PDA

View Full Version : The Day of Reckoning has arrived... Rep is no longer anonymous...

Taco John
02-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Finally... People can now take it up with the person leaving them the mean ole' rep instead of taking it up with me... :alghh:

:hitself:

-Slap-
02-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Finally... People can now take it up with the person leaving them the mean ole' rep instead of taking it up with me... :alghh:

:hitself:
I'm going to test it out by giving you a negative.

!Booya!

PatsWin2002
02-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Ooooooohhhhhhh, it's retroactive!

I see njbil is the one who negative repped me before.....on a Marino thread !

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

watermock
02-03-2004, 11:04 PM
This is so amusing.

Welcome to the Patriot Act.

Up yours Pezman.

Mtbrncofn
02-03-2004, 11:05 PM
Oh great, now njbil is gonna know it was me who called him a dingleberry which he rightfully deserved. =)

-Slap-
02-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Oh, this is ****ing rich. BroncoGirl 13 cries like a gutless pussy about anonymous negative rep and look who's the gutless pussy who drops anonymous negative rep on me.

None other than BroncoGirl 13.

ROFL!

His daddy wanted a boy and his momma wanted a girl and they were both satisfied.

rofl

Still a big Lions fan, Bronco Girl 13?

:laugh:

PatsWin2002
02-03-2004, 11:13 PM
Now I'm glad I never negative repped anyone!

Well TJ was right....nobody will be bugging him. Ha!

Raider Bill
02-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Ooooooohhhhhhh, it's retroactive!

I see njbil is the one who negative repped me before.....on a Marino thread !

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

I don't remember that... Must have been one too many beers and I hit the wrong button because I'm no Marino fan.... I already tried positive repping you but I can't yet because I havent spread enough around....

Oh great, now njbil is gonna know it was me who called him a dingleberry which he rightfully deserved. =)

It's all good.... If I'm not getting bad rep on a Donx board then I'm not doing my job :D Something about seeing the word "dingleberry" in print is just flat out funny....

Mtbrncofn
This whole thread will be incredibly amusing.

PatsWin2002
njbil - it was when Alec commented I had gone to the next level and I said it must've been when I went over 100 points.

You probably wanted to see if you could single-handedly knock me back under......
....now that's something I would do if I though I could get away with it. Ha!

And the only reason I singled you out was because it was the only one I got!

-Slap-
Bronco Girl 13's opinion of people who leave anonymous negative rep:

Bronco Man 13
Orange N Blue Visionary

Funny that some chickenshiats give negative rep but they aren't man enough to speak up as to who they are. Forgive me for calling a spade a spade, guess some people can't live with honesty huh? For those of you that are man enough to put your name to your rep... Thank You! Pretty chickenshiat indeed! I don't think I'll be suprised as to who wrote it... if he even is man enough to admit it.

Who's the chickenshiat here?

:gossip:

Word on the street says its Bronco Girl 13.

Way to show us how to be a man. Too bad nobody showed you.

Raider Bill
02-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Bo = Darrel? wtf?

-Slap-
02-03-2004, 11:21 PM
More from Bronco Girl 13 on anonymous rep:

Bronco Man 13
Orange N Blue Visionary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same here... lost one point, but that is a bunch of BS that people come on here and post negative rep and won't tell you why or even who they are. Hell, I could go around posting negative rep all the time... atleast I am man enough to say it was me and why the negative rep was called for.... in my mind.

Honestly, I can see why somebody would give me negative rep for saying it was race related. It is a sensitive issue, but the facts are there, if you're just giving me rep b/c I'm the one to come out and say then whoever you are is a puss! If you have some meat as to why my post was inaccurate then write it in with the rep. They didn't write squat. Pussies!

Hey, now Bronco Girl 13 is calling out the Pussies.

Maybe he should look between his own ****ing legs.

ROFL!

Raider Bill
02-03-2004, 11:23 PM
njbil - it was when Alec commented I had gone to the next level and I said it must've been when I went over 100 points.

You probably wanted to see if you could single-handedly knock me back under......
....now that's something I would do if I though I could get away with it. Ha!

And the only reason I singled you out wa because it was the only one I got!

I still dont remember, but that sounds like something I would do. When Mock was complaining he wasn't getting enough negative rep, I gave him positive rep..... :D

PatsWin2002
02-03-2004, 11:26 PM
I still dont remember, but that sounds like something I would do. When Mock was complaining he wasn't getting enough negative rep, I gave him positive rep..... :D

No prob here - this rep thing is wayyyy out of hand anyway.
I'm just glad I don't have any rep sins to atone for. :brokehalo

I think Slap will be in the archives for a while......

-Slap-
02-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Bronco Girl 13:

Bronco Man 13
Orange N Blue Visionary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what's wrong with saying. I don't agree with it being a race issue and leaving it anonymous?

Maybe it wasn't a race issue. Maybe somebody was having a little fun with your tight white ass.

I know you liked the idea of leaving it anonymous, though. The asshole who cries the most about thiefs is always the guy stealing from the till. Thanks for illustrating that point, Lion fan.

Mtbrncofn
02-03-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm sensing you are a little bit irritated with BM 13, Slap?

-Slap-
02-03-2004, 11:36 PM
If you'll remember, I had NO PROBLEM with leaving negative rep anonymously. I just think its incredibly funny that the guy who cried about it was the sneaky little ****er who was doing it.

Lions fans, just can't trust 'em.

I'm sensing you are a little bit irritated with BM 13, Slap?
Well, I've always thought he was generally clueless on most topics, but I never paid him much mind. I guess I should have realized he was a two-faced lying pussy when he quit on the Broncos and threw his allegiance behind the Lions.

watermock
02-03-2004, 11:37 PM
I can just see Jedi Taco laughing about this. He holds the ONE RING, sees all.

I have given one rep, positive.

When your dealing with children on the Short Bus, positive reinforcement is the proper stratetgy.

It's funny tho.

Mtbrncofn
02-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Well, I've always thought he was generally clueless on most topics, but I never paid him much mind. I guess I should have realized he was a two-faced lying pussy when he quit on the Broncos and threw his allegiance behind the Lions.

Now who in their right mind would quit on the Broncos and go to the Lions of all teams?? I didn't even realize the Lions had fans. :ohyah!:

-Slap-
02-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Now who in their right mind would quit on the Broncos and go to the Lions of all teams?? I didn't even realize the Lions had fans. :ohyah!:

I forgot who saved the post where he quit and took up with Matt Millen. Was it Above Average? I'd love to see that one again.

Rausch
02-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Apparently there are as many crybaby rep tossers on here as there are on the planet....

tsk tsk

Pezman
02-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Bwahaha~! It is twue! its Twue! The evil pezman has been EXPOSED!! LOL!

Seriously, this whole rep crap is just fun n games anyway...

Rausch
02-03-2004, 11:49 PM
Bwahaha~! It is twue! its Twue! The evil pezman has been EXPOSED!! LOL!

:twitch:

I see you negged me too fughead...and for a disagreement on the talent level of the chiefs defense of all things. Who'd expect a differing of opinions there?

::)

Pezman
02-03-2004, 11:51 PM
Besides, we all love each other here anyway right?
right?
Hello? (echo echo echo)

Ah Rausch, I give ya a hard time true, but you'll notice I've never been tooooooo evil with you

-Slap-
02-03-2004, 11:51 PM
PezMan is a serial neg repper. He got me, too. His was funny, though.

Rausch
02-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Ah Rausch, I give ya a hard time true, but you'll notice I've never been tooooooo evil with you

That I can handle....

I was worried for a while there that this place would turn into the fuggen vagina monologues or something.....

"Whaaaaa......Taco, som-budy called me stoopid.....whaaaaaaa....."

:pity:

Pezman
02-03-2004, 11:54 PM
I want to change my name to the "repman" LMAO

Oh god, can you imagine Alec if he wasn't ignoring half the forum... Then we'd have lots of fun

Taco John
02-04-2004, 12:07 AM
Oh my God!

I've created a monster!

On the other hand, this thread is hilarious! Hilarious!

Pezman
02-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Dammit, though T-john, I forgot to give you bad rep before the blanket of obscurity was unveiled! Grrrrr...

Turn it back on just for about 5 minutes or so! ;) I swear, I'll be "good"

Taco John
02-04-2004, 12:15 AM
Dammit, though T-john, I forgot to give you bad rep before the blanket of obscurity was unveiled! Grrrrr...

Turn it back on just for about 5 minutes or so! ;) I swear, I'll be "good"

I could always see rep... (Admin status)...

I could just never figure out how to make it so that you guys could see who was repping you... And I kind of liked the idea of anonymous rep until it became an issue in my face on a daily basis with people complaining that they were getting negative rep on posts that they didn't think they deserved it on... I obviously didn't want to get mixed in that noise. I've got enough going on without having to play referee on rep...

So today while I was playing with some settings, I finally found the golden arrow... Zing! Now people can see who giveth, and who taketh away...

And by the looks of things, some people will have some 'splainin to do... :giggle:

watermock
02-04-2004, 12:16 AM
I could give a damn if I get bad rep.

Bad rep means I am making your noggins hurt. It bothers me I don't get more.

I must not be pissing people off enough anymore.

I'm just glad that it's not anonymous anymore so that I can copy it and have fun on the main board.

This would be what watermock would call general amusement for public consumption.

It's ok, I will continue to be nice, as I have a nasty habit of biting and won't do anything too out of line because of consensus building.

Taco John
02-04-2004, 12:20 AM
I don't know why people have such an issue with bad rep. I have no problem receiving bad rep so long as it's honest. If someone thinks I'm not being fair in any of my assessments... Drop a bomb on me... I might not agree, but there's a good chance I'll respect the person more for being honest with me...

That being said! I wield a mighty heavy rep sword. Don't do it just to do it! Nnyah!

Pezman
02-04-2004, 12:21 AM
For whom the bell tolls...

And speaking of tweaking with settings, have you figured out how to get our titles back under our avatar, or how to get the first unread post to work when we've been on the thread?

Maybe its my settings though... stupid firewall settings...

Taco John
02-04-2004, 12:22 AM
The first unread post thing won't come for awhile... That's code that still needs to be written, and likely won't until the software goes "gold." Again, that's out of my hands...

Avatar tag lines will come back... But when, I can't say. It's on the to do list... But if you could only see my 'to do' list.

-Slap-
02-04-2004, 12:26 AM
I was always liked the idea of keeping rep anonymous.

See post #14 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9670).

Taco John
02-04-2004, 12:29 AM
I liked the idea until it became too much of a headache for me...

...a real man of the people, huh? :giggle:

Rausch
02-04-2004, 12:30 AM
That being said! I wield a mighty heavy rep sword. Don't do it just to do it! Nnyah!

This sucks....I feel like Superman under a red sun.....

"Ah have no pow-wah here....."

:moody:

-Slap-
02-04-2004, 12:35 AM

I don't blame you a bit.

You know what sucks? I wanted to give Rausch anonymous positive rep for that cool Elway post on the other thread, but I can't let the Chief fans think I'm going soft on them.

Meck77
02-04-2004, 03:00 AM
I'm missing something. How do you check who gave the rep or neg rep now?

Northman
02-04-2004, 03:11 AM
hmmm, i havent seen any negative reps on me yet. strange? i thought i would have gotten lamblasted by now. guess im not a big enough asshole yet, ill try harder. lol

Arkie
02-04-2004, 03:32 AM
I have one anonymous bad rep revealed, and I haven't given any bad rep to anyone yet. I guess nice guys finish last.

I still don't totally get it. How many points does it change when someone gives rep? It seems that it varies depending on the giver.

Blueflame
02-04-2004, 04:07 AM
The vast majority of the rep I've given out was of the positive variety... but there were a couple of "dings" on rival fans, IIRC... :P

Alkazar
02-04-2004, 07:20 AM
Ok, I must have missed something during my last hiatus. What with all this "rep" stuff? How do you give it and where do you check for your rep status?

clint7
02-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Alkazar,

You can check it under the User CP link at the top of the page. It's "approve or disapprove" and you can give a little comment too. Below a user's avatar, you'll see a blue icon with a little checkmark and an X. If you click that you can leave rep for the user. You won't see that icon on your own posts though since you can't give yourself rep. If you place your cursor over the little orange box next to your number of total posts, you can see a little message regarding rep you've received...it's based on total rep points...or something like that.

-Slap-
02-04-2004, 07:44 AM
Ok, I must have missed something during my last hiatus. What with all this "rep" stuff? How do you give it and where do you check for your rep status?
Click on User CP.

clint7
02-04-2004, 07:54 AM
How much damn rep do I need to "spread around" before I can lay some more on Slap? His posts on this thread are a riot!

Note to self: Never make Slap mad.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2004, 08:50 AM
all the reps I see are red... when TJ first set this system up, all the reps were green, for the most part, now the opposite is true.

As for my own rep factor under my poster name, it started off with one green, now its one red and its never changed. Just thought I'd mention that to everyone...

PatsWin2002
02-04-2004, 08:57 AM
all the reps I see are red... when TJ first set this system up, all the reps were green, for the most part, now the opposite is true.

As for my own rep factor under my poster name, it started off with one green, now its one red and its never changed. Just thought I'd mention that to everyone...

Taco made a change to the colors at one point.

My guess is that green was te default, but he changed orange to be the "good" color since the color scheme for this site is based in orange.

As for negative rep - black is bad. That's it, orange=good and black=bad.

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2004, 09:09 AM
Thanks PatsWin, I'm so out of it, I didn't even know that!

Taco John
02-04-2004, 09:27 AM

Actually, that's orange... ;)

or at least it's supposed to be...

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2004, 09:29 AM
My bad! I guess I'm color blind too...

NaptownChief
02-04-2004, 10:08 AM
Now I'm glad I never negative repped anyone!

Well TJ was right....nobody will be bugging him. Ha!

I don't give anyone negative rep and if I did I would make sure they know that I did and why. If I completely disagree with them on opinion, style, diplomacy or whatever I will call them out in the thread like a man....not try some gutless sneaky backdoor negative rep BS.

How do you view the Rep you have been given?

PatsWin2002
02-04-2004, 10:42 AM
How do you view the Rep you have been given?

My first thought was that I've been a slacker in giving out positive rep. Many regulars here have been much better than me at doling it out. I know I've received much more than I've given.

Honestly, I just forget to do it. Sometimes it's all I can do to keep up with the threads I want to read.

I only had one negative rep. I'm really not surprised because I don't battle with anyone here and I'm pretty "vanilla" on a lot of topics.

As far as getting rep goes, I start my share of threads and that gets me noticed. Most are news items or humor-related - and everybody likes those.

As Belichick says, "It is what it is."

NaptownChief
02-04-2004, 10:43 AM
My first thought was that I've been a slacker in giving out positive rep. Many regulars here have been much better than me at doling it out. I know I've received much more than I've given.

Honestly, I just forget to do it. Sometimes it's all I can do to keep up with the threads I want to read.

I only had one negative rep. I'm really not surprised because I don't battle with anyone here and I'm pretty "vanilla" on a lot of topics.

As far as getting rep goes, I start my share of threads and that gets me noticed. Most are news items or humor-related - and everybody likes those.

As Belichick says, "It is what it is."

Do you know how to pull up and view the rep that people have already given you?

PatsWin2002
02-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Do you know how to pull up and view the rep that people have already given you?

Just click the "UserCP" link in the header. The Rep history will be right there in front of you.

NaptownChief
02-04-2004, 10:54 AM
Just click the "UserCP" link in the header. The Rep history will be right there in front of you.

Thanks

I see that Mr Nice Guy Spide is a bit sneaky. Only have 4 negatives and half of them came from Spide.

Spider
02-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Thanks

I see that Mr Nice Guy Spide is a bit sneaky. Only have 4 negatives and half of them came from Spide.
LMAO ...... I thought I signed them ......... Oh well

watermock
02-04-2004, 11:06 AM
All my reps are erased. My count is there, anyone else?

Alkazar
02-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Heh, here I had some good reps and didn't even know it. :bangin: Thanks to Wabbit, Spider, and even Needa Pass Rush (for being ignorant about rep....). Now that I know how it works, I'll start using it. Thanks guys! :cheers:

Moon§hiner
02-04-2004, 11:22 AM

Must be an election year ;)

Maximus
02-04-2004, 11:23 AM
This is hilarious... I got negative rep from Xtreme & Bo on the original thread about rep for making a joke about being a Raider Fan and getting Negative rep... LMAO! I See that BO hates me ( He-Hate-Me ) he neg repped me 3x... People are too serious Hilarious!

Eye Patch
02-04-2004, 11:45 AM
This is hilarious... I got negative rep from Xtreme & Bo on the original thread about rep for making a joke about being a Raider Fan and getting Negative rep... LMAO! I See that BO hates me ( He-Hate-Me ) he neg repped me 3x... People are too serious Hilarious!

I got the same thing from this coward called Bo. Even got a negative when I bagged on the chokes and I still got a hit.

Never did he mention who he was despite giving me 6 hits.

Imagine that...

btw.. I have 12-pack of negative hits... can anyone beat that?

Old Dude
02-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Hmmn. I got most of my negative rep from someone I never heard of.

This is particularly embarassing, because I retailiated against "likely suspects" who probably don't know why I gave them negs.

Ah well.

Raider Bill
02-04-2004, 12:02 PM
btw.. I have 12-pack of negative hits... can anyone beat that?

Nah 10 here patch... although 50% of them are from Bo who signed them Darrel? WTF? 30% are from Pez

Maximus
02-04-2004, 12:09 PM
That's it... Bo's official name is HE-HATE-ME!

PatsWin2002
02-04-2004, 12:14 PM
This thread is living up to its billing .........funny stuff!

watermock
02-04-2004, 12:19 PM
before, it was like a moonshiner hitting a Revenuer in the back from the woods. Now, noone will be brave enough to mock the mock.

It's a mixed blessing with no solution.

I like the change. In America, your allowed to confront your accuser. I welcome the challenge. :contract:

Spider
02-04-2004, 12:21 PM
before, it was like a moonshiner hitting a Revenuer in the back from the woods. Now, noone will be brave enough to mock the mock.

I like the change. In America, your allowed to confront your accuser. I welcome the challenge. :contract:
But wasnt you wanting Neg Reps ?

Hilarious! I had to give Bo a good rep !!!!!!!!!!

Tombstone RJ
02-04-2004, 12:30 PM

I had to give you a negative rep for this post... just to stir the chit... :charge:

NaptownChief
02-04-2004, 12:38 PM

I'm going to have start giving you some negative rep to offset the positive rep I have given you. Otherwise you might be lulled into thinking I'm soft.

Eye Patch
02-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Nah 10 here patch... although 50% of them are from Bo who signed them Darrel? WTF? 30% are from Pez

I also got about 3 from Pez.

Looks like Pez and Bo were beaten up by some tough Raider fan to carry that kind of emotional baggage around.

Next time they should not pick on 9 year old Raider fans.... those little girls can be pretty tough.

Spider
02-04-2004, 12:44 PM
I also got about 3 from Pez.

Looks like Pez and Bo were beaten up by some tough Raider fan to carry that kind of emotional baggage around.

Next time they should not pick on 9 year old Raider fans.... those little girls can be pretty tough.
I think your taking this to serious Patch ........ I was upset when I got my first neg , i think I have around 8 Negs total , some from peeps I never expected ..... But then I got over it .......... To come to think of it I passed out alot of Poss reps without signing ( reason why is I didnt want folks to feel obligated to rep me back ) ..... I hit NJBIL once on a neg , but Itold him about it in a thread .....

Pezman
02-04-2004, 12:54 PM
Don't you know we love ya Patchy? and what better way to give the love than neg repping ya.

Besides, a Raider fan getting good rep with the color orange... I don't think so!
NJBil gets as many positive as negative from the mad repper... work on in Patchy and you never know, you could get that coveted 'black' dot next to your name Bwahahaha!

Spider
02-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Don't you know we love ya Patchy? and what better way to give the love than neg repping ya.

Besides, a Raider fan getting good rep with the color orange... I don't think so!
NJBil gets as many positive as negative from the mad repper... work on in Patchy and you never know, you could get that coveted 'black' dot next to your name Bwahahaha!
:thumbsup: .......

FADERPROOF
02-04-2004, 01:03 PM
I may be dumb, but for some reason, I click on user CP and I see my latest reps received, yet I do not see the usernamesa that have given me anonymous reps.

If anyone can help me out a bit, please do, I just wanna see who has given me anonymous reps and I can't seem to get it.

Spider
02-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Thread Date Posted By Comment
under user cp posted by is where you will see the name

Eye Patch
02-04-2004, 01:13 PM
I think your taking this to serious Patch ........ I was upset when I got my first neg , i think I have around 8 Negs total , some from peeps I never expected ..... But then I got over it .......... To come to think of it I passed out alot of Poss reps without signing ( reason why is I didnt want folks to feel obligated to rep me back ) ..... I hit NJBIL once on a neg , but Itold him about it in a thread .....

maybe I'm not explaining myself well enough... I'm not upset about any of this at all.... I'm wearing these negs as a badge of honor.

Spider
02-04-2004, 01:15 PM
also got about 3 from Pez.

Sounds a tad bit bitter ........ ;D

Eye Patch
02-04-2004, 01:18 PM

you flatter yourself...

I paid you no mind until your name was displayed on this UserCP stuff.

I figger than anyone who gives a neg should have the balls to put their name on it....

funny I didn't catch your pair until today.

Spider
02-04-2004, 01:20 PM
you flatter yourself...

I paid you no mind until your name was displayed on this UserCP stuff.

I figger than anyone who gives a neg should have the balls to put their name on it....

funny I didn't catch your pair until today.
go to your happy place .........

Eye Patch
02-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Sounds a tad bit bitter ........ ;D

I thought it was funny...

humor is but a state of mind for some...

otay....

I'm there..... aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh donuts........

Spider
02-04-2004, 01:23 PM

Angry humor ........ ;D

otay....

I'm there..... aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh donuts........
Save some donuts for me dammit :D

FADERPROOF
Thread Date Posted By Comment
under user cp posted by is where you will see the name

I just have thread, date, and comment. Looks like it always has, and I just got a positive rep that someone left an anon comment for and I haven't a clue who did.

Eye Patch
Save some donuts for me dammit :D

chocolate old fashions......

is there anything they can't do....

Pezman
02-04-2004, 01:27 PM
mmm sprinkles...

Dammit, Patch, I've given too much rep out today, and I was gonna give you some positive (or for you, neg) rep today...

Spider
02-04-2004, 01:31 PM
chocolate old fashions......

is there anything they can't do....
:homer: ummmmmmm Chocolate ..DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

I just have thread, date, and comment. Looks like it always has, and I just got a positive rep that someone left an anon comment for and I haven't a clue who did.
I dont know then Bro .......

Eye Patch
02-04-2004, 01:31 PM
mmm sprinkles...

Dammit, Patch, I've given too much rep out today, and I was gonna give you some positive (or for you, neg) rep today...

gee.... I'm honored.

Pezman
02-04-2004, 01:34 PM
"badge of honor"
That's ok, its more fun to read your posts this year after the relentless attacks you laid before the last superbowl.

Spider, that picture is giving me the hebejeebes!

Taco John
02-04-2004, 01:34 PM

This is particularly embarassing, because I retailiated against "likely suspects" who probably don't know why I gave them negs.

Ah well.

Hilarious!

Old Dude
02-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Hilarious!

Maybe I should go to work for the CIA, huh?

"Well, we cant prove that the neg rep was launched by so-and-so, but if we don't strike pre-emptively, their rep will go up, and their future attacks on my rep - if that was them - will be more devastating."

So attack everyone in sight.

And to make matters worse, I can't even remember who I shafted.

Taco John
02-04-2004, 01:41 PM

Try again...

Meck77
02-04-2004, 02:09 PM
I have the same issue as Denfan38. It's not showing who the rep came from unless they put it in the comment line.

PatsWin2002
02-04-2004, 02:21 PM
I have the same issue as Denfan38. It's not showing who the rep came from unless they put it in the comment line.

You guys probably have a cached version of the page in your browser.

That's just a guess....

Try changing your browser settings
(Tools > Internet Options > General Tab > Temporary
Internet Files > Settings ......click the top radio button "Every visit to the page")

Or just close all your browsers, open a new one and delete the history and try again.

Northman
02-04-2004, 02:59 PM

damn spidey, you got some of the coolest sigs around. how did you come about them? do you make them?

Spider
02-04-2004, 03:02 PM
damn spidey, you got some of the coolest sigs around. how did you come about them? do you make them?
Yes i do Bro , heere is one I was just kinda messing with , I made it before I have the one you see now , Still not done with it ......... I have a few more tweaks to add

Northman
02-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Yes i do Bro , heere is one I was just kinda messing with , I made it before I have the one you see now , Still not done with it ......... I have a few more tweaks to add

well damn, i need to get you to make me a avatar then cause mine all suck. lol. i need a good bronco one. have any extras?

Taco John
02-04-2004, 03:16 PM
Fixed Meck... You should be good to go...

rustyfari
02-04-2004, 03:20 PM
This is very amusing. I love how all these people where handing out negative rep and talking a bunch of smack, thinking they could do so with impunity. Some people must feel like total asses! LOL ROTFL

Spider
02-04-2004, 03:36 PM
well damn, i need to get you to make me a avatar then cause mine all suck. lol. i need a good bronco one. have any extras?
Avitar or a Sig ? \
Here are some samples

Rock Chalk
02-04-2004, 03:37 PM
I want to go on record rescinding my previous thoughts about rep. Im not a fan of this business at all anymore. Its just a freakin popularity contest now. The sad part is, you cant rep the right people enough times because of these stupid rules about "spreading" rep around. Well, there isnt very much to spread around in this neck of the woods and the few posters that deserve rep dont get it because I have to rep some other schmucks who have half-assed takes and I refuse to rep anyone unless they absolutely deserve it, for whatevr reason. I am not going to name names for who deserves rep and doesnt, but the fact is that there are only a small handful of posters who deserve being repped at any time and its always the same small group which constitutes less than 1% of the registered members of the board. This is for both positive and negative reps. Everyone else either has incomprehensible takes OR just average takes (IMO) that may or may not be good but not deserving of any special recognition.

Oh well, I guess its here to stay. Just my two cents. Feel free to blast away ladies.

Northman
02-04-2004, 03:41 PM
I want to go on record rescinding my previous thoughts about rep. Im not a fan of this business at all anymore. Its just a freakin popularity contest now. The sad part is, you cant rep the right people enough times because of these stupid rules about "spreading" rep around. Well, there isnt very much to spread around in this neck of the woods and the few posters that deserve rep dont get it because I have to rep some other schmucks who have half-assed takes and I refuse to rep anyone unless they absolutely deserve it, for whatevr reason. I am not going to name names for who deserves rep and doesnt, but the fact is that there are only a small handful of posters who deserve being repped at any time and its always the same small group which constitutes less than 1% of the registered members of the board. This is for both positive and negative reps. Everyone else either has incomprehensible takes OR just average takes (IMO) that may or may not be good but not deserving of any special recognition.

Oh well, I guess its here to stay. Just my two cents. Feel free to blast away ladies.

im one of average goons i admit it!
:welcome:

BroncoFox
02-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Sheesh, I need to start being nice and posting some comments and rep points. :)

I didn't even think about it, and checked my own 'rep' and saw people gave me nice points and comments. I feel bad! I've not given out a single rep point yetly. *blush*

So I will try to pay attention and deal out rep points so I won't feel miserable for receiving but not giving. *sniff*

Thanx to those who gave nice comments tho. ;D

Northman
02-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Sheesh, I need to start being nice and posting some comments and rep points. :)

I didn't even think about it, and checked my own 'rep' and saw people gave me nice points and comments. I feel bad! I've not given out a single rep point yetly. *blush*

So I will try to pay attention and deal out rep points so I won't feel miserable for receiving but not giving. *sniff*

Thanx to those who gave nice comments tho. ;D

i got plenty of room babe. :charge: lol

FADERPROOF
02-04-2004, 03:57 PM
it works!

HEAV
02-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Well at least I now know who had the balls to call me a pussy,but not leave his name on the Rep. And then there's the upstanding guy of the board that trashed me for "Crying about the Neg rep" and seconded the pussy term, funny how I had respect for this person, but now I see he's fake....... Names will be left out.........

On a funny note Pez Neg rep me on one post and Pos rep me a few day's later so he made it up!

Atleast now this will make us(myself included) think about what we say in a Neg Rep post. For the one neg Rep I sent out that person know's how I feel about him, but I just gave him Pos rep last week.

clint7
02-04-2004, 05:25 PM
I think I only gave a neg rep to either 'Mock or Eye Patch. One stated they were going for the record of most neg rep, so I was only trying to do my part. I can't remember which one it was. No harm intended, guys! Just doing my part!

I'm just glad I didn't get drunk one night and start blasting everyone and anyone with neg rep. I thought it was supposed to be anonymous. But TJ, much like Heidi Fleisse, decided to name names! Squealer! :)

Maximus
02-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Well at least I now know who had the balls to call me a pussy,but not leave his name on the Rep. And then there's the upstanding guy of the board that trashed me for "Crying about the Neg rep" and seconded the pussy term, funny how I had respect for this person, but now I see he's fake....... Names will be left out.........

On a funny note Pez Neg rep me on one post and Pos rep me a few day's later so he made it up!

Atleast now this will make us(myself included) think about what we say in a Neg Rep post. For the one neg Rep I sent out that person know's how I feel about him, but I just gave him Pos rep last week.

Name Names... I want to see how deep the hypocracy goes! Pez you neg repped me too... That's a suprise I wasn't aware that cheap fans could read!

Pezman
02-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Ok I admit, I'm addicted to evil rep... must...stop..repping...

watermock
02-04-2004, 05:43 PM
I think Taco is trying to the board to self regulate, by pouring oil on the fire....

It's like asking the Kurds, Sunnis, Shias and Israelis to have a peace agreement in Lebanon.

HEAV
02-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Name Names... I want to see how deep the hypocracy goes! Pez you neg repped me too... That's a suprise I wasn't aware that cheap fans could read!

Nah not my style to tell all............ they know who they are, and they now know how I feel about them. It's not like I will not give Positive rep to them, I will and have giving them Positive Rep of post's. Let's just say I now know where I stand with them and I'll take there words a little less seriously around here.

clint7
02-04-2004, 05:51 PM
It wasn't me was it? We Ohio Bronco fans got to stick together!

HEAV
02-04-2004, 05:59 PM
I feel you can Neg rep anyone all you want. It just now that you can't put a one word expletive down and walk away clean. If you neg rep give a reason for it. Even if it is that you hate the person, say (I hate you) LOL

It wasn't me was it? We Ohio Bronco fans got to stick together!

I forgot your from Ohio! Parts unkown could be Ohio.........I always thought I was the lone Bronco fan in Ohio(well in my head I thought) I never knew that there were some many Ohio boy's on here Denfan,Clint,Ratboy(was then moved to Fla) Im sure there are others my mind just went blank...............

Spider
02-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Well I recieved 2 Neg reps by accident ....... I believe them ........
But now I am hoping I didnt neg rep anyone on Accident ......
4 that I have passed out
2 to Naptown ( I thought I had signed them guess I didnt )
1 to NJBIL I told him about it in a thread
1 to K Hienz57 ......
These are the intentional ones ;D
Now I have passed out alot of Good rep unsigned for reasons I stated earlier in this thread ......
If I had passed anyone a Neg rep that isnt on the list , it was by mistake .....
When I was passing out Rep to Rep 3 Certian posters ...... I was clicking and going ...

watermock
02-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Even if someone gets wasted they generally won't pick a fight with more than one person.

But who knows about these monkeys. :dummy:

Needa Pass Rush
02-04-2004, 06:19 PM
What's rep?

Northman
02-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Avitar or a Sig ? \
Here are some samples

yea, im all about the avatars. 8')

Spider
02-04-2004, 06:27 PM
yea, im all about the avatars. 8')
Tell me what you want , then I will make it

I even made one for a person here of Portis running into Romo and Romo exploding

Northman
02-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Tell me what you want , then I will make it

can you make me one with the almight number 7? kind of like what you did with your sig but make it along the lines of the plummer one. much appreciated. ;)

Spider
02-04-2004, 06:30 PM
can you make me one with the almight number 7? kind of like what you did with your sig but make it along the lines of the plummer one. much appreciated. ;)
you want an Elway one like Plummers ........ Doing it right now

Northman
02-04-2004, 06:31 PM
you want an Elway one like Plummers ........ Doing it right now

thanks bossman.

orange 4 life
02-04-2004, 06:32 PM
What's rep?

are you being serious?

if so, go to your user cp, and scroll down.
i just gave you "rep", so you should see it.
the more "rep points" you get, the more little orange dots you get under your name.
its designed to be a way you can approve or disapprove of someone's posts.

to give it out, click on the square that has a check and an x under each person's posts. a pop up window will come up. click approve or disaprove and type your comments.

if you were being sarcastic, im gullible. what can i say.

jake

Hogan11
02-04-2004, 06:42 PM
I don't give anyone negative rep and if I did I would make sure they know that I did and why. If I completely disagree with them on opinion, style, diplomacy or whatever I will call them out in the thread like a man....not try some gutless sneaky backdoor negative rep BS.

This is how I feel as well.

I hate to agree with a Chef fan on anything but when you're right, you're right and Naptown nailed it.

Spider
02-04-2004, 06:42 PM
thanks bossman.
Let me know if you like this one , or want changes made to it

watermock
02-04-2004, 06:43 PM
Where do I give TD Sharpe and Elway Rep? :clap:

Northman
02-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Let me know if you like this one , or want changes made to it

man, that is awesome. i like it. how do you do that?

Spider
02-04-2004, 06:44 PM
man, that is awesome. i like it. how do you do that?
I have a gif maker ........
I also have a 3d gif maker , only problem is I cant draw ;D

Northman
02-04-2004, 06:45 PM

me either. thanks man. :cheers:

Spider
02-04-2004, 06:46 PM
me either. thanks man. :cheers:
NP Bro happy to do it .......... ;D

HEAV
02-04-2004, 06:47 PM

You may not draw, but your still the man around here when it comes to avatars!

Spider
02-04-2004, 06:48 PM
You may not draw, but your still the man around here when it comes to avatars!
Thanks Bro ...... ;D
I suck so bad at drawing , that when I was a Kid , I had to explain that was the stick guy :thumbsup:

Broncoman13
02-04-2004, 07:54 PM
Bronco Girl 13:

Bronco Man 13
Orange N Blue Visionary

So what's wrong with saying. I don't agree with it being a race issue and leaving it anonymous?

Maybe it wasn't a race issue. Maybe somebody was having a little fun with your tight white ass.

I know you liked the idea of leaving it anonymous, though. The asshole who cries the most about thiefs is always the guy stealing from the till. Thanks for illustrating that point, Lion fan.

I hear you crying but I really don't get a flying #@*$! You were the one that said negative anonymous rep was okay... so that makes it OKAY! Try to live with it... Just a little nudge to show you how much BS it is. The negative rep I received was from Maximus. I don't really care, just wanted to know who it was from. I know what is stance is on the whole race issue so I don't even feel the need to ask him. As for you, I think you are a hyporcritical little biatch, but that's okay to... maybe just your internet personality???

watermock
02-04-2004, 08:03 PM
I'm going to give all 1,898 bad reps. Hilarious!

Broncoman13
02-04-2004, 08:11 PM

Ah well.

Hilarious! That's what I started doing... but I just started lashing on everyone on the thread. Unfortunately I got the wrong people, but in hindsight it looks like the dipshiat Slap deserved it anyhow!!! Sorry to the other guys, just a blanket retaliation!!!

Blueflame
02-04-2004, 08:12 PM
While some of the give-and-take on this thread is entertaining, let's please try to keep things at least semi-civil if we can. I mean, this is a sticky thread at the top of the main forum, so if any differences of opinion over rep appear poised to escalate into a full-scale flame war, perhaps other venues (PM or a new thread in Off Topics or the Butt) might be a lower-profile venue for the conversation. :P :) ^5

Broncoman13
02-04-2004, 08:24 PM
Okay, I'm kewl now.

Just pisses me off that people talk down to me like I should just accept negative rep so I show them how it feels and they lash out and cry for a whole page. Never seen a grown man cry like that Slap... classic funny stuff!!!

What's really funny is the one that started the whole thing got away scott free! I don't have a problem one with people disagreeing with me... I wake up the next morning and disagree with myself sometimes!!! I just think it's weak for people like Slap to say it's okay then cry when it happens to them. Guess my point is proved huh cry baby???

BTW, nice mod work Blue... after the first page of posts and no comments, you really show your true 'mod' colors!!!

Blueflame
02-04-2004, 08:33 PM
Okay, I'm kewl now.

Just pisses me off that people talk down to me like I should just accept negative rep so I show them how it feels and they lash out and cry for a whole page. Never seen a grown man cry like that Slap... classic funny stuff!!!

What's really funny is the one that started the whole thing got away scott free! I don't have a problem one with people disagreeing with me... I wake up the next morning and disagree with myself sometimes!!! I just think it's weak for people like Slap to say it's okay then cry when it happens to them. Guess my point is proved huh cry baby???

BTW, nice mod work Blue... after the first page of posts and no comments, you really show your true 'mod' colors!!!

If you felt that post was aimed at you specifically, I apologize, Bronco Man 13. That wasn't my intention; I'm 100% impartial in all this... an uninvolved observer, if you will.

Maximus
02-04-2004, 08:34 PM
I hear you crying but I really don't get a flying #@*$! You were the one that said negative anonymous rep was okay... so that makes it OKAY! Try to live with it... Just a little nudge to show you how much BS it is. The negative rep I received was from Maximus. I don't really care, just wanted to know who it was from. I know what is stance is on the whole race issue so I don't even feel the need to ask him. As for you, I think you are a hyporcritical little biatch, but that's okay to... maybe just your internet personality???I was gonna tell you why but, I didn't have the space so I replied to the thread which is the way to do it by consensus. BTW it wasn't the race issue it was the rumor part connected with the race issue that bugged me.

Rumor & Race don't belong in the same discussion IMHO it has to be all about facts... or at least the facts that are out in public.

Broncoman13
02-04-2004, 08:38 PM
I was gonna tell you why but, I didn't have the space so I replied to the thread which is the way to do it by consensus. BTW it wasn't the race issue it was the rumor part connected with the race issue that bugged me.

That's kewl, I understand where you are coming from and I know what your stance is on race to begin with. I'll get you back one of these days!!! :charge:

If you felt that post was aimed at you specifically, I apologize, Bronco Man 13. That wasn't my intention; I'm 100% impartial in all this... an uninvolved observer, if you will.

If you say so??? Doubt it, but whatever you say...

Rock Chalk
02-04-2004, 08:38 PM
This has turned from a rather entertaining flame war to a sympathy b!tch fest. I feel like Im watching some chic flick now.

Thanks blue, you ruined my fun! :gripe:

Moon§hiner
02-04-2004, 08:47 PM
She just blew her opportunity to be an exec for CBS...oops, that's on another thread...heh...seriously though, not that she needs defense, she wasn't moderating earlier today when page 1 was starting up, Bman...she's playing the nightwatchman er person now...I can see it where it's a sticky at the top

Maximus
02-04-2004, 08:47 PM
That's kewl, I understand where you are coming from and I know what your stance is on race to begin with. I'll get you back one of these days!!! :charge:

If you say so??? Doubt it, but whatever you say...

I know it's comming... Hilarious!

Now for the Record... on Race... I try to go down the middle Either I like you or I hate you. Most people I run across on a daily basis I like and that's not based on skin tone!

The above statement doesn't apply to donk fans Hilarious!

Blueflame
02-04-2004, 08:49 PM
If you say so Doubt it, but whatever you say...

Not exactly sure why you'd strongly suggest that you consider me a liar, Bronco Man... but whatever. Let's take it to PM if you have a problem with me, OK?

Thanks blue, you ruined my fun!

Sorry, Alec... ;D

Taco John
02-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Dammit... Where'd my popcorn smilie go!? I thought I loaded that thing!

Nice work Blue! :thumbsup:

This episode has to go down as one of the most amusing we've had in awhile, and completely unintentional.

I don't know that I signed all my positive or negative reps... But what I do know is that I was completely honest in every one I doled out, and if it was a major issue, had words with the person, and all seemed forgotton by the next day.

-Slap-
02-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey, LionGirl, nice post:

Funny that some chickenshiats give negative rep but they aren't man enough to speak up as to who they are. Forgive me for calling a spade a spade, guess some people can't live with honesty huh? For those of you that are man enough to put your name to your rep... Thank You! Pretty chickenshiat indeed! I don't think I'll be suprised as to who wrote it... if he even is man enough to admit it.

Hey, LionGirl, why don't you practice what you cry about? Two-faced hypocrite momma's boy.

Sorry I wasn't ready to rush out and burn a cross in <a href="http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1290" target="_blank">Terrell Owens</a>' front yard with you the other day. Why don't you give me some more negative rep to make yourself feel better?

I'm glad you showed your true colors, LionGirl. I've racked up six positive reps on this thread. Everybody enjoyed the way I exposed your gutless hypocrisy.

Taco John
02-04-2004, 08:58 PM
Everyone knew this was coming...

Broncoman13
02-04-2004, 08:58 PM
I'd agree with that TJ... I had pretty much forgotten about all the negative I'd handed out anyhow. Sorry once again....... to most of you.

PM'n you now Blue.

Blueflame
02-04-2004, 09:03 PM
PM'n you now Blue.

OK... I'll look for the message. :)

Broncoman13
02-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Hey, LionGirl, nice post:

Hey, LionGirl, why don't you practice what you cry about? Two-faced hypocrite momma's boy.

Sorry I wasn't ready to rush out and burn a cross in <a href="http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1290" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1290" target="_blank">Terrell Owens</a></a>' front yard with you the other day. Why don't you give me some more negative rep to make yourself feel better?

I'm glad you showed your true colors, LionGirl. I've racked up six positive reps on this thread. Everybody enjoyed the way I exposed your gutless hypocrisy.

Want a badge or a chest to pin it on? I could care less how many positive reps you got. You must have me confused with your two dollar hooker that cares???

Funny how Mr. High and Mighty here won't even post a picture of his sorry ass. Guess you have to hide behind a computer huh! Yeah, and I'm the gutless wonder.

BTW, I was expecting some criticism for posting the race take. You thinking I wanted to burn a cross in T.O.'s yard is a weak plea at trying to gain a little ammo against me. Again, I could care less what you think of me or anybody else on this board. If I thought that highly of you, you would have received a PM from me with my appologies.

Now rather than wasting time on your little whining ass I'm going to go watch my wife pull my daughters first tooth. Something a little more fun than listening to your empty takes. Too bad you are so hit and miss, you could be a good poster. Just have to weed through the personal attacks half the time, but that's what happens when people have a confidence problem... huh slappy!

-Slap-
02-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Want a badge or a chest to pin it on? I could care less how many positive reps you got. You must have me confused with your two dollar hooker that cares???

Your wife's not here, mother****er. Check the street.

Funny how Mr. High and Mighty here won't even post a picture of his sorry ass. Guess you have to hide behind a computer huh! Yeah, and I'm the gutless wonder.

Go look on the picture thread, gutless bitch.

Now rather than wasting time on your little whining ass I'm going to go watch my wife pull my daughters first tooth. Something a little more fun than listening to your empty takes. Too bad you are so hit and miss, you could be a good poster. Just have to weed through the personal attacks half the time, but that's what happens when people have a confidence problem... huh slappy!

Like I give a **** about you or your family.

Broncoman13
02-04-2004, 09:18 PM
-Slap-
This message is hidden because -Slap- is on your ignore list.
So sorry... Guess your worthless banter is just that...

My kid has been wanting to pull her tooth out for weeks now! Now it's finally loose enough and she won't let us!!! Any ideas anybody... just talking her into it I mean!!!

-Slap-
02-04-2004, 09:24 PM
How do you know I was even talking to you then?

People on ignore can tell when you clicked on read this post, dumbass.

Moon§hiner
02-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Only advice I can give Bman, is that it will come out when it's time....it always does

Broncoman13
02-04-2004, 09:26 PM
I know, it's her first one though so we're all kind of excited!

watermock
02-04-2004, 09:30 PM
What a can of worms.

If you believe what you type, why would neg rep bother you anyway?

And if your too incoherent to determine comedy from real analysis, you should just sit along the sidelines line Dan Marino. (real man of Genius sponsored by Bud Light)

Even in Revelation they said "The Heavens and Earth shall pass away, but these words shall not."

I'm taking this all down. :clown:

Broncoman13
02-04-2004, 09:37 PM
Not sure I always believe what I type!!! :D

Negative rep doesn't bother me, I've had other negative reps and never said a word. It wouldn't be a discussion forum if people weren't allowed to disagree. The whole point with slap was that somebody gave me negative rep (MAXIPAD!) and didn't say who or why. I was curious, especially b/c race was the main topic at the time. Maxi has since explained it and I understand exactly where he was coming from. Slap on the other hand felt people should keep rep anon. b/c I would confront them. I didn't agree and to show him how much BS it was I gave him some neg. rep. He didn't notice it at the time so it was kind of wasted, but it was damn funny to see him freak out at the thing he said I shouldn't worry about! I'm still laughing at his cry baby fit!!! Kids usually give up after a couple hours, this old man just keeps going and going and going! I bet I can drop another quarter in and keep him going all night long!!!

-Slap-
02-04-2004, 09:46 PM
What a can of worms.

If you believe what you type, why would neg rep bother you anyway?

And if your too incoherent to determine comedy from real analysis, you should just sit along the sidelines line Dan Marino. (real man of Genius sponsored by Bud Light)

Even in Revelation they said "The Heavens and Earth shall pass away, but these words shall not."

I'm taking this all down. :clown:

His temper tantrum the other day about negative rep followed by him doing the exact same thing is what caused his problem. I laughed at all the other negatives I received and I'm frankly surprised I didn't get more.

Anyway, he always trots out his family when he's looking for sympathy, so I guess I'll discard the carcass now.

Not sure I always believe what I type!!! :D

Negative rep doesn't bother me, I've had other negative reps and never said a word. It wouldn't be a discussion forum if people weren't allowed to disagree. The whole point with slap was that somebody gave me negative rep (MAXIPAD!) and didn't say who or why. I was curious, especially b/c race was the main topic at the time. Maxi has since explained it and I understand exactly where he was coming from. Slap on the other hand felt people should keep rep anon. b/c I would confront them. I didn't agree and to show him how much BS it was I gave him some neg. rep. He didn't notice it at the time so it was kind of wasted, but it was damn funny to see him freak out at the thing he said I shouldn't worry about! I'm still laughing at his cry baby fit!!! Kids usually give up after a couple hours, this old man just keeps going and going and going! I bet I can drop another quarter in and keep him going all night long!!!

All people have to do is read this thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9670&page=1&pp=40) to see you're full of ****, LionGirl.

Maximus
02-04-2004, 09:49 PM
I have given out only 2 negative reps. The only one that I enjoyed giving was to Beckyj4... She was so negative I just had to give it to her... I could barely contain my laughter when I clicked the button. If anyone else got a negative rep it was purely a mistake.

Broncoman13
02-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Whatever dude... stick it! Me and my little buddy Gilligan... I mean slap are trying to have a discussion here. He has a large barrier to contend with and feels I'm a racist so this could get interesting!

watermock
02-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Real Men of Genius...

Here's to you Dan Marino...

Take that job and shove it...

(shove it up you assholes, yeah)

You knew you were getting played for a fool and bailed out...

(Bailed out, yeah)

So this Bud's for you, Dan Marino, for reckognizing a sinking ship....

(True man of Genius....)

Broncoman13
02-04-2004, 09:58 PM
???

Meck77
02-04-2004, 10:12 PM

I'm pretty sure that was me Heavy 7. I can't recall for sure. I remember you were crying that someone gave you bad rep so I believe I gave you another. If I didn't I thought about it. Who knows.

It's kinda like the Panther who was whining about getting spit on during the SB. What good does it do to cry about getting spit on or getting a neg rep.

You generally have solid takes I just thought it was amusing that you would go out of your way to complain about one neg rep. I figured if you got another you would stop complaining about it. And I believe you did.

How the heck is everyone supposed to agree with everybody's takes all the time. That is why the options for rep are.......I agree or disagree with your post. It's pretty straightforward if you ask me.

If it makes you feel any better for me to say it in the open I will. Heavy I think you were a pussy for complaining about a neg rep you got.

I didn't always leave my name on postive rep and I didn't leave my name on your neg rep.

watermock
02-04-2004, 10:21 PM
How amusing.

I won't even give an analogy.

Broncoman13
02-04-2004, 10:37 PM
I thought I gave that rep... maybe not... I can't remember!!!

On a side note, my daughter just lost her first tooth!!!!!!!!!!! 4 years old and three more are loose!

Raider Bill
02-04-2004, 11:01 PM
I never saw people get so worked up over something that they claim not to care about in the first place.

Taco John
02-04-2004, 11:02 PM
"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane!"

http://www.charlesjongallery.com/images/Portraits-Jimmy-Buffett.jpg

Mtbrncofn
02-04-2004, 11:14 PM
I knew this would be hysterical! Sure has lived up to it, too.

watermock
02-04-2004, 11:39 PM
I can't help it.

I get all warm and fuzzy when we can kick each other in the nuts or non nuts close and personal. :bash:

Maybe we could even start wednesday night wrastlin'.

Times like this, the fight room wanes wax apon me...(whatever that means).

We used to fight like cats and dogs(more like crazy people threatening divine retribution) for fun over voice IP on MPlayer.

Taco had to totally reteach me manners like a kid that just came out of Lord of the Flies.

It would be pretty cool if you could steal some voice over IP Taco.

It's a kick. For the new chat room it would be cool.

I dunno if you can steal the software, but its out there.

REB
02-05-2004, 01:44 AM
What the hell is going on here!? Evidently a can of worms has been released! TJ, cancel rep before it becomes a addictive obsession! :) Is there any turning back? Is this rep thing anything like my son brings home from school that acknowledges his grades and good behavior? If you get lots of pretty orange stars does your daddy get a Orange Mane report card showing what a good poster you've been? LMAO!

REB

1-2-3-BRONCOS!!!!!!!

ChiefJustice
02-05-2004, 04:59 AM
Hilarious!
Tj has unleashed a monster!IMHO rep isn't a big deal...but,it should be doled out
accordingly.If you overwhelmingly agree,laugh, or just want to thank someone
for a good post...then you should hand out positive rep.The same goes with
negative rep.I am not in the habit of handing out neg. rep here or at the planet
unless i feel a post is in severe bad taste or if the poster is just trolling for it.
People may disagree about alot of things but,each is entitled to an opinion.To me,it is bad karma to go throwing around neg. rep. just because the other person might not have the same views as you.Hell,even Alec gave me positive
rep once(even though he wouldn't admit it in court)...and i am a Cheap fan.

Keep it civil or keep me laughing!Either way works for me.

:thumbsup:

Tredici
02-05-2004, 09:13 AM
This has turned from a rather entertaining flame war to a sympathy b!tch fest. I feel like Im watching some chic flick now.

Thanks blue, you ruined my fun! :gripe:

Hey Raenos, I get bad rep and it's all your fault. I tease you about having a vacation in a hot spot like Kansas and get the black dot. I wonder if they were defending your honor or that of Kansas?

HAhahAHHAhAHhAhahahahahahaha.

Meck77
02-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Kansas sucks! Where you at now Alec Texas? That place is even worse.

Old Dude
02-05-2004, 09:26 AM
Hey Raenos, I get bad rep and it's all your fault. I tease you about having a vacation in a hot spot like Kansas and get the black dot. I wonder if they were defending your honor or that of Kansas?

I think I gave Alec a black or neutral dot way back when for totally frivolous reasons; then realized that he was giving me more positive reps than anyone else. Now I feel guilty as hell.

Well, that's not completely true.

Probably, anyone who I neg-repped probably had it coming for something that they said to someone sometime in their lifetime even if I don't know what it was.

:stuck:

TheNextStep
02-05-2004, 09:31 AM
I don't normally neg rep anybody, either here or at CP. I choose to use the feature to tell somebody when I've really appreciated their contributions rather than acknowledge those whose contributions I didn't appreciate.

If you neg rep me, that's fine.
If you pos rep me, that's fine.
If you don't rep me at all, that's fine.

I think it is funny how many people are getting worked up over this crap...

Tredici
02-05-2004, 09:32 AM
I think I gave Alec a black or neutral dot way back when for totally frivolous reasons; then realized that he was giving me more positive reps than anyone else. Now I feel guilty as hell.

Well, that's not completely true.

Probably, anyone who I neg-repped probably had it coming for something that they said to someone sometime in their lifetime even if I don't know what it was.

:stuck:

I think totally frivolous is the only reason for rep at all...

The thing I can't get quite get my head around is there must actually be people who go whining to TJ about he said/she said. WTF? He ain't nobody's Mama. Even that didn't work for me. My Mama always said - fight your own battles. Jeez. Bunch of tattletales. Don't go taking it behind the scenes. Slugging it out here in the open is far more entertaining for the rest of us.

-Slap-
02-05-2004, 11:16 AM

The thing I can't get quite get my head around is there must actually be people who go whining to TJ about he said/she said. WTF? He ain't nobody's Mama. Even that didn't work for me. My Mama always said - fight your own battles. Jeez. Bunch of tattletales. Don't go taking it behind the scenes. Slugging it out here in the open is far more entertaining for the rest of us.

I wish Taco would release a list of the people who've e-mailed him with the most tearful complaints. That would be way more entertaining than the latest crap from ESPN.

Blueflame
02-05-2004, 10:44 PM

Sometimes small misunderstandings can be easily ironed out by PM chats behind the scenes... but sometimes things are going to erupt into open hostilities, too... and I have no problem with that. However... when people (potential new board members) stop by for their first visit ... do we really want their first impression of the 'Mane to be clicking on the top thread of the main board to find a knockdown, drag-out flame war? I'm not sure that's the ideal image we, as a community, want to project... and it's not like there aren't other "in the open" places to stage the entertainment. ;D

Tredici
02-05-2004, 10:45 PM
You're just too perfect, Blue.

Blueflame
02-05-2004, 10:48 PM
You're just too perfect, Blue.

LOL Nah... not by a long shot... :P

Raider Bill
02-05-2004, 10:51 PM
This thread is still going on?.....8 pages about something that people claim not to care about in the first place?:0.

Needa Pass Rush
02-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Will someone please rep me? I don't care what flavor... I just need some stinkin' rep! Ha!

watermock
02-05-2004, 11:49 PM
:redbutt:

You have to earn bad rep, you can't just beg for it.

Mock's kitten has decided to take unilateral action against a q-tip in a premptive strike....I guess he has been watching too much Faux News.

He also loves to chase my Mr. Peanut Underwear. (don't ask)

Arkie
02-06-2004, 05:13 AM
I just gave out my first neg. rep. about 20 minutes ago.

Why are there two threads about rep on the main board? I had to pop Gonzo for starting the 2nd thread. What are the chances he retaliates?

It's funny. I gave my only neg rep to a baby who was complaining about getting neg rep. He asked for it. It's more like he advertised himself for it. thwack

rustyfari
02-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Me and the Raiders fans have been exchanging positive rep. it seems that misery loves company.

Pezman
02-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Me and the Raiders fans have been exchanging positive rep. it seems that misery loves company.

Yeah, its too bad fin fan wasn't here for the misery too!

HEAV
02-06-2004, 05:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that was me Heavy 7. I can't recall for sure. I remember you were crying that someone gave you bad rep so I believe I gave you another. If I didn't I thought about it. Who knows.

It's kinda like the Panther who was whining about getting spit on during the SB. What good does it do to cry about getting spit on or getting a neg rep.

You generally have solid takes I just thought it was amusing that you would go out of your way to complain about one neg rep. I figured if you got another you would stop complaining about it. And I believe you did.

How the heck is everyone supposed to agree with everybody's takes all the time. That is why the options for rep are.......I agree or disagree with your post. It's pretty straightforward if you ask me.

If it makes you feel any better for me to say it in the open I will. Heavy I think you were a pussy for complaining about a neg rep you got.

I didn't always leave my name on postive rep and I didn't leave my name on your neg rep.

If you would have read the take "here" and "then" you would have noticed I have no problem getting Neg rep. My Problem was that it was a one word Expletive, with no name attach. The Person threw a one word neg rep, that didn't tell me why he or she didn't like my post or give me any info on how to improve my post.

I just think it's funny how you where so behind the new feature and trying to improve the board, yet you lowered yourself to the standards you where against? If my takes where solid why then have I never received a positive rep from you? But the minute I question why I get a one word neg rep with no clear meaning, you bash me. You tried to carry yourself as Mr. Good bar around here, yet you act like this? Meck you may be a great guy, I really don't know, but when you say one thing then do the opposite it really makes you look bad. Also popping of with you little tude (Heavy7) really makes me think less of you now more than ever (Yes I know you could give a crap). You talked a good game ,but I see the real Meck. Getting nameless one line neg rep from a KC, Raider fan that does it for fun is one thing. Getting it from a fellow Bronco fan and a person that I have talked to many times on here that was wrong. I come here for fun a to share info and Idea's not for all the B.S that goes on. Same B.S. you told me you didn't want. How can you ever expect to build the board up with the "Old Boy" mentality going on.

The person who Neg rep me sent me a PM and we worked it out there, he or she told me what there reason was and we squashed it. Seems you could have done the same thing. I didn't say names or call anyone out into the open. I just wanted the person to know how I felt about them before I knew it was them and how I felt after finding out it was them. The respect I had for both dropped a few points. Yes I did have respect for what you do, and have done for the board and the tailgating. (Yes I know you could give a crap) For now I'm done talking about this in public, and filling the board with this Negative junk. If you want to continue in PM it's all good.

Rock Chalk
02-06-2004, 06:17 PM
:redbutt:

You have to earn bad rep, you can't just beg for it.

Mock's kitten has decided to take unilateral action against a q-tip in a premptive strike....I guess he has been watching too much Faux News.

He also loves to chase my Mr. Peanut Underwear. (don't ask)

Ha! Come on Mock, you just popped me with a negative rep for thinking its a popularity contest and agreeing with it! I dont care mind you, when I bother to hand out rep again i might throw some back your way.

I guess, for you, I should take it as a positive comment eh? Ha!

Nnyah!

Rock Chalk
02-07-2004, 01:16 AM

If someone chooses to defend Kansas, they are on their own. Bleh.

Old Dude, were you the one that gave me bad rep for my gun picture? Thats the only one i dont know about. I think someone was just making a joke since I made the comment about "anyone give me bad rep and this is what you get" with the picture underneath.

I dont care if you give me bad rep Old Dude. I dont give you good rep and expect it in return, i give you good rep on posts I dubiously agree with and because you have some of the most solid takes on this board. Same with Tredici and Blueflame (partially, her return rep is worth 20 points i have noticed so I did try to pimp rep from here especially since TJ cant take a f*cking joke and bad rep'ed me for some stupid **** and his is also uber-weighted). I dont care anymore. bad rep good rep, whatever. I know who likes me and who doesnt now and the rest of the people I didnt like anyway so they can all just kiss my ass.

Rock Chalk
02-07-2004, 05:00 PM
That kinda came off wrong and I want to clarify. I give rep ONLY to people that deserve it. I didnt mean to imply I only give rep to blue because her rep is weighted.

orange 4 life
02-07-2004, 05:07 PM
That kinda came off wrong and I want to clarify. I give rep ONLY to people that deserve it. I didnt mean to imply I only give rep to blue because her rep is weighted.

i think those of us that are familiar with your posts all know what you meant.

here's a rep question.

obviously the orange dots are good and the black dots are bad.
how do the blue dots come about?
i have a couple of those with nice comments attached.

anyway, no biggie but i was curious since when i give rep the only options are approve or disapprove so im wondering where this third choice is.
thanks in advance for an answer.

jake

Rock Chalk
02-07-2004, 05:18 PM

here's a rep question.

anyway, no biggie but i was curious since when i give rep the only options are approve or disapprove so im wondering where this third choice is.

jake

The blue dots jake are rep (either pos or neg) from people that do not have enough reputation built up yet to affect your rep rating. Its a neutral rep whether they did you for pos or neg it doesnt matter, you get no points one way or the other for it.

HEAV
02-07-2004, 05:20 PM

here's a rep question.

jake

Jake,

I was told that those are people who have little (or at the time had) not much rep themselves. The more Rep a person has the more there's count when ther give it out.

Old Dude
02-10-2004, 10:28 AM
If someone chooses to defend Kansas, they are on their own. Bleh.

Old Dude, were you the one that gave me bad rep for my gun picture? Thats the only one i dont know about. I think someone was just making a joke since I made the comment about "anyone give me bad rep and this is what you get" with the picture underneath.

I dont care if you give me bad rep Old Dude. I dont give you good rep and expect it in return, i give you good rep on posts I dubiously agree with and because you have some of the most solid takes on this board. Same with Tredici and Blueflame (partially, her return rep is worth 20 points i have noticed so I did try to pimp rep from here especially since TJ cant take a f*cking joke and bad rep'ed me for some stupid **** and his is also uber-weighted). I dont care anymore. bad rep good rep, whatever. I know who likes me and who doesnt now and the rest of the people I didnt like anyway so they can all just kiss my ass.

I honestly don't remember what I bad-repped you for. Like I said, I retaliated against several people at the same time, after receiving an anonymous bad-rep - - that turned out to be from a lurker - of all things.

Anyway, I stopped bad-repping people well before the veil was lifted, except for dumping on a few rival fans - just because.

I always enjoy your posts Alec. Anyone who digs Zelazny has got to be a cool dude.