PDA

View Full Version : OT- Video creation help

broncosteven
02-05-2011, 07:21 PM
I need to make a 60-90 second music video for a project in an .avi, .mov, .mpg, or .wmv format. It has to be 100mb or less.

Could you pass along some tips on what low cost (or no cost) tools I can use to dump video from a hand held camera into a win 7 based editor and get a nice final product?

I would like to do 2-3 different scenes with the music going over it.

I have Cakewalk Sonar X1 Producer and that is what I will record the music with but I don't know what to use to edit the video scenes with to get a product to the point where I can use Sonar to add the music.

I haven't even played around with the home videos on digital tape before. Pictures and movies are not my thing, until now.

Thanks!

DarkHorse
02-05-2011, 07:32 PM
I use Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas Movie Studio and sometimes Power Director Pro.

I usually capture from a simple USB cable directly into one of the programs listed above. Pretty straightforward and simple actually.

OABB
02-05-2011, 11:46 PM
I'll do it for a few hundy.

footstepsfrom#27
02-06-2011, 01:02 AM
I use Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas Movie Studio and sometimes Power Director Pro.

I usually capture from a simple USB cable directly into one of the programs listed above. Pretty straightforward and simple actually.
How do you like Vegas? I understand it handles the AVCHD compression codec, is that correct? I've heard mixed reveiws on how well however.

broncosteven
02-06-2011, 11:14 AM
I'll do it for a few hundy.

I am doing it for a few hundy...

broncosteven
02-06-2011, 11:14 AM

Is Vegas expensive?