PDA

View Full Version : Trevor Pryce

Sassy
01-23-2011, 10:56 PM
PITTSBURGH ó Trevor Pryce hasnít been a Bronco in five years, but he hasnít stopped paying attention to whatís going on in Denver....

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/01/23/former-bronco-trevor-pryce-a-fan-of-fox/6691/

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
01-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Ring of Fame! Ring of Fame! Ring of Fame!

Sassy
01-23-2011, 11:12 PM
I miss Pryce :(

Los Broncos
01-24-2011, 12:51 AM
I miss my Pryce jersey.

BroncosMT
01-24-2011, 06:57 AM
I miss Pryce :(

I kind of do too....think he was kind of given the shaft here....

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Pryce was terrible here. He was a malcontent underachiever. Of course he's batting his eyes at Denver. He's a washed up FA who knows his only chance at another decent pay day is for someone to over pay him based on nostalgia.

ghostofjosh
01-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Pryce was terrible here. He was a malcontent underachiever. Of course he's batting his eyes at Denver. He's a washed up FA who knows his only chance at another decent pay day is for someone to over pay him based on nostalgia.

are you kidding?..he was a beast when he was here

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 07:06 AM
are you kidding?..he was a beast when he was here

He had 1.5 decent years right before a contract, signed a huge deal, and his production fell off a cliff while he worked on his record production company.

Ratboy
01-24-2011, 07:11 AM
He had 1.5 decent years right before a contract, signed a huge deal, and his production fell off a cliff while he worked on his record production company.

Are you sure you're talking about the same guy?

Tombstone RJ
01-24-2011, 08:01 AM
PITTSBURGH ó Trevor Pryce hasnít been a Bronco in five years, but he hasnít stopped paying attention to whatís going on in Denver....

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/01/23/former-bronco-trevor-pryce-a-fan-of-fox/6691/

Thank God Trevor approves. Whooo, I'm relieved as hell right now...

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Are you sure you're talking about the same guy?

Yes

footstepsfrom#27
01-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Pryce had 58 sacks in the 6 seasons spanning 1998-2003 following his rookie year, got hurt and missed 14 games in 2004 when he had only 2 sacks, then fell off to 4 the next season. His production didn't fall until he got hurt, and during the 6 year stretch he never had fewer than 7 sacks. Much of this came from the DT position as well, making his current sack total of 91 more impressive.

oubronco
01-24-2011, 09:07 AM
http://demotivational.ca/haters-gonna-hate/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/haters-gonna-hate-kid.jpg

Mediator12
01-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Pryce had 58 sacks in the 6 seasons spanning 1998-2003 following his rookie year, got hurt and missed 14 games in 2004 when he had only 2 sacks, then fell off to 4 the next season. His production didn't fall until he got hurt, and during the 6 year stretch he never had fewer than 7 sacks. Much of this came from the DT position as well, making his current sack total of 91 more impressive.

The position switch he forced was the last straw. He did not want to get dirty playing the three tech and he quit trying as hard the last 2 years in DEN after the injury. He is one of those guys who could have been Warren Sapp 2 at the 3 tech, but he never tried to be the best, just good enough.

He has never been a starter since he left DEN, just a role player, and a fantastic one at that. Super talented, when he wants to be.....

TheChamp24
01-24-2011, 09:14 AM
He was a heck of a player here who got cut because he was owed $9 million and you don't pay that for someone who was producing like he was for 2 years.

Smilin Assassin
01-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Love me some Trevor Pryce.

I remember falling into the "In Shanahan I trust" motto, and thinking if he let Trevor go, there was a reason.

As much as I love Shanny, I was blind. I truely believe at times he let his ego get in the way of good decisions. Trevor (and Sharpe or Romo, for that matter) is a prime example.

I'm not hating on Shanny. Will always respect him and be thankful for what he was able to do in Denver. I just learned not to be so blind when it comes to Coach/GM vs Player. Just because the player doesn't get along w/the HC or team owner, doesn't mean I won't see when the departing player is right.

That said....I'll still never root for Cutler, Kennison, or Lelie .. :P

Jason in LA
01-24-2011, 09:29 AM
He was a heck of a player here who got cut because he was owed $9 million and you don't pay that for someone who was producing like he was for 2 years.

That's pretty much it right there. He was a hell of a player whose production fell off because of injuries, which pretty much forced the Broncos to release him. When he was healthy he was a beast. But when the injuries piled up his price tag was too much to keep around. It was good to see him get healthy again and become a good player again. It would have been great to see him stick around Denver, but the NFL just doesn't work that way.

It's understandable why the Broncos cut ties with him. It was pretty much a business decision, not because he wasn't good. You just can't keep a guy with great talent who is injured and not producing.

Drek
01-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Anyone else remember the interview Pryce did once talking about how hard it was to "live up to that big contract" and saying how he was always asking Al Wilson how he did it?

Kinda sums up Pryce right there to me. Great talent but like many players its hard to keep that fire burning once the bank account is well padded. When he first entered the league even first rounders didn't step into a "rich for the rest of your life" deal. Once he got his the fire just went out until Shanahan asking him to take a pay cut and then releasing him put a chip on his shoulder.

bendog
01-24-2011, 11:16 AM
http://www.footballdb.com/boxscore/2004010402

http://www.footballdb.com/boxscore/2005010901

http://www.footballdb.com/boxscore/2006012201

He was culteresque

Vegas_Bronco
01-24-2011, 11:30 AM
Anyone notice the guy on Jets def line named Keith Traylor?...any relation to our former DT?

Also, I was watching Bradlee Van Pelt call the game as an analyst for some British sports station...dude has a major muscle head.

RMT
01-24-2011, 11:32 AM
The guy was inactive for nearly every game his rookie season - and he was a 1st round pick so to say he was a "beast" is a stretch. If he had been, why was he inactive as a 1st rounder?

Vegas_Bronco
01-24-2011, 11:36 AM

Tough life for a d-end...if you don't get sacks, you suck. Most of them know how to pace themselves during the game and then try to make a paycheck on third down. Trevor was a pure artist at doing this. He could disappear all game long and then rack up 2 quick sacks in junk time. He was good but could have been HOFame.

bronco militia
01-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Tough life for a d-end...if you don't get sacks, you suck. Most of them know how to pace themselves during the game and then try to make a paycheck on third down. Trevor was a pure artist at doing this. He could disappear all game long and then rack up 2 quick sacks in junk time. He was good but could have been HOFame.

kyle orton approves of this post Ha!

footstepsfrom#27
01-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Except in one of those two years, he was injured and missed 14 games, so typical of Shanahan's respect for D-line contributions, he was sent packing, no doubt making making Pat Bowlen's decision easier since they wouldn't have re-signed him at that price anyway. I don't know if he dogged it or not, but I know he produced on the field better than anyone else we've had around here in a long time.

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 11:40 AM
The position switch he forced was the last straw. He did not want to get dirty playing the three tech and he quit trying as hard the last 2 years in DEN after the injury. He is one of those guys who could have been Warren Sapp 2 at the 3 tech, but he never tried to be the best, just good enough.

He has never been a starter since he left DEN, just a role player, and a fantastic one at that. Super talented, when he wants to be.....
Yup. He was always an underachiever who enticed the FO just enough to give him a huge deal, and then he went into coast mode.

bendog
01-24-2011, 11:41 AM
In three playoff loses in three consecutive years he had onehalf of one sack. He was a good defensive tackle till he got hurt. Shanny should have spent the money elsewhere. That contract haunted Den.

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 11:43 AM

He was a solid player who was cut because he didn't play anywhere near a level that would warrant paying him that amount of money.

At one point I think he was the highest paid DL in the history of the NFL, and he never came close, imo, to being the best DL in the league.

bendog
01-24-2011, 11:47 AM
He was a solid player who was cut because he didn't play anywhere near a level that would warrant paying him that amount of money.

At one point I think he was the highest paid DL in the history of the NFL, and he never came close, imo, to being the best DL in the league.

what was really the pisser was that after underachieving wiht that contract for years, he puts up a monster year for Balt.

BroncosMT
01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
what was really the pisser was that after underachieving wiht that contract for years, he puts up a monster year for Balt.

Yeah that is what i was thinking....damn....I guess change of scenery but still

Drek
01-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Yeah that is what i was thinking....damn....I guess change of scenery but still

It wasn't a change of scenery that did it. Giving him that monster deal took away his drive and it wasn't until Shanahan took that big dollar pay day away and cut him that he put the chip back on his shoulder and played with some real hunger again.

In today's NFL we see those guys flame out from day one because first round money is enough to live comfortably the rest of their days. Pryce came in the league before it got really out of hand so he manned up and busted ass until he got that big contract, then he started to coast and did all the things having money let him do, not continue fighting to be the best DT he could.

bendog
01-24-2011, 12:10 PM
I think it was having A.Thomas and Suggs plus Ngata, so teams couldn't double him. Not saying he's a bad guy or anything, but I'm as interested in his thoughts on Den about as much as I'd be interesting in Lambchop's, if Lambchop had any thoughts on Den

oubronco
01-24-2011, 12:14 PM
It wasn't a change of scenery that did it. Giving him that monster deal took away his drive and it wasn't until Shanahan took that big dollar pay day away and cut him that he put the chip back on his shoulder and played with some real hunger again.

In today's NFL we see those guys flame out from day one because first round money is enough to live comfortably the rest of their days. Pryce came in the league before it got really out of hand so he manned up and busted ass until he got that big contract, then he started to coast and did all the things having money let him do, not continue fighting to be the best DT he could.

Well it didn't hurt getting to play alongside some pretty damn good D-linemen either

mhgaffney
01-24-2011, 12:48 PM

BS. Pryce was a player. A highly intelligent player, I might add.

I should have said: "is" a player.

He sacked big Ben on Sunday, one of the toughest QBs in the league to bring down. Obviously Pryce has something left in the tank--

bendog
01-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Wish he'd have sacked Ben when he played for Den.

The Moops
01-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Trevor Pryce was an all-time great Bronco. 4 straight Pro Bowls during their Super Bowl years. 1st round pick who didn't disappoint.

He's played 15 years in the NFL at DT and DE. Made Pro Bowl at both positions. Think about that.