PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 Gameplay Teaser

Pontius Pirate
02-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Damn. You only get a few seconds, but this is supposedly bits of gameplay from BF3. Looks like movie-quality footage...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wi2tae2PmmU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chris
02-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Engine looks good... definitely improved over BFBC2 (it's the same frostbite engine). Not perfect... it's still not that high poly but the lighting looks good.

Boobs McGee
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Engine looks good... definitely improved over BFBC2 (it's the same frostbite engine). Not perfect... it's still not that high poly but the lighting looks good.

Not sure if I read your post correctly, so lemme know if I did...but BFBC2 used the frostbite 1.5 engine, and 3 will be using the new frostbite 2.0 engine!

Other things I'm excited about: PRONE!!!!!!! And there's a possibility jets are going to be usable vehicles in this one as well! Also the dragging feature...curious to see what thats all about

Cmac821
02-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Do they shoot your team-mates in this one, I got sick of being the only target for the cpu

Los Broncos
02-24-2011, 01:42 PM
That looks sick, I read some where it saying this will own COD Black Ops.

Chris
02-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Not sure if I read your post correctly, so lemme know if I did...but BFBC2 used the frostbite 1.5 engine, and 3 will be using the new frostbite 2.0 engine!

Other things I'm excited about: PRONE!!!!!!! And there's a possibility jets are going to be usable vehicles in this one as well! Also the dragging feature...curious to see what thats all about

It definitely looks like they've made improvements so that makes sense.

Boobs McGee
04-17-2011, 04:49 PM
12 minutes of gameplay.

Ho.ly. balls.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2zw8SmsovJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WABronco
04-17-2011, 04:50 PM

F U

Way to gay it up.

Boobs McGee
04-17-2011, 04:57 PM
it's only ghey if you're proning with a friend

Pontius Pirate
04-22-2011, 10:00 AM
I still play BFBC2 all the time. I will be a little sad to give it up once this comes out

boltaneer
04-22-2011, 10:10 AM
12 minutes of gameplay.

Ho.ly. balls.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2zw8SmsovJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't even care for FPS games much and I can't wait for this!

Flex Gunmetal
04-22-2011, 10:12 AM
That looks sick, I read some where it saying this will own COD Black Ops.

BF has been owning COD in terms of quality, not sales (yet).
BF3 should force whoever's developing the next COD to get thier sht together.

Hopefully not, I'd prefer the BF playerbase be mature gamers and the COD base to be children.

Chris
04-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Unless they miraculously put a top quality studio together, I'd say COD is going the way of vaporware. They lost all the talent that made the bold design choices in the first place (many of which activision initially opposed, like setting COD in the modern world). Activision are repeating EA's mistakes from the earlier part of the decade.

Boobs McGee
04-22-2011, 11:12 AM
I still play BFBC2 all the time. I will be a little sad to give it up once this comes out

PS3 or Xbox?

jhns
04-22-2011, 11:26 AM
I can't wait for this. I have been playing a lot of bc2 and especially Vietnam. I also play Black Ops but find this game lot more fun. Black Ops is just so easy. If you look at my stats you can see this. I get over a 2 k/d ratio in Black Ops and have trouble keeping a 1 k/d ratio in Battlefield. I also play objective based games in each, so it isn't just because I always rush objectives in Battlefield. I also still can't get enough of blowing everything up. It just never gets old.

Pontius Pirate
04-22-2011, 12:15 PM
PS3 or Xbox?

xbox.

I have like a 1.08 k/d. I mainly play conquest

Ratboy
04-22-2011, 01:51 PM
I love how everyone compares it to Bad Company.

You need to go back and play Battlefield 2. IMO, the best FPS.

Ratboy
04-22-2011, 01:52 PM
and I love that they are making the PC version the primary system. DICE FTW!

Willynowei
04-22-2011, 02:11 PM
Unless they miraculously put a top quality studio together, I'd say COD is going the way of vaporware. They lost all the talent that made the bold design choices in the first place (many of which activision initially opposed, like setting COD in the modern world). Activision are repeating EA's mistakes from the earlier part of the decade.

As in not retaining infinity ward. Both MOH and COD were created by them. When they left MOH, it became terrible.

Black Ops is trash, it rides on the success of COD MW 1 & 2. Treyarch has never made anything that stands up on its own, they've been making games a long time and they suck at it.

BF3 looks promising, but they've only teased/shown PC footage and game quality on the consoles is what actually matters for sales.

Chris
04-22-2011, 02:23 PM
The IW guys worked at a company called 2015 run by a douchebag owner. They did MOH: Allied Assault (rushed ending forced by the owner) but the other MOH games were EA:LA. A lot of those guys (lead by Vince Zampella) decided to pack up and start IW. It grew from there.

Now they're at Respawn in Encino, CA working on an FPS with EA but this time EA doesn't have control over their creative decision making. I'd wait for their game to come out in a year or two.

In the meantime the same aces at Dice in Sweden have stuck around and are making BF3.