PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space 2 launches tonight

Pontius Pirate
01-24-2011, 03:13 PM
It's gonna be great. Currently above 90 on the metacritic:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CMo2xhbvNb4" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

jhns
01-24-2011, 03:15 PM
I just got the first dead space on the computer. It was only 5 dollars as a promotion for the new one. I haven't played it yet though.

Doggcow
01-24-2011, 04:09 PM
It's entertaining for it's 10 hours or so of gameplay.

I'll probably rent and never think about it again.

Los Broncos
01-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Looks pretty sick, cant for Homefront and Modern Warfare 3 this year.

Los Broncos
01-24-2011, 04:20 PM
It's entertaining for it's 10 hours or so of gameplay.

I'll probably rent and never think about it again.

I buy a game, play it then trade it in towards another one later.

Chris
01-24-2011, 05:06 PM

Bad for developers since the retailer gets all the money. Just sayin.

Doggcow
01-24-2011, 05:13 PM

I have rentals at blockbuster just for this reason. $20 a month for unlimited games/movies.

I go through about 5 or so games a month and watch just about every movie and tv show I like.

yerner
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
just looked up my gamefly and it shipped today. can't wait. i'm scared.

Punisher
01-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Los Broncos
01-24-2011, 06:46 PM
I have rentals at blockbuster just for this reason. $20 a month for unlimited games/movies.

I go through about 5 or so games a month and watch just about every movie and tv show I like.

That's cool, sounds like I have it all wrong.

Doggcow
01-24-2011, 07:11 PM
That's cool, sounds like I have it all wrong.

Well you're investing around $40 per game your way. I just graduated college, I have to be more frugal with my spending.

Archer81
01-24-2011, 07:17 PM
The commercial with the mothers watching game footage is great. I have the original, played halfway through it, then switched to Uncharted 2. Some good games are coming out in the next few months.

Dead Space 2 and Homefront are the two games on my I want these list.

:Broncos:

Los Broncos
01-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Well you're investing around $40 per game your way. I just graduated college, I have to be more frugal with my spending.

Yeah and I have a decent job so I can afford a game every six months.

Doggcow
01-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Yeah and I have a decent job so I can afford a game every six months.

And I have a decent enough job so I can afford 6 dozen games and movies every six months. :)

Los Broncos
01-24-2011, 08:01 PM
And I have a decent enough job so I can afford 6 dozen games and movies every six months. :)

I only have the attention span for one game at a time, finish it then move on.

extralife
01-24-2011, 08:03 PM
you people like the stupidest games. I don't think I've heard of anyone even mentioning dead space 2 outside of that ridiculously 90's "shock" commercial EA figured they'd need to run to get into the news again

ZONA
01-24-2011, 08:03 PM
I didn't like the 1st one that much. Decent but didn't leave a lasting impression. I still think L4D2 owns right now. There's nothing quite like being low on health and ammo and one of your teammates accidentally triggers a siren and the yell of the hoard pierces the air.

Time to pull that shotgun out and blow off a few legs and arms - yeah !!!

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/04/left_4_dead_achievements.jpg

Archer81
01-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Games on my I am going to get these list:

Deadspace 2
Homefront
Mortal Kombat
Batman: Arkham City
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Elder Scrolls 5
InFamous 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Pontius Pirate
01-24-2011, 09:15 PM
you people like the stupidest games. I don't think I've heard of anyone even mentioning dead space 2 outside of that ridiculously 90's "shock" commercial EA figured they'd need to run to get into the news again

So, fat comic book store owner from The Simpson, tell us what games we should like.

Pontius Pirate
01-24-2011, 09:17 PM

Deadspace 2
Homefront
Mortal Kombat
Elder Scrolls 5
InFamous 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2

That's close to mine but I'd take out MK, Uncharted, and FF - and would sub in ME3

Pontius Pirate
01-24-2011, 09:20 PM
I didn't like the 1st one that much. Decent but didn't leave a lasting impression. I still think L4D2 owns right now. There's nothing quite like being low on health and ammo and one of your teammates accidentally triggers a siren and the yell of the hoard pierces the air.

Time to pull that shotgun out and blow off a few legs and arms - yeah !!!

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/04/left_4_dead_achievements.jpg

L4D2 is a good multiplayer game whereas DS is a game you play in the dark by yourself with the volume up and lights out. Oh yeahhhhhh

Los Broncos
01-24-2011, 10:04 PM

Deadspace 2
Homefront
Mortal Kombat
Elder Scrolls 5
InFamous 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Good list, I would add Future Soilder.

DBruleU
01-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Good list, I would add Future Soilder.

GRAW got pushed back. I think to next year.

DBruleU
01-24-2011, 10:24 PM
That's close to mine but I'd take out MK, Uncharted, and FF - and would sub in ME3

You'd take Uncharted out of there? Tsk tsk...one of the best games I have ever played.

Archer81
01-24-2011, 10:56 PM

Mass Effect 2 and 3 are on my maybe list. I'll buy ME2 and see if I like it. PS3 is getting ME2 and ME3 relatively close to one another. From what I hear, its a good one. And Uncharted is one of the better gaming series. Its my type of game, but then again it fits my lifelong ambition to become Indiana Jones.

Mortal Kombat is a pure nostalgia buy. I was 12 years old when I found MK for the SNES. I begged my mom for weeks to get MK2 and she did. When I got the Playstation I was one of the geeks that got the MK: Mythologies Sub Zero game. I played it through and finished it. I was also one of the MK and MKII movie nerds. I could not be beat with Sub Zero. My brothers and friends instituted a rule, if they played me I couldnt be the dude...but I was nearly as good with Scorpion.

Memories.

Doggcow
01-24-2011, 11:02 PM

Deadspace 2
Homefront
Mortal Kombat
Elder Scrolls 5
InFamous 2
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Id put Dragon Age over every single one of those games....

Archer81
01-24-2011, 11:06 PM

To each their own. Dragon Age II is on my maybe list as well.

Doggcow
01-24-2011, 11:12 PM
To each their own. Dragon Age II is on my maybe list as well.

It just makes no sense that you'd have FF XIII-2... and not Dragon Age.

I mean...as good as X-2 (Dress Spheres?) was, and as great as XIII was... It's a recipe for awesome.

Archer81
01-24-2011, 11:17 PM
It just makes no sense that you'd have FF XIII-2... and not Dragon Age.

I mean...as good as X-2 (Dress Spheres?) was, and as great as XIII was... It's a recipe for awesome.

FF series is hit or miss for me. I liked FF13, I liked the characters and story line, so I want to see them develop a bit further. I've never played Dragon age, so I dont know enough about it, so its on the maybe list. The last 2 months I have been playing Uncharted 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Resident Evil 5 and COD: Black Ops. So I want to try some new games.

Doggcow
01-24-2011, 11:25 PM
FF series is hit or miss for me. I liked FF13, I liked the characters and story line, so I want to see them develop a bit further. I've never played Dragon age, so I dont know enough about it, so its on the maybe list. The last 2 months I have been playing Uncharted 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Resident Evil 5 and COD: Black Ops. So I want to try some new games.

Pretty much everything Bioware makes is a must have.

Go play all of them.

DA
ME
KOTOR
BG

etc....

extralife
01-25-2011, 01:19 AM
So, fat comic book store owner from The Simpson, tell us what games we should like.

someone already seems to be doing that for you brospeh

ZONA
01-25-2011, 01:40 AM
I'll tell you a game that will make you and your gaming friends bust a gut laughing is FlatOut. We race a little bit but we get 8 guys in the derby and it's nothing but gut wrenching laughs all night. Watching that guy fly out of his car as you slam into his side is funnier then hell. Hilarious!

Got all 3 FlatOut games on Steam for $4 during Christmas.

http://www.gamingheaven.com/gamingreviewimages/flatoutultimatepc/pictures/FOUC_PC_derby10.jpg

Gort
01-25-2011, 04:46 AM
i can't wait for Pong 2.

Pontius Pirate
01-25-2011, 10:25 AM
someone already seems to be doing that for you brospeh

Oh, I remember you. You're the Halo guy. Yeah bro, Halo is the pinnacle of videogame development. It's groundbreaking. And no one told you to like Halo - you did that all by yourself big boy! Every game sucks unless it's HALO!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2741170&postcount=95

Pontius Pirate
01-25-2011, 10:26 AM

DA2 looks amazing. I still prefer free-roam environments like in Oblivion, but DA2 characters should be great.

LetsGoBroncos
01-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Nobody play Red Dead Redemption?????

Pontius Pirate
01-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Nobody play Red Dead Redemption?????

I played it and got to the last zone and got bored / quit. It's a beautiful game and the environment is fun to explore....but it seemed that everything kinda got repetitive. I also thought the auto aim function (while totally necessary because the aiming mechanics, without it, are wonky) made it way too easy. I also got sick of having to pick herbs, play horse-shoes, and get whatever feathers from an eagle that you had to get on the side-quests.

ME2 is my pick for GOTY. But RDR was up there.

LetsGoBroncos
01-25-2011, 01:01 PM
I played it and got to the last zone and got bored / quit. It's a beautiful game and the environment is fun to explore....but it seemed that everything kinda got repetitive. I also thought the auto aim function (while totally necessary because the aiming mechanics, without it, are wonky) made it way too easy. I also got sick of having to pick herbs, play horse-shoes, and get whatever feathers from an eagle that you had to get on the side-quests.

ME2 is my pick for GOTY. But RDR was up there.

I love it. The online play is awesome