PDA

View Full Version : Official 2011 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JCMElway
02-26-2011, 09:19 AM
This is where we discuss all the picks, and it's also the home for the alphabetical list for players taken. DO NOT PUT DISCUSSION OF PICKS ON THE SELECTION THREAD. It just mucks up the works and makes the thread look stupid. Any discussion on that thread will just get deleted.

Alpha list

Acho, Sam
Addison, Mario
Allen, Anthony
Allen, Cortez
Allen, Pierre
Amukamara, Prince
Arkin, David
Austin, Marvin
Ayers, Akem
Bailey, Allen
Bair, Brandon
Baldwin, Jonathan
Ballard, Christian
Barksdale, Joseph
Barnes, Tim
Beal, Jeremy
Bellore, Nick
Binns, Armon
Black, Ahmad
Boling, Clint
Bowers, Da'quan
Bradford, Allen
Brewer, James
Brown, Chykie
Brown, Curtis
Brown, DeAndre
Brown, Jalil
Brown, Vincent
Burney, Kendric
Burton, Brandon
Burton, Stephen
Cameron, Jordan
Cannon, Marcus
Carimi, Gabe
Carmichael, Rashad
Carpenter, James
Carter, Bruce
Carter, Chris
Carter, David
Carter, Delone
Carter, Quinton
Casey, Jurrell
Castonzo, Anthony
Chekwa, Chimdi
Chinasa, Ugo
Chisolm, Garrett
Clay, Charles
Clay, John
Clayborn, Adrian
Cobb, Randall
Conte, Chris
Cooper, Graig
Culliver, Chris
Dalton, Andy
Dareus, Marcel
Dent, Akeem
Devine, Noel
Devlin, Pat
Dominguez, Ray
Doss, Tandon
Dowling, Ras-I
Ellis, Kendrick
Elmore, Ricky
Enderle, Nathan
Fairley, Nick
Fannin, Mario
Foster, Mason
Franklin, Orlando
Friday, Steven
Fua, Sione
Fusco, Brandon
Gabbert, Blaine
Gantt, Charlie
Gates, Edmund
Gideon, Blake
Gilbert, Marcus
Gilchrist, Marcus
Gomes, DeJon
Gray, Anthony
Green, AJ
Green, Alex
Green, Virgil
Gurley, Tori
Guy, Lawrence
Hagg, Eric
Hall, Derek
Hankerson, Leonard
Hairston, Chris
Harper, Jamie
Harris, Brandon
Harris, Dwayne
Harvey, Mario
Havili, Stanley
Helu, Roy
Henry, Alex
Herzlich, Mark
Heyward, Cameron
Hill, Ryan
Hill, Will
Hines, Jermale
Hix, Kyle
Hogan, Brandon
Hogue, Doug
Homan, Ross
House, Davon
Housler, Rob
Houston, Justin
Hudson, Rodney
Hunter, Kendall
Hurd, Zach
Hurt, Maurice
Hynoski, Henry
Ijalana, Ben
Ingam, Mark
Irving, Nate
Jackson, Andrew
Jarret, Jaiquawn
Jenkins, Jarvis
Johnson, Jeron
Johnson, Ronald
Johnson, Tejay
Jones, Colin
Jones, Greg
Jones, Julio
Jones, Ryan
Jones, Taiwan
Jordan, Cameron
Jernigan, Jerrel
Kaepernick, Colin
Kendricks, Lance
Keo, Shiloh
Kerley, Jeremy
Kerrigan, Ryan
King, Jarriel
Kirkpatrick, Jake
Lefeged, Joe
LeGree, Mark
LeShoure, Mikel
Lewis, Dion
Lindsey, Korey
Linnenkohl, Alex
Little, Greg
Liuget, Corey
Locke, Derrick
Locker, Jake
Lockette, Ricardo
Love, DeMarcus
Mallett, Ryan
Marecic, Owen
Marsh, Curtis
Matthews, Casey
Matthews, Cliff
McCarthy, Colin
McClain, Terrell
McDaniel, Deandre
McElroy, Greg
McKnight, Scotty
McPhee, Pernell
Miller, Bruce
Miller, Von
Mims, David
Moch, Dontay
Moffitt, John
Mohamed Mike
Moore, Denarius
Moore, Rahim
Moten, Adrian
Murray, DeMarco
Neild, Chris
Nevis, Drake
Newton, Cameron
Newton, Derek
O'Dowd, Kris
Ozougwu, Cheta
Paea, Stephen
Parker, Martin
Patrick, Johnny
Paul, Niles
Person, Mike
Peterson, Patrick
Pettis, Austin
Pinkston, Jason
Ponder, Christian
Porter, Curt
Pouncey, Mike
Powe, Jerrell
Powell, Bilal
Quinn, Robert
Rackley, Will
Reed, Brooks
Reed, D'Aundre
Reid, Jah
Ridley, Stevan
Robinson, Aldrick
Rodgers, Jacquizz
Rogers, Justin
Rolle, Brian
Romeus, Greg
Royster, Evan
Rucker, Chris
Rudolph, Kyle
Salas, Greg
Sampson, DeMarco
Sands, Robert
Sanzenbacher, Dane
Sash, Tyler
Schilling, Steven
Scott, Da'rell
Searcy, Da'Norris
Sheard, Jabaal
Sheppard, Kelvin
Sherman, Anthony
Sherman, Richard
Sherrod, Derek
Shorts, Cecil
Skrine, Buster
Smith, Aldon
Smith, Jimmy
Smith, Torrey
Smith, Tyron
Smith, Willie
Solder, Nate
Stanzi, Ricky
Stingily, Byron
Stocker, Luke
Sturdivant, Quan
Tarrant, Jerrard
Taylor, Phil
Taylor, Tyrod
Taylor, Zane
Thomas, Daniel
Thomas, Josh
Thomas, Julius
Thornton, Cedric
Todman, Jordan
Toliver, Terrance
Van Dyke, DeMarcus
Vereen, Shane
Watkins, Danny
Watt, J.J.
Whalen, Ryan
White, Chris
Wilkerson, Muhammad
Williams, Aaron
Williams, D.J.
Williams, Deunta
Williams, Keith
Williams, Ryan
Wilson, Martez
Williams, Ian
Wilson, Lawrence
Winterswyk, Ryan
Wisniewski, Stefen
Wright, K.J.
Wright, Shareece
Young, Titus
Ziemba, Lee

JCMElway
02-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Ludo and I have traded Dallas' 1st and 4th round picks to Atlanta (Zona) for their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round picks.

BowlenBall
02-28-2011, 11:49 AM
So... when are we kicking this thing off?

EDIT:
Ah... just checked the other thread -- March 2nd.

It's like waiting for Christmas....

anton
02-28-2011, 11:57 PM
So who does KC want 1st overall?

OBF1
03-01-2011, 12:36 AM

They want to trade down and aquire more picks ROFL!

JCMElway
03-01-2011, 12:35 PM
18 hours until we get started!

JCMElway
03-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Carmello may choose now if he so wishes. His official time to be OTC is 8 AM EST. Every pick time is 12 hours, until we get to rounds5, 6, and 7. At that point the clock is 6 hours long.

brncs_fan
03-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Getting pumped!

NFLBRONCO
03-01-2011, 09:48 PM

PETERSON

ZONA
03-02-2011, 01:02 AM
So how are we going to do the comp picks?

Rohirrim
03-02-2011, 07:41 AM
So, Carmelo is going to take up the whole 12 hours to make the first pick? Ha!

JCMElway
03-02-2011, 07:57 AM
So how are we going to do the comp picks?

We do the comp picks the same way as in previous years. Once we hit the end of the third round, if the comp picks have not been announced, we will pause the draft and wait for them to be announced. Once announced, we will continue the draft immediately.

JCMElway
03-02-2011, 08:07 AM
Oh, one more thing. When you make your selection please list the time you made the selection and the time zone that you are in. That will allow us to know when our 12 hour clock starts for each pick.

And if you want to notify the person behind you that they are on the clock, that woulod be great as well.

meangene
03-02-2011, 08:09 AM

After trading his whole draft to make the pick... :kiddingme

JCMElway
03-02-2011, 08:10 AM

Yeah, I think he's trying to move down again after moving up with all his draft picks. The only problem I see with that strategy this year is that there isn't a franchise QB worth the #1 pick that anybody would be willing to move up for. There is a lot of value in picks 3-12 or so and I don't see anyone being that willing to move up this year.

Mediator12
03-02-2011, 09:37 AM
JCMElway, the comp picks may not happen this year. There is no CBA, the Lockout could stop Comp picks from ocurring as the league will not allow business outside the draft to occur. Those picks have not been released or determined until after the owners meetings in March. I am not sure they will occur this year at all, they may get tabled, or worse.

BowlenBall
03-02-2011, 09:43 AM
JCMElway, the comp picks may not happen this year. There is no CBA, the Lockout could stop Comp picks from ocurring as the league will not allow business outside the draft to occur. Those picks have not been released or determined until after the owners meetings in March. I am not sure they will occur this year at all, they may get tabled, or worse.

Wow -- that sucks. Wouldn't that take 32 picks off the regular 255?

Drek
03-02-2011, 09:45 AM

Only a benefit to the Broncos if that should happen. Absolutely no way we'd receive any comp picks so this only increases the potential value of our picks.

Drek
03-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah, I think he's trying to move down again after moving up with all his draft picks. The only problem I see with that strategy this year is that there isn't a franchise QB worth the #1 pick that anybody would be willing to move up for. There is a lot of value in picks 3-12 or so and I don't see anyone being that willing to move up this year.

What possibly made him think that strategy would work? I basically couldn't even give the #1 pick away last year.

JCMElway
03-02-2011, 09:50 AM

In that case we would simply ignore the comp picks and keep the draft rolling.

Rohirrim
03-02-2011, 09:59 AM
By this time last year, I think we had already knocked down the top ten. :pity:

JCMElway
03-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Well, Carmelo has been notified he's OTC, and he has until 8 PM to make his pick. It beats the earlier days of the OMMD when the first round was a 24 hour window!

OBF1
03-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Denver is about ready to make their pick :)

Mediator12
03-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Wow, nothing like trading up to number one and then going on vacation ;D Oh well, it just gives me longer to tweak my board!

NFLBRONCO
03-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Can't we just say Peterson and get this party started :)

iforgotmypassword
03-02-2011, 11:40 AM
c'mon c'mon c'mon

NFLBRONCO
03-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Miami offering the 15th pick for anyone interested in moving up

JCMElway
03-02-2011, 11:42 AM
You can all yell at Carmelo when he gets online, mmkay?

BowlenBall
03-02-2011, 11:50 AM
CCCCAAAAARRRRRMMMMMMEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Rohirrim
03-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Pathetic. :oyvey:

JCMElway
03-02-2011, 12:02 PM
CCCCAAAAARRRRRMMMMMMEEEEEELLLLLLOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Hey!!!! He's not online yet, is he? Wait for it.....

Rohirrim
03-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Five hours and the little cork swaggler can't make his ****ing pick? :cuss:

Carmelo15
03-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Sorry guys had some problems getting to a computer...pick coming in 5 minutes!

OBF1
03-02-2011, 02:31 PM
I know who Denver is picking :)

NFLBRONCO
03-02-2011, 02:52 PM
cam newton

Rohirrim
03-02-2011, 02:55 PM
The Bills will be open to trade offers, but they'd better be convincing. ;D

OBF1
03-02-2011, 02:57 PM
cam newton

Man you are good... Who told you???

NFLBRONCO
03-02-2011, 04:26 PM

my cracked crystal ball :rofl:

JCMElway
03-02-2011, 04:41 PM
So, what do we think of Peterson as #1 overall? I would hate to see the Chiefs have him....

Broncos are OTC until 5:55 AM EST

Mediator12
03-02-2011, 04:51 PM
So, what do we think of Peterson as #1 overall? I would hate to see the Chiefs have him....

He would be a nightmare and upgrade a team that was not as good against the pass as people think. Now that teams have tape on them, they got exposed late in the year and against good offenses. Still does not help their pathetic run defense and I would rather he go to a heavy zone team than a press man team. Their secondary is not that good in man coverage so while he will be a great addition, they will have to play more cover 3 man principle stuff to make use of his skills than they did this year.

Much happier they blew their wad on one player, than tried to get better throught the whole draft ;D

Mediator12
03-02-2011, 04:51 PM

Alright, are you going to draft or what ;D

Rohirrim
03-02-2011, 05:07 PM

Broncos are OTC until 5:55 AM EST

I would be more concerned if KC traded up and took Fairley or Dareus, or even AJ. PP? meh
Just run the ball.

OBF1
03-02-2011, 05:32 PM
To be honest our choice at #2 was going to be Peterson... the logic behind it was to pair Peterson with Champ giving us the top CB pair in the league. There are plenty of excellent DL prospects that are going to be available in the 2nd round.

I am waiting for Philbacka to make our pick as he is the original one to sign up for the mock.

Mediator12
03-02-2011, 05:47 PM
For any late comers, I would love a co-GM for this draft. I am currently conducting interviews....

JCMElway
03-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Solid pick, CB/phib.

JCMElway
03-02-2011, 06:23 PM
OK, I'm signing of for the night, guys. Eddie, Expat, it's all you till about 8 AM EST.

OBF1
03-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Solid pick, CB/phib.

Even though we had Peterson as 1a, Dareus was basically the same grade for us. Dareus is going to be a stud as well. Denver can not go wrong with either player at #2

BowlenBall
03-02-2011, 08:46 PM
For the last few days, I've been warming up to the idea of taking Dareus with #2, even if Fairley or Bowers is available -- nice pick, Denver, and at the position of greatest need IMHO.

NFLBRONCO
03-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Even though we had Peterson as 1a, Dareus was basically the same grade for us. Dareus is going to be a stud as well. Denver can not go wrong with either player at #2

Nicely done

anton
03-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Is BUF running a 3-4 or 4-3? They seem to change every year. I dont like Fairley in a 3-4.

Carmelo15
03-02-2011, 09:59 PM
dont like Fairley in a 3-4.

This

BowlenBall
03-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Yep... if you're running a 3-4, there are four or five prospects who are better fits later in the first round than Fairley. However, in a 4-3, he could be a pretty devastating DT.

Mediator12
03-03-2011, 06:43 AM
I agree with the 3-4 comments. Fairley is NOT a two gap player or a 3-4 DL. Miller would have been a better fit for a 3-4 there. So, can we get this thing rolling today or am I going to have to wait til SUN to pick ;D

Rohirrim
03-03-2011, 06:53 AM
Is BUF running a 3-4 or 4-3? They seem to change every year. I dont like Fairley in a 3-4.

From what Chan Gailey says, he's going to run multiple fronts and besides, like he said, he would never pass on a great player just because "...he doesn't fit my scheme perfectly." The Bills pass rush totally sucks and killed their secondary last year (sound familiar?). If Fairley is there, Nix and Gailey will take him. As far as 3-4 vs 4-3, Fairley played all over the line. The idea that he can't play in both is merely message board perfectionism, not real football.

PS: Not to mention, I consider Fairley the best defensive player in this draft, so by BPA concepts, I'm not passing on him.

BowlenBall
03-03-2011, 08:23 AM
From what Chan Gailey says, he's going to run multiple fronts and besides, like he said, he would never pass on a great player just because "...he doesn't fit my scheme perfectly." The Bills pass rush totally sucks and killed their secondary last year (sound familiar?). If Fairley is there, Nix and Gailey will take him. As far as 3-4 vs 4-3, Fairley played all over the line. The idea that he can't play in both is merely message board perfectionism, not real football.

PS: Not to mention, I consider Fairley the best defensive player in this draft, so by BPA concepts, I'm not passing on him.

All true -- not bagging on the player or the pick at all, just commenting with an eye to the real draft. I think that if we pick Fairley, that'll be a sign that we're really committing to a base 4-3.

Kaylore
03-03-2011, 09:10 AM
I'm surprised by this pick. I think they are committed to a 3-4 and I don't think Fairley fits this very well. If buffalo wants to run a 3-4, it's not a great fit for the team or player. I guess they were only 24th last year though, so they can change to a 4-3 for Fairley since it's not like they'd be blowing up some kind of Steel Curtain defense or anything.

Rohirrim
03-03-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm surprised by this pick. I think they are committed to a 3-4 and I don't think Fairley fits this very well. If buffalo wants to run a 3-4, it's not a great fit for the team or player. I guess they were only 24th last year though, so they can change to a 4-3 for Fairley since it's not like they'd be blowing up some kind of Steel Curtain defense or anything.

The Buffs weak stab at a 3-4 last year was a disaster. Gailey says he is going to play multiple fronts now, but then brought in his old buddy, Dave Wannstedt, who is a 4-3 guru. George Edwards put together the crappy 3-4 try last year and I'm guessing Wannstedt will edge him out at DC at some point. I mean, who thinks Gailey is going to keep Wannstedt as the ILB coach? Really, when it comes right down to it, the Bills can design a defense based on what is available to them in the draft. Right now, they're just sitting on the fence, and at the bottom in defense, anyway. They have a roster made up pieces of both configurations.

My philosophy with the Bills is that they are in such bad shape that it's a three year job anyway. Fitzpatrick played well enough to get another year at QB (3,000 yards, 23 TDs). They should go for Luck or Barkley next year and spend this year trying to build up some defense and some Oline run support for CJ so they can at least have a somewhat respectable season.

JCMElway
03-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Hey all,

Well looks like we've hit a snag already. ICON hasn't been into the Mane since Feb 15th. May I get a volunteer from the co-GMs to jump ship and draft for Tennessee? I am pausing the draft to deal with this since it's so early.

Rohirrim
03-03-2011, 09:52 AM
I say we do it by committee. I nominate Blaine Gabbert as the choice.

eddie mac
03-03-2011, 09:53 AM
No, I've pm'ed my Co-GM Broncoman13 to see if he wants to take on the Titans. Hopefully he'll let us know soon.

JCMElway
03-03-2011, 10:02 AM
If it was the 2nd round or something I might do committee, but this is going to largely shape the draft board. I'll find a replacement.

JCMElway
03-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Broncoman4ever is stepping in for the Titans. Game on!

Carmelo15
03-03-2011, 10:27 AM
How are you gonna trade up to #4 and then not log on in 3 weeks?

JCMElway
03-03-2011, 10:29 AM
I just hope nothing's going on with ICON. I looked on his profile and his last activity was Feb 15th. If he gets back in here he will be co-GM with Broncoman4ever.

JCMElway
03-03-2011, 10:32 AM
All this being said folks, if you know you are not going to be around a PC and your pick is close please send a priority list to expatfan, Eddie Mac, or myself. Let's keep this thing going!

JCMElway
03-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Thereverend is OTC at 12:35 EST

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Was really hoping the top 4 shook out a little different. I had to take Von Miller and I'm already having Vernon Gholston nightmares.

meangene
03-03-2011, 10:54 AM
No way! Miller is going to be an instant impact player.

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 10:56 AM
No way! Miller is going to be an instant impact player.

He CAN be... and for that depleted/untalented/oldas**** LB corps, he's needed.

I don't love it though. There are THREE players that I had hoped would get drafted in the top 4 that did not that would push one of "my boys" to #5... oh well.

BroncoMan4ever
03-03-2011, 11:05 AM
Was really hoping the top 4 shook out a little different. I had to take Von Miller and I'm already having Vernon Gholston nightmares.

i weighed taking Newton and Miller, but when it came down to it, had to take the best QB in the draft.

meangene
03-03-2011, 11:06 AM
He CAN be... and for that depleted/untalented/oldas**** LB corps, he's needed.

I don't love it though. There are THREE players that I had hoped would get drafted in the top 4 that did not that would push one of "my boys" to #5... oh well.

Look back at this draft after next season (if we have one) and you will be glad you had to pick him.

Rohirrim
03-03-2011, 11:16 AM
i weighed taking Newton and Miller, but when it came down to it, had to take the best QB in the draft.

Yeah, I doubt Bud wants to take a shot on Cam after the VY debacle. ;D

Mediator12
03-03-2011, 11:24 AM

So, you wanted Peterson and who? Plus, Miller is a lot more versatile than Gholston ever was. I like him for ARI's 3-4.

Now, let's pick up the speed people!

BroncoMan4ever
03-03-2011, 11:35 AM
So, you wanted Peterson and who? Plus, Miller is a lot more versatile than Gholston ever was. I like him for ARI's 3-4.

i'm betting he wanted Gabbert

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 11:36 AM
Look back at this draft after next season (if we have one) and you will be glad you had to pick him.

There have been MANY a hyper athletic pass rusher that people looked this way at and never produced.

I love Dareus too. He's obviously no Suh, but I think he'll be a good-very good player in any scheme. I don't think he'll have close to the total defensive unit impact that Peterson WILL, though. I, PERSONALLY, would've strongly considered Gabbert there too.

BroncoMan4ever
03-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I doubt Bud wants to take a shot on Cam after the VY debacle. ;D

yeah, rarely works when you draft a guy with the intention of using him for marketing instead of whether he will be any good in the pros.

they learned their mistake before, and now i would imagine they take the best QB available instead of the one who will be more marketable to start their careers.

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 11:37 AM
i'm betting he wanted Gabbert

Lukewarm.

BroncoMan4ever
03-03-2011, 11:42 AM
There have been MANY a hyper athletic pass rusher that people looked this way at and never produced.

I love Dareus too. He's obviously no Suh, but I think he'll be a good-very good player in any scheme. I don't think he'll have close to the total defensive unit impact that Peterson WILL, though. I, PERSONALLY, would've strongly considered Gabbert there too.

i look at Peterson and Dareus the complete opposite way.

if Dareus is good, and i am not even talking like HOF potential good, just a good NFL DL, he has to noticed and taken care of by the offense every time he sets foot on the field. his position directly impacts the play of the rest of the defense. if he can occasionally require double teams, it opens up Doom to rush the QB in more 1 on 1 situations or against a RB which is a mismatch and a good thing for Doom. if he can clog running lanes it opens up the LB corps to make plays on the ball carrier.

if Peterson is a Champ Bailey in his prime clone, it doesn't have as great of an impact as a just good DL would. simply because as we have seen since Champ got to Denver, you can avoid a Corner and make him a complete non-factor on the field.

meangene
03-03-2011, 11:46 AM

Not many with his athleticism and production. Many of those failures were guys who were workout warriors (Gholsten) or who lacked the athleticism to produce at the next level. This kid just jumps out at you in terms of athleticism AND production. And, he was up to 246 lbs. at the combine. I don't care what you think, I really like your pick. Ha!

JCMElway
03-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Southstnd is OTC at 1:20 PM EST

ZONA
03-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Nice pick Rev and I think a good smart decision. I think Skelton has showed enough in his very limited time that he's worth giving a full year to see what he can do. He's a big strong kid who can make all the throws and I think the Cards do give him the reigns next year and roll with him. They need to find out what they got. Picking up Miller not only gets them the BPA but fills a huge need for them.

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Not many with his athleticism and production. Many of those failures were guys who were workout warriors (Gholsten) or who lacked the athleticism to produce at the next level. This kid just jumps out at you in terms of athleticism AND production. And, he was up to 246 lbs. at the combine. I don't care what you think, I really like your pick. Ha!

Ummm Gholston was VERY productive in college and is crazy athletic...

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Nice pick Rev and I think a good smart decision. I think Skelton has showed enough in his very limited time that he's worth giving a full year to see what he can do. He's a big strong kid who can make all the throws and I think the Cards do give him the reigns next year and roll with him. They need to find out what they got. Picking up Miller not only gets them the BPA but fills a huge need for them.

I got 6 more rounds to dump Skelton bro. :wiggle:

Mediator12
03-03-2011, 12:17 PM

Yeah, we are on the same page there. I think Dareus helps a lot more in first and second downs than Peterson at the next level though which helps the whole defense IMHO. As for Gabbert, I am scared of QB that early with that type of resume. I THINK he has the skills, but I want more than projection that early.

meangene
03-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Ummm Gholston was VERY productive in college and is crazy athletic...

Gholston had to make the transition from being strictly a DE in college. Miller, even though he played largely with his hand on the ground, did so from a LB position and has more experience dropping into coverage. There are busts at every position - I don't see a high bust factor with Miller at all. I equate him more to DeMarcus Ware than Gholston.

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Yeah, we are on the same page there. I think Dareus helps a lot more in first and second downs than Peterson at the next level though which helps the whole defense IMHO. As for Gabbert, I am scared of QB that early with that type of resume. I THINK he has the skills, but I want more than projection that early.

We talk about the DBs every year. Every year I hate all the prospects for at least one reason. Literally the ONLY criticism I can put forward on Peterson is the occasional false step in his breaks that he makes up for with his speed and explosion.

This guy is gonna be SO special. He'll allow any team he joins to stack the box. You put him opposite another great corner (likely options: Champ, Leon Hall, DRC) and you shut down rushing attacks through stacked boxes (I know, stacked box susceptible to long runs through broken tackles). It's gonna be beautiful to watch. Especially if that opposing corner is similarly good in reading run and making the tackle (Champ, DRC)... now you've almost got a 46 look without even calling it!

I do love Dareus... but Peterson is THE guy this draft. Hands down.

Mediator12
03-03-2011, 12:42 PM
We talk about the DBs every year. Every year I hate all the prospects for at least one reason. Literally the ONLY criticism I can put forward on Peterson is the occasional false step in his breaks that he makes up for with his speed and explosion.

This guy is gonna be SO special. He'll allow any team he joins to stack the box. You put him opposite another great corner (likely options: Champ, Leon Hall, DRC) and you shut down rushing attacks through stacked boxes (I know, stacked box susceptible to long runs through broken tackles). It's gonna be beautiful to watch. Especially if that opposing corner is similarly good in reading run and making the tackle (Champ, DRC)... now you've almost got a 46 look without even calling it!

I do love Dareus... but Peterson is THE guy this draft. Hands down.

If we were playing defenses that ran the ball on first down out of 21 personnel then I would agree wholeheartedly ;D However, the teams that are scary have 4 options, not 2 on every passing play and typically play out of at least 11 personnel with a TE who really is a big Seam WR. If offenses were not going to so much of a spread look, I would agree. However, DB is a depth position now. You have to have dime backs who can play in the slot and restrict the 4 verticals and other things while maintaining gap integrity. Having 2 Elite CB's does not help the way it once did in this new offensive era.

Peterson is special, but he does have a poorly taught timing step in his breaks like you said. He got away with that in college, but it was evident at the combine in his breaks and it will have to be eliminated at the next level as QB's fit the ball in much tighter windows and with better timing. I think he will be a complete CB like you said, but I just can not see justifying him as the #2 overall pick.

Mediator12
03-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Nice pick SSJ. No way he makes it that far for real, but that is waht makes this Fun!

SouthStndJunkie
03-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Nice pick SSJ. No way he makes it that far for real, but that is waht makes this Fun!

I agree....no way he falls to 6 in the real draft, but my fictional Brownies are happy nonetheless.

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 02:05 PM
If we were playing defenses that ran the ball on first down out of 21 personnel then I would agree wholeheartedly ;D However, the teams that are scary have 4 options, not 2 on every passing play and typically play out of at least 11 personnel with a TE who really is a big Seam WR. If offenses were not going to so much of a spread look, I would agree. However, DB is a depth position now. You have to have dime backs who can play in the slot and restrict the 4 verticals and other things while maintaining gap integrity. Having 2 Elite CB's does not help the way it once did in this new offensive era.

Peterson is special, but he does have a poorly taught timing step in his breaks like you said. He got away with that in college, but it was evident at the combine in his breaks and it will have to be eliminated at the next level as QB's fit the ball in much tighter windows and with better timing. I think he will be a complete CB like you said, but I just can not see justifying him as the #2 overall pick.

Ill respond more later, currently on the treadmill post workout. Stacked boxes don't really have a seam to be exploited. Generally after reading pass the box safety (if not blitzing) will be sitting right in that zone. Hb release woukd prob be wide open though, esp considering den lb's mental capacityi

NFLBRONCO
03-03-2011, 02:16 PM
I agree....no way he falls to 6 in the real draft, but my fictional Brownies are happy nonetheless.

no doubt

JCMElway
03-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Zona is OTC at 3:26 PM EST

If anyone has a prize player that has fallen, contact Zona. He is looking to trade down.

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 03:07 PM

Indeed. He was 1 of 3 that I was expecting to be in the top 4 and potentially push Peterson to me :) I thought about him for a bit, but there's no way I could justify trying to crowbar him into AZ's 3-4 with the best (imo) 3-4 DE in the NFL in DD and Campbell playing solidly when the LB corps is atrocious and Von Miller still on the board.

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Apologies JCM, I have a history of loving your drafts, but I'm not big on the Fresh Prince of Nebraska.

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 03:41 PM

Edit your post. Not supposed to name drop.

Carmelo15
03-03-2011, 03:44 PM
My fault

Mediator12
03-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Zona is OTC at 3:26 PM EST

If anyone has a prize player that has fallen, contact Zona. He is looking to trade down.

Great, that means no picks til tomorrow :spit:

jebures
03-03-2011, 04:19 PM
trade has been made between jags and falcons, waiting for jmcelway to approve

JCMElway
03-03-2011, 04:43 PM
It's approved, do your thing!

JCMElway
03-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Edit your post. Not supposed to name drop.

He showed very well at the combine and cb is a huge need for SF. Gabbert was really the only QB we considered with #7. I am not unhappy at all with our pick of Prince here, although I did toy seriously with the notion of trading 1 pick up to get Bowers.

What's not to like about the Prince, Rev?

JCMElway
03-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Great trade up by Jebures, great value for Green at #9. Well done.

Kaylore and I had the discussion of BPA (Green) vs. Greatest team need (CB, Amukamara)and we went with need because we were fairly comfortable with San Fran's WRs.

Randomtask/Schaaf are OTC at 6:55 PM EST

TheReverend
03-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Indeed. Well done Jebures

JCMElway
03-03-2011, 06:05 PM
We reeled off quite a few there, and now we wait again.....

Good draft so far!

jebures
03-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Indeed. Well done Jebures

There was no one I really wanted at the 16 spot and wanted to trade down until I saw Green was still available and got a good deal. Green with Sims-Walker (if re-signed) and mike thomas in the slot is a stud WR group, add in Marcedes Lewis and Garrard has no more excuses.

Mediator12
03-03-2011, 06:23 PM
There was no one I really wanted at the 16 spot and wanted to trade down until I saw Green was still available and got a good deal. Green with Sims-Walker (if re-signed) and mike thomas in the slot is a stud WR group, add in Marcedes Lewis and Garrard has no more excuses.

Except he is Garrard :welcome:

The Colts do not approve of this trade and are going to lock out the rest of the draft ;D

Carmelo15
03-03-2011, 06:25 PM
What was the trade between Atlanta and Jacksonville?

ZONA
03-03-2011, 06:31 PM
What was the trade between Atlanta and Jacksonville?

#16, #80

Carmelo15
03-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Great trade for Jacksonville. Who were you targeting at 9 ZONA?

Mediator12
03-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Great trade for Jacksonville. Who were you targeting at 9 ZONA?

Dude, no name dropping :welcome: Especially early in the first round!

schaaf
03-03-2011, 08:21 PM
anton what are you willing to give up

anton
03-03-2011, 08:56 PM
I PM'd you my offer . edit- make that high 5th, my regular 5th.

JCMElway, theres a mistake in the 5th round. I dont have a high 5th, it should be KCs.

Carmelo15
03-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Nice foresight jebures...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/jaguars-bring-back-jason-hill-say-so-long-to-mike-sims-walker/

Sims-Walker is done in Jacksonville

anton
03-03-2011, 09:19 PM
WOW. MSW is gonna get paid in FA if he checks out medically.

jebures
03-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Nice foresight jebures...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/jaguars-bring-back-jason-hill-say-so-long-to-mike-sims-walker/

Sims-Walker is done in Jacksonville

well that worked out well

Killericon
03-03-2011, 10:01 PM
Green was an outstanding move.

ZONA
03-03-2011, 10:37 PM
I didn't feel like taking the chance on a WR at #9. I just think the league is becoming more of a passing league and you need more then 1 great WR so I'd rather pay 2 or 3 quality WR's then pay big money to just 1, not to mention WR's in the top 10 often bust. Atlanta already has a good offense so I'm trying to upgrade defense. Atlanta isn't trying to rebuild so I didn't want to go the route of having alot of middle and late round picks. I wanted to get in the top 10 to land a lagit impact player but didn't like what I saw for value at #9 so I figured why not jump back a few spots and pick me up a mid round 3rd. I thought both my trades were fair and worked out for both parties.

Dumped:

Picked up:

Dumped:

Picked up:

Net result

plus my 7th

anton
03-03-2011, 11:22 PM
i think you missed out on an elite prospect at a position of huge need for the falcons (not a WR).

Killericon
03-04-2011, 12:14 AM
I didn't feel like taking the chance on a WR at #9. I just think the league is becoming more of a passing league and you need more then 1 great WR so I'd rather pay 2 or 3 quality WR's then pay big money to just 1, not to mention WR's in the top 10 often bust. Atlanta already has a good offense so I'm trying to upgrade defense. Atlanta isn't trying to rebuild so I didn't want to go the route of having alot of middle and late round picks. I wanted to get in the top 10 to land a lagit impact player but didn't like what I saw for value at #9 so I figured why not jump back a few spots and pick me up a mid round 3rd. I thought both my trades were fair and worked out for both parties.

I agree, but it was a great move for the Jags. Just cause I think that doesn't mean I think you got ripped off. Not saying he got great value in the trade, it was fair value, just a very smart thing to do.

BroncoMan4ever
03-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Green was an outstanding move.

i truly believe that whoever picks Green if they pick him over Julio Jones will be kicking themselves a few years from now. Same way we kick ourselves on the we could have had Ed Reed instead of Lelie situation.

i just see Jones turning into an absolute beast in the NFL.

jebures
03-04-2011, 01:08 AM
i truly believe that whoever picks Green if they pick him over Julio Jones will be kicking themselves a few years from now. Same way we kick ourselves on the we could have had Ed Reed instead of Lelie situation.

i just see Jones turning into an absolute beast in the NFL.

Trust me I considered Julio here too, but his injured foot scared me. He could have DeMaryius syndrome.

Broncoman13
03-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Robert Quinn was a great pick. Kid is an outstanding football player. His combine numbers weren't jaw dropping which is why he isn't a household name at this point. But he will get more and more explosive over the next couple of years and he is very natural with his body lean and ability to get low around the edge. I think he is actually a low 4.6/high 4.5 speed rusher. Very nice job by TB landing him at 10, really took advantage of your trade partner!!!

JCMElway
03-04-2011, 08:14 AM
I agree, but it was a great move for the Jags. Just cause I think that doesn't mean I think you got ripped off. Not saying he got great value in the trade, it was fair value, just a very smart thing to do.

+1

JCMElway
03-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Robert Quinn was a great pick. Kid is an outstanding football player. His combine numbers weren't jaw dropping which is why he isn't a household name at this point. But he will get more and more explosive over the next couple of years and he is very natural with his body lean and ability to get low around the edge. I think he is actually a low 4.6/high 4.5 speed rusher. Very nice job by TB landing him at 10, really took advantage of your trade partner!!!

I wouldn't say he took advantage. Picking up a third and fifth is decent value. It's very hard to find good value trading down in these mocks.

JCMElway
03-04-2011, 08:17 AM
24champ and the Texans are OTC at 6:10 AM CST.

JCMElway
03-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Remember folks, I have an alphabetical list of players taken on the first post of this thread.

Mediator12
03-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Come on 24Champ, you can do it!

24champ
03-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Come on 24Champ, you can do it!

Waiting on a couple offers...so sit tight.

OBF1
03-04-2011, 12:43 PM
offers nothing... Make the pick brother before I stop by your house and make it for you :)

jebures
03-04-2011, 03:05 PM
is it just me or this year's mock going agonizingly slow?

OBF1
03-04-2011, 03:21 PM
too damn slow. time is about up on this pick

JCMElway
03-04-2011, 03:24 PM
24champ has 39 minutes to get a deal done or select. Sodak has been advised......

24champ
03-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Pick is coming shortly.

OBF1
03-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Good pick for Houston. Playing along side Mario Williams will make hom even better I think.

Broncoman13
03-04-2011, 06:27 PM
That was a no brainer pick... only a douchetard would've considered a trade with Watt on the board for a 3-4 team in need of DL. Way to take forever Jeff.

Broncoman13
03-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Good pick for Houston. Playing along side Mario Williams will make hom even better I think.

Texans are going to trade Mario Williams to the Broncos for Doom! ;D

OBF1
03-04-2011, 06:39 PM
Texans are going to trade Mario Williams to the Broncos for Doom! ;D

Works for me ROFL!

SoDak Bronco
03-04-2011, 06:40 PM
My pick is on the way....just got home from being on the road..nice picking so far fellas

Killericon
03-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Woo-hoo! My guy was there. No-Brainer, IMO. Top-rated OT gets to play behind Backus for a year and then protect one of the most fragile yet gifted QBs in the league.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K3HKsYCCXGk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3YK50adKy-Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tyron Smith (http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/players/38277/tyron-smith)
6'5, 307 pounds | Offensive tackle | Southern California

Agility: Because of his athleticism, Smith can slide his feet with ease. He appears very loose in the hips and has no problem changing direction. Knows how to use his agility to slide, adjust and reposition to stay in front of defenders. Shows good flexibility to absorb a defender's power move and continue working.

Movement: Is a top athlete for an offensive tackle. Moves around with ease and doesn't get ahead of his feet. Used in the second level blocking on screens. Gets to the second level fine but doesn't locate defenders especially well. Will often whiff. Still, Smith has shown hustle and usually finds another way to help block down field.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/images/blog/star-divide.v777cf8a.jpg
Pass blocking: Gets a good base in pass protection. Has long arms but has an inconsistent extension. Has a very good kick slide to the right. Smith doesn't get too wide but he maintains his area because he has quick feet. As Smith gets stronger, he'll more easily handle power rushers. Against speed rushers, Smith does really well when he can continue riding them to the outside.

Quickness: Very good quickness off the snap. Plays out of a two-point stance. That combined with his quickness helps Smith get in position faster than defenders. Uses his foot speed to mirror defenders.

Run blocking: As a junior, has played in a zone blocking scheme at USC. Because of that, he's not had to drive block much. But judging by his frame, Smith should get stronger in his lower body to anchor. Even though he comes out of his stance high, Smith typically keeps his pads low. Doesn't have the best initial hand punch. Can be inconsistent where he drives into a defender.

Strength: This is where Smith needs to get better. He's bulked up 20 pounds since entering college but needs to continue adding strength throughout his frame. When he's asked to drive block in the run game, he'll struggle moving defensive linemen around. Still, Smith gives very good effort and it takes a lot for a defender to beat him purely with a bull rush.

Technique: The biggest technical flaw on Smith is his hand placement. Smith's hand speed is fine but he doesn't always get proper placement. Where he needs to improve is extending his arms. Too often Smith lets defenders get into his frame and push him around. Footwork is technically correct and rarely makes a misstep.

Final word: Smith is starting to gain a lot of attention as an offensive tackle prospect. He's an easy player to fall in love with. He has a long, lean frame and is athletic. Smith gets out on the move as well as any offensive tackle you'll see and is loaded with potential.

However, Smith is only in his second year as a starter. He's only been a reserve as a left tackle and spent more time on the right side. He's up to about 280 pounds and came out of high school at 265. His power and weight gain has been impressive, but he'll need to add at least 10 more pounds.

As he is right now, Smith would likely find himself in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He'd likely have to start his career backing up unless a zone blocking team picked him. But if he wants to maximize his draft stock, Smith would be wise to return for his senior season. That way he can continue to get stronger, maybe move to the left side and probably get picked in the top ten in 2012.

Smith is taking some heat right now, and to some he appears to be a combine show-off, but soming out of USC and getting a year to play behind Backus will really translate on the field. I think the Lions get their franchise tackle here.

JCMElway
03-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Solid, solid pick by the Lions. I have been STUNNED that they did not invest in blind side protection for Stafford the last two years. This pick has been a long time coming. They best hope that Staffy isn't too broken to take advantage of it.

And no way he plays behind Backus. None. Backus has been a swinging door way too long. He'll probably get moved to gaurd, and Tyron gets throw to Jared Allen, Julius Peppers, and Cullen Jenkins. Tough way to break him in, but it's that bad at OT for the Kitties.

Cmac821
03-04-2011, 07:26 PM
you guys are selecting a lot of DE, is that how the draft is gonna go?

BroncoMan4ever
03-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Trust me I considered Julio here too, but his injured foot scared me. He could have DeMaryius syndrome.

did you see what that kid could do on 1 foot though. i wish i could see him do a re-do of the combine when his foot heals.

Killericon
03-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Solid, solid pick by the Lions. I have been STUNNED that they did not invest in blind side protection for Stafford the last two years. This pick has been a long time coming. They best hope that Staffy isn't too broken to take advantage of it.

And no way he plays behind Backus. None. Backus has been a swinging door way too long. He'll probably get moved to gaurd, and Tyron gets throw to Jared Allen, Julius Peppers, and Cullen Jenkins. Tough way to break him in, but it's that bad at OT for the Kitties.

Well, if not behind Backus, then someone. I think he's a little raw yet, but maybe you're right. Either way, I'm pretty happy with the pick.

JCMElway
03-04-2011, 07:29 PM
you guys are selecting a lot of DE, is that how the draft is gonna go?

Probably. There are a lot of top quality d-lineman in the draft, they don't last long....

JCMElway
03-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Drek is OTC at 9:20 PM.

NFLBRONCO
03-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Miami's 15th pick is up for trade PM both GM's if interested.

Drek
03-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Pick is in, Miami is up.

BowlenBall
03-04-2011, 09:22 PM
If everyone's going to use their full 12 hours to wait for trade proposals, then I suggest we move to a 6-hour time limit to make your picks.... gotta keep it moving, fellas!

NFLBRONCO
03-04-2011, 09:23 PM
I'll wait to see for trade offers

OBF1
03-04-2011, 09:32 PM
I'll wait to see for trade offers

Nobody wants the 15th pick, Just go ahead and make a pick. Your life is not depending on pulling off the trade of the century.

NFLBRONCO
03-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Nobody wants the 15th pick, Just go ahead and make a pick. Your life is not depending on pulling off the trade of the century.

why not I need picks

Drek
03-04-2011, 09:38 PM
If everyone's going to use their full 12 hours to wait for trade proposals, then I suggest we move to a 6-hour time limit to make your picks.... gotta keep it moving, fellas!

No one should be looking to just start shopping a pick while on the clock. Finalize a trade with someone you've already got the basics worked out with? Sure. Wait for the final word on someone away from their computer? Yep, I'm sure we all have more important things in our life than this. But asking for offers once you're actually on the clock will turn this thing into a quagmire faster than anything else.

If someone wants to move up they should be contacting a few people around where they think they want to be several picks in advance. Get a feel for what it'll cost you and agree to the move pending the target player or players still being there. Simple as that. You want to shop it make it known in advance that you're willing to move back several picks before you're up in the trade thread and see if you catch a response.

NFLBRONCO
03-04-2011, 09:41 PM
No one should be looking to just start shopping a pick while on the clock. Finalize a trade with someone you've already got the basics worked out with? Sure. Wait for the final word on someone away from their computer? Yep, I'm sure we all have more important things in our life than this. But asking for offers once you're actually on the clock will turn this thing into a quagmire faster than anything else.

If someone wants to move up they should be contacting a few people around where they think they want to be several picks in advance. Get a feel for what it'll cost you and agree to the move pending the target player or players still being there. Simple as that. You want to shop it make it known in advance that you're willing to move back several picks before you're up in the trade thread and see if you catch a response.

I asked right away for trade. I'll make a selection very soon

BowlenBall
03-04-2011, 09:47 PM

No worries -- and by the rules of the OM mock draft, you're completely within your rights to use all 12 hours. We'd just all appreciate it if you didn't....

NFLBRONCO
03-04-2011, 09:57 PM
No worries -- and by the rules of the OM mock draft, you're completely within your rights to use all 12 hours. We'd just all appreciate it if you didn't....

I rushed my pick but, I took

Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College

I wanted to trade down bad because no 2nd rounder

OBF1
03-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Castonzo is a solid tackle. Along with Long, Miami is set on the corners for a long time.

BowlenBall
03-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Great pick of Castonzo.... I was hoping against all reason that he'd drop to Pittsburgh at 31.

One of my favorite players in the draft -- the guy may not be an all-pro, but he'll play for 10 solid years, at a minimum.

JCMElway
03-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Zona is on the clock at 9:55 PM MST.

JCMElway
03-05-2011, 01:09 AM

This.

QFT.

JCMElway
03-05-2011, 01:11 AM
I'll name drop later, once the guy I'm thinking of gets picked. Real solid job by everyone so far!

Except Reverend doesn't like my first pick! :(

Drek
03-05-2011, 05:18 AM

You're well within your rights to use all 12 hours man, but honestly shopping a pick at 9:30 PM mountain time when your clock expires in 12 hours isn't going to give you good results. Its a Broncos forum and therefore it generally empties out quite a bit between ~midnight mountain time until about 8 the next morning. You'd have to find someone up for a trade either in those first ~2.5 hours or in the last hour of higher board activity and THEN you'd still have to be on and work a deal out with them.

Its not that you shouldn't feel entitled to your full 12 hour clock, but if you're looking to deal you've got to do it when you have realistic shot of getting a deal done. You never know when a couple picks are going to happen back to back putting you on the clock at an odd time.

Rohirrim
03-05-2011, 07:51 AM
Here I was thinking that Buffalo could trade up in a few picks to get one of the good OLBs. No such luck around here. ;D

jebures
03-05-2011, 09:36 AM
cameron jordan to the vikes is a head scratcher, I like the player but do not like the fit.

JCMElway
03-05-2011, 09:57 AM
cameron jordan to the vikes is a head scratcher, I like the player but do not like the fit.

Maybe BPA?

Requiem is OTC at 9:15 AM EST.

Mediator12
03-05-2011, 10:09 AM

Cameron Jordan is the PERFECT compliment to Jared Allen. Let him play LDE and Inside in the Nickel and you get better run defense early, and excellent pass rush from the Left side.

The player I do not get is Castonzo to MIA ??? They HAVE a franchise LT they drafted early in the first 2 years ago in Jake Long! Castonzo is not a mauler, he is a techician and does not really fit playing RT in a power scheme. That is a head scratcher to me!

BowlenBall
03-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Cameron Jordan is the PERFECT compliment to Jared Allen. Let him play LDE and Inside in the Nickel and you get better run defense early, and excellent pass rush from the Left side.

The player I do not get is Castonzo to MIA ??? They HAVE a franchise LT they drafted early in the first 2 years ago in Jake Long! Castonzo is not a mauler, he is a techician and does not really fit playing RT in a power scheme. That is a head scratcher to me!

Love the Cameron Jordan pick as well -- I think he's a top 5 talent in most years.

As for Castonzo -- 53 game starter at a college famous for its offensive linemen (Boston College), and blew away the combine as well. He's not a classic RT, but he's miles ahead of what they have now. Not a great fit, perhaps, but he is a great player.

brncs_fan
03-05-2011, 10:38 AM
My pick is almost up and only one player is gone off my board and I though he would be gone by now anyways.

Rohirrim
03-05-2011, 10:42 AM
I think Cameron Jordan is going to have a long and illustrious career in the NFL. He's already a great all around DE and will only improve.

Mediator12
03-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Love the Cameron Jordan pick as well -- I think he's a top 5 talent in most years.

As for Castonzo -- 53 game starter at a college famous for its offensive linemen (Boston College), and blew away the combine as well. He's not a classic RT, but he's miles ahead of what they have now. Not a great fit, perhaps, but he is a great player.

He is a great player, but Vernon Carey was Excellent last year. Their OG's were awful and none of their Tackles are OG's. It just does not fit investing that kind of money in OT's in a power running game with no OG's. To me, that is the definition of head scratcher.

It is a great pick value wise, but its like INDY taking a QB @ 22 to develop. Why ??? They already have a Franchise player for the next 4 years in that spot.

BowlenBall
03-05-2011, 10:54 AM
He is a great player, but Vernon Carey was Excellent last year. Their OG's were awful and none of their Tackles are OG's. It just does not fit investing that kind of money in OT's in a power running game with no OG's. To me, that is the definition of head scratcher.

It is a great pick value wise, but its like INDY taking a QB @ 22 to develop. Why ??? They already have a Franchise player for the next 4 years in that spot.

Hmmm... I hate to admit it, but you've convinced me -- there's no way that Miami will take an OT (Castonzo, Carimi, et al.) in the first round.

An interesting question, though... do you think Castonzo could possibly play the guard position? If not, why not?

Mediator12
03-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Hmmm... I hate to admit it, but you've convinced me -- there's no way that Miami will take an OT (Castonzo, Carimi, et al.) in the first round.

An interesting question, though... do you think Castonzo could possibly play the guard position? If not, why not?

Yeah, he could. The problem is its not HIS strength. He is a solid run blocker, but he is a technician not a mauler. MIA has an angle blocking system and a run based offense. HE fits a zone blocking pass heavy team. They need a QB, OG's, and maybe a RB as both Brown and Williams have not resigned with the team. Getting a highly valued pass blocking OT is not going to help their potent running attack.

eddie mac
03-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Thoughts on the Aldon Smith pick??? Broncoman13 and myself were all for going in an alternative direction a few hours before the selection but after watching some tape, looking at some info from analysts I trust and talking it over with a good Pats fan I know we thought the value was too good here. The few decent mocks I've seen recently have him going as high as 10 to Washington and although some have him as a pure 4-3 end we think he fits the Pats 3-4 OLB mold very well.

BowlenBall
03-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Thoughts on the Aldon Smith pick??? Broncoman13 and myself were all for going in an alternative direction a few hours before the selection but after watching some tape, looking at some info from analysts I trust and talking it over with a good Pats fan I know we thought the value was too good here. The few decent mocks I've seen recently have him going as high as 10 to Washington and although some have him as a pure 4-3 end we think he fits the Pats 3-4 OLB mold very well.

Aldon Smith is a very volatile stock... boom or bust....

NFLBRONCO
03-05-2011, 11:25 AM
You're well within your rights to use all 12 hours man, but honestly shopping a pick at 9:30 PM mountain time when your clock expires in 12 hours isn't going to give you good results. Its a Broncos forum and therefore it generally empties out quite a bit between ~midnight mountain time until about 8 the next morning. You'd have to find someone up for a trade either in those first ~2.5 hours or in the last hour of higher board activity and THEN you'd still have to be on and work a deal out with them.

Its not that you shouldn't feel entitled to your full 12 hour clock, but if you're looking to deal you've got to do it when you have realistic shot of getting a deal done. You never know when a couple picks are going to happen back to back putting you on the clock at an odd time.

Yeah your right. I think what also killed me is this mock started off really slow that GM's didn't want to slow it up more. I also wanted to give my co gm a chance to chime in but, we missed connection.

Mediator12
03-05-2011, 11:32 AM

I think he is raw enough to be molded by Belichick. The one thing I Worry about is he Football Smart enough to pass belichick's interview at the Combine? He is not known to be a real smart guy and is not there technique and assignment wise. He could be a steal, but these types scare me as they are very boom or bust.

OBF1
03-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah your right. I think what also killed me is this mock started off really slow that GM's didn't want to slow it up more. I also wanted to give my co gm a chance to chime in but, we missed connection.

GM and asst GM should have been getting together weeks ago, before and after the combine putting together their draft boards. My GM and I are about to start discussing 3rd round picks once the 1st round is complete.

TheReverend
03-05-2011, 12:13 PM
I'll name drop later, once the guy I'm thinking of gets picked. Real solid job by everyone so far!

Except Reverend doesn't like my first pick! :(

Sorry! He'll be a ball hawk corner for sure, but he's gonna guess wrong plenty too.

Mediator12
03-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Sorry! He'll be a ball hawk corner for sure, but he's gonna guess wrong plenty too.

Asante Samuel in press man coverage? I think that is a pretty good assumption. I also think he will get used to teams trying to double move him and should get better with some coaching and patience.

Nebraska's CB's were very good this year. I liked Dennard better than Prince too. They were scary good this year.

Requiem
03-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Sorry for the wait boys, I'm about to make the pick for the San Diego Super Chargers.

OBF1
03-05-2011, 03:40 PM
I am sorry, But i need to say this....

Fu Ck the chargers. I can not stand them. Back to the draft

brncs_fan
03-05-2011, 04:34 PM
Pick will be in momentarily. Trying to get through all the second guessing first.

OBF1
03-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Solder at 19 is huge value imo

brncs_fan
03-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Solder at 19 is huge value imo

Not the Giants biggest need but a solid player from what I have seen. With Ayers off the board he slid into the top spot.

schaaf
03-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I can't believe Solder was taken after Smith, bad decision IMO

Requiem
03-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I am sorry, But i need to say this....

Fu Ck the chargers. I can not stand them. Back to the draft

LOL. I hate them too. :)

Were you considering Wilkerson in round two -- or is this just regularly scheduled Chugger bashing? :D

As for the justification of my selection:

Watt and Jordan were my top DL choices, but they didn't fall and I didn't expect them too. I thought I'd be able to nab Smith or Ayers after that -- but no, they went back to back. So, I had to decide who was the best defensive player at a position of need for the Chargers, and though a bit of a reach, I took Wilkerson due to versatility. I think he might go first round come April.

OBF1
03-05-2011, 06:20 PM
No... Just time to bash chargers again, It has been a couple of days :thumbs:

Mediator12
03-05-2011, 08:16 PM
I knew I was not going to draft until Sunday ;D

JCMElway
03-05-2011, 08:56 PM
I knew I was not going to draft until Sunday ;D

I dunno, sirhcyennek81 is on the Mane right now.....

BowlenBall
03-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I dunno, sirhcyennek81 is on the Mane right now.....

Yeah, saw him lurking in the draft forum a few minutes ago.... not sure why he didn't make his selection yet...

Archer81
03-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Trade Announcement

Carolina is sending 21 overall to Buffalo (Rohirrim) for pick 34 (round 2) and 68 (round 3).

Ro is on the clock.

:Broncos:

BowlenBall
03-06-2011, 06:47 AM
So...Buffalo has now landed Nick Fairley and Adrian Clayborn? That's a helluva 1-2 punch right there on the front 7.

Mediator12
03-06-2011, 07:07 AM
So...Buffalo has now landed Nick Fairley and Adrian Clayborn? That's a helluva 1-2 punch right there on the front 7.

Yep, I thought they were going to get Carimi when I saw the trade announcement. Stunned though that CAR has been trading back so much. They need GREAT players, not quantity right now.

I had a couple of deals on the table, but I could not pass up a franchise LT who is severely undervalued at this point in the process. Plus, I think this kid is a lot better at Pass Pro than people give him credit and he has all the physical tools to get much better in the pros.

Rohirrim
03-06-2011, 07:55 AM

My original plan was to trade back up for a LT, but the ones I feel most confident about were gone and Clayborn was still there. What can I say? Buffalo needs some fire. Clayborn will bring it.

JCMElway
03-06-2011, 01:21 PM
WABronco is OTC at 2:50 PM EST.

Shananahan
03-06-2011, 04:17 PM
I looked around but haven't been able to find it, so how exactly did KC end up picking first overall? Is there some summary of all the trades that I'm not seeing?

JCMElway
03-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I haven't been keeping the best documentation of the trades. But, KC traded ALL their selections to Carolina. If KC gets any comp picks they will have those.

Carmelo15
03-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I haven't been keeping the best documentation of the trades. But, KC traded ALL their selections to Carolina. If KC gets any comp picks they will have those.

Looking at the draft board has fallen, I do not regret it either

WABronco
03-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Sorry ladies might have to delay a bit here. Listening to offers currently for no. 25.

ColoradoBuff
03-06-2011, 05:16 PM
With the Saints taking Paea, Sedrick Ellis can now go back to the 3-technique and Paea and the newly signed Shaun Rogers can rotate at the NT. Paea is gonna be a very good football player.

24champ
03-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Texans pick will be in soon.

jebures
03-06-2011, 06:24 PM
WOW! Jake Locker!???? Schaub was not their problem, the defense was

Mediator12
03-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Shaub struggling? Say what? Jake Locker for the 2 second round picks WTF ???

This is a weird freaking draft. I have no idea what is going to happen next. KC pulls a Ditka for a CB who does not fit their system. BUF goes for a 4-3 DT while running a 3-4 base, then trades back up for a OT, but then picks a Stud DE. MIA who has holes everywhere but OT and has a franchise OT picks another franchise OT. ATL moves up to take a guy at 16 who I think will barely be top 50.

I am freaking lost ;D

eddie mac
03-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Indeed that Locker pick is a complete head scratcher for me, not only is it not a need in Houston but who else was gonna take him in the next 10 picks???

I thought they'd be moving up for another piece for their 3-4 D.

24champ
03-06-2011, 08:39 PM

The trade was for a 2nd and a 3rd round pick. Not to mention, the Texans will likely receive a 3rd round compensatory pick for CB Dunta Robinson who got a large contract with the Falcons.

Never said Schaub was struggling either, as he has nice stats but I value leadership more than stats. It's similar to the Elway vs Marino debate...leadership always wins over stats. Just my opinion.

Kubiak would do well with a Jake Plummer clone, and Mayock has said that Locker is one of the best QBs that can throw on the run. Mayock also has Locker as his #2 QB. In my view, Locker would be in a similar situation as Tebow, used in special situations while at the same time being groomed to be the future for the Franchise behind Schaub.

Archer81
03-06-2011, 08:58 PM

This is a weird freaking draft. I have no idea what is going to happen next. KC pulls a Ditka for a CB who does not fit their system. BUF goes for a 4-3 DT while running a 3-4 base, then trades back up for a OT, but then picks a Stud DE. MIA who has holes everywhere but OT and has a franchise OT picks another franchise OT. ATL moves up to take a guy at 16 who I think will barely be top 50.

I am freaking lost ;D

Just wait. It will get weirder.

Archer81
03-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Yep, I thought they were going to get Carimi when I saw the trade announcement. Stunned though that CAR has been trading back so much. They need GREAT players, not quantity right now.

I had a couple of deals on the table, but I could not pass up a franchise LT who is severely undervalued at this point in the process. Plus, I think this kid is a lot better at Pass Pro than people give him credit and he has all the physical tools to get much better in the pros.

Carolina was 2-14. They are in a division that had 3 10+ game winners and a recent SB champion. A single great player wont help, IMO.

24champ
03-06-2011, 09:17 PM
not only is it not a need in Houston but who else was gonna take him in the next 10 picks???

A lot of teams don't necessarily pick based on needs but rather on the players talent and how a player would fit in their schemes. Did the Broncos have a positional "need" at QB when they drafted Tebow? What about with the Packers, did they have a "need" at QB when they drafted Rodgers at # 24 in 2005? No.

As for who was going to take Locker in the next 10 picks, I would think a few teams would.

JCMElway
03-06-2011, 09:21 PM
IFGMPW is OTC at 5:44 PM MST.

BowlenBall
03-06-2011, 09:31 PM
IFGMPW is OTC at 5:44 PM MST.

Acronym soup there IMHO....LOL, ROFL

Broncoman13
03-06-2011, 09:33 PM
I think Locker will go earlier than he went in our Mock. I also think the Texans would be insane to take a QB in the first round. Great value for Jeff but no way it happens! You draft a QB in the first couple of rounds and you are sending a message to you starter...your days are numbered.

A lot of head scratchers here tho.

24champ
03-06-2011, 09:58 PM
I think Locker will go earlier than he went in our Mock. I also think the Texans would be insane to take a QB in the first round. Great value for Jeff but no way it happens! You draft a QB in the first couple of rounds and you are sending a message to you starter...your days are numbered.

A lot of head scratchers here tho.

That's a good point. You also don't want to coddle Schaub who hasn't sniffed the playoffs and get content with his job in Houston. Again, nice statistics for a QB but he needs work on the intangibles. I understand the defense is Slowik-like, but the offense deserves some of the blame as well. They blew a couple games last season.

OBF1
03-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Besides, Schaub could fetch a 1st rounder or more on the trading block. Alot of other teams would be very interested in him.

Rohirrim
03-06-2011, 10:10 PM

I am freaking lost ;D

"We can't start over every year," Nix said at the time. "You can not do that. We're a 3-4. We're scouting for a 3-4. And if we wind up with people we need to play in a four-man front some, we will. Now I think that's really what everybody [in a 3-4 scheme] does. But you gotta have a goal that this is what you're trying to get to defensively. That hasn't changed."

Yet head coach Chan Gailey hinted at the end of the Bills' 4-12 2010 season that the team would use both 3-4 and 4-3 looks. The hiring of Dave Wannstedt to the position of Assistant Head Coach/Inside Linebackers seemed to drive that point home, as Wannstedt has spent his entire career in the 4-3.
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/2/24/2012672/buffalo-bills-defense-scheme-chan-gailey

NFLBRONCO
03-06-2011, 10:23 PM

I am freaking lost ;D

I thought I read the OT Mia took played G at senior bowl?

iforgotmypassword
03-07-2011, 12:19 AM
I thought the Texans had the best pick with JJ Watt.... and then the worst pick with Locker.. not that I hate him but I thought he was gonna nab Jimmy Smith and get two STUDS for that D.

Glad I got Smith for the Ravens.

BowlenBall
03-07-2011, 12:26 AM
Nice pick of Jimmy Smith, IFMP -- seems like a very, very plausible pick for the Ravens. Was seriously considering him for the Steelers at #31.

iforgotmypassword
03-07-2011, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I think I have him rated then a lot of people. He's bigger and would fit Pit's Scheme well.

More on the Texas JJ Watt pick... If anyone here is familiar with the 3-4 scheme that Wade Phillips runs (the reason he will NOT be willing to trade super Mario) is that he plays his DE's head up but there is very little gap play involved, they are head down speed rushers i.e. Bruce Smith when Phillips coached him.

He ran a more traditional 3-4 in Dallas but with Watt and Super Mario being two VERY ideal players for his scheme, it was a great pick.

24champ
03-07-2011, 12:52 AM
I thought the Texans had the best pick with JJ Watt.... and then the worst pick with Locker.. not that I hate him but I thought he was gonna nab Jimmy Smith and get two STUDS for that D.

Glad I got Smith for the Ravens.

FWIW I have a couple other CB's graded above Jimmy Smith right now. He's not exactly a stud in my book.

iforgotmypassword
03-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Well how high do you have them graded? I was suggesting helping out the secondary in general, if you had them graded high... in the words of sir-mix-alot "jump on it".... but hey thats my opinion.... thats why we debate it....any knocks or plusses on my pic?

I think this years cb class is getting overlooked because the DL.

24champ
03-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Well how high do you have them graded? I was suggesting helping out the secondary in general, if you had them graded high... in the words of sir-mix-alot "jump on it".... but hey thats my opinion.... thats why we debate it....any knocks or plusses on my pic?

I think this years cb class is getting overlooked because the DL.

It's easy to get caught in the hype, and that's exactly what Smith is. Hype, NFL scouts that have seen him in person have been turned off by his performance in personal workouts. There's some serious questions about his dedication to playing in the NFL. Some CU fans even say Smith has been a slacker in practice...that's a major red flag for me.

Outside of Prince and Peterson, there's no studs at Cornerback. After those two it's a pretty steep drop off. I am not high on this years CB class and teams like Baltimore or Houston will probably go through the FA route to get help.

There's a lot of second tier corners that might pan out in the NFL but the value to me is in the 3rd round and later.

BowlenBall
03-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Hmmm... on my board I've got Peterson and Amukamara as the clear #1 and #2, then Jimmy Smith is a cut below (due to character concerns and lack of interceptions) -- then a pretty big dropoff to that 3rd tier of cornerbacks, which has about 4 players who will not be named at the moment.... Would be surprised if Peterson, Amukamara, and Smith didn't come off the board in that order in the real draft, but who knows?

Kaylore
03-07-2011, 08:34 AM
I can't believe that Locker went in the first round and to the freaking Texans. 24Champ if you were the GM and this really happened the city of Houston would have you murdered.

Drek
03-07-2011, 10:20 AM

I am freaking lost ;D

Its the OM mock draft baby!

When has this thing ever even approached the boundaries of sanity?

srphoenix
03-07-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm still a bit confused at KC trading their entire draft for one player, no matter how good that player is, you've made it impossible to pick up depth or one of those high upside under the radar 3rd 4th or 5th round prospects that turns into the next Dumervil, B. Marsh, T. Brady, or even Terrell Davis.

Why take J. Locker when he's essentially ...edited by mod. No name dropping in the discussion thread please...

I was hoping one of the top flight OT's would land to me at 32 though

24champ
03-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I can't believe that Locker went in the first round and to the freaking Texans. 24Champ if you were the GM and this really happened the city of Houston would have you murdered.

I don't think they would, if I was really the GM, they would love me. My past drafts would have worked out well for the Texans, especially last years. As I said before, Mayock has him rated at #2 QB, He sees Locker as a top-15 talent that is as good as any quarterback prospect hes seen. I'll take his opinion over yours as Mayock has interviewed Locker and actually watched him play. I think he will do great under the WCO and under Kubiak who is a QB guru.

Kubiak would certainly welcome a chance work with Locker to smooth out his pocket throws while Schaub has to prove he is a QB that can lead his team somewhere.

BroncoMan4ever
03-07-2011, 01:20 PM
I don't think they would, if I was really the GM, they would love me. My past drafts would have worked out well for the Texans, especially last years. As I said before, Mayock has him rated at #2 QB, He sees Locker as a top-15 talent that is as good as any quarterback prospect hes seen. I'll take his opinion over yours as Mayock has interviewed Locker and actually watched him play. I think he will do great under the WCO and under Kubiak who is a QB guru.

Kubiak would certainly welcome a chance work with Locker to smooth out his pocket throws while Schaub has to prove he is a QB that can lead his team somewhere.

i'd see that pick turning into a situation like Kolb in Philly or Rodgers in Green Bay where you have this young guy waiting in the wings for several seasons while the guy already in place, doesn't give up his job.

i understand the thoughts on Schaub being injury prone but in the last 2 years he hasn't missed a game, and the NFL has basically put the QBs into a protective bubble where they can't be touched anymore thus preventing injuries to him.

i think the Texans would have been better served picking someone else who could actually help now as opposed to possibly a few seasons down the road. also, i think they reached a lot on him. he would have been available in the 2nd.

OBF1
03-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Paging JDub15 to the draft room..... JDub15 please report to the draft room immediatley

24champ
03-07-2011, 01:59 PM
i'd see that pick turning into a situation like Kolb in Philly or Rodgers in Green Bay where you have this young guy waiting in the wings for several seasons while the guy already in place, doesn't give up his job.

i understand the thoughts on Schaub being injury prone but in the last 2 years he hasn't missed a game, and the NFL has basically put the QBs into a protective bubble where they can't be touched anymore thus preventing injuries to him.

i think the Texans would have been better served picking someone else who could actually help now as opposed to possibly a few seasons down the road. also, i think they reached a lot on him. he would have been available in the 2nd.

I don't know why this thread turned into a Schaub love fest. The guy hasn't won squat, he reminds me of what people said about Jay Cutler on this forum. Mopey and lacks the mental fortitude to will his team to wins.

BroncoMan4ever
03-07-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't know why this thread turned into a Schaub love fest. The guy hasn't won squat, he reminds me of what people said about Jay Cutler on this forum. Mopey and lacks the mental fortitude to will his team to wins.

well unlike with CUtler where his own actions on the field were detrimental to the teams won/loss record despite high passing yardage numbers and TD numbers, Schaub isn't putting his team into ****ty situations that lose games, he is actually a pretty good QB that would benefit from better defensive play.

even with strong defensive play, CUtler was still Cutler

iforgotmypassword
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=24champ;3131812]It's easy to get caught in the hype, and that's exactly what Smith is. Hype, NFL scouts that have seen him in person have been turned off by his performance in personal workouts. QUOTE]

Wheres this info come from????

OBF1
03-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Hey guys, Lets back on track here. We all can disagree on who each team picks..... and every year there are busts and guys that amaze. Lets not make this personal and get on with the draft.

WHERE IN THE HELL IS JDub15???

meangene
03-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey guys, Lets back on track here. We all can disagree on who each team picks..... and every year there are busts and guys that amaze. Lets not make this personal and get on with the draft.

+1

24champ
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
well unlike with CUtler where his own actions on the field were detrimental to the teams won/loss record despite high passing yardage numbers and TD numbers, Schaub isn't putting his team into ****ty situations that lose games, he is actually a pretty good QB that would benefit from better defensive play.

even with strong defensive play, CUtler was still Cutler

But he's also lost games on interceptions, try watching the Texans on MNF sometime.

He's been proven to be injury prone, mopey and so far isn't a winner. There's at least 10 other QBs I would choose over Schaub in this league. Schaub is good for a fantasy team, but that is not what this mock draft is for. At some point, he needs to show he can take a team somewhere.

iforgotmypassword
03-07-2011, 02:58 PM
what time zone was the last pick made?

24champ
03-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Better yet, who the hell is Jdub15?

iforgotmypassword
03-07-2011, 02:59 PM

It's a discussion on the draft... theres gotta be some critism, I'm open for a little myself... it's all about forming/changing/re-iterating what we beleive the real draft will be like from other posters and our own research.

iforgotmypassword
03-07-2011, 03:10 PM
where is this clown?

meangene
03-07-2011, 03:18 PM
He was logged in an hour and a half ago so he should know he is on the clock.

24champ
03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't recall this much trading action in recent mock drafts we've done.

Lions traded their 44th for the Cowboys 59th and 91st overall picks.

meangene
03-07-2011, 03:35 PM
I don't recall this much trading action in recent mock drafts we've done.

Lions traded their 44th for the Cowboys 59th and 91st overall picks.

Yeah, Ludo21 and I accumulated a lot of picks in an earlier deal with Atlanta. We now have #40 and #44 in round two and still have our original #71 in round three.

OBF1
03-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Better yet, who the hell is Jdub15?

JDub registered less than a month before the GM's were choosen for the draft. I can only assume he is a personal friend of someones.

JCMElway
03-07-2011, 06:53 PM
I double checked with him before the draft, asking if he could make all the selections. He told me he could. **sigh** Newbs.

Anyway, he still has until 11:06 PM EST.

JCMElway
03-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Hey all, I think I have a plan if JDub doesn't get in here by 11:05. Stay tuned.....

OBF1
03-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Jets need a good cornerback to pair with Reevis. Just make the pick for him and move on to the next team :)

BowlenBall
03-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Hey all, I think I have a plan if JDub doesn't get in here by 11:05. Stay tuned.....

We've certainly got plenty of co-GMs who would be willing to take over for him....

JCMElway
03-07-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm against making picks for folks, I like to have neutral parties/ pinch hitters getting involved.

Requiem
03-07-2011, 08:33 PM
The pick should just be skipped and moves onto the next person.

I'll be kinda miffed if the player I moved up for gets selected by the team who didn't even show up to draft.

JCMElway
03-07-2011, 08:35 PM
**Official Announcement**

If Jdub doesn't get in here, I'm going to turn over the Jets to a well respected drafter who gets their pick in on time. This drafter is.......

Carmelo15

Now I know what you may be saying. "Hey, he gave away his whole draft. Why does he get two teams?" Well, because I need him, and he didn't pre-plan this. I asked him tonight and he's a solid draft guy that will give good picks and takes about them.

As for the future of the draft, I'm probably going to instate a rule that you can't give away your whole draft, so we don't have a situation like this again. As it is, I wanted someone who was on right now to keep this thing rolling, and he was on, and willing to jump in. So there it is.

JDub has until 11:06. If he does not make it, Carmello will draft for the Jets within 2 minutes or so. Then Requiem is up.

Sheesh. Running this thing keeps me on my toes every year.....

JCMElway
03-07-2011, 08:37 PM
And just so it's fair, I will have Carmello make the pick at 11:04. That way we stay in order.

Requiem
03-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Sweet. That works. What time zone is the 11:04 deadline at?

JCMElway
03-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Requiem, I am in the EST. You are up at 11:04 EST.