Drunk Monkey
02-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Oh Really, This should be interesting.

oubronco
02-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Uh Oh :spit:

Archer81
02-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Yay. He is starter in late February...talk to me in September.

:Broncos:

oubronco
02-24-2011, 08:46 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/24/john-fox-says-kyle-orton-is-broncos-starter/

“As far as I’m concerned, he’s under contract and he’s the starting quarterback (http://twitter.com/#!/nfldraftscout/status/40804205551820800) for the Denver Broncos,” Fox said of Orton, according to multiple reporters passing along his comments on Twitter. “Kyle Orton is our starter (http://twitter.com/#!/jwyattsports/status/40804160383356928).”

jhns
02-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Orton is the kind of QB a defensive coach likes. That being said, it seems Fox hasn't finished watching all of this years game tape. He will change his mind when he gets to the last few games and sees that Tebow clearly out played Orton even though he was a rookie getting backup reps.

Really though, nothing they say right now means much. They could be looking to trade Orton. You don't get max value by saying he was clearly beat by an unpolished rookie and won't play for you again.

bronco_diesel
02-24-2011, 08:53 AM
We'll see what happens when they have a new CBA in place.

Smiling Assassin27
02-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Orton is closer to Delhomme than Tebow is. I could see Fox--for the purpose of a February depth chart--say this. As someone already said, talk to me in September after a legitimate qb competition takes place.

_Oro_
02-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Adding more fuel to the Tebow fire, sh*ts gonna get crazy.

bowtown
02-24-2011, 09:07 AM
Orton is the kind of QB a defensive coach likes. That being said, it seems Fox hasn't finished watching all of please years game tape. He will change his mind when he gets to the last few games and sees that Tebow clearly outlawed Orton even though he was a rookie getting backup reps.

Really though, nothing they say right now means much. They could be looking to trade Orion and you don't get max value by saying he was clearly beat by an polished rookie and won't play for you again.

Still struggling with the phone typing, huh?

schaaf
02-24-2011, 09:07 AM
If Orton is starter on Opening Day I'm going to Off myself.

bronco militia
02-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Fox is in for a rude awakening if Orton is still the starter for the home opener. Wouldn't it be epic if that game was against the Bears (thy're on the schedule)?

:D

jhns
02-24-2011, 09:09 AM
Still struggling with the phone typing, huh?

Just need to learn to spell and turn off auto correct. Yes though, I have trouble typing on the touch screen keyboard.

Archer81
02-24-2011, 09:18 AM
It could be a sweet dream (Tebow) or a beautiful nightmare (Orton)...you pick, Fox.

:Broncos:

Rigs11
02-24-2011, 09:18 AM
Fox is tearing this team apart!

2KBack
02-24-2011, 09:19 AM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo130/Dj-essen/popcorn.gif

Tombstone RJ
02-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Not a shocker at all, Orton is the vet and is under contract and is getting a fat paycheck. Like other's have noted, this doesn't mean much in February...

schaaf
02-24-2011, 09:22 AM
I just hope this is directed to be to get the idea of him starting to possible trades

Taco John
02-24-2011, 09:23 AM
LOL! Yeah right. Apparently Fox missed the fact that the Broncos marketing department has been slamming Tebow's face on everything, including the season ticket renewal materials. Orton is going to have the heat turned up on him in the preseason, and under that hot a light, he just doesn't perform so well. Tebow, on the other hand, doesn't seem to mind the spotlight.

It's probably the right thing to do to "announce" at this point, but like water will find a way to it's lowest point, Tebow will find a way into the QB starting position. It's just the natural order of things.

TD30
02-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Yeah it's way to early to get upset but I just want to see what we have in Tebow. If the kid is the real deal we are set if not play him the entire season and the worst thing that could happen is we are in a position to get luck. Orton the best thing that could happen is 4 to 8 wins. I won't mind a lock out if Orton does start....no interest to watching him play.....phantom fetal position sacks rule!!!!

2KBack
02-24-2011, 09:27 AM
It really is quite simple. Orton is the veteran incumbent and a good player. There needs to be open competition to insure the smoothest of transitions.

srphoenix
02-24-2011, 09:36 AM
This is clearly being done for trade reasons, no point in declaring orton a backup and worthy of less trade compensation when the whole nfl world knows he is as good as gone. Tebow will be the starter next season orton will be far away from denver. Just remember what all the talk was when fox was being hired and look at the media material, I.e. the stuff that sells the tickets

BroncoMan4ever
02-24-2011, 09:39 AM
i call bull****. smokescreen to keep his trade value up in the hopes that a CBA is worked out prior to the draft, and also to keep him from getting pissed off if the team can't unload him prior to next season.

HAT
02-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Of course he is. Why do people think that since Tebow replaced an injured Orton for a few games that he's all of a sudden passed him on the depth chart?

I'm personally hoping they can swing a KO trade before camp but if not, it then it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Orton remain the starter. That's what you get when you hire an older, conservative, defensive minded coach.

Cito Pelon
02-24-2011, 09:41 AM
A little more about the same Combine interview today:

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/27638746

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-24-2011, 09:44 AM

What can I do to help? Are your affairs in order?

Beantown Bronco
I wonder how much the timing of this announcement had to do with the leak about Tebow spraining his throwing shoulder the other day.

HAT
LOL! Yeah right. Apparently Fox missed the fact that the Broncos marketing department has been slamming Tebow's face on everything, including the season ticket renewal materials.

Tebow is the most marketable player on the team. Of course his face is on everything. Are you saying Fox was hired to merely be a yes man and will have his starting QB forced on him by Bowlen, the marketing Dept, and the fans?

mkporter
02-24-2011, 09:46 AM
A little more clarity, as reported by Andrew Mason:

@MaxDenver:
Fox reiterates that Orton is the starter now, but as for the season, "I can't predict (who starts) Week 1. That's why I say, 'today.'"

http://twitter.com/#!/MaxBroncos/status/40812789366788096

mwill07
02-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Of course he is. Why do people think that since Tebow replaced an injured Orton for a few games that he's all of a sudden passed him on the depth chart?

I'm personally hoping they can swing a KO trade before camp but if not than it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Orton remain the starter. That's what you get when you hire an older, conservative, defensive minded coach.

And there's nothing wrong with that either. Assuming KO is around come July, there will be a full-fledged QB competition. If Tebow has progressed to the point where Fox believes he will give the team the best chance to win, he will start. That's all there is to it, and it would be foolish for Fox to anoint Tebow the starter without having seen either one play.

KO is the incumbent starter, and will remain so until Tebow beats him on the field, or KO is traded.

HAT
02-24-2011, 09:55 AM
And there's nothing wrong with that either. Assuming KO is around come July, there will be a full-fledged QB competition. If Tebow has progressed to the point where Fox believes he will give the team the best chance to win, he will start. That's all there is to it, and it would be foolish for Fox to anoint Tebow the starter without having seen either one play.

KO is the incumbent starter, and will remain so until Tebow beats him on the field, or KO is traded.

Exactly. It's weird how people here think the full fledged Tebow era has begun just because he was an injury replacement for a few games.

I'm especially confused by Taco's take. Just yesterday he posted this:

Yep. I agree with this. I think he's capable of winning a SB, but at this point, my highest expectation is that I want to see this team back on stable ground. I absolutely believe John Fox is the right guy for that job.

But now he seems to be saying he wants Fox to just be a yes man and go with Tebow because he's more marketable.

jhns
02-24-2011, 10:00 AM
Exactly. It's weird how people here think the full fledged Tebow era has begun just because he was an injury replacement for a few games.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that Tebow out played Orton in those live games. He did this without McDaniels calling the plays. He did this as a rookie that only got backup reps all season.

Los Broncos
02-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Nooooooooooo!

Dr. Broncenstein
02-24-2011, 10:04 AM
So, it's settled then?

strafen
02-24-2011, 10:05 AM
It doesn't really matter whether Orton gets traded or not.
The way Tebow is preparing himself this off-season tells me he won't be denied.

A raw Tebow is a whole lot better than an experienced Orton as evidenced last year.
A more prepared Tebow this time around, and the competition won't even be close.
Tebow in 2011...

strafen
02-24-2011, 10:06 AM
So, it's settled then?There's no way Orton will be the starting QB.
If he is, it won't be for long...trust me!

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 10:10 AM

I'm personally hoping they can swing a KO trade before camp but if not, it then it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Orton remain the starter. That's what you get when you hire an older, conservative, defensive minded coach.

Fans don't have to support this kind of coaching incompetence.. if a coach can watch the film of Orton playing last season and not see he is doomed then your team is doomed.

But this is the same guy that let his team draft Clausen... should it really be a surprise he is fooled by fool's gold Orton?

My fear is that Orton will start.. quickly get injured and Tebow will have to take over again with ZERO preparation again.

Soul-Bronco
02-24-2011, 10:15 AM
I wonder how much the timing of this announcement had to do with the leak about Tebow spraining his throwing shoulder the other day.

link? havent seen this yet

HAT
02-24-2011, 10:15 AM
You seem to be ignoring the fact that Tebow out played Orton in those live games. He did this without McDaniels calling the plays. He did this as a rookie that only got backup reps all season.

I'm not ignoring anything. Like the majority, I HOPE Tebow starts every game in 2011 and I have been saying that since last summer. I'm simply pointing out that I think it's odd that many here believe it to be a foregone conclusion.

See, unlike you jhns....I don't pretend to know what's best for this team:

I personally wanted Koetter as HC over Fox.
I personally want Peterson at #2.
I personally want Tebow to start.

But I'm okay with it if NONE of those happen because at the end of the day I'm just a fan with an opinion. And you won't see me polluting every thread for the next 2 years because I didn't get my way (like you did with Cutler)

HAT
02-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Fans don't have to support this kind of coaching incompetence.. if a coach can watch the film of Orton playing last season and not see he is doomed then your team is doomed.

But this is the same guy that let his team draft Clausen... should it really be a surprise he is fooled by fool's gold Orton?

So you're saying that the decision should be made based solely on 2010 game film and not on what happens on the field this summer?

That's a weird take....Even for a nut like you.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 10:24 AM
So you're saying that the decision should be made based solely on 2010 game film and not on what happens on the field this summer?

That's a weird take....Even for a nut like you.

That was a nutty thing to say. If he isn't basing his decision on past performances then why is he saying Orton is the current starter? Fail. Go back to sleep, sheep.

Taco John
02-24-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm especially confused by Taco's take.

I'm not sure why you are confused by my take. My take is that Tebow is the best quarerback on this team, and on opening day, the best quarterback will be the starter - and if that's not the case, the home stands will act as you would expect they would until they are getting that.

I don't think Fox is a moron. He's doing pretty predictable things right now. He'd be stupid to just anoint Tebow the starter at this point, even if the majority of the fan base believes he's won the job on merit by now. There's a lot that needs to shake out, and maximizing Orton's value is a smart move.

HAT
02-24-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure why you are confused by my take. My take is that Tebow is the best quarerback on this team, and on opening day, the best quarterback will be the starter - and if that's not the case, the home stands will act as you would expect they would until they are getting that.

I don't think Fox is a moron. He's doing pretty predictable things right now. He'd be stupid to just anoint Tebow the starter at this point, even if the majority of the fan base believes he's won the job on merit by now. There's a lot that needs to shake out, and maximizing Orton's value is a smart move.

I agree with almost all of this....I just got confused because it seemed like you were inferring that Tebow being on all the marketing materials will somehow influence the final decision.

Cito Pelon
02-24-2011, 10:32 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/14734114

Carolina's Ron Rivera also commenting from the Combine about franchise Qb's. Still evaluating. . . . .

meangene
02-24-2011, 10:32 AM
What's annoying is how all the talking heads are going to take this quote out of context and run with it. Guaranteed to be a story on NFLN and ESPN which will bring out all the Tebow doubters to say "I told you so".

Cito Pelon
02-24-2011, 10:36 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports

Lot of speculation-worthy quotes there from John Fox, Rivera, etc. Carry on.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 10:38 AM

There is a disease among NFL fans and coaches.. it's called NFL ultraconservativism..

Something about NFL people causes them to take ZERO risks.. but it's risk viewed by some bizarre traditions that aren't based in reality.

Remember when the greatest coach in NFL history lost a game after going for a passing play on a 4th and 1 and lost the game to Peyton manning and got crucified?

This is the same kind of NFL ultraconservatism that almost had Tebow fall out of the draft because he was so unique and that caused Orton to be starter over Tebow last season as well.

Orton is ALWAYS going to look better in practice and preseason.. because he is feeding into this kind of mentality with his play. He LOOKS like an NFL QB.. in the NFL that is more important than how you actually play.

Our only hope might be the players mutinying in the locker room..

HAT
That was a nutty thing to say. If he isn't basing his decision on past performances then why is he saying Orton is the current starter? Fail. Go back to sleep, sheep.

Because Orton IS the incumbent and it makes sense to say that if you are even remotely looking to trade him.

If Orton is on the roster when camp starts, then Fox should make his decision based on what he sees live and in person....With Tebow & Orton's strengths and weaknesses in running HIS system at the moment. Not based on film from 6-9 months ago running McD's and an interim coach's systems.

2KBack
While I am certainly a Tebow fan, I really think his legend keeps growing on potential more than anything right now. He was fun to watch those last three games, but let's not forget the guy only completed 50% of his passes and is averaging a pick a game. The sample size is simply too small to go all in on the guy. It would be considerably irresponsible to do so.

People want to gamble on greatness, I get it. Just make him beat the guy in front of him. 3 fun, if inconsistent, games isn't enough. If Tebow is so great, and Fox is the smart coach so many support, then it will be a non-issue.

boppool
02-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Settle down, folks.
If Fox had come out and said Tebow would be the starter, then that makes Orton the back up which not only declines his trade value, but makes him very unhappy. Whereas Tebow could care less. He knows he has future in this organization and may motivate him more to compete (not that he needs any more).

I see this as win-win.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Because Orton IS the incumbent and it makes sense to say that if you are even remotely looking to trade him.

If Orton is on the roster when camp starts, then Fox should make his decision based on what he sees live and in person....With Tebow & Orton's strengths and weaknesses in running HIS system at the moment. Not based on film from 6-9 months ago running McD's and an interim coach's systems.

Ohh.. so it's a conspiracy.. LOL

jhns
02-24-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm not ignoring anything. Like the majority, I HOPE Tebow starts every game in 2011 and I have been saying that since last summer. I'm simply pointing out that I think it's odd that many here believe it to be a foregone conclusion.

See, unlike you jhns....I don't pretend to know what's best for this team:

I personally wanted Koetter as HC over Fox.
I personally want Peterson at #2.
I personally want Tebow to start.

But I'm okay with it if NONE of those happen because at the end of the day I'm just a fan with an opinion. And you won't see me polluting every thread for the next 2 years because I didn't get my way (like you did with Cutler)

But I do know what's best for the team. It isn't pretending. It isn't my fault you all trolled everyone that questioned McDaniels. I wasn't the one claiming some of the worst moves this franchise has ever made were in fact good. I just continually told it like it was. Me pointing out the obvious upset many of you because you weren't smart enough to understand. This isn't my fault. McDaniels stupidity was a special situation though. I didn't agree with everything Shanahan did and won't agree with everything Fox does. I didn't go around calling Shanahan a failure at every turn, just like I don't with Fox. You see, they don't look like they are trying to fail. People here aren't trolling to defend every retarded move they make. Someone needed to try helping the average Bronco fan stop looking like a complete idiot.

Anyways, it is obvious why people consider Tebow the starter. Orton was out played by Tebow.

HAT
02-24-2011, 10:43 AM
There is a disease among NFL fans and coaches.. it's called NFL ultraconservativism..

Something about NFL people causes them to take ZERO risks.. but it's risk viewed by some bizarre traditions that aren't based in reality.

Remember thwent eh greatest coach in NFL history lost a game after going for a passing play on a 4 and 1 and lost the game to Peyton manning and got crucified?

This is the same kind of NFl ultraconservatism that almost had Tebow fall out of the draft because he was so unique and that caused Orton to be starter over Tebow last season as well.

Orton is ALWAYS going to look better in practice and preseason.. because he is feeding into this kind of mentality with his play. He LOOKS like an NFL QB.. in the NFL that is more important than how you actually play.

Our only hope might be the players mutinying in the locker room..

This I agree with. I can't stand watching coaches punt on 3rd & 5 from the 36....Touchback. Yay, you gained 16 yards of field position.

Hopefully, this CBA mess gets worked out sooner than later and Denver can trade Orton. QB competitions are good but QB controversies are not.

TheReverend
02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Orton is closer to Delhomme than Tebow is. I could see Fox--for the purpose of a February depth chart--say this. As someone already said, talk to me in September after a legitimate qb competition takes place.

That's undeniably true... but you would hope he'd have learned his lesson the first time around

Cito Pelon
02-24-2011, 10:49 AM
53 minutes ago - Coach John Fox was asked about potential fallout from fans after henamed Kyle Orton the QB over popular Tim Tebow. "That's today," Fox said. "I've always believed competition is important ... and we'll see. I like all three guys. They've all had various degrees of sucess. They're different. And we're going to play the one that plays the best." Broncos RapidReports

TheReverend
02-24-2011, 10:49 AM
This I agree with. I can't stand watching coaches punt on 3rd & 5 from the 36....Touchback. Yay, you gained 16 yards of field position.

Hopefully, this CBA mess gets worked out sooner than later and Denver can trade Orton. QB competitions are good but QB controversies are not.

I don't think I've ever witnessed someone punt on 3rd and 5.

HAT
02-24-2011, 10:51 AM
A) But I do know what's best for the team. It isn't pretending.

Blah, blah, blah...McDaniels, McDaniels, McDaniels, blah, blah, blah.

B) Anyways, it is obvious why people consider Tebow the starter. Orton was out played by Tebow.

A) Yes, that's why you are posting on a fan board from your cell phone.

B) By 'people" I'm assumin you are again only referring to fans?

Didn't you base one of your whole Cutler diatribes on "Even Elway agrees me!...ZOMG, Elway said Cutler wasn't handled properly therefore I'm the bestest"

Well guess what? Neither Elway or Fox consider Tebow the starter at this time.

HAT
02-24-2011, 10:52 AM
I don't think I've ever witnessed someone punt on 3rd and 5.

Touche' :thanku:

Kaylore
02-24-2011, 10:53 AM
A little more clarity, as reported by Andrew Mason:

@MaxDenver:

http://twitter.com/#!/MaxBroncos/status/40812789366788096

Oh! And here I thought he meant that Orton is Denver's starter for all eternity!

jhns
02-24-2011, 11:00 AM
A) Yes, that's why you are posting on a fan board from your cell phone.

B) By 'people" I'm assumin you are again only referring to fans?

Didn't you base one of your whole Cutler diatribes on "Even Elway agrees me!...ZOMG, Elway said Cutler wasn't handled properly therefore I'm the bestest"

Well guess what? Neither Elway or Fox consider Tebow the starter at this time.

I was sure proven correct by the results. Even while on a cell phone...

Yes the fans, isn't that who you were talking about anointing Tebow starter?

Yes I do use Elway to back my Cutler take. He also said that well after the season played out. He also had nothing to gain from that. He has a lot to gain by saying Orton is the starter at this point, even if he doesn't believe it. It is funny that you can't see the difference in the situations.

Rigs11
02-24-2011, 11:08 AM
ha ha. the tebowners are all upset because Fox and elway are not listening to them.

jhns
02-24-2011, 11:11 AM
ha ha. the tebowners are all upset because Fox and elway are not listening to them.

Drama queens make up drama.

TailgateNut
02-24-2011, 11:12 AM

PM me your address, I'll send you some shells!:spit:

Drek
02-24-2011, 11:13 AM
What is Fox going to say? "yeah, Orton is Tebow's backup until I can ship him out of town"?

Orton's the veteran, its essential that Fox shows some loyalty to the vets, especially if there is a lockout. Also, the more this team acts like they're ok with keeping both QBs the more unlikely it is that every team in the league calls our bluff on not trading Orton when a CBA is in place.

Its a big benefit to us if the draft comes and goes without a CBA if you ask me. We're sitting on four picks in the first three rounds as it is and should the draft occur before a CBA is in place we'll have a lot of QB hungry teams wondering where exactly Newton or Gabbert are going to go, unsure if they can get a Kolb/Young/Orton/etc.. We're picking #2 so we're the ideal place to leap frog Buffalo, who needs a QB. If we work out such a trade back we'll also have a very good gauge on what teams are interested in a new QB, so we'll basically have a call list to shop Orton to the day a CBA is put in place. Not to mention other teams are probably much more likely to risk high value compensation on Orton if its a 2012 pick instead of a 2011 pick. Keep the draft stocked for years to comes.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 11:15 AM

The Tebowners know how good Tebow actually is.. you should listen to them. You would be saving yourself a lot of time and heart ache. McD lost his job by not starting Tebow..

The Broncos fans are going to lose another season by Elway and Fox making the same mistake this season...

Orton is the ultimate fool's gold. Also, let's not forget Orton isn't going to have McD carrying him anymore.. we saw what happened to Orton last season without McD.

He's probably going to get injured very early in the season and Tebow will have to once again come in mid season with zero prep. And both him and the fans will pay for another boneheaded move based on NFL ultraconservativism.

Elway is a lot like Mcd.. being inexperienced it puts you in a position of weakness. You have to make safe moves and you lack the experience to allow you to think outside of the box.

TailgateNut
02-24-2011, 11:15 AM
LOL! Yeah right. Apparently Fox missed the fact that the Broncos marketing department has been slamming Tebow's face on everything, including the season ticket renewal materials. Orton is going to have the heat turned up on him in the preseason, and under that hot a light, he just doesn't perform so well. Tebow, on the other hand, doesn't seem to mind the spotlight.

It's probably the right thing to do to "announce" at this point, but like water will find a way to it's lowest point, Tebow will find a way into the QB starting position. It's just the natural order of things.

This could backfire when it turns out he really can't walk on water.

Bronco Yoda
02-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Kyle orton starting qb

Per pft. John fox quote

Translation: We're looking for 'Starter QB' compensation for all those interested in a deal.

sisterhellfyre
02-24-2011, 11:31 AM

Promise? Can we watch? Video feed would probabl work best.

Unless you're just talking about spraying mosquito repellent on yourself. That would just be kinda silly.

If you inhaled the Off, now that could get interesting again.

BroncoMan4ever
02-24-2011, 11:40 AM

A raw Tebow is a whole lot better than an experienced Orton as evidenced last year.
A more prepared Tebow this time around, and the competition won't even be close.
Tebow in 2011...

Tebow is working like his career is on the line. he looked raw but good the last 3 weeks of the season and the way he is working, i am expecting a night and day difference between those games to what he will look like in 2011

CEH
02-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Think about it . If the labor agreement is not signed till Aug and they give the teams 3 weeks for camp till the first reg season game who is most likely to start given that noone had the opportunity to practice togehter in an organized fashion

Orton makes the most sense in that case. If we have a normal season I think Orton will be traded

maven
02-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I have absolutely no problems with Kyle Orton being the starting QB today.

8')

Tombstone RJ
02-24-2011, 11:48 AM
Think about it . If the labor agreement is not signed till Aug and they give the teams 3 weeks for camp till the first reg season game who is most likely to start given that noone had the opportunity to practice togehter in an organized fashion

Orton makes the most sense in that case. If we have a normal season I think Orton will be traded

meh, it's a wash I say. Using the the logic that Orton is the starter because he's the most experienced QB on the roster is valid if there was not a whole new system to learn. But Fox is bringing in a whole new system to learn which pretty much levels the playing field for Orton and Tebow.

Broncos4Life
02-24-2011, 11:50 AM

Tebow in 2011...

Word!
Tebow ain't ****in around! While Orton is hangin out with Jack Daniels, Tebow will be in the gym and running wind sprints. Tebow is going to get it because of his work ethic, determination, and leadership. Right now Orton is probably trying to recover from last nights boozing.

cutthemdown
02-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Orton probably the better QB for a coach like Fox who wants experience and smart QB play.

We didn't lose any games last yr IMO specifically because Orton wasn't any good. He's just not good enough with crap defense, special teams, no running game, oline not playing well.

At same time I think Tebow would be hard to stop. How consistent he could be is another story. I think it's smart though for them to name orton starter and keep him.

Tebow has the personality to take it like a man and Orton will have more value if he isn't just cast aside. Still I am somewhat surprised Fox making a decision right now. More then likely it's not set in stone.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-24-2011, 11:52 AM
I didn't even know we had a game today.

oubronco
02-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Don't sound like he's endorsing anyone to me.

"I don't think we'll really figure it out until we start competing," Fox said. "It's a group of three that are very capable. Right now Kyle Orton is our starter. We have a young guy, high draft pick, in Tim Tebow who got his feet wet last year to wards the end of the season.
"And then shoot, Brady Quinn I'm looking forward to seeing."

Read more: Broncos' Fox: Kyle Orton starting quarterback, for now - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17472507#ixzz1EuLts7Rr) http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_17472507#ixzz1EuLts7Rr
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

2KBack
02-24-2011, 12:04 PM
meh, it's a wash I say. Using the the logic that Orton is the starter because he's the most experienced QB on the roster is valid if there was not a whole new system to learn. But Fox is bringing in a whole new system to learn which pretty much levels the playing field for Orton and Tebow.

Fox isn't bringing a new offensive system, that's why McCoy was retained. He'll certainly change the balance of the playcalling, but the terminology and such should remain the same.

HorseHead
02-24-2011, 12:11 PM
chillax...it's February for criss'sakes

Rigs11
02-24-2011, 12:22 PM
The Tebowners know how good Tebow actually is.. you should listen to them. You would be saving yourself a lot of time and heart ache. McD lost his job by not starting Tebow..

The Broncos fans are going to lose another season by Elway and Fox making the same mistake this season...

Orton is the ultimate fool's gold. Also, let's not forget Orton isn't going to have McD carrying him anymore.. we saw what happened to Orton last season without McD.

He's probably going to get injured very early in the season and Tebow will have to once again come in mid season with zero prep. And both him and the fans will pay for another boneheaded move based on NFL ultraconservativism.

Elway is a lot like Mcd.. being inexperienced it puts you in a position of weakness. You have to make safe moves and you lack the experience to allow you to think outside of the box.

really? that's why mcd got fired?not our record? interesting.tell you what ,I'll leave it to the headcoach to make the decision that he thinks best benefits the team.and if tebow cant raise his paltry completion percentage,he has just as much a chance of getiing hurt as orton does.

BroncoBuff
02-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Starting Orton is a waste of time ... we're just spinning our wheels.

go_broncos
02-24-2011, 12:43 PM
I don't believe what coaches say..

Broncoman13
02-24-2011, 12:45 PM

Broncos Marketing Tebow does not make him the QB. Elway doesn't seem to be big on starting Tebow right now. I think he'll make a play for Andrew Luck next year regardless of how this season goes. We shall see, but I wouldn't be surprised if they try to flip one of our 2nds for a first next year to give them the ammo to move up for Luck. Hopefully Elway will warm up to Tebow being his franchise QB. Love me some Tebow!

HAT
02-24-2011, 12:46 PM
really? that's why mcd got fired?not our record? interesting.tell you what ,I'll leave it to the headcoach to make the decision that he thinks best benefits the team.and if tebow cant raise his paltry completion percentage,he has just as much a chance of getiing hurt as orton does.

MacG is not even a Bronco fan Rigs. He followed Tebow over from Gator-Land and probably thinks Denver would've won the SB last year had McD named Tebow the starter last September.

Gcver2ver3
02-24-2011, 12:54 PM
as long is this is about trade posturing, i'm good...

and i know its early and a lot is left to be determined...

but if this comes to be true, i don't know if i can sit through another season of Orton... he got his shot, i saw the results, i'm ready to move on...

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 01:06 PM

Vick had a 50% completion percentage most his career and was a pro bowler. Tebow also has a great yard per pass and improves the run game incredibly..

Tebow could dink and dunk great numbers ruining the run game and fall in the fetal position too. Blame ORTON for putting up those hollow numbers NFL personnel suckers can't pass on not Tebow for actually playing to win games.

And if Tebow had played more last year there is no question the Broncos would have had a better record and seen Tebow's potential earlier which would have saved McD..

But sadly because Tebow plays so unconventionally I guarantee ou people still would have thought Orton would be better if Tebow made mistakes playing aggressively ather than timidly like Orton.

Orton plays to keep his starting job not to win games.. and it works because NFL people are suckers. Tebow doesn't play those games.. he plays to win games and he has been criticized his whole career and guys like Orton and cam Newton are rewarded for playing the game.

mkporter
02-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Oh! And here I thought he meant that Orton is Denver's starter for all eternity!

I try, and try, and try, but I still can't seem to keep you from flying off the handle with your wild assumptions. Eventually someone will get through to you, and you'll be able to be reasonable.

tsk tsk

TDmvp
02-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Question .

Why did we hire the only coach to coach a NFL team to a ****tier record then we had last year.

At this point after watching 2 years of it I wouldn't pay money to watch a team lead by Kyle .

That ship has sailed.

Kaylore
02-24-2011, 01:11 PM

This is an excellent point. One that a lot of people will miss.

Rigs11
02-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Vick had a 50% completion percentage most his career and was a pro bowler. Tebow also has a great yard per pass and improves the run game incredibly..

Tebow could dink and dunk great numbers ruining the run game and fall in the fetal position too. Blame ORTON for putting up those hollow numbers NFL personnel suckers can't pass on not Tebow for actually playing to win games.

And if Tebow had played more last year there is no question the Broncos would have had a better record and seen Tebow's potential earlier which would have saved McD..

But sadly because Tebow plays so unconventionally I guarantee ou people still would have thought Orton would be better if Tebow made mistakes playing aggressively ather than timidly like Orton.

Orton plays to keep his starting job not to win games.. and it works because NFL people are suckers. Tebow doesn't play those games.. he plays to win games and he has been criticized his whole career and guys like Orton and cam Newton are rewarded for playing the game.

how long does tebow get? To prove his worthiness?orton got 2 years.

gyldenlove
02-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Oh wow, a surprising number of people who need a panty unbunching.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 01:32 PM

Orton got more than 2 years.. he had all his time at Chicago too.. you think those guys would take him back?

And that's the thing.. guys like Orton are REWARDED for playing to LOSE. All that matters is you put up pretty but hollow numbers and "look" like a QB.

Homer Simpson
02-24-2011, 01:37 PM
Oh wow, a surprising number of people who need a panty unbunching.

Exactly, trade posturing. Many players have quotes about Orton stating he'll do well wherever he ends up (Lloyd).

Chill folks, Tebow starts whenever we next play a game!

Smiling Assassin27
02-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah, but can Orton do this?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p768-7QWDZY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oubronco
02-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, but can Orton do this?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p768-7QWDZY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Any dogs in the house roo roo roo roooo

strafen
02-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Oh, come on...
Orton has been in the league longer than that; even then, having proven his worth to the Broncos is still in question...
How could you possible entertaint the idea of having Orton as our starting QB?
The guy is horrible!

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Exactly, trade posturing. Many players have quotes about Orton stating he'll do well wherever he ends up (Lloyd).

Chill folks, Tebow starts whenever we next play a game!

How does it make sense to posture and then talk about trading a player?

If we all "know" the Broncos are trading Orton then how could actual NFL people not know this? So then why is there the need to posture?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-24-2011, 02:04 PM
Question .

Why did we hire the only coach to coach a NFL team to a ****tier record then we had last year.

At this point after watching 2 years of it I wouldn't pay money to watch a team lead by Kyle .

That ship has sailed.

Answer: Because he's an experienced coach who has led a team to the Super Bowl.

Smiling Assassin27
02-24-2011, 02:13 PM
I tend to agree with this assessment:

10. John Fox, Panthers -- It seems strange to rank a coach this high when he's in charge of a team that barely has a pulse, but he's a very good coach who simply needs to move on when his contract expires at the end of this season. Some of Carolina's problems are self-inflicted. The contract extension Jake Delhomme got after that performance in the playoffs against Arizona was ridiculous, and I can't believe the front office would have done it if Fox wasn't so loyal to Delhomme. Now their quarterback situation is the worst in the league (though Arizona might have a counter argument). The NFL is a cold business, and loyalty isn't always a good thing.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/thetoydepartment/2010/11/were_now_past_the_midwaypoint.html

TDmvp
02-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Answer: Because he's an experienced coach who has led a team to the Super Bowl.

Thank you .

bowtown
02-24-2011, 02:41 PM
How does it make sense to posture and then talk about trading a player?

If we all "know" the Broncos are trading Orton then how could actual NFL people not know this? So then why is there the need to posture?

Yeah you're right, it makes much more sense to come out and say "Kyle is teh suXXors aN he da wosrt QB evah!!1!! Who wan to trd him 4 some piks?"

It may not be the greatest ruse in the world to name him our starter for leverage sake, but it sure as hell beats doing the alternative so that Gator fans can all hump their fatheads for an extra 6 months this offseason. What harm does it do to wait to see how the negotiations and offesason shake out before showing your ENTIRE hand?

vancejohnson82
02-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Yeah you're right, it makes much more sense to come out and say "Kyle is teh suXXors aN he da wosrt QB evah!!1!! Who wan to trd him 4 some piks?"

It may not be the greatest ruse in the world to name him our starter for leverage sake, but it sure as hell beats doing the alternative so that Gator fans can all hump their fatheads for an extra 6 months this offseason. What harm does it do to wait to see how the negotiations and offesason shake out before showing your ENTIRE hand?

It's not worth even acknowledging this kid's opinions on the Broncos or the Broncos QB situation. He is a COMPLETE Tebow homer and if Orton is eventually named the starter and John Fox suddently recieves death threats, I guarantee it would be MacGruder.

He didn't even watch the Broncos last year, so his opinion is kinda worthless. That being said, you're right, this is all just playing the personnel game.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 02:53 PM

You don't have an answer..

Just say it.. no need to dress it and **** on me because you all are talking out of your butts. !Booya!

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 02:58 PM
It's not worth even acknowledging this kid's opinions on the Broncos or the Broncos QB situation. He is a COMPLETE Tebow homer and if Orton is eventually named the starter and John Fox suddently recieves death threats, I guarantee it would be MacGruder.

He didn't even watch the Broncos last year, so his opinion is kinda worthless. That being said, you're right, this is all just playing the personnel game.

How can I be a Tebow homer when I am not from Florida and not religious.

Tebow is a great player.. end of story.

If this whole "Posturing" thing made sense I would be all for it.. but it makes no sense.

The only way it makes sense is if the Broncos have to keep Orton as starter if no one wants to trade for him because Orton is pouting. And that puts us in the same situation.. with Orton starting and wasting another season.. AND Tebow missing more development time because of King Neckbeard. They would be better off dumping Orton and blowing the money and the trade value for the better of the team and the season. Orton doesn't even have any trade value anyway.. people saw his sorry a$$. Only people that don't realize that apparently are people in Denver..

razorwire77
02-24-2011, 02:59 PM
February depth charts. . . .

Serious business. . . .

Blueflame
02-24-2011, 03:05 PM

I disagree. "Spygate II" was the straw that broke the camel's back and McDaniels was as good as gone. Nothing was going to save him at that point.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 03:16 PM
I disagree. "Spygate II" was the straw that broke the camel's back and McDaniels was as good as gone. Nothing was going to save him at that point.

I disagree.. I think if the Broncos were winning and Tebow was exciting the fans McD would have gotten punished but not fired.. Ppygate was just an excuse because the team was playing so poorly.

Blueflame
02-24-2011, 03:34 PM
I disagree.. I think if the Broncos were winning and Tebow was exciting the fans McD would have gotten punished but not fired.. Ppygate was just an excuse because the team was playing so poorly.

No. If it had "only" been a losing season (if Spygate II hadn't happened) then it's possible that McDaniels would still be HC today... or at the minimum, he would have finished the season as HC. Spygate II was most certainly <b>not</b> "an excuse".

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 03:37 PM
No. If it had "only" been a losing season (if Spygate II hadn't happened) then it's possible that McDaniels would still be HC today... or at the minimum, he would have finished the season as HC. Spygate II was most certainly <b>not</b> "an excuse".

It was.. because Bowlen said the outcry of fans is what made him fire McD. If the Broncos were winning and had hope there never would have been such a big fan outcry. People even thought Orton was carrying McD.. when it was the other way around.

Tombstone RJ
02-24-2011, 03:42 PM
How can I be a Tebow homer when I am not from Florida and not religious.

Tebow is a great player.. end of story.

If this whole "Posturing" thing made sense I would be all for it.. but it makes no sense.

The only way it makes sense is if the Broncos have to keep Orton as starter if no one wants to trade for him because Orton is pouting. And that puts us in the same situation.. with Orton starting and wasting another season.. AND Tebow missing more development time because of King Neckbeard. They would be better off dumping Orton and blowing the money and the trade value for the better of the team and the season. Orton doesn't even have any trade value anyway.. people saw his sorry a$$. Only people that don't realize that apparently are people in Denver..

Bronco fans realize that the best way to get trade value for Orton is to say he is the starting QB, regardless of what the front office's ultimate intentions are. The fact the Fox has made this statement about Orton solves several different pragmatic problems for the team: 1. It acknowledges Orton and his accomplishments, 2. It take pressure off of Tebow, should he not be ready to start, 3. It doesn't show the Broncos hand when it comes to trading Orton, 4. It does increase the competition at the QB position IF Orton stays, 5. It adds depth to the Broncos QB position...

IMHO, you are not a "Broncos" fan, you are more of a Tebow fan and that is fine. However, what the Broncos are doing just makes sense and there's really nothing to b**** about IF your are truly a Broncos fan.

zdoor
02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
It's about trade value.... But, at least it's something to talk about...

HAT
02-24-2011, 03:48 PM
IMHO, you are not a "Broncos" fan, you are more of a Tebow fan and that is fine. However, what the Broncos are doing just makes sense and there's really nothing to b**** about IF your are truly a Broncos fan.

No opinion necessary....He's flat out stated that he is not.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 04:01 PM
No opinion necessary....He's flat out stated that he is not.

It makes a helluva a lot more sense to be a Tebow homer than it does to be the homer of a terrible team.. !Booya!

When you figure that out your problems will be solved..

Garcia Bronco
02-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Tim will be the starter.

_Oro_
02-24-2011, 04:09 PM
It makes a helluva a lot more sense to be a Tebow homer than it does to be the homer of a terrible team.. !Booya!

This is really a strange idea for a troll. I think it would be much more natural to go and be a fan of the team that your favorite college player went to. Afterall, they did pick your favorite player to be their franchise quarterback in the first round. You'd think after that you would cut them a little more slack.

Blueflame
02-24-2011, 04:15 PM
It was.. because Bowlen said the outcry of fans is what made him fire McD. If the Broncos were winning and had hope there never would have been such a big fan outcry. People even thought Orton was carrying McD.. when it was the other way around.

Still disagree. It wasn't "an excuse"; it was "the reason" why McDaniels was fired. And yes, a significant portion of the fanbase was disgusted and alienated by Spygate II. After Spygate II happened, it was no longer a question of if; it was when McDaniels would be fired.

Orton is what he is: a serviceable journeyman QB who can succeed in the right offensive system. But he will never be elite or a "game-changer". McDaniels also is what he is: a good OC who isn't yet ready for a HC position.... and certainly was nowhere near ready to handle as much power as he was given by the Broncos.

epicSocialism4tw
02-24-2011, 04:23 PM
There's now stopping Tebow's roll right now. Its manifest destiny.

epicSocialism4tw
02-24-2011, 04:25 PM
This is the franchises way of saying "this guy didnt lose his starting job when he was hurt...Tebow took it from him."

KevinJames
02-24-2011, 04:30 PM
He also said the 3 QBs will compete.

TDmvp
02-24-2011, 04:34 PM
He also said the 3 QBs will compete.

God please not Brady Quinn , We should send him to the Bengals , their fans want him LOL ...

Anything to never see him in a Broncos uni again...

HAT
02-24-2011, 04:36 PM

Nothing could be further from the truth junior.

Players come, players go. Coaches come, coaches go. Stadiums come, stadiums go. Logos & uniforms come, logos & uniforms go. I root for the Denver Broncos.

You got that son? The DENVER MOTHER****ING BRONCOS & don't you forget it.

http://www.ortzion.org/Bronco-mascot-Thunder-II.jpg

2KBack
02-24-2011, 04:37 PM
Nothing could be further from the truth junior.

Players come, players go. Coaches come, coaches go. Stadiums come, stadiums go. Logos & uniforms, logos & uniforms go. I root for the Denver Broncos.

You got that son? The DENVER MOTHER****ING BRONCOS & don't you forget it.

http://www.ortzion.org/Bronco-mascot-Thunder-II.jpg

http://iml.jou.ufl.edu/projects/Fall03/Dawson/salute.jpg

The Moops
02-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Tebow will beat him out. Orton isn't going to get better.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 04:47 PM
This is really a strange idea for a troll. I think it would be much more natural to go and be a fan of the team that your favorite college player went to. Afterall, they did pick your favorite player to be their franchise quarterback in the first round. You'd think after that you would cut them a little more slack.

I just don't look at it in those terms.. I think people who do are suckers. This whole "fan fanatic" thing is something created by these people selling garbage products - bad teams.

I like Tebow because he's a great player. Period.

Why would you be a fanatic of an inept player or team?

Tim
02-24-2011, 04:50 PM
kyle orton sucks, John fox is an idiot. Start Tebow

vancejohnson82
02-24-2011, 04:52 PM
I just don't look at it in those terms.. I think people who do are suckers. This whole "fan fanatic" thing is something created by these people selling garbage products - bad teams.

I like Tebow because he's a great player. Period.

Why would you be a fanatic of an inept player or team?

you're right....becuase inept teams are always inept

and what will you do when Tebow retires? stop watching football?

OABB
02-24-2011, 04:55 PM
If orton starts, I'm going Jhns on fox.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 05:01 PM
you're right....becuase inept teams are always inept

and what will you do when Tebow retires? stop watching football?

Tebow's not the only great player.. I just focus in him because he is sooo great and because there is so much controversy around him.. so many misconceptions.. plus he is very unique as a talent. That is what all this stems from. I am drawn to unique revolutionary talents for some reason. Dirk Nowitzki is another guy I think is great that is highly underrated and misunderstood and revolutionary. I think their uniqueness makes them transcendent talents as well.

And no I am not saying Denver always has been or always will be inept. But just because they we great and well run doesn't mean they are now. It is what it is.. like I said.. right now Tebow is bigger than this team.. that could change. But with moves like playing Orton over Tebow it's not going to change. So why support that?

Also, I don't think you should over look screwing someone over just because you are a fan of a team. Just like I wouldn't want to see the Broncos screwed over for the benefit of my favorite player. It's just about right and wrong.. Just because Tebow is a pro and will take getting screwed over like a man doesn't mean he should have to.

HAT
02-24-2011, 05:06 PM
If orton starts, I'm going Jhns on fox.

I will laugh my balls off simply because guys like that:

Hated McD first for Cutler,
Thus hating Orton because he isn't Jay,
Thus Loving Tebow because he is not Orton,
Yet still refuse to give McD credit for Tebow in the first place,
Thus still hate McD,
Thus loving Fox because he is not McD.....

Those dudes ain't gonna know WTF to think if Fox starts Orton.

HAT
02-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Tebow is bigger than this team.

Hahaha...You can't make this **** up. Did he save you from the black helicopters once or what?

ghostofjosh
02-24-2011, 05:18 PM
ahhhh.the famous kiss of death...in other news kyle orton will be traded by monday after those comments

FireFly
02-24-2011, 05:19 PM
I just hope this is directed to be to get the idea of him starting to possible trades

This is my thinking as well.

I fully expect Orton to be traded, but the honest truth is I'd rather have him as a highly paid back up

Play2win
02-24-2011, 05:21 PM

If none of that other McD **** happened-- and Spygate II is the only thing that happened, there is still a strong possibility that McDaniels would have been gone. Wins and losses included...

gunns
02-24-2011, 05:24 PM
I could care less who starts in September (if there is a start). I will be far more interested in what the defense looks like.

Play2win
02-24-2011, 05:24 PM
If no starter is named, or if Tebow is named starter = Orton buthurt

If Orton named starter = Tebow... Well you saw the commercial, didn't you?!?

Play2win
02-24-2011, 05:26 PM
The way FOX handles the QB situation will be in stark contrast to the way both Shanny and McDaniels muffed it. I think the difference is going to be night and day.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 05:27 PM
If none of that other McD **** happened-- and Spygate II is the only thing that happened, there is still a strong possibility that McDaniels would have been gone. Wins and losses included...

Winning covers a lot of BS.. some of the biggest Aholes ever survive because they are in a good situation and or are incredibly talented and win.

gunns
02-24-2011, 05:28 PM

Spygate was not an excuse, it was the straw that broke McD's back. I'm sure lack of people in the seats was bending that straw, badly, also.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Hahaha...You can't make this **** up. Did he save you from the black helicopters once or what?

Hell.. this team is so bad right now Orton is almost bigger than this team.. now that's bad!

You were the one talking about conspiracy theories! :thumbsup: :P

Play2win
02-24-2011, 05:31 PM
I just don't think so in this case, in respect to McD and Spygate II in regards with Pat Bowlen and the integrity of the Denver Broncos. Maybe the firing wouldn't have happened mid-season, but it would have happen. Just the way I see it.

Play2win
02-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Spygate was not an excuse, it was the straw that broke McD's back. I'm sure lack of people in the seats was bending that straw, badly, also.

See, I think all the other stuff were straws, and spygate II was a 10 ton mother****ing TIMBER...

KipCorrington25
02-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Yeah Orton sucks, we'll see... The losing with Orton and the negative PR, Tebow will be in there by week 2 if they are stupid enough to think Orton can get it done.

jhns
02-24-2011, 05:50 PM
I will laugh my balls off simply because guys like that:

Hated McD first for Cutler,
Thus hating Orton because he isn't Jay,
Thus Loving Tebow because he is not Orton,
Yet still refuse to give McD credit for Tebow in the first place,
Thus still hate McD,
Thus loving Fox because he is not McD.....

Those dudes ain't gonna know WTF to think if Fox starts Orton.

I give McDaniels credit for Tebow. Like I have said many times though, one good move doesn't make a team. A lot of bad moves, with few good moves, gives you the worst season in franchise history.....

If Fox starts Orton, I will just think he has bad taste in QBs. Good thing he is a defensive coach and Orton doesn't turn the ball over much. At least a run first, defensive team fits Orton better than a pass first team...

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Yeah Orton sucks, we'll see... The losing with Orton and the negative PR, Tebow will be in there by week 2 if they are stupid enough to think Orton can get it done.

Offensive Linemen are pretty smart.. I think one of them "accidentally" slips and let's Clay Mathews blindside Orton in preseason.. problem solved.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Offensive Linemen are pretty smart.. I think one of them "accidentally" slips and let's Clay Mathews blindside Orton in preseason.. problem solved.

So it's your contention that not only do the linemen on this team like Tebow a LOT, they also HATE -- hate is the word because they're willing to get him injured -- Kyle Orton. Even though there's zero evidence of this whatsoever.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 06:19 PM
So it's your contention that not only do the linemen on this team like Tebow a LOT, they also HATE -- hate is the word because they're willing to get him injured -- Kyle Orton. Even though there's zero evidence of this whatsoever.

I think they are just smart.. why repeat what happened last season? If Orton can't physically handle the NFL then let it happen early rather than wasting a whole season to learn the same thing again.. especially knowing you have Tebow chomping at the bit..

I think the guys in the locker room wanted Orton last season which prevented Tebow from starting because they wrongly believed Orton was better prepared. I would imagine like the fans they realize that was wrong now.

If the guys in the locker room could sway it one way last season why not the other way this season?

Marshall Dumervil
02-24-2011, 06:29 PM
If the guys in the locker room could sway it one way last season why not the other way this season?

Because no pro player is going to intentionally let a teammate get injured.

wtf man do you really believe Clady or any lineman would do that?

ZONA
02-24-2011, 06:30 PM
This is clearly being done for trade reasons, no point in declaring orton a backup and worthy of less trade compensation when the whole nfl world knows he is as good as gone. Tebow will be the starter next season orton will be far away from denver. Just remember what all the talk was when fox was being hired and look at the media material, I.e. the stuff that sells the tickets

Amazing how nearly everybody so far can't understand that. No duh people. I would have been really concerned if Fox and the new management would have came out and said Orton was the backup. That would have dropped his trade value fast.

Crushaholic
02-24-2011, 06:33 PM
I think they are just smart.. why repeat what happened last season? If Orton can't physically handle the NFL then let it happen early rather than wasting a whole season to learn the same thing again.. especially knowing you have Tebow chomping at the bit..

I think the guys in the locker room wanted Orton last season which prevented Tebow from starting because they wrongly believed Orton was better prepared. I would imagine like the fans they realize that was wrong now.

Orton had the best year of his career...

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Because no pro player is going to intentionally let a teammate get injured.

wtf man do you really believe Clady or any lineman would do that?

But that's the whole point.. only Orton would get injured in that situation.. that's WHY he shouldn't be the QB and Tebow should. It's going to happen eventually.. If it's going to happen let it happen early while you can still save the season.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Orton had the best year of his career...

Not according to McD.. Mcd said a QB should be judged by his production in 3rd downs and the end zone.

Also, the success he had was because of McD and his offensive system.. they were carrying him not the other way around. He was just the beneficiary.

gunns
02-24-2011, 06:50 PM
See, I think all the other stuff were straws, and spygate II was a 10 ton mother****ing TIMBER...

I think the lack of people in the seats sealed McD's fate, Spygate sealed it before the end of the season.

WolfpackGuy
02-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Just a ploy to puff up Orton's value.

Here's to holding out for a 5th rounder!

eddie mac
02-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Just a ploy to puff up Orton's value.

Here's to holding out for a 5th rounder!

There's at least 6-8 teams who'll be looking for a new starter this year and I dont see too many glowing rooks. If a CBA is agreed, Orton is gonna be a hot commodity.

Requiem
02-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Draft Berk Roberts!

yerner
02-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Good. It shows Fox knows what he's doing.

OABB
02-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Good. It shows Fox knows what he's doing.

Or that he doesn't care about scoring, or third down conversions.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-24-2011, 08:03 PM

Or that he doesn't have Tebow's balls in his mouth. Which is probably best for everyone.

OABB
02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Or that he doesn't have Tebow's balls in his mouth. Which is probably best for everyone.

Better than you having your cheeks draped by ortons labia.

cutthemdown
02-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Orton can play but he cant throw ball 400 times like he was on pace to. His arm loses zip and he gets worn out.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Orton can play but he cant throw ball 400 times like he was on pace to. His arm loses zip and he gets worn out.

I think defensive intensity ramps up and he can't handle it physically. That's why he breaks down at the end of games and later in the season.

It's like a football team that is good in the regular season but not the playoffs. Orton's game is built for the preseason. He's got a college players body in a man's game. He does have the skills of an NFL player though.. just not the NFL physical tools.

RaiderH8r
02-24-2011, 08:38 PM

Take it easy Kyle, no need to get all snippy.

This is good salesmanship; you don't announce your car's a piece of **** before putting it up for sale. It's the best damned car on the lot and as far as we're concerned it's not for sale...right now.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Better than you having your cheeks draped by ortons labia.

So balls are better than p***Y? You'd prefer balls in your mouth to pussy on your face? Strong take.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-24-2011, 08:41 PM

This is good salesmanship; you don't announce your car's a piece of **** before putting it up for sale. It's the best damned car on the lot and as far as we're concerned it's not for sale...right now.

I'm just messing with the guy.

But I don't honestly believe that the world will end if Tebow doesn't start for us on Opening Day (assuming there IS an opening day). Orton improved immensely in his second year here. He could improve again, and there are still a lot of questions about Tebow.

If Orton is the starter, the sun will come up tomorrow.

epicSocialism4tw
02-24-2011, 08:50 PM

For a team with an already-good defense, Kyle Orton is worth a 2nd round pick. He'll provide them with enough to put teams away. Especially if they have receivers who can make plays after the catch.

Minnesota is a perfect fit for him. Their second-rounder isnt an early round pick either. If I was a Minnesota fan, I'd be excited at that prospect.

OABB
02-24-2011, 09:08 PM
So balls are better than p***Y? You'd prefer balls in your mouth to p***Y on your face? Strong take.

Not my mouth we were talking about. Anyone backing orton at this point is either stupid, dumb, retarded or an idiot. Or butthurt like tailgatenut. Anyone watching football knows tebow outperformed orton. Anyone saying otherwise is either a moron, fool, or a dunce.

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 09:13 PM
The only thing Orton is better at is managing the game.. and I think Tebow could be better at that too if he didn't care so much about winning.

Tebow is wired to go for the jugular. Orton is wired to protect his mangina... but that may be simply be because Orton knows how limited he is talent-wise and Tebow has all the talent imaginable.

RhymesayersDU
02-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Anyone backing orton at this point is either stupid, dumb, retarded or an idiot.

This really should be a poll for the Orton backers.

OABB
02-24-2011, 09:16 PM
Orton is the titanic. And his supporters are the peasant class locked behind the gates.

TDmvp
02-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Orton is the titanic. And his supporters are the peasant class locked behind the gates.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/2664/titanic1u.jpg

MacGruder
02-24-2011, 09:45 PM

Are Elway and Fox the drunk captain or the engineer trying to avert the disaster?

OABB
02-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Are Elway and Fox the drunk captain or the engineer trying to avert the disaster?

They are the iceberg.

NUB
02-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Perrish Cox is that dude who gets on the lifeboat before the women and children.

epicSocialism4tw
02-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Dude, your photoshops are hilarious. Keep 'em comin'.

We need some good union thug photoshops. You should get on that. :thumbsup:

vancejohnson82
02-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Perrish Cox is that dude who gets on the lifeboat before the women and children.

or with the women....while they're sleeping....with his pants off

strafen
02-24-2011, 10:29 PM

Man, that's perfect! lol! :spit: :thumbsup:

TailgateNut
02-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Not my mouth we were talking about. Anyone backing orton at this point is either stupid, dumb, retarded or an idiot. Or butthurt like tailgatenut. Anyone watching football knows tebow outperformed orton. Anyone saying otherwise is either a moron, fool, or a dunce.

Please forgive me for not bowing when a rokkie QB does well in a few meaningless games.

You may now return to sucking TimBows cock.

SoCalBronco
02-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Nice tactic to get other teams to increase their offers for Orton.

Fox is an experienced guy and knows how to play the game well.

strafen
02-24-2011, 10:41 PM

Fox is an experienced guy and knows how to play the game well.True, but it is not secret Tebow will be our starting QB as soon as this season.
They may want to create the impression Tebow is not ready, and that could well be as you're saying...

Punisher
02-25-2011, 03:37 AM
Honestly Orton is pretty good, but Tebow is the starter they just want him to work even harder for the starting position.

Drek
02-25-2011, 06:28 AM

Fox is an experienced guy and knows how to play the game well.

Pretty much. There's just no other way Fox can answer Orton related questions. Kyle is an established veteran starter. If he even says something as nebulous as "its an open competition" or "that will be decided in camp" everyone will assume its Tebow's job to lose.

Fox isn't dumb enough to tie his hands like that. Whenever a trade to offload Orton can be made it probably will and the Tebow/Quinn era will officially begin.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-25-2011, 06:30 AM
True, but it is not secret Tebow will be our starting QB as soon as this season.
They may want to create the impression Tebow is not ready, and that could well be as you're saying...

Speak to text strikes again.

yerner
02-25-2011, 07:25 AM

For the record, I think they all suck.

chawknz
02-25-2011, 07:25 AM
Stop this madness. Kick Orton the hell out of town and put Tebow where he needs to be, at starting QB.

OABB
02-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Please forgive me for not bowing when a rokkie QB does well in a few meaningless games.

You may now return to sucking TimBows cock.

I would forgive you if it was that simple. But you know it's not. He whooped your teams ass in college and you can't get over it. Hence butthurt. You said it yourself.

TailgateNut
02-25-2011, 08:09 AM
I would forgive you if it was that simple. But you know it's not. He whooped your teams ass in college and you can't get over it. Hence butthurt. You said it yourself.

Drinking this early in the morning is frowned upon.

My team?Hilarious!

Emmbry Riddle doesn't have a football team!

OABB
02-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Drinking this early in the morning is frowned upon.

My team?Hilarious!

Emmbry Riddle doesn't have a football team!

Than why the college butthurt?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Why is it such a problem for the Tebow fanboys to have Tebow actually EARN the spot in head-on competition? If he's as good as you believe, why is this a problem for you?

OABB
02-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Why is it such a problem for the Tebow fanboys to have Tebow actually EARN the spot in head-on competition? If he's as good as you believe, why is this a problem for you?

Because he allready did.

2KBack
02-25-2011, 08:22 AM

The conflict for this coming season is shaping up to be between those that have the admitted full on Man-crush on Tebow (like OandBblood) and those that hate the guy (tailgate and Scotchguard). Attempting to get either side to walk the grey area is a practice in futility.

Chris
02-25-2011, 08:26 AM

I don't see it as a problem. I just want a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Orton because we need those picks and we need them now while he has value.

If Tebow becomes the starter this season orton will probably be shipped off for a 5th. Pretty big difference.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Because he allready did.

Clearly, he did not.

And he certainly didn't in head to head competition.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-25-2011, 08:28 AM
The conflict for this coming season is shaping up to be between those that have the admitted full on Man-crush on Tebow (like OandBblood) and those that hate the guy (tailgate and Scotchguard). Attempting to get either side to walk the grey area is a practice in futility.

****ing rad. Same ol' Mane.

jhns
02-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Clearly, he did not.

And he certainly didn't in head to head competition.

Clearly he did. It is funny that some of you actually believe everything the coach says this time of year. It is almost like you didn't pay attention during any of Shanahans time here.

TailgateNut
02-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Than why the college butthurt?

WTF are you talking about?

I don't like the little dickhead because of his religious BS and because of his pre-annointed superstar status.

He hasn't earned my respect yet.

TailgateNut
02-25-2011, 08:39 AM
I don't see it as a problem. I just want a 2nd or 3rd rounder for TEBOW because we need those picks and we need them now while he has value.

If ORTON remains the starter this season TEBOW will probably be shipped off for a 5th. Pretty big difference.

Minor editing to suit my taste.

;)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Clearly he did. It is funny that some of you actually believe everything the coach says this time of year. It is almost like you didn't pay attention during any of Shanahans time here.

He did? Clearly?

So that's why both the VP and Head Coach have said he's not the starter?

Yet "clearly" he earned the job?

You reject reality and insert your own, as always.

bronco militia
02-25-2011, 08:40 AM
****ing rad. Same ol' Mane.

yeah, and perfect timing too. I thought all our Griese/plummer/cutler material had become obsolete.

jhns
02-25-2011, 08:45 AM
He did? Clearly?

So that's why both the VP and Head Coach have said he's not the starter?

Yet "clearly" he earned the job?

You reject reality and insert your own, as always.

Yeah, front offices never manipulate situations using the media... We should believe everything every front office says!

When Orton is traded, you are going to look like a dumbass, again.

jhns
02-25-2011, 08:49 AM
WTF are you talking about?

I don't like the little dickhead because of his religious BS and because of his pre-annointed superstar status.

He hasn't earned my respect yet.

LOL

You sound like an insecure woman. Not that this is new.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Yeah, front offices never manipulate situations using the media... We should believe everything every front office says!

When Orton is traded, you are going to look like a dumbass, again.

So we shouldn't believe ANYthing they say? Is that it?

Why bother saying it?

If there's not a kernel of truth, I don't think he would have said it. I think Fox is perfectly comfortable having Orton start the season.

And I've never said Orton "won't be" traded. So I'm not sure why this would make me "look like a jhns".

jhns
02-25-2011, 09:02 AM
So we shouldn't believe ANYthing they say? Is that it?

Why bother saying it?

If there's not a kernel of truth, I don't think he would have said it. I think Fox is perfectly comfortable having Orton start the season.

And I've never said Orton "won't be" traded. So I'm not sure why this would make me "look like a jhns".

Why would we trade our starter if the backup hasn't earned anything? Are you just claiming the front office is being run by morons like you if they trade him?

Why say it? Well obviously to give him value. You say this knowing that other teams know you have multiple QBs that you can work with. You then don't shop Orton right away. You let other teams come to you with bids worthy of getting your starter, rather than backup. It tells others you still value the player. If nothing happens and you really don't want to pay him to be a backup, you then shop him for cheaper than you originally expected.

I'm not saying this is exactly what they are doing but I would bet a lot that I am close. Otherwise we have a yet another coach that doesn't mind a **** offense. If that is the case, hopefully he can build an all time great defense to carry the team.

OABB
02-25-2011, 09:06 AM

I can handle grey well. I like orton. But Tebow out played him and the team responded. I only get defensive when people bash him from bias or butthurt. There is no other reason to not like tebow. We all know he's a rook and has alot of work to do. But how anyone can not be a full tilt nuthugger like myself, is beyond me.

strafen
02-25-2011, 09:08 AM
Why would we trade our starter if the backup hasn't earned anything? Are you just claiming the front office is being run by morons like you if they trade him?

Why say it? Well obviously to give him value. You say this knowing that other teams know you have multiple QBs that you can work with. You then don't shop Orton right away. You let other teams come to you with bids worthy of getting your starter, rather than backup. It tells others you still value the player. If nothing happens and you really don't want to pay him to be a backup, you then shop him for cheaper than you originally expected.

I'm not saying this is exactly what they are doing but I would bet a lot that I am close. Otherwise we have a yet another coach that doesn't mind a **** offense. If that is the case, hopefully he can build an all time great defense to carry the team.
That guy is too dumb to understand that. Don't bother even if you have to dumb it down for him to a 3rd grade level...

listopencil
02-25-2011, 09:11 AM
Pretty much. There's just no other way Fox can answer Orton related questions. Kyle is an established veteran starter. If he even says something as nebulous as "its an open competition" or "that will be decided in camp" everyone will assume its Tebow's job to lose.

Fox isn't dumb enough to tie his hands like that. Whenever a trade to offload Orton can be made it probably will and the Tebow/Quinn era will officially begin.

I wouldn't be shocked if Orton really was the starter this next season, just mildly surprised. I do think Tebow will bump off Orton. I'm more worried about having Quinn as our #2.

TailgateNut
02-25-2011, 09:12 AM
I can handle grey well. I like orton. But Tebow out played him and the team responded. I only get defensive when people bash him from bias or butthurt. There is no other reason to not like tebow. We all know he's a rook and has alot of work to do. But how anyone can not be a full tilt nuthugger like myself, is beyond me.

Not to burst your vision of us NON-NUT-HUGGERS, but I don't become a FAN until someone shows me that they are an exception to the rule. How many busts are there compared to the few that actually live up to the hype.
I haven't seen enough to convince me the TimBow is the next best thing to slice bread quite yet.

If he turns out to be the "shining light" everyone wants to believe, then great, it'll benefit "my team", otherwise stop trying to shove his puported GREATNESS in my face.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-25-2011, 09:18 AM
That guy is too dumb to understand that. Don't bother even if you have to dumb it down for him to a 3rd grade level...

Says the guy whose posts are the equivalent of a kindergarten fingerpainting.

MacGruder
02-25-2011, 09:20 AM
People need to get this "Orton is starting therefore he's better" nonsense out of their head.. Orton may be better suited to playing in Fox's vanilla system.. Orton may be better suited to getting steamrolled on a bad team than the future franchise -- Tebow.

Things aren't as simple as people pretend. They could be protecting Tebow from this crappy team rather than the other way around.

zdoor
02-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Today on PFt:

Broncos G.M. takes issue with report that Tebow lacks support
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 25, 2011, 11:26 AM EST
Tim Tebow

First came the report from NFL.com that there is a lack of support for Tim Tebow within the Broncos building. Then came the news that Kyle Orton remains the team’s starting quarterback.

It’s fair to ask at this time if Tebow is Denver’s quarterback of the future. So PFT did just that Friday to Broncos G.M. Brian Xanders.

“First of all, I think that report was false. I think there’s a lot of people in our building that are behind Tim Tebow,” Xanders said.

While Xanders’ tone of voice indicated he was unhappy with the report, his words could have been stronger. There’s no doubt a lot of people in the building support Tebow. But Lombardi indicated that there are a lot of people don’t support him."

I still say they are building Orton's trade value...

OABB
02-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Not to burst your vision of us NON-NUT-HUGGERS, but I don't become a FAN until someone shows me that they are an exception to the rule. How many busts are there compared to the few that actually live up to the hype.
I haven't seen enough to convince me the TimBow is the next best thing to slice bread quite yet.

If he turns out to be the "shining light" everyone wants to believe, then great, it'll benefit "my team", otherwise stop trying to shove his puported GREATNESS in my face.

This is much better than your pannis laden posts of ol'.

TheReverend
02-25-2011, 10:56 AM

Odd that you took the opposite approach with McDaniels.

colonelbeef
02-25-2011, 11:09 AM

has to be.

OABB
02-25-2011, 11:25 AM

Mcd wasn't a Christian missionary.

vancejohnson82
02-25-2011, 11:36 AM
wow...9 pages on a February depth chart comment by the new coach who hasnt seen either guy take a snap yet in person

I feel like we are going to go from McDaniels "Guys" vs. Anti-McD "Guys" to "Tebowners" vs. "The Ortonsens"....

there will be no middle ground on it...although I think most of us sit there

jhns
02-25-2011, 11:54 AM
wow...9 pages on a February depth chart comment by the new coach who hasnt seen either guy take a snap yet in person

I feel like we are going to go from McDaniels "Guys" vs. Anti-McD "Guys" to "Tebowners" vs. "The Ortonsens"....

there will be no middle ground on it...although I think most of us sit there

Middle ground is for those that don't care about the team, don't know what is going on, or those afraid to be wrong. Really, you don't bring much to a discussion. This is why discussions are dominated by those that actually have opinions that they aren't afraid to share.

vancejohnson82
02-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Middle ground is for those that don't care about the team, don't know what is going on, or those afraid to be wrong. Really, you don't bring much to a discussion. This is why discussions are dominated by those that actually have opinions that they aren't afraid to share.

hahaha....this is why you are the board clown

"Oh my God...I have an opinion on our depth chart in February before anyone has thrown a pass in practice or preseason."

They should just set the lineup now and move on, right?

I hope you get caught in a small forest fire

jhns
02-25-2011, 12:05 PM

"Oh my God...I have an opinion on our depth chart in February before anyone has thrown a pass in practice or preseason."

That is exactly what my posts have said.

vancejohnson82
02-25-2011, 12:07 PM
That is exactly what my posts have said.

Your opinion is extremely logical :thumbsup:

jhns
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Your opinion is extremely logical :thumbsup:

They always are.

Requiem
02-25-2011, 12:26 PM
No they aren't.

yerner
02-25-2011, 01:22 PM

Wow, that's stupid.

jhns
02-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Wow, that's stupid.

You're stupid.

listopencil
02-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Can you guys please stop quoting jhns? Several of us have him on ignore because he is such a dumbass and quoting him ruins it.

RaiderH8r
02-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Mcd wasn't a Christian missionary.

Feeding starving children in sub-saharan African is chump's work and a PR ploy.

jhns
02-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Can you guys please stop quoting jhns? Several of us have him on ignore because he is such a dumbass and quoting him ruins it.

We have been through this a few hundred times here on this forum. If you are a little girl that can't handle posts, you will have to grow up a little bit and just not read the posts clearly labeled with jhns at the top. It is not everyone else's job to protect you from the evil jhns. After hundreds of these pleas, no one has stopped quoting me. You would think people would get it by now.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for you to ignore.

jhns
02-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Feeding starving children in sub-saharan African is chump's work and a PR ploy.

He doesn't feed them, he cuts their wangs.

RaiderH8r
02-25-2011, 01:58 PM
He doesn't feed them, he cuts their wangs.

Well that's not Tim's fault. The jews started all that nonsense.

jhns
02-25-2011, 02:05 PM
Well that's not Tim's fault. The jews started all that nonsense.

lol

If I have a kid, I'm going to act poor and see if Tebow will do the snipping.

bowtown
02-25-2011, 02:06 PM
lol

If I have a kid, I'm going to act poor and see if Tebow will do the snipping.

Please don't procreate.

jhns
02-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Please don't procreate.

That's what my mom says.

sisterhellfyre
02-25-2011, 02:09 PM

Riiiight. So the only acceptable alternatives are to be an extremist or a troll?

Which one are you again?

jhns
02-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Riiiight. So the only acceptable alternatives are to be an extremist or a troll?

Which one are you again?

What? You either have opinions or you don't. I just stated facts. Look at the post I responded to. Are you saying I am wrong? Conversations aren't driven by those with opinions? What is the last 10 page thread you have been in where all of the replies were: it doesn't matter to me. Whatever happens is good. I don't care what they do......

I never claimed you can't be middle of the road on everything. I explained why it seems all conversations here are dominated by those with actual opinions.

vancejohnson82
02-25-2011, 02:20 PM
What? You either have opinions or you don't. I just stated facts. Look at the post I responded to. Are you saying I am wrong? Conversations aren't driven by those with opinions? What is the last 10 page thread you have been in where all of the replies were: it doesn't matter to me. Whatever happens is good. I don't care what they do......

I never claimed you can't be middle of the road on everything. I explained why it seems all conversations here are dominated by those with actual opinions.

actually, if you say "Hey, i say we let them compete in training camp and see what happens"......that's an opinion

and don't worry about procreation....tissues don't have babies

TailgateNut
02-25-2011, 02:25 PM

There's only one head coach option, but there are three (err:two) QB options, and Orton is a seasoned vet, whereas TimBow likes to run for his life.
Last time I checked RB's don't usually line up behind center.

jhns
02-25-2011, 02:27 PM
actually, if you say "Hey, i say we let them compete in training camp and see what happens"......that's an opinion

and don't worry about procreation....tissues don't have babies

No it isn't. It is you not having an opinion on the subject of who should start. It is the middle of the road response. That is fine but it won't drive a conversation on who should be the starter. This is why the conversations are dominatdd by those that have an actual opinion on who should start. You going with the middle of the road response could just mean you want to be more educated on the matter before forming your own opinion. It could also mean that you don't have a passion for the subject or are scared to say who you really like.

TailgateNut
02-25-2011, 02:28 PM

Awesomeness.

TailgateNut
02-25-2011, 02:28 PM

ditto.

sisterhellfyre
02-25-2011, 02:29 PM

What he said. And real QBs never line up behind the guard, either.

TheReverend
02-25-2011, 02:32 PM
There's only one head coach option, but there are three (err:two) QB options, and Orton is a seasoned vet, whereas TimBow likes to run for his life.

I understand where you're coming from and not trying to be a dick about it...

BUT you do have to find it at least moderately ironic that you went fan police on people who didn't support McD's controversial moves until he had proven himself, but now you use the same excuse for a guy saying all the right things, working harder than anyone else, and performed at a high level to close the season.

Seems off to me.

jhns
02-25-2011, 02:35 PM

BUT you do have to find it at least moderately ironic that you went fan police on people who didn't support McD's controversial moves until he had proven himself, but now you use the same excuse for a guy saying all the right things, working harder than anyone else, and performed at a high level to close the season.

Seems off to me.

He didn't just go fan police, he wanted to fight me over it. It was pretty funny stuff.

TailgateNut
02-25-2011, 02:37 PM

BUT you do have to find it at least moderately ironic that you went fan police on people who didn't support McD's controversial moves until he had proven himself, but now you use the same excuse for a guy saying all the right things, working harder than anyone else, and performed at a high level to close the season.Seems off to me.

McD said all the right things. Nes Pas?
Neither you nor I know how hard McD worked compared to other coaches?
Coaches don't have to perform, so there's no comparison.

vancejohnson82
02-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Since people don't want me to quote JHNS....I'll just respond to him without quoting

If people say in FEBRUARY....repeat, FEBRUARY....FEBRUARY, that they want to the two guys to compete, that is a more than logical argument to make

you want to put a guy behind center who played no more than a handful of meaningless games...which is fine, thats your opinion. I want both guys to go into training camp with a chance to win the job, crank the pressure up and see who responds.

And, because its FEBRUARY...repeat, FEBRUARY one of these guys might not even be here...who knows what can happen between now and then...oh wait, you do

but since you are just 100% backing someone 8 months away from the start of the season, its means that you have more passion.....I get it. You were probably the same type of person that voted for Obama without being able to name a single thing about him or his ideas....its the same type of idea. "

"I'm going with this guy no matter WHAT HAPPENS!!! BECAUSE I'M PASSIONATE"

I wish you were as passionate about eating asbestos as you were about making cool guy claims on this board

jhns
02-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Since people don't want me to quote JHNS....I'll just respond to him without quoting

If people say in FEBRUARY....repeat, FEBRUARY....FEBRUARY, that they want to the two guys to compete, that is a more than logical argument to make

you want to put a guy behind center who played no more than a handful of meaningless games...which is fine, thats your opinion. I want both guys to go into training camp with a chance to win the job, crank the pressure up and see who responds.

And, because its FEBRUARY...repeat, FEBRUARY one of these guys might not even be here...who knows what can happen between now and then...oh wait, you do

but since you are just 100% backing someone 8 months away from the start of the season, its means that you have more passion.....I get it. You were probably the same type of person that voted for Obama without being able to name a single thing about him or his ideas....its the same type of idea. "

"I'm going with this guy no matter WHAT HAPPENS!!! BECAUSE I'M PASSIONATE"

I wish you were as passionate about eating asbestos as you were about making cool guy claims on this board

For one, I voted for Nader because the two real candidates were ****.

You don't have an opinion, that is fine. I was only explaining why it is that conversations are dominated by those with opinions. Anyways, it is obvious that you didn't read my posts in this thread. That is also fine. You may want to stop talking about them until you read them though. It would help you make some sense

vancejohnson82
02-25-2011, 02:53 PM
since we are choosing who are starting lineup is right now, I guess we should vote for the 2011-2012 Offensive MVP too right? Nobody's taken a snap yet but we have to have an opinion to seem educated.

Ok...I choose....Tim Tebow

its a pretty obvious decision based off of his play this upcoming season

jhns
02-25-2011, 02:55 PM
since we are choosing who are starting lineup is right now, I guess we should vote for the 2011-2012 Offensive MVP too right? Nobody's taken a snap yet but we have to have an opinion to seem educated.

Ok...I choose....Tim Tebow

its a pretty obvious decision based off of his play this upcoming season

Ahh, the ramblings of a butthurt little girl. They never make sense but they sure are good for entertainment.

TheReverend
02-25-2011, 03:21 PM
McD said all the right things. Nes Pas?
Neither you nor I know how hard McD worked compared to other coaches?
Coaches don't have to perform, so there's no comparison.

If saying all the right things results in losing your QB, defensive coordinator that drastically improved your defense, two long time assistants among the best in the NFL, then sure?

One was controversial. You backed him vehemently.
One is performing and giving everything to the team you love. You're pessimistic.

Does not compute, broseph gables.

vancejohnson82
02-25-2011, 03:23 PM
If saying all the right things results in losing your QB, defensive coordinator that drastically improved your defense, two long time assistants among the best in the NFL, then sure?

One was controversial. You backed him vehemently.
One is performing and giving everything to the team you love. You're pessimistic.

Does not compute, broseph gables.

I don't really have a dog in this fight....but, performing? By doing what? Showing up at a press conference?

TheReverend
02-25-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't really have a dog in this fight....but, performing? By doing what? Showing up at a press conference?

By outperforming the incumbent starter for three games in yardage and scoring with a lameduck "headcoach" and conservative playcalling?

That's the performing I meant. Certainly dont mind if you have a "dog" or not, but cannot fathom why someone wouldnt respect both the effort and performance of this guy regardless of character/belief conflicts

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-25-2011, 03:48 PM
By outperforming the incumbent starter for three games in yardage and scoring with a lameduck "headcoach" and conservative playcalling?

That's the performing I meant. Certainly dont mind if you have a "dog" or not, but cannot fathom why someone wouldnt respect both the effort and performance of this guy regardless of character/belief conflicts

Effort, I see. Performance? Not so much. 50% completion percentage and a pick a game, a couple of which were REALLY bad. Not saying Orton is perfect by any means, but if he's so much better than Orton, he should have absolutely no problem taking the job in camp. And if he's head and shoulders above Orton, Fox will play him.

Just don't see the big deal. Still. In February.

jhns
02-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Effort, I see. Performance? Not so much. 50% completion percentage and a pick a game, a couple of which were REALLY bad. Not saying Orton is perfect by any means, but if he's so much better than Orton, he should have absolutely no problem taking the job in camp. And if he's head and shoulders above Orton, Fox will play him.

And only like 2 people, one of which isn't even a fan of this team, have argued that Fox's comments are a big deal. It is weird that so many are complaining about the masses getting up in arms...

MacGruder
02-25-2011, 04:22 PM

Tebow didn't win the QB competition in training camp last year but clearly should have been the starter over Orton.

Fail.

Orton is fool's gold. Anyone that hasn't figured that out by now never will.

It's really incredible.. because you have 2 complete opposites.. you have a guy in Orton who LOOKS so much like a "real" QB.. but that's ALL he's got.

Then you have Tebow who is ONLY lacking looking like a real QB.. and has everything that really matters. It really sums up how screwed up evaluating QBs is in the NFL right now.. and even how they are trained.

You have guys training more for combine workouts and preseason scrimmages than actual NFL games.