PDA

View Full Version : Bad News Bronco Fans (champ related)

tsiguy96
02-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Free agent Champ Bailey has put his Colorado home up for sale, just after it was reported Bailey had renewed contract talks with the Broncos.
So much for that. "I am putting my Littleton, (CO) house up for sale," Bailey confirmed to Inside the NFL's Josina Anderson. It's an indication that Bailey doesn't plan to play for the Broncos in 2011. The team is not believed to be considering using the franchise tag on the 32-year-old shutdown corner.

per roto. Cya champ.

supermanhr9
02-16-2011, 11:33 AM
says who, he could be moving to a different part of town? Littleton sucks. actually littleton is cool DON"T GO CHAMP!

Killericon
02-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Maybe he's just preparing to buy a much, much bigger house.

/desperate hope

tsiguy96
02-16-2011, 11:35 AM
maybe hes gonna have his dad return his playbook for him

SonOfLe-loLang
02-16-2011, 11:38 AM
This means nothing. But if champ does leave and we draft Peterson to replace him, that scream you will hear is from me.

razorwire77
02-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Don't know why we wouldn't tag him. What sort of comp pick would we get?

cmhargrove
02-16-2011, 11:47 AM

/desperate hope

Maybe he should talk to Shanahan...

Miss I.
02-16-2011, 11:51 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!!!!!!!.

M#GHL:J:!#%!!!

Okay, calm...first question, was this news discovered on the lightrail or on a fishing boat with Shanahan?

Miss I.
02-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Ah nevermind, I found the source....
Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter (http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/statuses/37953926707937280)

Pick Six
02-16-2011, 11:53 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!!!!!!!.

M#GHL:J:!#%!!!

Okay, calm...first question, was this news discovered on the lightrail or on a fishing boat with Shanahan?

Worse. Josina Anderson...Hilarious!

24champ
02-16-2011, 11:58 AM
He's going to move back to D.C.

Snyder will pay him and there won't be any games to play as far as contracts go.

Ray Finkle
02-16-2011, 11:59 AM
He's going to move back to D.C.

Snyder will pay him and there won't be any games to play as far as contracts go.

I'd doubt that.....Lavar talks about how deep Champ's dislike is for pretzel boy.....

The Falcons, Texans, and Pats would be my guesses.

driver
02-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Bowlin and Ellis pi__ed him off. I don't blame him. If they can keep him at all it'll be a minor miracle. If they can't, franchise him, he should have a value that is very high. A 2nd and 2 3rd's at least.

FantomForce
02-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Writing has been on the wall since mid-season no real suprise

24champ
02-16-2011, 12:10 PM
I'd doubt that.....Lavar talks about how deep Champ's dislike is for pretzel boy.....

Pretzel boy will pay up, that's all that matters. Especially in today's economic climate.

Plus Shanahan is over there, and D.C. is a comfortable place for Champ.

srphoenix
02-16-2011, 12:10 PM
sucks, i'd hate to see champ go for good. He has been the one perennially bright spot on this team and I think he still has a lot left in him to provide to our defense

MABroncoFan
02-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Even if he wants to leave, why wouldn't they assign him the non-exclusive franchise tag on him with the intention of dealing him for picks? I doubt a team would give up 2 first rounders to sign him in that case, but could work a deal w/ the Broncos for lesser compensation.

Tombstone RJ
02-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Don't know why we wouldn't tag him. What sort of comp pick would we get?

Someone said the Broncos aren't gonna tag him because they'd have to pay him like $15m for one year.

I say tag him. If he walks the Broncos will at least get something in return.

Tombstone RJ
02-16-2011, 12:27 PM
When was the last time the Broncos used the franchise tag on a player? Anyone know?

Rulon Velvet Jones
02-16-2011, 12:28 PM
If he's going to leave, it makes bad business sense to just let him walk for nothing. Are the Broncos sharing offices with the Nuggets now?

Garcia Bronco
02-16-2011, 12:34 PM
When was the last time the Broncos used the franchise tag on a player? Anyone know?

i belie e shanahan did it to Elam

Tombstone RJ
02-16-2011, 12:40 PM
i belie e shanahan did it to Elam

The Broncos use the franchise tag so infrequently that it's hard to remember a player who was franchised by the Broncos.

If Xanders and Elway were smart, they'd use the tag. Its time for the Broncos front office to start acting like a friggen front office.

DarkHorse30
02-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Someone said the Broncos aren't gonna tag him because they'd have to pay him like $15m for one year.

Bingo. All of this angst over champ is for naught. He had a 13M cap last year, so this year is 15? Whoopty freakin' do.

And for those that think Champ "deserves" a ring, so he should go somewhere else besides Denver........a question: How does 4G make it all the way to me from Mars?

theAPAOps5
02-16-2011, 12:43 PM
So he said he put up his Littleton House for sale what about the other 2? Talk to me when they are up for sale.

Killericon
02-16-2011, 12:50 PM
So he said he put up his Littleton House for sale what about the other 2? Talk to me when they are up for sale.

Yay for context!

jhns
02-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Drama queens like drama.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Rotoworld going off of Josina, not sure if it's possible to have a worse combo.

24champ
02-16-2011, 01:01 PM

Is this Littleton house, the same house he had a dispute over with his ex-wife?

Ugly Duck
02-16-2011, 01:03 PM
Rumor is that some of Bailey's posse is in Oaktown evaluating properties up in the ritzy Oakland Hills area. Probably wants to play for a team on the upswing instead of the downslide.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Rumor is that some of Bailey's posse is in Oaktown evaluating properties up in the ritzy Oakland Hills area. Probably wants to play for a team on the upswing instead of the downslide.

Yeah? Link?

Kaylore
02-16-2011, 01:11 PM
per roto. Cya champ.

Not to be one to quash Mane hysteria, but doesn't Champ have three houses here in Colorado?

Kaylore
02-16-2011, 01:12 PM

Ok thank you. Do we know which one is his primary place of residence? This could also be angling for more money with the Broncos too. Up for sale is a long way from sold, especially in this economy.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Ok thank you. Do we know which one is his primary place of residence? This could also be angling for more money with the Broncos too. Up for sale is a long way from sold, especially in this economy.

"On the market" and "off the market" can change within a day.

mkporter
02-16-2011, 01:27 PM

The 49ers? Maybe. I do like Harbaugh.

bowtown
02-16-2011, 01:28 PM
More posturing. Nothing either side says or does makes any difference at all until there is a new CBA in place. It's all part of the game. Everyone settle down.

listopencil
02-16-2011, 01:31 PM
The Broncos use the franchise tag so infrequently that it's hard to remember a player who was franchised by the Broncos.

If Xanders and Elway were smart, they'd use the tag. Its time for the Broncos front office to start acting like a friggen front office.

NFLPA: Franchise tags 'meaningless' without new CBA
By Sean Leahy, USA TODAY

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/02/nflpa-franchise-tags-meaningless-without-new-cba/1

"Union leader DeMaurice Smith said if teams apply the franchise tag -- which can greatly limit players' path to unrestricted free agency -- they will have no recourse to enforce it if the league's collective bargaining agreement expires on March 4."

-snip-

"The NFL had said on Wednesday that it advised teams it can use the franchise tag since the time period to apply the tag is before the expiration of the agreement."

theAPAOps5
02-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Is this Littleton house, the same house he had a dispute over with his ex-wife?

I think that is the one. I just know he has more than one.

Mogulseeker
02-16-2011, 01:33 PM
says who, he could be moving to a different part of town? Littleton sucks. actually littleton is cool DON"T GO CHAMP!

I grew up in Littleton.

I love Colorado... I love Denver...

Littleton sucks.

Edit - I still live in Littleton... missed the cutoff date for DU housing this quarter so from Jan to March I commute from Littleton to Denver. It sucks. They need to either widen Santa Fe or Wadsworth Blvd... OR have more RTD departures from Mineral station.

It takes me an hour to get to Denver University from where I live - ITS 8 FREAKING MILES.

Mogulseeker
02-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Champ is gone... the girl I'm seeing right now is a big Bailey fan and every time we talk Broncos she brings up the fact that he never seemed happy on the sidelines this year.

strafen
02-16-2011, 01:39 PM
He's got one nice house on the Cherry Farms Hills area. Just west off I-25 on Belleview and University. That's got to be his primary residence.
That's where I've seen his Bentley and his Harley Davison edition Ford Truck.

Basically, around the corner where John Elway used to live with Janet...

Mogulseeker
02-16-2011, 01:42 PM
That said, I can see why he wants out of Littleton.

I don't know why some many Denver athletes live here. My mom taught Joe Sakic's and Adam Foote's kids, I run into Karl Mecklenburg every now and then. I saw Chauncey Billups at Red Robin the other day. I saw Tatum Bell at a restaurant once too.

I suppose its a good place to raise a family... but the women are either too young or too old, the bars suck... and you can't get around by walking so it's never okay to get too trashed and go home with a girl, which is my favorite past time.

He's got one nice house on the Cherry Farms Hills area. Just west off I-25 on Belleview and University. That's got to be his primary residence.
That's where I've seen his Bentley and his Harley Davison edition Ford Truck.

Basically, around the corner where John Elway used to live with Janet...

I sometimes take University to C-470 to get to Littleton and I got through Cherry Hills... that place so so ****ing nice. Still wouldn't live there.

If I were a millionaire I'd buy a floor in the Icehouse Lofts in LoDo.

strafen
02-16-2011, 01:44 PM
That said, I can see why he wants out of Littleton.

I don't know why some many Denver athletes live here. My mom taught Joe Sakic's and Adam Foote's kids, I run into Karl Mecklenburg every now and then. I saw Chauncey Billups at Red Robin the other day. I saw Tatum Bell at a restaurant once too.

I suppose its a good place to raise a family... but the women are either too young or too old, the bars suck... and you can't get around by walking so it's never okay to get too trashed and go home with a girl, which is my favorite past time.
Carmelo lives off Bowles west of Santa Fe Drive.
Nice neighborhood and houses, you just need to know where to turn to see them. ;)

strafen
02-16-2011, 01:45 PM
per roto. Cya champ.Misleading title...

TheReverend
02-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Champ is gone... the girl I'm seeing right now is a big Bailey fan and every time we talk Broncos she brings up the fact that he never seemed happy on the sidelines this year.

The team won 4 games... everyone should have seemed like that.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Nice neighborhood and houses, you just need to know where to turn to see them. ;)

Also a guy with several residences, one just North of Washington Park (where I live). See him driving his black Dodge Challenger all the time in the summer around Wash Park.

Rigs11
02-16-2011, 01:51 PM
fox is tearing this team apart!

schaaf
02-16-2011, 01:51 PM
This sounds to me that Josina is just trying to stick her nose into something. I feel that this is nothing more than another amazing piece of writing by the Denver Journalists

Mogulseeker
02-16-2011, 01:52 PM

Dude, I live off Bowles, west of Santa Fe Drive

bowtown
02-16-2011, 01:52 PM

Well that settles it. Some girl thinks he looked sad. Take it to press!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-16-2011, 01:54 PM
@josinaanderson jst hrd chmp flng bad & angry bout team drcton. wnts trd bad! hous on mkt. #foxistearingthisteamapart

24champ
02-16-2011, 02:04 PM
I think that is the one. I just know he has more than one.

Makes sense, I recall an article in the Post where the ex-wife didn't make any payments on the house when she was supposed to. Costing Champ Bailey some serious cash.

If that's the same house, he may have wanted to just sell it and be done with it.

bronclvr
02-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Champ Bailey wants more “security” in contract proposal

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 16, 2011, 1:56 PM EST
The Broncos and cornerback Champ Bailey are talking again. That’s the good news for Broncos fans.

The bad news is that Bailey isn’t particularly happy with Denver’s latest proposal. A source “close to the negotiation” talked to Josina Anderson of FOX31 Sports in Denver about where the two sides are:

“The Broncos’ negotiating posture has not changed in any respect from the offer that was made back in October which provided only limited guarantees. The money represents nothing more than a commitment to the player for just the upcoming season only, which Bailey would be highly unlikely to accept in its current form on the brink of free agency given the lack of security provided beyond the first year of the contract,” the source said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/16/champ-bailey-wants-more-security-in-contract-proposal/

CEH
02-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Dude, I live off Bowles, west of Santa Fe Drive

He lives in the neighborhood at Platte Canyon and Mineral. His house backs up to Platte Canyon just south of the little pitch and putt course at Columbine Country Club

bronco militia
02-16-2011, 02:15 PM
http://images.cryhavok.org/d/13607-1/Get+to+the+Choppa+Together.jpg

BigPlayShay
02-16-2011, 02:26 PM
So, he has the Littleton home that he is selling, bought for $1.6 million in June of 2007.

There is the Cherry Hills Farm mansion that he bought for $3.5 million in 2004 or 2005, but according to the following older article, that was given to the ex-wife after the divorce. It was in foreclosure in 2009 and was solely in his ex-wife's name:

http://www.denverpost.com/pennyparker/ci_13735367

So, does he still have multiple homes, or is it really just this Littleton home?

bowtown
02-16-2011, 02:34 PM
What brand of gloves does everyone wear when they play video games?

Movies are awesome!

TheReverend
02-16-2011, 02:35 PM

http://www.freewebs.com/opengatesfarmbedandbreakfast/mittens.jpg

Adds 80s era difficulty to modern video game garbage

bowtown
02-16-2011, 02:36 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/opengatesfarmbedandbreakfast/mittens.jpg

Adds 80s era difficulty to modern video game garbage

Yeah, I like to use those when I'm typing memos for work.

Bob's your Information Minister
02-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Dwayne Bowe just smiled.

Rulon Velvet Jones
02-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Dwayne Bowe just smiled.

Bowe smiles constantly. It's hard to hide that picket fence he calls a grill behind anything smaller than a highway billboard.

THE719!
02-16-2011, 02:43 PM
BEATING A DEAD HORSE

I just want want to say thanks Josh McDaniels only 3 years ago we only needed defense so ya thanks buddy

eddie mac
02-16-2011, 02:51 PM

If they sign him to a new deal they'd have to pay somewhere near that this year anyway. Or do they stupidly think he'd come back at a discount???

Mogulseeker
02-16-2011, 02:54 PM
He lives in the neighborhood at Platte Canyon and Mineral. His house backs up to Platte Canyon just south of the little pitch and putt course at Columbine Country Club

Holy ****.... Carmelo Anthony is practically my next door neighbor... makes me wonder why I haven't ever seen him around.

eddie mac
02-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Elway and Fox the 2 new cornerstones of the Broncos franchise let the best defender on the team in the last 10 years walk for nothing???

Never gonna happen, he'll either re-sign or when a new CBA is in place be tagged and traded.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-16-2011, 03:06 PM
BEATING A DEAD HORSE

I just want want to say thanks Josh McDaniels only 3 years ago we only needed defense so ya thanks buddy

You're neat-o.

Champ Bailey plays defense. Did you know that?

Any chance you have to bring him up though, you should take it. We're all fascinated by your incredible insight.

Taco John
02-16-2011, 03:07 PM
There's no way we let him get away without tagging him. That would be horrible management. Obviously we're going to do what we can to get *some* sort of value for him.

cutthemdown
02-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Tag him and make him sit until a couple days before the season. If you can't trade him at least make him wait until last second to join another team. After they have spent all there money etc etc. TAG HIM TAG HIM. If they don't its the broncos first stupid mistake and I will be leaning towards Elway and Xanders wont be fixing the team. Starting this off with a huge blunder would be a huge setback for Elway.

OBF1
02-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Threads like this show what kind of idiots post at the mane.

Champ is putting his home up for sale... That is all it states, Yet the never ending list of stupid are claiming he is pissed at (Insert head office figure) or is moving to (Insert towns name here)

It makes me sad reading this garbage every freeking day from the large list of village idiots.

Tombstone RJ
02-16-2011, 03:25 PM

Champ is putting his home up for sale... That is all it states, Yet the never ending list of stupid are claiming he is pissed at (Insert head office figure) or is moving to (Insert towns name here)

It makes me sad reading this garbage every freeking day from the large list of village idiots.

takes one to know one... :yayaya:

vancejohnson82
02-16-2011, 03:25 PM
IF this is true.....very big IF....and it is because he's not being respected by our new management, then they just set themselves up for a ****eload of second guessing from the fan base

i dont believe it though

cutthemdown
02-16-2011, 03:27 PM

Well it's known fact in the business of sports players and coaches use that as a little sign to say we aren't staying. It could be nothing but there is validity to the theory players do this to send a message.

Tombstone RJ
02-16-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm sure Champ wants to iron out a nice new big fat long term agreement that pays him a bazillion dollars, but there's a few things he gotta remember:

1. CBA negotiations
2. Denver has problems all over the defense
3. CBA negotiations

Those 3 things right there should help him understand it's not a matter of respecting him or disrespecting him, it's a matter of a team rebuilding and a very uncertain CBA future.

cutthemdown
02-16-2011, 03:37 PM
If Champ really is serious about playing for a contender all he has to due is say i will sign a really fair deal and then you trade me. Otherwise I say play hard ball. No smart contender will pay him 10 mil a yr anyways at his age. Chances are they will make him sign a 2 yr deal or something. He will do it because he wants to win. That is fine but we have to get a first round pick out of it.

boppool
02-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Champ's not going anywhere...

Have you seen the housing market in Colorado? He'll never be able sell it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Does the Champ Bailey show still take place in the offseason on the Ticket?

Rigs11
02-16-2011, 03:52 PM

Movies are awesome!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CGdbWRAh_KI/S-2YdlJ6fnI/AAAAAAAABb4/vNOEWMgOJ1k/s400/powerglove.jpg

Ugly Duck
02-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah? Link?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=97003&page=2

Requiem
02-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Denver will get compensated if Bailey departs. Compensatory selection, a third rounder, which is nothing for the caliber of a player he is.

That being said, he deserves to play for a contender. He has done everything but get a ring. Hope he can get it. Certainly won't be here.

Chris
02-16-2011, 05:06 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_CGdbWRAh_KI/S-2YdlJ6fnI/AAAAAAAABb4/vNOEWMgOJ1k/s400/powerglove.jpg

Sorry... it looked cool... I saw the Wizard... but it was a piece of ****... not a pos... a piece of ****.

GoBroncos84
02-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Didn't read entire thread, so sorry if this has been posted. Apparently some fans are planning a "Champ Bailey Rally" for this Sunday at the stadium in an attempt to keep Champ here.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=129889607079925

schaaf
02-16-2011, 05:24 PM
Didn't read entire thread, so sorry if this has been posted. Apparently some fans are planning a "Champ Bailey Rally" for this Sunday at the stadium in an attempt to keep Champ here.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=129889607079925

Beat me to it! We need to let Champ know we want him back here

ZONA
02-16-2011, 11:23 PM
ahh, the ole I'll put my home up for sale so they think I'm leaving so they pay me more trick

HILife
02-16-2011, 11:35 PM
aaaaahhhhhh NNNNNNOOOOOOOO

extralife
02-16-2011, 11:47 PM
man get this **** done

if Champ walks all the talk about the "Bronco way" and "getting the fans back in the fold" was just fluff (it was just fluff).

some players are more important than the situation. champ is not a cog to fit into some plan. he's champ bailey. that overrides whatever our rebuilding plan is.

cutthemdown
02-16-2011, 11:49 PM
I don't subscribe to the player deserves to win a ring mantra. You know who deserves something? all the fans who paid Champs big salary all these years. We deserve a winner way more then Champ deserves a ring. Players show over and over that the reality is they want to get security for there families long term. The Broncos, with the help of our dollars made that a reality. Fans have proven we just want team to win and we will buy all your gear to support you. How many of us have donned Champ Bailey jersey's?

I don't feel sorry for Champ Bailey either way, stay or go. Only the fans really can be screwed.

cutthemdown
02-16-2011, 11:49 PM
What will Champ cost us on a one year deal for the franchise tag?

broncocalijohn
02-16-2011, 11:58 PM

/desperate hope

like shanahan's house?

mkporter
02-17-2011, 12:24 AM
What will Champ cost us on a one year deal for the franchise tag?

$15M

Caveat Lector
02-17-2011, 01:20 AM
Champ's situation got me thinking about Antoine Winfield's deal with Minnesota a couple of years ago.

In 2009 when Winfield received his extension, he was 32 -

7/23/2009: Signed a five-year, $36 million contract. The deal contains $16.1 million guaranteed, including his first-year base salary. Another $1.4 million is available in "likely to be earned" first-year incentives. A de-escalator could kick in for 2011, reducing Winfield's salaries to roughly $3 million if he loses his starting job but sticks as the Vikings' nickel corner. 2011: $6.75 million, 2012: $7 million, 2013: $7.25 million, 2014: Free Agen

Winfield got $16 mil guaranteed 2 years ago, at the same age as Champ.

The franchies tag figure of $17 mil doesn't seem so bad when you look at these numbers...

cutthemdown
02-17-2011, 02:09 AM
$15M

If the Broncos decided he was just too expensive, but then signed a few other FA to make up for it maybe I wouldn't be super pissed.

15 million is steep if he wont deal longer term with us.

Broncoman13
02-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Wasn't the deal on the table rumored to be in the $11-12m per season range? Seems like it was 4 years 45m or something like that.

The Broncos are screwed here. They know that if they let Champ walk, they don't look real serious to the fans. Building a contender... by letting your best defensive player and future HOF CB go.

On the other hand, they really do not have the money to give all of these guys the big contracts with huge up front money. Not a lot has been said about it, but these "evil" owners are willing to have lockout so that they can build up their accounts so they can pay these huge upfront $$$s. Everybody thinks the owners are just out to make big bucks, but perhaps there are too many owners that are just too low to give more than one or two big contracts out.

Finally, there are a lot of pieces to fix on this team. $15m can go into three pretty good players. Champ is a great player and I would like to see him move to safety eventually (In Denver mind you), but at this point I'm not sure its in the Broncos best interest. But if they let Champ walk and then turn around and draft Peterson I will be pretty upset. It's like trading Brandon Marshall and then drafting DT... you never get ahead, in fact it's always taking steps backward.

Jetmeck
02-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Some people are like a bunch of gossiping old women......jumping to every conceivable conclusion to get some attention !!!!

Chris
02-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Wasn't the deal on the table rumored to be in the $11-12m per season range? Seems like it was 4 years 45m or something like that.

The Broncos are screwed here. They know that if they let Champ walk, they don't look real serious to the fans. Building a contender... by letting your best defensive player and future HOF CB go.

On the other hand, they really do not have the money to give all of these guys the big contracts with huge up front money. Not a lot has been said about it, but these "evil" owners are willing to have lockout so that they can build up their accounts so they can pay these huge upfront $$$s. Everybody thinks the owners are just out to make big bucks, but perhaps there are too many owners that are just too low to give more than one or two big contracts out.

Finally, there are a lot of pieces to fix on this team. $15m can go into three pretty good players. Champ is a great player and I would like to see him move to safety eventually (In Denver mind you), but at this point I'm not sure its in the Broncos best interest. But if they let Champ walk and then turn around and draft Peterson I will be pretty upset. It's like trading Brandon Marshall and then drafting DT... you never get ahead, in fact it's always taking steps backward.

So what is the solution if we let Champ go?

MABroncoFan
02-17-2011, 11:07 AM
rotoworld.com

Executive VP John Elway emphasized Thursday that Champ Bailey is an "important priority" for the Broncos.
"We want Champ to finish his Hall of Fame career as a Denver Bronco," added Elway. The two sides were reportedly close to a four-year, $40 million deal at one point, but Bailey was unsatisfied with the guarantees beyond the first year. Elway's style has been very open and upfront. His comments suggest he'll eventually meet Bailey's asking price. Source: DenverBroncos.com Feb 17, 1:27:00 PM

~Crash~
02-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Well it's known fact in the business of sports players and coaches use that as a little sign to say we aren't staying. It could be nothing but there is validity to the theory players do this to send a message.

Sounds great if we hear this week after they start talks but at the same time ..god.........:wiggle:

bowtown
02-17-2011, 11:11 AM
rotoworld.com

Executive VP John Elway emphasized Thursday that Champ Bailey is an "important priority" for the Broncos.
"We want Champ to finish his Hall of Fame career as a Denver Bronco," added Elway. The two sides were reportedly close to a four-year, $40 million deal at one point, but Bailey was unsatisfied with the guarantees beyond the first year. Elway's style has been very open and upfront. His comments suggest he'll eventually meet Bailey's asking price. Source: DenverBroncos.com Feb 17, 1:27:00 PM

Speaking of grinding gears. Just give me the facts, keep your conjecture out of it. That's not what it suggests at all.

MABroncoFan
02-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Speaking of grinding gears. Just give me the facts, keep your conjecture out of it. That's not what it suggests at all.

That's not my conjecture, it's rotoworld's.

bowtown
02-17-2011, 11:17 AM
That's not my conjecture, it's rotoworld's.

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't directing that at you. I was directing it at rotoworld.

~Crash~
02-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Denver will get compensated if Bailey departs. Compensatory selection, a third rounder, which is nothing for the caliber of a player he is.

That being said, he deserves to play for a contender. He has done everything but get a ring. Hope he can get it. Certainly won't be here.

oh go **** youself ..

Gort
02-17-2011, 01:08 PM

the Falcons are a good guess. he could get a SB ring there in the next year or two.

Gort
02-17-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't subscribe to the player deserves to win a ring mantra. You know who deserves something? all the fans who paid Champs big salary all these years. We deserve a winner way more then Champ deserves a ring. Players show over and over that the reality is they want to get security for there families long term. The Broncos, with the help of our dollars made that a reality. Fans have proven we just want team to win and we will buy all your gear to support you. How many of us have donned Champ Bailey jersey's?

I don't feel sorry for Champ Bailey either way, stay or go. Only the fans really can be screwed.

except for missing some games due to injuries, no fan can really complain about Champ's play. he did what he was paid to do. it would have been nice to see a few more picks, but compared to what was here before we traded for him, champ was a HUGE upgrade and played that way.

Gort
02-17-2011, 01:13 PM
man get this **** done

if Champ walks all the talk about the "Bronco way" and "getting the fans back in the fold" was just fluff (it was just fluff).

some players are more important than the situation. champ is not a cog to fit into some plan. he's champ bailey. that overrides whatever our rebuilding plan is.

Atwater ended his career playing for the Jets. it happens. not every fan favorite can finish their career here. that's just the nature of the business.

extralife
02-17-2011, 03:12 PM
yeah, and it sucked balls when we let Atwater walk

but he also only played one more year. Champ ain't going anywhere to be one and done. his career isn't over.