PDA

View Full Version : Big Shocker, Demarius Thomas hurt again, tears Achilles

Mile High Shack
02-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Vic Lombardi
VicLombardi Vic Lombardi
EXCLUSIVE...Hate to be the bearer of bad news - again. Broncos WR DeMaryius Thomas just tore his achilles. More info to come.
4 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

Figures, the dude would get hurt from running in to a feather

DarkHorse
02-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Well at least I won't have to eat crow since i've been talking crap about his toughness since day 1.

BroncoInferno
02-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Well at least I won't have to eat crow since i've been talking crap about his toughness since day 1.

What does his "toughness" have to do with an Achilles tear?

razorwire77
02-10-2011, 03:29 PM
****. That's a terrible injury to rehab.

TDmvp
02-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Josh McDaniels is tearing this team's Achilles apart ...

tsiguy96
02-10-2011, 03:33 PM
how the **** do you tear an achilles while being AWAY from team facilities...ryan clady style i guess

Los Broncos
02-10-2011, 03:35 PM
dam that blows.

LittleFloyd
02-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Thomas is a tissue paper athelete. Will always be hurt until he is out of the league in 2 years.

Deuce
02-10-2011, 03:36 PM
how the **** do you tear an achilles while being AWAY from team facilities...ryan clady style i guess

You do know that players work out in the off season right?

Chris
02-10-2011, 03:36 PM
http://theleafsnation.com/uploads/Image/Mr%20Glass.jpg

tsiguy96
02-10-2011, 03:38 PM
You do know that players work out in the off season right?

im aware, however achilles tears take a lot to cause, and a good number of players spend the first few weeks of an offseason in rehab mode, especially someone like DT whos been out for so long with so many injuries. hard to see what drill or training he would have been doing that would have caused it this early in offseaosn.

Mile High Shack
02-10-2011, 03:39 PM
http://theleafsnation.com/uploads/Image/Mr%20Glass.jpg

LOL perfect

colonelbeef
stronger, tougher, smarter, etc

Rigs11
it doesn't matter. tebow doesn't need a receiver. He can throw it to himself.:yayaya:

Ratboy
02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
and who keeps saying our receiving corp is better than it was with Marshall?

Another busted draft pick by McDaniels.

Hogan11
02-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Say Hello to AJ Green @ #2

(runs for cover)

Deuce
02-10-2011, 03:43 PM
im aware, however achilles tears take a lot to cause, and a good number of players spend the first few weeks of an offseason in rehab mode, especially someone like DT whos been out for so long with so many injuries. hard to see what drill or training he would have been doing that would have caused it this early in offseaosn.

Well, they are a good month into the offseason so I am guessing his offseason workouts were well under way. He was probably doing some speed or agility drills.

This is not only a brutal rehab, but it is very hard to come back 100% especially for an athlete whose speed and explosivelness is so important.

Rohirrim
02-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Damn, this truly sucks. I don't care what any of the knuckle draggers on here have to say, that kid has some of the best hands I've ever seen. If he can't cut it, it sucks big time.

TheChamp24
02-10-2011, 03:47 PM
If only we took Dez Bryant when we had the chance...

oubronco
02-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Has this been confirmed

tsiguy96
02-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Well, they are a good month into the offseason so I am guessing his offseason workouts were well under way. He was probably doing some speed or agility drills.

This is not only a brutal rehab, but it is very hard to come back 100% especially for an athlete whose speed and explosivelness is so important.

depends on the player, some guys like stevie smith from BUF started training a week after the season, some guys who were injured or whatever rehab for a month or two. and even then if he is in the first few weeks of his program, he would have had to seriously mess up..

guess he was working out in georgia (not necessarily GT, it just says georgia right now) and tore it. wonder what he was doing

Hogan11
02-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Guess Denver should hold onto Gaffney after all........

MplsBronco
02-10-2011, 03:53 PM

Guess again. Played kickball with a guy that tore his achilles, playing kickball.

DarkHorse
02-10-2011, 03:55 PM
What does his "toughness" have to do with an Achilles tear?

Poor verbage on my part. Frustrating with this guy, too bad this is an actual serious injury.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Christ.

Tebow should lay hands on him.

Gcver2ver3
02-10-2011, 03:58 PM
i wasnt counting on him anyway...

wish we woulda went defense with that #22 pick...

oubronco
02-10-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/images/headshots/NFL/5700.jpg
Vic Lombardi of CBS 4 in Denver reports Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas suffered a torn Achilles' tendon while working out in Georgia.

Lombardi spoke with one of Thomas' teammates who confirmed the report. It's not yet known whether the Achilles is partially or fully torn. Either way, his status for the start of the season is now in doubt. While Thomas is a monster talent, he's been beset by foot and ankle injuries ever since he broke a bone while training last February. It may be too early to write Thomas off as an injury-prone bust, but the history on skill position players returning from Achilles tears is bleak at best. Thomas is set up for a second straight lost season. Brandon Lloyd is locked in as the No. 1 receiver for 2011, and Jabar Gaffney is now more likely to stick around.
Source: CBS 4 Denver (http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/02/10/broncos-receiver-thomas-injures-achilles-tendon/)
2/10/2011 5:27:00 PM

Mile High Shack
02-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I realize an achilles can happen just playing pickup basketball, but it kinda fits his M.O. so far, he's going to get the label of "oft injured"

Brightside?

with the impending lockout, should afford him plenty of time to recover

oubronco
02-10-2011, 04:01 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17353099

Demaryius Thomas, who just finished an injury-crossed rookie season, has sustained a tear of his Achilles tendon that will have to be surgically repaired, according to two NFL sources. It's not clear yet if it's a partial tear or a full tear.
Neither Thomas, nor his agent Todd France, could immediately be reached for comment

Read more: Broncos Demaryius Thomas tears Achilles tendon during workout - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17353099#ixzz1DbForll0) http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz1DbForll0 (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17353099#ixzz1DbForll0)
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

<!-- / message -->

MABroncoFan
02-10-2011, 04:06 PM
And Royal is coming off hip surgery too. Great start to the offseason!

BowlenBall
02-10-2011, 04:06 PM
A nickname is born -- Demaryius "Mr. Glass" Thomas
http://bp0.blogger.com/_qrnbT6fXcYc/RubMORK___I/AAAAAAAAAA0/bdi4tLs5oR0/s320/Unbreakable_MrGlass.jpg
Things are looking bad for my adopt-a-bronco... kid just can't stay healthy.

ZachKC
02-10-2011, 04:09 PM
That injury sounds horrifying.

maven
02-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Is he guaranteed done for this upcoming season?

ICON
02-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Is he guaranteed done for this upcoming season? He could be gone 12 mounths Season over probably.

cutthemdown
02-10-2011, 04:27 PM
AJ Green on the board!

cutthemdown
02-10-2011, 04:29 PM
And so it continues, or begins, or whatever this crap is.

RaiderH8r
02-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Frigging tin man. Cut him. He's done.

theAPAOps5
02-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Neither Thomas, nor his agent Todd France, could immediately be reached for comment

He was to busy screaming in agony to make a coherent sentence..... At least I would be!

Baba Booey
02-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Ehhh boy. Guy just can't catch a break.

Silver lining - If there's a lockout, he can make a full recovery without any pressure of coming back. If there's no lockout, there will be football for us to watch next year.

TDmvp
02-10-2011, 04:46 PM
So I guess we can forget getting rid of Gaffney

schaaf
02-10-2011, 04:47 PM
****!!!!!!

KevinJames
02-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Sup AJ Green

http://www.outofboundsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/aj-green.jpg

jp but its something they can talk about.

Eddie Royal has to step up this season coming off his injury I think hes capable of being a legit #1 or #2 threat hes got speed to burn maybe we can mold him into our Steve Smith.

Karenin
02-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Frigging tin man. Cut him. He's done.

Great plan!

Are you ****ing retarded or something?

razorwire77
02-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Glad to see that some people are equating a freak Achilles tear with somehow being soft. Especially with a young player on the team they root for. Awesome.

BigPlayShay
02-10-2011, 04:57 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/Denver_Broncos/status/35844722396377088
@Denver_Broncos
Denver Broncos: Demaryius Thomas suffered an injury to his Achilles tendon on Wed. while working out in Ga. His recovery is expected to take 6-8 months.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Sup AJ Green

http://www.outofboundsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/aj-green.jpg

jp but its something they can talk about.

Eddie Royal has to step up this season coming off his injury I think hes capable of being a legit #1 or #2 threat hes got speed to burn maybe we can mold him into our Steve Smith.

Eddie Royal is not a credible #2. He had one good season. He can perform when the pressure is completely off, and when everything happens perfectly. He'll show flashes here and there, but I'm done counting on him as a legitimate, top-line contributor on this offense.

I hope I'm wrong. I like him a great deal. Just don't see it.

KevinJames
02-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Eddie Royal is not a credible #2. He had one good season. He can perform when the pressure is completely off, and when everything happens perfectly. He'll show flashes here and there, but I'm done counting on him as a legitimate, top-line contributor on this offense.

I hope I'm wrong. I like him a great deal. Just don't see it.

Well I don't think hes ever gotten a chance to be the #2 outside of the first year he had with Shanny. McDaniels immediately pushed Royal down the depth chart and than 2nd season he used him in the slot.

Eddie Royal was a better WR overall than Desean Jackson was coming out of college so I really think we need to give him a shot at the #2 spot and if the coaches don't agree with that than I think AJ Green needs to be drafted.

oubronco
02-10-2011, 05:00 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Injury-prone receiver gets injured!

SouthStndJunkie
02-10-2011, 05:23 PM
You've got to be ****ting me....at least it happened now and not closer to the season.

Lestat
02-10-2011, 05:31 PM
well we do have depth at WR but we need him to be healthy and step up.
wonder if the injuries to Royal,Thomas & WR depth in the draft will have the Broncos taking a WR after round 1.

Requiem
02-10-2011, 05:37 PM
6-8 months puts him around August at best to October.

SouthStndJunkie
02-10-2011, 05:40 PM
It's a ****ing shame....DMT has freakish size and skills.

RaiderH8r
02-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Great plan!

Are you ****ing retarded or something?

Write it down newbie. DT's career will be mediocre at best and riddled with injury. He's had foot problems that tend to rear themselves up over time again and again. He's a receiver, a speed position, in a speed league with a hobbling injury. Sure Vinny Testaverde can come off of achilles surgery and perform, but he's statuesque. How many WR's come off of achilles surgery? The guy's a first round injury bust and it is best to cut bait early, or at least start looking beyond him as a meaningful, consistent player. It sucks and I know your DT jersey is now worthless but them's the breaks kid. We can try to have him gimp his way through next season but for all intents and purposes his chance at being a difference maker is shot. He's got the bug. Shoulda gone D.

Ray Finkle
02-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Write it down newbie. DT's career will be mediocre at best and riddled with injury. He's had foot problems that tend to rear themselves up over time again and again. He's a receiver, a speed position, in a speed league with a hobbling injury. Sure Vinny Testaverde can come off of achilles surgery and perform, but he's statuesque. How many WR's come off of achilles surgery? The guy's a first round injury bust and it is best to cut bait early, or at least start looking beyond him as a meaningful, consistent player. It sucks and I know your DT jersey is now worthless but them's the breaks kid. We can try to have him gimp his way through next season but for all intents and purposes his chance at being a difference maker is shot. He's got the bug. Shoulda gone D.

Didn't Stokley tear his tendon?

RaiderH8r
02-10-2011, 05:59 PM
It's a ****ing shame....DMT has freakish size and skills.

He can sit on a trainer's bench like no other. No other.

rugbythug
02-10-2011, 06:00 PM

Yes

RaiderH8r
02-10-2011, 06:03 PM

Did we mean to draft Stokley in the first round or were we going for a difference making, big play guy? Stokley is a slot receiver and role player. We got that guy and his name is Decker. DT might, in a stellar season for him, make one pro bowl or two in a 10 year career. My guess is he hobbles around for 5 years before being totally forgotten.

Moreover, it's the foot injuries, nagging and recurring along with this. Next up? Probably a torn hammy as a result of compensating for the gimpy feet. Then a groin. Perhaps a knee. There's his first 4 seasons of NFL football right there. He'll dress a total of 20-30 games in 4 seasons missing significant chunks at a clip.

Mile High Shack
02-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Going with Rd8r on ths one
@ChrisWesseling: Achilles tendon ruptures in NFL: 36% never play again. Those who play can't meet pre-injury level http://bit.ly/gpU2p0

rugbythug
02-10-2011, 06:10 PM
@ChrisWesseling: Achilles tendon ruptures in NFL: 36% never play again. Those who play can't meet pre-injury level http://bit.ly/gpU2p0

Ruptures Take 12 months to Rehab.-IIRC

RaiderH8r
02-10-2011, 06:10 PM

Thank you. It's almost like I've seen this crap before.

RaiderH8r
02-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Ruptures Take 12 months to Rehab.

They're probably giving best case scenario. Either way, the guy's feet are gimpy and he's a prime candidate for pulled hammies, groins and finally a torn knee ligament. I have great hands, as good as any in the NFL but I can't run for ****. Know what I do on Sundays? DT better take notes because he's going to be right there with us.

Mile High Shack
02-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Ruptures Take 12 months to Rehab.-IIRC

Just going off what a dude told Scheftter

PTC
02-10-2011, 06:14 PM
http://blog.sweetestmemories.com/pix/Achilles.jpg

Punisher
02-10-2011, 06:16 PM
You already know what im going to say so im just going to say it.

WHY DID WE PASS ON DEZ!!!!!!!!!

oh yea because he couldn't fit in MCD system you know the system when you throw a bunch of screen plays.

serious hops
02-10-2011, 06:23 PM
IIRC, he also broke that bone in his foot training for the combine, which makes two serious injuries suffered in non-game, non-contact situations in a little over a year. Not very encouraging, to say the least.

Ray Finkle
02-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Did we mean to draft Stokley in the first round or were we going for a difference making, big play guy? Stokley is a slot receiver and role player. We got that guy and his name is Decker. DT might, in a stellar season for him, make one pro bowl or two in a 10 year career. My guess is he hobbles around for 5 years before being totally forgotten.

Moreover, it's the foot injuries, nagging and recurring along with this. Next up? Probably a torn hammy as a result of compensating for the gimpy feet. Then a groin. Perhaps a knee. There's his first 4 seasons of NFL football right there. He'll dress a total of 20-30 games in 4 seasons missing significant chunks at a clip.

Depends on the damage first and foremost. If it is not a complete tear, there is hope.

ShutDownPoster
02-10-2011, 06:33 PM
I don't think he ever fully recovered from the broken foot anyway.

srphoenix
02-10-2011, 06:58 PM
I can't think of another team in the nfl that has this many injuries in the OFFSEASON?!?!?!? How does this keep happening, I know they have workouts and training, but what are we doing so differently from the other 31 teams that we don't hear about their upcoming season ending injuries?

eddie mac
02-10-2011, 07:21 PM
The sad thing is that teams who lose players like this and even worse (RIP DWill/Nash/McKinley) are punished, because the NFL still sits on its ass when it comes to compensation yet we have a system that awards teams selections from the 3rd round onwards for players those same teams are not prepared to pay the going rate for when their rookie contracts expire.

In all honesty there is a small part of me that wants to say **** the NFL, enjoy your lockout and dont come ****ing back. It stinks to high heaven and after 20 plus years I'm getting a little bored with it.

go_broncos
02-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Who is Demarius Thomas??
Did he play for us?

Abqbronco
02-10-2011, 07:27 PM

Awesome take... Well thought out, great depth, and very original. More of these please. Wait... One suggestion. Perhaps you could take the Mc part of his name and add a clever addition. For example, instead of McDaniels you could call him something like McDouche. See how that works. It's funny and it hasn't been said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

gunns
02-10-2011, 07:34 PM
i wasnt counting on him anyway...

wish we woulda went defense with that #22 pick...

Thank you, exactly! There isn't a WR on earth, except possibly Jerry Rice that is going to be the difference maker in the team, even when healthy. I'm sorry he's hurt but it was an incredibly stupid pick in the first round, especially for a team with so many other needs. But that's an offensive mind for ya.

yerner
02-10-2011, 07:57 PM
It's sad when this shocks nobody. ****ing Mcdaniels. That's right, I'm blaming that dickless midget.

Hamrob
02-10-2011, 07:58 PM
The kid hardly played this year anyway. Really no loss at this point. Decker is the potential stud in my opinon!

Thomas may still turn out downt the road....no way he turns out as poor as Moss?

Decker/Tebow - That's where it is at!

cutthemdown
02-10-2011, 08:07 PM
You've got to be ****ting me....at least it happened now and not closer to the season.

doesn't really matter he won't be playing this yr. It can take 8-12 months.

gunns
02-10-2011, 08:12 PM
The kid hardly played this year anyway. Really no loss at this point. Decker is the potential stud in my opinon!

Thomas may still turn out downt the road....no way he turns out as poor as Moss?

Decker/Tebow - That's where it is at!

:thumbsup:

PTC
02-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Thank you, exactly! There isn't a WR on earth, except possibly Jerry Rice that is going to be the difference maker in the team, even when healthy. I'm sorry he's hurt but it was an incredibly stupid pick in the first round, especially for a team with so many other needs. But that's an offensive mind for ya.

There isn't a WR on earth that is a difference maker? What?

Offensive minded coaches/teams have been in almost all the SB's in the past decade, and have won the past 2 SB's.

Teams still need a good/great/effective defense at the end of the day though... however it's an offensive league now.

MABroncoFan
02-10-2011, 09:19 PM
The way CBA talks are going so far, he may not miss a game.

schaaf
02-10-2011, 09:26 PM

I **** my pants this morning when I heard they canceled talks because they were "too far apart". I literally **** my pants :strong:

broncocalijohn
02-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Say Hello to AJ Green @ #2

(runs for cover)

How about we just keep Lloyd and Gaffney?

RaiderH8r
02-10-2011, 09:30 PM
How about we just keep Lloyd and Gaffney?

Now we need the picks an Orton trade brings even more. DT's just not going to reliable for **** and that just doesn't work on a club. Guh. This sucks.

Denver724
02-10-2011, 09:35 PM

Almost everything McD touched has turned to ****. Will Thomas ever be the player we thought he would be? Doubtful. I guess the one silver lining is that we did not take him at #11.

MABroncoFan
02-10-2011, 10:12 PM
I **** my pants this morning when I heard they canceled talks because they were "too far apart". I literally **** my pants :strong:

What better way to resolve differences than to stop talking? :)

strafen
02-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Almost everything McD touched has turned to ****. Will Thomas ever be the player we thought he would be? Doubtful. I guess the one silver lining is that we did not take him at #11.He was hurt bad going into the draft.
He was coming off a broken foot injury.
Those injuries, especially a broken foot, tend to linger.
Now, it's an achilles tendon injury.
I wished we would've drafted defense instead of picking this guy to repalce Marshall.

Tim
02-10-2011, 10:20 PM
DT is soft

JDB7821
02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
I do have to say, I wouldn't mind seeing AJ go out to you guys.

cutthemdown
02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
The sad thing is that teams who lose players like this and even worse (RIP DWill/Nash/McKinley) are punished, because the NFL still sits on its ass when it comes to compensation yet we have a system that awards teams selections from the 3rd round onwards for players those same teams are not prepared to pay the going rate for when their rookie contracts expire.

In all honesty there is a small part of me that wants to say **** the NFL, enjoy your lockout and dont come ****ing back. It stinks to high heaven and after 20 plus years I'm getting a little bored with it.

You can always get into soccer.

zdoor
02-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Sucks for the guy.

Man, we have ****ty luck...

~Crash~
02-10-2011, 10:29 PM
I do have to say, I wouldn't mind seeing AJ go out to you guys.

What??

JDB7821
02-10-2011, 10:32 PM
What??

I'm not saying it'll happen, I'm just saying I wouldn't mind seeing it. How easy would it be to throw the ball up to Lloyd and Green? Tebow would look a heck of a lot better with those two out wide.

vancejohnson82
02-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Listen, I hated the pick....I hate that he was injured last year and now I seriously am doubting the kid's career

but why blame it on the kid? its not like hes out there slipping into TVs or getting DWIs

outdoor_miner
02-10-2011, 10:54 PM
DT is soft

No kidding. He needs to tough this one out. Suck it up, DT!

Broncoman13
02-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Crap luck. Kid has serious potential and serious doubt whether that potential will ever come to production.

~Crash~
02-10-2011, 11:42 PM
No kidding. He needs to tough this one out. Suck it up, DT!

Yep no kidding he ought to soak it in side her and tough this one out.

gunns
02-10-2011, 11:44 PM
There isn't a WR on earth that is a difference maker? What?

Offensive minded coaches/teams have been in almost all the SB's in the past decade, and have won the past 2 SB's.

Teams still need a good/great/effective defense at the end of the day though... however it's an offensive league now.

LOL The final four teams in the playoffs were known more for their defenses than their offenses, except for GB whose offense wasn't recognized as much as just their QB. Their defense was better than their offense. Little running game. The Packs offense did not win that SB, their defense did. And who brought home the SB last year, the Saints defense against one of the more prolific offenses. It was an offensive league in the 80's and 90's, it's now a defensive league. As far as the offense goes you could saying it's becoming more a passing league than a rushing league. But that's it.

epicSocialism4tw
02-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Guess again. Played kickball with a guy that tore his achilles, playing kickball.

That's a hard core injury. ;)

broncocalijohn
02-11-2011, 12:07 AM

Big Deal! I knew this guy who had a sprained MCL and rode a stationary bike for 10 minutes before sitting down and mopping about it.

IF DT cant come back as a wide receiver, can he play some tight end?

KevinJames
02-11-2011, 12:15 AM
IF DT cant come back as a wide receiver, can he play some tight end?

I was thinking that too but I don't think he can carry the weight to be a tight end I think part of the reason he keeps having ankle/knee/foot problems is because maybe hes a bit heavy for a 6'3 WR especially when most of his injuries occur working out or practicing.

enjolras
02-11-2011, 12:28 AM
WR is still a position of strength, but this SUCKS... I thought he had a really bright future, but now that's likely over.

Lloyd, Gaffney, Royal, and Decker still make up a really nice receiving corp. Still need a tight-end, but god does this just suck.

When is this nightmare going to be over?

UberBroncoMan
02-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Thank goodness we have Eric Decker. If we get hurt at any spot WR is the best one atm.

Also, this is a 6-8 month recovery which means he'll be back to 100% between early August and October. He could be ready for the start of the season, or at least back early into it.

bronco0608
02-11-2011, 12:47 AM
He will be back by training camp. No biggie

Ray_Lewis'_Victim
02-11-2011, 01:22 AM
http://theheatherchronicles.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/tussin_cf_cough_cold_relief.jpg

Can't he rub some 'tussin on it?

eddie mac
02-11-2011, 03:58 AM
You can always get into soccer.

Sport is my life Cutts and tbh football/soccer is a far better run sport than the NFL ever will be.

i4jelway7
02-11-2011, 04:21 AM

NO WAY

ghostofjosh
02-11-2011, 04:21 AM

That is obvious,Lloys just led the NFL in recieving..he replaced Marshall who never did that...anything else is gravy

Broncojef
02-11-2011, 07:06 AM
Hopefully the new regime can find some guys who stay healthy. Really tired of DT and Moreno in the lineup on various weeks and hurt more than active. We need consistancy at all positions and these guys just aren't delivering.

Punisher
02-11-2011, 07:39 AM
http://www.hughston.com/hha/b_15_1_5.jpg

Denver724
02-11-2011, 08:08 AM
NO WAY

Agreed. He won't be back until 2012 (if he comes back). I hope he saved his signing bonus.

Mile High Shack
02-11-2011, 08:11 AM

a tear is a pretty big injury, so no, he isn't going to be here this year

HooptyHoops
02-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Yep, not much hope here for him...I inflamed my achilles in high school and that was easily my worst injury....I can't even imagine what a tear feels like.....man, I had high hopes for DT!!

Cito Pelon
02-11-2011, 09:04 AM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110211/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_nfl_labor

Cancelled today's bargaining session, also canceled an owners meeting next week to discuss said bargaining sessions. So, 10 hours of bargaining since last November resulted in canceling further bargaining sessions. Not looking good.

Sounds like the union is willing to bargain some on a rookie wage scale, but it doesn't sound like the 18 game schedule has even been discussed.

oubronco
02-11-2011, 09:10 AM
This sucks

~Crash~
02-11-2011, 09:16 AM
NO WAY

I bet you said that about the WR from NE ...:wiggle:

RaiderH8r
02-11-2011, 10:18 AM
Listen, I hated the pick....I hate that he was injured last year and now I seriously am doubting the kid's career

but why blame it on the kid? its not like hes out there slipping into TVs or getting DWIs

To be fair, he hasn't been healthy enough to walk without crutches/cast/walking boot and you can't drive with any of that crap on your feet anyway. We should pay him for another season and continue to hold out hope that one day he'll be healthy enough to walk unassisted and without a boot/cast and finally fulfill his dream of driving himself to the club for happy hour. He'll probably get hemmorroids from sitting on the trainer's bench so much.

Drunk Monkey
02-11-2011, 11:17 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110211/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_nfl_labor

Cancelled today's bargaining session, also canceled an owners meeting next week to discuss said bargaining sessions. So, 10 hours of bargaining since last November resulted in canceling further bargaining sessions. Not looking good.

Sounds like the union is willing to bargain some on a rookie wage scale, but it doesn't sound like the 18 game schedule has even been discussed.

Some talking head said it pretty good ESPN. Owners aren't really going to start feeling the heat until training camp starts. Up until that point I don't think there will be sufficient pressure on either side to act. I am just starting to realize that we stand a very good chance of missing some games next year.

Victor
02-11-2011, 11:46 AM
I ruptured my Achilles tendon (complete tear) about 10 weeks ago playing a Thanksgiving day game of touch football. I had it surgically repaired the next day. This is a significant injury, as everyone has stated. The surgeon referred to this as a "one year injury". I expect to be walking normally in six months, and back to full use in 12 months.

Granted, I'm 48 and not a pro athlete. I would expect DT to work harder and recover quicker and better. But if you think that this isn't a big deal, you are wrong.

Victor
02-11-2011, 11:54 AM
I ruptured my Achilles tendon (complete tear) about 10 weeks ago playing a Thanksgiving day game of touch football. I had it surgically repaired the next day. This is a significant injury, as everyone has stated. The surgeon referred to this as a "one year injury". I expect to be walking normally in six months, and back to full use in 12 months.

Granted, I'm 48 and not a pro athlete. I would expect DT to work harder and recover quicker and better. But if you think that this isn't a big deal, you are wrong.

Here is the back of my ankle three days after surgery:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg13/Nordstrom_2007/Achilles.jpg

Cito Pelon
02-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Some talking head said it pretty good ESPN. Owners aren't really going to start feeling the heat until training camp starts. Up until that point I don't think there will be sufficient pressure on either side to act. I am just starting to realize that we stand a very good chance of missing some games next year.

Yeah, looks like it. The owners may not go lockout come March 4th, but the two sides are very far apart. Hell, they're barely talking and March 4th is close. They have a looooong way to go. It looks like August before anything substantial happens.

Tombstone RJ
02-11-2011, 12:58 PM
owie, that just looks painful... best of luck recovering from that Victor, as for DT, I hope it's not a full tear like your injury...

Ray Finkle
02-11-2011, 01:03 PM

I would have rubbed some dirt on it and got back out there! painsy!

just kidding, best luck in your recovery.

yerner
02-11-2011, 01:39 PM
dear gawd, that's an awful picture. get well buddy.

bendog
02-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Awesome take... Well thought out, great depth, and very original. More of these please. Wait... One suggestion. Perhaps you could take the Mc part of his name and add a clever addition. For example, instead of McDaniels you could call him something like McDouche. See how that works. It's funny and it hasn't been said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

It's like ****ING DE JAVU !

DrFate
02-11-2011, 02:26 PM

ESPN reporting 6-8 months

bendog
02-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Bright side is if he loses speed, we need a TE anyway. Nate Jackson redeaux

RaiderH8r
02-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Bright side is if he loses speed, we need a TE anyway. Nate Jackson redeaux

But Deadspin already has a washed up Bronco writing for their staff....I think his name is Nate Jackson.

ZachKC
02-11-2011, 02:34 PM

ROFL!

bendog
02-11-2011, 02:47 PM
ROFL!

Hey, Zach, he Will be at training camp! In a boot.

jhns
02-11-2011, 03:09 PM
This is God punishing us for you guys supporting that joke McDaniels. I bet Elway doesn't draft receivers in the top rounds with foot injuries, especially whenwe have needs everywhere other than receiver.

broncocalijohn
02-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Absolutely Disgust. Or is it Absolute disgusting?

ZachKC
02-11-2011, 03:41 PM
omg.

bronco militia
02-11-2011, 03:43 PM
This is God punishing us for you guys supporting that joke McDaniels. I bet Elway doesn't draft receivers in the top rounds with foot injuries, especially whenwe have needs everywhere other than receiver.

god only punishes bills and browns fans

Ha!

Inkana7
02-11-2011, 04:22 PM

Step 1: Use revisionist history.
Step 2: Add God
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit

ZachKC
02-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Step 1: Use revisionist history.
Step 2: Add God
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit

Oh hey! Lets regurgitate more tired 4chan stuff.

broncosteven
02-11-2011, 04:37 PM

I almost passed out.

Victor
02-11-2011, 04:54 PM
I almost passed out.

Yeah, so did I right after the tendon snapped.

strafen
02-11-2011, 04:59 PM
I almost passed out.
That's hardcore, for sure.
BTW, they're saying the recovering time was about 8 months, so I doubt DT will be back earlier than September...

rugbythug
02-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Are there any better group of fans than the Denver Broncos? We can turn on a player who has done nothing but get hurt faster than any in the NFL. Bothers me how people rip a guy over stuff he can't control.

rugbythug
02-11-2011, 05:01 PM
That's hardcore, for sure.
BTW, they're saying the recovering time was about 8 months, so I doubt DT will be back earlier than September...
PUP list will really help him.

PTC
02-11-2011, 05:05 PM
PUP list will really help him.

wondering if a new CBA can affect that at all?

rugbythug
02-11-2011, 05:08 PM
doubtful- good for both sides. Player gets paid and teams get to have a replacement on the field

PTC
02-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Are there any better group of fans than the Denver Broncos? We can turn on a player who has done nothing but get hurt faster than any in the NFL. Bothers me how people rip a guy over stuff he can't control.

that's rubbish. Broncos fans deserve the best and are the best. lol

And he could have controlled it! You can find some of this at your local vitamin store:

http://images.netrition.com/images/un_animal_pak_new.jpg

RaiderH8r
02-12-2011, 12:03 AM

His wheels are shot and I'm done wasting time on rehab projects that aren't going to work out. It's a bummer but he went to college, he can find other work. Right now he's a financial black hole that has zero production and is on track to have been injured roughly 85% of his first two NFL regular seasons. Not a good indicator. Given the nature of his injury, his position, and his foot issues that also have a high likelihood of recurring it just doesn't look good for this kid moving forward. The right business move is to cut him his release check and send him packing to be someone else's injury problem.

strafen
02-12-2011, 12:24 AM
that's rubbish. Broncos fans deserve the best and are the best. lol

And he could have controlled it! You can find some of this at your local vitamin store:

http://images.netrition.com/images/un_animal_pak_new.jpg

It's that the Animal Pack?
I take that stuff for my workouts.
Vitamin Shoppe carries it

strafen
02-12-2011, 12:29 AM
His wheels are shot and I'm done wasting time on rehab projects that aren't going to work out. It's a bummer but he went to college, he can find other work. Right now he's a financial black hole that has zero production and is on track to have been injured roughly 85% of his first two NFL regular seasons. Not a good indicator. Given the nature of his injury, his position, and his foot issues that also have a high likelihood of recurring it just doesn't look good for this kid moving forward. The right business move is to cut him his release check and send him packing to be someone else's injury problem.Excellent point, and I'll have to agree with it.
What makes it even worse is that a portion of his healing process and rehab will overlap with the beginning of the season, so there's a good chance that he may start at one point not being 100% healthy and at full strength

To his credit, I was surprised his foot injury was never a factor last year, once he started playing...

oubronco
02-12-2011, 08:58 AM

The first step is surgery to repair the tear. A clean tear, leaving "two stout ends" rather than frayed ends, is easier to repair, as are tears a few inches up the ankle from the heal. Tears closer to the heel can be more difficult to repair.

For six weeks the repaired area usually is covered with a cast or splint to protect the area around the repair. Players cannot put weight on the leg during this time.

After six weeks, the foot on the repaired leg, which was pointed downward slightly in the cast to take the pressure off the Achilles tendon, is "gradually, over a little time, moved back to 90 degrees or above." A player is also gradually allowed to put more weight on his leg.

Three months after surgery, "you get back to normal walking."

Four to six months after surgery "you then can begin some more vigorous training."

On the total timetable of six to eight months, the Broncos are hoping for, Kwong said: "That's fairly reasonable, but I think six months is on the optimistic side. The eight months is probably doable."

Read more: Kwong has not examined Thomas nor has he been consulted - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17367449#ixzz1DlE9ApqQ
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Punisher
02-12-2011, 09:17 AM
The first step is surgery to repair the tear. A clean tear, leaving "two stout ends" rather than frayed ends, is easier to repair, as are tears a few inches up the ankle from the heal. Tears closer to the heel can be more difficult to repair.

For six weeks the repaired area usually is covered with a cast or splint to protect the area around the repair. Players cannot put weight on the leg during this time.

After six weeks, the foot on the repaired leg, which was pointed downward slightly in the cast to take the pressure off the Achilles tendon, is "gradually, over a little time, moved back to 90 degrees or above." A player is also gradually allowed to put more weight on his leg.

Three months after surgery, "you get back to normal walking."

Four to six months after surgery "you then can begin some more vigorous training."

On the total timetable of six to eight months, the Broncos are hoping for, Kwong said: "That's fairly reasonable, but I think six months is on the optimistic side. The eight months is probably doable."

Read more: Kwong has not examined Thomas nor has he been consulted - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17367449#ixzz1DlE9ApqQ

The first step is to trade him for a pack of newport 100

Rugby7
02-12-2011, 10:31 PM
I've had this injury its not career threatening he will be back next year probably not by September but he will play. Now go on girls and find something else to cry about.

Jetmeck
02-13-2011, 01:17 AM
I've had this injury its not career threatening he will be back next year probably not by September but he will play. Now go on girls and find something else to cry about.

Hope your right but right now trading MARSHALL is looking pretty ****ing stupid..................!

TomServo
02-13-2011, 03:24 AM
if Dumbass Mcd had just held on to our offensive talent.......................he wouldnt be on the "worst coach ever list". if anyone still defends him..............i would take john ralston as headcoach. ANYDAY john ralston

misturanderson
02-13-2011, 09:42 AM
Hope your right but right now trading MARSHALL is looking pretty ****ing stupid..................!

Do we not still have Lloyd? He outperformed anything Marshall ever did here.

jhns
02-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Do we not still have Lloyd? He outperformed anything Marshall ever did here.

That is a lie. Anyways, Lloyd wasn't his replacement. We had both. I would say Marshall and Lloyd would be a much better 1/2 than we currently have. I know, why have two good players when you can have one!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-13-2011, 10:03 AM
That is a lie. Anyways, Lloyd wasn't his replacement. We had both. I would say Marshall and Lloyd would be a much better 1/2 than we currently have. I know, why have two good players when you can have one!

More crying over players who are gone? Really?

And here I thought your idiocy began and ended with Jay Cutler. Turns out you like lots of guys who underperform as soon as they leave Denver.

Say, how was Marshall's year in Miami? Did he blow up again? Or did he get his huge payday and immediately start bitching about coaches, quarterbacks, etc?

jhns
02-13-2011, 10:07 AM
More crying over players who are gone? Really?

And here I thought your idiocy began and ended with Jay Cutler. Turns out you like lots of guys who underperform as soon as they leave Denver.

Say, how was Marshall's year in Miami? Did he blow up again? Or did he get his huge payday and immediately start b****ing about coaches, quarterbacks, etc?

He didn't do horrible. He had more catches than anyone from this team. He had over 1000 yards. Not bad for his first year in a new system, with a ****ty OC and QB. 86 catches(while missing two weeks from injury) is underperforming for him because he is one of the best in the league. I'm sure he will work hard on correcting that horrible performance.

HAT
02-13-2011, 10:27 AM

Lloyd was his replacement as #1 WR & had better numbers than Marshall ever put up in Denver. When did Marshall ever put up 1400+ yards or 11 TD's.....72 1st downs? 18.8 YPC? Not once.

As for 1 & 2....There's only one football, nobody knows if Marshall & Lloyd would be any more effective than Lloyd and Gaffney were. Lloyd plus any #2 was more effective than Marshall plus any #2.

Miami way overpaid for Marshall, I'm surprised there are people who didn't like that trade.

2010: Lloyd+Gaff= 2323 yards, 13 TD, 114 1st downs

2009: Marshall+Gaff= 1,852 yards, 12 TD, 92 1st downs

2008: Marshall+Royal= 2,245 yards, 11 TD, 108 1st downs

2007: Marshall+Stokely= 1,960 yards, 12 TD, 104 1st downs

In Marshall's defense though, he was slightly handicapped in 2007 & 2008 because of his QB.

jhns
02-13-2011, 10:36 AM
Lloyd was his replacement as #1 WR & had better numbers than Marshall ever put up in Denver. When did Marshall ever put up 1400+ yards or 11 TD's.....72 1st downs? 18.8 YPC? Not once.

As for 1 & 2....There's only one football, nobody knows if Marshall & Lloyd would be any more effective than Lloyd and Gaffney were. Lloyd plus any #2 was more effective than Marshall plus any #2.

Miami way overpaid for Marshall, I'm surprised there are people who didn't like that trade.

2010: Lloyd+Gaff= 2323 yards, 13 TD, 114 1st downs

2009: Marshall+Gaff= 1,852 yards, 12 TD, 92 1st downs

2008: Marshall+Royal= 2,245 yards, 11 TD, 108 1st downs

2007: Marshall+Stokely= 1,960 yards, 12 TD, 104 1st downs

In Marshall's defense though, he was slightly handicapped in 2007 & 2008 because of his QB.

LOL

So your spin is that Lloyd and Gaffney are better than Marshall and Lloyd? This doesn't surprise me considering the source.

HAT
02-13-2011, 10:42 AM
LOL

So your spin is that Lloyd and Gaffney are better than Marshall and Lloyd? This doesn't surprise me considering the source.

No, my stats are that Lloyd + anybody proved better than Marshall + anybody. And also that Lloyd as #1 was > Marshall as #1

My 'spin' would be that Lloyd as # 1 & what Denver got for Marshall in return is better for the Broncos than having Marshall as #1 & Lloyd as #2.

jhns
02-13-2011, 10:46 AM
No, my stats are that Lloyd + anybody proved better than Marshall + anybody. And also that Lloyd as #1 was > Marshall as #1

My 'spin' would be that Lloyd as # 1 & what Denver got for Marshall in return is better for the Broncos than having Marshall as #1 & Lloyd as #2.

Yes, this was sure proven as the offense was much worse without him. Good take.

Marshall + Lloyd is far better than our current 1/2. Lloyd could be a better 1 guy, and I love what he brings to the team, but he sure hasn't proven it yet. He has one single good season in a long career. Marshall has many good seasons in a shorter career. Gaffney does not come close to matching Marshalls skill. Nor does anyone else on this team.

This team got worse because we gave up the talent that was on it. This is why your hero McDaniels is an offensive coordinator again...

HAT
02-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Marshall + Lloyd is far better than our current 1/2.

This would be a valid point if Marshall had been cut or allowed to walk as a FA.

Since he was traded, it's a faulty equation. Who cares if Marshall + Lloyd > than Lloyd + Gaffney?

The real question is: Are Marshall + Lloyd > than Lloyd & what Denver turned & will turn the two 2nd round picks into.

The answer is no IMO.

Cito Pelon
02-24-2011, 11:58 AM
39 minutes ago - Coach John Fox, on the impact of Demaryius Thomas' Achilles tear: "He's a first round pick -- a guy that was really highly regarded: big, strong, fast. He has all the things you look for. Obviously it's a setback, but sometimes setbcks set up better things to come. I can't predict. But he'll be back. He's a tough kid and he'll be healthy again." Broncos RapidReports

41 minutes ago - WR Demaryius Thomas' six- to eight-month timetable appears to make it a longshot he'd be ready for a regular-scheduled NFL season in September. "Today's medicine is amazing how fast they get guys back now," coach John Fox said. "That used to be an injury that was hard to come back from, Now people are getting back a little more regularly." Broncos RapidReports

50 minutes ago - Coach John Fox said injuries to WR Eddie Royal (hip) and WR Demaryius Thomas (Achilles) shouldn't affect Denver's draft plan. The Broncos still have Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney and Eric Decker as options at receiver but could opt to draft or depth in the later rounds. Broncos RapidReports