PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with Cutler and the Past?

Mountain Bronco
01-24-2011, 11:24 AM
As I count it there are 12 Cutler threads on the first page (this makes 13). Why is this board so obsessed with the past and who is right and who is wrong especially with Cutler? He has been gone for 2 years, and we are beyond even the coach who traded him for crying out loud.

Can't we move along? How about no more Cutler threads for about a month unless there is a relevant article in the media taht talks about both Cutler and the Broncos?

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 11:26 AM
As I count it there are 12 Cutler threads on the first page (this makes 13). Why is this board so obsessed with the past and who is right and who is wrong especially with Cutler? He has been gone for 2 years, and we are beyond even the coach who traded him for crying out loud.

Can't we move along? How about no more Cutler threads for about a month unless there is a relevant article in the media taht talks about both Cutler and the Broncos?It has nothing to do with the past.

I would love to see Phillip Rivers fail, I loved watching Cassel's impotence in the playoffs, I loved watching Brady flop.

I like watching players I can't stand fail. Cutler's fail is very much in the present.

PRBronco
01-24-2011, 11:26 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Rohirrim
01-24-2011, 11:27 AM
There are too many goddamn Cutler threads!

Here. Let me start another one. :rofl:

bronco militia
01-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Jake Plummer did the Mane a favor by retiring

signed,

Brian Griese

Mountain Bronco
01-24-2011, 11:34 AM

You are totally right, but this isn't really about Cutler, just why people are so obsessed.

I also love seeing him fail, but wouldn't one Cutler failed thread be enough?

Just stirring the pot a little more really.

footstepsfrom#27
01-24-2011, 11:36 AM
As I count it there are 12 Cutler threads on the first page (this makes 13). Why is this board so obsessed with the past and who is right and who is wrong especially with Cutler?
Hold on while I post a thread on that.

Killericon
01-24-2011, 11:36 AM

I'm gonna start a thread talking about how we have too much talk about how we have too much Cutler talk.

Peoples Champ
01-24-2011, 11:37 AM
It has nothing to do with the past.

I would love to see Phillip Rivers fail, I loved watching Cassel's impotence in the playoffs, I loved watching Brady flop.

I like watching players I can't stand fail. Cutler's fail is very much in the present.

I agree

FantomForce
01-24-2011, 11:47 AM

+10 People bitch a lot, so let me bitch about people bitching, damn I am awesome :sunshine:

Rohirrim
01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
+10 People b**** a lot, so let me b**** about people b****ing, damn I am awesome :sunshine:

I think this thread is more nuanced.

tsiguy96
01-24-2011, 11:52 AM
hell im sick of reading about it. hes been exposed, can we talk about something else like kittens or the broncos

bronco militia
01-24-2011, 11:54 AM
its Tebow time!

bendog
01-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Tim would have won that game with torn ACLs in both knees.

Rohirrim
01-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Tim would have won that game with torn ACLs in both knees.

The Mighty Tebow could play through an amputation.

Gort
01-24-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm gonna start a thread talking about how we have too much talk about how we have too much Cutler talk.

in the future, there will be only 1 forum on the OM. in that 1 forum, there will be only 1 thread. that thread shall be titled, "Denver Broncos & the NFL: Past, Present, and Future". OM users will only ever post on that thread.

...and yet, there will still be somebody complaining about too many Cutler threads.

DrFate
01-24-2011, 12:09 PM
John Fox is the Broncos head coach (we need a fox emoticon graphic, BTW)
Tim Tebow is the Broncos QB :tebow:

Maybe some regular posters on this board could be the bigger man (or woman), grow up, and cease/desist the continuous 'MY guy sucks, but YOUR guy sucks more!!'

bendog
01-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Dammit, Jim. You can't ahve too much culter talk!

Steve Sewell
01-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Its because we Omane message board addicts have little else to talk about right now.

cmhargrove
01-24-2011, 12:41 PM

Kaylore
01-24-2011, 01:06 PM
Bronco fans in general live in the past.

A third of them live in 1998. Another third live in 2007.

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 01:27 PM

Can't we move along? How about no more Cutler threads for about a month unless there is a relevant article in the media taht talks about both Cutler and the Broncos?

Dude is a bigtime player in a bigtime NFL city. The subject of the biggest trade in the NFL for a long, long time. Traded for two #1's. Name the last time before Jay Cutler a player was traded for TWO #1's.

55CrushEm
01-24-2011, 01:40 PM

So what does the third 1/3 live in?

Ha!

tsiguy96
01-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Dude is a bigtime player in a bigtime NFL city. The subject of the biggest trade in the NFL for a long, long time. Traded for two #1's. Name the last time before Jay Cutler a player was traded for TWO #1's.

eli manning i believe. jags derrick harvey was drafted and it took 2 #1s to get to that spot to get him.

cutthemdown
01-24-2011, 01:44 PM
It makes sense to me because he was in the playoffs and there were rumblings about what a setback trading him was in the media. Its all relevant for now. We even have portis/bailey threads sometimes. Those threads were going on for the first 3-4 yrs after that big trade.

Cutler and how he does will be news in Broncoland for a couple yrs yet. Especially when he makes the news like he did by being a pussy this past weekend.

Cutler is an avg QB with an above avg arm. Thats not really a combo for success in the nfl when you lack toughness.

strafen
01-24-2011, 01:50 PM
So what does the third 1/3 live in?

Ha!2009-2010
They love Mcdaniels just as much as they hate Cutler... ^5

bendog
01-24-2011, 01:59 PM
I think you got one group (generation) that goes back to 76 and even beyond. We're the guys who say "you pissants don't know what hard was. we had to shovel the snow off our own seats" And we actually did have to one time. Then you have the guys who became fans in the Elway era, and who I assume are the 97 guys. Then you have the guys who never really saw much, or any, of Elway, and they're the McD guys, who are just pissed they got left out and were happy to see shanny gone because he represtented what they'd missed.

Inkana7
01-24-2011, 02:18 PM
I think you got one group (generation) that goes back to 76 and even beyond. We're the guys who say "you pissants don't know what hard was. we had to shovel the snow off our own seats" And we actually did have to one time. Then you have the guys who became fans in the Elway era, and who I assume are the 97 guys. Then you have the guys who never really saw much, or any, of Elway, and they're the McD guys, who are just pissed they got left out and were happy to see shanny gone because he represtented what they'd missed.

Maybe the dumbest assumption I've seen on this site.

bendog
01-24-2011, 02:19 PM

you need to read your own posts more carefully then.

Inkana7
01-24-2011, 02:21 PM
you need to read your own posts more carefully then.

I'm too busy being jealous of everyone who got to see Elway in his prime.

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 02:25 PM
eli manning i believe. jags derrick harvey was drafted and it took 2 #1s to get to that spot to get him.

Eli was a draftee though, not an NFL player, and they swapped him for Rivers plus a #2 in the same draft I'm thinking, which became Drew Brees. Refresh me. Derrick Harvey, I don't know about that, but he was also a draftee not an NFL player.

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 02:29 PM

Please.

txtebow
01-24-2011, 02:31 PM

Easy. BECAUSE HIS SEASON WAS STILL GOING ON AS OF YESTERDAY AND WE FINISHED 4-12. MORON.

Peoples Champ
01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Easy. BECAUSE HIS SEASON WAS STILL GOING ON AS OF YESTERDAY AND WE FINISHED 4-12. MORON.

I know, of course we are gonna talk about the current NFL games, last week it was Brady and the Jets, this week its cry baby cutler, next 2 weeks it will be big ben and aaron rodgers, and after the superbowl, we will be talking about college players who we think the broncos can draft.

Kaylore
01-24-2011, 03:25 PM
2009-2010
They love Mcdaniels just as much as they hate Cutler... ^5

I don't think there is anyone left who likes McDaniels, let alone loves him. Certainly not a third of the fans on this site anyway.

TailgateNut
01-24-2011, 04:09 PM

......and some of us go WAY BAAACK!;)

Pontius Pirate
01-24-2011, 04:19 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/229828570.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1295912120&Signature=20SgGPzmugUFCuV3ZEmDmkT6LPY%3D

razorwire77
01-24-2011, 04:25 PM

To quote Joe Biden, "because it's a big ****ing deal."

Had it simply been a situation where Cutler was clearly knocked out with a concussion, you would have a few threads, some inappropriate comments and that would be it. But the sheer epicness of Jay's fail in the NFC championship has demanded it. It's not obsession for most posters as much as it's the fact that for the first time my 28 years of watching football, you have multiple current and former players along with fans openly questioning a starting quarterback's toughness. You have a mainstream news outlet creating Jay Quitler headlines. That doesn't even include the 31.8 QB rating subplot and the fact he got severely outplayed by an undrafted free agent 3rd string backup.

NUB
01-24-2011, 04:45 PM
It makes sense to me because he was in the playoffs and there were rumblings about what a setback trading him was in the media. Its all relevant for now. We even have portis/bailey threads sometimes. Those threads were going on for the first 3-4 yrs after that big trade.

Cutler and how he does will be news in Broncoland for a couple yrs yet. Especially when he makes the news like he did by being a p***Y this past weekend.

Cutler is an avg QB with an above avg arm. Thats not really a combo for success in the nfl when you lack toughness.

This. It is like the Bailey-Portis trade x20. The trade is going to be relevant to both teams for a long time because one gave up a QB and the other a load of draft picks. One way to measure what we have gained is to look at what the Bears didn't same way we did with Bailey-Portis. Redskins got a goofy short-term runningback; we got a long-term cornerback and maintained our run-game without a hitch. Bears got a talented non-leader at quarterback; we got a bunch of picks.

One motive for these threads might be the simple, little, obvious, disturbing fact that Cutler -- whether he pussed out or is a terrible leader or whatever else -- got to a championship game while we are more or less a devastated franchise right now praying to God that Tim Tebow does not bust hard on us because we basically have nothing else to go on. While not actively rooting against Cutler as some do, I still prefer him not win anything because this sort of trade -- swinging one way or the other -- is historically significant and will be up there with Herschel Walker when people talk about all-time **** ups or successes.

Tombstone RJ
01-24-2011, 04:46 PM

your joking, right? Hilarious! oh, man you are funny!! LOL no, seriously, you crasck me up ROFL!