PDA

View Full Version : Charles Clay (RB) on Broncos radar

Chris
02-28-2011, 04:50 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Charles-Clay-on-radar-of-Jets-Dolphins-Broncos-and-Jets.html

Versatile Tulsa running back Charles Clay is an interesting prospect who has been making the rounds at the NFL scouting combine.Anyone have any highlights of this guy?

All I could find was this interview

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kmFkkabi__g" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Here's some more

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/scouting/scouting-report-charles-clay/

Some project him in the 6th round

I'm guessing the team still wants a bruiser to keep Moreno fresh. They wanted Gerhart last year.

Requiem
02-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Good. We need to end the abortion called the Spencer Larsen @ Fullback Experiment.

Chris
02-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Can play TE and is an RB... which means he can play FB.

footstepsfrom#27
02-28-2011, 05:41 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Charles-Clay-on-radar-of-Jets-Dolphins-Broncos-and-Jets.html
Do you really want to quote a blog that can't even write a decent headline?;D And what "source" would know what all three teams are interested in?

Chris
02-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Do you really want to quote a blog that can't even write a decent headline? And what "source" would know what all three teams are interested in?

Yeap. Dunno.

footstepsfrom#27
02-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Nice forty time with that size.

Chris
02-28-2011, 05:58 PM
Broader question - who keeps track of which players teams interview at the combine? Is that supposed to be secret or is it public knowledge?

Pony Boy
02-28-2011, 06:03 PM
He's no Hillis....

vancejohnson82
02-28-2011, 06:07 PM
He's no Hillis....

this board had been Hillis free for a frew weeks now...

thanks for inserting him back into the fold

Broncoman13
02-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Who cares what last year's Broncos wanted. Gerhardt being on their radar means jack right about now.

cmhargrove
02-28-2011, 07:06 PM
I watched plenty of Clay over the past couple years (I live in Tulsa). He is a very productive player, but he was generally a short yardage ball carrier / X-back type of guy.

I just don't know where his spot is at the next level. Many people had him pegged as a TE, some list him as RB, others as FB. He is definitely a productive, dependable, high character guy but I don't know where he fits.

If I remember correctly, in Tulsa's scheme he may have had more yards and TD's as a receiving threat than a running threat. I'd have to look that one up, but that's kind of the way I remember him being used.

The interesting player from Tulsa will be coming out next year - Damaris Johnson. He will have shattered the all time, all purpose yardage records by the time he graduates. He is a little "lightning in a bottle" type like DeSean Jackson, and probably only weighs 170 lbs. I have seen him play a lot of teams and when he is in the open field, he makes everyone look foolish.

Anyway, back to the subject, I like Clay but I just don't know what he is at the next level. Mayock even had him on his top 5 TE list for quite a while.

Dedhed
02-28-2011, 07:09 PM
He's no Hillis....

It's pretty obvious from the picture that he isn't white.

FireFly
02-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Good. We need to end the abortion called the Spencer Larsen @ Fullback Experiment.

Didn't we have another white fullback?

FireFly
02-28-2011, 07:17 PM
He's no Hillis....

And here I was thinking that I was being witty :(

tsiguy96
02-28-2011, 07:18 PM
I watched plenty of Clay over the past couple years (I live in Tulsa). He is a very productive player, but he was generally a short yardage ball carrier / X-back type of guy.

I just don't know where his spot is at the next level. Many people had him pegged as a TE, some list him as RB, others as FB. He is definitely a productive, dependable, high character guy but I don't know where he fits.

If I remember correctly, in Tulsa's scheme he may have had more yards and TD's as a receiving threat than a running threat. I'd have to look that one up, but that's kind of the way I remember him being used.

The interesting player from Tulsa will be coming out next year - Damaris Johnson. He will have shattered the all time, all purpose yardage records by the time he graduates. He is a little "lightning in a bottle" type like DeSean Jackson, and probably only weighs 170 lbs. I have seen him play a lot of teams and when he is in the open field, he makes everyone look foolish.

Anyway, back to the subject, I like Clay but I just don't know what he is at the next level. Mayock even had him on his top 5 TE list for quite a while.

sounds like a 3rd down back in the NFL

BroncoMan4ever
02-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Can play TE and is an RB... which means he can play FB.

i am tired of doing that with the FB position. if a guy in college played RB or TE pick one of those positions and line his ass up there in the pros. Denver always has to take a guy from his natural position and try to plug him in as something else. if we want a FB let's go out and get a FB.

also this guy seems more like a 3rd Down or goalline guy to me