PDA

View Full Version : How would you respond to an Orton for Palmer trade?

Taco John
03-02-2011, 09:14 AM
What would be your response if someway, somehow Elway managed to make a deal that traded Kyle Orton for Carson Palmer?

Kaylore
03-02-2011, 09:15 AM
I would approve. Or Kevin Kolb.

Rohirrim
03-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Which one is more immovable?

ghostofjosh
03-02-2011, 09:17 AM
problem is Palmers arm strength is shot,hes probably no better than Orton right now honestly

jhns
03-02-2011, 09:18 AM
I would love it.

Taco John
03-02-2011, 09:18 AM

I'm not convinced that Kolb isn't Jake Delhomme part Deux, yet...

RhymesayersDU
03-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Wouldn't care; Tebow or bust.

Kaylore
03-02-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm not convinced that Kolb isn't Jake Delhomme part Deux, yet...

I'd take a young Jake Delhomme any day.

BroncoMan4ever
03-02-2011, 09:24 AM
it would put us in the same position as now. a vet who expects to start, but isn't really any better than Tebow, and has already reached his peak, with an attitude of i won't play here if i don't start.

trade Orton for picks not a replacement

SonOfLe-loLang
03-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Not sure the upshot of this unless you really dont believe in Tim.

Regardless, lets say this happened, can Tim still come in at the 10 yard line? Did you notice how the broncos red zone issues, an ANNUAL problem, virtually disappeared once we put Tim in near the goalline?

Popps
03-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Outside of a few games while injured, hasn't Orton outperformed Palmer over the past two seasons?

srphoenix
03-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Ill take a 4th round pick for orton over palmer, dude hasn't been good for a couple of years and tebow has cemented himself as the starter. The open competition rhetoric is still out there only to generate more trade value for orton.

BroncoMan4ever
03-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Not sure the upshot of this unless you really dont believe in Tim.

Regardless, lets say this happened, can Tim still come in at the 10 yard line? Did you notice how the broncos red zone issues, an ANNUAL problem, virtually disappeared once we put Tim in near the goalline?

the whole team looked better with Tebow in.

that can't be overlooked. he was playing with an interim coach, with no real preparation working with the 1st team offense prior to his starting, and playing with a neutered playbook, and the team in all phases looked better with him on the field.

screw Orton, screw Palmer, this is Tebow time.

bronco militia
03-02-2011, 09:32 AM
what? why?

BroncoMan4ever
03-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Ill take a 4th round pick for orton over palmer, dude hasn't been good for a couple of years and tebow has cemented himself as the starter. The open competition rhetoric is still out there only to generate more trade value for orton.

agreed.

now Denver if the CBA is worked out can field offers for Orton and pull this card
"well he is our starter, we can't just give him away for nothing, we need something in return."

if he is seen as a starter other teams will be forced to give up more to get him. if Tebow was named starter, then other teams could lowball Denver on trade proposals.

Rigs11
hell no, i would rather have elway suit up

OBF1
i would rather trade Orton for Aaron Rodgers

Kaylore
03-02-2011, 09:34 AM
I would rather receive 100 million dollars.

Bronco Vixen
03-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Yes please. He'd be a much stronger backup for Timmy. And by stronger I mean, sober, more accurate, more mobile, sober..

Chris
03-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Palmer's contract is huge (he's due 12 million this year) and it looks like if he's demanding to be traded he wants to be a starter.

Smiling Assassin27
03-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Yes please. He'd be a much stronger backup for Timmy. And by stronger I mean, sober, more accurate, more mobile, sober..

Kyle's alcohol consumption is for medicinal purposes only, I assure you.

lostknight
03-02-2011, 09:39 AM
What would be your response if someway, somehow Elway managed to make a deal that traded Kyle Orton for Carson Palmer?

Honestly, I think the chance is there for a platoon system at QB. Tebow in the red zone, and short thirds, and some other QB at other positions.

Is it Palmer? I really don't think so. I don't think Palmer is going to be willing to play anywhere where a up and coming QB is already located. Plus, I don't see Orton being willing to go to a team like the bengals with very little talent at WR, assuming that Ocho and Owens are on the way out.

GoBroncos84
03-02-2011, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't see the point. Trade orton for a 3rd and a 5th and I'm happy.

BroncoMan4ever
03-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Honestly, I think the chance is there for a platoon system at QB. Tebow in the red zone, and short thirds, and some other QB at other positions.

Is it Palmer? I really don't think so. I don't think Palmer is going to be willing to play anywhere where a up and coming QB is already located. Plus, I don't see Orton being willing to go to a team like the bengals with very little talent at WR, assuming that Ocho and Owens are on the way out.

if we do that platoon QB crap and if Elway, Xanders, and Fox allow that to happen, they all deserve to be fired.

if Tebow is your starter, you play him 100% of the time, regarless of mistakes he will make. you take the good with the bad and live with it.

if someone else is the starter, then that guy is your QB, and he plays 100% of the time.

QB is not like RB in that it can have multiple players for different looks and different scenarios in a game. QB can't keep flipping in and out.

BroncoMan4ever
03-02-2011, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't see the point. Trade orton for a 3rd and a 5th and I'm happy.

i would't mind the 3rd and 5th, but i really want an additional 2nd

BroncoInferno
03-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Five years ago, sure. But Palmer is pretty much washed up. Orton is better than Palmer at this stage of the game.

Smiling Assassin27
03-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Platoon situations are for RB's, not QB's.

Sincerely,

Shawn Moore and Tommy Maddox

If you have 2 qb's, you really have none. Boom!

Sincerely,

John Madden

Dedhed
03-02-2011, 09:49 AM

I would ask why we didn't trade him for a starting LB, DT, TE, S, RB, or any other position that would significantly upgrade the team.

lostknight
03-02-2011, 09:52 AM
if we do that platoon QB crap and if Elway, Xanders, and Fox allow that to happen, they all deserve to be fired.

Why? Here is a forward chaining logic statement. Quarterbacks are the most critical position in the NFL. Despite the additional protection for quarterbacks, quarterbacks are injuried frequently. Quarterbacks, because of that additional protection are much more threatening when they get outside of the pocket then they ever have been before. Therefore it makes sense when you have a mobile dynamic quarterback like Tebow, you hedge your bet and platoon your QB, just like running backs are platooned.

It's not a accident that Tebow is most effective in areas where other quarterbacks systematically suck. In third and fourth downs, in the red zone, and with the game on the line. It therefore makes sense to tailor his role to those situations.

if Tebow is your starter, you play him 100% of the time, regarless of mistakes he will make. you take the good with the bad and live with it.

If it were just about the mistakes, I would agree with you. But it's not. The QB position has gotten complex and tailored enough that it really does make sense to have a "Red" quarterback and a "blue" quarterback for outside and inside the twenties.

Remember that Tebow was scary effective in the Swamp Packages, and his second game, led a comeback bigger then any Elway one. That's saying something right there.

Orton is amazing effective, when he can be on-schedule. Tebow is amazng effective when forced off-schedule. On-schedule situations happen outside of the twenties, off-schedule is the fact of life inside the twenties.

peacepipe
03-02-2011, 09:56 AM
if that were to happen,the ideas of tebow being our future QB are over. Palmer is a damn good QB just needs a change of scenery.

Shananahan
03-02-2011, 09:57 AM
How does this even make sense to any of you people? What exactly would the team be accomplishing in a trade like this?

peacepipe
03-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Why? Here is a forward chaining logic statement. Quarterbacks are the most critical position in the NFL. Despite the additional protection for quarterbacks, quarterbacks are injuried frequently. Quarterbacks, because of that additional protection are much more threatening when they get outside of the pocket then they ever have been before. Therefore it makes sense when you have a mobile dynamic quarterback like Tebow, you hedge your bet and platoon your QB, just like running backs are platooned.

It's not a accident that Tebow is most effective in areas where other quarterbacks systematically suck. In third and fourth downs, in the red zone, and with the game on the line. It therefore makes sense to tailor his role to those situations.

If it were just about the mistakes, I would agree with you. But it's not. The QB position has gotten complex and tailored enough that it really does make sense to have a "Red" quarterback and a "blue" quarterback for outside and inside the twenties.

Remember that Tebow was scary effective in the Swamp Packages, and his second game, led a comeback bigger then any Elway one. That's saying something right there.

Orton is amazing effective, when he can be on-schedule. Tebow is amazng effective when forced off-schedule. On-schedule situations happen outside of the twenties, off-schedule is the fact of life inside the twenties.

QBBC will never happen. QBs aren't injured as much as you would imply. the NFL is geared towards keeping the QB safe.

footstepsfrom#27
03-02-2011, 10:00 AM
No thanks. I'd rather use Orton to nab a 2nd rounder...maybe get Matt Hasselbeck in FA from the Seahawks. Besides, Palmer is less mobile than Orton at this point.

Smiling Assassin27
03-02-2011, 10:00 AM
It's not so much what could get done physically with 2 qb's, it's the damage that a platoon set up does to the psyche of BOTH qb's. QB's are egomaniacal, to an extent. Plummer crashed and burned when replaced by Cutler,Orton sulked when replaced by Tebow, and the list goes on forever. QB's are fragile and are ineffective when they believe that their coach, and by allusion their team lacks confidence in them and may not perform for them.

Not to mention that in practice, you'd have to split reps with the first team between qb's, based on the situations you might use them in the game. The result would be that if one goes down to injury, you have a qb who has had little real game preparation to implement a full game plan and you're screwed.

Bad idea.

loborugger
03-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Seems like a lateral step, from a Journeyman QB to a broken has been QB that has never been the same since he was broken. The only way I can even see this happening is if no one in the organization thinks Timmie can get it done.

BroncoMan4ever
03-02-2011, 10:09 AM

that is the craziest thing i have read today. QBs aren't like RBs that swithc during different situations on the field.

Tebow is awesome in his own way with the goalline plays, on 3rd downs, now the thing to do is work on the rest of his game and make him awesome in every situation, not just leave him undeveloped and only use him in those situations.

flip flopping QBs is what teams do when they don't have a viable option at QB, not what teams do when they have someone who is raw but has potential to be great

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
03-02-2011, 10:12 AM
I understand the meat and cheese, but why a bun?

BroncoMan4ever
03-02-2011, 10:13 AM
QBBC will never happen. QBs aren't injured as much as you would imply. the NFL is geared towards keeping the QB safe.

i believe it is called the Brady Rules

NFLBRONCO
03-02-2011, 10:28 AM
I'd do this deal if Cincy throws in a 2nd rounder and hairy Palmer for Orton

bendog
03-02-2011, 10:40 AM

Why would this be in Den's interest? Is there any talk of this happening? It makes zero financial, or personnel, sense

bendog
03-02-2011, 10:46 AM

Why would this be in Den's interest? Is there any talk of this happening? It makes zero financial, or personnel, sense

ColoradoDarin
03-02-2011, 10:46 AM
I would be happy, because we'd flip Palmer for picks, right? Right? No one thinks that Carson Palmer is an upgrade over Tebow? Right?

BroncoMan4ever
03-02-2011, 10:54 AM
I would be happy, because we'd flip Palmer for picks, right? Right? No one thinks that Carson Palmer is an upgrade over Tebow? Right?

hell i don't even really believe he is that much of an upgrade over Quinn at this point in his career

gyldenlove
03-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Why would we want Palmer? If he could swing Orton for a player whos best years are not quite as far behind him I would be all for it, but not Palmer.

Chris
03-02-2011, 11:02 AM
How does this even make sense to any of you people? What exactly would the team be accomplishing in a trade like this?

You people?

http://www.goaliestore.com/board/attachments/equipment-forum/21028d1260607096-how-do-you-people-wear-hockey-socks-kirk_lazarus.jpg

Miss I.
03-02-2011, 11:09 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ScbNp0-bvGU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bfoflcommish
03-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Palmer??? really????

TheReverend
03-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Favorably

crush17
03-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Terrible thread. Will never happen and Palmer is a shell of what he used to be. He knows it too, thats why he's talking all of this "for the love of the game" stuff.

jhns
03-02-2011, 11:35 AM

Are you sure? Orton is injured in every other game.

baja
03-02-2011, 11:52 AM
I think we should try an get a hockey player for Orton.

It would be more useful.

listopencil
03-02-2011, 01:17 PM
the whole team looked better with Tebow in.

that can't be overlooked. he was playing with an interim coach, with no real preparation working with the 1st team offense prior to his starting, and playing with a neutered playbook, and the team in all phases looked better with him on the field.

screw Orton, screw Palmer, this is Tebow time.

I have to agree that the entire team looked better when Tebow played. If we are going to trade Orton away, and get a QB back on the deal, I want someone who can back up Tebow.

cutthemdown
03-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Sounds to me like Elway plans to keep Orton, start him, and make Tebow get better and take the spot from him.

cutthemdown
03-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Orton played well early in the yr until his arm wore down from throwing too much, and teams figured out we couldn't run the ball at all.

Tebow gave a spark because he runs around but he is very raw, ELway is right.

I'm starting to think Tebow won't be starting for the Broncos this yr. Maybe ever.

extralife
03-02-2011, 01:24 PM
that'd be ridiculous. neither wants to be a backup, Palmer makes more money, and Orton is flat out better anyway. if you trade for a QB--even if you give up another one--you're just inviting controversy by hedging your bets against Tebow. terrible idea.

BroncosSR
03-02-2011, 01:25 PM

I'd take Kolb in a heartbeat...

broncosteven
03-02-2011, 01:27 PM

I would rather get pick's for Orton, Give Tebow a year to prove what he can do and if he can't win in the NFL then go after a new QBOTF next year.

They need to draft the best DT in round 1 this year and build from the trenchs out.

vancejohnson82
03-02-2011, 01:35 PM
how would everyone feel if we added more drama to our QB discussion?

illbroncsfn
03-02-2011, 01:35 PM
I for one would certainly take Palmer over Orton.

Miss I.
03-02-2011, 01:40 PM

Hmm, let's trade KingNeckbeard for Charlie Sheen. ;D (I was going to mention the QB who won't be named, but I figured that would be too much drama). ;D

BroncoMan4ever
03-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Hmm, let's trade KingNeckbeard for Charlie Sheen. ;D (I was going to mention the QB who won't be named, but I figured that would be too much drama). ;D

Ricky Vaughn had a hell of an arm. i make that trade.

http://www3.allaroundphilly.com/blogs/trentonian/yankeessuck/uploaded_images/sheen-794607.jpg?a=18

Miss I.
03-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Ricky Vaughn had a hell of an arm. i make that trade.

http://www3.allaroundphilly.com/blogs/trentonian/yankeessuck/uploaded_images/sheen-794607.jpg?a=18

yeah but his balls are smaller than KingNeckbeards? Would he adjust? ;D

jhns
03-02-2011, 01:55 PM
I think we should try an get a hockey player for Orton.

It would be more useful.

I played hockey. They should trade him for me.

vancejohnson82
03-02-2011, 01:57 PM

Sheen's postgame press conferences would be worth it

baja
03-02-2011, 02:00 PM

Well I don't know but it would add to traffic on internet sports boards.

Miss I.
03-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Sheen's postgame press conferences would be worth it

That's true.
Also it would be good if started a local charity thing as sports figure do especially involving the whole telling kids to stay off drugs...."Crack is wack kids, Whitney was right." And maybe he and Josina could, well anyway...it woudl certainly add some drama to these parts. they sure have gotten quiet lately. ;D

Boobs McGee
03-02-2011, 02:08 PM
from the article:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Palmer-ready-to-retire-if-Bengals-won-t-let-him-?urn=nfl-328569 "Palmer signed a six-year, $118.75 million contract extension in December of 2005 that takes him through the 2014 season. He may be attractive to several teams in need of quarterbacks, but not likely at the $11.5 million in base salary due him in the 2011 and 2012 seasons"

Honestly, I don't think we'd be willing to pick up that tab for 2 years, considering Orton was just as good if not better. Statistically speaking, let's have a look at the two qb's. With three less games, orton had 300 less total passing yards , 6 less tds, 11 LESS INT'S, 48 MORE rushing yards, a 3% difference in completion rating...etc etc. Not to mention, Kyle was playing behind a rookie line with injuries (palmer had a healthy line with the exception of one guy for 4 games), against a TOUGHER division defensively, and without two of the better receivers in football. Orton was having a better year (until the injury), with less talent, behind a shoddy line, all the while making better decisions. Why on earth would you want to trade for a guy with a very similar skillset that hasn't been in our system and requires a LOT bigger payday, bringing essentially no upgrade?

I personally think it would be a giant waste of time/money, and would MUCH rather see Kyle here either as a backup, or traded for picks. Let Palmer retire (see more from the article below) so we can reap the benefits of a team in dire need of a veteran leader.

PLEASE do not trade for that guy. I want picks, or Orton stays.

" Palmer recently told a friend that he would "never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again," and that he has "$80 million in the bank. I don't have to play football for money. I'll play it for the love of the game but that would have to be elsewhere. I'm prepared to live my life."

HAT
03-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Hmm, let's trade KingNeckbeard for Charlie Sheen.

What would be the point? That's kind of like drafting Patrick Peterson after letting Champ walk......Far better to get Neckbeard and Sheen on the same team as wingmen.

Dedhed
03-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Sounds to me like Elway plans to keep Orton, start him, and make Tebow get better and take the spot from him.

It will sound like that right up until a new CBA gets signed.

Miss I.
03-02-2011, 02:12 PM
What would be the point? That's kind of like drafting Patrick Peterson after letting Champ walk......Far better to get Neckbeard and Sheen on the same team as wingmen.

Pssst, that was kind of my point silly...that trading one for the other whether it be for Palmer or Sheen would be kind of pointless...does not help the team..though you know Charlie did play a QB in a movie once, I think it was Lucas...not sure if he was QB, or just a random football player though, but clearly that experience alone would make him a great QB. ;D

AZorange1
03-02-2011, 02:15 PM

Probably work out better than some may think. Tebow will get there this year but I see more friction with Orton at the helm. Palmer comes in he's the "new guy" and Tebow is in a better position.

HAT
03-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Probably work out better than some may think. Tebow will get there this year but I see more friction with Orton at the helm. Palmer comes in he's the "new guy" and Tebow is in a better position.

No way, no how. Palmer has been BMOC since high school. He's also threatened to pull a Plummer and retire if he doesn't get his way. You think playing 'for the love of the game' is synonymous with being the Denver Broncos back-up QB?

Orton on the other hand has experience with having the starting job taken away from him.

And to answer the OP, I would respond by wanting Elway to saw off one of Xanders' legs and have Ellis fly it to my house on ice to kick me in the nuts with.

bowtown
03-02-2011, 02:35 PM
I'd respond by scratching my head, picking a side and arguing it to the death on the Mane.

Missouribronc
03-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Brian Xanders is tearing this team apart!

Tombstone RJ
03-02-2011, 02:47 PM

Palmer's knees are shot. He's a statue in the pocket, even more so that Orton.

It's possible he can re-ignite his career in another city, but I don't know if he's worth $12m a year. If Elway could make a straight up trade with Cincy--Orton for Palmer--I'd be just fine with it.

orinjkrush
03-02-2011, 03:31 PM
while Morton can't move in the pocket well, his connection to Moses is amazing. just lob the damn ball up there and Moses will go get it. 'specially on the sidelines. best in the league.

if we bring in Palmer, it will be starting from scratch all over.

i say we stick with Morton till Tebow can show he's ready for prime time.

we might just get lucky.

broncosteven
03-02-2011, 06:45 PM
while Morton can't move in the pocket well, his connection to Moses is amazing. just lob the damn ball up there and Moses will go get it. 'specially on the sidelines. best in the league.

if we bring in Palmer, it will be starting from scratch all over.

i say we stick with Morton till Tebow can show he's ready for prime time.

we might just get lucky.

Your allusion to Morton would work if Orton had Craig's arm. If you watch the old DVD's or VHS tapes of Craig you will be very impressed with the quickness of his release and cannon of an arm both of which Orton does not have.

So close but no Cigar!

eddie mac
03-02-2011, 06:50 PM

A 4th rounder???

Have you seen the **** that's available both through the draft, free agency and possible trades. If someone lands Orton for a 4th, it's highway robbery.

Archer81
03-02-2011, 07:15 PM
I considered the hypothesized trade, and have concluded at best it is a lateral move. If it happens, I wont be upset about it. But I really think a draft choice or two should take Kyle's place.

:Broncos:

Requiem
03-02-2011, 07:17 PM
George Foster for QB.

BroncoMan4ever
03-02-2011, 07:18 PM
A 4th rounder???

Have you seen the **** that's available both through the draft, free agency and possible trades. If someone lands Orton for a 4th, it's highway robbery.

hell i have been thinking 2nd rounder for the guy, 3rd and a 5th or 6th possibly.

he isn't a superstar, but if you put a good line in front of him, a good running game, and a defense that only allows 20 a game he will get a team a ****load of wins

Missouribronc
03-02-2011, 07:21 PM
George Foster for QB.

John Fox is tearing this team apart!

broncosteven
03-02-2011, 07:28 PM
hell i have been thinking 2nd rounder for the guy, 3rd and a 5th or 6th possibly.

he isn't a superstar, but if you put a good line in front of him, a good running game, and a defense that only allows 20 a game he will get a team a ****load of wins

He will get you 10 wins in one season if he has a D that can score more than his O does.

Missouribronc
03-02-2011, 07:32 PM
He will get you 10 wins in one season if he has a D that can score more than his O does.

Really? Just Orton? He's the only quarterback that can win 10 games if his defense scores more than his offense?

Really? Think about that statement.

TDmvp
03-02-2011, 09:49 PM
As someone from Cincinnati , who doesn't hate Carson ...

HELL NO

Besides the contract stuff someone mentioned he is not the long term fix and not going to play second fiddle and mentor / backup.

He is basically at this point Orton with a much better pedigree.

O what might have been if he was drafted by a actual pro team. :)

TEBOW OR BUST !!! ... (and I hated us Drafting him but I'm on the bandwagon now and hoping the kid pans out , he's sure hard to dislike)

Shananahan
03-02-2011, 10:37 PM
So.... has anybody posted a way in which this trade would benefit Denver whatsoever? I've been trying to scan it every now and then, but haven't seen anything so far.

ZONA
03-03-2011, 12:07 AM
The old saying "great QB's are drafted, not traded for" usually holds suit. Sure there are a handful of guys over the years but pretty much, you've got to draft a guy if you expect anything other then slightly above average. Tebow or bust right now. If Tebow doesn't become a top 7 QB over the next few years, time to draft another guy.

Bronco Yoda
03-03-2011, 05:34 AM
NO

strafen
03-03-2011, 05:49 AM
We're fine the way it is.
Carson Palmer sucks...

Pick Six
03-03-2011, 06:05 AM

He's a biwinner. I guess that means that Charlie Sheen is good for 2 wins...

Steve Sewell
03-03-2011, 06:45 AM

/le sigh

OMane isn't your personal bleacher report, and your takes are bleacher report-esque garbage.

HAT
03-03-2011, 10:42 AM
So.... has anybody posted a way in which this trade would benefit Denver whatsoever? I've been trying to scan it every now and then, but haven't seen anything so far.

It's Taco dude....He's not exactly known for his stellar takes regarding QB's.

Lestat
03-03-2011, 11:13 AM
too much salary for Denver to absorb with the team they have now. too much money would be tied up in Palmer and Tebow.

at present Denver is not a team that's gonna win 11-12 games and be a potential surefire playoff team(well... depending on the AFC West). this is a team with 8-8 to 9-7 record in it's future, depending upon the moves made and how the team gels together.

if we were a likely playoff team with championship aspirations this season then i'd welcome the move. but as of now, we need to focus on the defense and finding out who the QB will be going forward.

jhns
03-03-2011, 11:46 AM

It gets Orton out of town.

Sodak
03-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Carson Palmer reminds me of Drew Bledsoe.

ozomulsion
03-03-2011, 01:30 PM

Sober=overated

errand
03-03-2011, 02:03 PM

You'd have to pull the trigger on that deal if it's offered...but what does that mean for Tebow?

I'm thinking Buffalo, Arizona, SF, Minnesota, and even Miami might make that deal for him......they need a QB alot more than we do.

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Sober=overated

Aw man, I miss you posting.

Shananahan
03-03-2011, 05:12 PM
You'd have to pull the trigger on that deal if it's offered...but what does that mean for Tebow?

I'm thinking Buffalo, Arizona, SF, Minnesota, and even Miami might make that deal for him......they need a QB alot more than we do.
Mindblowing.

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Mindblowing.

The guy's pretty damn good.

Has all the measurables.
Is a very hard worker.
Has had a pretty successful career on a terrible franchise.
Is in the prime of his career as a QB and his 2 major injuries are far behind him.

If some team gets their mitts on him, they'll be fortunate to have him for sure and I would not be surprised to see his career take off like it appeared it would when he was in his 3rd/4th year.

Punisher
03-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Orton is better than Palmer the Bengals would dance around if that trade was offered.

Tombstone RJ
03-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Orton is better than Palmer the Bengals would dance around if that trade was offered.

Palmer is a much better QB than Orton, anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head checked. The only thing Orton has going for him is he's a few years younger than Palmer.

But seriously folks, Palmer is a much better QB. Really, it's ok to acknowledge this simple fact.

Really.

IT.IS.OH.KAY.

Punisher
03-04-2011, 08:40 AM
Palmer is a much better QB than Orton, anyone who thinks otherwise needs their head checked. The only thing Orton has going for him is he's a few years younger than Palmer.

But seriously folks, Palmer is a much better QB. Really, it's ok to acknowledge this simple fact.

Really.

IT.IS.OH.KAY.

Chad Johnson and T.O are better than Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney nuff said

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2011, 08:46 AM

Really.

IT.IS.OH.KAY.

Unless I'm mistaken, so far in this entire thread, it is basically only you, jhns and Taco that would make this claim. Good company there.

People cringe at a $9 mil salary for Orton. Palmer is making over $12 per year and some are ok with that. Unreal.

TheReverend
03-04-2011, 08:55 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, so far in this entire thread, it is basically only you, jhns and Taco that would make this claim. Good company there.

People cringe at a $9 mil salary for Orton. Palmer is making over $12 per year and some are ok with that. Unreal.

I THINK everyone would/should make the claim that Palmer is better than Orton. The issue I THINK people would have with it comes from not significantly upgrading the team. If we were to trade Orton for a player, I'd want a defensive player, not upgrade the QB position for more QB controversy and an even higher price tag.

jhns
03-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Chad Johnson and T.O are better than Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney nuff said

LOL

Sure, they have better careers but we are talking about the here and now... Welcome to 2011.

bendog
03-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I think Taco is just channeling McKid to stir the pot.

Punisher
03-04-2011, 08:57 AM
LOL

Sure, they have better careers but we are talking about the here and now... Welcome to 2011.

Hilarious!

jhns
03-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Hilarious!

Use some facts to prove it then. It is obvious that you haven't watched them.

Chad and TO = 139 catches, 1814 yards, 13 TD
Lloyd and Gaffney = 142 catches, 2323 yards, 13 TD

Punisher
03-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Use some facts to prove it then. It is obvious that you haven't watched them.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/Greenegg.gif

or

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/32/Rye_catcher.jpg/200px-Rye_catcher.jpg

hmmmmmmmmm

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
03-04-2011, 09:20 AM
I have one question. For about three, four years the bungles had arguablly the best WR corp around with ocho cinco, tj who yo mama, and chris henry. What did palmer do with them?

jhns
03-04-2011, 09:21 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/Greenegg.gif

or

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/32/Rye_catcher.jpg/200px-Rye_catcher.jpg

hmmmmmmmmm

Don't worry, I knew you had nothing well before you posted in this thread. Thanks for playing.

Punisher
03-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Don't worry, I knew you had nothing well before you posted in this thread. Thanks for playing.

Your as simple as putting a dick in a pussy

Punisher
03-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Your as simple as putting a dick in a p***Y

And you probably **** that up

*WARHORSE*
03-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Id rather wear a cacti thong.

Palmer has done exactly what?

Orton has done exactly what?

Id rather wear a thong made with a 2" diameter rope than do a trade like that.:curtsey:

Get rid of Orton to Seattle, Washington, Arizona, Tennessee, Buffalo, Cincy, Carolina, Minnesota or Jokeland.

Highest bidder wins.

jhns
03-04-2011, 09:29 AM
And you probably **** that up

You should work on not looking like a dumbass before trying to insult someone. It is hard to get offended by your insults after you prove you aren't on my level.

Punisher
03-04-2011, 09:33 AM
You should work on not looking like a dumbass before trying to insult someone. It is hard to get offended by your insults after you prove you aren't on my level.

And what level is that?

jhns
03-04-2011, 09:37 AM
And what level is that?

One that requires an education.

Beantown Bronco
03-04-2011, 09:42 AM

A special one, no doubt.

Punisher
03-04-2011, 09:42 AM

Have you ever been in a state of nirvana?

jhns
03-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Have you ever been in a state of nirvana?

Nope. I am listening to Nirvana right now though. Does that count?

Punisher
03-04-2011, 09:47 AM
Nope. I am listening to Nirvana right now though. Does that count?

I win

jhns
03-04-2011, 09:48 AM
A special one, no doubt.

:nutkick

jhns
03-04-2011, 09:52 AM
I win

Yeah you do.

**pats Punisher on the head while walking away **

Durango
03-04-2011, 10:36 AM

Really.

IT.IS.OH.KAY.

That's true. Much better arm and accuracy. When I first read about Palmer demanding a trade, I thought this might be a decent idea, assuming the Bengals would even consider it (which I doubt they would). One problem might be his bloated contract. It seems Denver is cutting the finances to the bone (outside of retaining Bailey), so I doubt the front office would even consider trading for Palmer even if Cincinnati was willing.