PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Player Making Film About Lockout

Gort
02-17-2011, 02:06 PM
he's making a film about the expected lockout. could be interesting. it'll definitely be one-sided though... but if they're locked out, it would be interesting to see how it affects the typical non-star NFL player.

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2011/02/locked-out-nfl-player-making-documentary-film

oh, and yes i saw where Chad Johnson was captioned as "marketing genius". i laughed too.

TDmvp
02-17-2011, 02:09 PM
In other news , the local Cincinnati DEA was investigating a suspected drug ring here in Cincinnati , and after countless hours of work it turned out just to be the Bengals huddling.

As a non Bengals fan who lives in Cincinnati the Bengals never fail for a good laugh.

TheReverend
02-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Surprised it wasn't Dhani Jones.

TDmvp
02-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Surprised it wasn't Dhani Jones.

LOL yea he is a mega cam whore , besides this one (which kills me) he is in tons of local ads here...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WAyTDjTatIw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BUT BY FAR the funniest local ad here in the last 10 or so years HAS to be Bronson Arroyo .... IT'S EPIC !!! ...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iTQpX--WRz0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He plays music in bars here all the time and isn't the worst thing I've ever heard they do grunge/90's music but that JTM ad is just ridiculous.
They mock it on the local radio stations and dump to it just to be funny all the time ...

TDmvp
02-17-2011, 02:22 PM
The other one is maybe even funnier , there is like 5 and they just all are such fail LOL ...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vW7e40AWDvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Flex Gunmetal
02-17-2011, 08:38 PM
he's making a film about the expected lockout. could be interesting. it'll definitely be one-sided though... but if they're locked out, it would be interesting to see how it affects the typical non-star NFL player.

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2011/02/locked-out-nfl-player-making-documentary-film

oh, and yes i saw where Chad Johnson was captioned as "marketing genius". i laughed too.

...he is

broncocalijohn
02-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Is the video going to ask us how the players can live on such measly salaries of millions of dollars? "Look what those rich guys have done to us! I am now putting just premium and not super in my Range Rover tank!"

shakenbake
02-17-2011, 09:14 PM
I think this is the worst idea ever. There is no way people will somehow have sympathy for a guy who earns more in a year they the average person earns in 10...

shakenbake
02-17-2011, 09:24 PM
So the guy signed a 1 year deal last year worth 1.2 million dollars. This year is his 6th year and he was a 3rd round draft pick. So lets go low and say he averaged 700,000 a year for the first 5 and then had the one year deal worth 1.2 million.

So in his career he has made 4.7 million dollars.

The average person in the US makes what? 50,000. So he has made in 6 years what the average person would need 94 years to make. **** him and his struggles!

He even has the nerve to ask others to donate money to help him make the video....GTFO

Bigdawg26
02-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Chad Johnson spends money like water and will be broke in 10 years.

worm
02-17-2011, 10:47 PM
In other news , the local Cincinnati DEA was investigating a suspected drug ring here in Cincinnati , and after countless hours of work it turned out just to be the Bengals huddling.

Its thing like this that make it hard for me to care about anybody in the Greater Cincinnati area. :sunshine:

bfoflcommish
02-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Chad Johnson spends money like water and will be broke in 10 years.

so wrong! Follow him on twitter, most of what he gets he gets for free, except for what he spends ON HIS FANS! he takes fans out to breakfast, dinner, or movies in very city cincy plays in. most his cars and clothes he is getting for free, and he actually gives alot of free stuff from his sponsors away too.

He is a huge marketing genius. he is nowhere near the top wr, yet right now ask an average person, who he is everyone will know.

Gort
02-18-2011, 09:50 AM
He is a huge marketing genius. he is nowhere near the top wr, yet right now ask an average person, who he is everyone will know.

adolf hitler = marketing genius ??
unabomber = marketing genius ??
osama bin laden = marketing genius ??

does. not. compute. ???

bfoflcommish
02-18-2011, 10:34 AM

does. not. compute. ???

really? Really? That's who you will compare him too in that regard?

Flex Gunmetal
02-18-2011, 11:14 AM

does. not. compute. ???

Strong comparison.
How about from now on, be sure that you understand what the words you are using actually mean. Then, you can post.

Flex Gunmetal
02-18-2011, 11:15 AM
really? Really? That's who you will compare him too in that regard?

Im sure he was trying to illustrate how they are all well known to the average person. But in reality he's just a moron.

Gort
02-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Strong comparison.
How about from now on, be sure that you understand what the words you are using actually mean. Then, you can post.

look up hyperbole in the dictionary. or in your case, get a grown-up to help you.

the post that i was responding to implied that Chad Johnson was a marketing genius BECAUSE everyone knows who he is. i used some extreme examples to underscore the silliness of that assertion.

being famous != marketing genius

Gort
02-18-2011, 01:20 PM
Im sure he was trying to illustrate how they are all well known to the average person. But in reality he's just a moron.

some dumb college kid calling me a moron is funny stuff!

i enjoyed the laugh.

seriously... it was funny. you could write jokes for Joy Behar.

Flex Gunmetal
02-18-2011, 01:22 PM
look up hyperbole in the dictionary. or in your case, get a grown-up to help you.

the post that i was responding to implied that Chad Johnson was a marketing genius BECAUSE everyone knows who he is. i used some extreme examples to underscore the silliness of that assertion.

being famous != marketing genius

But you are still wrong. Chad Johnson markets himself and his products as well or better than any famous athlete not named Michael Jordan.

You're quite a pretentious douche for going on about nothing all the time.

Flex Gunmetal
02-18-2011, 01:23 PM
some dumb college kid calling me a moron is funny stuff!

i enjoyed the laugh.

seriously... it was funny. you could write jokes for Joy Behar.

Some dumb old man exposing himself as a fool in the closing lines of the opening post in his own thread.

I enjoyed the facepalm.

Gort
02-18-2011, 01:29 PM
But you are still wrong. Chad Johnson markets himself and his products as well or better than any famous athlete not named Michael Jordan.

ha ha ha. funny stuff. i guess all those hours working the midnight shift at the qwik-e-mart gives you lots of time to write one liners, huh?

you're quickly graduating to being a jokewriter for Dane Cook.

Flex Gunmetal
02-18-2011, 01:33 PM
ha ha ha. funny stuff. i guess all those hours working the midnight shift at the qwik-e-mart gives you lots of time to write one liners, huh?

you're quickly graduating to being a jokewriter for Dane Cook.

A.) Strong counter point

B.) Nice comeback Hansel

C.) The jokewriter line was tired before you used it the first time

Gort
02-18-2011, 01:34 PM

somehow you seem to think being famous has anything whatsoever to do with being a marketing genius. it doesn't. being an attention whore... yes. but being a marketing genius... no.

wanna know who are marketing geniuses?

1) the guy who invented bottled water. any idea who that was? nope. you could guess Mr. Perrier, but it's probably not correct.
2) the guy who invented the pet rock. any idea of who that was? nope.
3) the guy who invented Coca Cola. i know who that was, but i'm sure you don't (short of looking it up with google).

people who can sell essentially useless products to the masses and make a fortune. those are marketing geniuses.

NFL players who tweet while sitting on the bench. not marketing geniuses.

it's really not that hard to understand.

Flex Gunmetal
02-18-2011, 01:40 PM
somehow you seem to think being famous has anything whatsoever to do with being a marketing genius. it doesn't. being an attention whore... yes. but being a marketing genius... no.

wanna know who are marketing geniuses?

1) the guy who invented bottled water. any idea who that was? nope. you could guess Mr. Perrier, but it's probably not correct.
2) the guy who invented the pet rock. any idea of who that was? nope.
3) the guy who invented Coca Cola. i know who that was, but i'm sure you don't (short of looking it up with google).

people who can sell essentially useless products to the masses and make a fortune. those are marketing geniuses.

NFL players who tweet while sitting on the bench. not marketing geniuses.

it's really not that hard to understand.

So would his books, reality TV shows, various iphone apps he makes a ton of money off of qualify?

Or should you just admit you don't know what you are talking about and don't like him personally?

Im not sure.

zms325i
02-18-2011, 01:42 PM
I feel that any athlete who has made himself a pop culture phenomenon by MARKETING himself is due some respect in the marketing arena. Then again, I am not over 50, and would not know anything about marketing.

TDmvp
02-18-2011, 02:47 PM

Dude you are crazy... As well or better than anyone not named MJ ?...

Lets see guys who CJ isn't even on par with I can name in 2 mins.

Payton Manning , Lebron , D. Wade , Kobe , Brees , Tiger Wood (before the Bs) , Tom Brady , A. Rod , Farve (yes I spelled it wrong) , Albert Pujols , Danica Patrick , Shaq

As someone living in Cincinnati please shut up with the CJ crap , He doesn't do jack as far as tv spots and endorsements compared to the big names currently ... Just because you have a stupid reality show on a network no one gets , and appear on Dancing with the Stars because they always want at least one sports figure and you said yes don't make you a pimple on the really well marketed guys @$$...

Comparing CJ to MJ ... That's just silly.

Gort
02-18-2011, 02:55 PM
So would his books, reality TV shows, various iphone apps he makes a ton of money off of qualify?

Or should you just admit you don't know what you are talking about and don't like him personally?

Im not sure.

you have failed again. you must be used to that by now.

i like the guy.

i think his antics are sometimes a bit misplaced, but he's not TO or Keyshawn.

so you are wrong. try again.

also, he's not a marketing GENIUS just because people know his name. in this day and age, ESPN is doing all of the heavy lifting for any pro athlete that wants to be famous.

maybe you don't know what the word "genius" actually means. get a grown-up to help you look up that word too. :wave:

Flex Gunmetal
02-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Dude you are crazy... As well or better than anyone not named MJ ?...

Lets see guys who CJ isn't even on par with I can name in 2 mins.

Payton Manning , Lebron , D. Wade , Kobe , Brees , Tiger Wood (before the Bs) , Tom Brady , A. Rod , Farve (yes I spelled it wrong) , Albert Pujols , Danica Patrick , Shaq

As someone living in Cincinnati please shut up with the CJ crap , He doesn't do jack as far as tv spots and endorsements compared to the big names currently ... Just because you have a stupid reality show on a network no one gets , and appear on Dancing with the Stars because they always want at least one sports figure and you said yes don't make you a pimple on the really well marketed guys @$$...

Comparing CJ to MJ ... That's just silly.

Did you notice I mentioned nothing about endorsements?

Chad sells HIS products, not just Nike's or Zig or the countless other companies he's endorsed by.

Flex Gunmetal
02-18-2011, 03:04 PM
you have failed again. you must be used to that by now.

i like the guy.

i think his antics are sometimes a bit misplaced, but he's not TO or Keyshawn.

so you are wrong. try again.

also, he's not a marketing GENIUS just because people know his name. in this day and age, ESPN is doing all of the heavy lifting for any pro athlete that wants to be famous.

maybe you don't know what the word "genius" actually means. get a grown-up to help you look up that word too. :wave:

Once again you are wrapped up in the idea of people knowing who he is, which was never something I hitched my point to. That was another poster.

Find me another athlete that has his own brand name condoms, food products, smartphone apps, reality TV shows, books, and clothing lines.

You mad that you're a bitter old man arguing on the internet? I would be too.

TDmvp
02-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Here's how well marketed he is LOL ...

NEWPORT, Ky. -- Chad Johnson settled a lawsuit filed against him in connection with a comedy club raffle.
Johnson and the Funny Bone Comedy Club agreed Wednesday to pay $100,000 to the suitís 30 plaintiffs, who alleged that the Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver promised to give away a Lexus car to a patron during a Dec. 19, 2006, raffle at the Newport club.
Instead, the plaintiffs claimed, Johnson gave the $45,000 car to a girlfriend as paid ticket holders watched.
The case had been scheduled for trial June 30, and a judge earlier this month dismissed some claims that involved trips to out-of-town NFL games and other destinations.
In addition to the Lexus, the lawsuit alleges Johnson at regular Funny Bone shows had promised tickets to Bengals' games, trips to the Super Bowl and to Europe that were never delivered.

F-ing scum gave the car to some whore , and skipped out on the trips and was all over town running his mouth about he doesn't own anyone anything...

The guys on am 700wlw who he used to do a weekly show with was offended with the whole thing they canned his weekly show and basically dumped all the back story info they had on it on air and destroyed CJ... Joe Deters a Att. who does a show on 700wlw was part of the case VS CJ.

CJ is a POS , just people who just watch tv
and don't actually look into things think he is a swell guy...

Flex Gunmetal
02-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Here's how well marketed he is LOL ...

NEWPORT, Ky. -- Chad Johnson settled a lawsuit filed against him in connection with a comedy club raffle.
Johnson and the Funny Bone Comedy Club agreed Wednesday to pay $100,000 to the suitís 30 plaintiffs, who alleged that the Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver promised to give away a Lexus car to a patron during a Dec. 19, 2006, raffle at the Newport club.
Instead, the plaintiffs claimed, Johnson gave the $45,000 car to a girlfriend as paid ticket holders watched.
The case had been scheduled for trial June 30, and a judge earlier this month dismissed some claims that involved trips to out-of-town NFL games and other destinations.
In addition to the Lexus, the lawsuit alleges Johnson at regular Funny Bone shows had promised tickets to Bengals' games, trips to the Super Bowl and to Europe that were never delivered.

F-ing scum gave the car to some whore , and skipped out on the trips and was all over town running his mouth about he doesn't own anyone anything...

The guys on am 700wlw who he used to do a weekly show with was offended with the whole thing they canned his weekly show and basically dumped all the back story info they had on it on air and destroyed CJ... Joe Deters a Att. who does a show on 700wlw was part of the case VS CJ.

CJ is a POS , just people who just watch tv
and don't actually look into things think he is a swell guy...

Strong reference to a 5 year old raffle given the current conversation. I never said I wanted my daughter to marry him.

He ended up paying about $3500 back to everyone that bought a ticket, btw.

Gort
02-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Once again you are wrapped up in the idea of people knowing who he is, which was never something I hitched my point to. That was another poster.

Find me another athlete that has his own brand name condoms, food products, smartphone apps, reality TV shows, books, and clothing lines.

marketing geniuses:

the guys at Microsoft back in the mid-80's who realized that selling their OS to OEM computer manufacturers as pre-installed software (first MS-Dos, then Windows) was a goldmine.

not marketing genius:

NFL player who is approached by a condom company to use his name and likeness to market a condom to fanboys like Flex Gunmetal.

it's really not difficult to understand, but you're having trouble. perhaps you don't understand what marketing people do (besides play golf and have 3 martini lunches), they actually are tasked with finding and exploiting markets for their products.

people don't go to a store and see an Ocho Cinco condom and say "gee, i really ought to have sex tonight. i absolutely MUST have an Ocho Cinco condom on my dong."

however, the guy(s) who invented bottled water has/have conned alot of people out of many millions of dollars by selling something at a premium price, to customers that is already available from the customers' own taps at pennies per gallon. some people will make a special trip to the store just to buy bottled water, not knowing that alot of what's sold IS TAP WATER FROM SOME OTHER PLACE IN THE COUNTRY/WORLD!

there's a big difference. Chad Johnson is not a marketing genius. he may be an opportunist. he may be saavy at pursuing every avenue to make a buck while he has the chance. but he's not a marketing genius.

and you are just becoming silly with your protestations to the contrary.

TDmvp
02-18-2011, 03:14 PM

You mad that you're a bitter old man arguing on the internet? I would be too.

You do realize that I could have my own brands of all those things as well , and just as many people would give a $hit about them as the do CJ's junk...

If you have money and and are the least bit of a public figure you slap your name and face on anything people ask you to or have made any cheap ass junk product you think some moron might buy for 300% mark up...

Just because you have a bunch of garbage with your face and name on it don't mean jack ... You seem to be way to "wrapped" up in that idea ...

Hogan11
02-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Johnson's time is almost up and if those godawful shows of his are any indication, he doesn't have much of a media future in his post NFL career.

Whenever the Bengals suck, he disappears totally. His future is that of the NFL's version of Dennis Rodman.....and who cares what he does or sells these days.