PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent gurus

DarkHorse
02-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Who are the wideouts that are going to be available this year in Free Agency?

Dedhed
02-10-2011, 08:36 PM
The Broncos shouldn't care.

schaaf
02-10-2011, 08:37 PM
could provide valuable time for Decker

phibacka31
02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Here's a list:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/wr.html

DarkHorse
02-10-2011, 08:40 PM
The Broncos shouldn't care.

I'd rather pick a flyer up than draft one. The need is there for us IMO.

Royal - coming off surgery
Willis - coming off surgery
DT - done for the year

Only available wr's that come to mind is Lloyd, Decker, Gaffney

I'd like to see another receiver added, preferably in FA.

DarkHorse
02-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Here's a list:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/wr.html

Thanks

Jacoby Jones would be interesting. Fairly young, decent production, should come cheap.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mHcAvBCycvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dt12tdr2ENc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0EUAMA1TbY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EixvqgqlLpQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

phibacka31
02-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks

Jacoby Jones would be interesting. Fairly young, decent production, should come cheap.

AGREED X10
I just don't know if the broncs are really looking that hard at WR

phibacka31
02-10-2011, 08:46 PM
I would also be interested in Malcom Flloyd

Ratboy
02-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Sidney Rice

schaaf
02-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Terrell Owens.....

bronco0608
02-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Draft A.J. Green!32!!!#@@!!!!!

extralife
02-11-2011, 01:24 AM
last year everyone said WR was the strength of our team.

how many catches did DT have last year?

not seeing the need

Doggcow
02-11-2011, 01:47 AM
How about a TE? I'll take Owen Daniels, Marcedes Lewis, or Zach Miller

cutthemdown
02-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Aj Green may be the best option now.

cutthemdown
02-11-2011, 03:45 AM

Word is Owen Daniels going to be resigned, Miller going to be franchised. Lewis haven't heard much on.

To bad Rudolph won't slide to the 2nd round. I mean it could happen but I doubt it. Truthfully, even though the board would hate it, Rudolph probably worth moving up for. If we could package the highest 2nd, with a pick next yr or something, get back into first round and take Rudolph I would be stoked.

He's going to be a really good player IMO.

eddie mac
02-11-2011, 03:56 AM
With 2 tags available at present a lot of players are going to remain in limbo until a new CBA is sorted and that doesn't look any closer to being agreed than it did a year ago.

Killericon
02-11-2011, 07:36 AM
http://behindblondiepark.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/patriots_randy_moss-5051.jpg

Had to be done.

UberBroncoMan
02-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Can't believe there are people who think we need a WR. That's our deepest position on the field.

Besides, DT's injury isn't a "season ending" one. He should be back by mid-October at the latest.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Aj Green may be the best option now.

We.Dont.Need.To.Draft.A.Receiver.With.The.Second.P ick.When.Our DEFENSE.Is.The.Problem.

Why is this concept so ****ing hard to understand?

SonOfLe-loLang
02-11-2011, 10:17 AM
With 2 tags available at present a lot of players are going to remain in limbo until a new CBA is sorted and that doesn't look any closer to being agreed than it did a year ago.

I still think its posturing. Same **** happened in 06 (05?), more or less. I have a feeling they make headway, push back the deadline and a deal is in place by April 1st

Mile High Shack
02-11-2011, 10:19 AM
We.Dont.Need.To.Draft.A.Receiver.With.The.Second.P ick.When.Our DEFENSE.Is.The.Problem.

some people are very knee jerk reactionary and don't seem to understand the concept of a good defense

HEAV
02-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Draft A.J. Green!32!!!#@@!!!!!

So people bitch about the defense....then want the team to draft offense in the first round....

Doggcow
02-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Can't believe there are people who think we need a WR. That's our deepest position on the field.

Besides, DT's injury isn't a "season ending" one. He should be back by mid-October at the latest.

Uhm... It's potentially CAREER ending...

gyldenlove
02-11-2011, 12:01 PM

You can't expect much, not even our previous head coach could work that one out.

DarkHorse
02-11-2011, 12:12 PM
There's no way in hell I would draft a WR with any of the picks to be honest.

I would pick up a street free agent or possibly an UFA, I can't see how WR is the strength of our team with 3 of them now coming off of injuries. Are there more WR's on the team than the 6 that i'm thinking of?

bronco militia
02-11-2011, 12:17 PM
So people b**** about the defense....then want the team to draft offense in the first round....

that tends to happen when you trade pro-bowl WR's and QB's

Ha!

oh yeah, I went there! 3...2...1....go!

DarkHorse
02-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Here's what it looks like right now at WR position for us.

Brandon Lloyd
Eric Decker
Matt Willis*
DT*
Eddie Royal*
Jabar Gaffney
Britt Davis

7 WR - 3 currently recovering from big injuries. If the stars align and everything goes perfect we're ok.

But that's hoping for a lot. Leaves us with 4 WR's, and wasn't Britt Davis injured last year too?

So Lloyd, Gaffney, Decker and possibly Britt are the 4 healthy receivers heading into the season?

I still think we need to bring in a receiver. NOT in the draft, with any of the picks. Talking bringing in a FA or UFA.

bronco militia
02-11-2011, 12:21 PM
the Panthers might release Steve Smith

razorwire77
02-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Here's what it looks like right now at WR position for us.

Brandon Lloyd
Eric Decker
Matt Willis*
DT*
Eddie Royal*
Jabar Gaffney
Britt Davis

7 WR - 3 currently recovering from big injuries. If the stars align and everything goes perfect we're ok.

But that's hoping for a lot. Leaves us with 4 WR's, and wasn't Britt Davis injured last year too?

So Lloyd, Gaffney, Decker and possibly Britt are the 4 healthy receivers heading into the season?

I still think we need to bring in a receiver. NOT in the draft, with any of the picks. Talking bringing in a FA or UFA.
It's depressing, but I think it's fair to say that WR is another question mark on a team full of question marks. I still have a feeling Lloyd is going to want to get PAID next year too, and may hold out. Nothing concrete, just a feeling. Decker has flashed potential, but it's not like he's Iron Man either.

cmhargrove
02-11-2011, 12:59 PM

BINGO!

If we wan to re-create the Florida offense of Tebow, let's just go for it. We need a fast, pass catching TE more than another WR (barring more injuries).

Get us a 60-80 catch TE, and the TeBOZ play action will be hard to stop...

yerner
02-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Steve Smith might get released. Could be a Fox reunion.

cutthemdown
02-11-2011, 02:13 PM
So people b**** about the defense....then want the team to draft offense in the first round....

You draft whoever you think will be the biggest stud period regardless of position. Better to have a total stud WR then a pretty good DT. I'm not saying I know which one is the bigger stud, only that I believe you just take the best football player. You take the guy you think will be a stud all pro player.

If you make decisions like that over 2-3 yrs you will have a good team. If you try to pick for need first you won't. Just my opinion.

Now if they say Peterson is the next revis, and Green the next C Johnson, then you could pick based on what you need more. But if they think the WR is special and the rest aren't, i want the WR.