PDA

View Full Version : Official 2011 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

JCMElway
04-06-2011, 06:34 AM
It's late in the draft and the picks are generally:

A) Players that are a good fit for your system
B) Players that don't have the measurables, but have great intangible qualities, or
C) Players that are a gamble somehow.

Ugo Chinasa falls into the last category. He's got all the potential in the world, but just doesn't seem to have the "want to." So, in the 6th he's a great find. Wonderful athleticism and versatility, can play in a stance or standing up, no troubles in the past or injury history. With Harbaugh as the coach, we are counting on him lighting a fire under Chinasa.

JCMElway
04-06-2011, 07:00 AM
A reminder! On Thursday, Noon EST, we will go to a 6 hour clock!

JCMElway
04-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Meangene and Ludo will be OTC at 12:18 PM EST if IFMPW does not select by then.

BowlenBall
04-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Whither iforgotmypick?

BowlenBall
04-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Iforgotmypick has missed his turn, and may select at any time.

Meangene/ludo21 and the Dallas Cowboys are now on the clock....

TheReverend
04-06-2011, 09:59 AM
It's late in the draft and the picks are generally:

A) Players that are a good fit for your system
B) Players that don't have the measurables, but have great intangible qualities, or
C) Players that are a gamble somehow.

Ugo Chinasa falls into the last category. He's got all the potential in the world, but just doesn't seem to have the "want to." So, in the 6th he's a great find. Wonderful athleticism and versatility, can play in a stance or standing up, no troubles in the past or injury history. With Harbaugh as the coach, we are counting on him lighting a fire under Chinasa.

At this point I like to go after guys that DO have the measurables but have big question marks (one year wonder, injuries, DII school like Thornton, etc). Worst case scenario is a special teams player, best case is they can be coached up and play a significant role on the team.

TheReverend
04-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Cedric and Martin Parker are real solid DT's getting dropped way down with all the top talent at the top of the draft. Normally, guys who could be late 3rd or fourth round grades IMHO. I would have taken one of them if McClain was not still sitting there at the top of the 6th round.

ARI should be talent laden on defense this year, now let's see them get nasty!

Definitely. I really hope Denver gets their paws on Cedric at the end of the draft because I like his athleticism no matter what happens in the first two rounds.

My DREAM scenario is seeing him and Liuget come to Denver along with another vet (Rodgers/Kris Jenkins/Cullen Jenkins). Would provide a strong and disruptive rotation along with Vickerson.

Scenario still requires some hope... Hopefully Ayers becomes the 4-3 DE I thought he would in our Mock 2 years ago and Elvis can recover from his injury properly.

Mediator12
04-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Definitely. I really hope Denver gets their paws on Cedric at the end of the draft because I like his athleticism no matter what happens in the first two rounds.

My DREAM scenario is seeing him and Liuget come to Denver along with another vet (Rodgers/Kris Jenkins/Cullen Jenkins). Would provide a strong and disruptive rotation along with Vickerson.

Scenario still requires some hope... Hopefully Ayers becomes the 4-3 DE I thought he would in our Mock 2 years ago and Elvis can recover from his injury properly.

I agree completely. There is incredible depth in this DL class to go with the elite talents at the top of the board. McClain and Ian Williams are development guys I Like as well as Cedric Thornton and Martin Parker.

I would LOVE to get Jenkins if he can pass a medical, but he had some issues with Fox and the Panthers management. Same with the other 2 guys if they have anything left in the tank. This will be a crazy FA period too, lots of solid opportunities to secure guys who normally would not be available IMHO.

I think Ayers could definitely be strong LDE with some pass Rush upside and Elvis will be a factor as a Pass rusher. What scares me is the lack of playmakers in the LB corp, especially if the DL is young and struggles out of the gate.

TheReverend
04-06-2011, 11:08 AM
I agree completely. There is incredible depth in this DL class to go with the elite talents at the top of the board. McClain and Ian Williams are development guys I Like as well as Cedric Thornton and Martin Parker.

I would LOVE to get Jenkins if he can pass a medical, but he had some issues with Fox and the Panthers management. Same with the other 2 guys if they have anything left in the tank. This will be a crazy FA period too, lots of solid opportunities to secure guys who normally would not be available IMHO.

I think Ayers could definitely be strong LDE with some pass Rush upside and Elvis will be a factor as a Pass rusher. What scares me is the lack of playmakers in the LB corp, especially if the DL is young and struggles out of the gate.

I think our DL struggling out of the gate is inevitable without a vet presence.

That being said, Fox's system does simplify it for them, so we could do well with younger guys if the coaching is on point.

Like I said in another thread, I think there are better system fits than Dareus at our DT positions (especially RDT, we need a GREAT player there to take pressure off Elvis), but most likely the player will be around longer than Fox and the system.

McClain and Williams are also great players. I'm also not even the LEAST bit opposed to snatching up Marvin Austin with our 3rd despite his glaring character issues.

TheReverend
04-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Btw, Med, I wanted to post this here since it won't get as much attention/flamed as it would on the main board.

You're usually extremely against players at developmental positions coming out early. Why doesn't that normal Matt concern carry into Dareus especially considering his mediocre collegiate impact?

Mediator12
04-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Btw, Med, I wanted to post this here since it won't get as much attention/flamed as it would on the main board.

You're usually extremely against players at developmental positions coming out early. Why doesn't that normal Matt concern carry into Dareus especially considering his mediocre collegiate impact?

The tape never lies. His tape is phenomenal and it shows why he did not have the production of other players in other systems. He has played all 3 years at Bama, but they were really deep his freshman year and he played mostly spot duty. His second year, he developed and by the end of the year he was a much better player than Cody, despite all the love for him in the draftnik world. He culminated it with a dominant game in the BCS national championship game. Last year, he missed 3 games (2 by suspension and one by injury with the ankle), but continued to play better every game until he was healthy and destroyed MSU.

He also received a lot more Double teams and combination blocks than any other guy I watched play. Teams simply paid a high price letting him go One on one very often. He made great plays against the running game, making RB's bounce into the run defense. I also loved how he could corral a player like Cam Newton in the open field and not lose contain on him. He simply was a playmaker in both phases and really assignment sound unlike Fairley.

He showed everything on tape to be a stud DT at the next level to me. He does not have to learn an entire skillset as a run defender or pass rusher. He was way more explosive of a pass rusher and exploited OL weaknesses routinely. He rolled weaker OL and blew by slower ones. In short, I think I view him the same way you view Peterson. He has shown all the tools to be a complete player at his position already, without needing "potential" or "talent" labels to select him as a top 5 pick. I think his learning curve to be dominant is the shortest of any DT I watched this year and one of the top 3 DT's since I have been doing this.

I did have concerns about the whole agent thing, until I heard the story that was confrimed from him the other night. He went to that party with a friend who he thought had bought the ticket. It was only later when the friend admitted he took the money from an agent looking to buy his way into representing Dareus that he realized what had happened. He trusted someone, someone close to him, and it was epic fail time. That is where these guys coming out struggle the most. If they can not trust their college friends, especially since he has lost both parents, who can they trust? He deserved the suspension for being stupid, but it was not like Austin or the NC players who admitted they took it and simply did not care. He will need to have some solid character people around him and I hope he learned his lesson.

As for the developmental positions thing, you are absolutely right. I try to get solid 4 year players who maximized every opportunity. I prefer that type of proven skillset. However, Dareus is already developed IMHO. It is a very similar situation to Clay Matthews coming out a few years ago, or Demarcus Ware. Those guys just developed where they were and their tape was scary good. Then, I saw them live at the combine against their peers and it just confirmed everything I saw about them athletically.

With DT's, if they are ready they should come out early like RB's. They do have shorter Shelf-lives than other NFL positions. Dareus is only 20 and he is ready to go right now IMHO.

TheReverend
04-06-2011, 02:36 PM
The tape never lies. His tape is phenomenal and it shows why he did not have the production of other players in other systems. He has played all 3 years at Bama, but they were really deep his freshman year and he played mostly spot duty.

He was only active for half the games his freshman year and netted a monstruous 1 solo tackle...

His second year, he developed and by the end of the year he was a much better player than Cody, despite all the love for him in the draftnik world.

Excuse me? He didn't even line up at NT his sophomore year. He played DE all season. So how are you comparing that to Cody...?

He culminated it with a dominant game in the BCS national championship game.

I'll give you that he broke Texas' back with the lucky INT return (and let's be serious, that's what it was), but he really didn't do anything else in that game... And certainly no where near the level Fairley dominated blockers this past BCS title game.

Last year, he missed 3 games (2 by suspension and one by injury with the ankle), but continued to play better every game until he was healthy and destroyed MSU.

What? He only missed 2 games... (They only played 13 last year-including bowl game-, but 14 the year prior--+Sec Championship and BCS Championship). And after South Carolina MSU was the only game he reached three whole solo tackles (and 0 sacks naturally)

He also received a lot more Double teams and combination blocks than any other guy I watched play.

Every great college DT deals with that... I've seen MANY produce at a much higher level in those situations

Teams simply paid a high price letting him go One on one very often. He made great plays against the running game, making RB's bounce into the run defense. I also loved how he could corral a player like Cam Newton in the open field and not lose contain on him. He simply was a playmaker in both phases and really assignment sound unlike Fairley.

Definitely more disciplined and well rounded than Fairley, but far less talented and productive as well.

He showed everything on tape to be a stud DT at the next level to me. He does not have to learn an entire skillset as a run defender or pass rusher. He was way more explosive of a pass rusher and exploited OL weaknesses routinely. He rolled weaker OL and blew by slower ones.

This can be said about every top tier DT draft prospect.

The main qualifier that seems to separate them is polish and actual production.

Does not even come CLOSE to this. Hell, his entire collegiate career doesn't sniff Suh's senior year:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=175300

In short, I think I view him the same way you view Peterson.

Except one has the actual production to support it :P

He has shown all the tools to be a complete player at his position already, without needing "potential" or "talent" labels to select him as a top 5 pick. I think his learning curve to be dominant is the shortest of any DT I watched this year and one of the top 3 DT's since I have been doing this.

I don't see how you can say he's shown everything when he hasn't even started a full year in college, and has shifted positions and responsibilities each season as well.

You can say your confident his skill set will translate, and I am too, but there is hardly a decent body of supporting evidence. Hell there's dramatically more footage of Peterson playing zones than there is of Dareus playing a role he'd play here (primarily in his junior season).

I did have concerns about the whole agent thing, until I heard the story that was confrimed from him the other night. He went to that party with a friend who he thought had bought the ticket. It was only later when the friend admitted he took the money from an agent looking to buy his way into representing Dareus that he realized what had happened. He trusted someone, someone close to him, and it was epic fail time. That is where these guys coming out struggle the most. If they can not trust their college friends, especially since he has lost both parents, who can they trust? He deserved the suspension for being stupid, but it was not like Austin or the NC players who admitted they took it and simply did not care. He will need to have some solid character people around him and I hope he learned his lesson.

That's reassuring about him, at least.

As for the developmental positions thing, you are absolutely right. I try to get solid 4 year players who maximized every opportunity. I prefer that type of proven skillset. However, Dareus is already developed IMHO. It is a very similar situation to Clay Matthews coming out a few years ago, or Demarcus Ware. Those guys just developed where they were and their tape was scary good. Then, I saw them live at the combine against their peers and it just confirmed everything I saw about them athletically.

Your comparisons are of guys that play entirely different positions and different responsibilities than Dareus. DT's have shown a HUGE trend of taking significant time to develop while hybrid rush LBs have absolutely not. Even still, Matthews had way more playing experience than Dareus, though Ware did not. Also, neither were up for #1 overall consideration or even close to it.

With DT's, if they are ready they should come out early like RB's. They do have shorter Shelf-lives than other NFL positions. Dareus is only 20 and he is ready to go right now IMHO.

I could buy that if he could do better than 2nd team SEC and not even remotely sniff All American.

I like him, and I definitely want him in Orange and Blue and not with another team... but let's be serious, he has yet to truly perform.

Bama's BEST defensive performances were while he was suspended.

Their run D also got worse by 50% when took over for Cody (disclaimer: Also lost a big player in McClain)

If you can't REALLY get it done against college talent, I don't see how you can say he's "ready to go right now" against professionals.

SouthStndJunkie
04-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Nice pick of Josh Thomas, CB, Buffalo for Dallas....I was hoping he would be around at the bottom of the 7th round for the Browns.

meangene
04-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Nice pick of Josh Thomas, CB, Buffalo for Dallas....I was hoping he would be around at the bottom of the 7th round for the Browns.

Thanks! It is beginning to look more and more like Aaron Williams is going to be a safety so some depth at corner became more of a need. It came down to him and Bair who went right after.

TheReverend
04-06-2011, 02:57 PM

I liked eddie's pick of Bair. His age has him under the radar, but he's a great rotational pick for a team like NE.

JCMElway
04-07-2011, 07:35 AM
OK, Jebures has a 12 hour clock. When his selection is over, WE ARE ON A 6 HOUR CLOCK!

eddie mac
04-07-2011, 07:39 AM
The Patriots draft is finished and we are more than happy to have added the following new generation.

1-17 Aldon Smith OLB
1-28 Mark Ingram RB
2-33 Marvin Austin DL
2-60 Danny Watkins RT
3-74 Brandon Burton CB
3-92 Marcus Gilbert OG
4-126 Edmund Gates WR
5-159 Chris Hairston LT
6-193 Brandon Bair DE

JCMElway
04-07-2011, 07:40 AM
That looks like a Patriots draft to me, EM. Don't forget the UDFA round, tho!

TheReverend
04-07-2011, 08:08 AM
The Patriots draft is finished and we are more than happy to have added the following new generation.

1-17 Aldon Smith OLB
1-28 Mark Ingram RB
2-33 Marvin Austin DL
2-60 Danny Watkins RT
3-74 Brandon Burton CB
3-92 Marcus Gilbert OG
4-126 Edmund Gates WR
5-159 Chris Hairston LT
6-193 Brandon Bair DE

I want 6 of the top 100 :(

meangene
04-07-2011, 01:36 PM

1-17 Aldon Smith OLB
1-28 Mark Ingram RB
2-33 Marvin Austin DL
2-60 Danny Watkins RT
3-74 Brandon Burton CB
3-92 Marcus Gilbert OG
4-126 Edmund Gates WR
5-159 Chris Hairston LT
6-193 Brandon Bair DE

Superb draft! :thumbsup: You have four conceivable first round picks. Gilbert is a player on the rise.

OBF1
04-07-2011, 04:38 PM
OK, Jebures has a 12 hour clock. When his selection is over, WE ARE ON A 6 HOUR CLOCK!

YEAH 6 hour clock ^5

Archer81
04-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Panthers draft thus far...(updated 4/7/11)

2-2(34) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Phil Talor, DT/NT, Baylor *(20)
2-23(55) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Luke Stocker, TE, Tennessee
3 -1(65) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Kendrick Ellis, DT, Hampton
3-4(68) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Andy Dalton, QB, TCU*(36)
3-22(86) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Sam Acho, DE/LB, Texas*(51)
3-33(97) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Buster Skrine, CB/KR, Tenn-Chattanooga*(78)
4-1(99) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Greg Salas, WR Hawaii*(79)
4-21(119) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Jordan Todman, RB, Connecticut*(44)
5-1(132) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Chris Rucker, CB, Michigan State*(85)
5-4(135) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) (from Tampa) : Pierre Allen, DE, Nebraska
5-9(140) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81):Denarius Moore, WR, Tennessee*(64)
6-1(166) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Willie Smith, OT, East Carolina
6-22(187) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Charles Clay, FB, Tulsa*(90)

*(#) denotes top 100 player and overall player ranking per Draftnasty.com as of 4/7/11

:Broncos:

phibacka31
04-07-2011, 06:41 PM

3-33(97) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Buster Skrine, CB/KR, Tenn-Chattanooga*(78)

*(#) denotes top 100 player and overall player ranking per Draftnasty.com as of 4/7/11

That site also has Fairley ranked as a third rounder along with a few more head scratchers...

Archer81
04-07-2011, 06:43 PM
That site also has Fairley ranked as a third rounder along with a few more head scratchers...

Not originally. Through the course of this mock draft players have moved up or down depending on pro-days.

Fairly went from being a mid 1st rounder to the third. I have no idea why.

JCMElway
04-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Folks, with a 6 hour clock we are going to start missing a bunch of picks. It's just the nature of the beast because some folks will be sleeping while they go OTC. No biggee. Expatfan and Eddie mac are overseas. They are going to be awesome at getting your picks in off of priority lists! It's also nice because Eddie Mac is done with the draft, so he is completely impartial now. Everyone, PLEASE, send priority lists to me, Expat, and eddie mac for your upcoming selections

If you are worried about impartiality, i.e. Expat or I will snatch your player, please know that we do not even open your priority list PM until you are on the clock. Besides, why would we want your stupid player anyway? He's a one year wonder and has limited upside. Ha.

Anyway. Priority lists. DO IT! I want Expat's UDFA round this year to not hafta be rushed!

Thanks guys, great draft so far. Let's finish strong. 50 picks to go!

Killericon
04-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Am I done?

TheReverend
04-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Btw, you guys did a great job running this yet AGAIN this year.

Thanks to JCM, expat and eddie and everyone else involved.

JCMElway
04-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Am I done?

Yup, afraid so. Detroit hast to forfeit their 7th rounder. But they are appealing it. You can research how the Lions' appeal is going and let me know waht's up. If they say the there is a good chance the forfeit may be lifted I'll allow the 7th rounder for the Lions.

And there is the UDFA round as well,.....

BowlenBall
04-08-2011, 12:35 AM
Sodak has missed his pick, and may select at any time.

The San Diego Chargers and Requiem are now on the clock until 9:33 a.m. EST.

SoDak Bronco
04-08-2011, 05:53 AM
Vikings are excited to get really good value at the end of the 6th round, and select OLB Lawrence Wilson from UCONN. I thought he was a top 150 player so was pumped to still see him out there.

eddie mac
04-08-2011, 05:57 AM

Nice draft but I'd have left out the nasty source.LOL

Archer81
04-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Nice draft but I'd have left out the nasty source.LOL

If its good enough for Mike Mayock...

:sunshine:

JCMElway
04-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Much thanks to Brncs_fan for getting his priority list in for his last two picks! One more selection and we are into round 7!

JCMElway
04-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Just a note to everyone: If you know that you are OTC but have not received a notice from us, you don't have to wait to select! Go right ahead!

TheReverend
04-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Oh and a preliminary "You're welcome" to Eddie for holding his hand for the first few rounds of his other draft

:P

Requiem
04-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Sorry guys, I work overnights and haven't got much sleep lately. About to make my pick.

brncs_fan
04-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Much thanks to Brncs_fan for getting his priority list in for his last two picks! One more selection and we are into round 7!

Thanks so much for making my picks for me.

brncs_fan
04-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Since we are almost done...

Giants Draft:
1-19(19) - Nate Solder, OT Colorado
2-15(47) - Mason Foster, OLB, Washington
3-19(83) - John Moffitt, OC/OG Wisc.
6-20(185) - Cortez Allen, CB, Citadel
6-33(198) - DeJon Gomes, SS, Nebraska
6-37(202) - Korey Lindsey, CB, S. Illinois

iforgotmypassword
04-08-2011, 02:10 PM
what is everybodys thoughts of my pick

2-26(58) - Baltimore (iforgotmypassword): Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss

I thought that I jumped on him quite a bit and highly considered Hankerson or Titus Young.... where did everybody else have him ranked. He's my one pick I'm not thrilled about but when I made it I just envisioned Baltimores Goal Line D rising to the top of the leauge with Powe, Ngata, and Cody. Fresh legs all game while having 300+ out there makes a big difference in the 4th.

TheReverend
04-08-2011, 02:17 PM
what is everybodys thoughts of my pick

2-26(58) - Baltimore (iforgotmypassword): Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss

I thought that I jumped on him quite a bit and highly considered Hankerson or Titus Young.... where did everybody else have him ranked. He's my one pick I'm not thrilled about but when I made it I just envisioned Baltimores Goal Line D rising to the top of the leauge with Powe, Ngata, and Cody. Fresh legs all game while having 300+ out there makes a big difference in the 4th.

I agree. I thought most in this Mock jumped all over the popular "Deep DL draft class", to the point where they were all flying off the board well before I thought they should and I only was able to grab my sleeper pick at the position.

eddie mac
04-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Oh and a preliminary "You're welcome" to Eddie for holding his hand for the first few rounds of his other draft

:P

Yeah thanks mate, I got a top 5 vote out of 32 franchises on FFMD for my Cardinals offseason, they ****ing love the offense with Vince Young, Vincent Jackson, Fitz, Scaife and Costanzo (spelling).

Not bad for a 2 man team (I'm counting you) where teams like the Cowboys and Pats had 20 plus guys.

That's actually some offseason mock considering the work they put in and some of the pitches made to free agents took hours to do by some guys.

Requiem
04-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Powe @ 58 blows. About 50 selections way too high.

BowlenBall
04-09-2011, 12:44 AM
Powe @ 58 blows. About 50 selections way too high.

Like the player actually, but do agree that he could be had in the late 3rd or early 4th....

JCMElway
04-09-2011, 08:09 AM
How about a little speed for the 9ers at the top of the 7th? After Coffee left, getting another RB for San Fran was crucial. The knock on Da'rel Scott is he doesn't break tackles at the goal line. Who cares? That's what Frank Gore's job is. The other knock is injuries, but that's fine as well. Scott doesn't need to get 15-20 carries a game, he just has to spell Gore and Westbrook.

Also, getting a good nickel CB in the 7th helps as well. Rogers returns kicks too.

Drafting two guys with upside, a varied skill set, and sub-4.4 times in the 7th round? We will take it!

BowlenBall
04-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Justin Rogers is an excellent pick in the 7th -- didn't quite fit with the Steelers defense, but I kept trying to rationalize a way that we could use him from the 5th round on.... very nice drafting there.

NFLBRONCO
04-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Miami made their picks Oakland is up

JCMElway
04-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Well this is interesting....

Fast forward to today. Roger Goodell revealed that the Lions did make an appeal to the charge against them and, after further review, he reinstated their seventh-round pick.

Having an additional pick in the draft is good news for the Lions, but Goodell did not completely reverse his decision. If he had reversed it, the Lions would have received their original fifth-round pick, which he did not give them. He also took away their seventh-round pick in 2012.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/651948-detroit-lions-tampering-case-setteled-in-the-most-unsettling-of-ways

BowlenBall
04-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Well this is interesting....

Fast forward to today. Roger Goodell revealed that the Lions did make an appeal to the charge against them and, after further review, he reinstated their seventh-round pick.

Having an additional pick in the draft is good news for the Lions, but Goodell did not completely reverse his decision. If he had reversed it, the Lions would have received their original fifth-round pick, which he did not give them. He also took away their seventh-round pick in 2012.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/651948-detroit-lions-tampering-case-setteled-in-the-most-unsettling-of-ways

7-30(233) - Detroit (from New York Jets):
7-31(234) - Pittsburgh (ExpatFan):

:cuss:

JCMElway
04-10-2011, 08:21 AM
How do you feel about waiting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Y7ScfaVHs

BowlenBall
04-10-2011, 08:28 AM
How do you feel about waiting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Y7ScfaVHs

My name is Inigo Montoya... you bumped me down a draft slot... prepare to die.

JCMElway
04-10-2011, 08:37 AM
My name is Inigo Montoya... you bumped me down a draft slot... prepare to die.

lolHilarious!LOL

JCMElway
04-10-2011, 11:01 AM
I may be totally jinxing things here, but I just want to point out how on the ball drafters have been this year. In prior years we would have drafters that would have 5-10 players draft before them after missing a pick. I would even have to find pinch-drafters to make individual picks. Not this year! Drafters have missed slots, but only 2-3 picks have gone by before they drafted. At most!

Keep it up everyone, keep this draft on time and on schedule. Best Mock draft on the OM evahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

SouthStndJunkie
04-10-2011, 05:22 PM
I like the Dane Sanzenbacher pick.

I'm good buds with his high school coach and watched him play all the time in high school at Toledo Central Catholic....he was an incredible corner and return man in high school, in addition to being a great WR.

Good kid and tough as nails, you could hit him in the head with a hammer and he would come down with the ball.

Ohio State should have redshirted him his freshman year, as he would have been awesome at Ohio State next year if they would have.

BowlenBall
04-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Nice pick of Mark Legree there, Drek.... I had him as a definite 7th round or UDFA target, and am bummed that I didn't get him. He's may not be a star in the NFL, but he'll play for several years IMHO.

BowlenBall
04-11-2011, 09:53 AM
I may be totally jinxing things here, but I just want to point out how on the ball drafters have been this year. In prior years we would have drafters that would have 5-10 players draft before them after missing a pick. I would even have to find pinch-drafters to make individual picks. Not this year! Drafters have missed slots, but only 2-3 picks have gone by before they drafted. At most!

Keep it up everyone, keep this draft on time and on schedule. Best Mock draft on the OM evahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

aaaaaaand you jinxed it!

JCMElway
04-11-2011, 02:31 PM
OK folks, the litmus test for getting your selection made for you is as follows:

Missed first or second round pick -- You get a co-GM or you're out of the draft
3rd: Five picks made after your pick is missed
5th - 4th: Seven picks made after your pick is missed
6th-7th: Ten picks made after your pick is missed

So, Anton had 10 selections made after he went off the clock, so we have a pinch-drafter make that selection. Anton is still welcome to be in the draft, but he has not been on the Mane in 12 days. So, I will have Eddie Mac take over for the Bucs (one more pick) unless I hear from Anton.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

TheReverend
04-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Nice little burst of picks here today.

Where are the old drafts archived btw? Can't find last years in the draft forum?

OBF1
04-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Denver is already to make their pick and it is still 14 slots away.

JCMElway
04-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Hey all, don't know how it happened, but the Broncos and Bengals gained two picks in our 7th round, and the Falcons and Titans have been shorted two picks. I'm not going to penalize anybody, but I'm gonna go ahead and throw a comp pick at the Falcons and Titans. They lose a little bit of value, but they still get to make a pick.

And we're all about having some draft fun!

JCMElway
04-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Nice little burst of picks here today.

Where are the old drafts archived btw? Can't find last years in the draft forum?

Does this link work?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=89702

JCMElway
04-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Hey all, save your picks for posterity from the mock drafts. I think I can only go back to last year's mock.

jebures
04-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Who’s hot; who’s not … It’s possible that LSU CB Pat Peterson, who has been considered by many to be the #1 prospect overall this year, could have seen his grade slip just a tad. Peterson is a remarkable athlete, but is still a 220-pound corner who is relatively thick through the lower body and is just a little stiff in the hips such that he could he could ultimately end up as a safety at the next level. On the other hand, while its hardly unanimous, Texas A&M OLB Von Miller would probably win a poll today as to which player represents the ’safest’ pick in this year’s draft. Meanwhile, while DE is the consensus strongest overall position in the 2011 draft, the DTs may be closing the gap somewhat. Illinois’ Corey Liuget, for example, seems to be moving closer to the middle of the opening round. At the same time, it won’t be a total shock if either, or both of DTs Marvin Austin of North Carolina and/or Iowa’s Christian Ballard sneak into the latter part of this year’s opening round. Both have been considered mid-second round types but the fact that both have 5-tecjnique potential, not to mention solid athletic skills with the potential to get into opposing backfields appears to have them on the rise. Austin, in particular, could be a surprise on the 28th; remember at this time last year he was considered a top 10 prospect before he was suspended for the year for accepting improper benefits. At the same time, there are similar stories for Arizona OLB Brooks Reed and Villanova OT Ben Ijalana who may also get some late first-round consideration, while other players who appear to be making late pushes include South Carolina CB Chris Culliver, Washington LB Mason Foster, South Florida DT Terrell McClain, Lehigh G/T Will Rackley, Indiana OT James Brewer and Virginia Tech QB Tyrod Taylor.

all guys I got in the mid 4th round or later
Brewer mid 4th
Culliver 5th
Tyrod Taylor 6th

JCMElway
04-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Just found this gem from 2005....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=23554&highlight=official+mock+draft

JCMElway
04-11-2011, 08:07 PM
2009 draft, full selections are on page 11.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77437

JCMElway
04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Mock draft II in 2009. I had the Broncos! Final list of picks on page 13.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77193&page=13

TheReverend
04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
2009 draft, full selections are on page 11.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77437

FML

If the Cards had my drafts for the past 3 years, they'd have the best D in the NFL by a dramatic margin.

JCMElway
04-11-2011, 08:12 PM
2008 mock draft. I kept track of trades better back then....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=65691

JCMElway
04-11-2011, 08:14 PM
2006 Mock draft.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=37588

TheReverend
04-11-2011, 08:14 PM
JCM once you've compiled all the links, it would be a great idea to start a thread titled "OM Mock Draft History" in this draft forum and PM TJ/a mod to sticky it for quick reference.

Just a thought.

JCMElway
04-12-2011, 06:25 AM
JCM once you've compiled all the links, it would be a great idea to start a thread titled "OM Mock Draft History" in this draft forum and PM TJ/a mod to sticky it for quick reference.

Just a thought.

Done. Although I can't find the 2007 draft......

JCMElway
04-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Our 7th round becomes all about things you just can't teach. The first two picks have speed, Anthony Gray has SIZE. 330 pounds and fairly agile. With Aubrayo Franklin possibly being released, a big body in the middle was required. Maybe Gray doesn't pan out, but taking a chance on the big guy in the 7th just makes sense.

JCMElway
04-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Grrrr.....I thought we were gonna end this thing with a bang! C'mon guys! Everyone at the end of the draft should just send a priority list now so we can get to the UDFA round!

I will come to your house and lurk for a priority list! Don't think I won't do it!

OBF1
04-12-2011, 06:33 PM
WAKE UP GM's

JCMElway
04-13-2011, 06:50 AM
Hey Sirh81, don't forget the UDFA round!!!!!!!

Rohirrim
04-13-2011, 08:13 AM
The Bills draft:

Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
Lee Ziemba, OT, Auburn
Jeremy Beal, LB, Oklahoma
Pat Devlin, QB, Delaware
Jermale Hines, S, OSU
Garrett Chisholm, OG, SCarolina

Archer81
04-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Panthers draft.

2-2(34) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Phil Taylor, DT/NT, Baylor
3-4(68) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
3-22(86) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Sam Acho, DE/LB, Texas
3-33(97) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Buster Skrine, CB/KR, Tenn-Chattanooga
4-1(99) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Greg Salas, WR Hawaii
4-21(119) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Jordan Todman, RB, Connecticut
5-1(132) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Chris Rucker, CB, Michigan State
5-9(140) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81):Denarius Moore, WR, Tennessee
6-22(187) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Charles Clay, FB, Tulsa
6-38(203) - Carolina (Sirh81): Ronald Johnson, WR USC
7-21(223) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio State
7-43(244) - Carolina (Sirh81): Jerrard Terrant, S, Georgia Tech

GoHAM
04-13-2011, 10:03 AM
The Eagles Draft:

1-23(23) - Philadelphia Mike Pouncey, G, Florida
2-22(54) - Philadelphia Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
3-21(85) - Philadelphia Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma State
4-7(105) - Philadelphia Tyler Sash, SS, Iowa
4-23(121) - Philadelphia Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
5-18(149) - Philadelphia Jeremy Kerley, WR, TCU
5-22(153) - Philadelphia Chris Conte, S, California
7-25(227) - Philadelphia Byron Stingily, OT, Louisville
7-36(237) - Philadelphia Mike Mohamed, LB, California
7-39(240) - Philadelphia David Carter, DT, UCLA

OBF1
04-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Phibacka31 and CBF1 have tripped and fallen running up to the podium with their final pick

JCMElway
04-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Phibacka31 and CBF1 have tripped and fallen running up to the podium with their final pick

LOL nice

TheReverend
04-13-2011, 10:37 AM
So ready to make my last pick...

BowlenBall
04-13-2011, 10:37 AM

:spit:

OBF1
04-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I wish I could take the credit for our last pick.... Unless this guy died and we neither one of us heard about it, this is the steal of the draft.

JCMElway
04-13-2011, 10:39 AM
I wish I could take the credit for our last pick.... Unless this guy died and we neither one of us heard about it, this is the steal of the draft.

Did you check the Alpha list?

BowlenBall
04-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Marcell Dareus has already been selected.... please pick again.

JCMElway
04-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Marcell Dareus has already been selected.... please pick again.

Hey, you're funny! He's a funny guy!

JCMElway
04-13-2011, 10:49 AM
OK, so......who IS your last pick? I'm dying to see what gem you guys put up there that we all missed!

Arkie
04-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Just found this gem from 2005....

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=23554&highlight=official+mock+draft

That's chaotic compared to how smooth these mocks are now. I remember the one from 2004. We had so much fun with the first round, we decided to go for two. I think we made it through half the 2nd round before the real draft started. lol

OBF1
04-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Denver Broncos draft:

1-2(2) - Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
2-4(36) - Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA
2-14(46) - Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa
3-7(71) - Colin McCarthy, ILB, Miami(Fla.)
6-14(179) - Stevan Ridley, RB, LSU
6-24(189) - Vincent Brown, WR San Diego State.
7-2(205) - Chris Neild, NT, West Virginia
7-46(247) - Akeem Dent, LB, Georgia

Denver needs defense..... They did not disappoint.

TheReverend
04-13-2011, 11:42 AM

...For him actually getting selected?

With the build up I was expecting to kick myself for missing a name on my list. End result: A 4.8 speed and still undersized linebacker? He definitely SEEMS to have intangibles and work ethic though, but IMO he's too small and slow to play even ST. I have him UDFA.

GoHAM
04-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Did you check the Alpha list?

Just be careful with that list Guy, it's not always all inclusive. :wave:

TheReverend
04-13-2011, 11:47 AM

With the build up I was expecting to kick myself for missing a name on my list. End result: A 4.8 speed and still undersized linebacker? He definitely SEEMS to have intangibles and work ethic though, but IMO he's too small and slow to play even ST. I have him UDFA.

This comes across ruder than intended. Sorry for that. End of the draft picks are by and large pretty inconsequential regardless.

srphoenix
04-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Packer Draft:
1-32(32) - Green Bay (srphoenix): Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
2-17(49) - Green Bay (srphoenix): Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
4-32(130) - Green Bay (srphoenix): Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
4-33(131) - Green Bay (srphoenix): Kendric Burney, CB, North Carolina
5-32(163) - Green Bay (srphoenix): Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia
7-1(204) - Green Bay (from Carolina) (srphoenix): Steven Friday, OLB, Virgina Tech

I'm pretty happy with it, gave the Packers some guys they needed to replace players most likely leaving in Free Agency and got some late rounders that could potentially turn into impact players.

phibacka31
04-13-2011, 11:58 AM

While Dent is a little small Al Wison was all of 6' and 240lbs.

Dent is 6'1'' 242lbs...

What we see in Dent is a natural born leader for the defense. He may not be great in coverage, but will help immensely in the run game. He had 122 tackles with 6.5 for loss his Senior season and was second team All SEC. What we would hope is that Dent can become the fiery leader in the middle this D has lacked since Wilson retired.

We feel with the additions of Darius, Ballard, and Neild along with LB McCarthy Dent will be able to man the middle.

Notes from CBSsports:
Part-time starter from 2007-09 really emerged during stellar 2010 season as a defensive captain at ILB in a 3-4 for the Bulldogs. Is well built and athletic, has the wheels to get to the corner and shut off the wide run. Can change directions well, and has the ability to turn and run with tight ends in coverage. Quality tackler with good form. Disengages from blocks well. Hustles with intensity every play. Smart in the classroom, durable - top intangibles.

TheReverend
04-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Packer Draft:
1-32(32) - Green Bay (srphoenix): Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
2-17(49) - Green Bay (srphoenix): Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
4-32(130) - Green Bay (srphoenix): Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
4-33(131) - Green Bay (srphoenix): Kendric Burney, CB, North Carolina
5-32(163) - Green Bay (srphoenix): Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia
7-1(204) - Green Bay (from Carolina) (srphoenix): Steven Friday, OLB, Virgina Tech

I'm pretty happy with it, gave the Packers some guys they needed to replace players most likely leaving in Free Agency and got some late rounders that could potentially turn into impact players.

Barksdale is my favorite of your picks. Campen should be able to turn him into a quality player (most likely at G imo).

OBF1
04-13-2011, 12:08 PM
This comes across ruder than intended. Sorry for that. End of the draft picks are by and large pretty inconsequential regardless.

No apology needed. For a compensatory pick at the end of the 7th round, we are pretty stoked.

JCMElway
04-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Rev will tell everyone about Whalen and I have some info about Taylor. Later!

SouthStndJunkie
04-13-2011, 12:49 PM
Cleveland Browns Draft:

1-(6) - Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
2-(37) - Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
3-(70) - Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
4-(103) - Jason Pinkston, OT, Pittsburgh
5-(137) - Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
6-(168) - Dion Lewis, RB, Pittsburgh
6-(170) - Will Hill, S, Florida
7 (248) - Brandon Hogan, CB, West Virginia

jebures
04-13-2011, 02:14 PM
1 WR A.J. Green Georgia
2 RB Ryan Williams Virginia Tech
3 OLB Chris Carter Fresno St.
4 CB Chimdi Chekwa Ohio St.
4 T/G James Brewer Indiana
5 FS Chris Culliver South Carolina
6 MLB Mario Harvey Marshall
6 QB Tyrod Taylor Virginia Tech
7 WR Stephen Burton West Texas A&M

TheReverend
04-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Arizona Cardinals Draft:

1-5(5) - Arizona (TheReverend): Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
2-7(39) - Arizona (TheReverend): Christian Ponder, QB, FSU
3-14(78) - Arizona (TheReverend): James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
4-6(104) - Arizona (TheReverend): Kris O'Dowd, C, USC
4-15(113) - Arizona (TheReverend): DJ Williams, TE, Arkansas
5-5(136) - Arizona (TheReverend): Shareece Wright, CB, USC
6-6(171) - Arizona (TheReverend): Evan Royster, RB, Penn State
6-19(184) - Arizona (from Philly via Tampa) (TheRev): Cedric Thornton, DT, Southern Arkansas
7-48(249) - Arizona (Reverend): Ryan Whalen, WR, Stanford

Landed lots of OL help, a great receiving TE to spread defenses, the most NFL ready, imo at least, QB, and the pass rushing 3-4 LB they've been waiting for.

Lots of 2nd half potential "reaches", but guys with a LOAD of flat out potential that I personally love as developmental prospects and depth like Wright, Royster, Thornton and Whalen and all should MINIMALLY be fantastic ST players.

OBF1
04-13-2011, 02:25 PM
I will now take Whalen off of my UFA wish list.

meangene
04-13-2011, 03:38 PM
2011 Dallas Cowboys draft:

1.(27) Corey Liuget, DL, Illinois
2.(40) Aaron Williams, FS, Texas
2.(44) Mikel LeShoure, RB, Illinois
3.(67) Orlando Franklin, G/T Miami
4.(125) K.J. Wright, ILB, Mississippi State
5.(143) Ian Williams, NT, Notre Dame
5.(158) Zach Hurd, G, UConn
6.(176) Jeron Johnson, SS, Boise State
6.(192) Josh Thomas, CB, Buffalo
7.(220) David Mims, OT, Virginia Union
7.(252) Henry Hynoski, FB, Pitt

jebures
04-13-2011, 06:28 PM

very solid my friend. not one player there I do not like

meangene
04-13-2011, 06:33 PM
very solid my friend. not one player there I do not like

Thanks! It helped having the extra picks!

Drek
04-13-2011, 07:00 PM
St. Louis Rams draft selections:

1. Quintorris "Julio" Jones, WR, Alabama
2. Rodney Hudson, OG/C, Florida State
3. Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
4. Ross Homan, OLB, Ohio State
5. Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
6. Alex Green, RB, Hawaii
7a. Brian Rolle, OLB, Ohio State
7b. Mark LeGree, S, Appalachian State

Overall quite happy with it. Julio Jones to St. Louis is an obvious fit if he falls to them in the real draft. Hudson and Nevis give them two talented young guys who can contribute out of the gate. Hudson likely would start, at worst he'd be the swing guard for them as a rookie. Nevis would make an excellent 3rd down pass rush interior lineman who has the makeup of a guy who can become a good every down starter if he shows that he can keep his weight north of 300. Real happy through the early rounds.

Homan is my favorite LB in this class (not the one I think is the best, just a great sleeper type). Great pedigree and production, a combine that backed up play on the field and disproved notions of him being unathletic. Not to mention he did it all at a higher weight than expected. His teammate, Brian Rolle, was someone I liked as well but not as much as Homan, so to get him in the 7th I thought was great. He's a special teams contributor at worst and has legitimate potential on the defensive side if he can add some muscle. Reminds me of Ian Gold who had some good flashes in a 4-3 front himself.

I'm pretty sure Niles Paul is a douche bag, but sliding to the middle rounds of the draft and being forced to work for the pay day has gotten more than a few troubled WR types to find focus and dedication. Paul is a boom/bust type but he has huge upside for a 5th rounder if he "booms".

I see Alex Green as a good situational RB who would play off of Stephen Jackson well. He's a straight up the gut and run to contact type of guy but he's got some good explosiveness and he can catch. In McDaniels' system he could be very productive given 5 to 10 touches a game.

Mark LeGree is a safety I just like the style of. Hits hard, runs fast, produced all through college at a lower level. Might not even get drafted but he definitely deserves a real shot.

The one target I really thought I had a shot at and missed out on was Tyrod Taylor for a Brad Smith type utility role, but he went late 6th shortly after I took Green when I wasn't willing to give more than a 7th on a utility type who last I heard says he wants a legit shot to play QB.

JCMElway
04-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Seattle selects sledgehammer Allen Bradford, RB, USC with their final pick.

Seattle's GM was drunk in a gutter. Apologies for the tardiness of this selection.

Were you hanging out with Bowlen?

JCMElway
04-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Raiders draft

Here is the Oakland Draft Via OM Live.

2Stefen Wisniewski, C, Penn State
3Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
4Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska
5Jarriel King, OT/G, South Carolina
6Rob Housler, TE, Florida Atlantic
7DeMarco Sampson, WR, San Diego State
7Anthony Sherman, FB, Connecticut

JCMElway
04-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Chargers draft

San Diego Chargers -- 2011 NFL Draft

18. Muhammed Wilkerson, DL -- Temple
31. Brandon Harris, CB -- Miami
61. Leonard Hankerson, WR -- Miami
94. Robert Sands, S -- West Virginia
201. Dwayne Harris, WR -- East Carolina
208. Mario Addison, OLB -- Troy
234. Jamie Harper, RB -- Clemson

Extremely pleased with this draft. Feel the first four selections can all be immediate contributors. Harris could be a surprise, but will help out on special teams and W-O sub packages. Addison can compete for time on ST as he is raw, and Harper is a sleeper RB prospect who could be in the mix with Matthews if he continues to have injury problems.

JCMElway
04-13-2011, 07:24 PM
We are super happy to get Zane Taylor at the end of the 7th. He made need some time to develop, but Taylor is one of the strongest and one of the smartest OL in the draft. Scouts were more jazzed about how smart he was, and then he banged out 41 reps at his pro day.

Oh, did we mention he is a great leader in the locker room as well?

JCMElway
04-13-2011, 07:25 PM
The San Francisco 49er 2011 draft:

1-7(7) : Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
2-13(45) : Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
2-21(53) : Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
4-18(116) : Pernell McPhee, DE, Miss. State
5-10(141) :Terrance Toliver, WR, LSU
6-25(190) : Ugo Chinasa, DE, Oklahoma State
7-7(210) : Justin Rogers, CB/KR, Richmond
7-8(211) : Da'rel Scott, RB, Maryland
7-38(239) : Anthony Gray, NT, Southern Miss
7-49(250) : Zane Taylor, C, Utah

OBF1
04-14-2011, 01:38 AM
With only 2 picks left in the draft, How is the undrafted free agent thing going to work?

BroncoMan4ever
04-14-2011, 02:00 AM
With only 2 picks left in the draft, How is the undrafted free agent thing going to work?

i am ready to roll. already got my choice all picked out and ready to go, just need to wait for 1 more pick to be made

BowlenBall
04-14-2011, 03:19 AM
I'll post the UDFA thread in a couple of hours....

JCMElway
04-14-2011, 10:46 AM
OK, that's it! The draft is complete, and in record time! We finished a full two weeks before the start of the actual draft, with a few hours thrown in to spare. A whole week for UDFA round? Greatness!

Thanks to everyone for being so on top of the draft and willing to pick up slack when needed. Can't wait til next year! The Raiders are OTC!

JCMElway
04-14-2011, 10:48 AM
The UDFA round has started! Please refer to the UDFA thread in the draft forum for details and get your PMs to Expatfan!

BowlenBall
04-14-2011, 11:07 AM
http://02varvara.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/01-thats-all-folks.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
04-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Tennessee Titans draft

1-4 Blaine Gabbert QB, Missouri
2-6 Allen Bailey DE, Miami
3-31 Casey Matthews ILB, Oregon
3-34 Virgil Green TE, Nevada
7-50 Anthony Allen RB, Georgia Tech
7-55 DeAndre Brown WR, Southern Miss

JCMElway
04-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Man. The draft is over. I feel so empty.......

Ha. I really do have nothing to do when I get on the Mane now. maybe I'll see if I can resurrect Survivor after I get married.......

randomtask
04-18-2011, 07:07 PM
The Washington Redskins 2011 draft class:

1-20(20) - Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
2-9 (41) - Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pitt
3-20(84) - Kelvin Sheppard, ILB, LSU
5-13(144) - Austin Pettis, WR, Boise State
5-20(151) - Tim Barnes, C, Mizzou
5-24(155) - Keith Williams, OG, Nebraska
6-12(177) - Cliff Matthews, DE, South Carolina
7-11(213) - Ray Dominguez, OG, Arkansas
7-22(224) - Mike Person, OG, Montana State
7-52(253) - Charlie Gantt, TE, Michigan State

OBF1
04-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Denver Broncos draft:

1-2(2) - Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
2-4(36) - Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA
2-14(46) - Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa
3-7(71) - Colin McCarthy, ILB, Miami(Fla.)
6-14(179) - Stevan Ridley, RB, LSU
6-24(189) - Vincent Brown, WR San Diego State.
7-2(205) - Chris Neild, NT, West Virginia
7-46(247) - Akeem Dent, LB, Georgia

Denver needs defense..... They did not disappoint

So Denver added the following via UDFA

Darvin Adams, WR Auburn
Julian Vandervelde, G Iowa
Marcus White, DE FL-ST
Orie Lemon, ILB OkSt
Josh Gatlin, CB N Dakota St
Brian Lainhart, FS Kent St
Nate Williams, SS Washington

We spent 64.7k on these players

meangene
04-21-2011, 04:37 AM

UDFA's:

Robert Hughes, RB, Notre Dame
Derrell Johnson-Koulianos, WR, Iowa
Kevin Hughes, OT, Southeastern Louisiana
Chris Stewart, OG, Notre Dame
Darrin Walls, CB, Notre Dame

JCMElway
04-21-2011, 07:01 AM
And with the FA signees.....

The San Francisco 49er 2011 draft:

1-7(7) : Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
2-13(45) : Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
2-21(53) : Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona
4-18(116) : Pernell McPhee, DE, Miss. State
5-10(141) :Terrance Toliver, WR, LSU
6-25(190) : Ugo Chinasa, DE, Oklahoma State
7-7(210) : Justin Rogers, CB/KR, Richmond
7-8(211) : Da'rel Scott, RB, Maryland
7-38(239) : Anthony Gray, NT, Southern Miss
7-49(250) : Zane Taylor, C, Utah
UDFA - Byron Maxwell, CB, Clemson
UDFA - Kai Forbath, K, UCLA
UDFA - Andre Smith, TE, Virginia Tech
UDFA - Josh Bynes, MLB, Auburn

Outstanding. We were able to add to our draft with some key needs. The kicker situation in San Fran is a mess, and I suspect that Forbath will come in and claim the spot easily. The receiving TE position is well solidified, but Andre Smith will be a tremendous addition as a blocking TE. Josh Bynes is a developmental guy, a real thumper at the ILB position. Currently a two-down kind of LB, he will provide nice depth inside.

And my favorite get of the UDFA round is Byron Maxwell, a special teams demon! Not enough attention is paid to guys who make their living doing the hard stuff on special teams, but Maxwell is that guy.
**Has 163 tackles, 10.5 tackles for loss, a sack, three interceptions, 20 pass breakups, and six caused fumbles in 1,440 snaps over 52 games (seven starts) in his career … aggressive cornerback who is a big reason Clemson has been in the top 25 in the nation in scoring defense, pass defense, and pass efficiency defense for the last three years … big contributor on special teams in his career; he has 44 career special teams tackles; a Clemson record his six career caused fumbles is among the top-10 figures in Clemson history … one of the hardest hitting defensive backs in the ACC **

Also, depth at CB for the 9ers does not suck.

I missed out on Justin Boern, Nate Williams, and Chris Prosinski. Williams and Boren I decided not to bid on, and I thought I could slip Prosinski under the radar. I just wanted to make sure I got my targets with solid bids. Wow, it feels nice to finally have a successful UDFA period!

BowlenBall
04-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers' 2011 Draft:

2(50): Dontay Moch, OLB, Nevada -- Better fit for the Steelers than most teams, will be a pro bowler in year 3
2(63): Ben Ijalana, OLT/OLG, Villanova -- Immediately improves the team at left guard, and can be a solid OLT in two years
3(83): Jerrel Jernigan, Slot Receiver, Troy -- Not a need, but too hot of a value in the middle of round 3
4(110): Lawrence Guy, 3-4 DE, Arizon State -- Like Moch, a perfect fit for the Steelers' system.
4(129): Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State -- Like Jernigan, adds some electricy to our 3rd down packages
5(142): Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina -- Massively undervalued 4-year starter at a major program
5(162): Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington -- Our 4th running back is better than your 4th running back
6(183): Martin Parker, DT/DE, Richmond -- Not a great fit for the Steelers, but can be a good backup at both DT and DE
6(196): Jah Reid, ORT/OLG -- The yen to Ijalana's yang, an immediate upgrade at RG with a bright future at RT
7(232): Nick Bellore -- My 'super-sleeper' for 2011, I love everything about this guy (except the beard)

UDFA: Vai Taua, RB, Nevada -- I officially have the best running back rotation in football now.
UDFA: Kyle Minnett, RB, South Dakota State -- Ditto. (gotta stash him on the practice squad, though)
UDFA: Andre Holmes, WR, Hillsdale -- intriguing prospect who has the measurables and the stats at a lower level
UDFA: Tysson Poots, WR, Southern Utah -- Marques Colston, version 2.0
UDFA: Daniel Hardy: TE, Idaho -- Missed 5 games last year, and STILL had 650 yards receiving
UDFA: Lee Smith, TE, Marshall -- The consensus best blocking TE in the draft, he's a lock to make the final roster
UDFA: Will Yeatman, TE, Maryland -- practice squad OT conversion project
UDFA: Johnny Culbreath, OT, South Carolina State -- Four-year starter, 6' 5", 321 pounds, ran a 4.92 40
UDFA: Ben Jacobs, ILB, Fresno State -- another four-year starter, another practice squad candidate
UDFA: Marc Schiechl, Colorado School of Mines -- a shot in the dark on a prospect with crazy measurables.
UDFA: Andrew Rich, SS, BYU -- Great size, 3-year starter, and 10 career interceptions = I'll take a chance on him
UDFA: Davonte Shannon, SS, Buffalo -- Another favorite of mine. 4-year starter, 4-time all-MAC first team, great measurables

I think this is my favorite draft in the four years that I've been participating. This year I tried to make a 'short board' of 3- and 4-year starters who had solid measurables as well, then followed my trade-down philosophy to add more picks in each round. Considering my highest original pick was #31, I think I added some juice to the Steelers' offense and really improved the back half of our roster.

Players I reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllly hope the Broncos take:
Dontay Moch
Jacquizz Rodgers
Martin Parker
Nick Bellore
Davonte Shannon

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Love your format, Expat, stealing it in just a sec

BowlenBall
04-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Love your format, Expat, stealing it in just a sec

Don't forget the "Players I reaaaaaaaallllllly hope the Broncos take" section at the end... LOL

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Arizona Cardinals Draft:

1-5(5) - Arizona (TheReverend): Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M - The perfect blitz pass rushing threat the Cardinals defense has needed
2-7(39) - Arizona (TheReverend): Christian Ponder, QB, FSU - Who I view as the most NFL ready QB. Very accurate and heady passer with enough arm to make any NFL throw. Comp to Drew Brees, imo.
3-14(78) - Arizona (TheReverend): James Carpenter, OT, Alabama - Grinder tackle, excels in run blocking and a great compliment to Levi Brown
4-6(104) - Arizona (TheReverend): Kris O'Dowd, C, USC - Polished, mean and experienced with fantastic measurables. Only available here because of nagging injuries throughout his career
4-15(113) - Arizona (TheReverend): DJ Williams, TE, Arkansas - Too good a receiving option to pass up. Smallish and not that powerful, but athletic enough to gain separation against LB's and S's and spread the field for Fitz and Breaston
5-5(136) - Arizona (TheReverend): Shareece Wright, CB, USC - Unremarkable but VERY solid corner. Should be able to play ST and nickel packages immediately and with good coaching, develop into a capable starter.
6-6(171) - Arizona (TheReverend): Evan Royster, RB, Penn State - the GREATEST RB of all time. Suck it.
6-19(184) - Arizona (from Philly via Tampa) (TheRev): Cedric Thornton, DT, Southern Arkansas - Fantastic developmental athlete to learn behind the NFLs best pair of 5 techs and with the emergence of Dan Williams, perhaps the best 3 down linemen rotation in the league.
7-48(249) - Arizona (Reverend): Ryan Whalen, WR, Stanford - Possession receiver to compliment Fitz, Breaston and DJ Williams

UDFA: Arizona (TheReverend): Boren, Justin G, Ohio State - Frankly I'm stunned he went undrafted and am certain he won't be next week. One of my sixth round targets and a great all around player and first team big-10.
UDFA: Arizona (TheReverend): Ollie Ogbu, NT, PSU - Another player that should be drafted next week. Only reason he hasn't seen national attention was executing an occupy blockers scheme with abysmal LB play behind him. Very stout and his height will keep him low to the turf but enough reach to play with leverage. At AZ's stacked NT position, I expect him to spend at least a year on the scout team behind the rotation of Dan Williams and Bryan Robinson on Sundays.

Landed lots of OL help, a great receiving TE to spread defenses, the most NFL ready, imo at least, QB, and the pass rushing 3-4 LB they've been waiting for.

Lots of 2nd half potential "reaches", but guys with a LOAD of flat out potential that I personally love as developmental prospects and depth like Wright, Royster, Thornton and Whalen and all should MINIMALLY be fantastic ST players.

Players I reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllly hope the Broncos take: :)
James Carpenter - Perfect fit as a grinder RT in a run first system. Will need TE help to assist pass pro on Tim's blindside
Evan Royster - Do I need to justify this machine? Top prospect heading into the season. Light measurables, but without a big FA signing, will DEFINITELY be a part of HB rotation and would not be surprised at all to see him starting.
Cedric Thornton - Great developmental DT prospect with solid coaching. Fits a penetrating scheme like Fox/Allen's to a T and considering our cupboard is so bare.
Justin Boren - low investment, high reward IOL help/depth and talented enough to push for PT
Ollie Ogbu - Another developmental DT prospect that has shown the willingness and ability to play a self-less role and play disciplines along the defensive front

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Don't forget the "Players I reaaaaaaaallllllly hope the Broncos take" section at the end... LOL

PS. I frown at your pray and spray approach to UDFAs. :(

BowlenBall
04-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Players I reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllly hope the Broncos take: :)
James Carpenter - Perfect fit as a grinder RT in a run first system. Will need TE help to assist pass pro on Tim's blindside
Evan Royster - Do I need to justify this machine? Top prospect heading into the season. Light measurables, but without a big FA signing, will DEFINITELY be a part of HB rotation and would not be surprised at all to see him starting.
Cedric Thornton - Great developmental DT prospect with solid coaching. Fits a penetrating scheme like Fox/Allen's to a T and considering our cupboard is so bare.
Justin Boren - low investment, high reward IOL help/depth and talented enough to push for PT
Ollie Ogbu - Another developmental DT prospect that has shown the willingness and ability to play a self-less role and play disciplines along the defensive front[/QUOTE]

This is the most interesting part (for me), because it shows which players you're really high on.... (sorry though, bud, but Evan Royster's 26th on my board)

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 11:18 AM
This is the most interesting part (for me), because it shows which players you're really high on.... (sorry tough, bud, but Evan Royster's 26th on my board)

Really high on that are low cost and fit both the system and need very well.

...and Royster at 26th for RBs?

http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-07-14/1247576947066.jpg

BowlenBall
04-21-2011, 11:25 AM
PS. I frown at your pray and spray approach to UDFAs. :(

I dunno... I think the approach has served me pretty well...

2008:
UDFA: Trevor Scott, LB, Buffalo
UDFA: Shawn Murphy, OL, Utah

2009:
UDFA: Kaluka Maiava, LB, USC
UDFA: Bernard Scott, RB, Abilene Christian

2010:
UDFA: John Connor, FB, Kentucky
UDFA: Cody Grimm, S, Virginia Tech

2011:
No idea, but I bet I hit on at least two...:pimp:

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 11:29 AM
I dunno... I think the approach has served me pretty well...

2008:
UDFA: Trevor Scott, LB, Buffalo
UDFA: Shawn Murphy, OL, Utah

2009:
UDFA: Kaluka Maiava, LB, USC
UDFA: Bernard Scott, RB, Abilene Christian

2010:
UDFA: John Connor, FB, Kentucky
UDFA: Cody Grimm, S, Virginia Tech

2011:
No idea, but I bet I hit on at least two...:pimp:

Little known/realized fact:

Ollie Ogbu is the reason Phil Taylor had to transfer from PSU to Baylor to get playing time.

BowlenBall
04-21-2011, 11:33 AM

Ollie Ogbu is the reason Phil Taylor had to transfer from PSU to Baylor to get playing time.

Interesting.... (scrambles to his copy of PFW's draft guide to do some research....)

meangene
04-21-2011, 11:37 AM

I thought he got kicked off the team due to an assault conviction?

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 11:45 AM
I thought he got kicked off the team due to an assault conviction?

No. That was Chris Baker. Remember my rants about him a ****ty human being when Denver actually selected him as an UDFA?

Do you think Taylor would be a potential first round pick in a deep DL class if he were kicked off PSU for being convicted of assault?

meangene
04-21-2011, 02:02 PM
No. That was Chris Baker. Remember my rants about him a ****ty human being when Denver actually selected him as an UDFA?

Do you think Taylor would be a potential first round pick in a deep DL class if he were kicked off PSU for being convicted of assault?

From NFLDraftScout.com

Taylor arrived at Penn State in 2006 as a highly-recruited star out of Gwynn Park High School in Clinton, Mary. His career at State College got off to a promising start as he earned playing time in the final seven games of his true freshman season.

A knee injury during preseason drills cost Taylor his starting job to current Miami Dolphin Jared Odrick entering the 2007 season. He returned to play 12 games, including starting the final five contests.

However, an off-field incident in October would prove to be the beginning of the end of Taylor's time in Happy Valley. He was involved in a fight during a fraternity function at the student union. A felony aggravated assault charge was dismissed, and Taylor was charged with simple assault. That led to a suspension in February and ultimately his dismissal from the football program.

Taylor transferred to Baylor and sat out the 2008 season, but began to show increased maturity as he was selected in the spring of 2009 to the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll. He played in all 12 games, including nine starts, as a junior, but didn't make a slew of impact plays.

It was his excellent 2010 season that put Taylor back on the map as an elite NFL prospect. He earned second-team All-Big 12 honors after making 62 tackles - the most by a Bears defensive lineman since Ethan Kelley in 2002 - to go along with seven tackles for loss and a pair of sacks.

Statistics don't tell the story with Taylor, however. He has a massive frame and extremely strong upper body, which makes him a rare natural fit as a 3-4 nose tackle in the NFL. And that's why 33 scouts flocked to Waco, Texas to watch his March 7 pro day. He impressed again, and has enjoyed an excellent pre-draft run that included strong showings at the Senior Bowl and the scouting combine.

If scouts are convinced Taylor's off-field immaturity is in the rearview mirror, his excellent strength and mobility for his size will push him close to the first round.

meangene
04-21-2011, 02:04 PM
From NFL.com:

Can play high at times. Won't chase down many plays or make many tackles outside the box. Doesn't have the first-stop quickness to consistently penetrate. Stamina is a concern. Has he has a tendency to wear down late in games and during long drives. Has some off-the-field issues and was dismissed from Penn State.

meangene
04-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Looks like Taylor and Baker were involved in incidents and given the boot at about the same time:

Joe Paterno Kicks Chris Baker, Phil Taylor off Penn State Football Team
By
Alex Ferguson
(Senior Analyst) on July 30, 2008

You're in the Penn State Channel.Next

Finally, Joe Paterno has had enough.

Penn State brawlers (and defensive tackles) Chris Baker and Phil Taylor, who were involved in off-field fights last year, were kicked off the team after fights last season.

According to the Associated Press, "Baker was sentenced to two years' probation in Centre County court in May for his role in two separate fights. He was allowed to work out with the team."

It added: "Taylor was sentenced to one year of probation for his role in a campus fight. He was not scheduled to rejoin the Nittany Lions until Aug. 16."

TheReverend
04-21-2011, 02:12 PM
From NFLDraftScout.com

Taylor arrived at Penn State in 2006 as a highly-recruited star out of Gwynn Park High School in Clinton, Mary. His career at State College got off to a promising start as he earned playing time in the final seven games of his true freshman season.

A knee injury during preseason drills cost Taylor his starting job to current Miami Dolphin Jared Odrick entering the 2007 season. He returned to play 12 games, including starting the final five contests.

However, an off-field incident in October would prove to be the beginning of the end of Taylor's time in Happy Valley. He was involved in a fight during a fraternity function at the student union. A felony aggravated assault charge was dismissed, and Taylor was charged with simple assault. That led to a suspension in February and ultimately his dismissal from the football program.

Taylor transferred to Baylor and sat out the 2008 season, but began to show increased maturity as he was selected in the spring of 2009 to the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll. He played in all 12 games, including nine starts, as a junior, but didn't make a slew of impact plays.

It was his excellent 2010 season that put Taylor back on the map as an elite NFL prospect. He earned second-team All-Big 12 honors after making 62 tackles - the most by a Bears defensive lineman since Ethan Kelley in 2002 - to go along with seven tackles for loss and a pair of sacks.

Statistics don't tell the story with Taylor, however. He has a massive frame and extremely strong upper body, which makes him a rare natural fit as a 3-4 nose tackle in the NFL. And that's why 33 scouts flocked to Waco, Texas to watch his March 7 pro day. He impressed again, and has enjoyed an excellent pre-draft run that included strong showings at the Senior Bowl and the scouting combine.

If scouts are convinced Taylor's off-field immaturity is in the rearview mirror, his excellent strength and mobility for his size will push him close to the first round.

Oh wow.

I guess I had totally forgotten he was involved. Thanks man and repped for correcting me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3510769

"Baker and Taylor were among those who were guilty in connection with a fight."

Brb, removing him from my draft board

meangene
04-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Brb, removing him from my draft board

Idk, it was a few years ago (he was what, 19 or 20) and he seems to have been clean since. Not like the Hampton kid this year who continued to get in trouble - Kenrick Ellis.

TheReverend
04-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Idk, it was a few years ago (he was what, 19 or 20) and he seems to have been clean since. Not like the Hampton kid this year who continued to get in trouble - Kenrick Ellis.

Baker "stayed clean" after it too. Doesn't change the fact that they almost killed someone.

Thanks yet again for reminding me Taylor was involved.

Killericon
04-26-2011, 11:57 AM
My picks:

1-13(13) - Tyron Smith, OT, USC
2-27(59) - Quan Sturdivant, LB, North Carolina
3-11(75) - Greg Jones, LB, Michigan State
3-27(91) - Ahmad Black, SS, Florida
4-10(108) - Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
5-23(154) - Andrew Jackson, G, Fresno State
7-30(231) - Curt Porter, OT, Jacksonville State
UDFA - Josh Portis, QB, California PA
UDFA - O.J. Murdock, WR, Fort Hayes State
UDFA - Daniel Kilgore, G, Appalachian State
UDFA - Matt Marcorelle, OLB, Delaware
UDFA - D.J. Smith, OLB, Appalachian State

24champ
04-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Shaub struggling? Say what? Jake Locker for the 2 second round picks WTF ???

This is a weird freaking draft. I have no idea what is going to happen next. KC pulls a Ditka for a CB who does not fit their system. BUF goes for a 4-3 DT while running a 3-4 base, then trades back up for a OT, but then picks a Stud DE. MIA who has holes everywhere but OT and has a franchise OT picks another franchise OT. ATL moves up to take a guy at 16 who I think will barely be top 50.

I am freaking lost ;D

Don't be mad because you blew your first on Locker.

I can't believe that Locker went in the first round and to the freaking Texans. 24Champ if you were the GM and this really happened the city of Houston would have you murdered.

Locker at #8 baby! Second QB off the board!

Haters gonna hate.

http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/012011/haters_gonna_hate-bit.gif

BowlenBall
04-28-2011, 06:08 PM

Haters gonna hate.

Yes, but not for the Texans..... #continuingtohate

Kaylore
04-28-2011, 06:14 PM

Haters gonna hate.

1. That just means you and the Titans are dumb.

2. Let's see if the Texans draft a QB at all in the draft. They certainly didn't seem to think it was a need in the first round.

:cowgirl:

24champ
04-28-2011, 08:23 PM
1. That just means you and the Titans are dumb.

2. Let's see if the Texans draft a QB at all in the draft. They certainly didn't seem to think it was a need in the first round.

:cowgirl:

Yeah but he was a top ten pick, out of the Texans range. I just drafted two top 15 players and didn't give up a lot for them. Win/Win for me.

Obviously, another NFL GM thinks he is TOP 10 material along with Mayock, who had him as the second best QB on his draft board. I also for the second year in a row, drafted the Texans first pick. Drafted Kareem Jackson in the second round last year for the Texans, and got JJ Watts at the same selection this year. ;D

TheReverend
04-29-2011, 08:38 AM
Bro, I'm pretty sure I'm coming off the best stretch in OM mock draft history.

You mad ALL of my picks in the first three rounds went in the first round?

TheReverend
04-29-2011, 10:32 AM
You must still be groggy -- you just selected James Carpenter in the 3rd round....

Sup ExpatFan?

24champ
04-29-2011, 11:47 AM
Bro, I'm pretty sure I'm coming off the best stretch in OM mock draft history.

You mad ALL of my picks in the first three rounds went in the first round?

Great draft. 3 top 25 draftees. ^5

TheReverend
04-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Great draft. 3 top 25 draftees. ^5

Let's see if I can get some of my late rounders off the board in the 2nd :)

BowlenBall
04-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Sup ExpatFan?

Hilarious!

rep

TheReverend
05-01-2011, 11:24 AM
Arizona Cardinals Draft:

1-5(5) - Arizona (TheReverend): Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M - Went #2 overall
2-7(39) - Arizona (TheReverend): Christian Ponder, QB, FSU - Went #12 overall
3-14(78) - Arizona (TheReverend): James Carpenter, OT, Alabama - Went #25 overall
4-6(104) - Arizona (TheReverend): Kris O'Dowd, C, USC - Undrafted. Massive whiff :(
4-15(113) - Arizona (TheReverend): DJ Williams, TE, Arkansas - 141 overall, turned out to be a mild reach
5-5(136) - Arizona (TheReverend): Shareece Wright, CB, USC - 89 overall, nice steal in the 5th
6-6(171) - Arizona (TheReverend): Evan Royster, RB, Penn State - 177 overall and taken by Bobby Turner :)
6-19(184) - Arizona (from Philly via Tampa) (TheRev): Cedric Thornton, DT, Southern Arkansas - Undrafted as expected
7-48(249) - Arizona (Reverend): Ryan Whalen, WR, Stanford - 167 overall, nice steal

Was a great draft. If I didn't have that glaring whiff on O'Dowd would've been damn near perfect, but what can you do.

eddie mac
05-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Patriots draft

Aldon Smith 1-17 drafted at 1-7 major steal
Mark Ingram 1-28 drafted at 1-28 good call wrong team
Marvin Austin 2-33 drafted at 2-52 bit of a slide
Danny Watkins 2-60 drafted at 1-23 major steal
Brandon Burton 3-74 drafted at 5-139 major reach
Marcus Gilbert 3-92 drafted at 2-63 good value
Edmond Gates 4-126 drafted at 4-111 value
Chris Hairston 5-159 drafted at 4-122 good value
Brandon Bair 6-193 went undrafted

Kealoha Pilares UDFA drafted at 5-132 major steal
Karl Klug UDFA drafted at 5-142 major steal
TJ Yates UDFA drafted at 5-152 major steal
Scott Tolzein UDFA went undrafted
Jonathan Nelson UDFA drafted at 7-229, value
Derrell Smith UDFA went undrafted
Jeff Tarpinian UDFA went undrafted
Colin Baxter UDFA went undrafted
Pep Levingston UDFA drafted at 7-205, value

All in all we had some value picks this year aside from Burton, Austin and Bair going undrafted plus 3 UDFA's landed in the 5th rd.

Only disappointment really is the fact that for the first time since I took over the Pats I did not nail any of their draft picks.

BowlenBall
05-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Steelers draft:

2(50): Dontay Moch, OLB, Nevada (drafted 3-73) -- bit of a reach
2(63): Ben Ijalana, OLT/OLG, Villanova (drafted 2-49) -- good value
3(83): Jerrel Jernigan, Slot Receiver, Troy (drafted 3-83) -- bullseye!
4(110): Lawrence Guy, 3-4 DE, Arizon State (drafted 7-233) -- major reach
4(129): Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State (drafted 5-145) -- pretty close
5(142): Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina (undrafted) -- DAMN IT! Flipped a coin between him and Jaiqwan Jarret. Whoops.
5(162): Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington (drafted 4-125) -- good value
6(183): Martin Parker, DT/DE, Richmond (undrafted) -- reach, but hoping he's a UDFA for the Broncos
6(196): Jah Reid, ORT/OLG, UCF (drafted 3-85) -- major steal, my best pick this year
7(232): Nick Bellore, ILB, Central Michigan (undrafted) -- missed, but I'll be vindicated when the real games start

UDFA: Lee Smith, TE, Marshall (drafted 5-159) -- major steal, relatively speaking
UDFA: Johnny Culbreath, OT, South Carolina State (drafted 7-209) -- value
UDFA: Daniel Hardy: TE, Idaho (drafted 7-238) -- value
UDFA: Vai Taua, RB, Nevada (undrafted)
UDFA: Kyle Minnett, RB, South Dakota State (undrafted)
UDFA: Andre Holmes, WR, Hillsdale (undrafted)
UDFA: Tysson Poots, WR, Southern Utah (undrafted)
UDFA: Will Yeatman, TE, Maryland (undrafted)
UDFA: Ben Jacobs, ILB, Fresno State (undrafted)
UDFA: Marc Schiechl, Colorado School of Mines (undrafted)
UDFA: Andrew Rich, SS, BYU (undrafted)
UDFA: Davonte Shannon, SS, Buffalo (undrafted)

Not a great draft for me this year, unfortunately.... might have to tweak my draft philosophy next year.

TheReverend
05-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Steelers draft:

2(50): Dontay Moch, OLB, Nevada (drafted 3-73) -- bit of a reach
2(63): Ben Ijalana, OLT/OLG, Villanova (drafted 2-49) -- good value
3(83): Jerrel Jernigan, Slot Receiver, Troy (drafted 3-83) -- bullseye!
4(110): Lawrence Guy, 3-4 DE, Arizon State (drafted 7-233) -- major reach
4(129): Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon State (drafted 5-145) -- pretty close
5(142): Deunta Williams, FS, North Carolina (undrafted) -- DAMN IT! Flipped a coin between him and Jaiqwan Jarret. Whoops.
5(162): Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington (drafted 4-125) -- good value
6(183): Martin Parker, DT/DE, Richmond (undrafted) -- reach, but hoping he's a UDFA for the Broncos
6(196): Jah Reid, ORT/OLG, UCF (drafted 3-85) -- major steal, my best pick this year
7(232): Nick Bellore, ILB, Central Michigan (undrafted) -- missed, but I'll be vindicated when the real games start

UDFA: Lee Smith, TE, Marshall (drafted 5-159) -- major steal, relatively speaking
UDFA: Johnny Culbreath, OT, South Carolina State (drafted 7-209) -- value
UDFA: Daniel Hardy: TE, Idaho (drafted 7-238) -- value
UDFA: Vai Taua, RB, Nevada (undrafted)
UDFA: Kyle Minnett, RB, South Dakota State (undrafted)
UDFA: Andre Holmes, WR, Hillsdale (undrafted)
UDFA: Tysson Poots, WR, Southern Utah (undrafted)
UDFA: Will Yeatman, TE, Maryland (undrafted)
UDFA: Ben Jacobs, ILB, Fresno State (undrafted)
UDFA: Marc Schiechl, Colorado School of Mines (undrafted)
UDFA: Andrew Rich, SS, BYU (undrafted)
UDFA: Davonte Shannon, SS, Buffalo (undrafted)

Not a great draft for me this year, unfortunately.... might have to tweak my draft philosophy next year.

3 of those guys end up starters and you did more than fine.

Last year mine looked like a horrid pray and spray of reaches after draft day, but then over half were starters and playing VERY well.

BowlenBall
05-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Patriots draft

Aldon Smith 1-17 drafted at 1-7 major steal
Mark Ingram 1-28 drafted at 1-28 good call wrong team
Marvin Austin 2-33 drafted at 2-52 bit of a slide
Danny Watkins 2-60 drafted at 1-23 major steal
Brandon Burton 3-74 drafted at 5-139 major reach
Marcus Gilbert 3-92 drafted at 2-63 good value
Edmond Gates 4-126 drafted at 4-111 value
Chris Hairston 5-159 drafted at 4-122 good value
Brandon Bair 6-193 went undrafted

Kealoha Pilares UDFA drafted at 5-132 major steal
Karl Klug UDFA drafted at 5-142 major steal
TJ Yates UDFA drafted at 5-152 major steal
Scott Tolzein UDFA went undrafted
Jonathan Nelson UDFA drafted at 7-229, value
Derrell Smith UDFA went undrafted
Jeff Tarpinian UDFA went undrafted
Colin Baxter UDFA went undrafted
Pep Levingston UDFA drafted at 7-205, value

All in all we had some value picks this year aside from Burton, Austin and Bair going undrafted plus 3 UDFA's landed in the 5th rd.

Only disappointment really is the fact that for the first time since I took over the Pats I did not nail any of their draft picks.

Very nice job in the UDFA round this year, E.M. Having three of them in the 5th round is nuts!

BowlenBall
05-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Arizona Cardinals Draft:

1-5(5) - Arizona (TheReverend): Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M - Went #2 overall
2-7(39) - Arizona (TheReverend): Christian Ponder, QB, FSU - Went #12 overall
3-14(78) - Arizona (TheReverend): James Carpenter, OT, Alabama - Went #25 overall
4-6(104) - Arizona (TheReverend): Kris O'Dowd, C, USC - Undrafted. Massive whiff :(
4-15(113) - Arizona (TheReverend): DJ Williams, TE, Arkansas - 141 overall, turned out to be a mild reach
5-5(136) - Arizona (TheReverend): Shareece Wright, CB, USC - 89 overall, nice steal in the 5th
6-6(171) - Arizona (TheReverend): Evan Royster, RB, Penn State - 177 overall and taken by Bobby Turner :)
6-19(184) - Arizona (from Philly via Tampa) (TheRev): Cedric Thornton, DT, Southern Arkansas - Undrafted as expected
7-48(249) - Arizona (Reverend): Ryan Whalen, WR, Stanford - 167 overall, nice steal

Was a great draft. If I didn't have that glaring whiff on O'Dowd would've been damn near perfect, but what can you do.

That's some hot drafting right there. Carpenter and Whalen were the most impressive for me -- I didn't see ANYTHING interesting in them, but you nailed it....

TheReverend, draft pimp:pimp:

phibacka31
05-01-2011, 08:53 PM
1-2(2) - Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama----Drafted #3 darn close
2-4(36) - Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA-----Drafted #45 litte early, but on the money with broncos!!!
2-14(46) - Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa-----Drafted #107.... Whoops!
3-7(71) - Colin McCarthy, ILB, Miami(Fla.)------Drafted #110... Whoops X2
6-14(179) - Stevan Ridley, RB, LSU-------Drafted #73 BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!
6-24(189) - Vincent Brown, WR San Diego State-------Drafted #82 Yeah Buddy!
7-2(205) - Chris Neild, NT, West Virginia----------Drafted #251 a little early
7-46(247) - Akeem Dent, LB, Georgia--------Drafted #91 Big WINNER!!!

UDFAs

Darvin Adams, WR Auburn
Julian Vandervelde, G Iowa--------Drafted #158 WINNING!
Marcus White, DE FL-ST----------Drafted #213 Another hit!
Orie Lemon, ILB OkSt
Josh Gatlin, CB N Dakota St
Brian Lainhart, FS Kent St
Nate Williams, SS Washington

Overall pretty dran good and got Rahim right in the 2nd round to the Broncs!
Air Five CBF1!

brncs_fan
05-01-2011, 09:10 PM
1-19(19) - Nate Solder, OT Colorado #17 Win!
2-15(47) - Mason Foster, OLB, Washington #84 Ouch!
3-19(83) - John Moffitt, OC/OG Wisc. #75 Value
6-20(185) - Cortez Allen, CB, Citadel #128 Epic Win!
6-33(198) - DeJon Gomes, SS, Nebraska #146 Win!
6-37(202) - Korey Lindsey, CB, S. Illinois #207 Minor Reach
7-19(221) - Graig Cooper, RB, Miami (FL) UDFA Minor Reach

UDFA:
McNeill, Mike (TE, Nebraska)
Larimore, Dexter (DT, Ohio State)
Wujciak, Alex (ILB, Maryland)

Outside of one pick I got some major value for my selections.

JCMElway
05-01-2011, 09:49 PM
1(7) Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska -- #19, a bit of a slide, -12
2(45) Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada -- #36, spot on for the team and value! +11
2(53) Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona -- #42, more value, +11
4(116) Pernell McPhee, DE, Miss. State -- #165, Miss of about a round or so, -49
5(141)Terrance Toliver, WR, LSU -- Undrafted
6(190) Ugo Chinasa, DE, Oklahoma State -- Also undrafted
7(210) Justin Rogers, CB/KR, Richmond -- #206, pretty damn close, +4
7(211) Da'rel Scott, RB, Maryland -- #221, Close in the 7th again, -10
7(239) Anthony Gray, NT, Southern Miss -- and again, undrafted
7(250) Zane Taylor, C, Utah -- 4th time is the charm, undrafted
UDFA Andre Smith, TE, Virginia Tech -- undrafted
UDFA Josh Bynes, ILB, Auburn -- undrafted
UDFA Byron Maxwell, CB, Clemson -- #173, nice get here, +82
UDFA Kai Forbath, K, UCLA -- undrafted

I'm a bit disappointed that my 4th and 5th rounders missed completely, but I'm not sad about the reasoning that led me to those picks. Their skill set would have worked well with what the 9ers needed. Ah well, maybe they make it as UDFAs and I can say, "See?? Told ya!"

Super stoked about Kaepernick and Reed, and only slightly disappointed that Prince slid. But he was the best corner available and the 9ers had the need. Actually, the 9ers followed my formula, only in reverse. They went pass rusher, QB, CB. I flipped the CB and pass rusher. Frankly, I like my selections of Prince and Reed better than Aldon Smith and Culliver.

Archer81
05-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Panthers draft.

2-2(34) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Phil Taylor, DT/NT, Baylor #21 overall to Cle

2-23(55) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Luke Stocker, TE, Tennessee#104 overall to Tampa

3 -1(65) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Kendrick Ellis, DT, Hampton #94 overall to NYJ

3-4(68) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Andy Dalton, QB, TCU #36 overall to Cinci

3-22(86) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Sam Acho, DE/LB, Texas#103 overall to Arizona

3-33(97) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Buster Skrine, CB/KR, Tenn-Chattanooga # 137 overall to Cleveland

4-1(99) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Greg Salas, WR Hawaii#112 overall to St Louis

4-21(119) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Jordan Todman, RB, Connecticut
#183 overall to San Diego

5-1(132) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Chris Rucker, CB, Michigan State
#188 overall to Indianapolis

5-4(135) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) (from Tampa) : Pierre Allen, DE, NebraskaUndrafted

5-9(140) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81):Denarius Moore, WR, Tennessee
#148 overall to Oakland

6-1(166) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Willie Smith, OT, East CarolinaUndrafted

6-22(187) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Charles Clay, FB, Tulsa#174 overall to Miami

6-38(203) - Carolina (Sirh81): Ronald Johnson, WR USC#182 overall to San Fran

7-21(223) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81): Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio Stateundrafted

7-43(244) - Carolina (Sirh81): Jerrard Terrant, S, Georgia TechUndrafted

Some whiffs, there.

24champ
05-01-2011, 10:35 PM
1(7) Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska -- #19, a bit of a slide, -12
2(45) Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada -- #36, spot on for the team and value! +11
2(53) Brooks Reed, OLB, Arizona -- #42, more value, +11
4(116) Pernell McPhee, DE, Miss. State -- #165, Miss of about a round or so, -49
5(141)Terrance Toliver, WR, LSU -- Undrafted
6(190) Ugo Chinasa, DE, Oklahoma State -- Also undrafted
7(210) Justin Rogers, CB/KR, Richmond -- #206, pretty damn close, +4
7(211) Da'rel Scott, RB, Maryland -- #221, Close in the 7th again, -10
7(239) Anthony Gray, NT, Southern Miss -- and again, undrafted
7(250) Zane Taylor, C, Utah -- 4th time is the charm, undrafted
UDFA Andre Smith, TE, Virginia Tech -- undrafted
UDFA Josh Bynes, ILB, Auburn -- undrafted
UDFA Byron Maxwell, CB, Clemson -- #173, nice get here, +82
UDFA Kai Forbath, K, UCLA -- undrafted

I'm a bit disappointed that my 4th and 5th rounders missed completely, but I'm not sad about the reasoning that led me to those picks. Their skill set would have worked well with what the 9ers needed. Ah well, maybe they make it as UDFAs and I can say, "See?? Told ya!"

Super stoked about Kaepernick and Reed, and only slightly disappointed that Prince slid. But he was the best corner available and the 9ers had the need. Actually, the 9ers followed my formula, only in reverse. They went pass rusher, QB, CB. I flipped the CB and pass rusher. Frankly, I like my selections of Prince and Reed better than Aldon Smith and Culliver.

I believe Prince will be a very solid CB in this league, my problem with this draft is that after Peterson and Prince, it drops off quite a bit. You wouldn't find value until 4th round so good selection if you wanted a potential starting CB. Brooks Reed was a good pick, projects to have a solid career in the NFL.

I wouldn't be too hard on your draft, considering a good chunk of your picks were at the end of the draft.

24champ
05-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Alright, here is the Texans draft review...

1-11(11) - Houston (24champ): J.J. Watt, DE/DT, Wisconsin.
Really nailed this pick. Fits in well with the Texans scheme and has a high motor and very good techniques.
Draft Value: Nailed pick

1-25(25) - Houston (24champ): Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Caught some flack for it, since Texans have Schaub, but really I thought Locker was the second, if not the top QB in this draft. Then again, I drafted Vince Young in 2006, so what do I know? Texans did take Terry Yates in the 5th round...meh.
Draft Value: Plus 17, drafted at #8 overall

4-8(106) - Houston (24champ): Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado
Solid Corner IMO, probably will last longer and have a better career than his troublesome CU counterpart, Smith. Reached a bit, but same round.
Draft Value: Minus 13, 4th Round selected at 118

5-7(138) - Houston (24champ): Sione Fua NT, Stanford
I knew Fua was going to be a third rounder, I am not surprised at this selection. He's going to be a solid NT.
Draft Value: Plus 41, 3rd Round selected at 97

6-13(178) - Houston (24champ): Colin Jones, S, TCU
Good, fast, physical safety. I got him around where he went.
Draft Value: Minus 12, 6th round selected at 190

7-12(214) - Houston (24champ): Ricardo Lockette, WR/KR, Fort Valley State
Reminds me of a dumb pick I made several years ago, selecting Drouzon Quillen out of Louisiana Monroe in the 2006 OM Draft. Lightning fast etc...and was never to be heard from after not being selected in the draft. That being said, everyone has a crap selection, and it appears that this is my crap selection.
Draft Value: minus 40, not drafted

7-53(254) - Houston (24champ): D'Aundre Reed, OLB, Arizona
Interesting prospect, didn't play a whole lot but probably could provide decent depth in the NFL. Took a flyer and got some good value out of it. Draft Value: Plus 39, 7th round selected at 215

Overall, a pretty good draft. 2 top 15 selections. Some solid picks and one complete bust.

GoHAM
05-02-2011, 08:49 PM
The Eagles Draft:

1-23(23) Mike Pouncey G Florida ---> # 15 Net: +8 Good Start
2-22(54) Curtis Brown CB Texas ---> # 95 Net: -41 1 round reach
3-21(85) Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma State ---> # 115 Net: -30 1 round reach
4-7(105) Tyler Sash SS Iowa ---> # 198 Net: -93 3 round reach, note to self: don't draft a slow white safety in the 4th round*
4-23(121) Mark Herzlich LB Boston College ---> Not drafted Net: -134 Still really shocked he didn't get drafted.
5-18(149) Jeremy Kerley WR TCU ---> # 153 Net: -4 Pretty much nailed it.
5-22(153) Chris Conte S California ---> # 93 Net: +60 *Unless the white safety is named Chris then you can draft him in the 3rd (Conte) or 4th (Prosinski)
7-25(227) Byron Stingily OT Louisville ---> # 175 Net: +52 Good Value
7-36(237) Mike Mohamed LB California ---> # 189 Net: +48 Good Value
7-39(240) David Carter DT UCLA ---> # 184 Net: +56 Good Value
UDFA Jerrod Johnson QB Texas A&M ---> Not drafted Net: 0
UDFA Josh Jasper K LSU ---> Not drafted Net: 0
UDFA Ricky Henry G Nebraska ---> Not drafted Net: 0
UDFA Colby Whitlock DT Texas Tech ---> Not drafted Net: 0
TOTAL VALUE -78

Recap: Don't ask me to draft rounds 2-4 as I overdraft by at least 1 round, sometimes 3, do let me pick the final 3 rounds as I can find decent values. Overall Herzlich really killed me, 20/20 hindsight and all, I'd still pick him where I did. I think he will be a solid contributor for many years in the NFL.

anton
05-02-2011, 10:37 PM
1-10(10) - Tampa Bay (Anton): Robert Quinn, DE, North Carolina went 14th to Rams
2-19(51) - Tampa Bay (Anton): Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pitt went 37th to Browns
4-19(117) - Tampa Bay (Anton): Nate Irving, ILB, N.C. State went 67th to Broncos.. i always get a solid Bronco late (Perrish Cox last year)
7-20(222) - Tampa Bay (Anton): Bilal Powell, RB, Louisville went 126th to Jets, but this wasnt my pick
7-37(238) - Tampa Bay (Anton): Maurice Hurt, OG, Florida

my first 3 picks of DE, DE, LB was exactly how Tampa started their draft.

would you guys rather have Quinn, Sheard, Irving or Clayborn, Bowers, Foster? Damn, if Bowers can give us even 2-3 years of top 10 production, he is a steal.