PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim gameplay trailer

Archer81
02-24-2011, 09:15 AM
<OBJECT id=vid_4d65ae032db5b96c8b000030 class=ign-videoplayer data="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf" width=480 height=270 type=application/x-shockwave-flash></OBJECT>
More Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Videos (http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/02/24/skyrim-gameplay-trailer)

:Broncos:

PRBronco
02-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Looks pretty cool imo!

Pontius Pirate
02-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Looks much better than Oblivion re: graphics. I hope that they seriously cut-down on the amount of loading screens though. I'm playing Oblivion for the first time and damn, the game is half loading screens.

Broncosfreak_56
02-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Game of the decade.

Broncosfreak_56
02-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Looks much better than Oblivion re: graphics. I hope that they seriously cut-down on the amount of loading screens though. I'm playing Oblivion for the first time and damn, the game is half loading screens.

The box or the computer?

Bronco Boy
02-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Those games are dangerous. IV made me a hermit for about a month.

TheReverend
02-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Those games are dangerous. IV made me a hermit for about a month.

Never played any of them, but I love nerd games. Worth picking them up?

Archer81
02-24-2011, 10:58 AM

Elder Scrolls IV and Fallout 3 use the same engine, so the games are similar. My buddy has Elder Scrolls Iv and he loves it. I plan on getting ES V, just to see what the fuss is about.

Kaylore
02-24-2011, 10:59 AM

They're ok. A bit overrated but they have some cool moments. I've played since III and enjoy them.

Pontius Pirate
02-24-2011, 11:19 AM
The box or the computer?

Broncosfreak_56
02-24-2011, 11:37 AM

Yeah, the load times are pretty terrible on the xbox. That is what I played Oblivion on for about 400 hours. I could probably tell you all the loading screens from memory

Willynowei
02-24-2011, 11:55 AM

IMO only worth the pickup if you can run it maxed out on a gaming rig, but thats because I play these games (oblivion, fallout etc.,) only for scenery and the graphics, I really do not get into the gameplay at all...

Gameplay mechanics are very slow paced, basic and non-strategic (exception being the generally expansive RPG elements invovled in the character development that can get pretty hardcore), its not what I would call an "action" game, more of an "exploration" game.

In one sentence I would say this type of game is designed very well for making you feel like a little kid getting lost in the woods, dreaming up that you are on a big adventure to somewhere.

Kaylore
02-24-2011, 01:17 PM
IMO only worth the pickup if you can run it maxed out on a gaming rig, but thats because I play these games (oblivion, fallout etc.,) only for scenery and the graphics, I really do not get into the gameplay at all...

Gameplay mechanics are very slow paced, basic and non-strategic (exception being the generally expansive RPG elements invovled in the character development that can get pretty hardcore), its not what I would call an "action" game, more of an "exploration" game.

In one sentence I would say this type of game is designed very well for making you feel like a little kid getting lost in the woods, dreaming up that you are on a big adventure to somewhere.

This is a pretty good description of it, however I would add the woods you get lost in are pretty awesome and you can cast magic/break stuff with an axe or sword. It's free form, or "sand box" style so if you like stuff like Fallout, you will like it.

HILife
02-24-2011, 01:46 PM
I am REALLY looking forward to this game. Can't wait!

Chris
02-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Fallout is more my thing but I'm sure I'll have fun with this. I don't generally like fantasy or anything not set in the real world UNLESS it's done with some visual flair like Dead Space or this series. I couldn't really get into Mass Effect 2 because it just reeked "Geeks do Sci Fi" from top to bottom even though it was clearly a good game.

Los Broncos
02-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Fallout is more my thing but I'm sure I'll have fun with this. I don't generally like fantasy or anything not set in the real world UNLESS it's done with some visual flair like Dead Space or this series. I couldn't really get into Mass Effect 2 because it just reeked "Geeks do Sci Fi" from top to bottom even though it was clearly a good game.

Have you finished FO 3?

Requiem
02-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Can't wait. I sold my 360 a few years ago so I'll have to get a new system to get this.

Chris
02-24-2011, 02:28 PM
Have you finished FO 3?

No way... but I know quite a few people that did and logged in over 100 hours. You never really 'finish' that game.

Pontius Pirate
02-24-2011, 02:40 PM
No way... but I know quite a few people that did and logged in over 100 hours. You never really 'finish' that game.

I think I finished the main quest in FO3 in ~50 hours. Probably could've done it quicker - it's just all the little side-quests and places to explore that get you side-tracked.

I hear in Skyrim, they are doing away with the levelled system.

Archer81
02-24-2011, 02:40 PM

FO 3 ate up my entire summer a few years back. Just so much...and then they decided hey, lets make FO: New Vegas...

Chris
02-24-2011, 02:41 PM
My thing is with my lousy work hours (OM is a nice release during those ours) I hardly want to spend a ton of my free time sitting in front of another screen.

Los Broncos
02-24-2011, 02:46 PM

No ****, I bought the game and loved it but I don't have 100+ hours to play it.

NUB
02-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Eh. I thought Oblivion was a terrible, obnoxiously-green meadow simulator so I'm not holding my breath. I really enjoyed Morrowind to the point I was molding over I played it so much, but that was a long time ago at this point.