PDA

View Full Version : For the people who DON'T want Peterson...

HAT
02-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Would you be upset if Denver addressed the secondary in round 2? Offense in round 3?

Walterfootball's current mock has:

Bowers (Though I'd rather have Dareus)
Moore
Paea
'Quizz

I'd really like to see 'Quizz in a Bronco uni & they do need help at safety so I wouldn't be pissed at the above but I'd still rather see something like:

Peterson
Hope one of these drops... Liuget, Nevis or Heyward
Paea
Sturdivant, Mathews, Sheppard

Houshyamama
02-23-2011, 04:04 PM
The only position I'd really like to see us draft on offense is Oline where our depth is just horrible. If we can bring in a couple solid vets to secure the line I wouldn't mind just having a complete defensive draft, at least through the first 4 rounds.

Chris
02-23-2011, 04:13 PM
The only offensive position I'd want us to draft would be TE... but solid replacements can probably be had in FA this year so it doesn't make sense unless Rudolph drops to our 2B - unlikely.

OBF1
02-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Who in the hell is "Quizz" ???

No way in the world Liuget falls to us in the 2nd round.

I am all for Peterson at #2.

WABronco
02-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Oh hell ya Rodgers would look damn good in Denver. He's a little beast.

Chris
02-23-2011, 06:30 PM
I am all for Peterson at #2.

Thread

title

http://oliviasobsession.com/Chris_Brown_Is_Fuming_About_Getting_Blackballed.jp g

HAT
02-23-2011, 09:04 PM
No way in the world Liuget falls to us in the 2nd round.

I don't think so either D...I was more just throwing a few DL names out there that are currently projected mid to late first that could drop.

I think I'm slowly moving toward hoping they can trade down 3-5 spots.

If they do go DL early I hope it's a tackle and not an end....And then I'd hope they mix it up a little with the next 3-4 picks instead of only looking at front 7.

In other words...If round 1 is a 'premier' DL than I'm fine with looking at at least one TE, S, OL or even RB over the next 3 picks. But if they go Peterson than I'd hope the next 3 are ALL front 7.

razorwire77
02-26-2011, 03:54 PM
If he's sitting there in the 3rd round, I wouldn't mind OSU RB Kendall Williams. Although, I think he's going to go mid 2nd though.

Drek
02-26-2011, 06:56 PM
If we want an impact three down interior line monster who can stop the run and crush the pocket there isn't a player in this draft who comes close to Dareus if you ask me.

For what Fox liked for DTs while in Carolina, and with how Sedrick Ellis was used in New Orleans while Allen was there, Dareus is the best choice. He can play 4-3 DT or either 3-4 DE or 3-4 NT (though not as an every single down type). This is what the Saints have done very successfully with Ellis, and it would be a great opportunity for the Broncos to add wrinkles maximizing the skill sets Doom and Ayers have picked up over the last two years.

I absolutely love Peterson as a prospect, but Dareus is every bit the elite talent he is and at a position of greater need.

But he is the only DL I'd personally take over Peterson. I still have big reservations about Fairley and I'm not a huge fan of Bowers, especially since what we're really lacking is DTs, not another DE.

oubronco
02-26-2011, 07:11 PM
I totally agree Drek if we could get Dareus, Taylor, and then Charles Johson and Tulloch(pipe dream) in free agency the defense would be good to go. Then we could address o-line depth and maybe a safety or TE in the later rounds

Now that would be an off season to remember

ozomulsion
03-03-2011, 02:43 PM
If he's sitting there in the 3rd round, I wouldn't mind OSU RB Kendall Williams. Although, I think he's going to go mid 2nd though.

I think you mean Kendell Hunter. It would
be a wet dream to get him.

Yes, he'll be gone by the 3rd.

He's got first round talent, but is undervalued
by the "experts".

Mark my words.

Kendell Hunter will be the best RB in
this entire class.