PDA

View Full Version : Wow....McD tried to trade Harris

Ray Finkle
02-18-2011, 07:29 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/18/broncos-tried-to-trade-ryan-harris-last-season/

oubronco
02-18-2011, 07:39 AM
Doesn't surprise me at all McD made a slew of dumbass moves

Rascal
02-18-2011, 07:39 AM
moron

bowtown
02-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Yeah because Harris has been such a reliable stud for us year in and year out.

broncogary
02-18-2011, 07:43 AM
What are we going to get for him if he signs elsewhere as a FA?

BroncoInferno
02-18-2011, 07:44 AM
moron

Actually, it's too bad he didn't succeed. Harris can't stay on the field and he's probably leaving anyway for nothing.

Ray Finkle
02-18-2011, 07:49 AM

that wasn't my point....if you could have gotten value for him, I think you should have. RT are easy to find.....

bowtown
02-18-2011, 07:52 AM
that wasn't my point....if you could have gotten value for him, I think you should have. RT are easy to find.....

I wasn't responding to your post, I was responding the people below you, but to your point, my guess is that they would have traded him had they gotten value.

gyldenlove
02-18-2011, 08:03 AM

If they are so easy to find why couldn't Mcdaniels find one?

Ray Finkle
02-18-2011, 08:06 AM
If they are so easy to find why couldn't Mcdaniels find one?

Year 1, he had Harris in house and Harris deserved to play based on his prior season.

Year 2, he brings in Beatles and tries to trade Harris.....

Hercules Rockefeller
02-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Their source is Josina, I'll take it with a grain of salt at this point.

bowtown
02-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Their source is Josina, I'll take it with a grain of salt at this point.

That's what Josina said!!!!

WolfpackGuy
02-18-2011, 08:16 AM
All this stuff coming out after the McClueless "excising" doesn't even faze me anymore.

Bahshay
02-18-2011, 08:32 AM

Its a dumbass move to trade a RT that we are most likely going to lose during a lost year?

We apparently have conflicting opinions on how to rebuild a team. I would think you rebuild by trading oft-injured, underachieving RTs for draft picks knowing it is one of the easier positions on the field to fill. Your plan is apparently to just do the exact opposite of anything McDaniels did regardless of the situation.

jhns
02-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Your plan is apparently to just do the exact opposite of anything McDaniels did regardless of the situation.

That doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. He did lead the worst ever season for this franchise. You don't do that by making smart decisions.

oubronco
02-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Its a dumbass move to trade a RT that we are most likely going to lose during a lost year?

We apparently have conflicting opinions on how to rebuild a team. I would think you rebuild by trading oft-injured, underachieving RTs for draft picks knowing it is one of the easier positions on the field to fill. Your plan is apparently to just do the exact opposite of anything McDaniels did regardless of the situation.

It's not like his injuries have been the severe kind and it's not like we haven't seen McD's brilliance shine thru

TheReverend
02-18-2011, 08:47 AM

What?

jhns
02-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Yeah, the easy to get position thing is weird. You guys do realize that Tebow throws with his left hand, right? This just adds to the stupidity of that line of thinking.

vancejohnson82
02-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Yeah, the easy to get position thing is weird. You guys do realize that Tebow throws with his left hand, right? This just adds to the stupidity of that line of thinking.

Tebow wasn't playing when McDaniels was the coach

And who the hell was going to take Harris? He is injured every two games

jhns
02-18-2011, 09:04 AM

So McDaniels didn't plan on ever starting a QB he took in the first? That is weird but also wouldn't surprise anyone.

rugbythug
02-18-2011, 09:11 AM

So people love harris who has had one solid season on 4. But hate our we because he can't stay on the field.

jhns
02-18-2011, 09:14 AM
So people love harris who has had one solid season on 4. But hate our we because he can't stay on the field.

Why are you quoting me for this? I haven't commented on Harris or hated on any wr.

Kaylore
02-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Harris in rarely healthy and likely to continue to get worse as he ages. The problem isn't trading him, especially if you believe Beadles or whoever can play. The problem is he probably would have traded him to Belichick for Randy Moss or some other player who's done or can't play. Belichick would have managed to get our third round pick to "balance the trade."

TheReverend
02-18-2011, 09:26 AM

Quite a few teams if you actually read the article...

Ray Finkle
02-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by jhns

You do realize that most teams line their best DE to rush Tebow's strong side right? The DE over RT is typically more of a run stopper (except in a few cases). The argument that for a Lefty QB you need to stack the RT is a joke. No team flips DE's against a lefty QB.

lostknight
02-18-2011, 09:31 AM
He also tried to trade Orton. And he did trade Hillis. We already know he was not quite right in the head.

~Crash~
02-18-2011, 09:34 AM
To me if we do not sing him that would be crazy. Then you would need to draft a RT in the Draft. I thought we were going to fix the damn D !

gyldenlove
02-18-2011, 09:37 AM
To me if we do not sing him that would be crazy. Then you would need to draft a RT in the Draft. I thought we were going to fix the damn D !

Mcdaniels proved beyond any form of doubt that he had no intention of wasting resources on the defense until he had gotten the offense back to the level of performance it had before he took over, something he was sadly incapable of doing.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-18-2011, 09:59 AM

I wasn't aware we only had one draft pick and the inability to sign FAs

strafen
02-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow, I still can't believe after the mass destruction of the Broncos as we knew it by McDaniels, that there are still people supporting that idiot! ;)

jhns
02-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by jhns

You do realize that most teams line their best DE to rush Tebow's strong side right? The DE over RT is typically more of a run stopper (except in a few cases). The argument that for a Lefty QB you need to stack the RT is a joke. No team flips DE's against a lefty QB.

You do realize most teams don't rush an end from only one spot no matter who the qb is, right? You do realize that most teams have more than one pass rusher, right? You do realize that no matter your spin, it is always important to protect a qbs blind side, right? ....

bowtown
02-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Wow, I still can't believe after the mass destruction of the Broncos as we knew it by McDaniels, that there are still people supporting that idiot! ;)

I didn't defend McDaniels. I didn't mention him. I defended the idea of trading Harris. See, I am able to seperate the two. Now that McDaniels is gone, you should work on doing the same.

~Crash~
02-18-2011, 10:28 AM
I wasn't aware we only had one draft pick and the inability to sign FAs

well you would be wrong. FA does not look like it will happen before the draft. if so I could see us taking a RT rather Early!!!!!!!!!!!! If so it would hinder gettin young DL, in a DL Draft!

yerner
02-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Harris is a pretty good player. He is still capable of getting his injuries sorted out and hang around the league for awhile like these type of guys do because he has shown he can play at the NFL level. Lots of offensive linemans careers take this track.

Mcd had no idea what he was doing, so if he thought it was a good idea, then it probably wasn't.

Popps
02-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Actually, it's too bad he didn't succeed. Harris can't stay on the field and he's probably leaving anyway for nothing.

Exactly.

rugbythug
02-18-2011, 11:10 AM
You do realize most teams don't rush an end from only one spot no matter who the qb is, right? You do realize that most teams have more than one pass rusher, right? You do realize that no matter your spin, it is always important to protect a qbs blind side, right? ....

For all these reasons even if he stays we need another rt to play the other 8 games per season.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-18-2011, 11:15 AM
well you would be wrong. FA does not look like it will happen before the draft. if so I could see us taking a RT rather Early!!!!!!!!!!!! If so it would hinder gettin young DL, in a DL Draft!

Well, guess what else we cant do until the CBA is done? Re-sign ryan harris. God, quit your panicking, and we always may have taken a young RT because..well...Harris isnt all that amazing

rugbythug
02-18-2011, 11:18 AM
If like ryan harris you will love bob sanders. 25 percent of the time is there every time.

Ray Finkle
02-18-2011, 11:35 AM
yeah....umm let's not forget one thing, I have you on ignore but you're post was quoted...

This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list.

back to the void with you

END/ JHNS (Kaylore will at least get that part...)

Rigs11
02-18-2011, 11:45 AM
so mcd tried to trade harris but indications are that fox will too? Fox is tearing this team apart!

Kaylore
02-18-2011, 11:56 AM
I didn't defend McDaniels. I didn't mention him. I defended the idea of trading Harris. See, I am able to seperate the two. Now that McDaniels is gone, you should work on doing the same.

I need to find out all the things McDaniels liked that everyone does, like eating foot, drinking liquids and breathing air, so when dragster realizes he does those things too that he has to kill himself to avoid "being a McDaniels lover."

jhns
02-18-2011, 11:59 AM
yeah....umm let's not forget one thing, I have you on ignore but you're post was quoted...

This message is hidden because jhns is on your ignore list.

back to the void with you

END/ JHNS (Kaylore will at least get that part...)

Then you are doing a wonderful job of ignoring me. Do you want a cookie or something?

gyldenlove
02-18-2011, 12:02 PM
so mcd tried to trade harris but indications are that fox will too? Fox is tearing this team apart!

Fox won't trade him because his contract will expire before trades will be allowed.

TheReverend
02-18-2011, 12:05 PM
I need to find out all the things McDaniels liked that everyone does, like eating foot, drinking liquids and breathing air, so when dragster realizes he does those things too that he has to kill himself to avoid "being a McDaniels lover."

You'd have to be human to do those, whereas he was clearly evil incarnate and probably wasn't susceptible to such human weaknesses.

PS. I love eating foot too (in b4 Rex Ryan)

Punisher
02-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Who cares

jhns
02-18-2011, 12:08 PM
For all these reasons even if he stays we need another rt to play the other 8 games per season.

I have hopes that Harris can find a way to stay healthy because he is good. That being said, I wouldn't be against us bringing in a new guy. At worst it would add depth. You can never have too much competition or depth on the o-line.

broncocalijohn
02-18-2011, 12:19 PM
I wont bag on McD for this one. If we arent going to keep Harris, why not try to get something for him? At the trade deadline, we knew we werent making the playoffs so I could see getting rid of a guy who needs a good backup anyways since he is constantly injured. Sorry, as much as I hated on McD this year, I am not going to fault him on this one. Rumor on the light rail was that he was going to get or use the draft pick on a really cool wide receiver.

KipCorrington25
02-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah it was a good idea, McCheat sure made great moves with the other trades he pulled off... Something tells me had the moron traded him we would have taken it in the yarbles just like all his other deals. The guy was a Grade A moron of mythical proportions.

Requiem
02-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Water is wet. NExt Pzl.

Hogan11
02-18-2011, 08:46 PM
I wont bag on McD for this one. If we arent going to keep Harris, why not try to get something for him? At the trade deadline, we knew we werent making the playoffs so I could see getting rid of a guy who needs a good backup anyways since he is constantly injured.

Pretty much how I feel about it.

BroncoBuff
02-18-2011, 10:59 PM
What are we going to get for him if he signs elsewhere as a FA?

Exactly, I wish we had traded him. He'll be gone in free agency now, so we get nothing. Would have been nice to get a pick in return.

I'm thinking Beadles will end up at RT.

listopencil
02-18-2011, 11:31 PM

This.

TheReverend
02-19-2011, 08:04 AM
Exactly, I wish we had traded him. He'll be gone in free agency now, so we get nothing. Would have been nice to get a pick in return.

I'm thinking Beadles will end up at RT.

He played well enough on several occasions to warrant a pretty big contract, so we could definitely land a high compensatory pick.

Don Flamenco
02-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Exactly.

Why are you even still here? Shouldn't you be posting on some Rams board right now?

colonelbeef
02-19-2011, 08:47 PM

it's really what he specialized in

Hamrob
02-20-2011, 09:41 AM
I think it's funny how quickly we forget or how quickly fans can turn on players.

Harris had a terriffic year 3yrs ago...when we were running the ZBS. In fact, many analysts thought he out-played Clady. Harris was even mentioned as one of the best up and coming RT's in the game (at the time).

Then, here comes McD...changes us to a power run team (Because the Pats have always been so great at running the ball) and boom...our Oline sucks!

Harris was drafted for the ZBS...he's atheletic and quick on his feet. What he's not...is a road grader. He's good in pass protection and making the cut block.

If we do go back to the ZBS or run more ZBS next season...then, I hope we resign Harris...he won't break the bank...and I'd take the gamble that he returns to his old form.

BroncoBuff
02-20-2011, 04:46 PM
I think it's funny how quickly we forget or how quickly fans can turn on players.

Harris had a terriffic year 3yrs ago...when we were running the ZBS. In fact, many analysts thought he out-played Clady. Harris was even mentioned as one of the best up and coming RT's in the game (at the time).

You're right of course. How soon we forget, but Harris started all 16 in 2008 and was named to SI's All-Pro team, Peter King's ALL-PRO team.

Maybe we think of Harris as injury-prone, but lots of that rep comes from the back problem that spanned his college senior and NFL rookie seasons. The back is fine now. And remember toe injuries are strange birds, they always defy recovery timetables. Add all this up, it might be a big mistake to let him go.

oubronco
02-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Broncos | Expected to try to re-sign Ryan Harris (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/gnews.php?id=695251-broncos-expected-to-try-to-re-sign-ryan-harris)
Sun, 20 Feb 2011 13:51:14 -0800
The Denver Broncos (http://www.orangemane.com/team/15/nfl/denver-broncos) are expected to attempt to re-sign impending free-agent OT Ryan Harris (http://www.orangemane.com/player/16083/nfl/ryan-harris) this offseason because of the lack of depth the team has at offensive tackle, reports Adam Caplan, of FOXSports.com (http://www.orangemane.com/link/189).

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1EXzefcag

Bahshay
02-20-2011, 05:26 PM
What?

I'm not saying you can plug in **** or it isn't an important position. However, it is often filled by linemen that aren't good enough to be LT. That makes it an easier position to fill then most. How many times have you seen a tackle get taken in the 1st round to play RT?

Bahshay
02-20-2011, 05:28 PM

You do realize the d-line doesnt change for left handers, right?

strafen
02-20-2011, 08:41 PM

With Tebow now mired as the poassible starting QB, the RT position becomes critical. I'm one here willing to give Harris an opportunity to play a full season in good health.
He is a good pass protector. He's a solid player.
Being injured and unable to play because of it, doesn't quite translate into underachiever in my mind...

strafen
02-20-2011, 08:43 PM
You do realize the d-line doesnt change for left handers, right?

So you don't think a good DC would adjust to that situation?
You bet he will...