PDA

View Full Version : Q & A with Brian Xanders....

Riley
01-31-2011, 02:49 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/QA-With-Brian-Xanders/dd7e98e7-d61b-4694-89df-97eaf5e64ea7

I found this interesting... about the process.
The Broncos are taking action.... this article tells about it.

What comes next in the evaluation process as the NFL Scouting Combine gets closer?
"First of all there's the evaluation of our own team. Our player personnel department and the prior coaches have already gone through that, but the new coaches that are coming in will evaluate hours and hours of tape to evaluate our own players to see where they fit into the new schemes. Then we'll have a big team needs meeting and match those up. In player personnel we've already built our team needs from the end of December, but we'll match up if there are any new ones coming out of this new coaching staff meeting. Then from there we shift over to some evaluations of the pro unrestricted free agents in the marketplace, and we'll do it by position group. They'll have assignments and we'll split it up, then have a big meeting before we go to the combine. Then we'll go to the combine and work on the college side, but hopefully there's a deal complete and we can get a resolution on the CBA and we'll have free agency."

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-31-2011, 03:00 PM
Opulence. I has it.

Riley
01-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Opulence. I has it.

I can see that.

Smiling Assassin27
01-31-2011, 03:51 PM
Brian, how is it you still have a job?

Popps
01-31-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm going to give Xanders a fair chance. That's all we can really do. I've got to assume he's where he is for some reason, other than "taking pizza orders." Time will tell.

I will say this, though... if there was ever a guy on earth I wouldn't trust based solely on how he looks... Xanders is the guy. His picture should be next to "Con Man" in the dictionary.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-31-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm going to give Xanders a fair chance. That's all we can really do. I've got to assume he's where he is for some reason, other than "taking pizza orders." Time will tell.

I will say this, though... if there was ever a guy on earth I wouldn't trust based solely on how he looks... Xanders is the guy. His picture should be next to "Con Man" in the dictionary.

Dude, that's funny. He's got a look to him that just lends itself to doubt. Slowik was the last guy that made me think similar thoughts.

OBF1
01-31-2011, 05:41 PM
Xanders reminds me of a cross between a used car salesman, a politician and a lawyer. He makes shady look trustworthy.

SoCalBronco
01-31-2011, 05:45 PM
Dammit....why wasn't my Pepperoni or Sausage question answered?

gyldenlove
01-31-2011, 06:02 PM

Xanders is not qualified to answer that question he only brings the pizza, he does not make or order the pizza.

Bigdawg26
01-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Lol!

Ray Finkle
01-31-2011, 07:14 PM

Because MAF was busy giving the sausage to Sidney...

That was too easy :D

SoCalBronco
01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Because MAF was busy giving the sausage to Sidney...

That was too easy :D

ROFL!

Flower is not a fan of sausage...he has a super hot French girlfriend. Sid is no fan of sausage either.

Honestly man...you have to get over those blow and giggolo parties...you aren't at George Mason anymore...you're a family man now.

Ray Finkle
01-31-2011, 07:29 PM
ROFL!

Flower is not a fan of sausage...he has a super hot French girlfriend. Sid is no fan of sausage either.

Honestly man...you have to get over those blow and giggolo parties...you aren't at George Mason anymore...you're a family man now.

Blow and Giggolo's? Isn't that the Miami Moto?

Anyway, just because one has a "hot" girlfriend does not mean they aren't a fan of the sausage.....inserts Ricky Martin....

Chris
01-31-2011, 07:30 PM
Xanders looks like a train wreck.

broncocalijohn
01-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Dude, that's funny. He's got a look to him that just lends itself to doubt. Slowik was the last guy that made me think similar thoughts.

Slowik had a past record of fail with the Packers. You look at Xanders during the interview process and have to think in your head, "This guy is so full of **** (and other things)!"

Durango
02-01-2011, 10:01 AM
I want to give Xanders a chance, but my question is: chance to do what? He isn't really a GM in the Pioli mold. He doesn't seem to command any respect from anyone, other than the fact that he managed to keep his job despite the unmitigated catastrophe unfolding in the last regime. That's impressive in it's own right.

I've read here and there that he is particularly adept at managing the salary cap, but with no cap, I just don't understand his function at this point.

Riley
02-01-2011, 10:11 AM
I want to give Xanders a chance, but my question is: chance to do what? He isn't really a GM in the Pioli mold. He doesn't seem to command any respect from anyone, other than the fact that he managed to keep his job despite the unmitigated catastrophe unfolding in the last regime. That's impressive in it's own right.

I've read here and there that he is particularly adept at managing the salary cap, but with no cap, I just don't understand his function at this point.

He is being given the chance to be an honest to goodness GM.
I think he has one year to get it right...
if not they will bring in a Top Gun next season.

If the dang millionaires would settle with the dang billionaires...
there will be a rookie cap as well as a player cap.

I PRAY that they get the deal done soon...

Bigdawg26
02-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Xanders is just the numbers guy! Whoever player Fox and Elway wants, his job is the do the numbers for their salary and keep them under the cap! Basically, He job is just to shut up and do the math and pick up the pizzas!

Riley
02-01-2011, 10:20 AM
So Elway is really the GM.... Xanders is his minion?

Maybe it really is that simple...
and Xanders is there to be Elway's fall guy if it dont work out.

Rohirrim
02-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Sounds like we're returning to a 4-3 base.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-01-2011, 10:39 AM
So Elway is really the GM.... Xanders is his minion?

Maybe it really is that simple...
and Xanders is there to be Elway's fall guy if it dont work out.

Exactly. Not that I give a shiat about Xanders... but that guy is going to take all of the blame if this doesn't work out. If everything works out, I would expect Elway to get the lion's share of the credit.

Dr. Broncenstein
02-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Slowik had a past record of fail with the Packers. You look at him during the interview process and have to think in your head, "This guy is so full of **** (and other things)!"

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/bobslowik.jpg

broncocalijohn
02-01-2011, 11:40 AM
He looks like he can straight tell you, "I know the numbers and I can work around the cap rules.....Trust me!"

B-Love
02-01-2011, 11:41 AM
http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/bobslowik.jpg

Slowik looks like Bob Eubanks.