Requiem
01-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Cool, the MCL heals on its own.

TD30
01-23-2011, 07:15 PM
But he quit on his team.....

Williams
01-23-2011, 07:22 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6AQWaQkArpE" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

CSU Husker
01-23-2011, 07:26 PM
At this point the Bears medical staff would be smart to lie and say it was a tear, even if it wasnt.

TonyR
01-23-2011, 07:27 PM
I've read comments from several players suggesting you can play through a torn MCL.

listopencil
01-23-2011, 07:28 PM
...or he may have just quit on his team.

Williams
01-23-2011, 07:29 PM
At this point the Bears medical staff would be smart to lie and say it was a tear, even if it wasnt.

Very, very true.

Who cares about Cutler though? We have a winner now.
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/12/18/alg_tebow_broncos_celebrates2.jpg

Archer81
01-23-2011, 07:29 PM
I've read comments from several players suggesting you can play through a torn MCL.

MJD in Jacksonville did.

:Broncos:

KevinJames
01-23-2011, 07:30 PM
torn MCL is not nearly as difficult as a ACL is to play through and Rivers did that..... so yeah Cutler's heart pretty much pumps kool-aid

baja
01-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Tebow would have played if he had to carry his leg tucked under his non throwing arm.

RunSilentRunDeep
01-23-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm glad Jay is gone, but I think it's silly to make a judgment on how a player could perform when injured. Orton showed a lot of "heart" playing with injured ribs against the Cardinals, but the team would have been better off if they had switched to Tebow since Orton was sucking balls.

Dedhed
01-23-2011, 07:35 PM
He better hope it's far worse than that.

McDman
01-23-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm glad Jay is gone, but I think it's silly to make a judgment on how a player could perform when injured. Orton showed a lot of "heart" playing with injured ribs against the Cardinals, but the team would have been better off if they had switched to Tebow since Orton was sucking balls.

Yeah, Orton sucked balls, buuuut, he still tried his best to play. I know people are saying Cutler tried to go back in but I never once saw him get emotional or plea with the coaches to get in.

DivineBronco
01-23-2011, 07:38 PM
He better hope it's far worse than that.

this........

listopencil
01-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Tebow would have played if he had to carry his leg tucked under his non throwing arm.

Tebow would have thrown his leg down field, then caught his own TD pass with his toes. But he probably would have gone for two instead of attempting to kick the PAT. He's not stupid.

RunSilentRunDeep
Yeah, Orton sucked balls, buuuut, he still tried his best to play. I know people are saying Cutler tried to go back in but I never once saw him get emotional or plea with the coaches to get in.

Agreed, my only point is sometimes it is better to let the backup play.

ColoradoDarin
Cutler could have come back in if it was just his MCL, but he bruised his vag too, and that kept him out.

FantomForce
01-23-2011, 07:43 PM
<iframe title="youtube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6aqwaqkarpe" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

+1

bombay
01-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Doesn't matter. Chicago had a better chance with Hanie.

cutthemdown
01-23-2011, 07:49 PM
It better be torn. Anything that isn't serious and the fans in Chicago will hate him.

baja
01-23-2011, 07:50 PM

and that will hold true next season too. Quitler has lost his teammates

listopencil
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/23/criticism-of-cutler-mounts/

* Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3596) wrote (http://twitter.com/Jones_Drew32/status/29302626369667072), “All I’m saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee… I played the whole season on one.”

* Former NFL lineman and current ESPN analyst Mark Schlereth wrote (http://twitter.com/markschlereth/status/29322060442374144), “As a guy how had 20 knee surgeries you’d have to drag me out on a stretcher to Leave a championship game!”

* Cardinals defensive lineman Darnell Dockett wrote (http://twitter.com/ddockett/status/29319787611947008), “If I’m on chicago team jay cutler has to wait till me and the team shower get dressed and leave before he comes in the locker room!”

* Jaguars linebacker Kirk Morrison wrote (http://twitter.com/kirkmorrison55), “Jay Cutler better go put some Tussin on that knee and get back out there.”

* Deion Sanders wrote (http://twitter.com/deionsanders), “Im telling u in the playoffs u must drag me off the field. All the medicine in pro lockerooms this dude comes out! I apologize bear fans! . . . Folks i never question a players injury but i do question a players heart.

Even one of Cutler’s fellow quarterbacks, Oakland’s Bruce Gradkowski, got in on the action, writing (http://twitter.com/bgradkowski5) that he once played with two torn MCLs and adding, “Is cutler still ur starter next year? Did the players give up on him?”

Oh, and in Chicago, they’re already burning Cutler jerseys (http://twitpic.com/3su0uy).

Sounds like an interesting national story.

That One Guy

I was rooting for Hanie to make a fool out of Cutler with everyone else but it's a joke to say that Pack D was playing as well in the 2nd half as they did in the first. Both big plays came on blown defense - one blown tackling, one where the safety ran clean past the player and he just sidestepped a bit.

If Cutler stays in, doesn't **** the bed, and plays even mediocre then Chicago could very well have won that game. At very least Cutler would've thrown that ball hard enough that F'ing Raji wouldn't snatch it out of the air and go the other way with it.

That One Guy
01-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Agreed, my only point is sometimes it is better to let the backup play.

Not when the backup gets one series and the coaching staff starts wondering "WTF did I do?"

Hanie probably hasn't even seen the first stringers this season if Collins was the regular #2 so the thought that even a hobbled Cutler wouldn't be better than his backups is crazy.

BroncoMan4ever
01-23-2011, 07:53 PM

i agree. it would be easier to lie say he shredded his knee apart and it was a miracle he was able to stand on the sidelines than it will be trying to explain this crap to the fans

That One Guy
01-23-2011, 07:54 PM

We didn't have the SB on the line and we had what we assume is our QBOTF in waiting. It was the same scenario as when Cutler was behind Plummer and you have to wonder what the next guy can do. I can't imagine there were many watching today thinking "we should go with Collins, he'll provide some spark".

baja
01-23-2011, 07:56 PM
i agree. it would be easier to lie say he shredded his knee apart and it was a miracle he was able to stand on the sidelines than it will be trying to explain this crap to the fans

The truth will come out. The whole team will know the truth in time and someone wll talk.

Popps
01-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Again, the real story came before the injury.

6 for 14 in the first half... 1 INT. (Could have been more.)

Conversely, Rogers led his team to 2 scores.

Dedhed
01-23-2011, 07:59 PM
We didn't have the SB on the line and we had what we assume is our QBOTF in waiting. It was the same scenario as when Cutler was behind Plummer and you have to wonder what the next guy can do. I can't imagine there were many watching today thinking "we should go with Collins, he'll provide some spark".
Good point.

But I guarantee next year Bears fans will be saying "we should go with Hanie, he'll provide some spark"

baja
01-23-2011, 08:03 PM

True

I was so disappointed when he went out because he was about to melt down and start tossing INTs. They were going to come like babies poping out of Octi mom

sgbfan
01-23-2011, 08:04 PM
torn MCL is not nearly as difficult as a ACL is to play through and Rivers did that..... so yeah Cutler's heart pretty much pumps kool-aid

Not defending Cutler at all, but this just isn't true especially for a QB. An isolated ACL tear is almost painless (at least compared to the MCL), The MCL would be painful every time you straighten or cut on it and initially, every time you put weight on your leg. ACL is only worse because it needs surgery since there is no blood flow, therefore it takes a lot longer to come back from an MCL injury which heals on its own in 6-8 weeks.

schaaf
01-23-2011, 08:07 PM
so if it hurts to straighten so bad why was he STANDING on the sideline, I tore my MCL as a senior and missed about 5 plays.

brncs_fan
01-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Sharpe pulled himself out of the Super Bowl with a torn MCL. Just saying.

In other news...**** Cutler!

Dedhed
01-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Not defending Cutler at all, but this just isn't true especially for a QB. An isolated ACL tear is almost painless (at least compared to the MCL), The MCL would be painful every time you straighten or cut on it and initially, every time you put weight on your leg. ACL is only worse because it needs surgery since there is no blood flow, therefore it takes a lot longer to come back from an MCL injury which heals on its own in 6-8 weeks.

I've torn my MCL and never missed playing time. Hurt a lot.

I didn't have anything close to playing in the Super Bowl on the line either.

SoCalBronco
01-23-2011, 08:11 PM
That sucks.....but ofcourse that didnt stop people from pretending there was no injury at all. Get better, Jay.

StugotsIII
01-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Cutler also MAY be a homosexual donkey puncher.

baja
01-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Cutler also MAY be a homosexual donkey puncher.

with a closed fist???

That One Guy
01-23-2011, 08:13 PM

If this is 4th game of the season and your team is 2-2, nobody questions that Cutler pulled himself. It's the size of the situation that Cutler opted not to push through.

And.. that's assuming he did do it. Cutler is blaming Lovie and saying he wanted to keep playing. I think if it wasn't Lovie, he'll have to decide whether to not get that extension he is hoping for (he has one year left, I believe) or tell the truth and put it on Cutler - in essence putting them back into the search for a QB. That'd be the kind of QB/Coach fight that could ruin a relationship instantly.

Chicago is going to want SOMEONE to blame. They're assuming Cutler but the hatred could easily shift to Lovie with all the media attention that it's going to be getting.

broncocalijohn
01-23-2011, 08:13 PM
The truth will come out when everyone will see how he walksinto the downtown tavern tonight.

Hulamau
01-23-2011, 08:18 PM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/1/23/1952159/jay-cutler-burning-jersey-twitter-bears

Here's a good one including Cutler Jerseys already on fire in Chicago :-)!!

sgbfan
01-23-2011, 08:19 PM
I've torn my MCL and never missed playing time. Hurt a lot.

I didn't have anything close to playing in the Super Bowl on the line either.

All I said is that MCL would be more painful than an ACL, and for a qb, probably much more difficult to play on.

The problem is, most ACL injuries come with other injuries such as meniscus (can be very painful) and often MCL as well.

I'm not defending Cutler, and don't know what his injury was. But like you said, the MCL was painful. Thats all I was saying. I just think a lot of casual fans (and analysts) are fairly ignorant about knee injuries and what they mean in terms of playing with injury.

mwill07
01-23-2011, 08:20 PM
From Chicago Tribune:

Don't question Cutler's toughness
(http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-0124-bears-haugh-chicago--20110123,0,5643898.column)

I rarely agree with Olin Kreutz (http://www.chicagotribune.com/topic/sports/olin-kreutz-PESPT004101.topic) on anything other than what day it is. But Kreutz provided the perfect response to anybody suggesting otherwise — especially his NFL peers who ripped Cutler on the Internet.

"(Expletive) them, it's (expletive) stupid,'' Kreutz snapped. "I could see (his knee) wiggling when he was walking back in the huddle (late in the second quarter).''

On the second-to-the-last series before the half, Cutler felt a hit on the outside of his left knee. He finished the next two series but limped into the locker room with 32 seconds left. He was re-taped, rode the exercise bike to get a truer gauge and returned to play the first series of the third quarter.

"I was going to keep playing,'' Cutler said. "They made the decision (that) to give Todd (Collins) a shot would better suit the team.''

Cutler tried lobbying the Bears medical team. Asked if the knee lacked stability or mobility, Cutler answered, "Both.'' The pocket is no place for a quarterback that limited, especially against a Packers defense that aggressive.

"I knew it was probably better that I didn't (play),'' Cutler acknowledged. "I know my knee. I know my body.''

The mistake the Bears organization made was allowing any ambiguity about the injury and Cutler's status. The team made no announcement that Cutler officially was "out'' and the lack of specificity over the injury allowed hasty speculation to mount. Not that any of Cutler's teammates doubted him.

BroncoDoug
01-23-2011, 08:20 PM

This may have been true with or without the "injury"

But I think a bigger point to be made is still Cutlers perceived attitude toward it, he just shrugged his way to the bench, and listened to his iPod. He didn't accept any treatment, didn't talk to the coaches about what could be done to help him get better, or even talk to the other QBs to help them in the preparation. His attitude sucks, no matter how bad the "injury" was or wasn't

Hulamau
01-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Hey he was walking fine even if a little gingerly. For a game like this he could easily have insisted they duck-tape his arse and slap one of those hinged braces on his knee to prevent any further injury, shot his knee up with xylocaine and let er rip for the last 30 minutes of clock time on the 2011 playoffs!

There will be a major Bears PR effort now to convince everyone Cutler requires a knee transplant for survival.

mwill07
01-23-2011, 08:23 PM
True

I was so disappointed when he went out because he was about to melt down and start tossing INTs. They were going to come like babies poping out of Octi mom

This is the true tragedy. cutlers poor play is now overshadowed by injurygate, and we are all deprived of some legit cutler bashing.

bronco0608
Penguins Gonchar played with a torn MCL during playoffs

DenverBrit
From Chicago Tribune:
Not that any of Cutler's teammates doubted him.
(http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-0124-bears-haugh-chicago--20110123,0,5643898.column)

Right, Kreskin!

Broncos4Life
01-23-2011, 08:24 PM
<iframe title="youtube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6aqwaqkarpe" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
legendary!

sgbfan
If this is 4th game of the season and your team is 2-2, nobody questions that Cutler pulled himself. It's the size of the situation that Cutler opted not to push through.

And.. that's assuming he did do it. Cutler is blaming Lovie and saying he wanted to keep playing. I think if it wasn't Lovie, he'll have to decide whether to not get that extension he is hoping for (he has one year left, I believe) or tell the truth and put it on Cutler - in essence putting them back into the search for a QB. That'd be the kind of QB/Coach fight that could ruin a relationship instantly.

Chicago is going to want SOMEONE to blame. They're assuming Cutler but the hatred could easily shift to Lovie with all the media attention that it's going to be getting.

I'm just saying its stupid to compare one injury (in this case an alleged MCL tear) to a completely different injury (Rivers known ACL tear). Especially when your basis (ACL is more painful than MCL) is totally incorrect.

I still think Cutler is a pansy and wouldn't be surprised if he could have played but didn't.

DenverBrit
Penguins Gonchar played with a torn MCL during playoffs

Stink used to have knee surgery DURING the game.

Broncos4Life
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Now what about Rivers. Didn't he play in the Playoffs on a torn mcl?

lostknight
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM
I find it interesting that given that Cutler is the QB who has been sacked the most of any QB this season, behind one of the most questionably o-lines in the league, you all seem to think it's unreasonable that the o-line there might have just given way and gotten Cutler injured.

Especially given that Glass Ankle Orton did what after his latest set of injuries?

BroncoDoug
01-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Have they told Cutler which knee he hurt yet?

baja
01-23-2011, 08:41 PM
LOl good one ;D

SonOfLe-loLang
01-23-2011, 08:43 PM
MCL or no MCL he was also epically horrible before it. It was an epic fail for him today. Good enough to stand, good enough to try to play.

NFLBRONCO
01-23-2011, 08:44 PM
Cutler tore his MCL or McD

Dedhed
01-23-2011, 08:45 PM

I was wondering if they'll know which knee to do the MRI on.

Hulamau
01-23-2011, 08:45 PM

Yep Popps, it warms my heart to know that Cutler had already screwed the pooch with his inept play for an entire half of the most important game of his life before the alleged mystery knee injury happened.

A far better scenario than if he was lighting it up and making it a tight game before having to leave.

In any event lets give him a mild to moderate MCL sprain or partial tear. Even still he was moving around and standing on the sidelines walking around the entire second half .. mostly moping when he saw Hanie start to make of game of it.

If that had been Elway or Tebow and most other real QB's playing in a Championship game, I guarantee they would have had the trainer tape him up, throw on one of those kevlar knee braces to stabilize things and prevent further serious injury, shoot the knee up and get back to trying as hard as they could to win that thing.

When Hanie scored the 2nd TD they showed Cutler's face and he literally looked sick to his stomach. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize everything good Hanie does direct throws more egg on his face for the crappy 6 of 14 -80 yard and 1int performance in the first half.

Whatever, now that he is getting so much heat for this the Bears are going to do everything they can to make it sound like as serious an injury as possible.

Dedhed
01-23-2011, 08:46 PM
MCL or no MCL he was also epically horrible before it.
Which is why he quit.

HEAV
01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
7 played 16 years without a ACL.

Tebow played a highschool game with the break.

When your the franchise and the team needs you, you suck it up and play!

Jay Cutler = soft

baja
01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Yep Popps, it warms my heart to know that Cutler had already screwed the pooch with his inept play for an entire half of the most important game of his life before the alleged mystery knee injury happened.

A far better scenario than if he was lighting it up and making it a tight game before having to leave.

In any event lets give him a mild to moderate MCL sprain or partial tear. Even still he was moving around and standing on the sidelines walking around the entire second half .. mostly moping when he saw Hanie start to make of game of it.

When Hanie scored the 2nd TD they showed Cutler's face and he literally looked sick to his stomach. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize everything good Hanie does direct throws more egg on his face for the crappy 6 of 14 -80 yard and 1int performance in the first half.

Whatever, no that he is getting so much heat for this the Bears are going to do everything they can to make it sound like as serious an injury as possible.

He better get out of Chicago ASAP and stay gone for a few months.

Bronco Vixen
01-23-2011, 08:49 PM

He's probably at home right now hitting it with a sledgehammer.
Sledgehammer wielding? Oh wait, my bad, wrong QB.

Pitiful. I've been walking on a torn MCL all month.
Granted I only have to chase down a 3-year-old who has the "footspeed" of BJ Raji - but still!!

Broncos4Life
01-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Now what about Rivers. Didn't he play in the Playoffs on a torn mcl?

Anybody???

Archer81
01-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Anybody???

Thought he partially tore an ACL. Played on it with a knee brace.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
That sucks.....but ofcourse that didnt stop people from pretending there was no injury at all. Get better, Jay.

Please get better soon, Frown Cannon! I miss your sulk.

Love,
SoCal

Hulamau
01-23-2011, 09:12 PM

Some Chicago reporter is likely to stalk Cutler the next few weeks in hopes of getting video on him doing the watusie at his favorite Chicago dance club with his reality show honey :-)

t-diddy
01-23-2011, 09:39 PM
From Chicago Tribune:

Cutler tried lobbying the Bears medical team. Asked if the knee lacked stability or mobility, Cutler answered, "Both.''
"I knew it was probably better that I didn't (play),'' Cutler acknowledged. "I know my knee. I know my body.''

This is where it is obvious that he is not a competitor... the answer to that question, if you aren't a pussy, is "feels great Doc! No pain, feels totally normal... now get out of my way i have a football game to win!"

He answered, "Both". He wanted to come out.

DarkHorse
01-23-2011, 10:18 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WSo0IPqAWDI" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

HAT
01-23-2011, 10:21 PM

I hear Shanny texted him info on the perfect Cabo fishing vacation. (Get pics of what's her name tanning on the bow or GTFO.) :yayaya:

HEAV
01-23-2011, 10:40 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WSo0IPqAWDI" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

:strong:LOL

HEAV
01-23-2011, 10:48 PM
You will never Ever see or hear Jay Cutler do this!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4sGv2Zw-WQw" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

boppool
01-24-2011, 12:11 AM
I rarely agree with Olin Kreutz on anything other than what day it is. But Kreutz provided the perfect response to anybody suggesting otherwise — especially his NFL peers who ripped Cutler on the Internet.

"(Expletive) them, it's (expletive) stupid,'' Kreutz snapped. "I could see (his knee) wiggling when he was walking back in the huddle (late in the second quarter).''

On the second-to-the-last series before the half, Cutler felt a hit on the outside of his left knee. He finished the next two series but limped into the locker room with 32 seconds left. He was re-taped, rode the exercise bike to get a truer gauge and returned to play the first series of the third quarter.

"I was going to keep playing,'' Cutler said. "They made the decision (that) to give Todd (Collins) a shot would better suit the team.''

Cutler tried lobbying the Bears medical team. Asked if the knee lacked stability or mobility, Cutler answered, "Both.'' The pocket is no place for a quarterback that limited, especially against a Packers defense that aggressive.

The mistake the Bears organization made was allowing any ambiguity about the injury and Cutler's status. The team made no announcement that Cutler officially was "out'' and the lack of specificity over the injury allowed hasty speculation to mount. Not that any of Cutler's teammates doubted him.

Cool Story, Bro!

chrisp
01-24-2011, 04:59 AM
True

A-men! I didn't realise I hated Cutler as much as I did untill last night. I was fist-pumping every Green bay score or big play as if it was the broncos, yet as soon as he went out I sort of became neutral again - even got a bit excited about the bears late comeback....

I think the injury criticism is harsh - we only saw flashes of Jay on the sideline so we don't really know what kind of dialogue was going on there. Puls he's taken quite a lot of hits these last two years in Chicago. I'm actually more inclined to believe that Lovie kept him out because he knew that frustration was getting the better of Cutler and he was going to start flinging the rock all over the place. I think they were hoping that they could make some plays on defense and just wanted a safe pair of hands over center, same reason why they punted from the 31 in the first half when a missed field-goal would have only have added 11 yards to the touchback they got - they were trying to pin them back and then make a play on defence to get some points on the board...

Kaylore
01-24-2011, 05:31 AM
But he quit on his team.....

Phillip Rivers played in the AFCCG on a torn ACL. Just sayin'.

edog24
01-24-2011, 05:57 AM
You could play on a torn MCL. It wouldn't be pleasant, and the throwing accuracy would be bad (like there was any accuracy before the injury Hilarious!), but he could have definitely played out there. Just shoot it up, put a brace on there and he could have played no doubt.

FWIW, I think Hanie did a better job, and he did an amazing job for a third stringer.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 05:59 AM
You can play on a torn mcl. I've done it. Brace it, shoot it, and get out there with your team.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 06:16 AM
There are a few stages of a torn MCL... first 2 you can play through I believe... the others you probably couldn't stand or move on a stationary bike.

bfoflcommish
01-24-2011, 06:41 AM
OK, lets try to think about Jay and his feelings, he was OBVIOUSLY well enough to play ther final 2 drives of 2nd half right???? It wasnt until a typical Jay int after chicago Defense tipping the tide to their side that he decided to quit....UNLESS he hurt it in the lockerroom. Whats the chances of that?

I dont want to hear the i wanted to play the staff didnt let me. really???? so what about last half of 2nd qtr?

Chris
01-24-2011, 07:09 AM
Hanie should be allowed to compete for the starting job next year.

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 07:24 AM

From what I hear and read today the staff, trainers and Jay thought he was not going to be effective playing with the injury.

I guess one can still criticize him for not buckling down and gritting it out, willing himself to turn up his play a notch. OTOH, maybe it was the correct decision.

I tell ya though, he could have immortalized himself if he would have led a comeback.

“I knew it was probably better that I didn’t [go back in],’’ he said.“I knew my knee. I know my body.’’

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/3455542-419/cutler-sunday-bears-game-packers.html

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 07:30 AM

Well, honestly SoCal, it didn't look like it was a serious injury! He jogged to the locker room, he played a series, he rode the stationary bike.

montrose
01-24-2011, 07:44 AM

Hilarious!

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 07:48 AM
This is where it is obvious that he is not a competitor... the answer to that question, if you aren't a p***Y, is "feels great Doc! No pain, feels totally normal... now get out of my way i have a football game to win!"

He answered, "Both". He wanted to come out.

That's a good point. Also it being the left knee, the non-plant knee. I don't know, I don't want to bag on the guy too much, but there's certainly room to question the whole scenario behind the decision to pull out.

Mr.Meanie
01-24-2011, 08:00 AM

hahaha wtf?

colonelbeef
01-24-2011, 08:27 AM
and that will hold true next season too. Quitler has lost his teammates

Haha, he tore his MCL you ****ing moron

you Cutler haters are just too much

DivineBronco
01-24-2011, 08:28 AM

yaaaaaay the beef is here

colonelbeef
01-24-2011, 08:29 AM
You can play on a torn mcl. I've done it. Brace it, shoot it, and get out there with your team.

you've played QB in the NFL on a torn knee?

Link please

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 08:32 AM

You're naive if you think that even a torn MCL will keep the questions about Cutler at bay. Even from his teammates.

OABB
01-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Unless he tore it against Seattle there is no excuse for sucking in the first half.

Next.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 08:33 AM

Link please

Did I say I'd played quarterback in the NFL with a torn knee? No.

I said I'd played on a torn MCL. And I have. Playing left tackle. Where you're expected to plant and move on EVERY SINGLE DOWN.

I missed two plays.

You have a clue? Link please.

Garcia Bronco
01-24-2011, 08:34 AM
He could have played on that leg. He's a quiter. There is no way people can spin that. When the going gets tough; he quits.

Missouribronc
01-24-2011, 08:36 AM

Link please

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1140872/7/38/index.htm

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0806/playing.in.pain/images/philip_rivers.jpg

C130Herkload
01-24-2011, 08:37 AM
If by MCL you mean Vaj, then by all means, he's torn his Vaj. As all emo boys know, a torn Vaj will prevent you from doing most anything.....

Good job Hanie, way to represent CO.

go_broncos
01-24-2011, 08:48 AM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..Cutler and his lovers suck...

DivineBronco
01-24-2011, 08:51 AM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..Cutler and his lovers suck...

but you have to give them one thing....save for one guy I have not seen show up to defend him yet despite clearly lurking during and after the game at least they are fighting, which is more than can be said for the guy they are fighting for

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2011, 08:53 AM

Is that your excuse for the entire game, or for why he was benched in the 2nd half because of a completely ineffective 1st half?

colonelbeef
01-24-2011, 08:54 AM
You're naive if you think that even a torn MCL will keep the questions about Cutler at bay. Even from his teammates.

His teammates are on his side- read the quotes after the game.

So Deion Sanders thinks he should have played- Deion Sanders, the guy who was scared to tackle and couldn't play through turf toe- hilarious.

Cutler has been beaten to a pulp this season and continued to play. He gets his knee torn and can't finish, and al of a sudden his toughness is in question?

Are you people actually watching the games or just picking instances out of context to support your subjective opinions?

colonelbeef
01-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Is that your excuse for the entire game, or for why he was benched in the 2nd half because of a completely ineffective 1st half?

You guys are really embarrassing. Be objective just once.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 08:55 AM

Pot to kettle: "You're black."

Tombstone RJ
01-24-2011, 08:55 AM

I have a torn miniscus, did it while I was skiing. Structurally my knee is fine but when I tore the miniscus I was freaking out thinking I had seriously screwed up my knee. I could not put any weight on it becuase it felt like it would collapse.

I have no idea what a torn MCL feels like and I don't wanna know. But, if it's anything like a torn miniscus, I'm not sure I could play on it unless the team doctors shot me up with a bunch of pain killers...

oubronco
01-24-2011, 08:58 AM
I have a torn miniscus, did it while I was skiing. Structurally my knee is fine but when I tore the miniscus I was freaking out thinking I had seriously screwed up my knee. I could not put any weight on it becuase it felt like it would collapse.I have no idea what a torn MCL feels like and I don't wanna know. But, if it's anything like a torn miniscus, I'm not sure I could play on it unless the team doctors shot me up with a bunch of pain killers...

That is what cutler said and his center said it was wobbling

OABB
01-24-2011, 08:59 AM
his teammates are on his side- read the quotes after the game.

So deion sanders thinks he should have played- deion sanders, the guy who was scared to tackle and couldn't play through turf toe- hilarious.

Cutler has been beaten to a pulp this season and continued to play. He gets his knee torn and can't finish, and al of a sudden his toughness is in question?

Are you people actually watching the games or just picking instances out of context to support your subjective opinions?

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2011, 09:00 AM

So not answering the question is apparently the option you chose.

Amazing how Bears/Cutler fans are completely glossing over his 1st half performance.

baja
01-24-2011, 09:04 AM
but you have to give them one thing....save for one guy I have not seen show up to defend him yet despite clearly lurking during and after the game at least they are fighting, which is more than can be said for the guy they are fighting for

who would that be?

PRBronco
01-24-2011, 09:05 AM
I have a torn miniscus, did it while I was skiing. Structurally my knee is fine but when I tore the miniscus I was freaking out thinking I had seriously screwed up my knee. I could not put any weight on it becuase it felt like it would collapse.

I have no idea what a torn MCL feels like and I don't wanna know. But, if it's anything like a torn miniscus, I'm not sure I could play on it unless the team doctors shot me up with a bunch of pain killers...

I've read, several times, players saying that a torn meniscus is by far the most painful injury they've suffered. It's not the same as an MCL.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-24-2011, 09:06 AM
That is what cutler said and his center said it was wobbling

Yet he was standing on the sidelines....when you stand, do you not put weight on your knee?

Mile High Shack
01-24-2011, 09:08 AM
eh, I'm sure it did hurt, but Cutler is who he is.

A prima donna who has had one winning season since high school and when things get a little tough (*cough cough* when a coach might want to trade you - you quit) he kinda packs it in.

Great player when things are going well though

TonyR
01-24-2011, 09:09 AM
So Deion Sanders thinks he should have played- Deion Sanders, the guy who was scared to tackle and couldn't play through turf toe- hilarious.

LOL So Deion Sanders is the only one questioning Cutler?

baja
01-24-2011, 09:11 AM

He was perfectly healthy in the first half when he went 6 for 14 for 80 yards 0 TDs and 1 INT with a 43 QB rating.

Franchise QB he is not.

He was relieved to be out of the game and he's your hero, the fact you can't see that or see it and are not bothered by it says something about you.

oubronco
01-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Yet he was standing on the sidelines....when you stand, do you not put weight on your knee?

Dude i was just replying to tombstone. I don't want in on this bitchfest session but I see your point

Hercules Rockefeller
01-24-2011, 09:15 AM
LOL So Deion Sanders is the only one questioning Cutler?

Well I think all of us can agree that guys like Stink and MJD are bigger pussies than Deion . It'd be like shooting fish in a barrel for Beef to point out all the times those guys refused to play through pain.

footstepsfrom#27
01-24-2011, 09:18 AM
His teammates are on his side- read the quotes after the game.

Yeah I had to chuckle that it was Deon taking that position. He wasn't noted as a tough guy, more like a pretty boy prima donna type.

I've had half a dozen knee injuires from playing football, basketball and martial arts when I was a kid. I even had one worked on by Dr. Mariyama the old Broncos team physician back in the day, torn ligaments, cartiledge and assorted other structural issues, which is why I decided to knock off skiing long ago. I can only say this...every knee injury I ever had hurt like a bitch and I could barely walk, let alone ride a bike or jog. The first time I tore my knee up I was running back a punt in a high school intra-squad scrimmage and I don't remember any pain like that.

I don't like to say what anyone else would do with a knee injury since for all I know these guys are all shot up on pain killers and barely feel what's going on to their bodies anyway. Or maybe this cat's so tough he can ride a bike...I have no idea. What I do know is that his image is largely based on what people think of the look on his face. I frankly believe the dude has some issues with depression, etc...and he's added to his own problems with his actions off the field. The thing that makes no sense is that Cutler delivered this year playing behind the worst pass protection in the NFL. He led the NFL in sacks...how many more would he have had if he wasn't mobile? In any case, I like Tebow better and we've got the guy we need to build around, so why people can't get over their fascination with this guy is beyond me...he's been gone going on his 3rd year and he's still the hot topic. I guess he will be till he retires...ugh.

BroncoInferno
01-24-2011, 09:18 AM

Actually, you are embarassing yourself with your continued defense of Cutler. He proved once again yesterday that he is not a franchise QB. Philip Rivers played on a torn ACL, Orlandis Gary played an entire half of football on a torn ACL, Maurice Jones-Drew played the majority of a SEASON with a torn MCL....your boy Jay is a heartless joke. And, furthermore, he was playingl ike garbage before the injury anyway, just like anyone who has followed his career knew would happen. Anyone who thinks Cutler is a franchise QB after this is simply football ignorant.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Let's learn about MCL tears:

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/kneeinjuries/a/mclinjury_2.htm

Grade I MCL Tears

Grade I sprains of the MCL usually resolve within a few weeks. Treatment consists of:
Resting from activity
Icing the injury
Anti-inflammatory medications
Most patients with a grade I MCL tear will be able to return to sports within 1-2 weeks following their injury.
Grade II MCL Tears

When a grade II MCL sprain occurs, use of a hinged knee brace is common in early treatment. Athletes with a grade II injury can return to activity once they are not having pain over the MCL. Patients with a grade II injury often return to sports within 3-4 weeks after their injury.
Grade III MCL Tears

When a grade III injury occurs, patients usually wear a knee immobilizer and protect weight-bearing (crutches) for the first week to 10 days following injury. Patients should remove the immobilizer several times a day to work on bending their knee. After that time, the patient can begin wearing a hinged knee brace, and can begin to increase their range of motion in the knee. They can apply more weight to the knee as pain allows.
Once the patient can flex the knee at least to 100 degrees, they may begin riding a stationary bicycle. The crutches can be discontinued one the patient is able to walk without limping. Jogging can begin once the patient has regained 60% of their quadriceps strength (compared to the opposite side), and agility drills can begin one they have regained 80% of their strength. Complete rehab from a grade III MCL tear can take 3-4 months.

Is surgery ever needed for a MCL tear?
Some surgeons describe a so-called grade IV injury to the medial collateral ligament. This is also called a medial column injury, and involves injury to more ligaments than just the MCL. Whether or not to repair the MCL, even in these settings, is controversial. Some doctors prefer to allow all MCL injuries to heal without surgery, and some prefer to repair these most significant injuries to the MCL. No significant difference has been demonstrated in these patients.

---------------------------------------------------------

Now considering Jay Cutler was no on crutches, standing, walking around, on a bike, etc... I'd say he could have played through it.

misturanderson
01-24-2011, 09:24 AM

Very dissimilar injuries. The meniscus is within the joint and can inhibit the movement of the joint if it gets in the way. MCL sprain could easily be braced and played on as it is one of the external support structures of the knee. If it was as bad as they are claiming now, he should have been icing it.

enjolras
01-24-2011, 09:32 AM

I can objectively say that Cutler has the mental toughness of a baloney sandwich.

edog24
01-24-2011, 09:39 AM
In my opinion it's completely irrelevant what the press release is or what tests come back with. To save face, as others have indicated on these forums, the doctors and trainers will claim that it's a torn MCL.

The fact remains that he could ride the exercise bike, put weight on it without limping, and was not icing it. Those facts alone should confirm to most people that he could have played on it with a brace and painkillers. I am sure he would have severly limited to no mobility, but if the dude is a gamer (see Rivers), he would have sacked up and at least tried to go back out there.

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 09:48 AM
I swear to god he was limping on his right side as he came off the field after the first drive in the 2nd half, and they did an MRI on the left leg.

baja
01-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I swear to god he was limping on his right side as he came off the field after the first drive in the 2nd half, and they did an MRI on the left leg.

Clearly Jay was thinking ahead and was limping on his good leg so as to not disclose to the Packer's defense which knee it really was. That's what franchise quarterbacks do. - signed jhns

Phantom
01-24-2011, 10:40 AM
TD: "Coach, I can't see!"
Shanny: "Well get in there and help your teammates win a Super Bowl."
TD: "Okay!"

baja
01-24-2011, 10:43 AM

LOL with a migraine no less

TonyR
01-24-2011, 10:43 AM

I forgot all about that. My favorite Bronco ever.

Rohirrim
01-24-2011, 10:44 AM
I forgot all about that. My favorite Bronco ever.

Yep. TD. Talk about some awesome memories.

Hulamau
01-24-2011, 11:04 AM
......I don't like to say what anyone else would do with a knee injury since for all I know these guys are all shot up on pain killers and barely feel what's going on to their bodies anyway. Or maybe this cat's so tough he can ride a bike...I have no idea. What I do know is that his image is largely based on what people think of the look on his face. I frankly believe the dude has some issues with depression, etc...and he's added to his own problems with his actions off the field. The thing that makes no sense is that Cutler delivered this year playing behind the worst pass protection in the NFL. He led the NFL in sacks...how many more would he have had if he wasn't mobile? In any case, I like Tebow better and we've got the guy we need to build around, so why people can't get over their fascination with this guy is beyond me...he's been gone going on his 3rd year and he's still the hot topic. I guess he will be till he retires...ugh.

I agree it isnt so much a case of lack of physical toughness with Cutler .. its the mental part where he falls down and his personality issues are a reflection of that. That defensive dismissive surliness and arrogant facade are often found in people with some serious adjustment/self image issues that can crack under extreme pressure.

OABB
01-24-2011, 11:11 AM
I wonder if jhiz is starting to realize the truth....

He isn't posting much oddly. It's hard to tell where his head is at.

If I defended a guy who not only blew the biggest game of his career. But a guy that has many peers bashing him, I would feel stupid and embarrassed.

I know jhiz isn't the type to admit he was wrong, but his head has to be swirling with excuses like beefcurtains.

Why not just admit that cutler isn't a great qb? Why not just be honest with yourself?

jhns
01-24-2011, 11:15 AM
I would never lie to myself like that. Cutler has a long career ahead of him.

I still agree with the guy running this organization. It was a mistake to trade Cutler.

What do you mean not posting much? I have to be close to five times my daily average so far today.

TonyR
01-24-2011, 11:18 AM
I wonder if jhiz...

To his credit at least he showed up today. Many other Cutler fanboys/apologists were full of bravado all week but have been silent since the game. But he only gets partial credit because he's still not ready to admit he was wrong.

baja
01-24-2011, 11:22 AM
To his credit at least he showed up today. Many other Cutler fanboys/apologists were full of bravado all week but have been silent since the game. But he only gets partial credit because he's still not ready to admit he was wrong.

This

where are the revs, the so cals, the TJs of this board today?

broncosteven
01-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Sharpe pulled himself out of the Super Bowl with a torn MCL. Just saying.

In other news...**** Cutler!

Rep on both counts

jhns
01-24-2011, 11:24 AM
But he only gets partial credit because he's still not ready to admit he was wrong.

That is because I am never wrong. If I was, I would never admit it. Admitting you are wrong takes a level of character that I simply do not possess.

Anyways, if I am wrong then the guy running this team is wrong. I think just like the guy running this team. You all better hope my line of thinking isn't wrong or this team could be in trouble.

OABB
01-24-2011, 11:30 AM
I would never lie to myself like that. Cutler has a long career ahead of him.

I still agree with the guy running this organization. It was a mistake to trade Cutler.

What do you mean not posting much? I have to be close to five times my daily average so far today.

so, Cutler just had an off day in the nfc championship game than?

and I am not talking about your post count, I'm talking about your opinion on the man.

I like that you admit you do not have the character to admit being wrong, so I will back off. Honesty was all I was looking for.

thanks. and sorry your guy sucks. And Elway is wrong about him too. we can't all bat 1000.

I was wrong about mcd. I will be wrong again.

but it won't be as funny as when you are wrong, because you are a characterless twat.

jhns
01-24-2011, 11:34 AM
I was wrong about mcd.

Yeah you were.

bendog
01-24-2011, 11:35 AM
That is because I am never wrong. If I was, I would never admit it. Admitting you are wrong takes a level of character that I simply do not possess.

Anyways, if I am wrong then the guy running this team is wrong. I think just like the guy running this team. You all better hope my line of thinking isn't wrong or this team could be in trouble.

Look, the guys who have their cred/self esteem wrapped up in Lambchop sucking are one thing. But let's be honest with those who are seriously trying to be objective fans. I'm not going to even attempt to justify McD's drafting, as a blind kid with Downs could to as well. But the only two guys on the defense in 08 who were even worth keeping are the same two today: DJ and Champ. On offense we had Clady, and Kuper and Harris, both of whom still have question marks. White Rhino was fine, but he's never gonna be a homerun threat, and for one of the old shanny teams, he's need help to put up TD like numbers. BM has "gonna take the money and sit out" all over him. The TE position wasn't solid. (Worse now, but ....) Cutler's got diabetis and he's not got a real team leadership image. He'd be ok with an Al Wilson or Ulracher, but he's not Drew Brees by a long shot.

I can see getting rid of them and the contract liability signing them would take, and blowing up even what team was left by dumping the two biggest producers, and getting good draft value is logically defensible. But when a team gets blown up, it usually goes through a sucky phase. Our suck value is greater because of the other personnel screwups McD left behind.

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 11:39 AM
I agree it isnt so much a case of lack of physical toughness with Cutler .. its the mental part where he falls down and his personality issues are a reflection of that. That defensive dismissive surliness and arrogant facade are often found in people with some serious adjustment/self image issues that can crack under extreme pressure.

I don't know what to say about Jay. The guy does good charity work, he's been involved in the community from day one in the NFL, he contributes time and money to charities. For that reason he's hard to bag on.

El Minion
01-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Yep Cutler quit, like he quit when he played through undiagnosed diabetes '07 season and was losing all the weight and energy to play. Interesting no one quotes this (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6051468):

He said he injured his knee on the second-to-last series of the first half. His status was in doubt leading up to the second-half kickoff with backup Todd Collins even taking warm-up tosses. But Cutler started the second half, throwing an incomplete pass in a three-and-out opening drive.

"We gave it a go that first series, but I really couldn't plant and throw. So they kind of pulled me," Cutler said.

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 11:47 AM

In utter futility no less.

bendog
01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
rub some dirt on it. (sarcasm) It's pretty obvious who the posters are who havn't popped a mcl.

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Yep Cutler quit, like he quit when he played through undiagnosed diabetes '07 season and was losing all the weight and energy to play. Interesting no one quotes this (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6051468):You're right we should really stop focusing on his injury. What's also interesting is how little talk there is of this:
6/14 for 80 yds, an INT, Zero points, and a QB rating in the 30s.

Agamemnon
01-24-2011, 11:57 AM
rub some dirt on it. (sarcasm) It's pretty obvious who the posters are who havn't popped a mcl.

And then there's a guy like MJD, who played on a torn MCL all season by the way, calling Cutler out so...

Drunk Monkey
01-24-2011, 11:58 AM
LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP)—Bears quarterback Jay Cutler (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7760/news) has a sprained knee ligament and would have been questionable had Chicago made it to the Super Bowl.
That assessment came Monday from coach Lovie Smith. He says Cutler sprained one of his medial collateral ligaments in Sunday’s 21-14 loss to Green Bay in the NFC Championship game.

Linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6379/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6379/news) said he feels sympathy for Cutler, who missed most of the second half when Chicago rallied for two touchdowns behind backup Caleb Hanie (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9033/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9033/news).
Asked about Cutler on Monday, Hanie said: “He’s limping around and feels bad that we lost.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bears-cutler

FantomForce
01-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Reports coming out that it was mild sprain, but still Lovie said he was done. So no fight in the guy just stood there on the sideline

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 12:00 PM

"Sprained" MCL is the diagnosis. I had a second degree MCL tear, and didn't miss any playing time other than about 6 minutes for the trainer to make sure I still had an attached ACL. Hurt a lot, went back in and finished the game.

I would bet that in every game on every NFL Sunday there's a player on the field with a sprained MCL or worse, and this pansy couldn't suck it up with a chnace to get to the Super Bowl.

You people crack me up.

Agamemnon
01-24-2011, 12:01 PM
You're right we should really stop focusing on his injury. What's also interesting is how little talk there is of this:

People aren't talking about it because it's just a bad half. He wouldn't be the first QB to have a bad game in a big playoff game (Elway had quite a few honestly). On the other hand, bitching out and standing around on a supposedly torn MCL while your team goes down the drain in the NFCCG? Yeah that's mush bigger news.

oubronco
01-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Yep Cutler quit, like he quit when he played through undiagnosed diabetes '07 season and was losing all the weight and energy to play. Interesting no one quotes this (http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6051468):

Because the truth hurts

OABB
01-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah you were.

Yes I was.

But I feel better by knowing that I never fellated him or defended him to the point of being a troll, and that his failures don't make me look lime an idiot. I saw them and moved on.

It's much better than the alternative, which is what you are feeling now. You have cutlers jhiz on your lips and he is a loser. A bonafide joke. The laughingstock of the NFL. And you still can't admit it.

You make fun of the mcd people for continuing to defend him and now you know how it feels.

Your boy let you down. In glorious fashion. I enjoy your pain. It is feeding my soul. I am super happy today.

Thanks for being so stubborn and characterless. It makes this so much better.

Mmmmmm. The tears of insufferable sadness... Delicious.

Agamemnon
Reports coming out that it was mild sprain, but still Lovie said he was done. So no fight in the guy just stood there on the sideline

A mild sprain? If that's true, that guy is all but done in that town. Wow...

ColoradoDarin
"Sprained" MCL is the diagnosis. I had a second degree MCL tear, and didn't miss any playing time other than about 6 minutes for the trainer to make sure I still had an attached ACL. Hurt a lot, went back in and finished the game.

I would bet that in every game on every NFL Sunday there's a player on the field with a sprained MCL or worse, and this pansy couldn't suck it up with a chnace to get to the Super Bowl.

You people crack me up.

Wow, not even torn. Wow. I just don't know what to say, I thought that even if it was that mild they would have said torn anyways.

Maybe Lovie is trying to throw Jay under the bus to distract from his awful coaching?

Rohirrim
01-24-2011, 12:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6052280

From another thread. Ouch.

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 12:05 PM

The left knee is not the plant knee for a righthanded QB.

El Minion
01-24-2011, 12:11 PM
You're right we should really stop focusing on his injury. What's also interesting is how little talk there is of this:

Yes he had a bad game, maybe the MCL injury and not being be able to plant contributed, maybe not. No QB had a great day, Rodgers (55 rating) wasn't even the best rated QB to play in the game.

Haters going to hate.

TonyR
01-24-2011, 12:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6052280

From another thread. Ouch.

Expanding the picture even more, it's clear Cutler has a credibility problem, and not because he's not popular with the media. Those tweets are a small sample of what was communicated about Cutler and his failings during the NFC Championship Game.

A lineman who played more than a dozen years and won multiple Super Bowls told me after the game that he was stunned Cutler was standing on the sideline, not on crutches, receiving no treatment while his team played on. And, the player said, what made it worse was that Cutler didn't appear to be counseling his backup, Todd Collins, or Hanie. And this all came on the heels of Mike Martz telling ESPNChicago.com's Jon Greenberg that criticism of Cutler's fundamentals, specifically his footwork, is "fair... You can't go through a lifetime with those kinds of habits and fix them in one season."

jhns
01-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes I was.

But I feel better by knowing that I never fellated him or defended him to the point of being a troll, and that his failures don't make me look lime an idiot. I saw them and moved on.

It's much better than the alternative, which is what you are feeling now. You have cutlers jhiz on your lips and he is a loser. A bonafide joke. The laughingstock of the NFL. And you still can't admit it.

You make fun of the mcd people for continuing to defend him and now you know how it feels.

Your boy let you down. In glorious fashion. I enjoy your pain. It is feeding my soul. I am super happy today.

Thanks for being so stubborn and characterless. It makes this so much better.

Mmmmmm. The tears of insufferable sadness... Delicious.

How did Cutler let me down? He didn't play bad for the Broncos. If you are talking about his play on the Bears, I still don't get it. He made the NFCCG.

Nothing Cutler does now effects me. He isn't on this team anymore. He isn't who he would have been if he wasn't given away. He would have still been developing under an offensive minded coach and he would be with the players we have around the QB.

So I am still with Elway. It was a big mistake for this franchise to give Cutler away. The guy running this team, who knows a lot more about this sport than any of us, agrees with me...

So, let's get back to how wrong you were. It was very wrong and you trolled a lot of posts that pointed this out at the time. You were too dumb to realize you were wrong even when those with superior intellect were continually pointing it out to you. This is called being stubborn and dumb. At least you now can admit that you are stupid. That is the first step. The next step would be to seek out an education.

TonyR
This is even worse:

What we hear, even from teammates in both Denver and Chicago, is that Cutler is an arrogant, pouting player who rates himself quite highly. It's a characterization that is believed totally throughout the league, through almost any pro football circle you wander into. And because it's believed wholly that Cutler is a guy with a big arm, an overrated sense of himself and little if any heart, precious few people in Cutler's own fraternity had any sympathy for him during the game.

Before Cutler was hurt and his heart was questioned, he missed passes to Devin Hester (one crossing pattern, one deep ball) that 20 quarterbacks in the league would have made. Actually, Hanie completed essentially the same pass to Johnny Knox that Cutler missed to Hester.

PRBronco
Expanding the picture even more, it's clear Cutler has a credibility problem, and not because he's not popular with the media. Those tweets are a small sample of what was communicated about Cutler and his failings during the NFC Championship Game.

A lineman who played more than a dozen years and won multiple Super Bowls told me after the game that he was stunned Cutler was standing on the sideline, not on crutches, receiving no treatment while his team played on. And, the player said, what made it worse was that Cutler didn't appear to be counseling his backup, Todd Collins, or Hanie. And this all came on the heels of Mike Martz telling ESPNChicago.com's Jon Greenberg that criticism of Cutler's fundamentals, specifically his footwork, is "fair... You can't go through a lifetime with those kinds of habits and fix them in one season."

That's the part that really gets me. Why weren't they treating him if it was actually a problem?

bombay
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM
Not trying to play through a semi-serious injury is one thing (what do you expect? Phillip Rivers?), but it seems like he should have made an attempt to mentor Hanie a little bit about what to expect from the defense.

El Minion
01-24-2011, 12:18 PM

you forgot the last sentence in your quote:

Martz revealed that Cutler is still doing footwork drills twice a week, every week, and said the quarterback is working "diligently" and that "he'll get there."

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Wow, not even torn. Wow. I just don't know what to say, I thought that even if it was that mild they would have said torn anyways.

I know. I thought for sure they would come out and say that it was pretty serious, but in no way is a "sprain" a serious injury that couldn't be overcome with just the bare minimum of grit.

For them to only call it a sprain has to be unsettling for a lot of people within that organization.

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Yes he had a bad game, maybe the MCL injury and not being be able to plant contributed, maybe not. No QB had a great day, Rodgers (55 rating) wasn't even the best rated QB to play in the game.

Haters going to hate.
So you're saying that the injury played into Cutler's performance before it happened? Like Cutler could feel it coming with a sort of ESP or something?

Btw, Rodgers did enough on the first drive to beat Cutler.

jhns
01-24-2011, 12:32 PM
I know. I thought for sure they would come out and say that it was pretty serious, but in no way is a "sprain" a serious injury that couldn't be overcome with just the bare minimum of grit.

For them to only call it a sprain has to be unsettling for a lot of people within that organization.

Since he was benched by his coach, it seems people are really saying he shouldn't listen to what his coach says. This seems like the exact opposite argument that is layed out by you McDaniels fans in how he should have handled the trade situation.

McDaniels fans just don't make sense.

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Since he was benched by his coach, it seems people are really saying he shouldn't listen to what his coach says. This seems like the exact opposite argument that is layed out by you McDaniels fans in how he should have handled the trade situation.

McDaniels fans just don't make sense.Nice try buck. Cutler's going to be a joke in this league before long.

All the whimpering you can muster won't change that.

CEH
01-24-2011, 12:37 PM
As far as the injury goes, I would like to hear a doctor say yes you can play on a torn MCL. From everything I'm hearing the stability of the knee as been comprimized. Standing straight up or sitting down does not do much damage. It's the side to side motion where the stability of the knee and other ligaments PCL,ACL comes into question

Did MJD play on a torned MCL? Like something already mentioned, Sharpe torn his in the Super Bowl and sat out almost the whole game

jhns
01-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Nice try buck. Cutler's going to be a joke in this league before long.

All the whimpering you can muster won't change that.

McDaniels already is the joke of the league. His defenders are the bigger jokes though. At least he had pride and ego blinding him. You all just had stupidity blinding you.

At the time of the trade: "Cutler is in the wrong. McDaniels is the head coach. Players should just go along with whatever the coach says or does!"

Now: "Cutler should have just punched Lovie out and gone in the game even though his coach said not to. What does the head coach know!"

Silly McDaniels fans.

mhgaffney
01-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Cutler has risen to his level of incompetence.

a la the Peter Principle. Or is it Murphy's Law?

Anyhooo...

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Is the diabetes maybe having some affect on his legs?

TonyR
01-24-2011, 12:59 PM
you forgot the last sentence in your quote:

A guy shouldn't be working on basic fundamentals this far into his career, so I don't know that this is something you should be highlighting.

OABB
01-24-2011, 01:01 PM
McDaniels already is the joke of the league. His defenders are the bigger jokes though. At least he had pride and ego blinding him. You all just had stupidity blinding you.

At the time of the trade: "Cutler is in the wrong. McDaniels is the head coach. Players should just go along with whatever the coach says or does!"

Now: "Cutler should have just punched Lovie out and gone in the game even though his coach said not to. What does the head coach know!"

Silly McDaniels fans.

You can't let mcd go can you> it's done move on.

Live in the power of now.

like how RIGHT NOW you were wrong about Cutler.

Like super wrong.

Your "Superior intellect" has let you down. The man you defended like we defended mcd is a failure. the roles have reversed.

Be a man like me. It's not hard. You have superior intellect. you just have inferior fortitude.

repeat after me...

" I was wrong. Cutler is a joke. A failure. Now I know what it feels like to back a loser."

You can do it jhiz. It just takes testicles.

You were WRONG.

wrongity wrongity wrong wrong wrong.

bendog
01-24-2011, 01:02 PM
I think his backpeddling has more to do with the interior bears line laying down faster than Jenna Jameson.

There's a positive to this, btw. I thought that Atl or GB were the only teams that realistically could beat Pitt or NE, who I thought would eventually win the AFC. Pitt and Rapesburger may win, but there's no way Chi's offense could have played with Pitt.

baja
01-24-2011, 01:09 PM
I'll give you this jhns you are one loyal SOB. That's a positive.

edog24
01-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Turns out it's sprained, what a puss.

My 65 year old mother in law tore her MCL moving two weekends ago. It swelled up and hurt pretty bad, she called up the dr., since it was a weekend and she had to go to the urgent care, she iced it for a while, finished moving that day and then went in on Sunday.

I am going to have Cutty mail her his jersey and he can stick to playing Madden.

Gutless Drunk
01-24-2011, 01:12 PM
As far as the injury goes, I would like to hear a doctor say yes you can play on a torn MCL. From everything I'm hearing the stability of the knee as been comprimized. Standing straight up or sitting down does not do much damage. It's the side to side motion where the stability of the knee and other ligaments PCL,ACL comes into question

Did MJD play on a torned MCL? Like something already mentioned, Sharpe torn his in the Super Bowl and sat out almost the whole game

Hines Ward sprained his MCL in the 2008 AFC Championship, tried to come back in and then had to leave the game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3843412

Rohirrim
01-24-2011, 01:15 PM

McDaniels fans just don't make sense.

The only one bringing up McDaniels is you; Over and over and over, as if you believe there is some weird symbiosis going on between the two. These Cutler threads on the Mane from all these Broncos fans symbolize only one thing: Relief. ;D

El Minion
01-24-2011, 01:30 PM
A guy shouldn't be working on basic fundamentals this far into his career, so I don't know that this is something you should be highlighting.

"Practice!? You talking about practice?!"

http://fingerfood.typepad.com/.a/6a012875949499970c01287594e96b970c-pi

Allen Iverson, disapproves.

bendog
01-24-2011, 01:33 PM
The only one bringing up McDaniels is you; Over and over and over, as if you believe there is some weird symbiosis going on between the two. These Cutler threads on the Mane from all these Broncos fans symbolize only one thing: Relief. ;D

yeah, I was relieved often this year. It was awesome. (-:

Gutless Drunk
01-24-2011, 01:34 PM
"I just confirmed that #Bears QB Jay Cutler has a Grade II MCL tear, which typically takes 3-4 weeks to heal"

http://twitter.com/skjensen
Retweeted by AdamSchefter

"Medically speaking, a ligament "sprain" is a "partial tear." a Grade II has the potential for causing more pain that a Grade III sprain, which is a completely torn ligament. Cutler was relieved by Todd Collins in the third quarter, and Collins was later replaced by Caleb Hanie in the 21-14 defeat at Solider Field.
Cutler sustains MCL tear in his left knee Bears quarterback Jay Cutler sustained an MCL tear Sunday in his left knee in the Bears' NFC championship game loss to Green Bay.

After watching Cutler on the sidelines in the second half, walking around in a jacket and not in any visible pain or receiving medical attention, many former and current NFL players, especially on Twitter, began to question his heart and toughness because he wasn't willing to play through the injury.

A sprained MCL, however, isn't a typically an injury with which a player can return to action in the same afternoon, especially when standing in the pocket behind a offensive line having major issues with Clay Matthews and the Packers' pass rush. Smith and notable Bears teammates such as linebacker Brian Urlacher, safety Chris Harris and center Olin Kreutz came to their quarterback's defense.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-01-24/cutler-sustains-mcl-tear-in-his-left-knee#ixzz1BzVEqRvZ

bendog
01-24-2011, 01:51 PM
the medical posts have been a special treat here today. I fully expected the calvacade of Cutler threads, and participated, but the medical misapprehensios have been bonus matl. The one about the 65 year old mother icing down a torn mcl then finishing moving the furniture on sunday then going into a doc in the box on Mon was the best, imo.

El Minion
01-24-2011, 01:54 PM
Hines Ward sprained his MCL in the 2008 AFC Championship, tried to come back in and then had to leave the game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3843412

Hines Ward is a wuss, just like Cutler. Many mane posters and their grandmothers have done more physical exertion with even more severe MCL tears.

bendog
01-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Hines Ward is a wuss, just like Cutler. Many mane posters and their grandmothers have done more physical exertion with even more severe MCL tears.

I think what got to me was that I'd trained for months to do a bike ride three years ago, and was riding hills on my old mountain bike in big gears (stupid), and did a grade one. I pulled out and wasn't right for a couple of months. Granted the knee had other issues too, but ... it wobbled.

El Minion
01-24-2011, 02:04 PM
"I just confirmed that #Bears QB Jay Cutler has a Grade II MCL tear, which typically takes 3-4 weeks to heal"

http://twitter.com/skjensen
Retweeted by AdamSchefter

"Medically speaking, a ligament "sprain" is a "partial tear." a Grade II has the potential for causing more pain that a Grade III sprain, which is a completely torn ligament. Cutler was relieved by Todd Collins in the third quarter, and Collins was later replaced by Caleb Hanie in the 21-14 defeat at Solider Field.
Cutler sustains MCL tear in his left knee Bears quarterback Jay Cutler sustained an MCL tear Sunday in his left knee in the Bears' NFC championship game loss to Green Bay.

After watching Cutler on the sidelines in the second half, walking around in a jacket and not in any visible pain or receiving medical attention, many former and current NFL players, especially on Twitter, began to question his heart and toughness because he wasn't willing to play through the injury.

A sprained MCL, however, isn't a typically an injury with which a player can return to action in the same afternoon, especially when standing in the pocket behind a offensive line having major issues with Clay Matthews and the Packers' pass rush. Smith and notable Bears teammates such as linebacker Brian Urlacher, safety Chris Harris and center Olin Kreutz came to their quarterback's defense.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-01-24/cutler-sustains-mcl-tear-in-his-left-knee#ixzz1BzVEqRvZ

Don't ruin a good Cutler hate thread with the facts. When it involves Cutler, the mane haters always jumps to conclusion.

BTW, I just confirmed that #Bears QB Jay Cutler has a Grade II MCL tear, which typically takes 3-4 weeks to heal. – Sean Jensen (http://twitter.com/skjensen/status/29649979156992000)

NFLBRONCO
01-24-2011, 02:11 PM
ESPN scrolled sprained mcl

Missouribronc
01-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Don't ruin a good Cutler hate thread with the facts. When it involves Cutler, the mane haters always jumps to conclusion.

BTW,

This has to be an epic "I didn't read the thread, but" moment, right?

I mean, you added the "btw" with the Schefter tweet that was IN the quote in your post.

Sorry, made me Hilarious!

bendog
01-24-2011, 02:21 PM
ESPN scrolled sprained mcl

grade two

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/kneeinjuries/a/mclinjury.htm

El Minion
01-24-2011, 02:22 PM
This has to be an epic "I didn't read the thread, but" moment, right?

I mean, you added the "btw" with the Schefter tweet that was IN the quote in your post.

Sorry, made me Hilarious!

You got me, at work and didn't read what a I thought was the headline of the article not a tweet post, which I found independently confirming the sporting news article. :wave:

BTW, I do read most Cutler threads, regardless of hate. Some funny stuff gets posted.

bendog
01-24-2011, 02:24 PM
btw, for all you guys who slipped and fell failing to understand MCL sprain/tears, if it makes you feel better, Lambchop was pretty much sucking before he got hurt.

bronco militia
01-24-2011, 02:25 PM
btw, for all you guys who slipped and fell failing to understand MCL sprain/tears, if it makes you feel better, Lambchop was pretty much sucking before he got hurt.

maybe his insulin pump froze too Ha!

Boobs McGee
01-24-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. The guy was CLEARLY disinterested on the sidelines. Your team is in the conference championships against a hated rival, and your knee hurts. Sprained. Torn. Whatever. You just kick back with your mopey ****ing emo faceplate on, earphones in, doing jack **** on the sidelines. THIS is why I'm so thankful he was a big enough bitch that he had to whine his way out of denver. Do you think Tebow, ORTON, would ever pull this kind of bs? NO WAY IN HELL. That clown just proved to the world how much of a sack he is, and all I can say is haaaaaaaaleLUiah, he isn't part of our proud franchise anymore.

Moments like yesterday make me happy inside. The turnover machine gets what's coming to him. People across the country really see him for what he is, a sad pathetic little waste of space.

bendog
01-24-2011, 02:29 PM
I think it was knowing Clay Matthews was gonna light him up outside, and when he stepped up into the pocket BJ and the boys were gonna hammer him low. (which may be how he got hurt)

bronconia, he is a jerk, though.

baja
01-24-2011, 02:32 PM

Did you ever consider maybe he sucked because he knew he was going to get a MCL sprain. Huh did'ja?

Missouribronc
01-24-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. The guy was CLEARLY disinterested on the sidelines. Your team is in the conference championships against a hated rival, and your knee hurts. Sprained. Torn. Whatever. You just kick back with your mopey ****ing emo faceplate on, earphones in, doing jack **** on the sidelines. THIS is why I'm so thankful he was a big enough b**** that he had to whine his way out of denver. Do you think Tebow, ORTON, would ever pull this kind of bs? NO WAY IN HELL. That clown just proved to the world how much of a sack he is, and all I can say is haaaaaaaaleLUiah, he isn't part of our proud franchise anymore.

Moments like yesterday make me happy inside. The turnover machine gets what's coming to him. People across the country really see him for what he is, a sad pathetic little waste of space.

I hate Cutler. I will admit it. I loved watching what I saw, but Hanie said some interesting things on a radio show this morning, and I believe it was Cowherd read them, or maybe it was Rome (I forget, I was in the car for a long time today), where Hanie said Cutler was telling him things. Cutler told him before he went in (and I'm paraphrasing a paraphrase), to trust his reads, trust the play call, trust his offensive line and just go in and make the throws. Hanie said that that calmed him down, because he was nervous. Then, Hanie said that he was really excited when he threw the first touchdown and Cutler came to him, and said, ok, now you have to go get another one. And Hanie said that helped him refocus after that.

I think Fox milked it for all it was worth...not that I'm not OK with that, because I can't stand Cutler...just saying...

Gutless Drunk
01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. The guy was CLEARLY disinterested on the sidelines. Your team is in the conference championships against a hated rival, and your knee hurts. Sprained. Torn. Whatever. You just kick back with your mopey ****ing emo faceplate on, earphones in, doing jack **** on the sidelines. THIS is why I'm so thankful he was a big enough b**** that he had to whine his way out of denver. Do you think Tebow, ORTON, would ever pull this kind of bs? NO WAY IN HELL. That clown just proved to the world how much of a sack he is, and all I can say is haaaaaaaaleLUiah, he isn't part of our proud franchise anymore.

? I guess you missed "Rah, Rah Orton" after he was benched for Tebow?
Dude hid out in the tunnel and looked like Tebow shoved a lemon down his piehole

Gutless Drunk
01-24-2011, 02:40 PM
I think it was knowing Clay Matthews was gonna light him up outside, and when he stepped up into the pocket BJ and the boys were gonna hammer him low. (which may be how he got hurt)

bronconia, he is a jerk, though.

"Even Green Bay defensive lineman B.J. Raji said he also thought the criticism was "pretty wrong and a lot times it has a lot to do with jealously."

"We hit the guy pretty hard, we broke out some different angles, all different places on the field," Raji said. "I mean, he is a warrior. Any time a player has the longevity that he has had in this league you are a tough guy."

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=6054047

mr007
01-24-2011, 02:54 PM

Even if I disagree with you on some things I could never get in an argument because of how much your avy rocks.

TailgateNut
01-24-2011, 03:37 PM

Good ridance.

The frown cannon showed his true colors on the field and on the sidelines, and now the Bears and Cutler lovers are trying to do some serious damage control. Too bad it's after the fact. They're stuck with him.Hilarious!

phillybroncosnut
01-24-2011, 03:42 PM

You absolutely can play on a torn MCL..... But, it depends on a person's tolerance for pain. I've had 3 knee reconstructions so I can speak from experience. I couldnt do much with a torn ACL, meniscus, petella and MCL but I could do everything on a torn MCL. Just some discomfort.
I've coached a handful of players that played an entire season with torn MCL's.
The is ZERO excuse for Jay NOT to play in that game. He has become the joke of the NFL and I am very thankful for Josh McDaniels

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 04:33 PM

What?

Majik
01-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted.

I don't know why everyone is giving Cutler so much ****... Trying to play after breaking your vagina can't be easy!

http://twitter.com/kingneckbeard

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Good ridance.

The frown cannon showed his true colors on the field and on the sidelines, and now the Bears and Cutler lovers are trying to do some serious damage control. Too bad it's after the fact. They're stuck with him.Hilarious!

I'm still trying to figure out what play he got hit "on the outside of the knee". Must have been that sack where he fumbled, but I didn't see a hit on his left knee. He got twisted around pretty good, but no hit on the knee.

Boobs McGee
01-24-2011, 05:48 PM
? I guess you missed "Rah, Rah Orton" after he was benched for Tebow?
Dude hid out in the tunnel and looked like Tebow shoved a lemon down his piehole

I was referring to the games (non conference championship btw) that he played while seriously injured.

Boobs McGee
01-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Even if I disagree with you on some things I could never get in an argument because of how much your avy rocks.

lol ^5

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 05:53 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U-jzYMSiNHQ" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

SoCalBronco
01-24-2011, 06:12 PM
But...but...but I thought the injury was fake. It amuses me to no end that people would expect someone who is supposed to be out at least a couple weeks (and maybe more) after an MCL sprain of this grade to somehow "get over it" in 10 minutes.

Actually, one of the biggest things that bothered me about Chicago not advancing to the SB is that we were deprived of the oppurtunity to conduct a great social experiment here on the OM: Who would be rooting for a rapist against Jay just because they hated Jay?

Boobs McGee
01-24-2011, 06:18 PM
But...but...but I thought the injury was fake. It amuses me to no end that people would expect someone who is supposed to be out at least a couple weeks (and maybe more) after an MCL sprain of this grade to somehow "get over it" in 10 minutes.

Actually, one of the biggest things that bothered me about Chicago not advancing to the SB is that we were deprived of the oppurtunity to conduct a great social experiment here on the OM: Who would be rooting for a rapist against Jay just because they hated Jay?

worst superbowl evaaaaar. I would've watched only with the hope that both were knocked unconscious, leaving leftwich vs haine.

EDIT: and for the record I will still be happy to bag on that pussy, MCL partially torn in the biggest game of your "storied" career, you sack up and play.

TonyR
01-24-2011, 06:30 PM
But...but...but I thought the injury was fake.

The injury is the big story but it's really a secondary issue. The two larger issues are:
1) How poorly Cutler played in the biggest game of his career, and
2) How disrespected Cutler is around the league as evidenced by the unprecedented venom directed towards him for current and former players.

If you're a Cutler fan those are the things you should be chewing on.

SoCalBronco
01-24-2011, 06:37 PM
The injury is the big story but it's really a secondary issue. The two larger issues are:
2) How disrespected Cutler is around the league as evidenced by the unprecedented venom directed towards him for current and former players.

He had a mediocre performance before he was hurt, sure, I don't think it was awful, but it was mediocre and below average (6/14 1 INT)....as to point No. 2, why would I care what they think? They rushed to a conclusion through insinuation, it turned out to be wrong and alot of them are morons to begin with. Why am I supposed to be sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for their reaction? I don't care. I really don't give a **** what they think.

BTW, who would you have rooted for if Jay had not been injured and the Bears won? Would you root for a rapist over Jay?

baja
01-24-2011, 06:52 PM
He had a mediocre performance before he was hurt, sure, I don't think it was awful, but it was mediocre and below average (6/14 1 INT)....as to point No. 2, why would I care what they think? They rushed to a conclusion through insinuation, it turned out to be wrong and alot of them are morons to begin with. Why am I supposed to be sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for their reaction? I don't care. I really don't give a **** what they think.

BTW, who would you have rooted for if Jay had not been injured and the Bears won? Would you root for a rapist over Jay?

So councilor even though he was not convicted or even charged with rape you have decided without the benefit of the testimony of the alleged crime that he is a rapist. Good call councilor.

mwill07
01-24-2011, 06:58 PM

not to nitpick, but cutler's QB rating was 31.8...I'd call that awful.

SoCalBronco
01-24-2011, 06:58 PM
So councilor even though he was not convicted or even charged with rape you have decided without the benefit of the testimony of the alleged crime that he is a rapist. Good call councilor.

I knew this was coming, although I expected it from tsiguy, not you. If you really think this I dont know what to tell you.

broncosteven
01-24-2011, 07:00 PM

This is what pisses me off about the whole thing. People, even his NFL peers, were so quick to bag on the guy before they had any idea what was wrong.

I am glad Cutler is gone and hope Tebow is the answer but to just question his motives because he is mopey is lame.

We are talking about a guy who in his 4th season was able to lead his team to the Division title and the final 4.

If he came back in and threw a couple more pic's and moped around and melted down in the 2nd half and duh bears got blown out then I could see the lack of respect. We will never know if he had a comeback in him yesterday.

If I were a duh bear fan I would be more mad at Martz, the only route that worked all day was the wheel route. Olsen was taken away, 3rd and 3 and they run an end run to their slowest WR when Forte is running well?

What would have been real fun is if Urlicker had not been chased down by Rodgers and instead scored and then duh bears got a Hester return to win the game because then we would have had 2 weeks of "Should Haine start" media/fan speculation.

Go Pack! I don't want the rapeist to win another ring.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 07:01 PM

lol you must have very low standards if you didn't think that was awful, especially for a playoff game.

And you say before he was hurt... mind you informing the rest of the world when he was? I'm not even sure Jay Cutler has revealed that himself... or does he still not know?
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 07:02 PM
We are talking about a guy who in his 4th season was able to lead his team to the Division title and the final 4.

http://i53.tinypic.com/231mk2.gif

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 07:08 PM

That would have been interesting to see how it played out.

broncocalijohn
01-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Cutlerites have his "injury" to come to his defense. Problem is that we can be talking about his performance on the field and there would be no dispute from them that he was performing like a franchise quarterback. Put aside the injury and try to defend him on that god awful performance.

Cito Pelon
01-24-2011, 07:13 PM
This is what pisses me off about the whole thing. People, even his NFL peers, were so quick to bag on the guy before they had any idea what was wrong.

I am glad Cutler is gone and hope Tebow is the answer but to just question his motives because he is mopey is lame.

If he came back in and threw a couple more pic's and moped around and melted down in the 2nd half and duh bears got blown out then I could see the lack of respect. We will never know if he had a comeback in him yesterday.

If I were a duh bear fan I would be more mad at Martz, the only route that worked all day was the wheel route. Olsen was taken away, 3rd and 3 and they run an end run to their slowest WR when Forte is running well?

What would have been real fun is if Urlicker had not been chased down by Rodgers and instead scored and then duh bears got a Hester return to win the game because then we would have had 2 weeks of "Should Haine start" media/fan speculation.

Go Pack! I don't want the rapeist to win another ring.

Urlacher had a TD and got tripped, man that was almost the game-changer.

TonyR
01-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Why am I supposed to be sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for their reaction? I don't care.

That's fine, but why do you think he's so widely disrespected? Clearly he's not well liked around the league. And there have to be reasons for this, most of which aren't postive, right? Respect has to be earned and clearly Cutler hasn't done so amongst his peers. And that's kind of a shame, don't you think?

Irrelevant since I wouldn't be rooting "for" Roethlisberger if I did choose to support the Steelers, but truthfully it would be a tough call. I suppose on one hand I'd have preferred the Bears win since this would be the 3rd win in 5 years for the Steelers and enough is enough. But on the other I certainly wouldn't enjoy watching Cutler win the big game. Thankfully he proved once again that he's not capable of it at this point so I don't have to worry about such dilemmas.

TonyR
01-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Cutlerites have his "injury" to come to his defense.

Yup, I was a little disappointed when they said he was injured and not coming back. I was looking forward to watching him fail for two more quarters.

Durango
01-24-2011, 07:21 PM
lol you must have very low standards if you didn't think that was awful, especially for a playoff game.

And you say before he was hurt... mind you informing the rest of the world when he was? I'm not even sure Jay Cutler has revealed that himself... or does he still not know?
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Both defenses are outstanding you mindless stooge. Rogers wasn't stellar and he has an exponentially better offensive line.

Instead of laying all the hate on Cutler, we should be congratulating the defenses who controlled and ultimately dictated the outcome of this game.

mwill07
01-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Yup, I was a little disappointed when they said he was injured and not coming back. I was looking forward to watching him fail for two more quarters.

we were all robbed of that.

i'm afraid that now there will be a backlash against all of the fingerpointing, and there will be an abundance of goodwill aimed at cutler. Everyone will forget his 31.8 QB rating. That would be a real shame.

Gutless Drunk
01-24-2011, 07:37 PM
I was referring to the games (non conference championship btw) that he played while seriously injured.

These two gems?

Because he hurt his team by playing. Think Tebow could have done better than this and tried to help the team win?, not try to save Orton's job?

Ray Finkle
01-24-2011, 07:49 PM

a second degree MCL sprain....the same thing Brees played on....

Cutler = a big puzzy....

ZONA
01-24-2011, 07:50 PM
I never questioned Cutlers toughness before. He played a full season while being diabetic and not receiving treatment and that could not have been easy. In the Giants game I saw him get pounded by the NY DL play after play and he kept getting up each time. And I have no problem if the injury was severe enough that kept him on the sidelines. However, I think everybody expected him to make, even if just a little, more of an effort to see if he could play through it. Yeah, throw that brace on there and try it out for a series or 2. Not like you have to have him do 7 step drops during that testing phase. Turn around and throw a pitch or handoff a few times. If Jay was so messed up after something like that, you would see it and nobody would be questioning him. He could have turned this thing into the city of Chicago loving him if he had just tried to play. Now, they think he's a wuss.

Ray Finkle
01-24-2011, 07:51 PM
I never questioned Cutlers toughness before. He played a full season while being diabetic and not receiving treatment and that could not have been easy. In the Giants game I saw him get pounded by the NY DL play after play and he kept getting up each time. And I have no problem if the injury was severe enough that kept him on the sidelines. However, I think everybody expected him to make, even if just a little, more of an effort to see if he could play through it. Yeah, throw that brace on there and try it out for a series or 2. Not like you have to have him do 7 step drops during that testing phase. Turn around and throw a pitch or handoff a few times. If Jay was so messed up after something like that, you would see it and nobody would be questioning him. He could have turned this thing into the city of Chicago loving him if he had just tried to play. Now, they think he's a wuss.

If Jay was more media savvy, he would have avoided this.....if you're an ass and the blood's in the water, the sharks are going to come....

Gutless Drunk
01-24-2011, 08:03 PM
a second degree MCL sprain....the same thing Brees played on....

Cutler = a big puzzy....

"Brees' injury is not believed to have been as serious as the Grade II MCL tear that knocked Jay Cutler out of the NFC title game. Jan. 24 - 5:58 pm et "

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=591&line=199325&spln=1

Ray Finkle
01-24-2011, 08:04 PM
"Brees' injury is not believed to have been as serious as the Grade II MCL tear that knocked Jay Cutler out of the NFC title game. Jan. 24 - 5:58 pm et "

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=591&line=199325&spln=1

SCREW YOU AND YOUR FACTS! my assumptions and person bias is better :D

TailgateNut
01-24-2011, 08:06 PM
not to nitpick, but cutler's QB rating was 31.8...I'd call that awful.

....but SoCal can't call his lover "awful". Mediocre is acceptable in relationship, but not "awful".^5

edog24
01-24-2011, 08:10 PM
One of the more important plays to me was the pick Cutty threw just before half when they were in field goal range. If he makes that throw, leads him team to a td, then even with him getting injured, they probably win the game or come close to it. Instead, he throws a pick in the red zone, which he is so good at, then they come away with nothing.

OABB
01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Cutler sucks. Let's move on.

bombay
01-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Cutler did a fine job of giving Hanie a hand up when he left the game with his injury. His assistance was invaluable to his team.

Archer81
01-24-2011, 08:17 PM
We have to ask ourselves...does this even matter anymore? Do we really care? Jay hurt his knee. Other guys with similar injuries played on, he didnt. That's Chicago's problem. We have our own players to fawn over.

Frankly we need more Tebow threads.

BroncoDoug
01-24-2011, 08:22 PM

100% true... nobody is talking about how dog**** awful he was playing, when he finally took himself out the game he had led them to a total of 0 points... Haine at least put up 14

baja
01-24-2011, 08:29 PM
I knew this was coming, although I expected it from tsiguy, not you. If you really think this I dont know what to tell you.

It's because your original post is so ridiculous.

It would have been the Pittsburg Steelers vs the Chicago Bears had Cutler not shiit the bed and helped his team lose.

It would not have been the rapist vs the whiny baby. Your point is childish my friend.

Boobs McGee
01-24-2011, 08:54 PM
These two gems?

Because he hurt his team by playing. Think Tebow could have done better than this and tried to help the team win?, not try to save Orton's job?

Now you're changing the argument (which was, just to clarify, my opinion that jay is a pussy, could've played through the pain, and didn't act like he gave a **** on the bench), but I'll play along.

Yes, Tebow very well could've played better than Orton. He could have won us those two games, possible. BUT, Orton, a tried and true competitor, wanted to tough out the pain and try to help his team win a football game. Obviously the coaches felt the same, and let him continue. I could almost guarantee that when the coaches asked him how he felt, it wasn't "I know my knee, I know my body", it was lets ****ing win this game...I wanna be out there.

Even in the game you referenced before (when Timothy replaced him), he was on the sidelines looking like a man that fought for his job and lost. Saddened, disheartened, etc. BUT, I remember him looking/discussing different formations (i'm assuming, it was the book with pictures qb's are always looking at ) with Tebow, talking amongst the team, and every once in a while high fiving whoever. Without tape, this is all conjecture on my part, but I distinctly remember thinking to myself how classy he appeared in defeat. disappointed? sure. but he didn't pull the classic baby jay disappearance.

My whole point is that guys like Tebow and Orton are competitors, who'll do whatever it takes. Cutler just doesn't have it. And all of that potential he has in that frown cannon of his is going to be continually squandered because he doesn't have what REAL football players have, and THAT is truly sad.

Why you people can't see this is beyond me.

Even I, one of the last mcdaniels believers, understands that the guy ****ed up royally when he was here, and can admit it. He sucked. He made moves that I'll never understand, and am pissed about to this day. Hell, I'm even willing to admit that maybe he'll NEVER figure it out, but from what a LOT of people around the league are saying, he's smart enough to make the necessary changes and succeed. Even our own front office admitted that they had a big part in his failings. The same can't be said for sourpuss, as we just witnessed before the game was even over yesterday. People were all over him like a fly on ****, BEFORE they even knew what the actual injury was. What does that tell you? It tells me that a great many people around this country have seen jay for what he is, and it isn't what you cutler lovers keep defending.

If you guys don't ever want to admit defeat, then more power to you. It's just incredibly frustrating to have concrete evidence about a guy's shortcomings, and continually have to argue the point.

SoCalBronco
01-24-2011, 09:01 PM
It's because your original post is so ridiculous.

It would have been the Pittsburg Steelers vs the Chicago Bears had Cutler not shiit the bed and helped his team lose.

It would not have been the rapist vs the whiny baby. Your point is childish my friend.

Please. Virtually every regular on this board (with the exception of Waffle...who I'm expecting to show up any minute now...and possibly also theMVPlaya) has trashed Ben for being a rapist, but if the Bears had won and Jay had not gotten injured...we damn well know there would be tons of posters here turning into defense attorneys overnight trying to outdo each other in semantics, hair splitting and presumptions of innocence. Give me a break, man.

Dedhed
01-24-2011, 09:05 PM
we damn well know there would be tons of posters here turning into defense attorneys overnight trying to outdo each other in semantics, hair splitting and presumptions of innocence. Give me a break, man.
And they would have looked as foolish as you do.

OABB
01-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Now you're changing the argument (which was, just to clarify, my opinion that jay is a p***Y, could've played through the pain, and didn't act like he gave a **** on the bench), but I'll play along.

Yes, Tebow very well could've played better than Orton. He could have won us those two games, possible. BUT, Orton, a tried and true competitor, wanted to tough out the pain and try to help his team win a football game. Obviously the coaches felt the same, and let him continue. I could almost guarantee that when the coaches asked him how he felt, it wasn't "I know my knee, I know my body", it was lets ****ing win this game...I wanna be out there.

Even in the game you referenced before (when Timothy replaced him), he was on the sidelines looking like a man that fought for his job and lost. Saddened, disheartened, etc. BUT, I remember him looking/discussing different formations (i'm assuming, it was the book with pictures qb's are always looking at ) with Tebow, talking amongst the team, and every once in a while high fiving whoever. Without tape, this is all conjecture on my part, but I distinctly remember thinking to myself how classy he appeared in defeat. disappointed? sure. but he didn't pull the classic baby jay disappearance.

My whole point is that guys like Tebow and Orton are competitors, who'll do whatever it takes. Cutler just doesn't have it. And all of that potential he has in that frown cannon of his is going to be continually squandered because he doesn't have what REAL football players have, and THAT is truly sad.

Why you people can't see this is beyond me.

Even I, one of the last mcdaniels believers, understands that the guy ****ed up royally when he was here, and can admit it. He sucked. He made moves that I'll never understand, and am pissed about to this day. Hell, I'm even willing to admit that maybe he'll NEVER figure it out, but from what a LOT of people around the league are saying, he's smart enough to make the necessary changes and succeed. Even our own front office admitted that they had a big part in his failings. The same can't be said for sourpuss, as we just witnessed before the game was even over yesterday. People were all over him like a fly on ****, BEFORE they even knew what the actual injury was. What does that tell you? It tells me that a great many people around this country have seen jay for what he is, and it isn't what you cutler lovers keep defending.

If you guys don't ever want to admit defeat, then more power to you. It's just incredibly frustrating to have concrete evidence about a guy's shortcomings, and continually have to argue the point.

excellent post. This pretty much sums up my feelings.

The truth is the cutler situation is sad. He has all the ability in the world but he is a loser. A real life munson. How anyone would want to be on that sinking ship is beyond me.

I loved cutler, but over time his shortcomings and attitude have ruined it for me. That, and the fact that he sucks as a qb doesn't help.
But it's done. I'm moving on.

It's tebow time.

Boobs McGee
01-25-2011, 12:04 AM
ya know what? You're absolutely right. I'm movin on up too. No more energy wasted on that emo.
^5

StugotsIII
01-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Can we please merge all these threads talking about some EMO faag QB that plays on another team and does so poorly?

We just got a new head coach, new defensive coordinator and have the #2 overall pick in the NFL draft.

We also have ammo to trade for more picks/players on the roster and one hell of a QB prospect of our own.

I for one was never a Tebow fan and never thought he could start in this league. After watching his three starts and watching the ESPN documentary on him, I am glad he will be given a shot.

Karenin
01-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Please. Virtually every regular on this board (with the exception of Waffle...who I'm expecting to show up any minute now...and possibly also theMVPlaya) has trashed Ben for being a rapist, but if the Bears had won and Jay had not gotten injured...we damn well know there would be tons of posters here turning into defense attorneys overnight trying to outdo each other in semantics, hair splitting and presumptions of innocence. Give me a break, man.

I just want everyone to know that this is the same man who called Brady Quinn a child molester based on one picture where a highschool-age Quinn had his hand placed in the general area of his highschool-age friend's groin. I only wish I was making this up.

jhns
01-25-2011, 02:32 PM
The thing I don't get is the fact that McDaniels moved on from Cutler so long ago, yet all of the McDaniels fans just can't get over him. It is weird.

I especially like the new line of thinking. This stuff about him being not playing through an injury when he played some before his coach pulled him. It is like McDaniels fans just latch onto every drama queen thing some media hack puts out. I guess this isn't a surprise since the McDaniels fans are drama queens.

HAT
01-25-2011, 02:37 PM
excellent post. This pretty much sums up my feelings.

The truth is the cutler situation is sad. He has all the ability in the world but he is a loser. A real life munson. How anyone would want to be on that sinking ship is beyond me.

I loved cutler, but over time his shortcomings and attitude have ruined it for me. That, and the fact that he sucks as a qb doesn't help.
But it's done. I'm moving on.

It's tebow time.

It's time like this where I hate myself for never learning photoshop.

Woody's face & claw in Cutler's uniform would be epic.

http://www.cdawgsworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Roy-Munson-300x225.jpg

vancejohnson82
01-25-2011, 02:58 PM
The thing I don't get is the fact that McDaniels moved on from Cutler so long ago, yet all of the McDaniels fans just can't get over him. It is weird.

I especially like the new line of thinking. This stuff about him being not playing through an injury when he played some before his coach pulled him. It is like McDaniels fans just latch onto every drama queen thing some media hack puts out. I guess this isn't a surprise since the McDaniels fans are drama queens.

You are absolutely ameoba-brained

Cutler's name is all over the board because his name is all over the sports pages right now...

McDaniels name is on the board because YOU bring him into every thread possible

bendog
01-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Cutler sucks. Let's move on.

NEVER! We will flog this dead mcdaniels ... I mean horse.... for a long time

broncocalijohn
01-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Cutler did a fine job of giving Hanie a hand up when he left the game with his injury. His assistance was invaluable to his team.

Yes, he stayed out of his way! Or Cutler could have actually went next to him and told him with the different formations printed out, "Look Caleb, whatever I tell you to do, do the opposite and we might have a chance today."