PDA

View Full Version : Packers PR People = Fail

Gort
01-26-2011, 10:57 AM
gotta agree with the guys complaining about this... they ARE part of the team and they deserve to be in the official team photo that's going to be displayed for posterity. imagine how you'd feel if you were left out simply because you were on IR. 5 years from now, nobody will remember that you should have been in the photo... they'll just see that you aren't. this is a dumb move by dumb PR people.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-twoquestions012611

either fly them out for the photo, or take the "official" photo in GB including everyone before heading off to Dallas.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Well the good news is that if Nick Barnett steals a mascot in 20 years, Ace Ventura will have a harder time finding him.

Jason in LA
01-26-2011, 11:03 AM
The Packers have a league high 16 players on IR, and they're still in the Super Bowl. That's interesting.

Doggcow
01-26-2011, 11:18 AM
The Packers have a league high 16 players on IR, and they're still in the Super Bowl. That's interesting.

Yeah, it's all about not losing the really critical guys though.

Take Matthews off that team, and I bet they go down to Philly.

BigPlayShay
01-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Can't they have people stand in for them and then photoshop them in. They do this all the time for team photos.

Peoples Champ
01-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Well the good news is that if Nick Barnett steals a mascot in 20 years, Ace Ventura will have a harder time finding him.

waiting for the perfect time.........suuppperbowl time

PRBronco
01-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah that's not cool. Maybe if it was like one or two Nate Jackson types, but Barnett's been a good player for them for a while now.

Also imagine the articles if someone left Nate Jackson out of a picture?

Durango
01-26-2011, 11:41 AM
That is pretty low class.

'You aint playin', you don't exist'. After all, getting hurt is the fault of the player.

Drek
01-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah, it's all about not losing the really critical guys though.

Take Matthews off that team, and I bet they go down to Philly.

They lost Jermichael Finley, one of the best TEs in the NFL, Nick Barnett, a very good ILB, and Ryan Grant, a very good #1 RB.

Any one of those guys has pro-bowl potential in a good year. They lost all of them by the middle of the season.

I'd say thats pretty critical. The Packers are an ungodly talented club when all these guys get healthy.

PRBronco
01-26-2011, 11:48 AM
That is pretty low class.

'You aint playin', you don't exist'. After all, getting hurt is the fault of the player.

I kinda thought Kenny McKinley's death would have an impact on the way IR players are treated, guess not. I know his debts had a big part in it, but you have to wonder how many of those guys are depressed and no one realizes it.

BigPlayShay
01-26-2011, 11:57 AM
@AdamSchefter
Adam Schefter: A wrong being made right RT @RobDemovsky: Packers to take team Super Bowl photo Friday so that IR players will be included.

Los Broncos
01-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Who was that kid they fired a couple of years back, I think it was the head coach who did it.

It seemed pretty messed up.