PDA

View Full Version : Denver Bars

Mogulseeker
01-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Guys, what's a good bar in Capitol Hill to take a girl to tonight?

I'm looking for relaxed, somewhat quiet but fun, obviously clean (Capitol Hill bars are hit and miss in that regard), maybe even a little yuppieish cause this particular girl is rather smart, professional, upwardly mobile and chic.

I've already done the Thin Man, City O' City, and Cheeky Monk the last couple of weeks so none of those.

edog24
01-26-2011, 09:52 AM
This one isn't in Capitol Hill (I'm retarded when it comes to knowing the areas in Denver outside of Lodo, sorry), but the Root Down in the Highlands is pretty cool, gets a ton of good write ups in magazines, it's a converted auto shop-pretty cool.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-26-2011, 09:52 AM
I'd recommend going somewhere besides a bar if you're trying to impress a girl.

Mogulseeker
01-26-2011, 09:53 AM
This one isn't in Capitol Hill (I'm retarded when it comes to knowing the areas in Denver outside of Lodo, sorry), but the Root Down in the Highlands is pretty cool, gets a ton of good write ups in magazines, it's a converted auto shop-pretty cool.

I like the Highlands... Forrest Room 5 is pretty sweet.

But this girl lives in Capitol Hill and works as a lobbyist.... so walking distance from the Capitol Building would be ideal.

BigPlayShay
01-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Is Red Room still around?

Archer81
01-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Guys, what's a good bar in Capitol Hill to take a girl to tonight?

I'm looking for relaxed, somewhat quiet but fun, obviously clean (Capitol Hill bars are hit and miss in that regard), maybe even a little yuppieish cause this particular girl is rather smart, professional, upwardly mobile and chic.

I've already done the Thin Man, City O' City, and Cheeky Monk the last couple of weeks so none of those.

Cap Hill? With a girl?

That happens?

:Broncos:

crawdad
01-26-2011, 09:59 AM
I used to go to Govnrs Park on Logan St. I believe it is still there.

PRBronco
01-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Aww I thought this was about a new snack food :(

Irish Stout
01-26-2011, 10:09 AM
About the only thing that jumps to mind for Yuppy in that area would be to cross Colfax and walk down 14th to the Corner Office.

Otherwise, kind of south and west of the art museum (like 13th and bannock area) you have Pints Pub and Cap City Tavern. Both of which I would call nice enough bars, but neither yuppy or scuzzy.

Los Broncos
01-26-2011, 10:33 AM
I like that one place that just says "bar" but I forget where it is, see it every time I'm in Denver.

Carmelo15
01-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Tonight is Ladies night at 5 Degrees. Its a lounge on the corner of 15th & Lawrence. I know its not Capitol Hill but what girl doesn't like free drinks?

serious hops
01-26-2011, 10:48 AM

I was going to recommend Govnrs, it's a decent place. If you want some upscale yuppie place, LoDo really is the best bet, though.

Greatspirits
01-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Try Benders Bar and Grill, Its kind of a Rockers place though!

19Morton77
01-26-2011, 11:28 AM
I like the Highlands... Forrest Room 5 is pretty sweet.

But this girl lives in Capitol Hill and works as a lobbyist.... so walking distance from the Capitol Building would be ideal.

Lobbyist? She must be easy. Tell her you are working with whatever congressman she needs to schmooze. You are the go between. I would keep walking up Colfax until you see the guys in the berets. That tells you the area is very hip and cultured.

Cool Breeze
01-26-2011, 11:36 AM

This should do the trick and its pretty close.

Pony Boy
01-26-2011, 11:37 AM
This should do the trick for you....

Mountain Bronco
01-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Red Room is not around any longer, replaced by some brewery. Chic and Capitol hill are tough. I go to Colfax/Capitol Hill for the seedier places, not chic. Gov Park, is ok, more of sports bar. Maybe Pints Pub, a ton of attorneys and lobiest hang out there. I have never been to the park taven and bar, but it looks ok. If you go to the corner office you are about in lodo as it is by the convention center, but that place screems yuppie for sure.

ColoradoBuff
01-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Take her to the Mon Chalet for drinks!

ColoradoDarin
01-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Aww I thought this was about a new snack food :(

I thought he misspelled the old minor league baseball team...

Boobs McGee
01-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Take her to the squire!!!!

Ummm, there was a place on 13th and race that was great, but the name is escaping me right now. It's just west of liks ice cream (which is always good on a date), and its pretty chill. Drinks, some tasty food, pool tables, upscale in a neighborhood kind of way.

Don't go to squire btw ;)

Archer81
01-26-2011, 12:58 PM
If she is a lobbyest that works in or near Capitol Hill, why take her to a bar there? Go somewhere else. Change of scenery might be nice for her, and therefore might be more willing to ride the pole.

:Broncos:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Take her to the squire!!!!

Ummm, there was a place on 13th and race that was great, but the name is escaping me right now. It's just west of liks ice cream (which is always good on a date), and its pretty chill. Drinks, some tasty food, pool tables, upscale in a neighborhood kind of way.

Don't go to squire btw ;)

The place is called Wyman's No. 5, and it's a great spot.

Another good one is the Penn St. Pub, on 13th and Penn. A lot of lobbyists hang out there, and it's a nice bar with a good selection.

schaaf
01-26-2011, 03:17 PM
http://assets2.likeme.net/10518/large/jr_s_bar___grill.png.jpg

There ya go bud!

Boobs McGee
01-26-2011, 03:19 PM

Another good one is the Penn St. Pub, on 13th and Penn. A lot of lobbyists hang out there, and it's a nice bar with a good selection.

Good call!

and L O L at your avatar...that's priceless!

DrFate
01-26-2011, 03:40 PM
I thought the title was Denver BEARS

I thought it was another Cutler threadLOL

enjolras
01-26-2011, 03:53 PM

There ya go bud!

Best happy hour in Denver. My wife and I go there a lot actually:)

Pony Boy
01-26-2011, 04:01 PM

There ya go bud!

Yep, Bob loves that bar......

broncosteven
01-26-2011, 04:33 PM
I would get her in a Taxi and drive out to Shotgun Willys.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Treat her to all you can eat bread sticks at the Olive Garden.

schaaf
01-26-2011, 04:40 PM

This. and please bring some to Montana

InMyCornerOfTheWorld
01-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Interesting thread here. Considering I'll be coming to Denver this September, does anybody know of some really good Broncos sports bars in Denver?

Mogulseeker
01-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Interesting thread here. Considering I'll be coming to Denver this September, does anybody know of some really good Broncos sports bars in Denver?

LOL

How bout most of them. At DU, I usually watch football at the Pioneer - http://www.thepioneerbar.com/

InMyCornerOfTheWorld
01-26-2011, 06:29 PM
LOL

How bout most of them. At DU, I usually watch football at the Pioneer - http://www.thepioneerbar.com/

Thanks for the link Hombre! :thumbs:

seanpgk
01-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Dazzle (jazz bar) 10th & Lincoln

Beauty Bar 13th & Pearl - new June 2010.

Charlie Browns 10th & Grant - not "chic" but hands down my favorite bar in Cap Hill. Piano bar, great ambiance. Every girl I've ever taken there has loved it.

Cheeky Monk- I know you won't go there, but this is my girlfriend's favorite place to go for dinner/drinks.

Mogulseeker
01-26-2011, 07:40 PM

Charlie Browns 10th & Grant - not "chic" but hands down my favorite bar in Cap Hill. Piano bar, great ambiance. Every girl I've ever taken there has loved it.

Cheeky Monk- I know you won't go there, but this is my girlfriend's favorite place to go for dinner/drinks.

I haven't been to the Cheeky Monk in Denver, just the one in Winter Park.

seanpgk
01-26-2011, 07:50 PM
I haven't been to the Cheeky Monk in Denver, just the one in Winter Park.

Cheeky Monk- Colfax & Pearl, in renovated brick building on the corner. I've been to both and prefer the Denver location. Winter Park is cool and new, Denver location has a little more character though. Great spot for people-watching as they walk by on Colfax. Your date may not be a fan of that though.

seanpgk
01-26-2011, 07:57 PM

Wyman's No 5 is pretty solid, but not really walking distance from the Capitol.

seanpgk
01-26-2011, 08:04 PM
Almost forgot about the Irish Snug at Colfax & Lafayette. Awesome place.

http://irishsnug.com/

Boobs McGee
01-26-2011, 09:42 PM
We know you're checking the mane on your date right now....where did ya end up going? Did any of our selections produce a random bout of public (ph)felatio for you?

broncosteven
01-26-2011, 09:44 PM

Go to Dozens prgame for breakfast before going up to see the new FOX Era start.

InMyCornerOfTheWorld
01-26-2011, 10:13 PM
Go to Dozens prgame for breakfast before going up to see the new FOX Era start.

Dozens looks good broncosteven! Just checked their website. I think I'll be going there this coming September :sunshine:

Mogulseeker
01-27-2011, 09:12 AM
We know you're checking the mane on your date right now....where did ya end up going?

I played it safe and just took a cab to Forrest Room 5. Decent upscale bar and good beer selection.

Did any of our selections produce a random bout of public (ph)felatio for you?

I don’t talk about these things... especially when she’s a huge Broncos fan and there is the possibility that she/her father might have come across this site from time to time. I have no evidence of this, just speculation.

chawknz
01-27-2011, 10:28 AM
Seriously, take her to a gay bar (JRs). Girls always have a great time there. And you don't need to be jealous when guys talk to her.

Win win.

Mogulseeker
01-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Seriously, take her to a gay bar (JRs). Girls always have a great time there. And you don't need to be jealous when guys talk to her.

Win win.

In theory this sound like a good idea.

This happened in Amsterdam and I didn't even know it. She realized it, and wanted to leave, so IDK.

spdirty
01-27-2011, 11:01 AM
I would get her in a Taxi and drive out to Shotgun Willys.

Come on, she's a classy lady. Have to do the Diamond Cabaret. They have a good buffet.

Greatspirits
01-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Yep, Bob loves that bar......

HAHAHAHAH! That's funny!!

Bronco Vixen
01-27-2011, 03:05 PM

and who says romance is dead!

Bronco Vixen
01-27-2011, 03:07 PM

I love Denver, but tend to be just like that little sibling who tries desperately to be like the big boys and girls and just ends up looking silly. The "beauty" of the beauty bar was it's uniqueness. sigh.

serious hops
01-27-2011, 03:11 PM
I love Denver, but tend to be just like that little sibling who tries desperately to be like the big boys and girls and just ends up looking silly. The "beauty" of the beauty bar was it's uniqueness. sigh.

I moved back to Denver early last year, and was stunned to see that the filthy Snakepit had become a place called "Beauty Bar."

Oh, the irony!