PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Egypt, this ones for you

cutthemdown
02-11-2011, 02:43 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Hfhk2WxfV2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Yah, now comes the Islamic extremists and war with Israel, let's celebrate!!!

not

cutthemdown
02-11-2011, 02:48 PM
those people dont look like they would stand for an Iranian style govt. I'm not super worried.

Hogan11
02-11-2011, 02:50 PM
those people dont look like they would stand for an Iranian style govt. I'm not super worried.

Neither is the commodity market as the price of a barrel of oil is down by close to a buck and a half.

Hopefully, that'll start reflecting at the pump shortly

Smiling Assassin27
02-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Power vacuums have a way of being filled by power mad people. Whomever owns the military owns the country. The worst thing we could do is take a cavalier or nonchalant approach to what Egypt becomes because you don't need an Iranian style state to be real trouble for the US, you just need a regime that wants Israel annihilated and that considers the US a blowhard outsider. Thanks to this Administration, the latter has already become reality.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2011, 02:54 PM
I guess we can all thank George W. Bush for this latest trend towards Democracy in the ME. It started in Iraq.

I'd love it, LOVE IT, if Bush's gamble pays off. I'm not a Bush supporter by any means, nor did I agree with the invasion of Iraq, but you gotta believe that what is happening in Egypt is because the people of Egypt see what is happening in Iraq.

Now, will a true Democracy happen? I kinda doubt it, I think the extremists will strong arm the country into submission. That being said, who knows, perhaps Democracy really will take hold in the ME.

tsiguy96
02-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Power vacuums have a way of being filled by power mad people. Whomever owns the military owns the country. The worst thing we could do is take a cavalier or nonchalant approach to what Egypt becomes because you don't need an Iranian style state to be real trouble for the US, you just need a regime that wants Israel annihilated and that considers the US a blowhard outsider. Thanks to this Administration, the latter has already become reality.

lemme guess, your a GWB fan....

http://mist.xvand.com/humor/weapons.html

chadta
02-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Neither is the commodity market as the price of a barrel of oil is down by close to a buck and a half.

Hopefully, that'll start reflecting at the pump shortly

not likely, as the price for gas is actually up again, despite record supplies of both oil and gas in north america.

http://www.bloomberg.com/energy/

cutthemdown
02-11-2011, 02:57 PM
The military supports peace with Israel and are firmly against the Muslim Brotherhood. I'm not worried. I think this is going to be something America can say is a good thing eventually. Now we just need to get the people of Syria and Iran to do the same thing. Save the Saudis for last hopefully because that country has some serious cash.

Smiling Assassin27
02-11-2011, 02:58 PM
lemme guess, your a GWB fan....

Bush has nothing to do with this, so guess again. Just a realist, dude. The President, in his speech, said something like 'Nothing less than genuine democracy will carry the day.' If he actually believes this, he's a fool.

The egypt-israel accord is in serious jeopardy and nations like syria are already having their official tv news say as much. when iran develops the same meme and our weak administration lays down, things could get REALLY scary.

bombay
02-11-2011, 03:00 PM
The military presents a best-case scenario for democratic steps to a better government for Egypt, because it gives them a chance to emulate the Turkish model.

I do not worry about Egypt becoming "another Iran". The differences (from geographic location to population to international trade dependence) are simply too great for a new regime that slaps away the hands of the West.

Hogan11
02-11-2011, 03:01 PM
not likely, as the price for gas is actually up again, despite record supplies of both oil and gas in north america.

http://www.bloomberg.com/energy/

Give it the weekend....the futures will drop as well if Egypt chills out after this

ColoradoDarin
02-11-2011, 03:02 PM
I hope they don't get a democracy, mob rule can be fickle. I'd rather they institute a republic with the rule of law and property rights. I'm probably 60% hopeful and 40% fearful of the outcome.

ZachKC
Eh, we will see what happens. Not really that interested in US once again being all up in some other areas **** when we aren't good at it and we have enough issues here.

Democracy tends to open the doors to a more moderate type of ruling party. But it will be interesting to see for sure.

srphoenix
and welcome the muslim brotherhood in Egypt, now all they want to take out is Israel and Saudi Arabia and they'll be happy campers... until they realize that we're also so called infidels and start attacking American citizens.... Also, why a revolution after 30 years of this guy? If they are so committed to democracy, freedom, and inalienable rights then why did this revolution not happen many years ago? Which group started the protests anyways?

This won't end well I promise you.

Smiling Assassin27
The military supports peace with Israel and are firmly against the Muslim Brotherhood. I'm not worried. I think this is going to be something America can say is a good thing eventually. Now we just need to get the people of Syria and Iran to do the same thing. Save the Saudis for last hopefully because that country has some serious cash.

I've yet to see one official statement from the military or the defense secretary who now runs the country about this, so why are you assuming it? The military is horribly paid, much like they were in Iran before the radical regime bought their allegiance. Why could this not happen here?

ZachKC
02-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Egypt won't be doing **** to Israel. They aren't good at it. ROFL! Seriously.

Hogan11
02-11-2011, 03:03 PM

Any political disruption in Saudi Arabia will effectively screw the world...the Egypt thing happening there would be a disaster of epic proportions.

OrangenBlueOhio
02-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Bush has nothing to do with this, so guess again. Just a realist, dude. The President, in his speech, said something like 'Nothing less than genuine democracy will carry the day.' If he actually believes this, he's a fool.

The egypt-israel accord is in serious jeopardy and nations like syria are already having their official tv news say as much. when iran develops the same meme and our weak administration lays down, things could get REALLY scary.

Or we could invade Egypt in search of weapons of mass destruction and piss off more of the world.

ZachKC
02-11-2011, 03:05 PM
I've yet to see one official statement from the military or the defense secretary who now runs the country about this, so why are you assuming it? The military is horribly paid, much like they were in Iran before the radical regime bought their allegiance. Why could this not happen here?

Because the United States fringe idiots that are heard the loudest on the internet and talk radio actually account for very few of the decisions made in this country. People who go to work and live their lives are the ones who make **** go in the US.

Not paranoid idiots from the extremes who yack about a revolution in this country.

Hogan11
02-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Or we could invade Egypt in search of weapons of mass destruction and piss off more of the world.

Is that possible? ???

Smiling Assassin27
02-11-2011, 03:06 PM

Here's the thing. They don't need to 'do ****' to Israel, other than revoke their camp david accord and isolate israel among the other nations wishing to destroy it. Iran and the other wolves will take care of the rest.

ZachKC
and welcome the muslim brotherhood in Egypt, now all they want to take out is Israel and Saudi Arabia and they'll be happy campers... until they realize that we're also so called infidels and start attacking American citizens.... Also, why a revolution after 30 years of this guy? If they are so committed to democracy, freedom, and inalienable rights then why did this revolution not happen many years ago? Which group started the protests anyways?

Social media.

Smiling Assassin27
Is that possible? ???

Hey, if at first you don't suceed, try, try again... :wiggle:

Inkana7

Welp this is dumb. What, only a US-supported overthrow of an authoritarian regime can succeed?

ZachKC
Here's the thing. They don't need to 'do ****' to Israel, other than revoke their camp david accord and isolate israel among the other nations wishing to destroy it. Iran and the other wolves will take care of the rest.

Israilies are big kids. Whatever.

Inkana7
02-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Israel has shown that they can handle being attacked on all sides in the past, including when their nation was only hours old. Plus how is Iran going to get to Israel without 1) Going through Iraq and 2) Provoking war with the US?

Mile High Shack
some people watch Fox News way too much and listen to Glen Beck way too much as well

Tombstone RJ
The next 6 months are vital for the entire ME region. If the power vacuum in Egypt is taken over by Islamic extremist hell bent on war with Israel and state supported terrorism, then things in the ME could get ugly fast...

Smiling Assassin27
02-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Israilies are big kids. Whatever.

No doubt. Israel can kick some tail but we've always been there to keep them leashed. Our waning influence in the region just might convince them that they're now on their own which makes things like 'pre-emptive strikes' a whole lot more likely.

Whatever. We're talking about step 642 out of 1000 and we're only on step 2 today. As some obscure scottish poet once said, 'Getcha popcorn ready'.

ZachKC
02-11-2011, 03:12 PM
No doubt. Israel can kick some tail but we've always been there to keep them leashed. Our waning influence in the region just might convince them that they're now on their own which makes things like 'pre-emptive strikes' a whole lot more likely.

Whatever. We're talking about step 642 out of 1000 and we're only on step 2 today. As some obscure scottish poet once said, 'Getcha popcorn ready'.

I am honestly just tired of us ****ing with it. Even with the good intentions we have, I don't think sticking our dicks deeper into that hornets nest is in our best interests.

Smiling Assassin27
02-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Israel has shown that they can handle being attacked on all sides in the past, including when their nation was only hours old. Plus how is Iran going to get to Israel without 1) Going through Iraq and 2) Provoking war with the US?

Not sure if you've noticed but we've essentially thrown Israel under the bus in the last two years. I'm not sure the assumption that war with Israel is war with us is a true one anymore. Not to mention that Iran isn't the only player in the region that wants Israel gone.

Kid A
02-11-2011, 03:13 PM

You realize polls show the Muslim Brotherhood has only around 15% support from Egyptians?

Why a revolution after 30 yrs? Well, why not? You don't revolt after two years. There has to be a build up leading to an eventual tipping point. As Zach pointed out, social media was part of that, making rally organization easy and hard for the gov to suppress info about. Some media figures who had faced oppression from the regime started to speak out getting people riled up.

Seriously, as tenuous as any country will be during a time of revolution and as cautious as we should be in our optimism, there is little reason to believe in a Muslim Brotherhood cabal controlling this whole thing. This came out of the Egyptian people as a whole.

WolfpackGuy
02-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Enter the Muslim Brotherhood...

Smiling Assassin27
I am honestly just tired of us ****ing with it. Even with the good intentions we have, I don't think sticking our ***** deeper into that hornets nest is in our best interests.

On that we can agree. As long as we're ready for the consequence of our inaction.

Inkana7
I don't think this is step anything towards some sort of powder keg event in the Middle East. The Egyptian military seemed to actually be on the side of the protesters and there will be tremendous international pressure for them to transition to a democracy. If the people of Egypt legitimately choose something like the Muslim Brotherhood, so be it. That's their choice and I don't think its in our interests to prop up a dictator that the Egyptian people do not want just because. However, Egypt seems to be fairly moderate so I feel that if they do get a chance to vote in fair elections, we'll see the power void filled by someone along the lines of ElBaradei.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Obama is really gonna be tested on his foreign policy abilities now. How he deals with Egypt is extremely vital to the path Egypt will take into the future...

Inkana7
02-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Not sure if you've noticed but we've essentially thrown Israel under the bus in the last two years. I'm not sure the assumption that war with Israel is war with us is a true one anymore. Not to mention that Iran isn't the only player in the region that wants Israel gone.

US support of Israel will never fully dissipate. They're our biggest strategic ally in a region of high strategic interest. A war to wipe them off the map would NOT go without some sort of US response.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2011, 03:19 PM
I don't think this is step anything towards some sort of powder keg event in the Middle East. The Egyptian military seemed to actually be on the side of the protesters and there will be tremendous international pressure for them to transition to a democracy. If the people of Egypt legitimately choose something like the Muslim Brotherhood, so be it. That's their choice and I don't think its in our interests to prop up a dictator that the Egyptian people do not want just because. However, Egypt seems to be fairly moderate so I feel that if they do get a chance to vote in fair elections, we'll see the power void filled by someone along the lines of ElBaradei.

The problem with moderates is they get assisinated by extremists and then they ultimately go into submission. Egypt's military will be forced to comply with whoever gains political control, and that could very well be Islamic extremists, wolves dressed in sheeps clothing.

Garcia Bronco
Yah, now comes the Islamic extremists and war with Israel, let's celebrate!!!

not

Israel would just kick their ass again.

ZachKC
Maybe some day Iran will do more than saber rattling...but I seriously doubt it.

Inkana7
02-11-2011, 03:20 PM
The problem with moderates is they get assisinated by extremists and then they ultimately go into submission. Egypt's military will be forced to comply with whoever gains political control, and that could very well be Islamic extremists, wolves dressed in sheeps clothing.

There's very little evidence to suggest that, besides "Egyptian is an Arab country" but we'll see, I guess.

cutthemdown
02-11-2011, 03:21 PM

I'm going mostly on the fact that is what I have heard. That the Egyptian military is not beholden to the Muslim Brotherhood. Anything possible though.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2011, 03:23 PM
There's very little evidence to suggest that, besides "Egyptian is an Arab country" but we'll see, I guess.

Ever hear of a guy by the name of Anwar Sadat? Just saying that the power vacuum created by the assinated Sadat (killed by Islamic radicals) was filled with Mubarak, a bully from the military.

Perhaps the extremist take over this time. Perhaps that is exactly what will happen...

rugbythug
02-11-2011, 03:30 PM
some people watch Fox News way too much and listen to Glen Beck way too much as well

What is this even a reference to?

Drunk Monkey
02-11-2011, 03:34 PM
US support of Israel will never fully dissipate. They're our biggest strategic ally in a region of high strategic interest. A war to wipe them off the map would NOT go without some sort of US response.

I agree, not to mention that there is a huge Jewish presence in the US government. If they were attacked by a coalition of ME states we would be all up in that mofo.

Drunk Monkey
02-11-2011, 03:36 PM

Common sense, Beck is a huge douche

strafen
02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
'israel?
Why should we defend Israel?

We're the biggest nation of christians, and we're going to defend the people that killed Jesus!

Only in America! LOL

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2011, 03:39 PM
'israel?

We're the biggest nation of christians, and we're going to defend the people that killed Jesus!

Only in America! LOL

dragster, dragging down another thread. Thanks for nothing, loser.

Mile High Shack
02-11-2011, 03:46 PM

seriously? a lot of people are spouting almost word for word what Beck has told them

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PH7GPPpsw6g?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PH7GPPpsw6g?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

DomCasual
02-11-2011, 03:48 PM
It's crazy to me that the same people who (rightfully, IMO) tout what we did for democracy in Iraq can condemn this as being somehow terrible for the world.

strafen
02-11-2011, 03:50 PM

well, you've started the dragging down a thread with a personal attack, so let's get started and do it right.

Do you love McDaniels?
Are you an Orton lover?
Do you think Moreno will rush for 1000 yards.

Ok. Now your turn to finish up ****ing up a good thread.
Who is the loser now, you ****ing moron?

PS: I'm pretty sure others will join the party.
Sit down and relax. You did it! :strong:

bombay
02-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Egypt's military is very professional and independent. It is also the group with whom the United States has the most contact and influence. These guys won't be setting up any junta. If anything, the military is the primary reason why this has been a bloodless revolution so far, and will probably stay that way

ColoradoDarin
02-11-2011, 04:01 PM

strafen/dragster enjoys projecting his/her bigotry onto others

ZachKC
02-11-2011, 04:05 PM
It is a wait and see situation but it isn't a bad one. I mean you aren't gonna go from his departure to newly electing a government in a day. Someone has to be in control. The military is in the perfect position to oversee that transition.

Inkana7
02-11-2011, 04:17 PM
'israel?

Only in America! LOL

The ****?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Im not sure how military rule leads to democracy, but lets hope it happens

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2011, 04:24 PM
'israel?

Only in America! LOL

You do realize many christians believe all jews must go to israel to die before the rapture, right? haha

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2011, 04:25 PM
It is a wait and see situation but it isn't a bad one. I mean you aren't gonna go from his departure to newly electing a government in a day. Someone has to be in control. The military is in the perfect position to oversee that transition.

but the military really hasnt made any concrete promises. it'll be interesting to see what happens

bronco militia
02-11-2011, 04:30 PM
'israel?

Only in America! LOL

http://images.salon.com/life/feature/2010/11/20/this_week_crazy_mel_gibson/md_horiz.jpg

Archer81
02-11-2011, 04:45 PM
'israel?

Only in America! LOL

The Romans killed Jesus.

Facts wont kill you, gutless homophobic POS.

:Broncos:

strafen
02-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Haha!!!
This thread has officially been dragged down!
Congrats tombstone. You did it!
Awesome work, and just like I predicted it, the usual suspects rear their ugly heads in drama type threads. Ha! Ha!
What was this thread about again? ROFL!

Thank you for making my day.
nothing like riling up the idiots of this boards. The drama lovers... :welcome:

strafen
02-11-2011, 04:51 PM
The Romans killed Jesus.

Facts wont kill you, gutless homophobic POS.

:Broncos:I may be homophobic, but I'm not gutless Ha!

rugbythug
02-11-2011, 04:52 PM
You do realize many christians believe all jews must go to israel to die before the rapture, right? haha

http://www.wayodd.com/noindex2/funny-pictures-head-up-your-ass-Afq.jpg

bombay
02-11-2011, 05:01 PM
CAIRO – It was the people who forced President ]]Mubarak] (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110211/ap_on_an/ml_egypt_the_coup_analysis#) from power, but it is the generals who are in charge now. Egypt's 18-day uprising produced a military coup that crept into being over many days — its seeds planted early in the crisis by Mubarak himself.
The telltale signs of a coup in the making began to surface soon after Mubarak ordered the army out on the streets to restore order after days of deadly clashes between protesters and security forces in Cairo and much of the rest of the Arab nation.
"This is in fact the military taking over power," said political analyst Diaa Rashwan after Mubarak stepped down and left the reins of power to the armed forces. "It is direct involvement by the military in authority and to make Mubarak look like he has given up power."
Army troops backed by tanks and armored fighting vehicles were given a hero's welcome by the protesters angry over brutal treatment by the police. The goodwill was reciprocated when the military vowed not to use force against protesters, a move that set them apart from the much-hated police who operated with near impunity under Mubarak.
The generals adopted a go-slow approach, offering Egyptians carefully weighed hints that it was calling the shots. They issued statements describing the ]protesters' ]demands (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110211/ap_on_an/ml_egypt_the_coup_analysis#) as "legitimate" and made halfhearted calls on the demonstrators to go home and allow normal life to resume.
Rather than quit the protests, the demonstrators turned out in ever greater numbers. Mubarak offered one concession after another, but they all fell short of the protesters' demands that he immediately leave.
The military was clearly torn between its loyalty to the regime and the millions of protesters. Mubarak is one of their own, a former air force commander and a hero of the 1973 Arab-Israeli war.
But as the president continued to defy the growing crowds and cling to power, the Egyptian army moved more definitively toward seizing control for the first time in some 60 years.
Thursday brought the surprise announcement that the armed forces' highest executive body, the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces, was in "permanent session" — meaning that it was on a State TV showed Defense Minister Hussein Tantawi presiding over a table seating some two dozen stern faced generals in combat fatigues — but no sign of commander in chief Mubarak. His newly appointed vice president, ]former army general (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110211/ap_on_an/ml_egypt_the_coup_analysis#) and intelligence chief Omar Suleiman, was not there either — indicating a rift between the civilian and military leadership.
A statement, tellingly referred to as "communique number 1" — phrasing that in the Arab world suggests a coup — made no mention of Mubarak or Suleiman.
The council, it said, met to "discuss what measures and arrangements could be taken to safeguard the homeland and its achievements and the aspirations of the great Egyptian people."
Translation: The generals are in charge, not Mubarak, not Suleiman nor the Cabinet.
The communique set the stage for what the crowds of demonstrators expected would be Mubarak's resignation Thursday night. Instead, Mubarak announced he would stay in office and hand over power to Suleiman, who told protesters to go home and stop watching foreign news reports.
The protesters were furious — and so were the generals.
"Both of last night's addresses by Mubarak and Suleiman were in defiance of the armed forces," Maj. Gen. Safwat el-Zayat, a former senior official of Egypt's General Intelligence, told al-Ahram Online, the Internet edition of Egypt's leading daily, on Friday.
Protest leaders pleaded for the military to take over after Mubarak's speech (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110211/ap_on_an/ml_egypt_the_coup_analysis#). saying the country would explode until the army intervened.
If Mubarak had stepped down, handing Suleiman his presidential powers in line with the constitution would have kept his regime largely intact after he had gone, something that would have left the protesters unhappy.
In contrast, a military coup would provide a clean break with a regime they hated for so long, opening up a wide range of possibilities — suspending the constitution that many protesters saw as tailored to keep Mubarak in office and dissolving a parliament formed by an election marred by widespread fraud. A coup seemed to be the best way forward.
The first official word the protesters received from the generals on Friday, however, was discouraging.
A second military communique contained what appeared to be a reluctant endorsement of Mubarak's blueprint for a way out of the crisis, though it also projected the military as the ultimate guarantor of the country's highest interests. El-Zayat said the language in the statement was an attempt to avoid an open conflict.
Later Friday, with millions out on the streets demanding that he step down, Mubarak finally did just that. He may have been denied the chance to announce his own departure — say goodbye to the people he had ruled for nearly 30 years. Suleiman announced the decision for him.
Alternatively, he may have not wanted to go on television to say he was stepping down after less than 24 hours after insisting to serve out the remaining seven months of his current term.
It was a humiliating end.
Keeping up appearances, The military later issued a third military statement praising Mubarak as a leader who has done much to his country. It hinted that the military would not be in power for long, saying the armed forces were not a substitute for a legitimate administration. But it gave no clue as to what its plans are.
"The truth is that even the senior military now at the top of the power structure under Mubarak almost certainly have no clear idea of what happens next," Anthony [Cordesman (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110211/ap_on_an/ml_egypt_the_coup_analysis#) of the Washington-based Center for Strategic and International Studies, wrote in a commentary on Thursday. "It will be days before anyone know how well the transition will function, who goes and who stays, and how stable the result really is." <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Archer81
02-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Haha!!!
This thread has officially been dragged down!
Congrats tombstone. You did it!
Awesome work, and just like I predicted it, some were soon to join and usually the suspect ones that only rear their ugly heads in drama typw threads. Ha! Ha!
What was this thread about again? ROFL!

Thank you for making my day.
nothing like riling up the idiots of this boards. The drama lovers... :welcome:

http://tinyurl.com/68ml3c

Lets review.

You made racist, sexist and homophobic remarks on a daily basis under your old moniker of "dragster". You changed that screen name to avoid being automatically dismissed because you are in general a lousy human being. Slowly over time your natural douchiness rings through, and several people figured out who you were. You then proceed to pretend that somehow the people who argue and disagree with you the most are the drama queens. You are the Mane drama queen. Thats what you do.

BTW, changing screen names when you regularly get owned under the old one is what makes you gutless, giggles.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2011, 05:08 PM
http://www.wayodd.com/noindex2/funny-pictures-head-up-your-ass-Afq.jpg

You might wanna read up on this before you put a cute jpeg up

broncolife
02-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Maybe they will allow exploration under the sphinx now.

strafen
02-11-2011, 05:24 PM

Lets review.

You made racist, sexist and homophobic remarks on a daily basis under your old moniker of "dragster". You changed that screen name to avoid being automatically dismissed because you are in general a lousy human being. Slowly over time your natural douchiness rings through, and several people figured out who you were. You then proceed to pretend that somehow the people who argue and disagree with you the most are the drama queens. You are the Mane drama queen. Thats what you do.

BTW, changing screen names when you regularly get owned under the old one is what makes you gutless, giggles.

:Broncos:Are you a psychology major?
Most flaming gays that's what they do. They go to school to study psychology because they can't understand why is it that not everybody in the world is gay.
You seem to fit that profile.
You're also making assumptions as if you can read my mind or know for sure why I do the things that I do. You don't know me.

Before you go out to try to figure out other people's business, you need to figure out who you want to be, if you know what I mean.
You're clearly a confused individual that needs to figure out what side of the fence you want to live your life as.
You're clearly ****ed in the head, so don't come at me with your stupid crap about why you think I changed my handle, you pile of ****!

You are gay bud. Understand that I don't want to be arguing with gay people on the internet, ok? It's my right, it's my choice, so beat it!

Now, move your fat ass on, and bark at another tree.
Thank you!

gunns
02-11-2011, 05:37 PM
It's crazy to me that the same people who (rightfully, IMO) tout what we did for democracy in Iraq can condemn this as being somehow terrible for the world.

No doubt.

strafen
02-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Just to clarify...
I'm not the type of person that enjoys arguing with people.
I posted a reply and I expect to be challenged and debate the subject.
I don't want to post something a be immediately attacked and called names. See post # 49
That's a pet peeve of mine.
I try to be respectful, but it seems that the very same people I've been doing battle with on this board always seem to pop up on my radar for no other reason than just hate. So, when I respond to those idiots, I'm swift, nasty and to the point.
So this is it for me. If they want to argue some more, it will be without me...

Hotwheelz
02-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Are you a psychology major?
Most flaming gays that's what they do. They go to school to study psychology because they can't understand why is it that not everybody in the world is gay.
You seem to fit that profile.
You're also making assumptions as if you can read my mind or know for sure why I do the things that I do. You don't know me.

Before you go out to try to figure out other people's business, you need to figure out who you want to be, if you know what I mean.
You're clearly a confused individual that needs to figure out what side of the fence you want to live your life as.
You're clearly ****ed in the head, so don't come at me with your stupid crap about why you think I changed my handle, you pile of ****!

You are gay bud. Understand that I don't want to be arguing with gay people on the internet, ok? It's my right, it's my choice, so beat it!

Now, move your fat ass on, and bark at another tree.
Thank you!
Wow, dude. You're a huge dick.

If this isn't a bannable offense...

DivineBronco
02-11-2011, 06:01 PM

Lets review.

he no likey truth.....I expect a implosion very very soooooooon

Hogan11
02-11-2011, 06:07 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y7lOOQxEv9M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cutthemdown
02-11-2011, 06:20 PM

Well right now it's a military coup. People are just concerned and I think that is understandable. When they see elections that seem fair, that don't end up with some new dictator who starts up with israel, then yes it could be a good thing.

Then we can foment same thing in Syria and Iran.

Requiem
02-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Did someone seriously suggest Bush going into Iraq helped revolution trickle down Egypt? Child please, this was DECADES in the making.

Archer81
02-11-2011, 06:23 PM
1. Are you a psychology major?2. Most flaming gays that's what they do. They go to school to study psychology 3. because they can't understand why is it that not everybody in the world is gay.
4. You seem to fit that profile.
You're also making assumptions as if you can read my mind or know for sure why I do the things that I do. 5. You don't know me.

6. You're clearly a confused individual that needs to figure out what side of the fence you want to live your life as.
7. You're clearly ****ed in the head, so don't come at me with your stupid crap about why you think I changed my handle, you pile of ****!
You are gay bud. 8. Understand that I don't want to be arguing with gay people on the internet, ok? It's my right, it's my choice, so beat it!
8. Now, move your fat ass on, and bark at another tree.
Thank you!

1. No
2. I'm not a flamer.
3. No kidding.
4. Nope.
5. I have a feeling the people who do know you wish they didnt.
6. I'm perfectly clear on who I am, giggles. I am unapologetically me.
7. Project much?
8. So you prefer to argue with them in real life? You are the type of douche who says nothing to someone's face but will be the pussy who yells ****** from a crowd at a group of dudes you dont like. I dont need to be a psychologist to figure you out. You are a complete and utter bitch.

strafen
02-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Did someone seriously suggest Bush going into Iraq helped revolution trickle down Egypt? Child please, this was DECADES in the making.

No, really...

srphoenix
02-11-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm glad everyone's discussing the issues and whats happening in Egypt instead of resorting to personal attacks. Whatever happens, at least we can all agree that were hoping it is in the United States favor.

Pseudofool
02-11-2011, 06:36 PM
The notion that GWB deserves any credit here is abhorrently misguided. If anything, Egypt and Tunisia show that the Iraqi people would have toppled Sadam's regime themselves given the current political climate.

Archer81
02-11-2011, 06:51 PM
The notion that GWB deserves any credit here is abhorrently misguided. If anything, Egypt and Tunisia show that the Iraqi people would have toppled Sadam's regime themselves given the current political climate.

I doubt that. We will never know if Iraq being invaded had nothing to do with Tunisia or Egypt or Jordan or Yemen.

rugbythug
02-11-2011, 06:59 PM

UMM- So you are postulating that the Army would have stood silent in Iraq. Consider yourself alone in that.

Requiem
02-11-2011, 07:03 PM
I doubt that. We will never know if Iraq being invaded had nothing to do with Tunisia or Egypt or Jordan or Yemen.

Why would a war that was brought upon by a false premise, (WMD that were never found, even Bush admitted this in his memories) in a sovereign nation in a scenario completely unrelated show any parallels to what happened in Egypt and elsewhere?

The people in the countries above have been enduring years of political climate seen unjust and it finally erupted.

I'd love to hear any case for the parallel though. It ought to be baffling.

C130Herkload
02-11-2011, 07:06 PM
If they played the Black Eyed Peas superbowl halftime show on a bunch of widescreen Tvs in Tarir square, I think maybe it would have immediately cleared out and the sit in would have never happened.

Archer81
02-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Why would a war that was brought upon by a false premise, (WMD that were never found, even Bush admitted this in his memories) in a sovereign nation in a scenario completely unrelated show any parallels to what happened in Egypt and elsewhere?

The people in the countries above have been enduring years of political climate seen unjust and it finally erupted.

I'd love to hear any case for the parallel though. It ought to be baffling.

And we do not know if Iraq being invaded was the catalyst or not. To completely dismiss it as purely egyptian or tunisian driven would be a mistake, just like it would be a mistake to say the Iraq invasion alone was the cause of protests breaking out.

I believe it lies more or less in between.

Requiem
02-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Why would it have been a catalyst? That is what I am asking.

UberBroncoMan
02-11-2011, 07:20 PM

Iranians tried to stand up to it. Look what happened.

TonyR
02-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Not sure if you've noticed but we've essentially thrown Israel under the bus in the last two years.

LOL Seriously?

Archer81
02-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Why would it have been a catalyst? That is what I am asking.

The best way I can put it is that Iraq being an honest democracy and figuring things out for themselves is the best example other arab states have. A democratic Israel means nothing to them, but a democratic Iraq changes things. They see the US standing on the side lines and let things shake out the way they are going to. That would not have happened if the US does not invade in 2003.

Like I said, I dont know for sure if Iraq is the reason for Egypt and Tunisia or not. I believe it is. Things like this dont just suddenly happen. The best parallel I can think of is eastern Europe. Hungary in 1956 and Czechoslovakia in 1968 had popular uprisings crushed by local and Soviet militaries. Late 1980's the same thing happens and succeeds. What changed? US opposition to the USSR everywhere, not just passively and the Soviets would not and could not keep up. Iraq 2003 potentially showed the Arabs that we were serious.

Its my theory. Probably has holes, but this is what I think.

Vegas_Bronco
02-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I sure hope they don't find BFE. Got to be a desolate place.

cutthemdown
02-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Well they could always look at Turkey and say why cant we be like them. I think all us invading Iraq did was help iraq get democracy of some sort. Whatever it is you call it over there. We can still help Egypt. No way they could find a better friend in Iran/Syria/No Korea/Lybia/Russia then they will find with USA. We may be ****ed up in many ways but we will still sell you better weapons, give you access to better markets etc etc.

Durango
02-11-2011, 09:24 PM

Wow, and believe me, those bastions of free speech never lie. Never.

fdf
02-11-2011, 10:29 PM

You wouldn't think Iranians would either. They are by far the most sophisticated and cultured people in that part of the world. But the jackboot is, nevertheless, on their neck.

I wish the Egyptians the best and hope they manage to avoid the socialists and the Muslim Brotherhood, both of whom want to seize power. But I suspect their democratic experiment will be on the Venezuelan, Hitler, or Allende model--One man. One vote. One time.

The army is their best hope for keeping the monsters out of control for long enough for a true secular democracy to take hold.

Archer81
02-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Wow, and believe me, those bastions of free speech never lie. Never.

Oddly enough states like Syria have a tendency to tell the truth in how they feel about Israel. If the papers in Syria are saying it, then the Syrian government is relatively confident that will happen.

Obushma
02-11-2011, 10:36 PM
May God bless all of the people of Egypt.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ThvBJMzmSZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ZONA
02-11-2011, 11:05 PM

Yeah, and then there can be a movie for that also, call it blue zone - hahah

mhgaffney
02-12-2011, 12:35 AM

Let's hope the VP Suleiman (Mr CIA) does not become leader.

This is the bastard who helped the US stage the illegal renditions and torture. If I was an Egyptian I'd be angrier than ever.

The Egyptian people deserve better.

Arkie
02-12-2011, 01:00 AM
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots
-Thomas Jefferson

broncocalijohn
02-12-2011, 02:03 AM

While Israel are bad asses, Egypt gets many weapons and knowledge through our own military. While I can see why the people want a major change, the "way it was" had stability in global peace. Inside of Egypt, it was getting ready to explode. I hope for the best but will assume it wont go so smooth. I hope I am wrong.

TailgateNut
02-12-2011, 06:46 AM

In your twisted opinion it was this admin, not your hero's which has tainted our rep.

Hilarious!

What a ****ing dumbass.

fdf
02-12-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm going mostly on the fact that is what I have heard. That the Egyptian military is not beholden to the Muslim Brotherhood. Anything possible though.

The elephant in the room in this regard is the billions US gives to Egyptian military. Obama has a huge amount of leverage in this situation. He is going to have to resist the temptation to force the Egyptian military to deal the bad guys into the government with threats of aid cutoff. New democracies die quickly that way--a small, committed group with guns (and the Iranians will make sure the MB has as many as needed) usually overwhelms a new democracy. And MB ain't so small and has a good deal of popular support.

It will be very difficult for Obama to resist this. You already see indications of the internal thinking within his administration on the issue, with Clapper's incredible assessment this week that the Muslim Brotherhood is a secular organization. Valerie ("Mao's one of my favorite philosophers") Jarrett is the by far the most important policy-level influencer on Obama in the white house today. And, the administration's incredible steps in Honduras to enthrone a Chavezista in power in the face of the Honduran legislature and supreme court acting under their clear constitutional authority to remove the Chavezista are probably the best predictors of Obama's actions here.

Thus, ideological blindness will make it hard for the administration not to take this path. But down it lies Iran redux.

Rohirrim
02-12-2011, 09:35 AM
I believe that Obama is a Manchurian Candidate (planted on American soil decades ago by Islamic extremists) who infiltrated our political system and is now the anti-Christ Marxist, in charge of America, working in concert with the islamo-fascists to spread the Caliphate, which will take over the countries of Europe one by one, and finally, America itself - and Obama will be the Islamo-Marxist Sultan of a world Caliphate governed by Sharia law!

Only James Bond can save us.

TonyR
02-12-2011, 09:49 AM
The Obama administration ... deserves a great deal of credit, which it probably won't receive. It understood immediately and intuitively that it should not attempt to lead a protest movement which had mobilized itself without American guidance, and consistently deferred to the Egyptian people. Despite the avalanche of criticism from protestors and pundits, in fact Obama and his key aides -- including Ben Rhodes and Samantha Power and many others -- backed the Egyptian protest movement far more quickly than anyone should have expected.

Their steadily mounting pressure on the Mubarak regime took time to succeed, causing enormous heartburn along the way, but now can claim vindication. By working carefully and closely with the Egyptian military, it helped restrain the worst violence and prevent Tiananmen on the Tahrir -- which, it is easy to forget today, could very easily have happened. No bombs, no shock and awe, no soaring declarations of American exceptionalism, and no taking credit for a tidal wave which was entirely of the making of the Egyptian people -- just the steadily mounting public and private pressure on the top of the regime which was necessary for the protestors to succeed.

http://lynch.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/02/11/mubarak_leaves_at_last

Cito Pelon
02-12-2011, 10:56 AM
I guess we can all thank George W. Bush for this latest trend towards Democracy in the ME. It started in Iraq.

I'd love it, LOVE IT, if Bush's gamble pays off. I'm not a Bush supporter by any means, nor did I agree with the invasion of Iraq, but you gotta believe that what is happening in Egypt is because the people of Egypt see what is happening in Iraq.

Now, will a true Democracy happen? I kinda doubt it, I think the extremists will strong arm the country into submission. That being said, who knows, perhaps Democracy really will take hold in the ME.

I don't have a clue what will happen, but this is certainly a major development.

Egypt is a major player in ME dynamics, and now there is a military junta in charge. There's no telling how the dominoes will fall from here on out.

Rohirrim
02-12-2011, 11:10 AM
How long before the Egyptian people decide they don't want military rule either? And then, how does the military respond?

DomCasual
02-12-2011, 11:13 AM
I believe that Obama is a Manchurian Candidate (planted on American soil decades ago by Islamic extremists) who infiltrated our political system and is now the anti-Christ Marxist, in charge of America, working in concert with the islamo-fascists to spread the Caliphate, which will take over the countries of Europe one by one, and finally, America itself - and Obama will be the Islamo-Marxist Sultan of a world Caliphate governed by Sharia law!

Only James Bond can save us.

Well, duh! Welcome to reality! Tell us something we don't already know!

Cito Pelon
02-12-2011, 11:34 AM
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots
-Thomas Jefferson

In kind, the Hegelian Dialectic never ceases.