PDA

View Full Version : gall bladder was removed yesterday.

spdirty
02-12-2011, 06:47 AM
good drugs. Pain is about a 3 right now. Symptoms had me thinking it was an ulcer so I held out for a couple weeks. Guess my old man told me it was black and dead and they had to open me up. Right now Ill give anything for just a swallow of orange juice. Anyway, asking for prayers for a speedy recovery.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Get well soon.

rbackfactory80
02-12-2011, 07:18 AM
The first days post op are the worst. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

spdirty
02-12-2011, 07:30 AM
thanks. pain is not all that bad right now, mouth is extrememly dry though. Have to run some tests today and maybe tomorrow I can swallow some water. Have never been through anything like this. first surgery ever. Really friggin sucks. Nurses are all nice though.

worm
02-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Just did a gallbladder flush over the last three days...as a first line mitigation step as something has not been right with my digestive system over the last couple of months.

I am hoping I don't have to go your route with surgery as I have heard that alcohol consumption after gallbladder removal is problematic. That would SUCK!!

Good luck with your recovery. Hopefully food and drink choices are not reduced for you.

theAPAOps5
02-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Man I heard that it's painful leading up to surgery. Hope it is a speedy recovery and glad it went without complications.

AK Broncomaniac
02-12-2011, 08:04 AM
good drugs. Pain is about a 3 right now. Symptoms had me thinking it was an ulcer so I held out for a couple weeks. Guess my old man told me it was black and dead and they had to open me up. Right now Ill give anything for just a swallow of orange juice. Anyway, asking for prayers for a speedy recovery.

wishes for a speedy recovery!

spdirty
02-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Just did a gallbladder flush over the last three days...as a first line mitigation step as something has not been right with my digestive system over the last couple of months.

I am hoping I don't have to go your route with surgery as I have heard that alcohol consumption after gallbladder removal is problematic. That would SUCK!!

Good luck with your recovery. Hopefully food and drink choices are not reduced for you.

been about 40 hours since Ive eaten or dranken anything. If I felt better I would rub one out to the thought of a swallow of Apple or Orange juice.

I hope that even if you had to do this, you can do the arthroscopic route. had my family thinking i was dead yesterday after what was spose to be a 1 hour ordeal took 3 hours. hate putting em through that. the bladder was i think too swollen and black and jacked up for em to just pluck out with the chopsticks. so they opened me up.

Pretty weird that 1 minute Im sitting there joking around with my preacher and wife and anasthesiologist and the next minute I wake up to a couple nurses joking that I owe em big time for saving my life and then being wheeled to my family where everyone acts as though I came back from the dead.

Thats my frickin family though. Can't do anything the easy way.

spdirty
02-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Man I heard that it's painful leading up to surgery. Hope it is a speedy recovery and glad it went without complications.

2 weeks ago yesterday after eating a nice meal I had about the worst stomach pain Ive ever felt in my life. 30 minutes later that pain is gone. I'm fine till the next Wednesday when the pain hits again, and, about 30 minutes later, the pain is gone. After reading up on it the symptoms sounded like what I thought was an ulcer. So dr.spdirty diagnoses himself with a friggin ulcer, gets off the cocacola, and fatty foods, starts eating rice and chicken, bland foods, taking ginger root pills, lots of yogurt, cereal, and fruit juice. Then about 3 or 4 nights in a row of pain that was about a 7 or 8 on a scale of 1-10, the old lady forced me to go to the doc where I found out m self diagnosis was off just a hair. Now all I can think about is how nice that drink of orange juice will be.

Boobs McGee
02-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Wow that sounds awful!!! Who needs a gallbladder anyways, am I right??? **** that useless organ!! Hope you get some cute nurses, glad to hear you're still alive and kicking. And HOPEFULLY you get to drink liquids soon. That feeling of dehydration is the worst!

Prayers and good luck mang

Los Broncos
02-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Get well soon :)

ZachKC
02-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Take care of yourself!

mhgaffney
02-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Thankfully, you can make it without one. Good luck!

spdirty
02-12-2011, 09:00 AM
thanks.

oubronco
02-12-2011, 09:00 AM
My wife had it done and she was up moving around in a few days hang in there and get well soon

TailgateNut
02-12-2011, 09:35 AM
rub some dirt on it, and get back to work

HILife
02-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Good luck with that and recover quickly. Also, walk it off. You'll be ok.

long beach bronco
02-12-2011, 09:53 AM
May Jah be with you my brother, your pain will go away soon.

Punisher
02-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Get well soon man

Popps
02-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Best wishes, SP. You'll be back in action soon. Take it easy.

spdirty
02-12-2011, 10:16 AM
My wife had it done and she was up moving around in a few days hang in there and get well soon

Yeah I thought that would be me. But the damn thing was so inflamed that the surgeon said they had to cut muscle and open me up. Now have an mri today to see if the wtfever its called, duct or whatever, got sewn up properly. A few days before I can even get onto freakng ice chips. Said I can't go back to work for 6 weeks. :(

Dedhed
02-12-2011, 10:18 AM
My sister had it it done a few years ago. From what I remember she was feeling much better shortly after surgery.

Good Luck.

chawknz
02-12-2011, 10:18 AM
I had my gallbladder out about 4 months ago. The first week sucked, no doubt about it. I found sleeping on my couch was WAY better than on the bed.

Was about 5 days before I was okay to stop the pain meds.. Had a lot of painful bloating feelings for about 2 weeks after, but eventually went away. Sure beats the attacks I was getting.

You're over the worst part in my eyes. Waking up after the surgery. That was TERRIBLE.

If you have any questions, let me know. :)

Good luck!

Dr. Broncenstein
02-12-2011, 10:21 AM
I don't think the typical gallbladder recovery period applies here. Spdirty did not have a laparoscopic surgery.

chawknz
02-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Oooh I missed that part. That was my biggest fear, that they would have to open me up mid surgery. Thankfully they didn't.

Yah, your recovery will take a lot more time, but you'll be okay! Sounds like you're in good hands.

Miss I.
02-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Wishing you a quick recovery.
http://www.zingerbug.com/Comments/glitter_graphics/get_well_soon_dog.jpg

SouthStndJunkie
02-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Get well soon and don't over do it when you start to feel a little better.

spdirty
02-12-2011, 04:50 PM
just did the mri that made me claustrophobic. Right now I'm just putting fluids like water, root beer, orange juice, and apple juive in my mouth, swishing it around, and spitting it out. Havent had a thing to eat or drink since yesterday morning. I also have 2 hours to pee before they put a cathater back into me. Pray for me there. Offseason sucks. I blame McDaniels for this.

AZorange1
02-12-2011, 05:32 PM

Feel for you---hope you feel better quickly. Has not been a banner week for me either. Had a new pacemaker/defibulator put in Thur and made the mistake of commenting to the doc that my old one was sticking out a long ways and was I getting a smaller one this time. He said "no, same one" and commenced to putting the new one in deeper into my pectoral muscles to the point that I thought his hand was coming out my back. Then while in recovery, I passed a stone. Came home constipated and finally got that handled today with what felt like the limb of an oak tree coming out. Like you say, "great drugs though". Feel great now sporting my "deluxe" model pacemaker that I hear cost $27,500 without installation.:strong:

spdirty
02-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Feel for you---hope you feel better quickly. Has not been a banner week for me either. Had a new pacemaker/defibulator put in Thur and made the mistake of commenting to the doc that my old one was sticking out a long ways and was I getting a smaller one this time. He said "no, same one" and commenced to putting the new one in deeper into my pectoral muscles to the point that I thought his hand was coming out my back. Then while in recovery, I passed a stone. Came home constipated and finally got that handled today with what felt like the limb of an oak tree coming out. Like you say, "great drugs though". Feel great now sporting my "deluxe" model pacemaker that I hear cost $27,500 without installation.:strong:

wow. that is terrible. Can say I feel for you.

well, I stood up, had my old man turn on the faucet, relaxed as best I could, nothing. So the nurse gave me some drugs, and gave me a choice of having her or a guy do it. I chose the guy. Wasn't as bad as I built it up to be but just the thought makes me hurt.

Havent heard anything on the mri yet. i appreciate the support from everyone here. Nice to be able to vent on here when going through a miserable experience.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-12-2011, 06:45 PM

well, I stood up, had my old man turn on the faucet, relaxed as best I could, nothing. So the nurse gave me some drugs, and gave me a choice of having her or a guy do it. I chose the guy. Wasn't as bad as I built it up to be but just the thought makes me hurt.

Havent heard anything on the mri yet. i appreciate the support from everyone here. Nice to be able to vent on here when going through a miserable experience.

Sounds like the MRI was an MRCP. Did they say what they were looking for?

Hogan11
02-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Get well soon, all the best!

theAPAOps5
02-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Man those MRI's are the suck of all suck. I had to get one because I have a torn rotator cuff. The last thing they tell you before they shoe horn you in is don't move because it will take longer.

Yeah thanks, the last thing I want on my mind as I am shoved into a giant white butthole looking thing is don't move or it will take longer.

Then they give you these headphones that do absolute nothing for the noise that starts bombarding you. Shortly after the noise stops you get that itch on your face because subconsciously you are still thinking damnit did I move too much. What happens if I sneeze.

Then there are some more noises that sound like the end times are coming. Scares the bejesus out of you and you have to fart but you don't want to fart in the giant sphincter tube because that will just echo and make you laugh. Which will make you move and will make the whole process take longer.

Yeah they suck!

AZorange1
02-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Man those MRI's are the suck of all suck. I had to get one because I have a torn rotator cuff. The last thing they tell you before they shoe horn you in is don't move because it will take longer.

Yeah thanks, the last thing I want on my mind as I am shoved into a giant white butthole looking thing is don't move or it will take longer.

Then they give you these headphones that do absolute nothing for the noise that starts bombarding you. Shortly after the noise stops you get that itch on your face because subconsciously you are still thinking damnit did I move too much. What happens if I sneeze.

Then there are some more noises that sound like the end times are coming. Scares the bejesus out of you and you have to fart but you don't want to fart in the giant sphincter tube because that will just echo and make you laugh. Which will make you move and will make the whole process take longer.

Yeah they suck!
Right on the money description----thanks

AZorange1
02-12-2011, 07:56 PM

How does that go, "You'll laugh about this someday". COME ON TOMORROW!

gunns
02-12-2011, 08:15 PM
My daughter had it your way and it takes awhile but it wasn't overly long. Just hang on to those pain pills. Getting out of the hospital is the first step to feeling better. Hoping everything goes well for you.

I'm surprised people stop taking the pain pills. I thought it was like other prescriptions, take until gone. ;D

Cmac821
02-12-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm surprised people stop taking the pain pills. I thought it was like other prescriptions, take until gone. ;D

I had a nasal surgery for a deviated septum and I figured 30 days of painkillers seemed like a overkill. Instead, I doubled the dose for a couple of days.

At first I took them waited 5 minutes, nothing, took more, a little better, took more...then I could hardly feel my feet touching the ground...bad idea.

Tyrant
02-12-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm not a drinker, so can't tell you how the surgery will affect your future ability to knock a few back, but I can tell you that I didn't really have to change my diet...too much.

I have to avoid really fatty foods. If you eat a greasy burger (Burger King causes the worst reaction to me for some reason), it won't kill you, but there will be some, uh, violent reactions. I'll spare you the gory details.

I know your surgery was awful, but as far as the loss of the gallbladder goes, it won't change your life too much, if at all.

cutthemdown
02-13-2011, 01:05 AM
2 weeks ago yesterday after eating a nice meal I had about the worst stomach pain Ive ever felt in my life. 30 minutes later that pain is gone. I'm fine till the next Wednesday when the pain hits again, and, about 30 minutes later, the pain is gone. After reading up on it the symptoms sounded like what I thought was an ulcer. So dr.spdirty diagnoses himself with a friggin ulcer, gets off the cocacola, and fatty foods, starts eating rice and chicken, bland foods, taking ginger root pills, lots of yogurt, cereal, and fruit juice. Then about 3 or 4 nights in a row of pain that was about a 7 or 8 on a scale of 1-10, the old lady forced me to go to the doc where I found out m self diagnosis was off just a hair. Now all I can think about is how nice that drink of orange juice will be.

It's never good to play doctor, unless you know its the other kind of playing doctor lol!. I hope you get well soon and god willing you have no setbacks.

Los Broncos
02-13-2011, 01:15 AM
I had a nasal surgery for a deviated septum and I figured 30 days of painkillers seemed like a overkill. Instead, I doubled the dose for a couple of days.

At first I took them waited 5 minutes, nothing, took more, a little better, took more...then I could hardly feel my feet touching the ground...bad idea.

That's the surgery I need.

spdirty
02-13-2011, 01:58 AM

Yeah they suck!

hammer. nail. head right there.

spdirty
02-13-2011, 02:03 AM
Sounds like the MRI was an MRCP. Did they say what they were looking for?

I really don't know. I guess they wanted to make sure their sews were good and there wasnt any leaked bile. I guess. I think that was the reason for it but I ould be wrong. Anyway, nurse last night said the results were god s I wont have to do a scope. Think recovery time will be 5 weeks now. Still hurts kike a mofo.

spdirty
02-13-2011, 02:06 AM
It's never good to play doctor, unless you know its the other kind of playing doctor lol!. I hope you get well soon and god willing you have no setbacks.

yeah agree. Thank you.

They said if I can pee I can have ice chips. So come on you organs, WAKE UP!

Requiem
02-13-2011, 02:06 AM
If you are in Colorado, get your medicinal marijuana license and start ripping bongs like there is no tomorrow.

cutthemdown
02-13-2011, 02:13 AM
yeah agree. Thank you.

They said if I can pee I can have ice chips. So come on you organs, WAKE UP!

Isn't it amazing how we take for granted just being able to quench thirst when you want to? Then when something so simple is taken from you the agony and frustration that sets in is maddening.

I know exactly how you feel! I hope you get some liquids soon.

cutthemdown
02-13-2011, 02:13 AM
If you are in Colorado, get your medicinal marijuana license and start ripping bongs like there is no tomorrow.

and if you don't **** it get a bong and smoke anyways. Wait, what were we talking about?

Requiem
02-13-2011, 02:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OsmpErf1gE

Requiem
02-13-2011, 02:20 AM
check this out

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rIqWi4TPuPU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rIqWi4TPuPU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

youtube luvs us!!!!

spdirty
02-13-2011, 02:26 AM
Isn't it amazing how we take for granted just being able to quench thirst when you want to? Then when something so simple is taken from you the agony and frustration that sets in is maddening.

I know exactly how you feel! I hope you get some liquids soon.

YES. It is very depressing. But what I really hate is the feeling of overall helplessness. Can't really even sit up without help. Can't stand. Can't do ****. And the knowledge that had I went to the doc when the symptoms first started recovery time would be a few days, rather than 6 weeks.

broncosteven
02-13-2011, 07:47 PM
been about 40 hours since Ive eaten or dranken anything. If I felt better I would rub one out to the thought of a swallow of Apple or Orange juice.

I hope that even if you had to do this, you can do the arthroscopic route. had my family thinking i was dead yesterday after what was spose to be a 1 hour ordeal took 3 hours. hate putting em through that. the bladder was i think too swollen and black and jacked up for em to just pluck out with the chopsticks. so they opened me up.

Pretty weird that 1 minute Im sitting there joking around with my preacher and wife and anasthesiologist and the next minute I wake up to a couple nurses joking that I owe em big time for saving my life and then being wheeled to my family where everyone acts as though I came back from the dead.

Thats my frickin family though. Can't do anything the easy way.

Major surgery is freaking scary, anyone who isn't scared about having something removed from inside them is either not well informed or ignorant.

The dude who was responsible for my breathing tube nicked/paralazied(sp?) my vocal chord and my voice was shot for 6 months. Just think if the Surgeon "nicked" an artery or my spinal cord...or something.

BTW you posting on your smartphone from the bed?

ghwk
02-13-2011, 08:57 PM

Yeah they suck!

And to make matters worse no one really knows how many rads you are getting pummeled with by those things so if you glow in the dark tonight peeing on your own is the least of your worries.

strafen
02-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Godspeed

spdirty
02-14-2011, 01:45 AM
Major surgery is freaking scary, anyone who isn't scared about having something removed from inside them is either not well informed or ignorant.

The dude who was responsible for my breathing tube nicked/paralazied(sp?) my vocal chord and my voice was shot for 6 months. Just think if the Surgeon "nicked" an artery or my spinal cord...or something.

BTW you posting on your smartphone from the bed?

Thanks. Had an emotionally bad day yesterday. Walked 4 times with my dad down the hallway going a lil further each time. I know he meant well when he said it, but said "I already ran my 7 miles today." Had me in tears and I couldnt figure out why. Was a good day productively though as I think my Organs are starting to wake up. Had some ice chips and today I might be able to go to water tomorrow. Chest still feels caved in.

Think yesterday they took a tube out of one of my nostrils that had to have gone all the way to my stomach. Freaks me out the kind if **** they can do ti the body.

spdirty
02-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Godspeed

thank you sir. you too.

kappys
02-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Best of luck to you - gangrenous gallbladder converted to an open procedure is never an easy recovery. Hope the MRI went well and praying for you that there is no duct injury or leak. If not hopefully you can begin the process of truly getting better.

Gort
02-14-2011, 11:17 AM
YES. It is very depressing. But what I really hate is the feeling of overall helplessness. Can't really even sit up without help. Can't stand. Can't do ****. And the knowledge that had I went to the doc when the symptoms first started recovery time would be a few days, rather than 6 weeks.

maybe. but on the bright side, even in your current condition, you're still more mobile than Kyle Orton.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/Randi405/bazinga.gif

crawdad
02-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Wishing you the best for your recovery!

ghwk
02-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah in all seriousness I hope you have turned the corner and every day is better than the last.

spdirty
02-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks. Today was good and not so good. Don't know what you call it, but hospital fatigue is really setting in with me. Getting damn sick and tired of the blood temp. checking and getting poked.

So my tasks for the day were to "walk" around the floor at least 4 times using a wheelchair as leverage and a person holding the IV pole follow behind. It was cool when my sis got here and pushing my neice around here. They came here and visited me for the day.

Pulled the bandage off where they did the incision. Did staples. Looks like they did 3 sides to a square going from the center of my chest to nipple area down to belly button area all the way past the belly button. Huge ****ing incision all because I probably waited too ****ing late to go to the doc. I'll post some pics when I get out of here, but looking at that I kind of feel like a "Saw" survivor.

Also, my goofy ass friend who will never ever ever pass on an opportunity to screw with me came and visited today. Jerk must have known that it really hurts to laugh right now so he decided to get me an "I love you" balloon, a box of chocolates that I can't eat, and a card that says "You have a secret admirer!! Check yes or no if you want to be my Valentine!"

Man what a prick. Havent laughed/hurt so much since I got here after I got his "Valentines gifts."

Anyway, I'm tired of the place and am looking to get out of here. Hope like hell its Thursday but who knows.

Thanks to everyone again for the prayers and thoughts.

broncocalijohn
02-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Pulled the bandage off where they did the incision. Did staples. Looks like they did 3 sides to a square going from the center of my chest to nipple area down to belly button area all the way past the belly button.

:worthless

ghwk
02-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Nothing will make you feel better than being home.

spdirty
02-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Nothing will make you feel better than being home.

Gonna be a great feeling. Thanks. Want to keep doing a lil more than they ask of me so while I probably won't overdue it it will also get me home faster.

Never been hospitalized as a patient before so all this crap is new to me. And I don't like it.

AZorange1
02-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Checking back with you to see how your doin'. I'm the guy that had the pacemaker installed last week. I never said anything then, but three years ago I had a massive heart attack and was basically dead. Last thing I saw was the face of a para-medic and that was it. Came two a week later in the hospital after a quad bi-pass and the doc told my family I had about 20% chance. I had more tubes and hoses sticking out of me than porcupine. Today when you meet me, you would not have a clue that anything has ever happened to me. I appear totally normal even though I only have a 28% ejection fraction (28% usage of my heart). I go out and do tons of things including all the construction I used to do before except now it's for fun and to help. I am on disability and even though I do all those things, I get winded very fast and need to really watch myself to not over do it. A year after my bi-pass, I was living in Montrose, Co. and got hit again and became "famous" as the guy that drove his truck through Wal-Mart (in Montrose) and took out the jewelery department. I do not watch TV shows about hospitals anymore, and turn the channel whenever starts talking about heart attacks and such. I am glad to be here, feel great now, no problems anymore (knock on wood) BECAUSE of hospitals and doctors and nurses. (My daughter is an RN at Montrose Memorial) Take care of yourself, put up with the crap as best as you can, and by the sounds of it, you will have many, many more years to come. I had to leave my beautiful Colorado and move here to Phoenix because of the altitude. Take care-----sorry for rattling on so much but figured you might need so new reading.

broncosteven
02-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Gonna be a great feeling. Thanks. Want to keep doing a lil more than they ask of me so while I probably won't overdue it it will also get me home faster.

Never been hospitalized as a patient before so all this crap is new to me. And I don't like it.

Your in the hosptial for people to observe you and work on you, not for rest. listen to what they tell you and do what they say and you will be home in no time catching up on all that rest you didn't get while in the Hospital.

You had a major procedure (no pic's please I will pass out) and it will take you some time to recover.

If you get too bored you can see if the candy stripers have a copy of "Failures not an Option"!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

broncocalijohn
02-15-2011, 08:38 PM
AZOrange1,

Is this you?
http://www.montrosepress.com/articles/2008/01/06/news/doc478062650f029751549977.txt

AZorange1
02-15-2011, 10:06 PM
AZOrange1,

Is this you?
http://www.montrosepress.com/articles/2008/01/06/news/doc478062650f029751549977.txt

That's me!---------Thanks, I never saw the article, appreciate it.

spdirty
02-16-2011, 12:57 AM
Checking back with you to see how your doin'. I'm the guy that had the pacemaker installed last week. I never said anything then, but three years ago I had a massive heart attack and was basically dead. Last thing I saw was the face of a para-medic and that was it. Came two a week later in the hospital after a quad bi-pass and the doc told my family I had about 20% chance. I had more tubes and hoses sticking out of me than porcupine. Today when you meet me, you would not have a clue that anything has ever happened to me. I appear totally normal even though I only have a 28% ejection fraction (28% usage of my heart). I go out and do tons of things including all the construction I used to do before except now it's for fun and to help. I am on disability and even though I do all those things, I get winded very fast and need to really watch myself to not over do it. A year after my bi-pass, I was living in Montrose, Co. and got hit again and became "famous" as the guy that drove his truck through Wal-Mart (in Montrose) and took out the jewelery department. I do not watch TV shows about hospitals anymore, and turn the channel whenever starts talking about heart attacks and such. I am glad to be here, feel great now, no problems anymore (knock on wood) BECAUSE of hospitals and doctors and nurses. (My daughter is an RN at Montrose Memorial) Take care of yourself, put up with the crap as best as you can, and by the sounds of it, you will have many, many more years to come. I had to leave my beautiful Colorado and move here to Phoenix because of the altitude. Take care-----sorry for rattling on so much but figured you might need so new reading.

good read. wish you all the best.

spdirty
02-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Your in the hosptial for people to observe you and work on you, not for rest. listen to what they tell you and do what they say and you will be home in no time catching up on all that rest you didn't get while in the Hospital.

Yeah. i understand all that, just want to be home. Doc said its looking like Thursday. :)

You had a major procedure (no pic's please I will pass out) and it will take you some time to recover.

Thats what my favorite nurse and old man have told me several times. I just dont want to hear that. Don't want to think that. Don't want to think that major **** like that happens to a guy like me. Makes me aware of my mortality and its scary and it pisses me off. Have a 5 year old and an 8 year old. Should be at least another 20 before I spend a night at a hospital. But life isnt fair. Its a real bitch sometimes.

Like before I went into surgery the surgeon said 19/20 shot its gonna be done arthroscopically, 5% shot they open me up. 5%, man, I'd bet anything it would be arthroscopic. ****. But the comforting thing is, I know it isnt the surgeons fault, isnt anyones fault but my own. My own ****ing mistake for waiting too long to get in there, trying to be a 'tough guy.'

If you get too bored you can see if the candy stripers have a copy of "Failures not an Option"!

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thank you.

crawdad
02-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Checking back with you to see how your doin'. I'm the guy that had the pacemaker installed last week. I never said anything then, but three years ago I had a massive heart attack and was basically dead. ....... I had to leave my beautiful Colorado and move here to Phoenix because of the altitude. Take care-----sorry for rattling on so much but figured you might need so new reading.

Wow, it sounds as though you have really been through hell and back. Great read and best of luck to you!

AZorange1
02-16-2011, 03:33 PM
good read. wish you all the best.

Thanks, I appreciate it, I hope you are on your way home Thursday Bud. Take care

AZorange1
02-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Wow, it sounds as though you have really been through hell and back. Great read and best of luck to you!

Thank you also my friend-I think what has helped a ton is that I have a 14 year old son that I would like to see through to being a man. We lost his mom 4 years ago and he's the greatest kid in the world not to mention an outstanding fly-fisherman.

gunns
02-16-2011, 04:47 PM
You'll feel amazingly better when you get home. Hope it's soon.

bronclvr
02-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Hoping you will feel better soon-Surgery sucks, but the other option is worse. Sounds like you have a good friend though-I laughed at your Valentine-

big56fan#1
02-17-2011, 07:02 PM
I had an attack sunday night, monday they put me in the hospital and ran tests. Today the removed my gall bladder, and sent me home same day they did it by scope. told me to go back to regular diet and everything.also put me on some good meds too. so i understand how much it sucks to have it out and stuck in the hospital.

broncocalijohn
02-17-2011, 07:05 PM
I had an attack sunday night, monday they put me in the hospital and ran tests. Today the removed my gall bladder, and sent me home same day they did it by scope. told me to go back to regular diet and everything.also put me on some good meds too. so i understand how much it sucks to have it out and stuck in the hospital.

Oh, right now SPdirty is saying some curse words under his breath while reading this post. His reminder of why you cant be your own doctor.

big56fan#1
02-17-2011, 07:14 PM
I let the pain and other symptoms go for 2yrs, telling my self it was other things, one test showed mine was at 27% where normal was at 35%-75% so if i had let it go some more i'd be same as the SPdirty.

spdirty
02-17-2011, 09:36 PM

mother ****er. Congrats. You were one of the 95% that didn't get ****ed over during this situation. Seriously, I'm happy for you, no one should have to be opened up. It sucks. I had some kind of bull**** deal done today, they explained it to me at least 20 times but never in English. Gusss my bile drain is filling up too much, or something, so they put me under at 1 pm, ran a camera down my throat, down to my oh so fun parts, and put a splint in there. Made the surgeon promise to let me out tomorow morning. Pinky swear.

Now if you just read that, and are trying to figure out what they just did, don't. Because I don't.

spdirty
02-17-2011, 09:40 PM
I let the pain and other symptoms go for 2yrs, telling my self it was other things, one test showed mine was at 27% where normal was at 35%-75% so if i had let it go some more i'd be same as the SPdirty.

See whats weird is I had absolutely no pain. No pain at all till a few weeks ago. I just know that had I gone in (which, really nobody ever does) when the pain and symptom started, everything would be cool. But then had I waited, that baby couldve burst and possibly fatal.

Tired of it. Just want to get home tomorrow.

spdirty
02-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Being back home is great. Funny this morning, about 7:30 the surgeon basically gave me a debrief as to what I need to do, yada yada, then said 1 more doc had to approve before I could leave.

Of course the last doc, who always shows up no later than 8:30 didnt show at all, I'm pacing, nurses avoiding me like the plague, then my old man walks in, says "Lets go!" Oh man the look on those nurses faces when they saw me in sweatpants, jacket, tennis shoes on and my old man holding my pack full of stuff was priceless. Started scrambling around and that doc's approval all of a sudden came pretty freaking fast.

Said that had we taken off without properly being checked out Id never be admitted into that hospital again. I said "You think I want to?"

Feels real nice being home though.

AZorange1
02-18-2011, 07:15 PM
OUTSTANDING!! You made it!! Right on. Now take it easy this weekend and just kick.

big56fan#1
02-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Congrats on being at home:yayaya:

ghwk
02-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Go treat yourself to a big Mac! :thumbsup: