PDA

View Full Version : Official 2011 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

jebures
03-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Fantastic value there for the Jets

iforgotmypassword
03-07-2011, 08:53 PM
****balls**** I had a trade in place for 31 to nab kerrigan. I hope where ever J-dub is right now somethin real ****ty happens to him... like a flock of birds ****s all over his car... or he's wiping his ****ty ass he has ****ty toilet paper and then his hands gets all ****ty.

iforgotmypassword
03-07-2011, 08:54 PM
cause the toilet paper breaks.

JCMElway
03-07-2011, 08:59 PM
OK, I'm to bed. Requiem is OTC, and then srphoenix after him. G'night now!

OBF1
03-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Pick Req......

Requiem
03-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm just going to say that I just got reamed with my trade, as Kerrigan was my target. In the future, lets not let crap like that happen again. I'm about to make my selection.

iforgotmypassword
03-07-2011, 11:17 PM
what time u make the pick?? gotta post that guys.

BowlenBall
03-08-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm just going to say that I just got reamed with my trade, as Kerrigan was my target. In the future, lets not let crap like that happen again. I'm about to make my selection.

Had a feeling you were targeting Kerrigan -- was by far the best player on the board IMO, but I didn't see him as a fit with the Steelers defense.

Brandon Harris isn't a bad consolation prize, though -- was the top CB left on my board by far, and would have been off the board before you picked at #50.

Requiem
03-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Had a feeling you were targeting Kerrigan -- was by far the best player on the board IMO, but I didn't see him as a fit with the Steelers defense.

Brandon Harris isn't a bad consolation prize, though -- was the top CB left on my board by far, and would have been off the board before you picked at #50.

I actually thought Kerrigan had been drafted (even ahead of my original selection) which is why he was totally passed over. I saw he was there and struck the deal. Harris was the guy I had rated behind him on my board and the Bolts definitely could use another upgrade.

I'm not sure with Rivera going to Carolina how much their defense will change, but I'm fairly certain they play a lot more zone than they do man to man. Harris is a lot better 1-on-1, but he is not bad in zone either. I had him ranked considerably higher the other corners, and even ahead of Jimmy Smith who went before him.

I'm glad I got two players who I think can start for the Chargers right away. A lot of Chargers fans seem high on Wilkerson, because they see him as the best 3-4 DL after Dareus, Jordan and Watt -- as do I. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers move up from #18 to ensure getting Jordan or Watt.

On my board, Wilkerson was a slight reach but filled a big need for the Chargers. Trading up cost me a few picks, but I have Harris as mid-first rounder.

Still got another second and third to add a few more weapons to the team. Overall I feel comfortable, besides getting screwed over by the Jets. I knew that was going to happen.

Broncoman13
03-08-2011, 05:15 AM
Carmelo with the steal of the draft so far! Kerrigan is a stud and has people whispering behind the scenes. If he works out well at his proday he most likely moves ahead of Quinn. I think he is a top 15 pick. Awesome attitude, proven with great production, size and athleticism are good. Nice steal, this year's CM Jr.

Kaylore
03-08-2011, 05:16 AM
http://nerdreactor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Sc2-Kerrigan.jpg

srphoenix
03-08-2011, 05:31 AM
I also was hoping Kerrigan would drop just as BPA, but Heyward was much more of a need with Cullen Jenkins mostly leaving in Free Agency

JCMElway
03-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Round One done in 6 days, nice work everybody! Now let's do Round Two in 5 days!!!!!

Carmelo15
03-08-2011, 06:32 AM
I feel bad for Req I thought he might've been targeting Kerrigan too. I was actually deciding between him and Brandon Harris. I have Harris rated very highly above Jimmy Smith and even like him better than Prince. But the Jets have little need for another corner especially since I expect Cromartie to re-sign. Kerrigan was just better value for this team.

JCMElway
03-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Eddie mac/Broncoman OTC at 6:30 AM MST.

Mediator12
03-08-2011, 08:00 AM
I feel bad for Req I thought he might've been targeting Kerrigan too. I was actually deciding between him and Brandon Harris. I have Harris rated very highly above Jimmy Smith and even like him better than Prince. But the Jets have little need for another corner especially since I expect Cromartie to re-sign. Kerrigan was just better value for this team.

Hey, you did your job do not feel bad. Jdub just might have taken the highest rated player on the board too ;D Nice to have you back in the game Carmelo15. Now, no more Ditka's OK :strong:

TheReverend
03-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Maybe I get to play again today!

OBF1
03-08-2011, 09:28 AM
I am hoping we get to play today as well. I just do not get why it takes so long for people to make their selections. We have a list of maybe 8 players on a list and we will take them as our turn comes up.

DENVER IS READY TO PICK, lets move guys :)

Mediator12
03-08-2011, 09:43 AM
I learned a long time ago that with 32 people trying to draft, you are not going to move quickly! Too many people are just casual about the draft and doing this. They want to be involved and included, but its just not that important to them. For me, it's a serious Hobby and I am around here a lot during my day. For about half these guys, its a struggle to do this, let alone in a timely manner. It's an internet commitment ;D

eddie mac
03-08-2011, 10:09 AM
It's a lot more difficult too when you're co-GM and you have a different big board. We hope to have this resolved soon just waiting for Broncoman13 to get back online so we can discuss.

BowlenBall
03-08-2011, 10:14 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers and the U.S. ambassador to Ireland want you to hurry up and pick, eddie mac...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RaOrchOImw8/S0vZwwZhvII/AAAAAAAAcTU/alIUzwAdqW8/s400/Dan+Rooney,.jpg

eddie mac
03-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Pick in. I'm sure this one will bat some eyelids too.

OBF1
03-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Bat eyelids.... You A-hole I sent a PM to Med asking his opinion about Austin. I like this guy alot. This guy was the top rated tackle coming out of high school. 5 star rating by rivals. In college he did not disappoint until he got suspended for being a stupid kid. I think he got his sh it together now. Take a look at his combine numbers... SICK.

Excellent pick, I wanted this guy to fall to us.

TheReverend
03-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Pick in. I'm sure this one will bat some eyelids too.

Really like him, but the issues are pretty obvious too. Someone's going to take a flier on him. I don't think it'll be as early as 33, but I doubt he'd last past Denver's 2nd 2nd :)

eddie mac
03-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Bat eyelids.... You A-hole I sent a PM to Med asking his opinion about Austin. I like this guy alot. This guy was the top rated tackle coming out of high school. 5 star rating by rivals. In college he did not disappoint until he got suspended for being a stupid kid. I think he got his sh it together now. Take a look at his combine numbers... SICK.

Sorry mate, I was unsure whether he was a good fit despite Beli not touching him cos of the character issues. I was more raging at myself for not trading up 2 to Pitt to take Cameron, gutted I missed out on him. Too greedy cos I wanted Ingram too and thought I had to take him at 28 otherwise GB would've snapped him up.

Mediator12
03-08-2011, 12:18 PM

I sent you one back, and you would not have liked what I said anyway! This is a special character case to me. He not only screwed himself, but he screwed several teammates as well and eventually His whole team. The word selfish does not do him justice, narcissistic with borderline personality disorder is more like it!

The kid has all the physical tools, but he still does not flat out dominate either. He and Quinn should have been much better especially with the other talent they had around them. He freelances a lot and makes his mates clean up after him. Just not the guy I want to draft. Not worth the effort to me, because i doubt he can get over himself.

Mediator12
03-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Nice pick Chris. Taylor is a good get for CAR after checking out of the first round to accumulate picks.

OBF1
03-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Taylor was on the top of our draft board, nice pick up

Archer81
03-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Nice pick Chris. Taylor is a good get for CAR after checking out of the first round to accumulate picks.

Thanks. With Carolina I needed more picks then what they had to start with. I had players I liked at 1, but Car has holes and I figured I had a better chance to plug those holes with pretty good 2nd round depth. Also, I wanted to go down in Omane draft history as being half the reason a new rule about trading entire drafts is being considered.

:Broncos:

OBF1
03-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I am 99% sure I know who Denver is drafting, but I need confirmation from Phibacka to make it final. You will not be disappointed Denver fans :thumbs:

JCMElway
03-08-2011, 02:11 PM
It's a lot more difficult too when you're co-GM and you have a different big board. We hope to have this resolved soon just waiting for Broncoman13 to get back online so we can discuss.

Here's a thought/suggestion to all co-GMs. GET EACH OTHER'S PHONE NUMBERS. That can expedite communication between co-GMs in a hurry.

kaylore may I have your phone number please?

eddie mac
03-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Here's a thought/suggestion to all co-GMs. GET EACH OTHER'S PHONE NUMBERS. That can expedite communication between co-GMs in a hurry.

kaylore may I have your phone number please?

You wanna pay my phonebill for calls to the US then.LOL

OBF1
03-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Calls to the US/UK are .06 a minute

Broncoman13
03-08-2011, 03:05 PM
sorry EM, I am conducting an audit this week and have limited time to support.

As for Marvin Austin, I agree with what Med says regarding the character risk... I also wonder about the fit in the 3-4. That being said you cannot discount the fact that this kid is motivated to do well. Working out on his own for all of 2010 he went to the combine in great shape. His weight was right, he ran extemely well, and then threw up 38 reps at 225! His question marks are what drops him to the 2nd round, but you can bet somebody will take on those risks right around this area of the draft. For the Pats he projects to a 3-4 End even though he is more suited for the 3 tech in a 4-3. Talent wise we got a guy that is amongst the best in this draft.

Btw EM, you could offer the selection of Austin for CBF1's #36 and a swap of our 2nd rounders. That would give CBF the player he covets and allow you to pick the two guys on your big board closer to where they are slotted (IMO).

eddie mac
03-08-2011, 03:20 PM
sorry EM, I am conducting an audit this week and have limited time to support.

As for Marvin Austin, I agree with what Med says regarding the character risk... I also wonder about the fit in the 3-4. That being said you cannot discount the fact that this kid is motivated to do well. Working out on his own for all of 2010 he went to the combine in great shape. His weight was right, he ran extemely well, and then threw up 38 reps at 225! His question marks are what drops him to the 2nd round, but you can bet somebody will take on those risks right around this area of the draft. For the Pats he projects to a 3-4 End even though he is more suited for the 3 tech in a 4-3. Talent wise we got a guy that is amongst the best in this draft.

Btw EM, you could offer the selection of Austin for CBF1's #36 and a swap of our 2nd rounders. That would give CBF the player he covets and allow you to pick the two guys on your big board closer to where they are slotted (IMO).

Naw, we'll stick with Austin, time I took some risks in these mocks instead of going with the steadfast but predictable rookie.

eddie mac
03-08-2011, 03:20 PM
I was almost sure Denver would select another defender in that slot.

Broncoman13
03-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I like the position, also thought Moore showed well during his combine... but would he be a high 2nd round piock if there were any depth at the safety position this year? I really don't like this year's crop at the position, but good job getting the best safety in the draft for the Broncos!

OBF1
03-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Denver can not draft enough defense in my eyes. We have sucked for so long, it is time with the new regime to do an almost complete make over.

So far, Denver has picked the best defensive tackle in the draft, which I think is our biggest need. Then we have just added the #1 safety in the draft with a high charactor, very athletic guy in Rahim Moore... 6-1 200lbs Lets face it, Dawkins is old enough to be my twin brother, which is really too old for the NFL, Pair Rahim with Dawkins for 1 season to learn from one of the best in the league and he will be an impact player. We are on the way to repairing what has been broke for a real long time... Our next pick will continue the trend to redemption as required by John Elway :)

Rohirrim
03-08-2011, 04:04 PM
I love what Phibacka31/CBF1 are doing for the Broncos. Go defense! :thumbs:

phibacka31
03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
I love what Phibacka31/CBF1 are doing for the Broncos. Go defense! :thumbs:

:~ohyah!:

TheReverend
03-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn Cleveland...

BroncoMan4ever
03-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Come onnnnnnnnnnnnn Cleveland...

i have a trade proposed for that pick. so give the man time.

TheReverend
03-08-2011, 04:33 PM
i have a trade proposed for that pick. so give the man time.

If he doesn't want it, I'll take that deal

BroncoMan4ever
03-08-2011, 04:45 PM
If he doesn't want it, I'll take that deal

if he says no and doesn't take who i am targeting we have a deal

TheReverend
03-08-2011, 04:53 PM

I assume you primarily want to leap frog me, which is fine. There's several players I love on the board. Bumping back a slot for a 6th is fine by me.

TheReverend
03-08-2011, 05:15 PM

SSJ's pick is in, we got a deal (I bump down one pick for your 6th rounder--10th) or am I putting my selection in?

BroncoMan4ever
03-08-2011, 05:29 PM
SSJ's pick is in, we got a deal (I bump down one pick for your 6th rounder--10th) or am I putting my selection in?

let's do it. i am almost positive my guy isn't who you want, but i can't take the risk, too much potential with the guy

Broncoman13
03-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Really intrigued by Wilson, has anyone watched much of him? I did not see a single Illinois game this year and know nothing of him other than he worked out quite well at the combine. Any observations from the Maners?

TheReverend
03-08-2011, 05:35 PM
let's do it. i am almost positive my guy isn't who you want, but i can't take the risk, too much potential with the guy

Okay, we have it in the trade thread and both of us posting that we agree to the terms. I'm sure JCM won't mind if it keep it moving now that we've done that, so make your pick. If he gets mad that we didn't wait on him (no chance he will) he can yell at me :)

TheReverend
03-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Really intrigued by Wilson, has anyone watched much of him? I did not see a single Illinois game this year and know nothing of him other than he worked out quite well at the combine. Any observations from the Maners?

Very physical player, great tackler, gets physical with receivers trying to come over the middle, plays well in traffic, but slow in his reads and sometimes is flat out wrong.

I see him as a more physical DJ Williams.

BroncoMan4ever
03-08-2011, 05:41 PM
tennessee's pick is in, the cards are now on the clock

TheReverend
03-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Anddddddddddddddd we're off the clock.

Woop for Ponder and picking up a 6th in the process.

Mediator12
03-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Anddddddddddddddd we're off the clock.

Woop for Ponder and picking up a 6th in the process.

Great pick! I have wanted a great FSU QB for years, and he was it. As long as his injuries hold out medically, I agree he is going to be a steal. And, you got a free 6th rounder to boot!

Geez, it's nice being you isn't it :wave:

TheReverend
03-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Great pick! I have wanted a great FSU QB for years, and he was it. As long as his injuries hold out medically, I agree he is going to be a steal. And, you got a free 6th rounder to boot!

Geez, it's nice being you isn't it :wave:

Yup, I'm a pretty big Ponder fan, especially when his "competition" is ...mod edit, please no name dropping of undrafted players in the discussion thread! Quite frankly I'd rather hit a real prospect early and grab him in the 2nd :)

OBF1
03-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Denver was real high on Martez Wilson as well, We just thought that a good safety was more important at the time. Good aqusition for sure.

brncs_fan
03-08-2011, 06:48 PM
...when suddenly the mock found its legs and took off like a lightning bolt!

WABronco
03-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Wow you guys are bastards. Screw you randomtask! :)

Broncoman13
03-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Man the last three picks have been outstanding! Ponder will be very good, especially if you put him in a situation that includes throwing the ball to an all-pro WR like Fitz.

Williams is a CB that I like quite a bit. I see the CB class breaking down into three or four tiers. Williams is right there along with Smith and Harris, IMO. I'm a Horns fan so have watched him plenty. He doesn't get as much pub as Ross did, but he's just as good as he was coming out.

Baldwin is a remarkable athlete with superb size. His 4.5 speed on a 6'5 frame equates to a much faster player. He is very similar to Brandon Marshall except this kid really attacks the ball in the air. I knew the kid was a superb athlete, but I was shocked when he busted out with a 40" vertical at the combine. He is probably somewhere between Plaxico Burress and Brandon Marshall, hopefully with less "between the ears" issues! I had him on my short list as early as the Pats #28 pick! Plainly stated, if he played with a QB that could get him the ball he would be a lock for the first round and probably would have put up extraordinary numbers!

meangene
03-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Man the last three picks have been outstanding! Ponder will be very good, especially if you put him in a situation that includes throwing the ball to an all-pro WR like Fitz.

Williams is a CB that I like quite a bit. I see the CB class breaking down into three or four tiers. Williams is right there along with Smith and Harris, IMO. I'm a Horns fan so have watched him plenty. He doesn't get as much pub as Ross did, but he's just as good as he was coming out.

Baldwin is a remarkable athlete with superb size. His 4.5 speed on a 6'5 frame equates to a much faster player. He is very similar to Brandon Marshall except this kid really attacks the ball in the air. I knew the kid was a superb athlete, but I was shocked when he busted out with a 40" vertical at the combine. He is probably somewhere between Plaxico Burress and Brandon Marshall, hopefully with less "between the ears" issues! I had him on my short list as early as the Pats #28 pick! Plainly stated, if he played with a QB that could get him the ball he would be a lock for the first round and probably would have put up extraordinary numbers!

I think Williams could move to safety with his size and long arms. Sort of like Jenkins at NO. Seems like teams are going more and more to coverage guys at safety.

randomtask
03-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Wow you guys are bastards. Screw you randomtask! :)

Sorry dude, the value was way too good to pass up Baldwin there. Dude's a freak of nature that hasn't had a QB to throw him the ball his entire collegiate career. No way we could pass on that.

Though now that I think about it, there is another player still available that should have gone 10-15 spots ago...

JCMElway
03-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Folks, just a reminder; please, no name dropping of undrafted players in the discussion thread. Thanks!

WABronco
03-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Damn I missed it!

SoDak Bronco
03-08-2011, 08:30 PM
JCM, I wrote you back...let me know if that works...I'll need you to make that pick for me after the trade goes through

SoDak Bronco
03-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Vikings take the best TE prospect, this is going to be a nice offense once they trade next years 2nd rounder for Orton!!!

JCMElway
03-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Got your pick up, Meangene/ludo OTC at 11:43 PM EST.

24champ
03-08-2011, 09:23 PM
With the 39th pick in the OM NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals are proud to select the best QB in the draft:

Christian Ponder, FSU

http://www.vikingsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Christian-Ponder.jpg

Big enough arm to lay it up for Fitz. Accuracy Cam Newton would give up his rap career for. Football IQ and work ethic that Gabbert can only watch from his couch. And LOL at Locker being picked before him. The Senior Bowl MVP is the only QB in 2011 worth a crap in my opinion.

Pick made 8:43 EST

Jake Skelton loves this pick, means Job security for another season. Lawl at picking noodle arm there Rev. Oh and Senior Bowl MVP? Wow!

Recent QBs to win the Senior Bowl MVP are... Bobby Hoying, Pat Barnes, Dameyune Craig, Cade McNown, Chad Pennington, Charlie Frye, Pat White as the recent QBs to win the MVP. Cream of the crop, bro.

eddie mac
03-09-2011, 02:53 AM
Vikings take the best TE prospect, this is going to be a nice offense once they trade next years 2nd rounder for Orton!!!

What happened Shiancoe then???

Broncoman13
03-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Good value for Rudolph... Not sure he will go to the Vikes. If the Broncos pass on him at 36 I would be a little surprised and disappointed. But do agree we have lots of more pressing needs on defense. #1 TE in the draft or #1 Safety in the draft, what has more positional value?

TheReverend
03-09-2011, 04:55 AM
Jake Skelton loves this pick, means Job security for another season. Lawl at picking noodle arm there Rev. Oh and Senior Bowl MVP? Wow!

Recent QBs to win the Senior Bowl MVP are... Bobby Hoying, Pat Barnes, Dameyune Craig, Cade McNown, Chad Pennington, Charlie Frye, Pat White as the recent QBs to win the MVP. Cream of the crop, bro.

Don't be mad because you blew your first on Locker.

Kaylore
03-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Don't be mad because you blew your first on Locker.

Yeah. I'm not a big Ponder fan, and even I can see this pick was way better than trading up for Locker for the Texans in the freaking first round. And the reason was "leadership" so it basically was done on Locker's intangibles. 24, you're throwing stones from a glass house, my friend.

JCMElway
03-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Glad that it looks like Alex Smith will get another year in the bay. That gives Kaepernick time to get his mechanics together.

Thanks Kaylore, nice get there.

JCMElway
03-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get my pick in, folks. I meant to leave my pick with Expat and Eddie Mac, but I crashed out.. I hope the Broncos weren't up wanting to make their pick. I'll keep it going better next time......

Broncoman13
03-09-2011, 06:57 AM
The Broncos already blew it by not selecting Rudolph at 36... Moore would've been there right now (I think). No idea which way the Broncos are going right now, but I know who I'd pick if I were them. Willing to bet that CBF doesn't go the direction I'd go right now.

BowlenBall
03-09-2011, 07:13 AM
The Broncos already blew it by not selecting Rudolph at 36... Moore would've been there right now (I think). No idea which way the Broncos are going right now, but I know who I'd pick if I were them. Willing to bet that CBF doesn't go the direction I'd go right now.

No worries -- we got something like 14 picks in yesterday, and we all knew that you had said goodnight well before your turn.... For once, we actually needed to slow this thing down a bit!

I'm am pissed that you took Kaepernick, though... my favorite player in this draft... Reminds me of a better (yes, better) Josh Freeman.

JCMElway
03-09-2011, 07:18 AM
No worries -- we got something like 14 picks in yesterday, and we all knew that you had said goodnight well before your turn.... For once, we actually needed to slow this thing down a bit!

I'm am pissed that you took Kaepernick, though... my favorite player in this draft... Reminds me of a better (yes, better) Josh Freeman.

Thank Kaylore. He's the one that turned me on to the Nevada Kid. :strong:

JCMElway
03-09-2011, 07:26 AM
Broncos OTC at 9:20 AM EST.

meangene
03-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Some really nice 2nd round picks thus far. My favorites, taking into consideration value and fit, Taylor, Carter, Ponder, Houston and Kaepernick.

Rohirrim
03-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Damn. That's awful high for Kaepernick.

meangene
03-09-2011, 07:48 AM

Wait til his pro day. I think he will light it up.

Rohirrim
03-09-2011, 08:18 AM
Wait til his pro day. I think he will light it up.

I was impressed with his performance at the Senior Bowl, but Second Round for a guy who played at Nevada seems like a reach. You never know. I remember a TE from Savannah State... ;D

Mediator12
03-09-2011, 08:35 AM

Not when you need a Franchise QB. OK, maybe it is a little high ;D

Mediator12
03-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Let's go Broncos! You can do it!

Kaylore
03-09-2011, 08:41 AM

He's projected as a mid second to early third round pick. It's probably a few spots high, but it's not like we traded into the first to take a Jake Locker. ;D

Besides, the Niners have literally nothing and with Ponder off the board we had to make move while there was some guys left.

meangene
03-09-2011, 09:03 AM
I was impressed with his performance at the Senior Bowl, but Second Round for a guy who played at Nevada seems like a reach. You never know. I remember a TE from Savannah State... ;D

That will be quite a pro day at Nevada! Who'd a thunk it? Ha!

TheReverend
03-09-2011, 09:09 AM
He's projected as a mid second to early third round pick. It's probably a few spots high, but it's not like we traded into the first to take a Jake Locker. ;D

Besides, the Niners have literally nothing and with Ponder off the board we had to make move while there was some guys left.

Thought you weren't a big Ponder fan? :P

24champ
03-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Yeah. I'm not a big Ponder fan, and even I can see this pick was way better than trading up for Locker for the Texans in the freaking first round. And the reason was "leadership" so it basically was done on Locker's intangibles. 24, you're throwing stones from a glass house, my friend.

It was also done, based on talent. Ponder doesn't have much of it, Mayock clearly agrees with my assessment. Ha!

Arkie
03-09-2011, 10:52 AM
I was surprised to learn that Kaepernick had a stronger arm than Mallett at the combine.

TheReverend
03-09-2011, 10:56 AM
It was also done, based on talent. Ponder doesn't have much of it, Mayock clearly agrees with my assessment. Ha!

LOL

Define "talent" then? Is that how you term 4.5 and a strong arm?

Because then talent didn't mean **** for him all last season when he sucked week in and week out. Or when he blew all senior bowl week and did just as bad in the game. Mayock even said his footwork sucked, direct quote was "very poor", and Mayock has been his biggest supporter.

Ponder's got an arm plenty big enough for the NFL, same size, great mobility, way more accuracy and mentally far superior... and he didn't **** the bed his senior year and a full 10% more on his completion percentage.

Oh... and I didn't blow a 1st rounder OR have a pro bowl QB already on the roster! Ha!

24champ
03-09-2011, 11:27 AM
LOL

Define "talent" then? Is that how you term 4.5 and a strong arm?

Because then talent didn't mean **** for him all last season when he sucked week in and week out. Or when he blew all senior bowl week and did just as bad in the game. Mayock even said his footwork sucked, direct quote was "very poor", and Mayock has been his biggest supporter.

Ponder's got an arm plenty big enough for the NFL, same size, great mobility, way more accuracy and mentally far superior... and he didn't **** the bed his senior year and a full 10% more on his completion percentage.

Oh... and I didn't blow a 1st rounder OR have a pro bowl QB already on the roster! Ha!

Senior Bowl doesn't mean squat as far as evaluating QB's. You put way too much stock into that. If you recall, Tebow had a craptastic Senior Bowl as well, he was selected in the first round...lot of people forget that. You would have been better off taking Kaylore's QB. He might have a shot at being something, along with another QB still on the board. Ponder is full of suck.

Funny thing is the QBs that did perform well in the Senior Bowl and getting MVPs, didn't produce much of a career in the NFL, that is if you want to call them careers. Far as Mayock goes, he calls Locker top-15 in talent, and has him #2 among QBs. The big issue is inside the pocket throws, which Kubiak would certainly help him in that regard. Locker is essentially going to need work while Schaub has to prove he can be a winner.

But anyway, lot of people starting to sound an awful lot like Ralph Wilson complaining after the draft last year. Hilarious!

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/6e/82/ff1cae0f4bcfa4b9df0adbc6b0ae.jpeg

TheReverend
03-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Senior Bowl doesn't mean squat as far as evaluating QB's. You put way too much stock into that. If you recall, Tebow had a craptastic Senior Bowl as well, he was selected in the first round...lot of people forget that. You would have been better off taking Kaylore's QB. He might have a shot at being something, along with another QB still on the board. Ponder is full of suck.

Funny thing is the QBs that did perform well in the Senior Bowl and getting MVPs, didn't produce much of a career in the NFL, that is if you want to call them careers. Far as Mayock goes, he calls Locker top-15 in talent, and has him #2 among QBs. The big issue is inside the pocket throws, which Kubiak would certainly help him in that regard. Locker is essentially going to need work while Schaub has to prove he can be a winner.

But anyway, lot of people starting to sound an awful lot like Ralph Wilson complaining after the draft last year. Hilarious!

http://media.thestar.topscms.com/images/6e/82/ff1cae0f4bcfa4b9df0adbc6b0ae.jpeg

I think it's your justification that has people laughing...

1. You still didn't explain why you think Locker is so much more talented, other than citing Mayock's rankings.

2. Schaub was the leading passer and a pro bowler in 2009. This year his top target missed 3 games and he still had an outstanding season over 4300 yards and a 2:1 TD:INT ratio, along with an outstanding completion %.

3. Your justification was "He hasn't won squat", yet as GM you're perpetuating that problem by heavily re-investing into that position and not building the team around him.

24champ
03-09-2011, 12:06 PM
1. You still didn't explain why you think Locker is so much more talented, other than citing Mayock's rankings.

He throws well on the run, Shanahan has raved about him and might even select him at 10. He would fit in well with the WCO. Plus he has a big arm. He's been compared to Plummer, which despite Plummer's weaknesses, Plummer had a great W-L record, and went to the 2005 AFC Championship Game. Who was he coached under? Kubiak.

2. Schaub was the leading passer and a pro bowler in 2009. This year his top target missed 3 games and he still had an outstanding season over 4300 yards and a 2:1 TD:INT ratio, along with an outstanding completion %.

3. Your justification was "He hasn't won squat", yet as GM you're perpetuating that problem by heavily re-investing into that position and not building the team around him.

I don't know about heavily investing into one position, I already selected JJ Watts and I prefer quality over quantity. As far as stats go, it is similar to the Orton situation, we can rattle off stats. That's fine, but really you need a QB with that killer instinct and is a winner. Does Schaub possess those qualities? Schaub is great for Fantasy Football, but this isn't a draft for that. Again I am not saying Locker is going to start right off the bat, I would think he would carry the clipboard and learn and work on his mechanics with Kubes.

BTW, There's still plenty of draft picks for the Texans and possibly more will be added later.

iforgotmypassword
03-09-2011, 12:46 PM
it's pretty simple. locker in the first, not winning. locker to the texas, bi-not winning.

meangene
03-09-2011, 01:20 PM
All I know is that Kaepernick pick must have thrown the Broncos war room for a loop - been on the clock all day! Hilarious!

srphoenix
03-09-2011, 02:01 PM
lol, dammit, to think we could've run the two QB spread throw option with him and Tebow in the backfield.

meangene
03-09-2011, 02:02 PM
lol, dammit, to think we could've run the two QB spread throw option with him and Tebow in the backfield.

Would have revolutionized the game as we know it! Ha!

TheReverend
03-09-2011, 02:09 PM

Houston is workin on it. I heard from inside sources they're looking to trade back up ....stop name dropping, dammit!

24champ
03-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Houston is workin on it. I heard from inside sources they're looking to trade back up .......

Houston is reviewing the Senior Bowl tape, per the advice of the Cardinals GM. Because the Cardinals GM believes that's where you find elite QB talent like Cade McNown, Pat White etc.

OBF1
03-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Denver is going to a 4-3 scheme, a big DE was needed to go along with Doom and Ayers. We feel that the 3 year varsity starter will be a good addition to the Denver Broncos Defense. We were hoping that either Martez Wilson or Ruldoph would fall to #46, but as we know, they went well ahead of that pick.

TheReverend
03-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Houston is reviewing the Senior Bowl tape, per the advice of the Cardinals GM. Because the Cardinals GM believes that's where you find elite QB talent like Cade McNown, Pat White etc.

Putting words into my mouth, when you could just look at their 2010 season...

It's okay though... Schaub hasn't "won anything" like you said, so you want the guy with "killer instinct", as you put it, that can lead his team to a 7-6 record as a ****ing senior in the goddamn Pac-10 and ensure his team isn't ranked Hilarious!

jebures
03-09-2011, 03:03 PM

I was going to take him at 49 if he was there

24champ
03-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Schaub hasn't "won anything" like you said, so you want the guy with "killer instinct", as you put it, that can lead his team to a 7-6 record as a ****ing senior in the goddamn Pac-10 and ensure his team isn't rankedOn September 19, 2009, Locker led the unranked Washington Huskies to a 16-13 victory over the 3rd ranked USC Trojans. Late in the 4th quarter, Locker engineered a 68 yard drive, with the game tied at 13-13, that ended with a 22 yard field goal with 3 seconds remaining that put the Huskies up 16-13.

Also Locker led UW to their first bowl win in 10 years, finishing out the season with 4 straight wins. It's not like Locker had a bunch of talent around him either, his school isn't a PAC-10 powerhouse. His school went 5-7 the year before and he was considered a #1 pick. Schefter posted on his Twitter page that an anonymous NFL GM, in speaking with ESPN NFL analyst Chris Mortensen, told Mortensen that Locker is "a bigger, taller, right-handed version of Steve Young."

Meanwhile, I can look at Schaub and see a few games where he blew it. For example, MNF game vs the Ravens.

Archer81
03-09-2011, 03:17 PM
On September 19, 2009, Locker led the unranked Washington Huskies to a 16-13 victory over the 3rd ranked USC Trojans. Late in the 4th quarter, Locker engineered a 68 yard drive, with the game tied at 13-13, that ended with a 22 yard field goal with 3 seconds remaining that put the Huskies up 16-13.

Also Locker led UW to their first bowl win in 10 years, finishing out the season with 4 straight wins. It's not like Locker had a bunch of talent around him either, his school isn't a PAC-10 powerhouse. His school went 5-7 the year before and he was considered a #1 pick. Schefter posted on his Twitter page that an anonymous NFL GM, in speaking with ESPN NFL analyst Chris Mortensen, told Mortensen that Locker is "a bigger, taller, right-handed version of Steve Young."

Meanwhile, I can look at Schaub and see a few games where he blew it. For example, MNF game vs the Ravens.

Schaub also got the Texans into position to win that game as well. Crazy **** happens in the nfl.

Broncoman13
03-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Nice pick by CBF1 for the Broncos. I can tell you've been talking to Med as he has been talking Ballard up for some time now... He was high on him back in early December when we talked. Great get in the middle of round two.

OBF1
03-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Nice pick by CBF1 for the Broncos. I can tell you've been talking to Med as he has been talking Ballard up for some time now... He was high on him back in early December when we talked. Great get in the middle of round two.

Thanks for the praise... but Med asks for my advice on drafts. ROFL! Actully Ballard was the only player left from Phibacka and I original draft board from day one.

BroncoMan4ever
03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Schaub also got the Texans into position to win that game as well. Crazy **** happens in the nfl.

damn are we really still going on about the Locker/Schaub debate here?

some people are analyzing this pick like their lives depend on it.

eddie mac
03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
If the Broncos come out of this draft with Dareus, Moore and Ballard I'd be well pleased but we all know damn ****ing well that'll never happen.

So far I'm pretty pleased with the Pats draft. 2 solid value picks in Aldon Smith at 17 and Ingram at 28 (both of whom I believe will be drafted well before those slots) and then we took a flier on Austin at 33.

BroncoMan4ever
03-09-2011, 05:44 PM
If the Broncos come out of this draft with Dareus, Moore and Ballard I'd be well pleased but we all know damn ****ing well that'll never happen.

So far I'm pretty pleased with the Pats draft. 2 solid value picks in Aldon Smith at 17 and Ingram at 28 (both of whom I believe will be drafted well before those slots) and then we took a flier on Austin at 33.

if Denver pulled off the 1st 2 rounds with Dareus, Moore and Ballard i would be insanely happy.

JCMElway
03-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I think we jumped a bit a Kaepernick, but the QB pickings were getting very thin, and we had to have a guy that at least had potential to be a starter in this league. Rolling the dice with some of the other QB talent out there did not appeal to us. QB was one of the most glaring needs on this team and we went with our guy, and only minorly reached. We're super pleased with the draft so far.

We have a name we're looking at and may need to trade up for, so Kahn and I are keeping our eyes open....

Rugbythug is OTC at 9:11 PM EST.

Mediator12
03-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I think we jumped a bit a Kaepernick, but the QB pickings were getting very thin, and we had to have a guy that at least had potential to be a starter in this league. Rolling the dice with some of the other QB talent out there did not appeal to us. QB was one of the most glaring needs on this team and we went with our guy, and only minorly reached. We're super pleased with the draft so far.

We have a name we're looking at and may need to trade up for, so Kahn and I are keeping our eyes open....

Rugbythug is OTC at 9:11 PM EST.

How far are you needing to jump? 53 may be in play if things transpire the way I think they will in the next 6 picks. We could work out a deal on contingency.

Carmelo15
03-10-2011, 12:21 AM
I had no problem with the Kaepernick pick at all. That was a good pick and he has a legit shot at being the 3rd QB drafted in April. I could see him going as high as 26 to Seattle. I was not much of a fan of Prince at 7. It wasn't a bad pick, I just thought Robert Quinn would've been a better pick.

I don't like Rahim Moore over Martez Wilson at 36 for the Broncos. Not a big fan of Moore from what I've seen. CBF1 good thing I pulled a Ditka for Peterson because is you had taken him at #2 it looks like you would've been SOL as far as grabbing a lineman at 36. You would've had to go in another direction or really reach on a D-lineman at 36 haha

BroncoMan4ever
03-10-2011, 01:12 AM
I had no problem with the Kaepernick pick at all. That was a good pick and he has a legit shot at being the 3rd QB drafted in April. I could see him going as high as 26 to Seattle. I was not much of a fan of Prince at 7. It wasn't a bad pick, I just thought Robert Quinn would've been a better pick.

I don't like Rahim Moore over Martez Wilson at 36 for the Broncos. Not a big fan of Moore from what I've seen. CBF1 good thing I pulled a Ditka for Peterson because is you had taken him at #2 it looks like you would've been SOL as far as grabbing a lineman at 36. You would've had to go in another direction or really reach on a D-lineman at 36 haha

this is exactly what will happen in the real draft in Denver takes Peterson at 2

eddie mac
03-10-2011, 02:16 AM
Only 2 picks in 24 hours???

Some GM's need a good boot up the arse in this.

BowlenBall
03-10-2011, 02:56 AM

Agreed -- if you're gonna be away from the computer for a while, you can send your picks to JCMElway, eddie mac, or me, and we'll post your pick for you.

meangene
03-10-2011, 03:04 AM

Yep. Hyper-speed on Tuesday night to snail pace on Wednesday.

As the clock ticks down on the Fade...

Mediator12
03-10-2011, 05:55 AM
Rugbythug has 20 minutes to pick or he will be skipped.... Come ON GM's.

JCMElway
03-10-2011, 06:14 AM
I have a contingency plan for Rthug if he doesn't come in. It involves a co-gm. If Thug doesn't make the pick Schaaf is taking over the Raiders.

SRphoenix and the pack are OTC, 9:11 AM EST.

srphoenix
03-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up that I could draft, was hoping to get my pick in before my flight. Glad I was able to trade up and get torrey smith, regarded by many as the third best receiver in the draft and a great deep threat to pair with jennings. James jones was inconsistent at best and is a free agent and driver is getting quite old and lost a step towards the end of the season. Hopefully rodgers just got yet another weapon!

Smith is also a top flight return man something thr packers have been lacking since desmond howard.

rugbythug
03-10-2011, 06:34 AM
I have a contingency plan for Rthug if he doesn't come in. It involves a co-gm. If Thug doesn't make the pick Schaaf is taking over the Raiders.

SRphoenix and the pack are OTC, 9:11 AM EST.

Little hasty isn't it?

meangene
03-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Little hasty isn't it?

Dude, you have been on the clock for over twelve hours.

eddie mac
03-10-2011, 06:37 AM
Little hasty isn't it?

You could've pm'ed any of the 3 guys running this mock with your pick RT.

JCMElway
03-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Dude, you have been on the clock for over twelve hours.

And I PMed a group of guys, including him, that he was coming up and to watch the draft closely.

That being said, I told Rthug that he could put his pick in and participate if he wanted to. We'll see what happens.

JCMElway
03-10-2011, 06:46 AM
OK, Rugbythug made his pick, thanks to Schaaf for being willing to help out. That won't be forgotten!

Onward....

Expat is OTC at 9:40 AM EST.

meangene
03-10-2011, 07:26 AM
And I PMed a group of guys, including him, that he was coming up and to watch the draft closely.

That being said, I told Rthug that he could put his pick in and participate if he wanted to. We'll see what happens.

It's a thankless job you have, JCM! :approve:

TheReverend
03-10-2011, 08:29 AM
It's a thankless job you have, JCM! :approve:

It really is, and he does a great job with it too.

BowlenBall
03-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Been a fan of Dontay Moch for a couple of months now -- love it when a player has both the measurables AND the stats. The Steelers will give him a year or two to develop as an OLB and put on another 10 pounds of muscle, then will unleash holy hell in their LeBeau zone blitz system in 2013.

An interesting comparison between Von Miller and Dontay Moch:

Von Miller
33 career sacks
51 career tackles for loss
6' 3", 246 pounds
4.51 40 yard dash
20 yard split: 2.57
10 yard split: 1.57
21 reps on the bench
37" vertical
10' 6" broad jump
4.06 shuttle
6.70 cone

Dontay Moch
30 career sacks
60.5 career tackles for loss
6' 2", 248 pounds
4.45 40 yard dash
20 yard split: 2.53
21 reps on the bench
42" vertical
10' 8" broad jump
4.38 shuttle
7.09 cone

eddie mac
03-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Been a fan of Dontay Moch for a couple of months now -- love it when a player has both the measurables AND the stats. The Steelers will give him a year or two to develop as an OLB and put on another 10 pounds of muscle, then will unleash holy hell in their LeBeau zone blitz system in 2013.

Von Miller
33 career sacks
6' 3", 246 pounds
4.51 40 yard dash
21 reps on the bench
37" vertical
10' 6" broad jump
4.06 shuttle
6.70 cone

Dontay Moch
30 career sacks
6' 2", 248 pounds
4.45 40 yard dash
21 reps on the bench
42" vertical
10' 8" broad jump
4.38 shuttle
7.09 cone

A lot of analysts see Moch as a future ILB after getting his tires treaded at OLB first.

schaaf
03-10-2011, 08:48 AM
The only knock on Dontay Moch that i've seen is that he lacks insticts...

I wouldn't mind if the Broncos took a flyer on him in the late second or with their third.

TheReverend
03-10-2011, 08:49 AM

Von Miller
33 career sacks
6' 3", 246 pounds
4.51 40 yard dash
21 reps on the bench
37" vertical
10' 6" broad jump
4.06 shuttle
6.70 cone

Dontay Moch
30 career sacks
6' 2", 248 pounds
4.45 40 yard dash
21 reps on the bench
42" vertical
10' 8" broad jump
4.38 shuttle
7.09 cone

Like Dontay Moch and the pick itself a lot... but the comparison is a little quirky considering Miller was only used as a pass rusher his junior and senior years, so comparing 2 years of stats vs 4 (probably 3.5 more accurately for Moch) is a touch skewed.

Great selection with a potentially very bright future though, but I'm not sure what you do with Harrison/Woodley who both had fantastic seasons off the edge.

BowlenBall
03-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Like Dontay Moch and the pick itself a lot... but the comparison is a little quirky considering Miller was only used as a pass rusher his junior and senior years, so comparing 2 years of stats vs 4 (probably 3.5 more accurately for Moch) is a touch skewed.

Great selection with a potentially very bright future though, but I'm not sure what you do with Harrison/Woodley who both had fantastic seasons off the edge.

The Steelers traditionally take the BPA, so I think they'd probably do something similar if they were in this slot even if OLB isn't one of their top 3 needs. They tend to sit all of their players for at least a year before working them into the lineup -- I think Harrison is 35 or 36 years old now, so I can see them grooming Moch as his replacement.

Moch was a starter for 3 years (didn't start at all his freshman year), and Miller was a starter for 2 years. But isn't that an arguement in favor of Moch, not against?

TheReverend
03-10-2011, 09:05 AM
The Steelers traditionally take the BPA, so I think they'd probably do something similar if they were in this slot even if OLB isn't one of their top 3 needs. They tend to sit all of their players for at least a year before working them into the lineup -- I think Harrison is 35 or 36 years old now, so I can see them grooming Moch as his replacement.

Moch was a starter for 3 years (didn't start at all his freshman year), and Miller was a starter for 2 years. But isn't that an arguement in favor of Moch, not against?

Farrior is the 36 year old. Harrison is "only" (lol) 32. Doesn't matter. Good player and there's two spots on the defense he has the tools to play to be groomed for. Good job, imo, Expat

OBF1
03-10-2011, 10:26 AM
The only knock on Dontay Moch that i've seen is that he lacks insticts...
I wouldn't mind if the Broncos took a flyer on him in the late second or with their third.

I would throw up all over my TV if Denver wasted a 2nd round pick on Moch, We do not have enough good players or draft picks to be wasting them on projects.

Mediator12
03-10-2011, 07:35 PM
I like Dontay Moch, but he reminds me of Quincy Black of Tampa Bay. Outstanding athleticism coming out of a small western school, but took 3-4 years to really contribute. I'll pass on that in the second round as well.

BowlenBall
03-10-2011, 07:49 PM
I like Dontay Moch, but he reminds me of Quincy Black of Tampa Bay. Outstanding athleticism coming out of a small western school, but took 3-4 years to really contribute. I'll pass on that in the second round as well.

Quincy Black career college sacks: 1

Dontay Moch career college sacks: 30

Yeah, they're a lot alike....

Mediator12
03-10-2011, 08:14 PM

He still reminds me of him. A little different position wise, but still a learning curve to play with the big boys.

TheReverend
03-10-2011, 08:15 PM

I think he means that he's an athlete without any real experience at the position he'd most likely be playing in the pros. I think Moch is a lot more polished as a defender than Black was, but he'll probably need some time.

BowlenBall
03-10-2011, 08:18 PM
On a different note -- when is San Fran gonna make their pick? We need another streak like two days ago, when we had 12 picks in 24 hours....

BowlenBall
03-10-2011, 08:25 PM
I really like Drek's pick of Rodney Hudson -- I know he's a bit undersized, but man, can he play. Would have been my next pick at #61....

JCMElway
03-10-2011, 08:26 PM
OK, fellas, Gowyo is on the clock. Kaylore and I take a break for a loooong time now....

It took a bit of doing, but OLB is a severe need for the 9ers. Kahn and I have been real happy about the holes we have plugged for San Fran.

Mediator12
03-10-2011, 08:30 PM
I really like Drek's pick of Rodney Hudson -- I know he's a bit undersized, but man, can he play. Would have been my next pick at #61....

For the Steelers? They are an angle blocking team almost exlusively and I really do not think he could play guard for them or even Center. In the right system, I really like him too. He is a lot more than his size, but he would not fit a power run team at all IMHO.

BowlenBall
03-10-2011, 08:42 PM
For the Steelers? They are an angle blocking team almost exlusively and I really do not think he could play guard for them or even Center. In the right system, I really like him too. He is a lot more than his size, but he would not fit a power run team at all IMHO.

I'm not so sure.... the more tape I watched of Hudson, the more impressed I was. Dude's technique is incredible, and he seems to play about 30 pounds heavier than he is. (think one of the draft gurus actually said that on one website).

I agree he'd be a better fit for a ZBS team, but looks like he could play in any system, IMO.

ZONA
03-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Dare I say round 2 is taking just as long if not longer then round 1 :oyvey:

Drek
03-11-2011, 04:06 AM

I'm a bit concerned on how well he'll fit in McDaniels' power run scheme myself, but I really liked how he got his weight up to 299 for the combine and still moved well in drills. Plus lets be honest, with McDaniels the Rams are going to be chucking it down field a ton so Bradford needs a ready to contribute technician at OG. Even if he struggles in run blocking he'll be an upgrade over one of the Goldberg/Bell duo. If John Greco's transition to OG builds on last year he could be one answer but they can't wait on someone to learn technique for the other guard spot now that the light looks like its starting to come on for Saffold and Smith.

JCMElway
03-11-2011, 06:55 AM
Dare I say round 2 is taking just as long if not longer then round 1 :oyvey:

Well, we can't go too fast, because we may need to pause the draft at the end of the third round in order to see what the league is going to do with the comp picks.

Anyone hear anything on this topic?

JCMElway
03-11-2011, 07:42 AM
There go all the OLBers. It's a run on pass rushers!

ColoradoBuff
03-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Bruce Carter should be able to contribute early and often for the Saints on Defense and Special teams.

WABronco
03-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Sorry guys I'll have a pick in later this afternoon gotta run to class.

Killericon
03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Bruce Carter should be able to contribute early and often for the Saints on Defense and Special teams.

I offered ColoradoBuff a 7th to move up to his spot to get my guy, he countered with a 6th, I balked, and he took my guy.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leutioX0PS1qf8yek.gif

OBF1
03-11-2011, 02:59 PM
wake me up when it is our turn. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

iforgotmypassword
03-11-2011, 05:11 PM
took Jarell Powe NT for the Baltimore Ravens.... now I know they took Mount Cody last year... But now I've got size up and down this D-line, abosolute flexibility, and Goal Line D will be fatassingly unreal awesome.

Basically I just really like Powe and you can never pass up a stud NT type. Theres Logic in other positions but Powe's my guy.

Archer81
03-11-2011, 05:38 PM
I offered ColoradoBuff a 7th to move up to his spot to get my guy, he countered with a 6th, I balked, and he took my guy.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leutioX0PS1qf8yek.gif

I flipped a coin. Stocker or Carter...carter's injury in December was the reason for the coin toss...I thought he'd slide into the third round...

Shenanigans.

Killericon
03-12-2011, 11:54 AM
I am sorry, sorry, sorry for missing my pick. No skin off my teeth, cause I got my guy anyways, but I'M SORRY!

OBF1
03-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Damn, 2 of my favoites off the board in the last 2 pick. Great value on both picks GM's

OBF1
03-12-2011, 06:05 PM
I know Denver is now on the clock, I think my Co-GM is working on a trade. Hopefully he will be by soon to announce a trade or make our pick... It is a good one :)

meangene
03-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I know Denver is now on the clock, I think my Co-GM is working on a trade. Hopefully he will be by soon to announce a trade or make our pick... It is a good one :)

We made the trade already. You're on the clock at #71. :approve:

OBF1
03-12-2011, 06:21 PM
Damn Phi...he should have posted the trade, He is starting to act like Xanders LMAO

meangene
03-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Damn Phi...he should have posted the trade, He is starting to act like Xanders LMAO

I posted the details in the trade thread! Ha!

JCMElway
03-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Great job everyone, it's still over 6+ weeks to go to the draft and we are in the third round. Let's keep this train moving!!!

Requiem
03-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Yeah, this thing really got moving today!

OBF1
03-12-2011, 06:32 PM
I posted the details in the trade thread! Ha!

Details, details LOL

OBF1
03-12-2011, 06:33 PM
I hope Denver gets to pick today

JCMElway
03-12-2011, 06:36 PM
I am sorry, sorry, sorry for missing my pick. No skin off my teeth, cause I got my guy anyways, but I'M SORRY!

Just don't miss your pick in the 3rd, kicon. You'll be up sooner than you think.

jebures
03-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Damn, 2 of my favoites off the board in the last 2 pick. Great value on both picks GM's

which picks do you speak of

Requiem
03-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Leonard Hankerson no doubt. BEAST.

JCMElway
03-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Just a note again folks; please try and have trade discussions already in progress by the time you get OTC. If everyone's selection came up and they then threw it open to discussion and said, "Hey, I wanna trade down. Any takers?", we will be here forever.

If you don't have any talks going on with another drafter and you are OTC, make your pick!

And a reminder, we go to a 6 hour clock in the 5th round.

phibacka31
03-13-2011, 10:46 AM
The Broncs will get the pick in asap. Just waiting for my CO-GM to double check our guy

OBF1
03-13-2011, 11:09 AM
I am happy with our choice, we get an excellent prospect at a position of need. This pick ensures DJ Williams goes back to his natural postion.

I am worried that too many people are going to get him confused with Ed McCaffrey though.

Mediator12
03-13-2011, 11:39 AM
I have been talking to people I know in the league and some interesting things about the draft have come up:

1. You are not going to be able to trade players for picks this year if the lockout is still going on during the draft and it will be now.

2. There almost certainly will NOT be compensatory picks awarded to franchises in this years draft. Yes, the uncapped year coupled with the lockout will destroy these picks.

3. UDFA will not occur until the Lockout is over. There is NO free agency of any kind this off season until a New CBA is in place. This will kill the ability of UDFA's to impact at all next year. They might only get 3 weeks to prove they can make a team instead of 4 months. Plus, there will be literally no tape to grade of the offseason progress of players.

4. Teams are NOT going to invest higher picks on developmental guys as early as they have in the past. There could literally be less than 3 weeks of offseason for the rookies this year. It will be a wasted development year.

JCMElway
03-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Good stuff, Mediator. Just a question, is there a list somewhere of what the comp picks would be, if they had a CBA?

OBF1
03-13-2011, 11:43 AM
I am telling you, McDaniels is tearing this league apart.

brncs_fan
03-13-2011, 11:50 AM
I have been talking to people I know in the league and some interesting things about the draft have come up:

1. You are not going to be able to trade players for picks this year if the lockout is still going on during the draft and it will be now.

2. There almost certainly will NOT be compensatory picks awarded to franchises in this years draft. Yes, the uncapped year coupled with the lockout will destroy these picks.

3. UDFA will not occur until the Lockout is over. There is NO free agency of any kind this off season until a New CBA is in place. This will kill the ability of UDFA's to impact at all next year. They might only get 3 weeks to prove they can make a team instead of 4 months. Plus, there will be literally no tape to grade of the offseason progress of players.

4. Teams are NOT going to invest higher picks on developmental guys as early as they have in the past. There could literally be less than 3 weeks of offseason for the rookies this year. It will be a wasted development year.

2. Then I think that our draft should reflect this and not do comp picks.

4. I think that means you will see less trading for picks on this years draft and maybe more trading for future picks.

meangene
03-13-2011, 11:56 AM
4. I think that means you will see less trading for picks on this years draft and maybe more trading for future picks.

I wonder if trading future picks will be allowed given the current uncertainty. And, even if it is, would teams be willing to accept future compensation for current picks not knowing what the future draft situation will be?

brncs_fan
03-13-2011, 12:07 PM
I wonder if trading future picks will be allowed given the current uncertainty. And, even if it is, would teams be willing to accept future compensation for current picks not knowing what the future draft situation will be?

I can't imagine anyone thinking that a lockout would last more than one year.

meangene
03-13-2011, 12:30 PM
I can't imagine anyone thinking that a lockout would last more than one year.

But, would you be willing to accept future draft compensation if you don't know what the structure of the draft will be? If you don't know what the free agency situation will be? And, can the NFL allow the trading of future draft choices given the current legal situation? I just can't see a lot of trading of future picks given the current uncertainty.

eddie mac
03-13-2011, 03:47 PM
2. Then I think that our draft should reflect this and not do comp picks.

We wont be doing them anyway. A list is normally produced by a guy called Adam TJ by mid February at the latest. He never did one this year.

eddie mac
03-13-2011, 04:09 PM

Indeed Med, they've ruined my ****ing offseason, I'll tell you that for starters. I love free agency and the draft just as much as the games these days.

Mediator12
03-13-2011, 05:49 PM
I am up in 2 picks And I have still not heard from my co-gm in over a week. I checked and he has not been on the O-mane since we last talked over a week ago now. Sigh.

I hope he is OK as he was very gung ho about helping and had some great ideas.

Mediator12
03-13-2011, 05:51 PM
I see you killericon, go ahead and pick and i will follow and we will keep this thing rolling!

jebures
03-13-2011, 07:51 PM
I see you killericon, go ahead and pick and i will follow and we will keep this thing rolling!

did you two dissapear or what?

brncs_fan
03-13-2011, 07:58 PM
But, would you be willing to accept future draft compensation if you don't know what the structure of the draft will be? If you don't know what the free agency situation will be? And, can the NFL allow the trading of future draft choices given the current legal situation? I just can't see a lot of trading of future picks given the current uncertainty.

I think most people are looking at a season with no games being played are speculating that the draft order this year would repeat.

Mediator12
03-13-2011, 08:49 PM

I'm never here ;D

Oh yeah, Arkie is OTC !Booya!

Killericon
03-13-2011, 09:37 PM

I'll be online for the 4 picks before me, and then have to be away for a while. It's driving me nuts.

Thank god for the Priority list.

2 Linebackers was not really what I wanted to do, but when the Pats took my Cornerback, the Linebacker I was also considering back int he 2nd when I took Quan was still up, so had to nab him.

srphoenix
03-14-2011, 06:01 AM
I'm pretty sure two teams both selected Greg Jones, whoever the second team was might want to pick again.

meangene
03-14-2011, 06:46 AM
I'm pretty sure two teams both selected Greg Jones, whoever the second team was might want to pick again.

I think it was only Killericon. JCM made his pick for him and Killericon came back later to put up the photo and info.

TheReverend
03-14-2011, 07:55 AM
Shucks, sorry for the wait guys. There was like 4-5 people still on the board in front of me when I went to sleep :/

BowlenBall
03-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Shucks, sorry for the wait guys. There was like 4-5 people still on the board in front of me when I went to sleep :/

You must still be groggy -- you just selected James Carpenter in the 3rd round....

TheReverend
03-14-2011, 08:13 AM
You must still be groggy -- you just selected James Carpenter in the 3rd round....

Haha, no I swear that was my intention! I like him almost as much as Camiri and better than the majority of OL off the board. I actually think he's a 2nd rounder next month.

We'll see! What don't you like about him?

BowlenBall
03-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Just kidding -- I was looking pretty closely at him for my upcoming pick, to tell you the truth.

TheReverend
03-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Just kidding -- I was looking pretty closely at him for my upcoming pick, to tell you the truth.

I think he'll be a great RT and if he can't hack it, a lock as a successful G. Time will tell!

Mediator12
03-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Haha, no I swear that was my intention! I like him almost as much as Camiri and better than the majority of OL off the board. I actually think he's a 2nd rounder next month.

We'll see! What don't you like about him?

I agree. I like Boling more because he is versatile and can start at OG right away since he has already played both at Georgia. If he had been off the board though, Carpenter was my next target. He was a really solid player and tough at Bama.

24champ
03-14-2011, 04:54 PM
When will the compensatory picks be announced?

Mediator12
03-14-2011, 05:09 PM
When will the compensatory picks be announced?

As I posted earlier, it's very likely they will not happen this year. The league is shut down for business transactions and this was an uncapped year to boot, so the compensation picks might just not happen.

OBF1
03-14-2011, 05:25 PM
What about the compensatory picks ??? Figured I would ask too since it has been over a half hour since it was brought up again.... for the 100th time :)

Mediator12
03-14-2011, 07:19 PM
What about the compensatory picks ??? Figured I would ask too since it has been over a half hour since it was brought up again.... for the 100th time :)

Unfortunately, that is the ONLY activity this draft has produced ALL FREAKING DAY :hitself:

TheReverend
03-14-2011, 07:24 PM
I agree. I like Boling more because he is versatile and can start at OG right away since he has already played both at Georgia. If he had been off the board though, Carpenter was my next target. He was a really solid player and tough at Bama.

I agree about Boling, but my intention is still tackle first, and I think you'd agree that he has much more tackle potential than Boling.

PERSONALLY, I have the tackles ranked:

1. Castonzo
2. Smith
3. Solder
4. Camiri
5. Carpenter

eddie mac
03-14-2011, 07:33 PM
I see Nawrocki has his 2nd mock out and has us taking Bowers. Ughhhhhh

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/03/14/2011-mock-draft-20

Some shockers in there like Franklin and Kendricks in the first round.

Jimmy Smith not in the first 32 sort of coincides with word that some teams have dropped him from their draftboards after talking to him.

TheReverend
03-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Med have you heard from Lev yet? Guy's a really smart poster and I was jealous you had him helping you.

OBF1
03-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Did someone cancel the draft today? A snails pace would be faster.

Mediator12
03-14-2011, 08:25 PM
Med have you heard from Lev yet? Guy's a really smart poster and I was jealous you had him helping you.

Nope. Totally MIA and I never got his contact info before he disappeared. I really hope everything is OK with him.

I had the tackles:

1. Castonzo
2. Carimi
3. Smith
4. Solder
5. Carpenter

TheReverend
03-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Nope. Totally MIA and I never got his contact info before he disappeared. I really hope everything is OK with him.

I had the tackles:

1. Castonzo
2. Carimi
3. Smith
4. Solder
5. Carpenter

Whoa. That high on Carimi? Well... Wisconsin boys can play OL for sure. Joe Thomas is from my hometown out there.

Mediator12
03-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Whoa. That high on Carimi? Well... Wisconsin boys can play OL for sure. Joe Thomas is from my hometown out there.

Absolutely that high on Carimi. He has been working on his sets and kick slides with LeCharles Bentley in OH. His technique was not what it needed to be @ WIS and he will be a Much better pass Protector in the pros IMHO. Plus, that dude can run block! The Colts will have no idea what to do with him and Boling when they do not concede the POA on the 20 running plays all game!

TheReverend
03-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Absolutely that high on Carimi. He has been working on his sets and kick slides with LeCharles Bentley in OH. His technique was not what it needed to be @ WIS and he will be a Much better pass Protector in the pros IMHO. Plus, that dude can run block! The Colts will have no idea what to do with him and Boling when they do not concede the POA on the 20 running plays all game!

Holy crap you took him and Boling! I didn't even notice. Jesus that's a nice OL makeover!

Thought you'd be attacking D help, but then again, those 2 are D help with a consistent run game.

jebures
03-14-2011, 08:39 PM
since the draft is going at a snails pace, what would be your top 3 reaches in this year's mock, and 3 best values?

TheReverend
03-14-2011, 08:45 PM
since the draft is going at a snails pace, what would be your top 3 reaches in this year's mock, and 3 best values?

Ooooh fun.

Biggest reaches:

1. Jake Locker
2. Marvin Austin
3. Kendrick Ellis

Best values:

All of mine :)

Mediator12
03-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Holy crap you took him and Boling! I didn't even notice. Jesus that's a nice OL makeover!

Thought you'd be attacking D help, but then again, those 2 are D help with a consistent run game.

Yeah, We are in the protection business! Protect Peyton and let him hand the damn ball off 5-8 more times a game and let the defense rest a little.

Polian is always going to help Peyton first and give the DC the scraps of the draft. However, he did very well last year with the LB's Angerer and Kavell Connor. Both are definite keepers.

TheReverend
03-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Yeah, We are in the protection business! Protect Peyton and let him hand the damn ball off 5-8 more times a game and let the defense rest a little.

Polian is always going to help Peyton first and give the DC the scraps of the draft. However, he did very well last year with the LB's Angerer and Kavell Connor. Both are definite keepers.

I'd never complain about Polian's methods/tendencies if I were you Ha!

Mediator12
03-14-2011, 08:52 PM

Well, not everyone can draft Tyson Alualu in the late third round 8')

However, it's way too early to see where some of these players end up.

I will say my favorite pick so far is pick 60 Danny Watkins OT/OG Baylor by Eddie/Bman13 and the Pats. I was going to pick him @ 53 if i could not get a trade back. However, I got a real solid offer from JCM and Kaylore so I took a huge risk and still landed Clint Boling @ 76.

The OL is pretty good this year, but the DL is so darn good they have been overlooked in this draft.

Mediator12
03-14-2011, 08:55 PM
I'd never complain about Polian's methods/tendencies if I were you Ha!

Who said I was complaining :welcome:

That, my friend, is a statement of fact! I think he does a great job and his son Chris and Tom Telesco are top notch as well. Indy will be in fine hands when he steps down in a few years.

BowlenBall
03-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Biggest Reaches (IMHO)
1. Jake Locker -- like everyone else on the board, can't see this happening with the Texans
2. Rahim Moore -- just because he's the best safety doesn't mean he should go before the 3rd
3. Dontay Moch -- my own pick. Knew it was a reach, but also knew he'd be gone before my next pick, so had to pull the trigger early

Best Values
1. Corey Liuget -- top 10 talent at the end of round 1
2. Ryan Kerrigan -- doesn't fit in every defense, but will be a stud in the right system
3. Ben Ijalana -- thought I was fortunate to get him at the end of the 2nd, may be a surprise 1st rounder.

JCMElway
03-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Expat, Moch was not my target, but one OLB I had my eye on.

OK, rugbythug has until noon EST to select.

jebures
03-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Biggest Reaches (IMHO)
1. Jake Locker -- like everyone else on the board, can't see this happening with the Texans
2. Rahim Moore -- just because he's the best safety doesn't mean he should go before the 3rd
3. Dontay Moch -- my own pick. Knew it was a reach, but also knew he'd be gone before my next pick, so had to pull the trigger early

Best Values
1. Corey Liuget -- top 10 talent at the end of round 1
2. Ryan Kerrigan -- doesn't fit in every defense, but will be a stud in the right system
3. Ben Ijalana -- thought I was fortunate to get him at the end of the 2nd, may be a surprise 1st rounder.

agreed on Ijalana, i was going to take him and then traded down with the pack, you took him 2 spots before me

Requiem
03-15-2011, 06:33 AM
Ijlana is a pretty solid value for that point in time, as was Kerrigan.

meangene
03-15-2011, 06:42 AM
IMO!

Biggest Reaches:
*Locker - Not for Houston an not in a trade up.
*Moore - Soft, soft, soft. But, I really like the Broncos draft otherwise!
*Ellis - Liked Carolina's trades back and the picks of Taylor and Stocker, but, why reach for Ellis after getting Taylor? Plus, he has a history of assault charges and failed drug tests.

Best Value:
*Ingram - Mid-first value. Underrated. Reminds me of Emmitt Smith.
*A. Williams - I know, he's my pick. I think he has late first value.
*Boling - Early second value and a perfect fit for Indy's offense.

BowlenBall
03-15-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm on the clock as of right now, but had a trade partner lined up -- if I don't hear from him within the next hour, I'll put my pick in to keep the draft moving.

If anyone else would like to trade up to this spot, let me know a.s.a.p....

Broncoman13
03-15-2011, 07:40 AM

I will say my favorite pick so far is pick 60 Danny Watkins OT/OG Baylor by Eddie/Bman13 and the Pats. I was going to pick him @ 53 if i could not get a trade back. However, I got a real solid offer from JCM and Kaylore so I took a huge risk and still landed Clint Boling @ 76.

The OL is pretty good this year, but the DL is so darn good they have been overlooked in this draft.

That was all Eddie Mac on that one... I wanted Ijalana there but Eddie really liked Watkins.

Our draft is unfolding kind of funny. I wouldn't have taken Aldon Smith with our first pick... would have preferred Kerrigan, but Eddie did a lot of research on Smith and was comfortable with him there. Ingram was a no brainer for both of us. Austin we both agreed was best value when we selected him though we both agree that there are risks in both character and fit. Watkins as I said earlier was all Eddie Mac!

eddie mac
03-15-2011, 07:47 AM

That is who I was attempting to trade up with you for. He's a first rounder if the draft even goes ahead at this point.

BowlenBall
03-15-2011, 07:51 AM
That is who I was attempting to trade up with you for. He's a first rounder if the draft even goes ahead at this point.

Like I said before, I was really torn between Watkins and Iljalana -- you taking Watkins made the choice easy for me....

TheReverend
03-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Holy crap Expat, was Jernigan really still on the board?

If so, that was just a monster value steal!

OBF1
03-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz

TheReverend
03-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz

^

meangene
03-15-2011, 05:13 PM
So, when do we go to that six hour clock... ?

OBF1
03-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Last round :)

meangene
03-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Last round :)

ZZZ...

schaaf
03-15-2011, 06:04 PM
This morning I wasn't on for about 4 hours and rushed back in a panic thinking people were waiting on me and turns out there are still two people ahead of me haha

OBF1
03-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Someone make a pick already. This is how interest is lost... waiting and waiting is going to ruin this draft.

brncs_fan
03-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Sorry. Had an obligation that came up.

TheReverend
03-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Sorry. Had an obligation that came up.

She better be REALLY hot

Requiem
03-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Jernigan is a fantastic value at this point in the draft. I think he is going to get a lot of Top 50 consideration, easily Top 75 for teams in need of a WR.

When I selected Hankerson, I considered him and Young a lot -- but figured a bigger bodied possession receiver like Hankerson would be more apt to replace Jackson in San Diego than either of those two, who are opposite receivers, though great in their own right.

Kudos on that selection. Easily a +20 spot value, IMHO.

JCMElway
03-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Just so everyone knows, this Jim Lahey guy is Requiem. Hey Req, who the hell is Jim Lahey?

BowlenBall
03-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Jernigan is a fantastic value at this point in the draft. I think he is going to get a lot of Top 50 consideration, easily Top 75 for teams in need of a WR.

When I selected Hankerson, I considered him and Young a lot -- but figured a bigger bodied possession receiver like Hankerson would be more apt to replace Jackson in San Diego than either of those two, who are opposite receivers, though great in their own right.

Kudos on that selection. Easily a +20 spot value, IMHO.

Thanks Mr. Lahey... but I'd appreciate it if your avatar stopped pointing at me...

jebures
03-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Just so everyone knows, this Jim Lahey guy is Requiem. Hey Req, who the hell is Jim Lahey?

he was a tackle for the Chargers and Redskins I think?

JCMElway
03-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Hey all,

We need to pick the pace of the draft up. When you are within 4 picks of selecting, please send a priority list of who you would like to draft to me, expatfan, and Eddie Mac. It will be held confidential and it will get your pick on the board should you not be around. If you are around to make the pick, no harm done. If one of the three of us is up and there would be a conflict of interest revealing your guys, please exclude those drafters from your PM. You could also send your priority list to thereverend or Jim lahey, they are on all the time as well.

Let's get this damn thing moving!

JCM

BowlenBall
03-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Looks like the NFL owners will be having a meeting next week in New Orleans -- there's a very good chance that they'll decide on compensatory picks at that time (they've been announced on March 23rd and March 22nd the last two years).

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=6219888

TheReverend
03-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Nice pick. I wanted Kelvin Sheppard. I like him better in a 3-4, though.

schaaf
03-15-2011, 11:12 PM
That's what we're thinking the two ILB's in Washington's 3-4 are getting up in age and Sheppard could be groomed to be the starter

iforgotmypassword
03-16-2011, 12:13 AM
ST PATRICKS DAY WEEKEND

So get your damn priority lists in because we know you won't be able to get online or make a coherent pick when you beat up outside some irish pub.

Just finished my five page paper so it's off to Butte Montana in the morning... goin to bed right after I send in my PPPPRRIIOORRIITTYY LLIISSTT.

Requiem
03-16-2011, 01:28 AM

He's the drunk trailer park supervisor/ex-cop from the Canadian comedy show on Showcase called Trailer Park Boys.

Thought I'd spice things up a bit. :D

OBF1
03-16-2011, 03:13 AM
Looks like the NFL owners will be having a meeting next week in New Orleans -- there's a very good chance that they'll decide on compensatory picks at that time (they've been announced on March 23rd and March 22nd the last two years).

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=reiss_mike&id=6219888

Where do you get," There is a VERY GOOD chance that they'll decide on comp picks next weeK?"
Q. Mike, any insight on how many compensatory picks the Pats may receive and where they might fall within the draft? -- Kev (Oakland)

A. Kev, those could be announced early next week at the NFL's owners meeting in New Orleans. When I look back, you have Benjamin Watson (Browns) and Jarvis Green (Broncos) signing significant deals with other teams as compensatory free agents, with Alge Crumpler the big compensatory free agent signed by New England. I'm not expecting anything off the charts for the Patriots. Maybe a fifth-rounder

The espn writer said, "Those could be" Sounds like he really has no idea and you are embellishing his quote.

BowlenBall
03-16-2011, 04:27 AM
Where do you get," There is a VERY GOOD chance that they'll decide on comp picks next weeK?"
Q. Mike, any insight on how many compensatory picks the Pats may receive and where they might fall within the draft? -- Kev (Oakland)

A. Kev, those could be announced early next week at the NFL's owners meeting in New Orleans. When I look back, you have Benjamin Watson (Browns) and Jarvis Green (Broncos) signing significant deals with other teams as compensatory free agents, with Alge Crumpler the big compensatory free agent signed by New England. I'm not expecting anything off the charts for the Patriots. Maybe a fifth-rounder

The espn writer said, "Those could be" Sounds like he really has no idea and you are embellishing his quote.

Ummm... "fairly good chance"?

JCMElway
03-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Very nice value getting Acho in the middle of the third. There are not a lot of premier 3-4 OLBs in this draft, so having him fall this far is a definite find. Kahn and I were kicking Acho, Moch, and Brooks Reed around and I didn't know if any of them would be around for us in the 3rd, so we jumped up and grabbed our favorite, Reed. Speaking of value (and tooting our horn 'cos I don't do it much) found this little gem about Brooks Reed:

Brooks Reed had a great Combine; he ran the fastest 10-yard split of all the defensive linemen. In fact, his 10-yard split was only 0.05 seconds slower than Clay Matthews' - and we've all seen how explosive Matthews has been in Green Bay's defense. It's looking like Reed could ultimately be drafted at the bottom of the first round.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_1.php

TheReverend
03-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Very nice value getting Acho in the middle of the third. There are not a lot of premier 3-4 OLBs in this draft, so having him fall this far is a definite find. Kahn and I were kicking Acho, Moch, and Brooks Reed around and I didn't know if any of them would be around for us in the 3rd, so we jumped up and grabbed our favorite, Reed. Speaking of value (and tooting our horn 'cos I don't do it much) found this little gem about Brooks Reed:

Brooks Reed had a great Combine; he ran the fastest 10-yard split of all the defensive linemen. In fact, his 10-yard split was only 0.05 seconds slower than Clay Matthews' - and we've all seen how explosive Matthews has been in Green Bay's defense. It's looking like Reed could ultimately be drafted at the bottom of the first round.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_1.php

I sure hope so. Every non DT taken at the bottom of the first pushes a first round talent DT into Denvers lap at the top of the 2nd.

And nicely done. Great recovery from Prince :P

Mediator12
03-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Sheesh, Glad I ran to the podium this morning so people could get a head start on the day and their picks ;D

SouthStndJunkie
03-16-2011, 11:34 AM
I like the Tandon Doss pick.

I think he is being undervalued in the draft.

I almost took him over Randall Cobb with my 3rd round pick for the Browns, but felt the Browns needed Cobb's big play ability, YAC potential, and versatility that will keep Josh Cribbs from getting as worn down as he did last year.

Tandon Doss will be a nice fit for the Colts and someone Peyton Manning will trust.

Requiem
03-16-2011, 04:28 PM
I'll be making my pick shortly, at work doing training.

jebures
03-16-2011, 05:01 PM
I'll be making my pick shortly, at work doing training.

not an excuse :P, how is the weather in ND right now, SD is in the 60's, walked around in shorts all day.

Requiem
03-16-2011, 06:01 PM
The San Diego Chargers have elected to trade with the New York Jets.

The New York Jets will receive #89 and the San Diego Chargers will move back and get #94 as well as #197.

With that said, the NYJ are now on the clock -- pending trade approval, which I'm sure is fine value wise.

And Jebures, today was a real nice day up in Fargo. In the 40s and a lot of our snow has melted, but unfortunately it looks like it is going to flood because of it. Hope it doesn't impact where I live, but I'm pretty far North and not too near the Red River so I should be OK.

Requiem
03-16-2011, 06:55 PM
Carmelo with another great value selection with House. Probably a Top 75 player on most boards. I was seriously considering him just for value, although I took Brandon Harris in the first.

jebures
03-16-2011, 07:13 PM
House was my #49 rated prospect, i knew i should have traded up from 96, damn you Carmelo!

Requiem
03-16-2011, 07:16 PM
Early bird gets the worm, and Carmelo is easily the early bird for value in this draft. Sorry jebures. Wanna trade up to #94? HEHE.

jebures
03-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Early bird gets the worm, and Carmelo is easily the early bird for value in this draft. Sorry jebures. Wanna trade up to #94? HEHE.

no sir, I have about 7 guys in my tier below house that I can take.

Carmelo15
03-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanks guys. I thought with SD taking Harris and Baltimore taking Jimmy Smith he would be gone at 91. I got him about 40 spots lower than where he should've gone according to my board. If I had the 62nd pick he would've been strongly considered there.