PDA

View Full Version : Elway: "If we had to play today, Kyle Orton would be our starting Quarterback"

Pages : [1] 2

BroncoDoug
02-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Jeff_Legwold Jeff Legwold
John Elway said today at the Super Bowl; "If we had to play today Kyle Orton would be our staring quarterback.''

Elway also said; "It's not a foregone conclusion we're going to trade Kyle Orton.''

BroncoDoug
02-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Jeff_Legwold (http://twitter.com/#%21/Jeff_Legwold) Jeff Legwold

Elway added; "They're going to compete for the job.'' On a possible Orton trade; "A lot of people think it's an automatic and it's not.''

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Good.

See that? Elway DOES know what he's doing.

Archer81
02-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Kiss of death. Orton is gone.

:Broncos:

tsiguy96
02-02-2011, 11:42 AM

cya orton

LRtagger
Elway-----> :nutkick <-----Broncos Fans

brncs_fan
Fodder being used to fertilize the growth of trade possibilities.

No team can survive half Tebow and half Orton. It must be all of one or all of the other.

Bronco Boy
02-02-2011, 11:43 AM
The real question is: does Orton think Denver is too cold?

schaaf
02-02-2011, 11:44 AM
The Kiss of death, goodbye orton.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Going to laugh my ass off when Orton IS the starting QB on opening day...

Smiling Assassin27
One thing an NFL GM/Prez has to learn is the art of deception and misdirection. It's a gigantic poker game and statements you make always have a purpose, whether they're truthful or not.

baja
Does this surprise anyone?

It's a no brainer really.

Bigdawg26
02-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Translation- We are willing to trade Orton for the value of a starting QB not a bench warmer who has worn out his welcome!

ColoradoDarin
02-02-2011, 11:48 AM
So if the Broncos had to play the Wed before the Superbowl then Kyle Orton would be our QB.... I'm actually okay with that, save Tebow for Sundays.

Quoydogs
02-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Agreed ! Example

This car is a total piece of ****, It'll run for awhile but eventually it is going to let you down . Still wanna buy it ?

Or

This is a strong running car, everything works well on it. It may not be a Lamborghini but it is going to get you where you are going.

Elway is a true car salesman at heart Hilarious!

baja
02-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Translation; We want competition at the position.

Hamrob
02-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Surprised the hell out of me! I know it probably shouldn't have...but it did.

listopencil
02-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Not surprising.

listopencil
02-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Well, what day did he say it?

listopencil
02-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Because he could have meant, "If we had to play on a Wednesday..."

SonOfLe-loLang
02-02-2011, 11:53 AM
He didnt even really play his hand all that well. Playing your hand would be "we're not trading kyle orton" Leaving it open ended, hes saying he's willing to do it. Do you think he'd ever suggest that me MIGHT trade Tim Tebow?

srphoenix
02-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Well we can't just give away Orton

footstepsfrom#27
02-02-2011, 12:39 PM
How pissed would we be if Elway came on and told all our potential trading partners we no longer needed Orton around? We might get a #2 for him but if he let the cat out of the bag this early, we'd be lucky to see a 4th.

schaaf
02-02-2011, 12:49 PM
How pissed would we be if Elway came on and told all our potential trading partners we no longer needed Orton around? We might get a #2 for him but if he let the cat out of the bag this early, we'd be lucky to see a 4th.

way pissed! :yayaya:

Tombstone RJ
02-02-2011, 12:51 PM
This falls in line with other comments by Elway on Tebow, that is, they like his intangibles but he still has a lot to work on, etc. Elway is publically backing up the veteran QB, and publically telling everyone Tebow is still raw.

He sounds like a good VP of Football Operations.

eddie mac
02-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I thought we appointed a Head Coach??? Is Elway the new HC then???

Chris
02-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Tim Tebow has competition.

This guy

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lazp8gZzyN1qayolmo1_400.jpg

strafen
02-02-2011, 12:59 PM
I thought we appointed a Head Coach??? Is Elway the new HC then???Exactly!!!
whose decision is it, Elway's or Fox's as to who the starting QB should be?
I'll tell you what, if Orton is the starting QB on opening day, let's pray our defense outscores our offense if we want to have a winning season, otherwise is going to suck big time!

Orton?!
God forbid that POS ever wears a Broncos uniform again!

DarkHorse
02-02-2011, 01:05 PM
It's just Elway answering questions, no big deal. He could have easily shrugged them off by saying talk to the coach but it sounds more like he's pumping the rest of the league by saying that Orton is a starting NFL QB..........so come and get him, trade offers will be looked at.

That's my opinion at least.

Rigs11
02-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Good, i never understood why the tebowners were so adamant about not letting the two compete for the job. I mean if tebow is so superior to orton than he should take the job soundly? right?

mkporter
02-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Translation; We want competition at the position.

Actual translation: We want value for Orton.

bronco0608
02-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't be crying if Kyle was our a starting QB next year.

60 tds/30 ints 10,000 yards the last three seasons. You would pray that Tebow could put up those kind of numbers.

You can win with him if you have a defense.

Archer81
02-02-2011, 01:15 PM
I wouldn't be crying if Kyle was our a starting QB next year.

60 tds/30 ints 10,000 yards the last three seasons. You would pray that Tebow could put up those kind of numbers.

You can win with him if you have a defense.

Are you counting his last season in Chicago?

Ray Finkle
02-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Tim Tebow has competition.

This guy

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lazp8gZzyN1qayolmo1_400.jpg

Tim Curry?

bronco0608
02-02-2011, 01:19 PM

What else would I be counting? His years at Purdue?

Shoemaker
02-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Exactly!!!
I'll tell you what, if Orton is the starting QB on opening day, let's pray our defense outscores our offense if we want to have a winning season, otherwise is going to suck big time!

Orton?!

Why so vehement? Did Orton seduce your girlfriend or something?

There's no need to get angry about it, its' happened to better men than any of us. Few can resist the allure of the neckbeard.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Exactly!!!

Orton?!

You're such an unbelievable moronic piece of ****. I mean, really.

Want to see a POS? Look in the mirror.

Archer81
02-02-2011, 01:26 PM
What else would I be counting? His years at Purdue?

Seems odd to count a season he had in Chicago. Simmer down sybil.

TheReverend
02-02-2011, 01:28 PM

^

RaiderH8r
02-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Nothing more than keeping options open. There is no reason whatsoever to make a decision on Tebow now and kill any market competition that might exist for Orton's services. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see Elway talk Orton up quite a bit ahead of the draft. "We're excited with what he can do...Solid QB...good decisions...good ball" sort of rah rah crap. We're trying to make a sale here people! You don't tell buyers you're selling them a turd at gold price. You get the gold and let them find out they have the turd.

Jason in LA
02-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Translation- We are willing to trade Orton for the value of a starting QB not a bench warmer who has worn out his welcome!

This makes a lot of sense. I'm not a Tebow guy, but I really don't want to see Orton back. I rather give this Tebow experiment a shot for a year to see if he can become a legit QB.

Orton isn't going to lead this team anywhere, so I'm hoping that this is Elway's way of creating value for him.

Austin Bronco Fan
02-02-2011, 01:42 PM
There's nothing to see here----- Move along.

Elway answered the intervierer's questions w/out providing an actual answer. It's what good GM's and front office personnel do. It's what politicians do on a daily basis.

That's why he worded it the way he did. (As of the specific time I'm speaking to you, Orton is our starter.) Okay. Still leaves any future plans in doubt. Also shows that he's NOT deciding on behalf of a HC who will start to the press.

He's not going to go and say something like "Oh, yes! We have this super-secret trade being discussed about Orton right now!" Here's the specifics even before it happens...."

Great interview IMO. Looks like he's taking pages from Pioli's playbook. ROFL!

TheChamp24
02-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Get that statue out of here.
If Tebow doesn't start it would be a mistake IMO.

Miss I.
02-02-2011, 01:48 PM
Exactly!!!

Orton?!

WTF dude?! Harsh much? He did the best he could with no running game and an inconsistent defense to support him. Hardly makes him a POS, just not necessarily our QBOTF. I am not sure Tebow is the QBOTF, but I will support him like I support any guy who wears our team colors and doesn't actually disgrace them by raping, assaulting or murdering people or animals. I don't hate Cutler for instance, but I don't like him either. I just don't care. Thanks for your time in Denver, time to move on. Will be the same for anyone including Orton, Plummer, etc, etc. Only a rare few will be held in such high esteem that I will build small shrines to them that will sit next to my She-ra action figure collection. (this is a joke obviously....She'ra only sits by the He-man collection, there's a hierarchy here).

At any rate, I enjoyed watching Orton and he seems like a good guy. I wish him well whereever he goes, but I am happy if he stays too. Just love my team and hope whoever directs our ship knows to stay away from icebergs and giant moon like deathstars. ;D

Hogan11
02-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Going to laugh my ass off when Orton IS the starting QB on opening day...

The fan revolt will be extreme if this happens. So many have emotionally sold out on the guy after only three games and an ESPN documentary, they'll be psychologically crushed if Tebow rides the bench behind Orton at all next year.

It'll be interesting who the fanbase chooses if this event comes to pass though....will they go with Elway's/Fox's judgement if they decide Orton is the starting QB or do they go with the holder of their hearts in Tebow?

Gcver2ver3
02-02-2011, 01:53 PM
as some have already mentioned, if he says Tebow is the QB he essentially destroys our leverage in a trade of Orton...

that better be the reason...

Tombstone RJ
02-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Exactly!!!

Orton?!

Dude, relax. Elway is just doing his job, he's basically the PR guy for the team. This lets Fox due is job, coach the team.

FireFly
02-02-2011, 01:56 PM
I still think we'll trade Orton - but if we can't get adequate compensation, I would rather that we DID keep him and have him compete!

Miss I.
02-02-2011, 01:58 PM
and now that I am done responding to numbskulls, I agree with Tombstone and also others who essentially say this is to make Orton better trade bait. But who knows, I just think it's a bit ridiculous to smear the guy. I get being pissed at McD, but Orton doesn't really deserve it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-02-2011, 02:03 PM
The fan revolt will be extreme if this happens. So many have emotionally sold out on the guy after only three games and an ESPN documentary, they'll be psychologically crushed if Tebow rides the bench behind Orton at all next year.

It'll be interesting who the fanbase chooses if this event comes to pass though....will they go with Elway's/Fox's judgement if they decide Orton is the starting QB or do they go with the holder of their hearts in Tebow?

To further your question, will they immediately throw Elway/Fox under the bus if Kyle happens to win the job in preseason?

Beantown Bronco
02-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Elway just wants to stay on Orton's good side so he gets an invite to the next weekend bender in Vegas.

Hogan11
02-02-2011, 02:08 PM
To further your question, will they immediately throw Elway/Fox under the bus if Kyle happens to win the job in preseason?

Essentially the question I posed....who will they go with? Elway/Fox or Tebow?

Forcing these fans to choose between Elway and Tebow if Orton is the starting QB next season certainly ups the drama when it comes to the fan reaction....actually, it'll put it off the charts.

baja
02-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Actual translation: We want value for Orton.

Fully actual translation; If Tebow shows he is ready to be a starting QB we want value for Orton other wise Orton starts until Tebow is deemed ready.

Austin Bronco Fan
02-02-2011, 02:14 PM

There were some I know who were throwing Elway under the bus for mispronouncing Mularkey's first name. Additionally, they were irate that Elway didn't already have a full coaching staff in place, complete with FA aquisitions, draft choices, and a playoff appearance after only 4 days in office ROFL!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-02-2011, 02:21 PM

Forcing these fans to choose between Elway and Tebow if Orton is the starting QB next season certainly ups the drama when it comes to the fan reaction....actually, it'll put it off the charts.

Hooray! What we need here is more drama, overreaction and bellyaching. The Mane has been missing that.

chrisp
02-02-2011, 02:27 PM
OK, so we've had three whole games of Tebow. During which time he has posted a reasonable - or very good for a rookie - passer rating.

But a lot of his play has come down to making things happen with his feet and improvising. As time goes by teams will slowly start to limit that more and more and force him to sit back in the pocket, read defenses, and win the game with his arm.

He's yet to prove he can consistently do that.

I'm not saying that he can't, but the knock on his college experience, despite his dizzying numbers was that he never played in the true pro-style defense where you're asked to make a load of pre-snap reads and the like. Its the mental side of the quarterback position that is where Tebow has the biggest question marks. Yes, he may answer the critics and remove those question marks next season, but he could also prove to be a three-game (or perhaps two-game - his first really wasn't very good...) wonder who can't handle that side of things.

Kyle Orton is pretty much the Yin to Tebow's Yang. He has a superb mastery of the offense, and a sound grasp of the cerebral side of the game. What he doesn't have is mobility, the ability to improvise, and that curious ability to summon his best when its really needed. But he's a solid veteran QB and a safe pair of hands.

If I'm the Broncos coach next season I want both on my roster. I see greater upside in Tebow for sure, and I see in Orton someone who has already hit his ceiling, but what do I do If Tebow can't handle it? What if he's a mess in camp? What if he stinks it up in the games? Who's next up - Brady Quinn? I'm not sure he's even a legit #3......

Of course that doesn't mean that Orton won't be traded. In fact, sometimes it really helps your negotiating position if you really don't need to deal, so if someone makes a good offer the Broncos will surely listen, but I'm sure they have their price, and if it isn't met Orton and Tebow will be in a straight competition for the starting spot.

And how great it is to have someone who is good in precisely the areas that Tebow is weak for him to compete against? It really forces him to get better in those areas and become the complete QB. Its exactly like the Duke says - he's a superb athelete, a superb player, but not yeta superb QB. He has to be made into one, and you don't go dumping a solid vet untill he's proved that he has.

Homer Simpson
02-02-2011, 02:28 PM

Exactly. /thread.

Boobs McGee
02-02-2011, 02:31 PM
OK, so we've had three whole games of Tebow. During which time he has posted a reasonable - or very good for a rookie - passer rating.

But a lot of his play has come down to making things happen with his feet and improvising. As time goes by teams will slowly start to limit that more and more and force him to sit back in the pocket, read defenses, and win the game with his arm.

He's yet to prove he can consistently do that.

I'm not saying that he can't, but the knock on his college experience, despite his dizzying numbers was that he never played in the true pro-style defense where you're asked to make a load of pre-snap reads and the like. Its the mental side of the quarterback position that is where Tebow has the biggest question marks. Yes, he may answer the critics and remove those question marks next season, but he could also prove to be a three-game (or perhaps two-game - his first really wasn't very good...) wonder who can't handle that side of things.

Kyle Orton is pretty much the Yin to Tebow's Yang. He has a superb mastery of the offense, and a sound grasp of the cerebral side of the game. What he doesn't have is mobility, the ability to improvise, and that curious ability to summon his best when its really needed. But he's a solid veteran QB and a safe pair of hands.

If I'm the Broncos coach next season I want both on my roster. I see greater upside in Tebow for sure, and I see in Orton someone who has already hit his ceiling, but what do I do If Tebow can't handle it? What if he's a mess in camp? What if he stinks it up in the games? Who's next up - Brady Quinn? I'm not sure he's even a legit #3......

Of course that doesn't mean that Orton won't be traded. In fact, sometimes it really helps your negotiating position if you really don't need to deal, so if someone makes a good offer the Broncos will surely listen, but I'm sure they have their price, and if it isn't met Orton and Tebow will be in a straight competition for the starting spot.

And how great it is to have someone who is good in precisely the areas that Tebow is weak for him to compete against? It really forces him to get better in those areas and become the complete QB. Its exactly like the Duke says - he's a superb athelete, a superb player, but not yeta superb QB. He has to be made into one, and you don't go dumping a solid vet untill he's proved that he has.

Very well said.

I'd like to add to this, by saying why trade orton at all? Why not KEEP the guy who would seriously be the best backup in the league? I understand everyone wants him gone, but I see a lot more value in the event that Tebow goes down for whatever reason. If all everyone thinks we'd get for him is a mid round pick, keep his butt here and let him teach the young Timothy a thing or two; he'd be a great mentor/backup IMO.

TailgateNut
02-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Exactly!!!

Orton?!

^What an A$$

Rohirrim
02-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Very well said.

I'd like to add to this, by saying why trade orton at all? Why not KEEP the guy who would seriously be the best backup in the league? I understand everyone wants him gone, but I see a lot more value in the event that Tebow goes down for whatever reason. If all everyone thinks we'd get for him is a mid round pick, keep his butt here and let him teach the young Timothy a thing or two; he'd be a great mentor/backup IMO.

Bingo. I'd feel better if we kept Orton and tried to trade Quinn. Maybe a couple of Slurpees and tickets to the offroad championships?

errand
02-02-2011, 02:49 PM
He didnt even really play his hand all that well. Playing your hand would be "we're not trading kyle orton" Leaving it open ended, hes saying he's willing to do it. Do you think he'd ever suggest that me MIGHT trade Tim Tebow?

Elway should be willing to trade anyone that can't help us win a title, or who's departure will help us acquire the players who can.

His job is to make the Broncos champions...his loyalty should be to the team, not the player. His decisions shouldn't be swayed by the media or fans.

errand
02-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Exactly!!!

Orton?!

We need to be more concerned about whether or not our opponents can be stopped by a defense that hasn't been able to stop you me or anyone else for that matter.

QB is the least of our problems...regardless of who our QB is.

mkporter
02-02-2011, 02:56 PM

IMO, we trade him if we can get good value for him (2nd rounder), we keep him if we can't (5th rounder). There is value in keeping him on the team, but there is also value in drafting another young, talented d-lineman, or safety, or whatever.

errand
02-02-2011, 02:57 PM

That would be his last three seasons....he's averaged 20 TD's, 10 int's and 3,300 yards.....that's pretty good production no matter who you compare him to.

errand
02-02-2011, 03:00 PM
This makes a lot of sense. I'm not a Tebow guy, but I really don't want to see Orton back. I rather give this Tebow experiment a shot for a year to see if he can become a legit QB.

Orton isn't going to lead this team anywhere, so I'm hoping that this is Elway's way of creating value for him.

the way i see it is the Broncos were 6-2 when Orton was our QB and the defense showed up.....We can win with him, or Tebow...if the defense can keep chumps from from running all over them

errand
02-02-2011, 03:04 PM

Elway isn't married to either QB...he could trade both for all we know.

errand
02-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Very well said.

Problem is that orton despite being a class act, is also a guy who's young and wants to be a starter. He's too competitive to sit and wait to see if Tebow gets injured or struggles. Having a good guy as back-up is great...but having a QB controversy sucks.

Riley
02-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Very well said.

Orton would be neither a great mentor nor a good backup.
He showed that in the final three games.
He is mopey, pouts along the sideline and
is NOT supportive of Tebow in any way.

He is a pretty good QB with a bad attitude right now in Denver...
and he will do great wherever he lands around the league....
he would NOT, however, be happy backing up Tim.

Kyle really will do the best he can do, with a fresh start.
He needs new fans who dont know who he really is... (NOT a finisher.)

Hogan11
02-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Elway isn't married to either QB...he could trade both for all we know.

Elway isn't.....but a large portion of the fanbase are after only three games.

Riley
02-02-2011, 03:42 PM
the way i see it is the Broncos were 6-2 when Orton was our QB and the defense showed up.....We can win with him, or Tebow...if the defense can keep chumps from from running all over them

5 of those 6 games were barely wins...
real edge of your seat squeakers that could have gone either way...
and the rest of the season they went against us.

It was NOT all a bad defense...

The QB should not HAVE to win every game...
but he damn well should be able to win a few.

Kyle went 6-0...
followed by 5-18.

Not a finisher. He really is nothing special.

we need to draft a young gun in 2012.

Playing Orton... NOT finding out about Tebow now...
that simply stalls the rebuild for another year.

We know who Orton is... time to find out who Tebow is.
Sooner, rather than later.

cmhargrove
02-02-2011, 03:44 PM
John Elway said today at the Super Bowl; "If we had to play today Kyle Orton would be our staring quarterback.''

Elway also said; "It's not a foregone conclusion we're going to trade Kyle Orton.''

Hopefully, we see the following tomorrow:

John Elway said today at the Super Bowl; "There is no way, absolutely no way we would trade Brady Quinn for DeAngelo Williams. It just won't happen....ever."

Chris
02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Tim Curry?

Yes. Tim Tebow fights the devil, transsexuals and evil clowns.

Garcia Bronco
02-02-2011, 03:53 PM
I agree with both those statements made by John Elway

If we played rhis weekend, Orton would give us the best chance to win. He's a vet QB.

Tim Tebow is the future for now and Orton can start in this league and has a low contract. So Tim gets the chance for next year.

TailgateNut
02-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Orton would be neither a great mentor nor a good backup.
He showed that in the final three games.
He is mopey, pouts along the sideline and
is NOT supportive of Tebow in any way.

He is a pretty good QB with a bad attitude right now in Denver...
and he will do great wherever he lands around the league....
he would NOT, however, be happy backing up Tim.

Kyle really will do the best he can do, with a fresh start.
He needs new fans who dont know who he really is... (NOT a finisher.)

another TimBoner speaks

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-02-2011, 04:00 PM
LOL at "barely wins." HAHAHAHAHAHAH

God, that's funny.

TailgateNut
02-02-2011, 04:00 PM
5 of those 6 games were barely wins...
real edge of your seat squeakers that could have gone either way...
and the rest of the season they went against us.

It was NOT all a bad defense...
The QB should not HAVE to win every game...
but he damn well should be able to win a few.

Kyle went 6-0...
followed by 5-18.

Not a finisher. He really is nothing special.

we need to draft a young gun in 2012.

Playing Orton... NOT finding out about Tebow now...
that simply stalls the rebuild for another year.

We know who Orton is... time to find out who Tebow is.
Sooner, rather than later.

Well Kumba****ingYa.

Last tme I looked football was a team sport. Did this change recently?

yerner
02-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Elway knows what he's doing. He can see Tebow for what he is.

vancejohnson82
02-02-2011, 04:14 PM

this is intellgent :thumbsup:

schaaf
02-02-2011, 04:20 PM

a white boy^5

Hamrob
02-02-2011, 04:30 PM
If I'm looking for guys that Orton and Tebow compare to, here's my thoughts:

Tebow: Roethlisburger, Elway, Young (Playmaker)

Orton: Brian Sapp, Testeverde, Dilfer (Game Manager)

I'll take Tebow. Enough of Orton already!!!

Pony Boy
02-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Orton must have taken Elway on the Vegas trip

lostknight
02-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Honestly, just for once, I would like it to not have the front office bash the only positive thing that happened last season.

Dedhed
02-02-2011, 07:14 PM
This is nothing more than pre-draft rhetoric, folks.

StugotsIII
02-02-2011, 08:06 PM
If Elway is trying to trade Orton, he's not going to say he's a backup.

zdoor
02-02-2011, 08:24 PM
This from ESPN:

Elway won't rule out Orton in 2011
February, 2, 2011

By Bill Williamson
New Denver Broncos football czar John Elway made some headlines Wednesday when he made the rounds at the Super Bowl. Elway wouldn’t rule out Kyle Orton as the starter in 2011 even though rookie Tim Tebow started the final three games of the season.

According to the Denver Post, this is what Elway said when asked if Orton was still the team's starting quarterback: "If we had to go right now, but we've got to make a decision about where we're going to go. In my mind we've got to figure what we're going to do offensively at that position and that's why I'm not guaranteeing anybody's going to start."

Elway also added that "Kyle is definitely in the equation ... It's not a foregone conclusion that we're going to trade Kyle Orton. At all. We still have to evaluate that. A lot of people think it's an automatic, but it's not."

Little different than the original comment posted...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-02-2011, 08:31 PM
This is for all the McDumbass Nut huggers left out there. What's the difference between what McDumbass said about Cutler, and what Elway said about Orton?

Rigs11
02-02-2011, 08:34 PM
This is for all the McDumbass Nut huggers left out there. What's the difference between what McDumbass said about Cutler, and what Elway said about Orton?

The difference is that cutler is a pansy and orton is not.

TD30
02-02-2011, 08:51 PM
lets pray this is trade talk i cant take watching Orton play another game. Good luck to him wherever he may go but just go

strafen
02-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Everything is going to get settled in mini-camp.
I have total confidence in Tebow easily winning the job...

yerner
02-02-2011, 11:48 PM
a white boy^5

Exactly. Cracker what?

cutthemdown
02-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Orton probably still the better all around QB just way boring compared to Orton. Orton played well in a lot of games for us and it wasnt his fault we stunk. QBS like Cutler got a defense giving up less the 20 points a game. If we had that both our Qbs could probably win 10 games don't you think? Throw in a running game and for sure Orton could.

I think having Orton and Tebow competing not a bad idea. No reason to pull a Orton trade early unless a team offers a juicy 2nd round pick at least.

cutthemdown
02-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Everything is going to get settled in mini-camp.
I have total confidence in Tebow easily winning the job...

If thats is so its still better to let Orton play and stay for a bit. Hopefully Orton looks good again, and Tebow just looks better. Then if some team takes a hit at QB maybe we could get a more desperate market. Right now teams may be able to look at Vince Young, Carson Palmer avialable but come pre season some qb gets hurt the market could be bare.

I still think Orton would do well in Ariz where all you have to do is throw it up for fitz.

broncocalijohn
02-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Fodder being used to fertilize the growth of trade possibilities.

No team can survive half Tebow and half Orton. It must be all of one or all of the other.

I see it that way also. We either have them come in to training camp together or we make it look like we are not shopping Orton. Make teams come to us, not the other way around.

MacGruder
02-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Good, i never understood why the tebowners were so adamant about not letting the two compete for the job. I mean if tebow is so superior to orton than he should take the job soundly? right?

This is faulty logic though.. this is why it's silly when every QB compared to Tebow is said to be better.. whether it's Kyle Orton or Jake Locker.. Any QB is going to look like a better QB in non contact practices and maybe even preseason games... but the guy who is going to win you the games that mean something when the real bullets are flying is Tebow.

It's just like how every QB in the league looks better than Ben Roethlisberger yet he could win his third championship. If he didn' have those championships how would people regard him? Even with them he isn't regarded highly. People would probably say Orton looked better than him in preseason too.

To compound things Orton really plays up his fool's gold appearance by doing everything he can to avoid mistakes and put up hollow numbers even at the cost of winning games. It's clear his primary goal is putting up numbers and protecting his starting job rather than taking risks to win games.

Tebow is the complete and total opposite. He is wired to be aggressive and go for the jugular even if he risks making mistakes. You wont see Tebow LOOKING for the checkdown every time like Orton.

Dedhed
02-03-2011, 06:10 AM
This is faulty logic though.. this is why it's silly when every QB compared to Tebow is said to be better.. whether it's Kyle Orton or Jake Locker.. Any QB is going to look like a better QB in non contact practices and maybe even preseason games... but the guy who is going to win you the games that mean something when the real bullets are flying is Tebow.

It's just like how every QB in the league looks better than Ben Roethlisberger yet he could win his third championship. If he didn' have those championships how would people regard him? Even with them he isn't regarded highly. People would probably say Orton looked better than him in preseason too.

To compound things Orton really plays up his fool's gold appearance by doing everything he can to avoid mistakes and put up hollow numbers even at the cost of winning games. It's clear his primary goal is putting up numbers and protecting his starting job rather than taking risks to win games.

Tebow is the complete and total opposite. He is wired to be aggressive and go for the jugular even if he risks making mistakes. You wont see Tebow LOOKING for the checkdown every time like Orton.
I agree with this post completely, except for the part about Orton's primary goal being to put up numbers. I think he's a gritty dude who wants to win, but who lacks the ability to MAKE anything happen.

I agree completely that at this point Orton is bound to look better in practice and even exhibition simply because he's a more polished passer. That said, I think we all bore witness to the elevation of the entire team, and fan base, under Tebow.

We're simply a more competitive team with Tebow under center.

MacGruder
02-03-2011, 06:54 AM
I agree with this post completely, except for the part about Orton's primary goal being to put up numbers. I think he's a gritty dude who wants to win, but who lacks the ability to MAKE anything happen.

I agree completely that at this point Orton is bound to look better in practice and even exhibition simply because he's a more polished passer. That said, I think we all bore witness to the elevation of the entire team, and fan base, under Tebow.

We're simply a more competitive team with Tebow under center.

I am seriously worried that guys like Elway and Fox are so concerned about protecting THEIR jobs that they take what they feel is the "safe" bet in Orton because of this false perception that Tebow isn't a QB and Orton is..

I think it was this same mentality that put the nails in McD's coffin by going with Orton over Tebow. And he was in the same vulnerable situation that Elway and Fox are in.

I also think it is because people in the NFL have a very limited range of knowledge. They don't have the ability to adapt to a player as unique as Tebow. This is the real reason why Tebow is viewed as a NFL bust before he ever played IMO. They simply don't know how to deal with something that falls outside the traditional NFL play. And Tebow is about as untraditional as it comes.

People need to realize that this isn't a bad thing.. having someone as unique as Tebow is incredibly difficult if not impossible for opposing defenses to deal with for the same reason.

Riley
02-03-2011, 07:48 AM
I am seriously worried that guys like Elway and Fox are so concerned about protecting THEIR jobs that they take what they feel is the "safe" bet in Orton because of this false perception that Tebow isn't a QB and Orton is..

I think it was this same mentality that put the nails in McD's coffin by going with Orton over Tebow. And he was in the same vulnerable situation that Elway and Fox are in.

I also think it is because people in the NFL have a very limited range of knowledge. They don't have the ability to adapt to a player as unique as Tebow. This is the real reason why Tebow is viewed as a NFL bust before he ever played IMO. They simply don't know how to deal with something that falls outside the traditional NFL play. And Tebow is about as untraditional as it comes.

People need to realize that this isn't a bad thing.. having someone as unique as Tebow is incredibly difficult if not impossible for opposing defenses to deal with for the same reason.

Yes. These last few posts hit the nail on the head.
Orton looks good when there is no stress...
but folds under pressure.
McD played it safe... and it contributed to why we lost.

I hope Elway just trades Kyle to a new team...
then Fox will just have to go forward with finding out
IF Tebow has what it takes.

If Tim is NOT the guy... waiting another year to find out is crazy.

Orton is under a ONE year contract...
he will NOT sign another small contract again..
Kyle will want a long term big payday.

We trade Kyle now... we get something for him.
We play him a year? We either lose him or must pay him a ton.

It's a no brainer.

ghostofjosh
02-03-2011, 08:09 AM

Elway added; "They're going to compete for the job.'' On a possible Orton trade; "A lot of people think it's an automatic and it's not.''

Of course he is gonna say that,otherwise what leverage would he have..the guy is a car salesman afterall

Rigs11
02-03-2011, 08:56 AM

what a crock. so we should listen to you and start tebow over orton just because you said so? We have minicamps for a reason .And the rothslisberger comparison is ridicoulous. The dude has a good running game and probably one of the best defenses in the league.he better win. You guys keep clamoring for different qbs year after year without addressing the fact that our defense, run game, and special teams sucks.At least elway gets it.

vancejohnson82
02-03-2011, 08:57 AM
i wish he should have said "our starting QB probably isn't even on the roster"

KABOOM

jhns
02-03-2011, 09:42 AM

That is an easy one. First off, Elway isn't lying about looking into trades. The lie was what upset Cutler...

Second, Cutler was a 25 year old pro bowl QB that had just come off a season of 4500 yards and 27 TDs. This was his second year starting. McDaniels didn't want to tell him he was the QB but many other teams did want to tell him that. This isn't the case with Orton. If Orton gets pissed off, no one will want him. They aren't going to take a ****ty QB with an attitude problem. When Cutler got pissed off, we had teams lined up at the door waiting to give us a ton of compensation so that they could tell Cutler exactly what McDaniels didn't want to tell Cutler. Seeing as how his new team just went to the NFCCG, I will say their front office knows a lot more than McDaniels when it comes to running a team.

Popps
02-03-2011, 10:10 AM

This may just be posturing, but if it's true... I wouldn't be surprised. Orton is vastly underrated by most fans.

I'm on board with a QB competition. Only good things can come from it.

Rohirrim
02-03-2011, 10:13 AM
This may just be posturing, but if it's true... I wouldn't be surprised. Orton is vastly underrated by most fans.

I'm on board with a QB competition. Only good things can come from it.

I agree. In games, I want the guy who can get the most TDs, not the guy who sells the most shirts.

Shoemaker
02-03-2011, 11:30 AM
That is an easy one. First off, Elway isn't lying about looking into trades. The lie was what upset Cutler...

Second, Cutler was a 25 year old pro bowl QB that had just come off a season of 4500 yards and 27 TDs. This was his second year starting. McDaniels didn't want to tell him he was the QB but many other teams did want to tell him that. This isn't the case with Orton. If Orton gets pissed off, no one will want him. They aren't going to take a ****ty QB with an attitude problem. When Cutler got pissed off, we had teams lined up at the door waiting to give us a ton of compensation so that they could tell Cutler exactly what McDaniels didn't want to tell Cutler. Seeing as how his new team just went to the NFCCG, I will say their front office knows a lot more than McDaniels when it comes to running a team.

You're aware that Kyle Orton is not actually a ****ty quarterback, aren't you?

OABB
02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
I agree. In games, I want the guy who can get the most TDs, not the guy who sells the most shirts.

Me too- and it's a plus that it's the same guy!

jhns
02-03-2011, 11:58 AM
You're aware that Kyle Orton is not actually a ****ty quarterback, aren't you?

Nope.

Let me ask you this. What do you think we will get for Kyle Orton if he is traded? Do you think there will be a big bidding war? Do you think we can get even half the compensation we got for Cutler? If you don't, then you just confirmed my point. If you do, I can't really say much to you as you are an idiot.

I don't mind seeing a competition because that is how it should be. I just don't think the league agrees with your opinion of Orton. Most can see past a lot of yards in an extremely pass happy offense. We played many close games and Orton failed late in all of them. He is injured every year. He didn't score. He was outplayed by a project rookie. These are not good things.

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Let me ask you this. What do you think we will get for Kyle Orton if he is traded? Do you think there will be a big bidding war? Do you think we can get even half the compensation we got for Cutler? If you don't, then you just confirmed my point. If you do, I can't really say much to you as you are an idiot.

What someone brings back in a trade is hardly the be-all, end-all of evaluations. There are a few variables you are ignoring, like the stupidity of the people making the decisions.

Roy Williams fetched a first and third in a trade. Does that make him 10x better a WR than Randy Moss, who only fetched a 4th rounder? Please.

Dedhed
02-03-2011, 12:18 PM

Which is exactly why the guy selling the shirts should be starting. He averaged more TDs.

jhns
02-03-2011, 12:25 PM
What someone brings back in a trade is hardly the be-all, end-all of evaluations. There are a few variables you are ignoring, like the stupidity of the people making the decisions.

Roy Williams fetched a first and third in a trade. Does that make him 10x better a WR than Randy Moss, who only fetched a 4th rounder? Please.

You aren't comparing even close to similar situations. 1) Moss was old at the time of his last trade. 2) Moss has off the field concerns. 3) Moss has displayed, without a doubt, that he does not work hard when his team isn't the best.

Does Orton have these concerns?

It isn't the end all be all. It sure says a lot about what teams think of these guys though. I do hope you all are right and we find a team dumb enough to give up a ton for Orton. The stuff with the compensation wasn't to argue who was better anyways. It was to argue that Cutler could get mad because he had tons of people licking his asshole the second we acted like we were to good for him. Orton will not get that same respect. If he becomes a malcontent, he will have a very hard time finding a job.

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2011, 12:33 PM
You aren't comparing even close to similar situations. 1) Moss was old at the time of his last trade.

I'm talking about the 4th rounder NE gave up for him 4 yrs ago. He wasn't even 30 years old then. Roy Williams was only a year or two younger than him when traded.

The stuff with the compensation wasn't to argue who was better anyways. It was to argue that Cutler could get mad because he had tons of people licking his a-hole the second we acted like we were to good for him.

This is the 2nd time you've said this, yet there is zero evidence that there were any teams interested in Cutler other than Chicago and perhaps Washington. Tons?!? Please.

jhns
02-03-2011, 12:39 PM
This is the 2nd time you've said this, yet there is zero evidence that there were any teams interested in Cutler other than Chicago and perhaps Washington. Tons?!? Please.

Riiight. They just offered all of that without anyone else driving up the price.... Go look up articles from that time. There were lots of teams bidding on Cutler. We didn't even ask for near as much as they gave when the team finally said they were going to trade him. You really think they just offered a ton more than we wanted for the hell of it? Do you ever use your head?

Why are you responding to me? You are another one of the drama queens that has made it a point to let it be known that you put me on ignore. I haven't changed my posting habits at all. I don't get why people are now taking me off ignore just to continue the debated that made them cry in the first place.

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Riiight. They just offered all of that without anyone else driving up the price.... Go look up articles from that time. There were lots of teams bidding on Cutler.

Prove it. I've looked it up and there's nothing of the sort.

We didn't even ask for near as much as they gave when the team finally said they were going to trade him. You really think they just offered a ton more than we wanted for the hell of it? Do you ever use your head?

Again, prove it. Show me one article, just one, that shows that we ever said we were dangling him for any less than what we got for him.

Why are you responding to me? You are another one of the drama queens that has made it a point to let it be known that you put me on ignore. I haven't changed my posting habits at all.

Actually, you did for awhile. It was a noticeable change. But you are reverting back, as others have noticed.

Hamrob
02-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Wow. Our Broncos finished 4-12...what a huge fall...for a team that has played in 6 Superbowls...at the time of their last SB (33)...they had played in almost 20% of all Superbowl games.

At that time, the fans new what they had in John Elway...they new what to expect in a winning QB...and how rare of a talent he was.

These days...fans are actually sticking up for Kyle Orton...lobbying to make king neckbeard our QB of the future. Wow...how far have they fallen?

vancejohnson82
02-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Prove it. I've looked it up and there's nothing of the sort.

Again, prove it. Show me one article, just one, that shows that we ever said we were dangling him for any less than what we got for him.

Actually, you did for awhile. It was a noticeable change. But you are reverting back, as others have noticed.

he won't prove anything....thats the hard part about trying to hold a discussion with him

he'll come back with, you "McDaniels fans" are silly...or something of that nature

btw, how did Cutler even get BROUGHT INTO THIS CONVERSATION???

jhns
02-03-2011, 01:03 PM
I haven't changed what I post Bean. You think so because I haven't had to point out that Orton sucks as much now that most everyone agrees. It is only you and very few others that actually try claiming he is good at this point. Just ask people that still talk about and defend McDaniels if I have changed. For some reason the only person you seem to care about on this team is Orton, which is both funny and sad...

Anyways, the very first search result of hundreds when looking up teams interested in Cutler: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11954932

This is what drove Cutlers price tag. Teams don't just give up that much if they are the only ones bidding. They wait until the other team realizes they have no other options and get that player for cheap when that is the case. This is all very simple stuff. Your logic is very weird.

Hogan11
02-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Wow. Our Broncos finished 4-12...what a huge fall...for a team that has played in 6 Superbowls...at the time of their last SB (33)...they had played in almost 20% of all Superbowl games.

At that time, the fans new what they had in John Elway...they new what to expect in a winning QB...and how rare of a talent he was.

These days...fans are actually sticking up for Kyle Orton...lobbying to make king neckbeard our QB of the future. Wow...how far have they fallen?

We'll find out if Orton happens to get the nod over Tebow for 2011 starting QB. Will fans so taken with Tebow question/cross/trash Elway/Fox if that takes place? That's almost as interesting a question as the QB debate itself.

jhns
02-03-2011, 01:07 PM
he won't prove anything....thats the hard part about trying to hold a discussion with him

he'll come back with, you "McDaniels fans" are silly...or something of that nature

You need to figure out the fan groupings a little better. Bean is an Orton fanboy. You are a McDaniels fan....

If you really care about how a conversation got to where it is.... Read the conversation. Not that this kind of stupidity isn't expected from you McDaniels fans. Don't worry though, I'm here to point out the obvious for you.

jhns
02-03-2011, 01:11 PM
We'll find out if Orton happens to get the nod over Tebow for 2011 starting QB. Will fans so taken with Tebow question/cross/trash Elway/Fox if that takes place? That's almost as interesting a question as the QB debate itself.

I would sure question them. Tebow outplayed Orton last season as a rookie. Orton was in the second year of the system and had McDaniels here calling plays. When they actually were on the field, Tebow showed he was the better QB. I would question them saying Orton was better based on practice.

That all said, Orton could actually be a good QB for what Fox may want to do. Orton would be decent on a defensive team looking for a ball control offense. He still needs to learn to elevate his game when the game is close late though. Orton just may be the least clutch QB I have ever seen.

vancejohnson82
02-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Riiight. They just offered all of that without anyone else driving up the price.... Go look up articles from that time. There were lots of teams bidding on Cutler. We didn't even ask for near as much as they gave when the team finally said they were going to trade him. You really think they just offered a ton more than we wanted for the hell of it? Do you ever use your head?

Why are you responding to me? You are another one of the drama queens that has made it a point to let it be known that you put me on ignore. I haven't changed my posting habits at all. I don't get why people are now taking me off ignore just to continue the debated that made them cry in the first place.

Prove this....

as I can see, there were 4 serious bidders (Bucs, Lions, Skins, Bears)

jhns
02-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Prove this....

You prove there weren't. How about that?

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2011, 01:17 PM
I haven't changed what I post Bean. You think so because I haven't had to point out that Orton sucks as much now that most everyone agrees. It is only you and very few others that actually try claiming he is good at this point. Just ask people that still talk about and defend McDaniels if I have changed. For some reason the only person you seem to care about on this team is Orton, which is both funny and sad....

What on Earth are you talking about? I haven't once even mentioned Orton's name in the last month or two. Haven't defended him or talked him up or anything. Yet he's "all I care about on this team". Right.

Anyways, the very first search result of hundreds when looking up teams interested in Cutler: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11954932.

Great, an unnamed NFL source claimed "more than 10" teams have called the Broncos this week inquiring about Cutler. That's your proof? I can find articles with unnamed NFL sources claiming just about anything. That's not proof of anything

And I'm still waiting on my other challenge. C'mon now. Show me one article, just one, that shows that we ever said we were dangling him for any less than what we got for him.

Missouribronc
02-03-2011, 01:18 PM
I haven't changed what I post Bean. You think so because I haven't had to point out that Orton sucks as much now that most everyone agrees. It is only you and very few others that actually try claiming he is good at this point. Just ask people that still talk about and defend McDaniels if I have changed. For some reason the only person you seem to care about on this team is Orton, which is both funny and sad...

Anyways, the very first search result of hundreds when looking up teams interested in Cutler: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11954932

This is what drove Cutlers price tag. Teams don't just give up that much if they are the only ones bidding. They wait until the other team realizes they have no other options and get that player for cheap when that is the case. This is all very simple stuff. Your logic is very weird.

Did you just spend the entire back half of last week discounting a report by Mike Klis because he used an "NFL Source," and then use Mike Klis citing an "NFL Source," to back up your point here?

Yes. Yes you did.

vancejohnson82
02-03-2011, 01:21 PM
You prove there weren't. How about that?

this is exactly why people have you on ignore...

jhns
02-03-2011, 01:23 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/jaycutler/ci_12042703

Another article covering exactly what I am saying. Good thing Elway knows these basics. Notice the stuff about how you can't just say a player is going to be traded unless.... It says a lot about both situations.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM

So you'll believe that unnamed source in a Klis column, but not the three unnamed NFL sources in Klis' column last week stating that Cutler demanded a trade the day McDaniels was announced as HC.

You're a hypocrite. And not even a clever hypocrite.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Did you just spend the entire back half of last week discounting a report by Mike Klis because he used an "NFL Source," and then use Mike Klis citing an "NFL Source," to back up your point here?

Yes. Yes you did.

beat me to it.

vancejohnson82
02-03-2011, 01:26 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/jaycutler/ci_12042703

Another article covering exactly what I am saying. Good thing Elway knows these basics. Notice the stuff about how you can't just say a player is going to be traded unless.... It says a lot about both situations.

this article completely ruins your argument...

it states

a) only 5 teams (with Vikes and Jets listed) were seriously interested

b) that a good haul would have been a 1st rounder and another pick (we got a LOT more)

jhns
02-03-2011, 01:27 PM
http://www.faniq.com/blog/Jay-Cutler-Will-Be-Traded-By-Denver-Broncos-Teams-Interested-In-Trading-For-Cutler-Blog-21564

Teams that expressed immidiate interest. In other words, teams that drove up Cutler price. I have lots of these. Just let me know when that common sense alarm starts going off in your head.

Missouribronc
02-03-2011, 01:28 PM
beat me to it.

He could have at least used a different writer, and then claimed the writer had better sources based off previous articles, or something. I mean, if I'm going to be so vehement in my argument, I'd at least be consistent.

vancejohnson82
02-03-2011, 01:30 PM
http://www.faniq.com/blog/Jay-Cutler-Will-Be-Traded-By-Denver-Broncos-Teams-Interested-In-Trading-For-Cutler-Blog-21564

Teams that expressed immidiate interest. In other words, teams that drove up Cutler price. I have lots of these. Just let me know when that common sense alarm starts going off in your head.

hahaha...a blog source...nice

jhns
02-03-2011, 01:30 PM
this article completely ruins your argument...

it states

a) only 5 teams (with Vikes and Jets listed) were seriously interested

b) that a good haul would have been a 1st rounder and another pick (we got a LOT more)

Ummm, you are a true McDaniels fan.

A) The claim by Bean is that only Chicago and maybe Washington had interest. What is the bigger number here? 2? 5? I'll let the McDaniels fan break out his calculator and figure it out.

B) Exactly. The price went up as bidding went on. This is my entire point.

Do you ever even try to make sense?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Still no response to dogging Klis for his column last week, then using a Klis to bolster his argument this week.

You're a cute little Cutlerbitch aren't you?

vancejohnson82
02-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Ummm, you are a true McDaniels fan.

A) The claim by Bean is that only Chicago and maybe Washington had interest. What is the bigger number here? 2? 5? I'll let the McDaniels fan break out his calculator and figure it out.

B) Exactly. The price went up as bidding went on. This is my entire point.

Do you ever even try to make sense?

you said there were a TON....A TON....A TON of teams interested in Cutler...

the only teams interested were two bottom feeders, an owner that LOVES big signings and Chicago

you're a moron...you make statements, then can't back them up for ****, then go and label people "Silly _____ fan"

jhns
02-03-2011, 01:37 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/31/Cutler.Broncos/index.html?eref=writers

Here is Peter Kings thoughts on the situation.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2011, 01:38 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/31/Cutler.Broncos/index.html?eref=writers

Translation: Here's a piece of ****. Eat it.

Still waiting for a response to your hypocrisy.

HAT
02-03-2011, 01:39 PM
You're a cute little Cutlerb**** aren't you?

Didn't you know?

Jay
Has
No
Shortcomings

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Jhns, I'm still waiting for that proof that we didn't even ask for near as much as what they ended up getting for him.

vancejohnson82
02-03-2011, 01:41 PM
so the Lions and Jets went with rookie QBs instead of Cutler....i would have loved to see his mopey ass in New York....if he thinks Chicago fans are rough on him, he wouldnt have been allowed back in the state if he pulled that **** in the AFC championship game on the Jets

jhns
02-03-2011, 01:41 PM
What on Earth are you talking about? I haven't once even mentioned Orton's name in the last month or two. Haven't defended him or talked him up or anything. Yet he's "all I care about on this team". Right.

Great, an unnamed NFL source claimed "more than 10" teams have called the Broncos this week inquiring about Cutler. That's your proof? I can find articles with unnamed NFL sources claiming just about anything. That's not proof of anything

And I'm still waiting on my other challenge. C'mon now. Show me one article, just one, that shows that we ever said we were dangling him for any less than what we got for him.

I just state the obvious bean.

I am giving you lots of articles, hold onto your panties. If you think I'm getting you phone transcripts from the calls made to Dove Valley, you're an idiot. I can only point out what is common sense.

Why don't you show what we asked for? Why are you claiming I need to do all the work? You are the one arguing with what I said and you have brought nothing to the table.

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2011, 01:42 PM

Thoughts don't equal proof. Sorry genius.

Missouribronc
02-03-2011, 01:44 PM

I am giving you lots of articles, hold onto your panties. If you think I'm getting you phone transcripts from the calls made to Dove Valley, you're an idiot. I can only point out what is common sense.

Why don't you show what we asked for? Why are you claiming I need to do all the work? You are the one arguing with what I said and you have brought nothing to the table.

Last week, speculation and unnamed sources weren't good info.

This week...good as Gold.

jhns
02-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Still no response to dogging Klis for his column last week, then using a Klis to bolster his argument this week.

You're a cute little Cutlerb**** aren't you?

Kid, you just aren't that smart. I haven't once claimed that what he said was a fact because he said it. I am pulling multiple sources that say the same thing and even then not claiming that they know for sure.

I am pointing out that it is pretty common knowledge that multiple teams were interested. Some of these articles are being linked to because they have information on how it is just basic common sense that multiple teams were interested. The price wouldn't have been what it was if they weren't interested and this team couldn't have just come out and said Cutler is gone if they didn't know there was going to be a bidding war. Just look at what Elway said about Orton...

jhns
02-03-2011, 01:46 PM
you said there were a TON....A TON....A TON of teams interested in Cutler...

the only teams interested were two bottom feeders, an owner that LOVES big signings and Chicago

you're a moron...you make statements, then can't back them up for ****, then go and label people "Silly _____ fan"

Dude, I am going to continue posting articles. You haven't let me finish. I am on a slow ass phone. Get ahold of yourself.

McDaniels fans are such drama queens.

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2011, 01:47 PM

I am giving you lots of articles, hold onto your panties.

Lot's of articles, but no proof. Not even 3rd party heresay. Literally all you are providing is people's thoughts and opinions on the matter. Nothing even remotely solid. So far, the only facts presented in those articles are that the Broncos themselves contacted teams to gather info and gauge interest. That's it. MAYBE as many as ten teams called them, but even that is meaningless without knowing their true intentions or if they even made an informal trade proposal. We have none of that info, yet you are pretending like it's there.

Because the burden of proof is not on me. You made the claims. And, as usual, you try to make everyone else try to disprove something you made up. It doesn't work that way. The burden of proof is not on the "disprover" of made up events. It's like me asking you to prove that we didn't offer the Pats two first rounders for Vince Wilfork last year. Technically, you could'nt prove we didn't.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2011, 01:50 PM

You know the answer to this. Jay's personal publicist and defender and jizz collector jhns brought the trade of Cutler into the discussion because we're talking about Orton and Elway and Tebow. Just like he brings McDaniels into every discussion, regardless of topic, he brings his primary protein supplier into discussions because, as far as i can figure, he's obsessed.

broncogary
02-03-2011, 01:50 PM
..h. I am on a slow ass phone. Get ahold of yourself.

McDaniels fans are such drama queens.

Is that something like a shoe phone? ;D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Kid, you just aren't that smart. I haven't once claimed that what he said was a fact because he said it. I am pulling multiple sources that say the same thing and even then not claiming that they know for sure.

I am pointing out that it is pretty common knowledge that multiple teams were interested. Some of these articles are being linked to because they have information on how it is just basic common sense that multiple teams were interested. The price wouldn't have been what it was if they weren't interested and this team couldn't have just come out and said Cutler is gone if they didn't know there was going to be a bidding war. Just look at what Elway said about Orton...

No, "kid," it was common speculation that multiple teams were interested. There is no proof of this whatsoever.

But please continue to post your personal cache of articles on your obsession, Jay Cutler. In a Kyle Orton/John Elway thread. Because it makes sense.

"Kid."

OABB
I love watching jhns work. It's hilarious.

baja
So am I allowed to say jhns is getting his ass kicked by half a dozen people here?

KO5K
02-03-2011, 01:53 PM

Among the teams certain to be interested are Tampa Bay, the New York Jets and Detroit, which holds the No. 1 pick in this year's draft. But the Lions may have been swayed to pick Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford No. 1 overall after his impressive workout Tuesday on the Georgia campus.

Other teams are likely to be interested, including Cleveland, Minnesota, San Francisco and possibly Carolina. It's a virtual certainty that the Bucs and Jets, both without a bonafide No. 1 quarterback entering the draft, will bid aggressively for Cutler.

It doesn't even confirm that any of these teams were interested, just that they ought to be.

I could list of 5 or 6 teams that should be interested in Kyle Orton for goodness sake.

Your second source was from a blog which was just a repeat of your original source written by the very guy who you have been disregarding all week.

What a cluster**** of fail. Typical Quitler fan.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-03-2011, 01:54 PM

http://www.hitjokes.com/pics/Humour/Obsession_For_Men.jpg

jhns
02-03-2011, 01:56 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-cutlertrade033109

Another writter saying the exact same thing.

jhns
02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Lot's of articles, but no proof. Not even 3rd party heresay. Literally all you are providing is people's thoughts and opinions on the matter. Nothing even remotely solid. So far, the only facts presented in those articles are that the Broncos themselves contacted teams to gather info and gauge interest. That's it. MAYBE as many as ten teams called them, but even that is meaningless without knowing their true intentions or if they even made an informal trade proposal. We have none of that info, yet you are pretending like it's there.

Because the burden of proof is not on me. You made the claims. And, as usual, you try to make everyone else try to disprove something you made up. It doesn't work that way. The burden of proof is not on the "disprover" of made up events. It's like me asking you to prove that we didn't offer the Pats two first rounders for Vince Wilfork last year. Technically, you could'nt prove we didn't.

Ummm, all but one of them are 3rd party hearsay. You don't even read as you claim they don't say stuff? Wtf?

Fine, show me the exact quotes from my posts that you want me to prove.

Everything I am saying and showing in these articles is basic. It is funny that some of you are arguing with it.

jhns
02-03-2011, 02:05 PM

No evidence huh? I just posted a lot of evidence. You kids are just ridiculous.

Miss I.
02-03-2011, 02:05 PM
oh shiat, are we trading Jay...damn, move to England for 2 years and ya miss a few things....;D

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Ummm, all but one of them are 3rd party hearsay. You don't even read as you claim they don't say stuff? Wtf?

Dude, that is not hearsay. Do you know what hearsay is?

If one of these authors was stating that they heard "X" stated by someone else, that's hearsay. An author simply stating their opinion about something based off what they think someone should do (which is all your articles are doing) is not hearsay.

Beantown Bronco
02-03-2011, 02:10 PM
No evidence huh? I just posted a lot of evidence. You kids are just ridiculous.

One person's opinion about whether someone else should do something, without the author actually speaking to that person or seeing if that person has any actual interest whatsoever in doing said thing, is not evidence of anything.

baja
02-03-2011, 02:14 PM
One person's opinion about whether someone else should do something, without the author actually speaking to that person or seeing if that person has any actual interest whatsoever in doing said thing, is not evidence of anything.

Careful you are arguing with the smartest person in the room. :D

jhns
02-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Dude, that is not hearsay. Do you know what hearsay is?

If one of these authors was stating that they heard "X" stated by someone else, that's hearsay. An author simply stating their opinion about something based off what they think someone should do (which is all your articles are doing) is not hearsay.

Learn to read. All but one of those articles says "according to multiple league sources"....

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/02/espn-broncos-want-two-firsts-for-cutler/

There. The team wanted two firsts. This was after talking to multiple teams to guage a price. We got a starting QB and a 3rd out of the deal. I bet they just threw those in because no one else was interested though. I bet we are lucky to get even just a 3rd for Orton, which shows the value.

You need to learn simple economics.

jhns
02-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Careful you are arguing with the smartest person that has ever been in this room. :D

Fixed.

jhns
02-03-2011, 02:17 PM
oh shiat, are we trading Jay...damn, move to England for 2 years and ya miss a few things....;D

I sure hope not. I'm not sure I would ever approve of a coach willing to do something that dumb.

jhns
02-03-2011, 02:23 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/04/01/2009-04-01_jets_show_they_are_mile_high_about_bronc.html

Just a little more of the fake evidence that more than 2 teams were interested in Cutler. This one has some good points about prices being driven up by demand and that sort of thing as well.

Broncos_OTM
02-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Hey look another cutler debate. Damn you guys are good camouflageing cutler debates..... hey guys cutler is not a bronco any longer. Who gives a ****

OABB
02-03-2011, 03:45 PM
I sure hope not. I'm not sure I would ever approve of a coach willing to do something that dumb.

I'm not sure I'd approve of a coach that would give up two firsts for Jeff George jr.

Broncos_OTM
02-03-2011, 03:46 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/04/01/2009-04-01_jets_show_they_are_mile_high_about_bronc.html

Just a little more of the fake evidence that more than 2 teams were interested in Cutler. This one has some good points about prices being driven up by demand and that sort of thing as well.
Really we dont give a flying **** about cutler. Its called acceptance, i hope you find it. Cant change **** so why boher.

TailgateNut
02-03-2011, 03:58 PM
No, "kid," it was common speculation that multiple teams were interested. There is no proof of this whatsoever.

But please continue to post your personal cache of articles on your obsession, Jay Cutler. In a Kyle Orton/John Elway thread. Because it makes sense.

"Kid."

jhizz calling anyone a "kid" is ****ing hilarious.

jhns
02-03-2011, 04:03 PM
Really we dont give a flying **** about cutler. Its called acceptance, i hope you find it. Cant change **** so why boher.

It seems someone did give a **** as I was asked to prove these things. I seem to give a **** as I went through with proving these things. You seem to give a **** as you are crying about it. It is just as easy to skip it and move on.

I have accepted it and am happy with the direction of the Broncos. Once McDaniels left, none of this mattered anymore. It doesn't mean it isn't fun to debate it. People obviously haven't moved on as they argue about this **** all the time.

It is also pretty entertaining to see the drama queens of the orange mane make themselves look like dumbasses. "Demand doesn't drive price! We is smart!"

jhns
02-03-2011, 04:08 PM
jhizz calling anyone a "kid" is ****ing hilarious.

Would child be better, kid?

cutthemdown
02-03-2011, 04:11 PM
I still don't think there are 30 better qbs then Orton. As long as you have a team where Orton would be better then what they have, or add a bkup plan, he could be worth a draft pick or 2. It has nothing to do with defending Mcdaniels or comparing him to Cutler.

tsiguy96
02-03-2011, 04:12 PM
It seems someone did give a **** as I was asked to prove these things. I seem to give a **** as I went through with proving these things. You seem to give a **** as you are crying about it. It is just as easy to skip it and move on.

I have accepted it and am happy with the direction of the Broncos. Once McDaniels left, none of this mattered anymore. It doesn't mean it isn't fun to debate it. People obviously haven't moved on as they argue about this **** all the time.

It is also pretty entertaining to see the drama queens of the orange mane make themselves look like dumbasses. "Demand doesn't drive price! We is smart!"

ahahahahaha, you are delusional!

jhns
02-03-2011, 04:15 PM
ahahahahaha, you are delusional!

Ummm, I am in the middle of most of these arguments. We are arguing about it now.

I think you are just stupid.

Why are you responding to me? Again, another person that goes on and on about me being on ignore. Are you girls really that big of drama queens?

jhns
02-03-2011, 04:17 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/sports/football/02cutler.html

"As many as 10 teams could enter the Cutler sweepstakes, and names of teams that surfaced Wednesday included the Jets, Tampa Bay, Detroit and Washington."

There, proof that 5 teams were there. This is a statement by a New York Times writer. So pretty much every publication says the same thing and still McDaniels fans and Orton fanboys don't get it.

Funny stuff.

vancejohnson82
02-03-2011, 05:07 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/sports/football/02cutler.html

"As many as 10 teams could enter the Cutler sweepstakes, and names of teams that surfaced Wednesday included the Jets, Tampa Bay, Detroit and Washington."

There, proof that 5 teams were there. This is a statement by a New York Times writer. So pretty much every publication says the same thing and still McDaniels fans and Orton fanboys don't get it.

Funny stuff.

And the Jets and the Lions decided that taking a chance on a rookie was better than taking the malcontent

I'm interested in buying a 5 series....aka, I'll look at the price tag and then walk away shaking my head....basically what most teams (other than 2 or 3) did

we got more than value for that mopey sack of MCL

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
02-03-2011, 07:19 PM

Bingo! That's the difference. I feel great about where Elway is take this team already!

TheReverend
02-03-2011, 08:07 PM
And the Jets and the Lions decided that taking a chance on a rookie was better than taking the malcontent

I'm interested in buying a 5 series....aka, I'll look at the price tag and then walk away shaking my head....basically what most teams (other than 2 or 3) did

we got more than value for that mopey sack of MCL

???

"Cut us in on any Jay Cutler deal" - Jets

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/03/22/2009-03-22_cut_us_in_on_any_jay_cutler_deal_jets_te.html

"Also, the Lions approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler, trying to dangle Cassel as bait. Once again, Denver debated the deal and opted against it apparently."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80efe755&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Missouribronc
02-03-2011, 08:13 PM
???

"Cut us in on any Jay Cutler deal" - Jets

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2009/03/22/2009-03-22_cut_us_in_on_any_jay_cutler_deal_jets_te.html

"Also, the Lions approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler, trying to dangle Cassel as bait. Once again, Denver debated the deal and opted against it apparently."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80efe755&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Once again confirming that anonymous sources are ok to use when it supports your argument.

Jayhns, any comment?

Miss I.
02-03-2011, 10:06 PM
Hey, did you guys hear? Michael Jackson died. Oh wait, this news says that was in 2009! What? My Gosh we get news here late. It also says Jay Cutler was traded, oh again that was in 2009? What? Oh my gosh, 2 years ago? So we aren't trading him anymore? Well that sure explains the QB at the Wembley game not being Jay Cutler now. It's all clear.

Hey anybody got news on 2011? Or do you think perchance we might actually start talking about things that actually are current events? just curious because while trading Jay may or may not have been mistake, who the hell cares now? There is NOTHING to be done. He ain't coming back...

zdoor
02-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Saw this on the Fat Mans blog:

I'll be doing a Playbook series on this later in the offseason (in fact, I may review every single one of Orton's 3rd-down throws in 2010, complete with diagrams), but despite what Elway says, Orton is not a better quarterback than Tebow.  The results do not lie.  Sure, you can point to the fact that Orton has better footwork or more experience reading defenses, but Orton made some bad decisions on 3rd down this year.  Preposterous, you say?  It's really not.  I hate to bring these stats to light (again, since they will be part of the article), but Kyle Orton is a 3rd-down waiting for a launch that never appears.  Here's three stats that should scare the hell out of you if you want to see Kyle Orton under center next year:

In 2010, Orton ranked 13th in the AFC in 1st-down completion percentage on 3rd down when having 3 yards or fewer to gain.  He ranked 28th in the entire NFL.
In 2010, Orton ranked 11th in the AFC in 1st-down completion percentage on 3rd down with 3 to 7 yards to gain.  He ranked 19th in the entire NFL.
In 2010, Orton ranked 14th in the AFC in 1st-down completion percentage on 3rd and longer than 7 yards.  He ranked 28th in the entire NFL.

Broncos_OTM
02-04-2011, 12:20 AM

Dude i opened this thread expecting to read about our currnt qb situation. To only see it derailed.its fing amazeing how people just cant move on. Every time i open a thread i see you argueong about it. The thread could be titled "my flowers wont grow any ideas" and id see you in it argueong about cutler. Now that i know what this thread is about i most likely read it again... its done...cutler is a bear ...lets talk current events and not derail it with **** that is no more.

Jay3
02-04-2011, 04:33 AM

I'll be doing a Playbook series on this later in the offseason (in fact, I may review every single one of Orton's 3rd-down throws in 2010, complete with diagrams), but despite what Elway says, Orton is not a better quarterback than Tebow.  The results do not lie.  Sure, you can point to the fact that Orton has better footwork or more experience reading defenses, but Orton made some bad decisions on 3rd down this year.  Preposterous, you say?  It's really not.  I hate to bring these stats to light (again, since they will be part of the article), but Kyle Orton is a 3rd-down waiting for a launch that never appears.  Here's three stats that should scare the hell out of you if you want to see Kyle Orton under center next year:

In 2010, Orton ranked 13th in the AFC in 1st-down completion percentage on 3rd down when having 3 yards or fewer to gain.  He ranked 28th in the entire NFL.
In 2010, Orton ranked 11th in the AFC in 1st-down completion percentage on 3rd down with 3 to 7 yards to gain.  He ranked 19th in the entire NFL.
In 2010, Orton ranked 14th in the AFC in 1st-down completion percentage on 3rd and longer than 7 yards.  He ranked 28th in the entire NFL.

I'll check out the blog entry later on at work, but I'm not understanding how third down and first down both get mentioned in the las two sentences. I reads kind of like Sex Panther, 60% of the time it works every time.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-04-2011, 06:44 AM
I'll check out the blog entry later on at work, but I'm not understanding how third down and first down both get mentioned in the las two sentences. I reads kind of like Sex Panther, 60% of the time it works every time.

I believe that on third down, he completed a first-down pass (that is, got the team a first down) X% of the time.

jhns
02-04-2011, 07:08 AM
Dude i opened this thread expecting to read about our currnt qb situation. To only see it derailed.its fing amazeing how people just cant move on. Every time i open a thread i see you argueong about it. The thread could be titled "my flowers wont grow any ideas" and id see you in it argueong about cutler. Now that i know what this thread is about i most likely read it again... its done...cutler is a bear ...lets talk current events and not derail it with **** that is no more.

I think you need to talk to those that derail the threads then. I post on topic to the posts I am responding to.

Anyways, no thread or conversation stays on topic for 20 pages... It just doesn't happen. Conversations evolve. You can only say so many things about Elways comments or a roster move. I would recommend you just never read past page two on any thread if this really upsets you.

jhns
02-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Once again confirming that anonymous sources are ok to use when it supports your argument.

Jayhns, any comment?

Yup. You are a dumbass. First off, there are direct quotes from teams and even Bowlen in these articles. Second, I posted many sources saying the same thing, not one source that was contradicted by everyone in the situation. If you find me Bowlen and McDaniels saying that teams weren't interested in Cutler, you would sure have a point.

I know this is way too complicated for a McDaniels fan though. Of course you don't see the difference. Real named sources vs no named sources. No one from the situation contradicting what unnamed sources say vs everyone in the situation saying the opposite of what one unnamed source claimed. One guy claiming something that doesn't make sense vs multiple sources claiming the exact same thing.

You have already paid for your education in this country if you pay your taxes. Why not take advantage of this fact?

oubronco
02-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Hey, did you guys hear? Michael Jackson died. Oh wait, this news says that was in 2009! What? My Gosh we get news here late. It also says Jay Cutler was traded, oh again that was in 2009? What? Oh my gosh, 2 years ago? So we aren't trading him anymore? Well that sure explains the QB at the Wembley game not being Jay Cutler now. It's all clear.

Hey anybody got news on 2011? Or do you think perchance we might actually start talking about things that actually are current events? just curious because while trading Jay may or may not have been mistake, who the hell cares now? There is NOTHING to be done. He ain't coming back...

:thanku:

zdoor
02-04-2011, 07:40 AM

The whole article will make it clear. Its worth reading anyways...

As for Elway's comments, I think its fodder for the most part... IMO the only chance that Orton is starter is if we have a prolonged lockout/strike. In that scenario he won't be traded before the draft and Tebow will likely suffer some tapering off in his development due to not being able to work with the staff. Even then though I think Orton starting is a long shot and likely short term...

The guy (Orton) is servicable but mediocre at best. Reminds me of Brad Johnson 2.0. The only chance we would have of winning with him is if the D is stellar. The guy is not a playmaker when it matters most. His stats are so inflated its ridiculous. I would really love to see what they looked like if you removed what he racked up when games where out of reach. To me he's painful to watch...

Just my opinion. If you want the guy starting great for you but give me Tebow 6 days a week and twice on Sunday.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Yup. You are a dumbass. First off, there are direct quotes from teams and even Bowlen in these articles. Second, I posted many sources saying the same thing, not one source that was contradicted by everyone in the situation. If you find me Bowlen and McDaniels saying that teams weren't interested in Cutler, you would sure have a point.

I know this is way too complicated for a McDaniels fan though. Of course you don't see the difference. Real named sources vs no named sources. No one from the situation contradicting what unnamed sources say vs everyone in the situation saying the opposite of what one unnamed source claimed. One guy claiming something that doesn't make sense vs multiple sources claiming the exact same thing.

You have already paid for your education in this country if you pay your taxes. Why not take advantage of this fact?

Still not a Cutler thread, moron. Shut the **** up. Nobody gives a **** about your hero Jay Cutler.

We know you like it when he shoots hot ropes across your willing face, but could you keep that to yourself for a change? We don't want to hear about it.

Missouribronc
02-04-2011, 07:42 AM

As for Elway's comments, I think its fodder for the most part... IMO the only chance that Orton is starter is if we have a prolonged lockout/strike. In that scenario he won't be traded before the draft and Tebow will likely suffer some tapering off in his development due to not being able to work with the staff. Even then though I think Orton starting is a long shot and likely short term...

The guy (Orton) is servicable but mediocre at best. Reminds me of Brad Johnson 2.0. The only chance we would have of winning with him is if the D is stellar. The guy is not a playmaker when it matters most. His stats are so inflated its ridiculous. I would really love to see what they looked like if you removed what he racked up when games where out of reach. To me he's painful to watch...

Just my opinion. If you want the guy starting great for you but give me Tebow 6 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Would you compare him to, say, Jake Delhomme?

oubronco
02-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway reiterated that "it's going to take some time" for Tim Tebow to be a great quarterback.

"What he is as a man, as a player, his intangibles, those all came true," said Elway. "Now we've just got to get him the experience and get him the work to continue to improve him as a quarterback." Elway characterized Kyle Orton as the holdover starter. Unless the Broncos get fair value in a trade, Orton could enter the season atop the depth chart with Tebow continuing to learn from the sidelines.
Source: Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_17288637?source=rss)
Related: Kyle Orton (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_relatednews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3214)

CEH
02-04-2011, 08:02 AM
Broncos VP of Football Operations John Elway reiterated that "it's going to take some time" for Tim Tebow to be a great quarterback.

"What he is as a man, as a player, his intangibles, those all came true," said Elway. "Now we've just got to get him the experience and get him the work to continue to improve him as a quarterback." Elway characterized Kyle Orton as the holdover starter. Unless the Broncos get fair value in a trade, Orton could enter the season atop the depth chart with Tebow continuing to learn from the sidelines.
Source: Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_17288637?source=rss)
Related: Kyle Orton (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_relatednews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3214)

Orton's burn that bridge with Tebow. Elway on the radio this morning even alluded to the tension between the two is real

No way Orton comes back. What if he does and Tebow wins the job. Then what. Orton will not be a happy camper . He wasn't last year for just 3 games. Imagine 16 games

Beantown Bronco
02-04-2011, 08:06 AM
Orton's burn that bridge with Tebow. Elway on the radio this morning even alluded to the tension between the two is real

No way Orton comes back. What if he does and Tebow wins the job. Then what. Orton will not be a happy camper . He wasn't last year for just 3 games. Imagine 16 games

I never heard a peep out of him when the Bears handed Grossman the starting job over him after Orton started the previous season. Why assume he's all of a sudden going to freak out and handle things differently now?

TheReverend
02-04-2011, 08:13 AM

Jayhns, any comment?

So you consider the General Manager of the Jets an anonymous source when he openly speaks about the Jets interests?

CEH
02-04-2011, 08:14 AM
I never heard a peep out of him when the Bears handed Grossman the starting job over him after Orton started the previous season. Why assume he's all of a sudden going to freak out and handle things differently now?

Read the new thread by Kaylore. It's pretty common knowledge around town the two don't like each other and this started last year during the last 3 games. Reporters that went into the lockerrom could sense the tension
Kyle thinks he can still start in this league so he will not be happy sitting on the bench for 16 games at 28 years old

JMO

Beantown Bronco
02-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Read the new thread by Kaylore. It's pretty common knowledge around town the two don't like each other and this started last year during the last 3 games. Reporters that went into the lockerrom could sense the tension
Kyle thinks he can still start in this league so he will not be happy sitting on the bench for 16 games at 28 years old

JMO

I'm not disputing any of this.

Of course he won't be happy. No starter is, when relegated to the backup position. Doesn't mean he's going to freak out to the point of forcing a trade, though. I'm sure he and Grossman didn't get along all that well and I'm sure he wasn't happy about being replaced in Chicago. Did he freak out and make the news then?

CEH
02-04-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm not disputing any of this.

Of course he won't be happy. No starter is, when relegated to the backup position. Doesn't mean he's going to freak out to the point of forcing a trade, though. I'm sure he and Grossman didn't get along all that well and I'm sure he wasn't happy about being replaced in Chicago. Did he freak out and make the news then?

He's 28 years old not a 2nd year rookie. That's my point. Apples and oranges at this point in time 5 years later.

Can't make it any more clear. Time and circumstances are different

strafen
02-04-2011, 08:30 AM

Well said.
BTW, I saw Brad Johnson play, and he's twice the QB Orton is.

Beantown Bronco
02-04-2011, 08:32 AM
He's 28 years old not a 2nd year rookie. That's my point. Apples and oranges at this point in time 5 years later.

Can't make it any more clear. Time and circumstances are different

So he's gotten LESS mature at 28 than he was at 23? Really? That's what you're going with?

vancejohnson82
02-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Well said.
BTW, I saw Brad Johnson play, and he's twice the QB Orton is.

haha....Brad Johnson is TWICE the QB Orton is?

and wow...you saw Brad Johnson play...that makes you what? he was in the league less than a decade ago

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2011, 08:52 AM

Id say the situations are very different.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2011, 08:54 AM
So he's gotten LESS mature at 28 than he was at 23? Really? That's what you're going with?

If i recall, Orton was thrust into that role only after Grossman got injured correct? Plus, it wasnt as if Orton lit it up in his rookie season, so he'd really have zero right to talk. Im sure because of his decent play with the Broncos, and his veteran status, and because Tim is a bit unorthodox, theres a bit of an entitlement issue there. Im sure he doesnt think he's getting a fair shake.

Cito Pelon
02-04-2011, 09:08 AM

That's pretty interesting. I did a quick search of stats on CBS/NFL.com/Profootballref.com and couldn't find any 3rd down passing stats like that, just trying to confirm those stats.

I did see Orton in 2010 total NFL rankings was:

6th in 20+ yd completions
3rd in 40+ yd completions
18th 1st down % (1st downs as a percentage of total pass attempts)

17th in total TD passes
8th best for INT's
10th in total pass attempts
24th completion %
10th passing yds
21st in TD %
7th in INT %
13th in yds per attempt
6th in sacks

So Orton is a decent NFL starter, he's proved that on the field. He's not spectacular, but a decent starter.

As for making the "money" kind of plays (3rd down, 4th quarter when the chips are down) that's subjective. I've seen him come through, and I've seen him fail in those situations.

Beantown Bronco
02-04-2011, 09:21 AM
If i recall, Orton was thrust into that role only after Grossman got injured correct? Plus, it wasnt as if Orton lit it up in his rookie season, so he'd really have zero right to talk. Im sure because of his decent play with the Broncos, and his veteran status, and because Tim is a bit unorthodox, theres a bit of an entitlement issue there. Im sure he doesnt think he's getting a fair shake.

I'm sure he'd think that, IF there isn't an open competition between the two and the team simply names Tebow the starter. There's zero evidence that this is what's going to happen. In fact, Elway has explicitly stated that this is not going to be the case, so I'd say let it play out before we simply say that Orton is going to be a cancer. Folks here can't seem to grasp that one though.

jhns
02-04-2011, 09:24 AM
That's pretty interesting. I did a quick search of stats on CBS/NFL.com/Profootballref.com and couldn't find any 3rd down passing stats like that, just trying to confirm those stats.

I did see Orton in 2010 total NFL rankings was:

6th in 20+ yd completions
3rd in 40+ yd completions
18th 1st down % (1st downs as a percentage of total pass attempts)

17th in total TD passes
8th best for INT's
10th in total pass attempts
24th completion %
10th passing yds
21st in TD %
7th in INT %
13th in yds per attempt
6th in sacks

So Orton is a decent NFL starter, he's proved that on the field. He's not spectacular, but a decent starter.

As for making the "money" kind of plays (3rd down, 4th quarter when the chips are down) that's subjective. I've seen him come through, and I've seen him fail in those situations.

Those money plays aren't subjective. We had many close games this year and he failed in pretty much every one of them....

3rd down: 50 percent completions, 58 QB rating

Team behind 1-8 points: 58.5 QB rating, 53 percent completions, 2 TDs, 6 Ints

4th quarter +/- 7: 58.4 QB rating, 49.3 completion percentage

Down by 1-8 in 4th: 58.5 QB rating, 53.1 completion percentage

All stats from NFL and ESPN.

SonOfLe-loLang
02-04-2011, 09:25 AM
I'm sure he'd think that, IF there isn't an open competition between the two and the team simply names Tebow the starter. There's zero evidence that this is what's going to happen. In fact, Elway has explicitly stated that this is not going to be the case, so I'd say let it play out before we simply say that Orton is going to be a cancer. Folks here can't seem to grasp that one though.

I never said he'd be a "cancer," i said he'll pout about it. He already has.

Beantown Bronco
02-04-2011, 09:29 AM
I never said he'd be a "cancer," i said he'll pout about it. He already has.

You're not the only one posting in this thread. Hence the "we" and "folks here" instead of saying "you and you alone said _______".

Ahhh, yes. Pouting. I always love that one. Some camera catches a guy on the sidelines when he's making a face and everyone's all of a sudden a mind reader or psychiatrist.....knowing EXACTLY what the guy's thinking, why he's making that face, why he's not smiling 24-7 during a 3 win season, etc. The guy was injured. It was the end of a crappy season. Maybe he or the guy next to him had gas or something. We don't know anything, but we'll certainly conclude whatever we want to support our point.

jhns
02-04-2011, 09:35 AM
You're not the only one posting in this thread. Hence the "we" and "folks here" instead of saying "you and you alone said _______".

Ahhh, yes. Pouting. I always love that one. Some camera catches a guy on the sidelines when he's making a face and everyone's all of a sudden a mind reader or psychiatrist.....knowing EXACTLY what the guy's thinking, why he's making that face, why he's not smiling 24-7 during a 3 win season, etc. The guy was injured. It was the end of a crappy season. Maybe he or the guy next to him had gas or something. We don't know anything, but we'll certainly conclude whatever we want to support our point.

He is pouting about Tebow being better. That comes from John Elway. I highly doubt John just made it up or went off what some random reporter said....

Beantown Bronco
02-04-2011, 09:40 AM
He is pouting about Tebow being better. That comes from John Elway. I highly doubt John just made it up or went off what some random reporter said....

He said that he heard that they don't get along. Period.

He didn't say that Orton was pouting, much less pouting about Tebow being better. C'mon now.

vancejohnson82
02-04-2011, 10:02 AM

Wait.....WHAT?

the title of the thread is "Elway says that if we had to play today Orton would be the starter"

how the **** does that translate to "Elway thinks Tebow is better"

I'm missing something here I guess...I'm not even being sarcastic right there...what am I missing

jhns
02-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Wait.....WHAT?

the title of the thread is "Elway says that if we had to play today Orton would be the starter"

how the **** does that translate to "Elway thinks Tebow is better"

I'm missing something here I guess...I'm not even being sarcastic right there...what am I missing

When did I say Elway thinks Tebow is better? Again, you are confused.

I would suggest learning to read. It would solve your confusion.

jhns
02-04-2011, 11:17 AM
He said that he heard that they don't get along. Period.

He didn't say that Orton was pouting, much less pouting about Tebow being better. C'mon now.

You say potato, I say potato.

vancejohnson82
02-04-2011, 11:24 AM

learn to write....

jhns
02-04-2011, 11:28 AM
learn to write....

Or, you learn to read. It was very clear who "he" was when refrencing the pouting guy in the conversation.

So, who do you think would win in a fight. Cutler or Orton?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Or, you learn to read. It was very clear who "he" was when refrencing the pouting guy in the conversation.

So, who do you think would win in a fight. Cutler or Orton?

Again, bringing your obsession with Cutler into things.

One trick pony.

jhns
02-04-2011, 11:36 AM

One trick pony.

Again, crying on a message board as you bring nothing to the table.

One trick pony.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Crying? No. Pointing out your immense flaws as a poster and a person? No question.

jhns
02-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Crying? No. Pointing out your immense flaws as a poster and a person? No question.

Still crying? Still not bringing any kind of contribution to the thread? Of course! It is your one trick!

It's ok. It is always nice to have cheerleaders.

vancejohnson82
02-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Still crying? Still not bringing any kind of contribution to the thread? Of course! It is your one trick!

Can I seriously have your stance on OUR team for once?

Do you want to trade Orton? Or let him compete for the job?

Is Tebow the answer? Was he worth the pick that McD made?

Was the system what made Orton put up the numbers? Or was it the recievers? Or is Orton that good?

Is Moreno the answer? Do we need to supplement him with another back? or just hope LenDale can bring his fat ass into camp and contribute?

How different would the defense have been with Doom in there?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-04-2011, 11:47 AM

Bringing up Jay Cutler is your idea of a "contribution," so I'll take that as a compliment.

Thanks Jay's Jizz!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-04-2011, 11:48 AM

Was the system what made Orton put up the numbers? Or was it the recievers? Or is Orton that good?

Is Moreno the answer? Do we need to supplement him with another back? or just hope LenDale can bring his fat ass into camp and contribute?

Expect a comment regarding you being a "McDaniels" fan. Nothing on the actual team.

vancejohnson82
02-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Expect a comment regarding you being a "McDaniels" fan. Nothing on the actual team.

I know...I'm just trying to get SOMETHING about OUR team out of him...

ever since I took him off ignore and decided to interact with him this board has been exhausting for me...

jhns
02-04-2011, 11:55 AM

Yeah, I also think Cutler could take Orton. Orton seems like kind of a bitch and I think Cutler is bigger. We know he is more athletic.

Anyways, I will answer your off topic questions.

I don't care what we do with Orton. Trade him if someone offers anything or let him compete. Doesn't really matter to me.

I like Tebow and believe he would beat out Orton if they had to compete. This is based on him playing better in live games last season. Yes, I think Tebow was worth the pick. I hope he developes into this teams future star QB.

I think Moreno is half of the answer. I like him but would pick up another back at some point to run with him. I would love to get a guy like Helu Jr in the middle rounds of the draft. I don't care for White, or any other back we have, at all. I like Buck but he has been injured in like 12 straight seasons. He isn't reliable at all. I'm hoping Moreno doesn't have the same type of career.

Elvis could have made some difference but I doubt it would have resulted in wins. It would only be a slight difference. Wink was a pretty **** coordinator.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Mark it down. Feb. 4, 2011: The day jhns decided to talk football.

jhns
02-04-2011, 12:04 PM
I know...I'm just trying to get SOMETHING about OUR team out of him...

ever since I took him off ignore and decided to interact with him this board has been exhausting for me...

This is what I don't get. Why did so many of you take me off of ignore? My posting was much more peaceful before this phenomenon happened. Many of you are then complaining about my posting again. If you couldn't handle my posts before, what makes you think you can handle them now? I don't really care if you have me on ignore or not, I'm just trying to understand...

The ones that I really don't understand are the Mooses, Bajas, and tsigirls that have put me on ignore and taken my off ignore like 8 times each. It seems some here just like to be drama queens.

TheReverend
02-04-2011, 12:06 PM

These are your posts on this page:

One trick pony.

Bringing up Jay Cutler is your idea of a "contribution," so I'll take that as a compliment.

Thanks Jay's Jizz!

You'll have to excuse me if I giggle in the irony of you saying:

jhns
02-04-2011, 12:07 PM

My little emo cheerleader better learn to stop speaking out of turn. Jhns is gonna to have to slap a hoe.

vancejohnson82
02-04-2011, 12:08 PM
This is what I don't get. Why did so many of you take me off of ignore? My posting was much more peaceful before this phenomenon happened. Many of you are then complaining about my posting again. If you couldn't handle my posts before, what makes you think you can handle them now? I don't really care if you have me on ignore or not, I'm just trying to understand...

The ones that I really don't understand are the Mooses, Bajas, and tsigirls that have put me on ignore and taken my off ignore like 8 times each. It seems some here just like to be drama queens.

I took you off ignore because you were the only person on there and, really, whats the point of having ONE person on there?

I also thought at some point we could have a decent back and forth about football and still disagree on some things. At one point, I even thought perhaps I would agree with you on some things, being that the McDaniels era was over

plus it gets my post count up

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-04-2011, 12:11 PM
My little emo cheerleader better learn to stop speaking out of turn. Jhns is gonna to have to slap a hoe.

Jay's not your emo cheerleader? Huh. Color me surprised.

And Rev, you're being glib and that's okay. It's all you know.

Fact is, your boy toy jhns has derailed probably five threads in the last week by injecting his Cutler defenses into threads that weren't about Cutler to begin with. So giggle all you want. I'm laughing right back in your face.

Dedhed
02-04-2011, 12:13 PM

"Cutler is not a pouting candy-striper!"-jhns

jhns
02-04-2011, 12:17 PM

Fact is, your boy toy jhns has derailed probably five threads in the last week by injecting his Cutler defenses into threads that weren't about Cutler to begin with. So giggle all you want. I'm laughing right back in your face.

Poor drama queen still brings nothing to the table as she cries. Do you need a hug moosey?

jhns
02-04-2011, 12:18 PM
"Cutler is not a pouting candy-striper!"-jhns

If you were standing next to me right now, I would kick you in the balls.

- jhns

TheReverend
02-04-2011, 12:18 PM

Boy toy? He and I never even talk. And you talking about him derailing threads is the pot calling the kettle black. You're guilty of the same and you spend your time enabling it and not talking football.

Could care less either way. Carry on.

jhns
02-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Boy toy? He and I never even talk.

It is insulting that you deny such things Rev. I was just freshening up for our night out. Now you aren't getting any...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Boy toy? He and I never even talk. And you talking about him derailing threads is the pot calling the kettle black. You're guilty of the same and you spend your time enabling it and not talking football.

Could care less either way. Carry on.

Thank goodness we have the Rev's moral compass to guide us through the winding roads of the information superhighway.

Thanks for the permission; I will carry on. And if you open your eyes, you might see me talking football from time to time, not bringing up players who haven't been here in two years in every thread I can.

Try it. You might like having your eyes open for a change.

Then again, you might not. Your head's so far up your ass most of the time, the only thing you'd see is the inside of your colon.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
02-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Poor drama queen still brings nothing to the table as she cries. Do you need a hug moosey?

No response to the derailing of five threads this week? Good. We'll count that as an admission of guilt.

You're growing up. Another couple years of being completely destroyed and you might learn that it's okay to admit you're wrong when, you know, you are.

Miss I.
02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
fine, if you guys are going to go off topic..so am I ....

Evidently the superman producer was found alive in a Mexican hospital (http://www.nerdles.com/2011/02/04/superman-producer-found-alive-in-mexican-hospital/)

I am sure my henry, aka Superman is so relieved....
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/images/stories/thumb/2011/02/01/HenryCavill86154258.jpg

;D Consider this thread Henryjacked (I know Sir prefers Cavilljacked, but I really like henry jacked). ;D

baja
02-04-2011, 12:34 PM

Don't flatter yourself. I see you once again fail at comprehension. I said I was going to ignore you as in not respond to you. I did not say I was going to put you on ignore as I have stated here I do not like the ignore feature I prefer to just scroll past posts I don't want to read which include most but not all of yours. Are you able to understand the difference jhns?

jhns
02-04-2011, 12:37 PM
No response to the derailing of five threads this week? Good. We'll count that as an admission of guilt.

You're growing up. Another couple years of being completely destroyed and you might learn that it's okay to admit you're wrong when, you know, you are.

LOL

You would claim such a victory. It is all my little emo cheerleader would have.

I haven't derailed a single thread. Show me a single time that I was the one to bring up Cutler. Just one. It can be any thread from any time.

jhns
02-04-2011, 12:39 PM
fine, if you guys are going to go off topic..so am I ....

Evidently the superman producer was found alive in a Mexican hospital (http://www.nerdles.com/2011/02/04/superman-producer-found-alive-in-mexican-hospital/)

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/images/stories/thumb/2011/02/01/HenryCavill86154258.jpg

;D Consider this thread Henryjacked (I know Sir prefers Cavilljacked, but I really like henry jacked). ;D

Do you want to date? I will warn you. You will have to learn to hate McDaniels and love Cutler for this to work.

vancejohnson82
02-04-2011, 12:39 PM
"fine, if you guys are going to go off topic..so am I ....

Evidently the superman producer was found alive in a Mexican hospital (http://www.nerdles.com/2011/02/04/su...ican-hospital/)

Consider this thread Henryjacked (I know Sir prefers Cavilljacked, but I really like henry jacked).
02-04-2011 01:30 PM "

http://demotivatorsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/wtf-dogs-animals-funny-wine-dinner-demotivational-poster-1248906673.jpg

Miss I.
02-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Do you want to date? I will warn you. You will have to learn to hate McDaniels and love Cutler for this to work.

And you will have to be Henry Cavill for this to work. A girl has to have some standards. ;D

jhns
02-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Don't flatter yourself. I see you once again fail at comprehension. I said I was going to ignore you as in not respond to you. I did not say I was going to put you on ignore as I have stated here I do not like the ignore feature I prefer to just scroll past posts I don't want to read which include most but not all of yours. Are you able to understand the difference jhns?

LOL

Yeah, what a big difference!

Good job ignoring me.

Miss I.
02-04-2011, 12:42 PM
"fine, if you guys are going to go off topic..so am I ....

Evidently the superman producer was found alive in a Mexican hospital (http://www.nerdles.com/2011/02/04/su...ican-hospital/)

Consider this thread Henryjacked (I know Sir prefers Cavilljacked, but I really like henry jacked).
02-04-2011 01:30 PM "

http://demotivatorsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/wtf-dogs-animals-funny-wine-dinner-demotivational-poster-1248906673.jpg

;D

jhns
02-04-2011, 12:45 PM
And you will have to be Henry Cavill for this to work. A girl has to have some standards. ;D

That seems like a fair request. Let me figure out who he is and I'll see what I can do.

Miss I.
02-04-2011, 12:49 PM
That seems like a fair request. Let me figure out who he is and I'll see what I can do.
and one other question, Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?

Beantown Bronco
02-04-2011, 12:51 PM

Better than this girl's standards.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bs0VKgbqfg0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bs0VKgbqfg0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

zdoor
02-04-2011, 12:52 PM
and one other question, Can you hammer a six-inch spike through a board with your penis?

Whoa!!!

gyldenlove
02-04-2011, 12:54 PM

Yes, and more impressively I can hammer a board through a 6-inch spike with my penis as well.

jhns
02-04-2011, 12:58 PM

LOL Wtf?

No but I'm sure I could hammer a spike through my six-inch penis with a board. Will that do?

Hogan11
02-04-2011, 12:58 PM

They don't call him "The Fleshammer" for nuthin', ya know! Hilarious!

oubronco
02-04-2011, 01:04 PM

Yikes Yikes! ugh!~

Miss I.
02-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Better than this girl's standards.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bs0VKgbqfg0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bs0VKgbqfg0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

people, people it's a quote from Real Genius as Beantown so astutely posted. clearly he and I both work from the same twisted playbook.

At any rate, as for acceptable answers, "As you wish" would've worked, which is A nod to my other favorite 80s flick, The Princess Bride.

My real question of a potential love mate is, "How much do you enjoy watching the Princess Bride?" or I can work with them if they at least like Monty Python. ;D