Klay Thompson is better than Jimmer.

Still.

oubronco
03-24-2011, 07:30 PM
Jimmer choking down the stretch

rugbythug
03-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Jimmer choking down the stretch

Not a Jimmer fan but at Reg he had 32 of 68.

Kaylore
03-24-2011, 07:42 PM
That's a tough game. I hate losing because we suck, not because we were beat. We had several chances to make some fast break points and we missed all kinds of shots and layups. I gotta hand it to Florida. They made the clutch threes when they had to. Jimmer fed everyone and we couldn't hit one to save our lives.

Also, Davies would have really helped inside. It's too bad he let his team down by doing something stupid.

Great season for BYU, though. We usually choke in the first round. This team we went to overtime with a two seed when our best player was gimpy and we had literally no offense. Thanks for all the memories, Jimmer. If you were on a loaded team like Ohio State you would have annihilated all of college.

oubronco
03-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Not a Jimmer fan but at Reg he had 32 of 68.

He shot them out of this game down the stretch taking too many quick shots

Karenin
03-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Doubt we'll hear anything more about BYU for the next decade or so. Looking forward to Jimmer's Trajon Langdon-esque NBA career.

oubronco
03-24-2011, 07:44 PM
That's a tough game. I hate losing because we suck, not because we were beat. We had several chances to make some fast break points and we missed all kinds of shots and layups. I gotta hand it to Florida. They made the clutch threes when they had to. Jimmer fed everyone and we couldn't hit one to save our lives.

Also, Davies would have really helped inside. It's too bad he let his team down by doing something stupid.

Great season for BYU, though. We usually choke in the first round. This team we went to overtime with a two seed when our best player was gimpy and we had literally no offense. Thanks for all the memories, Jimmer. If you were on a loaded team like Ohio State you would have annihilated all of college.

It was a great game they just took too many quick and dumb shots down the stretch. Jimmer should've passed the ball more inside

DomCasual
03-24-2011, 07:46 PM
Man, that was tough.

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2011, 07:50 PM
That boy good.

FantomForce
03-24-2011, 08:08 PM
For all of Logan did rejoice when the Mighty James, jimmer, fell! He is a great player. His best comparison I've heard is Jamier Neilson. Jimmer has a better shot, while Jamier is a better defender. Jamier has had a career in the NBA, has been "successful", I'm not sure how to measure this. But for all of you that live outside of Utah be thankful, for we are not out of the Jimmermania storm, the pending draft will keep our tv stations, newspapers and other media busy for MANY months to years to come

DomCasual
03-24-2011, 09:12 PM
For all of Logan did rejoice when the Mighty James, jimmer, fell! He is a great player. His best comparison I've heard is Jamier Neilson. Jimmer has a better shot, while Jamier is a better defender. Jamier has had a career in the NBA, has been "successful", I'm not sure how to measure this. But for all of you that live outside of Utah be thankful, for we are not out of the Jimmermania storm, the pending draft will keep our tv stations, newspapers and other media busy for MANY months to years to come

I can tell you're warming up to him. Step into the light, my friend. The light of Jimmer will cleanse you!

sgbfan
03-24-2011, 09:13 PM

After losing Davies, I was bummed because I didn't think BYU had enough firepower and size to go far in the tournament. But after watching the Gonzaga game and this game, I think I was wrong, which makes this loss even tougher.

Jimmer had his worst game of the season and players missed wide open looks and layups that would have given Jimmer more space and confidence. That charge call with the BS technical was the biggest play of the game. BYU would have had a 1 point lead with Jimmer's FT's, and it completely changed the momentum of the game.

BYU was a good enough team to win the game. They played horrible, and Florida shot lights out to start the game and it still went to Overtime.

I think Jimmer has had an amazing season, but he struggled tonight, which is fine. But at the end of regulation, he needed to take the ball to the basket. If you're down by 1 and you are 3-12 from 3, don't settle for the 3.

sgbfan
03-24-2011, 09:16 PM
I can tell you're warming up to him. Step into the light, my friend. The light of Jimmer will cleanse you!

Yeah. USU fans don't care that their team can't win a tournament game, Its more important that BYU loses. Now that Jimmer won't play another game for BYU, they can admit that he is a good player and stop hating on him so much.

DomCasual
03-24-2011, 09:19 PM
I think Jimmer has had an amazing season, but he struggled tonight, which is fine. But at the end of regulation, he needed to take the ball to the basket. If you're down by 1 and you are 3-12 from 3, don't settle for the 3.

That's been my frustration since Davies has been out. The whole team has been a little quick on the trigger with shooting threes.

Kaylore
03-24-2011, 10:32 PM
That's been my frustration since Davies has been out. The whole team has been a little quick on the trigger with shooting threes.

It's because we have no game in paint. I think I saw three layups from people not named Fredette. Then we missed wide open threes.

Orange4Life
03-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Tough loss, and a tough way to go out. Jimmer didn't have his best game, he really struggled down the stretch. But thats ok, he got us here so I'm willing to take my chances with him when the game is on the line. Florida is good and hit some big shots. We had our chances but couldn't take advantage. Its been a good season, I'll feel better about it in a day or two.

vancejohnson82
03-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Doubt we'll hear anything more about BYU for the next decade or so. Looking forward to Jimmer's Trajon Langdon-esque NBA career.

thats the best statement I have seen in this thread by someone who knows nothing about basketball

broncocalijohn
03-24-2011, 11:11 PM
thats the best statement I have seen in this thread by someone who knows nothing about basketball

Probably his best statement ever since he has posted at the Mane.....and he will probably be completely wrong. As for me, never saw him shoot one basket except highlights on ESPN. Sooo many pages, had to see who was derailing the thread. Surprised it stayed on topic. SDSU and BYU both losing tonight. Sucks for West Coast bias.

troya900
03-25-2011, 12:14 AM
I know this is off the Fredette topic, but did anyone watch the NIT CoC vs Wichita St. game? That dude Andrew Goudelock was hitting all kinds of crazy 3's from ridiculous range. He doesn't get the hype Fredette does for obvious reasons since BYU was a better team, but man that guy Goudelock can shoot (at least in that Wichita St. game).

Doggcow
03-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Probably his best statement ever since he has posted at the Mane.....and he will probably be completely wrong. As for me, never saw him shoot one basket except highlights on ESPN. Sooo many pages, had to see who was derailing the thread. Surprised it stayed on topic. SDSU and BYU both losing tonight. Sucks for West Coast bias.

Yeah, the west is weak.

Especially Arizona.

Doggcow
03-25-2011, 12:28 AM
I know this is off the Fredette topic, but did anyone watch the NIT CoC vs Wichita St. game? That dude Andrew Goudelock was hitting all kinds of crazy 3's from ridiculous range. He doesn't get the hype Fredette does for obvious reasons since BYU was a better team, but man that guy Goudelock can shoot (at least in that Wichita St. game).

And losing, like Jimmer.

broncocalijohn
03-25-2011, 01:28 AM
Yeah, the west is weak.

Especially Arizona.

our only hope to pump through. I root for any Pac10 team even UCLA.... and that is tough to do for me.

FantomForce
03-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Yeah. USU fans don't care that their team can't win a tournament game, Its more important that BYU loses. Now that Jimmer won't play another game for BYU, they can admit that he is a good player and stop hating on him so much.

Well our streak hasn't quite extend to 17 years of losing a first game tournament yet. But I'll be sure that your the first one to find out when we do

Doggcow
03-25-2011, 11:55 AM
our only hope to pump through. I root for any Pac10 team even UCLA.... and that is tough to do for me.

The west had a down year, I'll admit that. But WSU SHOULD have been in the tournament. Colorado too. So that's 2 more PAC schools.

Usually the PAC really beats itself up in conference play, unlike the other conferences.

I cheer for the PAC other than UW... lol

DomCasual
03-25-2011, 12:08 PM
I have to say, I feel almost relieved today. Starting tomorrow, Jimmer can get back to his really important work: healing people and saving lives.

FantomForce
03-25-2011, 04:54 PM
this is all http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6257636

sgbfan
03-25-2011, 05:03 PM

Crap article. The kid had one bad game.

worm
03-25-2011, 05:05 PM

Amusing article. Thank God they stopped with the Jimmer > Pistol comments around town.

DomCasual
03-25-2011, 05:09 PM

Rick Reilly sort of sucks, to be honest. He gets these weird biases, then proceeds to hatchet people based on them. Honestly, I saw this one this morning, and found it bizarre. So, a fan said he reminded him of Pete Maravich? That's what he based his column on?

Let's face it. Jimmer didn't have the best game last night. That doesn't seem to warrant what seems like vitriol from Reilly.

The problem I've seen with Reilly over the past ten years or so is that he doesn't seem to follow sports enough anymore to have confidence in his own opinions. Consequently, he resorts to really unprofessional hyperbole to generate controversy. Without hyperbole, no one would read his largely uninformed opinions.

I used to love the guy. I think he's a talented writer. But now, as a sports columnist, I put him in the same category as Tony Kornheiser.

FantomForce
03-25-2011, 05:18 PM
One game? Please reread. This article was a far cry from just being about just one game. He includes their averages per game 44 points per game? All the fuss was created becasue of the game location in New Orleans, believe me if you have anyone you know from those parts this was a minute-by-minute topic. Jimmer will be drafted, but far from being an NBA superstar just ask JJ Reddick

DomCasual
03-25-2011, 05:22 PM
One game? Please reread. This article was a far cry from just being about just one game. He includes their averages per game 44 points per game? All the fuss was created becasue of the game location in New Orleans, believe me if you have anyone you know from those parts this was a minute-by-minute topic. Jimmer will be drafted, but far from being an NBA superstar just ask JJ Reddick

So, you're worked up over a fan on the streets on New Orleans comparing Jimmer to a guy that played 35 years ago?

Have you considered therapy?

Bronco Vixen
03-25-2011, 05:23 PM
The problem I've seen with Reilly over the past ten years or so is that he doesn't seem to follow sports enough anymore to have confidence in his own opinions. Consequently, he resorts to really unprofessional hyperbole to generate controversy. Without hyperbole, no one would read his largely uninformed opinions.

Excellent take. I would say the exact same thing for Cowturd as well.

broncocalijohn
03-25-2011, 05:24 PM
I have to say, I feel almost relieved today. Starting tomorrow, Jimmer can get back to his really important work: healing people and saving lives.

Word in he tried but Tebow beat him to it! Christian fundamentalist 1, Mormon 0.

DomCasual
03-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Word in he tried but Tebow beat him to it! Christian fundamentalist 1, Mormon 0.

I've been meaning to invite you over for a barbecue. I have a friend I want you to meet - a guy who just happens to be a former wide receiver for the Broncos. I think you might be interested in getting in on the ground floor of something he and I have been working on.

broncocalijohn
03-25-2011, 05:37 PM
I've been meaning to invite you over for a barbecue. I have a friend I want you to meet - a guy who just happens to be a former wide receiver for the Broncos. I think you might be interested in getting in on the ground floor of something he and I have been working on.

Sounds really interesting but if you are trying to sell me some BAZI, I am totally hooked up with this retired firefighter that scored me in on it right here at the Mane. Funny, I havent seen him around lately. I do have a real bitchin Bailey jersey that is total fake legit. Comes straight from Korea. You couldnt tell the difference that is was not authentic.

DomCasual
03-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Sounds really interesting but if you are trying to sell me some BAZI, I am totally hooked up with this retired firefighter that scored me in on it right here at the Mane. Funny, I havent seen him around lately. I do have a real b****in Bailey jersey that is total fake legit. Comes straight from Korea. You couldnt tell the difference that is was not authentic.

I have that, too! I wonder if Champ Bailey might want to come to the barbecue. I could get him to sign the authentic jersey I have of his.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=28192&stc=1&d=1300224651

worm
03-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Rick Reilly sort of sucks, to be honest. He gets these weird biases, then proceeds to hatchet people based on them. Honestly, I saw this one this morning, and found it bizarre. So, a fan said he reminded him of Pete Maravich? That's what he based his column on?

Let's face it. Jimmer didn't have the best game last night. That doesn't seem to warrant what seems like vitriol from Reilly.

Personally I wasn't offended by the writing or considered it vitriol. However, I am not as invested in Jimmer as you seem to be Dom.

Jimmer's star status at the next level is very much in question. (I would say that is what he based the column on). I agree with Reilly on that point...kitschy writing style aside.

If I had a lottery pick in the NBA draft...I wouldn't draft him. I think he is a lot closer to Adam Morrison than he is Maravich.

DomCasual
03-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Personally I wasn't offended by the writing or considered it vitriol. However, I am not as invested in Jimmer as you seem to be Dom.

Jimmer's star status at the next level is very much in question. (I would say that is what he based the column on). I agree with Reilly on that point...kitschy writing style aside.

If I had a lottery pick in the NBA draft...I wouldn't draft him. I think he is a lot closer to Adam Morrison than he is Maravich.

What makes you say I'm invested? I can quit Jimmer anytime I want!:twitch:

Karenin
03-25-2011, 08:26 PM

Nah, Adam Morrison is still in the NBA. That's more than you'll be able to say about Jimmer 3 years from now. Jimmer will have more of a Gerry McNamara-like career (without the NCAA championship of course)

FantomForce
03-26-2011, 06:11 PM
So, you're worked up over a fan on the streets on New Orleans comparing Jimmer to a guy that played 35 years ago?

Have you considered therapy?

Therapy is only for those that believe it actually works:wiggle:

DomCasual
03-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Therapy is only for those that believe it actually works:wiggle:

I bet Jimmer could heal you.