PDA

View Full Version : Latest on D-Coordinator?

LetsGoBroncos
01-24-2011, 02:24 PM
What is the latest? I know we interviewed the Saints DB coach....must not have been too impressed if we haven't hired him yet.

LetsGoBroncos
01-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Would Keith Butler from Pittsburgh even be a possibility? I heard he is kinda their D-Coordinator in waiting whenever LaBeau leaves....which speaking of which rumor here in AZ is he may be coming here

PRBronco
01-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Would Keith Butler from Pittsburgh even be a possibility? I heard he is kinda their D-Coordinator in waiting whenever LaBeau leaves....which speaking of which rumor here in AZ is he may be coming here

That would be a nice hire, but now that I think about it, I don't think they've been interviewing any 3-4 guys at all, have they?

BroncoDoug
01-24-2011, 02:42 PM
I think they are waiting for green bays dline coach

LetsGoBroncos
01-24-2011, 02:43 PM
I think they are waiting for green bays dline coach

Ya, I think so too. Except I heard he may not be that interested...I hate for us to wait a few weeks only for him to say no

meangene
01-24-2011, 02:47 PM
I hate for us to wait also. Plus, we have assistant coaches in limbo. I think we can go with a position coach as defensive coordinator with Fox's defensive background. Just hire Allen already!

pricejj
01-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Some interesting information regarding Trgovac:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/114404784.html

There was also a report on 1/21 that he would be interested in "listening to the Broncos". Of course all of that will have to wait until after the Superbowl.

1. Mike Trgovac - Green Bay - available for interview after Superbowl 2/6
2. Keith Butler - Pittsburgh - available for interview after Superbolw 2/6
3. Dennis Allen - New Orleans - interviewed 1/21

If Dennis Allen isn't hired in the next couple of days, I expect the Broncos to request an interview with Trgovac directly after the Superbowl is over.

serious hops
01-24-2011, 04:56 PM
If Dennis Allen isn't hired in the next couple of days, I expect the Broncos to request an interview with Trgovac directly after the Superbowl is over.

Yep, pretty much. The fact that we haven't set up any other interviews (or even expressed interest in doing so) would seem to indicate pretty clearly that we're probably waiting for someone from the staff of one of the remaining playoff teams. Trgovac would appear to be the most logical and likely candidate. Although some may wring their hands about tampering, I honestly have to wonder if Fox and Trgovac may have even spoken about it already.

listopencil
01-24-2011, 04:56 PM
We need to start working on nicknames. I'm gonna go with Turbovac if Trgovac gets hired.

listopencil
01-24-2011, 04:58 PM
If the guy from Pitt gets hired and the D still sucks...The Butler Did It.

gunns
01-24-2011, 04:59 PM

This is who I'm interested in. But it sounds like the GB guy maybe who they are waiting for.

serious hops
01-24-2011, 05:00 PM
We need to start working on nicknames. I'm gonna go with Turbovac if Trgovac gets hired.

Not intimidating enough for our new DC-- can we go with something more like "Genghis Khan?"

TonyR
01-24-2011, 05:24 PM
If LeBeau retires Butler might get the job in Pittsburgh.

Play2win
01-24-2011, 06:59 PM
We need to start working on nicknames. I'm gonna go with Turbovac if gets hired.

Dr. Trgovac

broncswin
01-24-2011, 07:33 PM
oohh how about McTrgovac...lol

OBF1
01-24-2011, 09:51 PM
We hired him :)