PDA

View Full Version : What video games are you currently playing?

broncolife
02-28-2011, 09:12 PM
What video games are you currently playing?

Boobs McGee
02-28-2011, 09:13 PM
bad company 2 ftw

RhymesayersDU
02-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Black Ops, NBA Jam.

TheChamp247
02-28-2011, 09:16 PM
FallOut: New Vegas, just got done with Assassians Creed 2 and Assassians Creed: Brotherhood. Both great games I thought.

vancejohnson82
02-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Madden up until the next one comes out

broncolife
02-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Games playing

Wii- Fragile Dreams, Rune factory
ps3- Resonance of fate, Fallout 3
xbox360-Record of Agarest War
ps2-persona 3, Tales of Abyss, Steambot chronicles
Gc-Skies of Arcadia

Games that I have but still havent played yet
wii-Shiren the Wanderer
wii-Arcrise Fantasia
wii-Harvest moon animal parade
ps3-Ruse
ps3-Heavy Rain
ps3-Uncharted 2
ps2-Disgaea 2
ps2-Persona 4

Boobs McGee
02-28-2011, 09:39 PM
FallOut: New Vegas, just got done with Assassians Creed 2 and Assassians Creed: Brotherhood. Both great games I thought.

Recently finished ACBrotherhod, and really enjoyed it. The only thing that pisses me off, was the whole final battle sequence, and another weird ending. Very solid game overall though

extralife
02-28-2011, 09:48 PM
TACTICS OGRE

and

ITS MARVEL BABY

TheChamp247
02-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Recently finished ACBrotherhod, and really enjoyed it. The only thing that pisses me off, was the whole final battle sequence, and another weird ending. Very solid game overall though

Definiatly a weird friggin ending. I like the final scene only after I actually thought about it more and what they could have actually meant by it. I don't believe it was as literal as it initally sounded. Can't wait for the next one.

schaaf
02-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Madden 11, MW2.

I bought Black Ops but I couldn't play it, I've never been more disappointed in a game than the new Black Ops.
Treyarch really ****ed that game up.

NUB
02-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Sacred 2. It's ****, but it will do until Diablo 3 sucks away my soul.

Also, Saints Row 2. It's what Rockstar should have done with the new generation instead of the all-too-serious GTA IV.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-28-2011, 09:58 PM
FIFA '11 and Eternal Sonata

Broncosfreak_56
02-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Minecraft, Nehrim.

HILife
02-28-2011, 10:02 PM
CoD Black Ops, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

Atwater His Ass
02-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Rift

Broncobiv
02-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Fable 3 and Fallout 3 (XB 360).

And Castle Age on Facebook for like 4 hours every day.

Los Broncos
02-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Black Ops and Mass Effect 2, looking forward to news games coming out.

iforgotmypassword
02-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Ogre battle 64 baby. always and forever.

Dexter
02-28-2011, 10:41 PM
Vanquish, Marvel vs Capcom 3

Soon Bulletstorm(GF just beat it), and Dragon Age 2 when it comes out :)

ant1999e
02-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Black Ops

ant1999e
02-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Madden 11, MW2.

I bought Black Ops but I couldn't play it, I've never been more disappointed in a game than the new Black Ops.
Treyarch really ****ed that game up.

Why couldn't you play it?

spdirty
02-28-2011, 11:06 PM
NHL 11, NBA 2K11, and looking forward to MLB 11 the show to come out. Sounds like they finally got the online league right.

schaaf
02-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Why couldn't you play it?

I couldn't get used to it. I loved the Campaign, but I couldn't bring myself to like the online play. In MW2 I had my sniper on every single map and I liked how the maps were more open.

When I got Black Ops, I couldn't use the sniper and when I finally could there were no spots for me to snipe at. To me it seemed like the only gun that would be useful was the Famas or a Sub-Machine gun, the game made all other weapons obsolete

BMarsh615
02-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Dead Space 2 and Black Ops (Zombies).

In about 3 weeks Crysis 2 comes out so I will probably be playing that a lot...

ant1999e
03-01-2011, 12:06 AM
I couldn't get used to it. I loved the Campaign, but I couldn't bring myself to like the online play. In MW2 I had my sniper on every single map and I liked how the maps were more open.

When I got Black Ops, I couldn't use the sniper and when I finally could there were no spots for me to snipe at. To me it seemed like the only gun that would be useful was the Famas or a Sub-Machine gun, the game made all other weapons obsolete

The maps definitely aren't sniper friendly. I use the Galil and I kick butt with it.

ZONA
03-01-2011, 01:08 AM
World Golf Challenge 2011 (also known as Hank Haney Golf 2011)

L4D2

TF2

MX vs ATV Reflex

Dirt 2

Doggcow
03-01-2011, 02:39 AM
Dragon Age: Origins/Awakening - Playing it again befor 2 comes out.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

55CrushEm
03-01-2011, 06:15 AM
Starcraft 2

jhns
03-01-2011, 06:23 AM
I have played Borderlands, Fallout: New Vegas, and Bad Company 2 in the past week.

Goobzilla
03-01-2011, 06:35 AM
Bulletstorm

HILife
03-01-2011, 06:41 AM

CAMPER!! You.

http://rlv.zcache.com/call_of_duty_camper_shirt-p2356139673640255132f40w_210.jpg

ColoradoDarin
03-01-2011, 06:47 AM
Rock Band 3

Archer81
03-01-2011, 07:10 AM

After the first AC ending, nothing surprises me about the series anymore. ACII is an excellent game though. After I beat it I went to Borders and got some books on the Borgias...

Games I am currently playing:
Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Back to the Future
Uncharted 2
Castlevania

:Broncos:

Rigs11
03-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Undead redemption -360
Bulletstorm- PC
Donkey Kong Country returns -Wii

rugbythug
03-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Any body want to swap 360 games?

DBruleU
03-01-2011, 09:27 AM
No one on the PS3 playing Killzone 3? I picked that up last week and have really enjoyed it. Been mainly playing FIFA/PES and NHL with KZ3 now. Looking forward to MLB and Homefront. Looks like an interesting FPS.

JDB7821
03-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Mass Effect 2. I have to say though, outside of technical issues, am I the only one that like the first Mass Effect more? I just hate how cookie cutter the game is with the regular missions:

1. Recruit team member
2. Solve team member's problem

I looked at a guide online to see how far along I was through this mess and came to realize that there's barely anything left in the story after doing the team-building.

chadta
03-01-2011, 09:37 AM
mario sports mix, wipeout, tiger woods 2011, rockband greenday

rugbythug
03-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Mass Effect 2. I have to say though, outside of technical issues, am I the only one that like the first Mass Effect more? I just hate how cookie cutter the game is with the regular missions:

1. Recruit team member

I looked at a guide online to see how far along I was through this mess and came to realize that there's barely anything left in the story after doing the team-building.

Mining planets blows

jhns
03-01-2011, 09:41 AM

1. Recruit team member

They were very different games but I liked both a lot.

Archer81
03-01-2011, 09:44 AM
No one on the PS3 playing Killzone 3? I picked that up last week and have really enjoyed it. Been mainly playing FIFA/PES and NHL with KZ3 now. Looking forward to MLB and Homefront. Looks like an interesting FPS.

I'm picking up Killzone 3 today. It should be a good one. I have not played Killzone since the first game on PS2.

Jesterhole
03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Duke Nukem Forever.

gyldenlove
03-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Black ops and Lord of the rings online.

Rohirrim
03-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Civ III

chadta
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Civ III

i just got that for my iphone, altho i dont think its 3, if i ever finish trainyard im going to move onto that

Kaylore
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Red Dead Redemption. Great recommendation, BTW OM.

On my SNES Emulator on my cell phone, the impossible 7th Saga.

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Beat Black Ops and Dead Space 2 in the past couple weeks. BO wasn't anything special. Dead Space is awesome, as always. So damned nerve-wracking playing that series. Go with headphones if you can. Oh, and a change of underwear.

Doggcow
03-01-2011, 12:56 PM

1. Recruit team member

Don't be mistaken.

ME2 was a segue to ME3. Story wise, they weren't trying to do a lot, but pass time. As the real threat is nowhere close in ME2.

They went gameplay for this reason, and made the combat more engrossing.

schaaf
03-01-2011, 01:01 PM
CAMPER!! You.

http://rlv.zcache.com/call_of_duty_camper_shirt-p2356139673640255132f40w_210.jpg

hahaha I've been called a camper but I don't consider myself one because I'm in a position where there is a claymore behind me and I rarely take myself out of zoom in the WA 2000.

I consider a camper one that hunkers down in a dark corner and waits for people to run out of a doorway and mow them down.

Kaylore
03-01-2011, 01:32 PM

1. Recruit team member

I can appreciate this. There was a clear emphasis on making the world feel bigger in the second ME and I think mission variety suffered. You may like some of the downloaded content. I actually am someone who loves ME and Dragonage, but finds them both a bit overrated. They are not the best of their genre I've ever played.

I will say I disagree with your opinion on ME2 Vs ME1. The first ME was even more tedious with all the endless Mako driving and rehashed maps for every mission on every planet. Sure, the overall motivation in "you have to help your team" creates general themes of sameness in overall objective, how each team member is helped is quite different, and the variation in choices during each mission is pretty wide. I think the story was basically a hold-over to the third, so it wasn't as developed as you'd want, but the second movie in a trilogy, with a few exceptions, is a transitional one. When you factor in the monotony of the first game, I disagree the second wasn't better.

gtown
03-01-2011, 01:53 PM
I can appreciate this. There was a clear emphasis on making the world feel bigger in the second ME and I think mission variety suffered. You may like some of the downloaded content. I actually am someone who loves ME and Dragonage, but finds them both a bit overrated. They are not the best of their genre I've ever played.

I will say I disagree with your opinion on ME2 Vs ME1. The first ME was even more tedious with all the endless Mako driving and rehashed maps for every mission on every planet. Sure, the overall motivation in "you have to help your team" creates general themes of sameness in overall objective, how each team member is helped is quite different, and the variation in choices during each mission is pretty wide. I think the story was basically a hold-over to the third, so it wasn't as developed as you'd want, but the second movie in a trilogy, with a few exceptions, is a transitional one. When you factor in the monotony of the first game, I disagree the second wasn't better.

All I remember of ME1 is standing around with my party in various elevators throughout the galaxy.

chadta
03-01-2011, 02:01 PM
I consider a camper one that hunkers down in a dark corner and waits for people to run out of a doorway and mow them down.

I consider a camper to be anybody who spends more time stationary than moving, they ruined the game, be it counterstrike, socom or any of the ones to come after it

WABronco
03-01-2011, 02:36 PM
reppin DoDS lol

also BC2 'nam, and BF2 for tk'ing purposes

and SC2, obviously

TheReverend
03-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Red Dead Redemption. Great recommendation, BTW OM.

On my SNES Emulator on my cell phone, the impossible 7th Saga.

AWESOME GAME, but far from impossible.

The one thing you NEED to note is that when fighting your opposition for the runes or whatever you're collecting again they scale levels with you, but their gear scales too, so you can't just grind levels and expect to overpower your way through the game. You have to have a balance between your level and equipment, or use a character that doesnt really use equipment.

McDman
03-01-2011, 05:38 PM
I always play the hot games that come out but after I'm done with them I inevitably come back to FIFA, it's my true love.

Archer81
03-01-2011, 05:44 PM
The two worst games for nintendo I have ever played (worse becase they were ****ing impossible) was Ghostbusters and Fester's Quest...pure insanity.

Favorite games by system:

Nintendo
Zelda
SMB
Contra

SNES
Super Punch Out
StarFox
Mortal Kombat II
Legend of Zelda

N64
Golden Eye
Starfox 64
Perfect Dark
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Playstation
Parasite Eve I & II
Final Fantasy IX

Playstation 2
God of War
Kill Zone
Gran Turismo

Playstation 3
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
InFamous
Batman: Arkham Asylum

JDB7821
03-01-2011, 05:54 PM

I just now finished the game and I thought the ending was better than the game as a whole. That said, I still think I liked the story flow of the first one better. The gameplay is certainly better in ME2, but I play RPG's for the story and scope of the game more so than the gameplay. Oblivion, for instance, I felt was a more "epic" RPG in a sense that everything seemed entirely different with what you could accomplish. I'm still definitely looking forward to ME3 and hopefully it combines elements of both games to perfection.

McDman
03-01-2011, 06:42 PM
The two worst games for nintendo I have ever played (worse becase they were ****ing impossible) was Ghostbusters and Fester's Quest...pure insanity.

Favorite games by system:

Nintendo
Zelda
SMB
Contra

SNES
Super Punch Out
StarFox
Mortal Kombat II
Legend of Zelda

N64
Golden Eye
Starfox 64
Perfect Dark
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Playstation
Parasite Eve I & II
Final Fantasy IX

Playstation 2
God of War
Kill Zone
Gran Turismo

Playstation 3
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
InFamous
Batman: Arkham Asylum

I think there is a game for Nintendo called "Goblins and Ghouls" that I'm pretty sure is unbeatable. I had it as a kid and I don't remember getting past the first level.

extralife
03-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Ghosts 'n Goblins

or Ghouls 'n Ghosts, but that never got an NES release.

Archer81
03-01-2011, 06:47 PM
I think there is a game for Nintendo called "Goblins and Ghouls" that I'm pretty sure is unbeatable. I had it as a kid and I don't remember getting past the first level.

Dude...I had that game too. My dad of all people could get a couple of levels in. My brothers and I could not get by level one.

Archer81
03-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Ghosts 'n Goblins

or Ghouls 'n Ghosts, but that never got an NES release.

Was it for Atari?

Maybe I am thinking of something else...like Gauntlet.

extralife
03-01-2011, 06:53 PM
it was probably just Ghosts 'n Goblins. the entire series is well known for the insane difficulty. Ghouls was the first sequel.

broncolife
03-01-2011, 06:55 PM

I beat ghost n goblins in the arcade and Nes. I think you had to beat it twice to get the ending. When I beat it at the arcade I had a ton of people cheering me on. To bad I didnt discover the quarter on a string trick till later because I spent alot of money on that game.

I also beat ghouls n ghost on the sega.

Rigs11
03-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Finished ghosts and goblins on nes.how you ask?running away from those pesky gargoyles.

AZorange1
03-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Wow, dosen't anyone out there play Age of Empires? Or is is cause I'm an old fart and it's taken me 4 years to win on the "hardest" level and ya'all already forgot about it?

WABronco
03-01-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm playing Xwing vs. Tie fighter. Game's from 1997. Had to get some custom installer to get the .exe to run on Windows 7. Nostalgia...

Archer81
03-01-2011, 06:58 PM
Wow, dosen't anyone out there play Age of Empires? Or is is cause I'm an old fart and it's taken me 4 years to win on the "hardest" level and ya'all already forgot about it?

I generally dont use the computer for gaming, unless its the Civilization series. I have Civ 4 now, had it for 4 years. I tried playing on Deity and got my ass handed to me in 120 turns.

Boo.

Broncosfreak_56
03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't know how many people here know what Minecraft is, but for those who do, I am currently making a Broncos stadium. Here is an in progress picture. Let me know what you guys think:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/2011-03-01_194301.png?t=1299034213

broncolife
03-01-2011, 07:01 PM

I have Age of Empires 3.

extralife
03-01-2011, 07:02 PM
awww **** son

minecraft fo lyfe

Broncosfreak_56
03-01-2011, 07:02 PM
awww **** son

minecraft fo lyfe

Lol. I am pretty addicted to it right now. How can you go wrong with virtual legos?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
03-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Playing GTA IV right now. Been a while.

maven
03-01-2011, 07:14 PM
Halo ODST online and PES 2011

:strong:

Lev Vyvanse
03-01-2011, 07:57 PM
TACTICS OGRE

and

ITS MARVEL BABY

What system are you playing tactics ogre on?

Taco John
03-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Am am absolutely addicted to StarCraft II

Chris
03-01-2011, 08:13 PM
I don't know how many people here know what Minecraft is, but for those who do, I am currently making a Broncos stadium. Here is an in progress picture. Let me know what you guys think:

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/2011-03-01_194301.png?t=1299034213

You are awesome but why are the hanging gardens of Babylon taking up half the stadium?

Broncosfreak_56
03-01-2011, 08:23 PM
You are awesome but why are the hanging gardens of Babylon taking up half the stadium?

It is an in progress shot. Still not close to being done yet. Those gardens are gone now though. I'll show another update tomorrow, if you want.

EDIT: By the way, this is a picture before I did anything.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/Stadiumpt1.png?t=1299039978

maven
03-01-2011, 08:51 PM

I should have picked it up when it was $40, but I didn't. I was addicted to the first one(online multiplayer). Big Game Hunters FTW!

AZorange1
03-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I have Age of Empires 3.

I need to get the new stuff, I'll bet it's good. Hey, I moved from Lake Henshaw/Santa Isabelle about 6 years ago. Cool place.

extralife
03-01-2011, 08:54 PM
What system are you playing tactics ogre on?

PSP version

totally worth playing if you've any interest in the Ogre Battle series, Yasumi Matsuno's games, or are a fan of Final Fantasy Tactics. super polished and a different enough take on the idea from both the original game and FFT to be fresh.

Lev Vyvanse
03-01-2011, 09:03 PM
PSP version

totally worth playing if you've any interest in the Ogre Battle series, Yasumi Matsuno's games, or are a fan of Final Fantasy Tactics. super polished and a different enough take on the idea from both the original game and FFT to be fresh.

MOTBQ is one of my all time favorite games. I'm actually thinking about buying a psp.

Archer81
03-01-2011, 09:06 PM
MOTBQ is one of my all time favorite games. I'm actually thinking about buying a psp.

There is a PSP2 coming out. They announced it a few weeks back. I have a PSPgo. Not a bad little hand held. Does a little bit of everything.

Broncos4Life
03-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Fallout New Vegas and enjoying Madden 11 again because of tweaked sliders.

maven
03-01-2011, 09:23 PM
PSP version

Since you use your PSP, and you're playing Tactics Ogre, have multiple game recommendations for the PSP?

Natedog24
03-01-2011, 09:31 PM

Thats awesome :notworthy

I haven't built anything too crazy in Minecraft yet. I seem to spend most of my time exploring or digging, but its pretty amazing what you can create in that game.

Other then Minecraft i recently got Dead Space 2 from gamefly and its a really impressive game, definitely living up to the hype.

Archer81
03-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Since you use your PSP, and you're playing Tactics Ogre, have multiple game recommendations for the PSP?

God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta are pretty awesome. I also downloaded some PS1/PS2 classics like Resident Evil, RE2 and FFIX.

Broncosfreak_56
03-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Thats awesome :notworthy

I haven't built anything too crazy in Minecraft yet. I seem to spend most of my time exploring or digging, but its pretty amazing what you can create in that game.

Other then Minecraft i recently got Dead Space 2 from gamefly and its a really impressive game, definitely living up to the hype.

Thanks man, appreciate the comment. It is crazy what people have done in Minecraft. Some guy has done a to scale model of the USS enterprise. Pretty amazing.

chawknz
03-01-2011, 09:54 PM
Picked up Rift because I am a sucker for MMO's. Pretty good so far.

extralife
03-01-2011, 10:08 PM

It's basically a system for Monster Hunter and JRPGs. Gran Turismo and the Wipeout games are also quite exemplary. Lots of people like the Loco Roco and Patapon games, but I think both series are a little too one dimensional (from my limited experience).

If you have an interest in JRPGs it has a so-so port of Final Fantasy Tactics (terrible awful loading on all spell animations offset the added class, the added bonus characters, and the new fantastic translation), a good port of Valkyrie Profile, and a port of Persona 3 that I haven't played but is up and down (some stuff not in either of the PS2 versions, missing all the stuff from FES; 3D town replaced with 2d map). Ys Seven is good and people have good things to say about the I&II and III remakes. No experience with Valkyria Chronicles but VC2 has a lot of fans. Just lots of JRPGs in general. And lots of ports. Other super niche stuff like Half Minute Hero and What Did I Do to Deserve this, My Lord? that I've only played in demo form but that ever remain on my "check out for real at some point" list.

Oh and Castlevania Chronicles (ie Rondo of Blood) which is a pretty good remake and a pretty bad port of the original that also comes with a no-frills port of Symphony of the Night.

Access to PSN for PS1 games is pretty nice, even if they're generally overpriced.

OH

METAL GEAR SOLID PEACE WALKER

kind of forgot the best game on the system. Metal Gear back to not taking itself seriously + Monster Hunter structure and lots and lots of bonus stuff and base management.

overall it's really a pretty solid lineup with a handful of super standouts and a lot of games that appeal to very specific areas. I think the system itself is kind of a piece of **** in that it chews through battery life, it's impossible to keep clean and scratch free, and any game that doesn't allow for data loading onto an SD card is going to have terrible loading times. but them's the breaks.

ant1999e
03-01-2011, 10:20 PM

My son was messing around with this the other day. Looks pretty cool.

TheReverend
03-02-2011, 07:09 AM

I think you just never learned what to do in them...

Much closer to way too hard. I'd have to say the hardest game for NES was hands down "Kid Icarus". Jesus that thing was ridiculous

Archer81
03-02-2011, 07:28 AM

Much closer to way too hard. I'd have to say the hardest game for NES was hands down "Kid Icarus". Jesus that thing was ridiculous

No denial there. I was 8 though. I could make a little headway with ghostbusters, not so much with festers quest.

TheReverend
03-02-2011, 07:42 AM
No denial there. I was 8 though. I could make a little headway with ghostbusters, not so much with festers quest.

We're the same age. Fester's Quest clicked a lot easier to me than Ghostbusters did. That one took a little time.

JDB7821
03-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Now that I'm done with ME2, I'm thinking of either picking up the first Assassin's Creed and playing through the trilogy or Red Dead Redemption. Anyone have a suggestion of which is better? I know the first Assassin's Creed didn't seem to get high scores, but the latest two look pretty good.

Taco John
03-02-2011, 09:04 AM

No way. That thing was a piece of cake. Ghosts and Goblins was by far harder than Icarus.

Kaylore
03-02-2011, 09:07 AM

Kid Icarus. I loved that game, it was like a G-rated metroid, but much harder. The first person to beat it I saw was my friend's mom, interestingly. She was the only mom I knew that played NES and the only person I knew who beat the game. I beat it on an emulator later.

I have never beaten Ghosts and Goblins and don't have the patience to do so.

Rigs11
03-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Now that I'm done with ME2, I'm thinking of either picking up the first Assassin's Creed and playing through the trilogy or Red Dead Redemption. Anyone have a suggestion of which is better? I know the first Assassin's Creed didn't seem to get high scores, but the latest two look pretty good.

first assassins creed is ok, some of the missions are pretty repetitive. The second one and brotherhood however are gaming at its finest!Red dead redemption is amazing

55CrushEm
03-02-2011, 09:40 AM

I can't get enough of that game!

Willynowei
03-02-2011, 09:50 AM
For those who get the reference, I am a master ninja and still play that game whenever i get a chance :)

Never touched the COD series online, always thought they were a step backwards (although IW did a good job when they worked on it). After Bf1942 and Halo introduced vehicles and larger maps, you have to give me something more than counterstrike with console controls and aim assists (I don't care about perks, my kill-death ratio is reward enough). Can't wait for BF3, I think destructible environments will be a value add to the genre if done right.

I will add that although I'm not playing them right now, Bioware games are by far my favorite RPGs, they just take up a lot of time so I don't plan on playing DA II anytime soon. They are the only RPG maker that knows how to get the real time gameplay down right. DAO on PC was awesome, and ME has great gameplay in general.

I consider it the opposite of the elderscrolls games - focus is on the ice cream, not the topping.

Willynowei
03-02-2011, 09:55 AM
I can't get enough of that game!

That game is crack, but my beloved Protoss were nerfed to crap and never truly buffed after Beta, I'm using this as an excuse to stay away from the game and not get sucked in. (Hate Terran, I refuse to ever pick that favored race up.)

TheReverend
03-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Kid Icarus. I loved that game, it was like a G-rated metroid, but much harder. The first person to beat it I saw was my friend's mom, interestingly. She was the only mom I knew that played NES and the only person I knew who beat the game. I beat it on an emulator later.

I have never beaten Ghosts and Goblins and don't have the patience to do so.

Save state via emulator was a game changer. I've never heard of anyone who beat Kid Icarus the regular way until now.

broncolife
03-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Save state via emulator was a game changer. I've never heard of anyone who beat Kid Icarus the regular way until now.

I beat Kid Icarus:)

seanpgk
03-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Fight Night Champion. Best boxing game ever. Ever.

Requiem
03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
WWF No Mercy -- N64.

Archer81
03-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Fight Night Champion. Best boxing game ever. Ever.

King Hippo disagrees.

http://tinyurl.com/6bdt7nr

seanpgk
03-02-2011, 07:17 PM
King Hippo disagrees.

http://tinyurl.com/6bdt7nr

That's right, can't forget the Punch Out...Champion is the 2nd best.

Sincerely,

Piston Honda

TDmvp
03-02-2011, 07:34 PM
http://www.digitalbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Nba2k11_pc-dvd_fob-w800.jpg

To me this may be the most wow factor I have had from a new sports game since the first time I played football on the Dreamcast and I play about every new game every year and normally they just change a thing or two and dump it out. 2k11 just seems so next step/ground breaking.

The players in 2k11 just move so real and the presentation looks so spot on and the commentators are great.

And there is just so many modes
And top it off with M.J. and all the Jordan content and old teams , and M.J. does everything you think he should...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pfCQ1JYg44o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mogulseeker
03-02-2011, 08:07 PM
The video game of International Monetary Relations, Music Theory, Global Governance, and Intermediate Spanish.

That's the video game I'm playing.

JDB7821
03-02-2011, 08:33 PM
WWF No Mercy -- N64.

Fantastic game. I play it on my laptop every now and then.

extralife
03-02-2011, 08:46 PM
yeah No Mercy pretty much ****ing rules

edgemyster
03-02-2011, 08:59 PM
The game series I seem to recall being incredibly difficult was the original ninja gaiden. A friend of mine could beat those games while I had no patience for the re-spawning enemies. I did beat both GnG and kids icarus though (the first being much more frustrating than the second).

NFLBRONCO
03-02-2011, 09:12 PM
I would have expected more fans of Resident Evil and Silent Hill

Killericon
03-02-2011, 09:23 PM
http://images.wikia.com/diablo/images/d/d5/Diablo_II_Coverart.png

Boobs McGee
03-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Weird, there must just be a difference in how people play games ( and how difficult they are for each). Kid icarus was tough, but I beat it. Think I got through ghosts and goblins, but honestly can't remember. The games I could NOT beat after countless hours were rygar, ninja gaiden , and the goonies. Still pissed (and still couldn't beat any of them on nesticle, but the patience isn't there anymore either). ****ing ninja gaiden, man.

Boobs McGee
03-02-2011, 09:43 PM
aanybody played a fair amount of killzone 3 yet? The demo seemed pretty polished, I'm thinking about picking it up tomorrow. how's the multiplayer?

extralife
03-02-2011, 09:46 PM

in light of all those recent Resident Evil and Silent Hill titles that one might be reasonably expected to be playing.

Archer81
03-02-2011, 09:48 PM

The only Resident Evil I did not love was RE3: Nemesis. Otherwise I like the series. Silent Hill...I could never get into it. From what I have seen from the games, they look good. Just not my thing.

NFLBRONCO
03-02-2011, 10:05 PM
in light of all those recent Resident Evil and Silent Hill titles that one might be reasonably expected to be playing.

I agree about RE 5 and Silent Hill Homecoming isn't their best. I'm hoping Silent Hill Downpour in Oct is better.

NFLBRONCO
03-02-2011, 10:08 PM
The only Resident Evil I did not love was RE3: Nemesis. Otherwise I like the series. Silent Hill...I could never get into it. From what I have seen from the games, they look good. Just not my thing.

I hated dead Aim and outbreak ones RE 5 was also disappointing only game I haven't hardly started before I stopped playing. Honestly its hard to stay a fan when it takes 5 or 6 years between games as well.

JDB7821
03-02-2011, 11:00 PM
http://www.digitalbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Nba2k11_pc-dvd_fob-w800.jpg

To me this may be the most wow factor I have had from a new sports game since the first time I played football on the Dreamcast and I play about every new game every year and normally they just change a thing or two and dump it out. 2k11 just seems so next step/ground breaking.

The players in 2k11 just move so real and the presentation looks so spot on and the commentators are great.

And there is just so many modes
And top it off with M.J. and all the Jordan content and old teams , and M.J. does everything you think he should...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pfCQ1JYg44o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've had this game since October and play it every now and then. It's the first basketball game I've ever owned and obviously I bought it because of the rave reviews. That said, I always stop playing because I pretty much suck at it. I keep telling myself to have the patience to get good at it, but it's frustrating when I've been playing Madden since '02 and can easily pick up the controller and dominate.

I'm still going to keep trying to learn more about basketball and this game in particular because I can definitely tell it has some serious polish to it.

TDmvp
03-02-2011, 11:22 PM
I've had this game since October and play it every now and then. It's the first basketball game I've ever owned and obviously I bought it because of the rave reviews. That said, I always stop playing because I pretty much suck at it. I keep telling myself to have the patience to get good at it, but it's frustrating when I've been playing Madden since '02 and can easily pick up the controller and dominate.

I'm still going to keep trying to learn more about basketball and this game in particular because I can definitely tell it has some serious polish to it.

Yea man when I first started playing it I was like , This game's HARD LOL ...

The computer plays D like a mad man on default Pro settings. You just have to be really patient and careful with the ball. When I first started they would pick off my passes around the perimeter like crazy till I learned angles and to throw it when guys got to certain places in their routs.

But once you start getting a little better at it IT IS so fun and fulfilling when you do something cool and it looks and plays so good.

Hint , Pump fake is your friend heheh Pump get them in the air and go DUNK !!!

Love drunking/going at the basket and using the shot stick to shape shots... Very fulfilling hehe and the player of the game recap highlight they do just looks insane.

Doggcow
03-03-2011, 12:08 AM
http://images.wikia.com/diablo/images/d/d5/Diablo_II_Coverart.png

I just bought my new PC in anticipation for 3.

I miss playing Diablo 2. Finding awesome rares, was SO bad ass.

Then they made the game gay with overpowered Uniques... so everyone had the same cookie cutter characters.

Rares were the best... Everyone was unique and you never knew who you were brawling with (in PVP) until you actually started duking it out.