PDA

View Full Version : UFC!!!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-26-2011, 09:50 PM
BJ vs. Finch match is a DRAW. This isn't soccer!!!

Cmac821
02-26-2011, 10:02 PM
why fight?

OABB
02-26-2011, 10:06 PM
That means Penn lost again and the judges threw it to protect their boy.

GoBroncos84
02-26-2011, 10:22 PM
I had it 10-9 Penn, 10-9 Penn, 10-8 Fitch. Legitimate tie, IMO. BJ won the first two rounds, got dominated in the 3rd. I expected to hear BJ win it two rounds to 1, but I was not surprised to hear the Fitch tied it up by how dominate he was in the final round.

The first two rounds were fairly close though. I am a BJ Penn fan, so take my homerism into consideration.

Bighorn
02-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Fitch is the most boring fighter in the UFC. Does he ever finish anybody?

DHallblows
02-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Can we have a serious talk about Penn not being considered one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world anymore? He has failed to beat 2 of the more boring fighters in the UFC in Fitch and Edgar. His only notable win lately was a KO on Hughes who's like 37 years old.

I called Penn's overhype in this thread:
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=92456&highlight=penn

Interesting that FADERPROOF hasn't been in either UFC thread after Penn's losses

DHallblows
02-27-2011, 11:01 AM
Fitch is the most boring fighter in the UFC. Does he ever finish anybody?

Completely agree. He's right up there with Frankie Edgar, Jake Shields and Chael Sonnen.
Your post got me thinking and I did some research on this. Percentage of fights won by decision:
Shields-46.1%
Fitch-56.5%
Sonnen-60.0%
Edgar-61.5%

Fighters like these are why some people think MMA is "just sweaty dudes rolling around on each other"

Bighorn
02-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Honestly I think you could put Rashad Evans and Bisping in that group as well they do just enough to win. I will never pay for a fight with fitch headlineing it again. Bj Penn on the other hand needs to go back to light weight the middle weight's are too big he looked like a beaten man (no pun intended) after the fight. I wonder how he would respond to some better coaching like Greg Jackson maybe?

DHallblows
02-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Honestly I think you could put Rashad Evans and Bisping in that group as well they do just enough to win. I will never pay for a fight with fitch headlineing it again. Bj Penn on the other hand needs to go back to light weight the middle weight's are too big he looked like a beaten man (no pun intended) after the fight. I wonder how he would respond to some better coaching like Greg Jackson maybe?

Agreed, especially with Rashad. Bisping isn't THAT boring to watch, over 60% of his wins are by KO. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Bisping, never want him to win and don't like watching him fight. But he finishes most of his fights (for whatever that's worth :giggle:)

Bighorn
02-28-2011, 10:14 AM
I guese your right Bisping does finish some people they need to step up his competition. I'd like to see him fight Vitor Belfor.

DHallblows
02-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Agreed. He has maybe 1 good win, while all of his losses are against all 3 good fighters he has faced.

rugbythug
02-28-2011, 11:48 AM
He also stole his best win at 205. He got worked by the deaf kid

Bighorn
02-28-2011, 02:38 PM
I thought Hamill beat Bisping too. Somewere I read a quote from Bisping saying that he thinks he will be ready for a title shot in the fall? No way the spider would crush him. I am looking forward for the Shogun Bones Jones fight I dont think Jones is quite ready for the likes of Shogun yet but he is close.

OABB
02-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I thought Hamill beat Bisping too. Somewere I read a quote from Bisping saying that he thinks he will be ready for a title shot in the fall? No way the spider would crush him. I am looking forward for the Shogun Bones Jones fight I dont think Jones is quite ready for the likes of Shogun yet but he is close.

I think bones wins. Shogun is tough, but jones has more upside. He may allready be there or close like you said. I think his close is still better than shogun. I am a huge bones homer so I accept scrutiny.

Bighorn
02-28-2011, 02:51 PM
I think bones wins. Shogun is tough, but jones has more upside. He may allready be there or close like you said. I think his close is still better than shogun. I am a huge bones homer so I accept scrutiny.

I like Jones alot too. Atleast it wil be a fight not a snore fest.

DHallblows
02-28-2011, 04:10 PM
If Jones wins, it's a sweet, early in the fight, KO/doctor stoppage. Shogun is probably too technical for Jones if the fight makes it to the 2 championship rounds.
I love Jones' use of elbows, he's one of the few that understand their power. I'd expect elbows will very soon go the way of the soccer kicks and head stomping that were allowed in Pride.