PDA

View Full Version : Elway: "If we had to play today, Kyle Orton would be our starting Quarterback"

Pages : 1 [2]

vancejohnson82
02-04-2011, 01:06 PM
How did Miss I. turn this thread into her own personal matchmaking thread?

i disapprove

Miss I.
02-04-2011, 01:14 PM
How did Miss I. turn this thread into her own personal matchmaking thread?

i disapprove

oh please, because it was so much better when you guys were bitching at each other and calling each other names, whining about Cutler for 20 pages, or lets count the times guys boob jack or food jack threads on this ****ing forum. I didn't turn it into my own personal matchmaking thread. Jhns made a smartass remark about wanting a date, I joked back. yes, the whole page of joking was really awful. (please note sarcasm here).

But there ya go, I now return you and Jhns to your regularly scheduled pissing contest.

Kaylore
02-04-2011, 01:17 PM
oh please, because it was so much better when you guys were b****ing at each other and calling each other names, whining about Cutler for 20 pages, or lets count the times guys boob jack or food jack threads on this ****ing forum. I didn't turn it into my own personal matchmaking thread. Jhns made a smartass remark about wanting a date, I joked back. yes, the whole page of joking was really awful. (please note sarcasm here).

But there ya go, I now return you and Jhns to your regularly scheduled pissing contest.

LOL

vancejohnson82
02-04-2011, 01:32 PM
oh please, because it was so much better when you guys were b****ing at each other and calling each other names, whining about Cutler for 20 pages, or lets count the times guys boob jack or food jack threads on this ****ing forum. I didn't turn it into my own personal matchmaking thread. Jhns made a smartass remark about wanting a date, I joked back. yes, the whole page of joking was really awful. (please note sarcasm here).

holy christ...didnt see that coming

jhns
02-04-2011, 02:42 PM
So is that a no on the date Miss I? If so, I blame vancejohnson.

Chris
02-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Jhns's real name is Jhanis... short for Vajhanis.

jhns
02-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Jhns's real name is Jhanis... short for Vajhanis.

You make jhns sad.

Circle Orange
02-04-2011, 09:02 PM
I like what I'm hearing. Elway sounds like a gm, not a public announcement cheerleader for Tebow.

Whither Brady Quinn???

Cito Pelon
02-05-2011, 07:34 AM
Those money plays aren't subjective. We had many close games this year and he failed in pretty much every one of them....

3rd down: 50 percent completions, 58 QB rating

Team behind 1-8 points: 58.5 QB rating, 53 percent completions, 2 TDs, 6 Ints

4th quarter +/- 7: 58.4 QB rating, 49.3 completion percentage

Down by 1-8 in 4th: 58.5 QB rating, 53.1 completion percentage

All stats from NFL and ESPN.

Not impressive, certainly. Well, Orton isn't among the greatest to lace them up. Just a decent starter that can win you a playoff game here and there with a great team around him. That can be said for most QB's, though.

He catches too much crap because he isn't great, and that can be said for most QB's also.

I wonder if Orton's stats would have looked better if we had a good receiving TE on the team like a Heap, Lewis, Olsen. Need one of those, I think.

Beantown Bronco
02-05-2011, 07:48 AM
I wonder if Orton's stats would have looked better if we had a good receiving TE on the team like a Heap, Lewis, Olsen. Need one of those, I think.

Or the mere threat of a running game. When you're constantly in third and longs because of a piss poor running game, and there's zero threat of a run on third down on those rare instances when it's short yardage, the defense has the clear advantage and would make most QBs look bad.

Punisher
02-05-2011, 08:03 AM
So is that a no on the date Miss I? If so, I blame vancejohnson.

I'll take you out on a date, show you a really good time to.

errand
02-05-2011, 10:05 AM
Elway isn't.....but a large portion of the fanbase are after only three games.

Haven't we've learned that the fans don't know **** about who the Qb should be?

Craig Morton was constantly on the chopping block as we brought in clowns like Matt Robinson to try and replace him....fans hated Morton not being so nimble

Reeves admitted he let the fans reaction to John in the preseason of '83 sway his decision to play John over DeBerg. Yes, John was clearly more talented, but he wasn't ready in September of '83 as DeBerg had to save our season by coming off the bench. Only after John sat, watched, and learned was he able to come back after DeBerg's should injury to play as well as we thought he could...

Griese received all kinds of cheers playing aginst 2nd and 3rd teamers in pre-season while Brister play below expectations against starters, it took us 4 years to recover from that one.....

Jake won 41 of 63 games but mike caved to public opinion and benched him for a rookie in Jay.....Broncos haven't sniffed playoffs since.

Letting public opinion sway your decision as to who the QB should be is pretty ****ing stupid if you're the Broncos brass

errand
02-05-2011, 10:12 AM

I'm just wondering what that cool starry bra looks like on you....LOL J/K

OK, no i'm not.....lol

errand
02-05-2011, 10:16 AM
And you will have to be Henry Cavill for this to work. A girl has to have some standards. ;D

Doesn't considering going out with jhns defeat the having some standards thing?

TheReverend
02-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Or the mere threat of a running game. When you're constantly in third and longs because of a piss poor running game, and there's zero threat of a run on third down on those rare instances when it's short yardage, the defense has the clear advantage and would make most QBs look bad.

In 2010, Orton ranked 13th in the AFC in 1st-down completion percentage on 3rd down when having 3 yards or fewer to gain. He ranked 28th in the entire NFL.

The Moops
02-06-2011, 03:37 AM
More fuel to fire up Tebow!

vancejohnson82
02-06-2011, 07:21 AM
In 2010, Orton ranked 13th in the AFC in 1st-down completion percentage on 3rd down when having 3 yards or fewer to gain. He ranked 28th in the entire NFL.

some teams can actually run for a first down on third and 3

its nice for a defense to just throw out their nickel package and not even consider stopping a run play