PDA

View Full Version : Companion thread to "If you can only pick one (Film)" thread

baja
02-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Now that you have done the nearly impossible an chosen one movie as your all time favorite list a few of your favorite lines from your favorite movie and don't name your movie again in this thread.

baja
02-06-2011, 06:13 AM
"How do you write women so well" pause / response "I think of a man than I take away reason & accountability"

baja
02-06-2011, 06:15 AM
Actually there is not a bad line it the entire film of my choice.

AZorange1
02-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Professor telling student, "Here is a dime, I want you to call your parents and tell them that there is serious doubt that you will ever amount to anything"

baja
02-06-2011, 06:29 AM
"Come on in, and try not to ruin everything by being you. "

-----------------

"When you first entered the restaurant, I thought you were handsome... and then, of course, you spoke."

-----------------------

"I might be the only person on the face of the earth that knows you're the greatest woman on earth. I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do, and how you are with Spencer, "Spence," and in every single thought that you have, and how you say what you mean, and how you almost always mean something that's all about being straight and good. I think most people miss that about you, and I watch them, wondering how they can watch you bring their food, and clear their tables and never get that they just met the greatest woman alive. And the fact that I get it makes me feel good, about me."

---------------------------

"Never, never, interrupt me, okay? Not if there's a fire, not even if you hear the sound of a thud from my home and one week later there's a smell coming from there that can only be a decaying human body and you have to hold a hanky to your face because the stench is so thick that you think you're going to faint. Even then, don't come knocking. Or, if it's election night, and you're excited and you wanna celebrate because some fudgepacker that you date has been elected the first queer president of the United States and he's going to have you down to Camp David, and you want someone to share the moment with. Even then, don't knock. Not on this door. Not for ANY reason. Do you get me, sweetheart? "

response; [clears his throat] "Uhm, yes. It's not a... subtle point that you're making. "

------------

"Dr. Green, how can you diagnose someone as an obsessive compulsive disorder, and then act like I have some choice about barging in here? "

---------------

"Where do they teach you to talk like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at his whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here. "

----------------

"The best thing you have going for you is your willingness to humiliate yourself. "

--------------------

"I can't get back to my old life. She's evicted me from my life! "

ShutDownPoster
02-06-2011, 06:36 AM
What I said the other day, you looking like me, that ain't true. You ain't ugly like me, it's just that we both have got scars.

Just because we let them smelly fools ride us like horses don't mean we gotta let 'em brand us like horses. Maybe we ain't nothing but whores but we, by god, we ain't horses.

If you were to try to assassinate a king, sir, the, how shall I say it, the aura of royalty would cause you to miss. But, a president, [chuckles] I mean, why not shoot a president?

This is one of THE best screenplays I have ever read, such character and unique voice.

ShutDownPoster
02-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Oops , misread the topic - this is not the choice in the other thread. lol

Chris
02-06-2011, 06:59 AM
My favourite line is silence... and it's in a lot of movies.

bowtown
02-06-2011, 07:16 AM
"Edwina's insides were a rocky place where my seed could find no purchase."

"Son, you got a panty on your head."

"And this here's the TV. Two hours a day, either educational or football, so you don't ruin your appreciation of the finer things."

"Eight hundred leaf-tables and no chairs? You can't sell leaf-tables and no chairs. Chairs, you got a dinette set. No chairs, you got dick!"

"There's what's right and there's what's right and never the twain shall meet."

"I don't know what his damn jammies looked like... they had Yodas and **** on them."

gunns
02-06-2011, 07:16 AM
My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.
Do you know how naive you sound, Michael? Presidents and senators don't have men killed.
Oh. Who's being naive, Kay?

Now you listen to me, you smooth-talking son-of-a-bitch, let me lay it on the line for you and your boss, whoever he is! Johnny will never get that movie! I don't care how many dago guinea wop greaseball goombahs come out of the woodwork!

I'm German-Irish.

Well, let me tell you something, my kraut-mick friend, I'm gonna make so much trouble for you, you won t know what hit you!

Luca held a gun to his head, and my father assured him that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract.

Times have changed. It's not like the Old Days, when we can do anything we want. A refusal is not the act of a friend. If he had all the judges, and the politicians in New York, then he must share them, or let us others use them. He must let us draw the water from the well. Certainly he can present a bill for such services; after all... we are not Communists.

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Rohirrim
02-06-2011, 07:22 AM
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Dr. Broncenstein
02-06-2011, 08:47 AM
Them clothes got laundry numbers on them. You remember your number and always wear the ones that has your number. Any man forgets his number spends a night in the box. These here spoons you keep with you. Any man loses his spoon spends a night in the box. There's no playing grab-ass or fighting in the building. You got a grudge against another man, you fight him Saturday afternoon. Any man playing grab-ass or fighting in the building spends a night in the box. First bell's at five minutes of eight when you will get in your bunk. Last bell is at eight. Any man not in his bunk at eight spends the night in the box. There is no smoking in the prone position in bed. To smoke you must have both legs over the side of your bunk. Any man caught smoking in the prone position in bed... spends a night in the box. You get two sheets. Every Saturday, you put the clean sheet on the top... the top sheet on the bottom... and the bottom sheet you turn in to the laundry boy. Any man turns in the wrong sheet spends a night in the box. No one'll sit in the bunks with dirty pants on. Any man with dirty pants on sitting on the bunks spends a night in the box. Any man don't bring back his empty pop bottle spends a night in the box. Any man loud talking spends a night in the box. You got questions, you come to me. I'm Carr, the floor walker. I'm responsible for order in here. Any man don't keep order spends a night in...

The box..

I hope you ain't going to be a hard case.

baja
02-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Paul Newman was one actor I admire. He never went Hollywood.

OABB
02-06-2011, 09:05 AM
"Edwina's insides were a rocky place where my seed could find no purchase."

"Son, you got a panty on your head."

"And this here's the TV. Two hours a day, either educational or football, so you don't ruin your appreciation of the finer things."

"Eight hundred leaf-tables and no chairs? You can't sell leaf-tables and no chairs. Chairs, you got a dinette set. No chairs, you got dick!"

"There's what's right and there's what's right and never the twain shall meet."

"I don't know what his damn jammies looked like... they had Yodas and **** on them."

God I love that movie.

ICON
02-06-2011, 10:16 AM
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

"Today I settled all Family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, Carlo."

"She was beautiful! She was young. She was innocent. She was the greatest piece of ass I ever had, and I've had'em all over the world!"

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns."

"You sonofabitch, do you know who I am? I'm Moe Greene! I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders."

Mr.Meanie
02-06-2011, 10:18 AM
You can act like a man! *SLAP*

Killericon
02-06-2011, 10:22 AM
"Our bodies are prisons for our souls. Our skin and blood, the iron bars of confinement. But fear not. All flesh decays. Death turns all to ash. And thus, death frees every soul."

baja
02-06-2011, 10:27 AM
"Our bodies are prisons for our souls. Our skin and blood, the iron bars of confinement. But fear not. All flesh decays. Death turns all to ash. And thus, death frees every soul."

I gotta ask, what's that from?

Killericon
02-06-2011, 10:49 AM
I gotta ask, what's that from?

The Fountain. Favourite movie of all time.

Archedamian
02-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Prince Feisal: Gasim's time has come, Lawrence. It is written.
T.E. Lawrence: Nothing is written.
Sherif Ali: You will not be at Aqaba, English! Go back, blasphemer... but you will not be at Aqaba!
T.E. Lawrence: I shall be at Aqaba. That, IS written.
[pointing to forehead]
T.E. Lawrence: In here.

Pony Boy
02-06-2011, 10:53 AM
"You write Born to Kill on your helmet and you wear a peace symbol, what's that supposed to be some kind of sick joke?" "It's a hardball world son and we have to try to keep our heads till this peace phase blows over".

misturanderson
02-06-2011, 11:28 AM
...he called himself "The Dude". Now, "Dude" - that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place so darned interestin'. They call Los Angeles the "City Of Angels." I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow there are some nice folks there. 'Course I can't say I've seen London, and I ain't never been to France. And I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I'll tell you what - after seeing Los Angeles, and this here story I'm about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin' every bit as stupefyin' as you'd see in any of them other places. And in English, too. So I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me. Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place back in the early '90s - just about the time of our conflict with Sad'm and the I-raqis. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. But sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced him enough.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Were you listening to The Dude's story?

I was bowling.

So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know...

HILife
02-06-2011, 11:37 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mTiAS7cdsYc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Miss I.
02-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Bruce Baldwin (http://www.orangemane.com/name/nm0000897/): [Speaking of Walter] You know, Hildy, he's not such a bad fellow.
Hildy Johnson (http://www.orangemane.com/name/nm0751426/): No, he should make some girl real happy.
Bruce Baldwin (http://www.orangemane.com/name/nm0000897/): Uh-huh.
Hildy Johnson (http://www.orangemane.com/name/nm0751426/): [Under her breath] Slap-happy.
Bruce Baldwin (http://www.orangemane.com/name/nm0000897/): He's not the man for you. I can see that. But I sort of like him. He's got a lot of charm.
Hildy Johnson (http://www.orangemane.com/name/nm0751426/): Well, he comes by it naturally - his grandfather was a snake.

Requiem
02-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Cool Starry Bra is my companion for movie adventures.

Smilin Assassin
02-06-2011, 01:59 PM
"What we do in life....echoes, in eternity."

baja
02-06-2011, 02:15 PM
"What we do in life....echoes, in eternity."

Inquiring minds want to know. How does eternity echo?

Archer81
02-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Thank you for the lovely chat...I'm having an old friend for dinner.

Who killed him? Response: I cannot say. Best thing for him really, his therapy was going nowhere.

:Broncos: