PDA

View Full Version : Cutler demanded trade the day McD was hired

Boobs McGee
01-23-2011, 06:54 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_17170363

"In defense of Josh McDaniels, he never had a chance with Jay Cutler.

On Jan. 12, 2009, the day that McDaniels was officially announced as the Broncos' head coach, Cutler called the front office and demanded a trade, according to three NFL sources."

Discuss.

BroncoDoug
01-23-2011, 06:57 PM
old news is old

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-23-2011, 06:58 PM
In other news, you're all sixes to Jay Cutler, the quitter. Enjoy defending him, Cutler nuthuggers.

listopencil
01-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I heard that Cutler called his agent from the womb and demanded a different vagina for the delivery.

Ratboy
01-23-2011, 06:59 PM
In other news, you're all sixes to Jay Cutler, the quitter. Enjoy defending him, Cutler nuthuggers.

we're*, unless you are not a Broncos fan.

BroncoDoug
01-23-2011, 06:59 PM
I heard that Cutler called his agent from the womb and demanded a different vagina for the delivery.

Did his dad return his umbilical cord to the original vagina?

listopencil
01-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Did his dad return his umbilical cord to the original vagina?

He walked it in to the hospital after Jay left.

Boobs McGee
01-23-2011, 07:06 PM
He walked it in to the hospital after Jay left.

That's because the mother wasn't returning phone calls

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-23-2011, 07:08 PM
we're*, unless you are not a Broncos fan.

I just found it odd that people defended him after he said something like that. But you're right. We're all sixes in his eyes.

What a great guy.

Ratboy
01-23-2011, 07:10 PM
I just found it odd that people defended him after he said something like that. But you're right. We're all sixes in his eyes.

What a great guy.

Jake Plummer gave fans the finger and people still defend him.

Boobs McGee
01-23-2011, 07:11 PM
IMO, this hits the nail on the head. From the article :

"What Cutler didn't realize is that his close relationship with Bates was one reason Bowlen's search committee led to McDaniels. Bates coaches aggressively and his personality apparently rubs his superiors the wrong way. After he left Denver and coached with Pete Carroll at USC and with the Seattle Seahawks, Bates was just fired again. McDaniels, meanwhile, had every reason to doubt whether he could win with a quarterback who didn't want to play for the head coach. Cutler's defiance gave McDaniels the right to at least explore a deal for Matt Cassel when former boss Bill Belichick set him up with a trade offer.
Yet, even after the proposed Cassel deal to Denver was leaked, McDaniels-Cutler should have been salvaged.
In the end, the most dominant root of McJaygate was immaturity. The two sides gathered for a clear-the-air summit and McDaniels blew it with bravado. He was too young too Belichickian, perhaps to soothe the feelings of a petulant quarterback who was undermining his authority.
In a meeting that was supposed to bring peace, Cutler was too self-centered to accept admonishment. He felt betrayal. Which player doesn't, eventually? Cutler reissued his trade demand.
This became a coach who went overboard with the concept of team before self and a player who put self above the team.
Cutler bailed on the Broncos. He appears wiser for it today, no doubt. But he still bailed.

Read more: Klis: Jay Cutler's departure led to Josh McDaniels' - The Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_17170363#ixzz1Bum047qL) http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_17170363#ixzz1Bum047qL
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse "

EDIT: except for the bolded part

HAT
01-23-2011, 07:12 PM

That's only because JP had a single chin.

txtebow
01-23-2011, 07:26 PM
IF the Bears had started Kyle Orton today they would have only lost by a FG!

mkporter
01-23-2011, 07:28 PM

As I recall, Plummer gave one fan the finger. As you may have noticed hanging around here, there are lots of individual fans that deserve it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-23-2011, 07:39 PM

Jake plummer won a lot more games than cutler did.

Uncle Bill
01-23-2011, 07:46 PM
old news is old

This is actually not old news at all. Until this article came out, it was widely assumed that Cutler didn't demand a trade until McD pursued Cassel. This article puts the entire situation in a different light. In the end, I think McD royally screwed up his handling of Cutler, among many other things, but this revelation absolutely justifies McD's interest in Cassel, which most of us thought was absurd at the time...

HAT
01-23-2011, 07:50 PM
As I recall, Plummer gave one fan the finger. As you may have noticed hanging around here, there are lots of individual fans that deserve it.

:thumbsup: to jake for spotting jhiz in the crowd that day. :notworthy

BroncoDoug
01-23-2011, 07:51 PM
This is actually not old news at all. Until this article came out, it was widely assumed that Cutler didn't demand a trade until McD pursued Cassel. This article puts the entire situation in a different light. In the end, I think McD royally screwed up his handling of Cutler, among many other things, but this revelation absolutely justifies McD's interest in Cassel, which most of us thought was absurd at the time...

I was refering to the fact that it was already brought up in previous threads. But I agree it does put the situation in a different light, but I also seem to remember hearing something about this during the whole McJayGate drama.

_Oro_
01-23-2011, 07:51 PM
This article is great because now Josh Mcdaniels doesn't get credit for the Cutler trade. Score one for team Cutler!

TonyR
01-23-2011, 07:52 PM

Exactly right. Well said.

HILife
01-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Go Packers!

Dedhed
01-23-2011, 07:55 PM
IF the Bears had started Kyle Orton today they would have only lost by a FG!

If they had started Hanie they might have won.

Rigs11
01-23-2011, 08:03 PM
Wow, so mcd didn't run cutler out of town like all the nuthuggers are saying around here?

HAT
01-23-2011, 08:03 PM
This article is great because now Josh Mcdaniels doesn't get credit for the Cutler trade. Score one for team Cutler!

McD never should've gotten credit (or blame) for the trade happening in the first place since PB ultimately made the decision.

McD does deserve at least partial credit for what Denver rec'd, however. Just as he deserves partial blame for what those picks turned into. The good news is that Orton may still have some value so hopefully it's the gift that keeps on giving. I doubt Campbell would be worth anything this offseason.

Just be glad that it all happened to begin with.

OCBronco
01-23-2011, 08:29 PM
The funny thing is, after today's game, Cutler comes off looking even worse in that article. Especially since it's predicated on the idea that Cutler came off better in the end.

So long, Frowncannon.

Archer81
01-23-2011, 08:34 PM
I think we should all let it go. Look to the future and all that.

Besides, our new franchise QB played on a broken leg.

:Broncos:

Dedhed
01-23-2011, 08:39 PM

I was not aware of this, and I'm around here enough. As far as I was aware, his fussing started after he found out about the Cassel talk.

Not that it changes anything at this point. Anyone who's still clinging to the notion that Cutler will be a great NFL QB, is just trying to save face.

lostknight
01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Two immature idiots were handed the keys to franchise, and this cluster**** is what happened. It was widely reported at the time that Cutler was told that Jeremy Bates would be retained. he wasn't - he left after stripped of play calling duties. Meanwhile, Josh opened the door and poured gas on the fire with the Cassel deal.

We can all specualte on what would have happened, but we know what didn't - Mcdaniels.

MplsBronco
01-23-2011, 09:45 PM
I remember hearing this exact thing at the time all this shiat was going down. May have been more rumor and innuendo at that time, but it's not new to me.

MplsBronco
01-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Or perhaps it was Cutler asked for a trade after Shanny was fired, not after McD was hired. Either way, he was looking for an out. Karma's a bitch.

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2011, 09:53 PM
This is news to me, and it certainly does cast the situation in a different light.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 02:20 AM
Denver fans need to read this...

mkporter
01-24-2011, 08:10 AM
We can all specualte on what would have happened, but we know what didn't - Mcdaniels.

I think there is pretty ample evidence that McDaniels happened.

jhns
01-24-2011, 08:22 AM

Actually, it was reported before the trade ever happened. Peter King was the first one to say it. After he said it, McDaniels, Cutler, Bowlen, and Cutlers agent all said it wasn't true. The article is based on the rumor Peter King started.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Actually, it was reported before the trade ever happened. Peter King was the first one to say it. After he said it, McDaniels, Cutler, Bowlen, and Cutlers agent all said it wasn't true. The article is based on the rumor Peter King started.

And corroborated by two other sources.

Dang pesky facts, getting in the way of jizz' nut hugging schedule.

Broncobiv
01-24-2011, 08:28 AM
Denver fans need to read this...

Meaning, you do not need to read this...

jhns
01-24-2011, 08:29 AM
And corroborated by two other sources.

Dang pesky facts, getting in the way of jizz' nut hugging schedule.

Right, some guys that work the rumor mill know better than the guys in the situation. That is an intelligent way to look at it.

Drek
01-24-2011, 08:31 AM

Klis cites three league sources. King does not work in the NFL and is therefore not a league source.

Much like Cutler's 'MCL tear' sometimes NFL personnel lie to cover up obvious failures in decorum.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Right, some guys that work the rumor mill know better than the guys in the situation. That is an intelligent way to look at it.

Which of those would you say you are? Rumor mill, or guy in the situation?

Considering they were named as NFL sources, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they know a bit more than your stupid ass.

jhns
01-24-2011, 08:37 AM
Klis cites three league sources. King does not work in the NFL and is therefore not a league source.

Much like Cutler's 'MCL tear' sometimes NFL personnel lie to cover up obvious failures in decorum.

Cites three league sources? Where? Who are these guys that know more about what happened here than Cutler, Bowlen, and McDaniels? They all claimed Cutler never asked for a trade before the Cassel thing AFTER Cutler was traded.

TailgateNut

Considering they were named as NFL sources, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they know a bit more than your stupid ass.

This can be said when comparing anyone to jhizzz

TonyR
Actually...

Hey how'd your boy Jay do yesterday?

CEH
01-24-2011, 08:38 AM
I'll try and get Kils to speak directly about this situation on the Vic and Gary morning show once they get set up in Mobile.

I want to know after 2 years why did these sources decide to come out the day of the NFC Championship game.

Seems odd timing to me.

jhns
01-24-2011, 08:39 AM

They were named? Funny, I don't see names.

These names know more than the people in the situation? Weird. Funny that he asked for a trade and then was here working with McDaniels(in his off time) all in the same week...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 08:40 AM
I'll try and get Kils to speak directly about this situation on the Vic and Gary morning show once they get set up in Mobile.

I want to know after 2 years why did these sources decide to come out the day of the NFC Championship game.

Seems odd timing to me.

I'm curious about this as well.

I think it might have something to do with Elway's appearance on the Ticket on Friday, honestly. After he said what he said about Cutler being traded, I think someone in the front office might have pulled him aside and said "actually... he demanded out before McD was even in the building." Derp.

I also think it's entirely possible that Klis sat on the story for this entire time, choosing instead to ride the cresting wave of McDaniels hate in this town for his content and using the Cutler-is-a-dick story only when it becomes absolutely clear that Cutler is, in fact, a dick.

jhns
01-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Hey how'd your boy Jay do yesterday?

Better than your boy McDaniels.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 08:41 AM
They were named? Funny, I don't see names.

These names know more than the people in the situation? Weird. Funny that he asked for a trade and then was here working with McDaniels(in his off time) all in the same week...

You're right. Klis is probably making it up.

Or maybe he demanded the trade, the FO said "go **** yourself, you little prick. Time to come to work and be an adult." He moped around the complex, couldn't take criticism, and so the Cassel trade was explored.

But no, you probably know better than THREE NFL SOURCES. LOL

PROTECT QUEEN CUTLER!

Steve Sewell
01-24-2011, 08:43 AM

Because agents, players, and coaches are always so forthcoming with with the media and always tell them the truth.

Drek
01-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Cites three league sources? Where? Who are these guys that know more about what happened here than Cutler, Bowlen, and McDaniels? They all claimed Cutler never asked for a trade before the Cassel thing AFTER Cutler was traded.

Maybe you should check the OP.

Klis is a professional journalist who covers the NFL for a living. He says that three separate NFL sources told him Cutler requested a trade the day McDaniels was hired.

Your response is to plug your ears and scream "NUH UH!" loudly and repeatedly. Like somehow that is a worthwhile counter argument.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Maybe you should check the OP.

Klis is a professional journalist who covers the NFL for a living. He says that three separate NFL sources told him Cutler requested a trade the day McDaniels was hired.

Your response is to plug your ears and scream "NUH UH!" loudly and repeatedly. Like somehow that is a worthwhile counter argument.

Something tells me Cutler wasn't the only one with tears in his eyes yesterday.

TonyR
01-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Better than your boy McDaniels.

Oh I'm fairly certain that Josh had a more enjoyable day than Jay yesterday. And which one of them is getting dragged through the mud today?

Steve Sewell
01-24-2011, 08:46 AM

Seems odd timing to me.

When people come out with stuff like this, it's usually when the person it will affect is in a weakened position.

A good example is Mangino's last year at KU. The guy was untouchable before that because he was taking a perennial doormat to BCS games. The moment he doesn't reach a bowl game --- OMG HE'S BEEN VERBALLY ABUSING PLAYAZ 4 YEARS!

This is just the way the world works.

jhns
01-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Three unnamed sources know better than McDaniels, Bowlen, and Cutler... Duh!

LOL

Again, he was so upset that he requested a trade on his way in to work, during his time off, with McDaniels!

You kids are silly.

Missouribronc
01-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Three unnamed sources know better than McDaniels, Bowlen, and Cutler... Duh!

LOL

Again, he was so upset that he requested a trade on his way in to work, during his time off, with McDaniels!

You kids are silly.

So...now McDaniels' word is gospel?

jayhns having his cake and eating it too.

Kaylore
01-24-2011, 08:51 AM
This confirms my earlier suspicions that Jay didn't want to be a Bronco anymore and was just waiting for any reason he could to pretend he was insulted and demand a trade leveraging the media against the front office. So the actual events were as follows:

Cutler wants Bates either head coach or retained in some capacity.
The FO goes another direction with McD calling plays.
Cutler upset Bates wasn't retained and/or his approval wasn't sought on the new hire demands a trade.
McD entertains trade talk since this was requested.
Cutler then leverages trade talk into justifying hissy fit.
Cutler refuses to speak with Bowlen and management because he's really just getting back at them for not asking his opinion on the new hire.
Cutler is major dickhead.

jhns
01-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Oh I'm fairly certain that Josh had a more enjoyable day than Jay yesterday. And which one of them is getting dragged through the mud today?

Isn't Josh getting his name drug through the mud every day?

Personally, I would rather fail in the title game than be sitting at home as the team I coached is waiting around with the second pick in the draft. I get that this is probably just me though.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 08:52 AM
This confirms my earlier suspicions that Jay didn't want to be a Bronco anymore and was just waiting for any reason he could to pretend he was insulted and demand a trade leveraging the media against the front office. So the actual events were as follows:

Cutler wants Bates either head coach or retained in some capacity.
The FO goes another direction with McD calling plays.
Cutler upset Bates wasn't retained and/or his approval wasn't sought on the new hire demands a trade.
McD entertains trade talk since this was requested.
Cutler then leverages trade talk into justifying hissy fit.
Cutler refuses to speak with Bowlen and management because he's really just getting back at them for not asking his opinion on the new hire.
Cutler is major dickhead.

Quoted for truth.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 08:53 AM

Personally, I would rather fail in the title game than be sitting at home as the team I coached is waiting around with the second pick in the draft. I get that this is probably just me though.

Only at your house, while you're masturbating with your own tears.

"God damn you, Josh... god damn you..." /sob

vancejohnson82
01-24-2011, 08:56 AM

hahaha.....still defending Cutler, as he pulls an LT and sits on the sideline with his jacket on while his team fights their asses off to try and get to the Super Bowl

even Bears fans were booing him yesterday...you're a joke

jhns
01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
So...now McDaniels' word is gospel?

jayhns having his cake and eating it too.

When did you see me call him a liar? Not knowing what you are doing is differen than being a liar.... Anyways, I said Cutler and Bowlen also. That is everyone involved in the situation. All of them said it after the trade. There was no reason for them to lie about it at that point.

TonyR
01-24-2011, 08:57 AM

No, actually. McD recently got pursued by at least two teams for their OC position and hired by one of them. Meanwhile, Jay Cutler is the laughingstock of the league this morning.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Look for "pulling a Cutler" to make its way into the lexicon.

_Oro_
01-24-2011, 09:00 AM
What did Elway say on the ticket about the Cutler trade regarding McD? A lot of people keep referencing this but I missed it. Help a maner out.

CEH
01-24-2011, 09:04 AM
What did Elway say on the ticket about the Cutler trade regarding McD? A lot of people keep referencing this but I missed it. Help a maner out.

http://www.denversportsstation.com/page.php?page_id=60

Elway Interview 1/21

Listen and you can decide

jhns
01-24-2011, 09:18 AM
No, actually. McD recently got pursued by at least two teams for their OC position and hired by one of them. Meanwhile, Jay Cutler is the laughingstock of the league this morning.

Ahhh. So the jobless guy getting a demotion from where he was is doing better than the QB in the NFCCG. Got it.

Steve Sewell
01-24-2011, 09:20 AM

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5218/5384934362_35af8e78f3_m.jpg

jhns
01-24-2011, 09:20 AM
hahaha.....still defending Cutler, as he pulls an LT and sits on the sideline with his jacket on while his team fights their asses off to try and get to the Super Bowl

even Bears fans were booing him yesterday...you're a joke

No, you are all jokes. Every single one of you that constantly cries about getting over Cutler. It isn't me starting these threads. I just post in them to laugh at all of you. For people that have moved on, you all sure have an insane obsession. Me? I don't really care what happens with Cutler. I didn't even watch the games yesterday. I was putting stuff away in my new house.

_Oro_
01-24-2011, 09:21 AM
http://www.denversportsstation.com/page.php?page_id=60

Elway Interview 1/21

Listen and you can decide

Thanks for the link.

colonelbeef
01-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Cutler was loyal to Mike Shanahan, the guy who drafted and was grooming him- after the dust settled, he was willing to work with the new regime, only to be undercut when McDaniels stupidly inquired about trading for Matt Cassel- the first of many incredibly moronic moves by the McDaniels front office.

The fault lies with the franchise for losing the 25 year old QB who was under contract; if you are willing to forgo all logic and reason and attempt to blame Cutler, you probably thought McDaniels was doing a good job too, and your ability to grasp reality is nonexistent anyway.

TonyR
01-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Ahhh. So the jobless guy getting a demotion from where he was is doing better than the QB in the NFCCG. Got it.

Seriously, jhns, go turn on sports talk radio or pull up any sports web site. You tell me which guy is getting the negative press today. And which guy is getting slammed for current and former players and coaches. Which guy, jhns? This was the single biggest story from that game, the story dominating the headlines and airwaves, and it's all negative about Cutler. You can spin it any way you want, or ignore it, but that doesn't change the reality of what's going on today. Cutler's already bad rep just got a whole lot worse. He had a big chance to quiet the doubters yesterday and he completely blew it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Cutler was loyal to Mike Shanahan, the guy who drafted and was grooming him- after the dust settled, he was willing to work with the new regime, only to be undercut when McDaniels stupidly inquired about trading for Matt Cassel- the first of many incredibly moronic moves by the McDaniels front office.

The fault lies with the franchise for losing the 25 year old QB who was under contract; if you are willing to forgo all logic and reason and attempt to blame Cutler, you probably thought McDaniels was doing a good job too, and your ability to grasp reality is nonexistent anyway.

Read the OP. Stop looking like a dumb ****.

I know this is a tall order for you. But try.

colonelbeef
01-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Read the OP. Stop looking like a dumb ****.

I know this is a tall order for you. But try.

Oh look, moron being a moron, shocker

If you can't understand what I wrote, please refrain from quoting it

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Oh look, moron being a moron, shocker

If you can't understand what I wrote, please refrain from quoting it

You wrote this, right? "The fault lies with the franchise for losing the 25 year old QB who was under contract"

The 25 year old pouty bitch-ass brat who demanded a trade before even meeting the new coach? And then was surprised when they talked about trading him?

Christ, you get dumber by the minute.

colonelbeef
01-24-2011, 09:57 AM
You wrote this, right? "The fault lies with the franchise for losing the 25 year old QB who was under contract"

The 25 year old pouty b****-ass brat who demanded a trade before even meeting the new coach? And then was surprised when they talked about trading him?

Christ, you get dumber by the minute.

There is literally nothing you understand about football.

You thought Josh McDaniels was doing a good job- your opinion is worthless.

You should really take the year off and watch people who know what they are talking about.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 10:04 AM

You should really take the year off and watch people who know what they are talking about.

Riiiiiiight.

Your posts in this thread alone should have you banned for rampant idiocy. Seriously. I'll watch you post, and we can call it the PrivateBeefCurtains Moron-a-thon.

You think Jay Cutler isn't a quitting, whining little bitch. Your opinion is laughable, worthless and stupid.

Shoemaker
01-24-2011, 10:05 AM

Man, its so easy to "win" arguments when you refuse to acknowledge somebody's viewpoint.

Considering that you're completely ignoring the facts posted in the OP to go on a rant about the front offices' failings, and invalidating peoples' opinions because they don't make enormous sweeping generalizations like you do, I'd say your posts are the most worthless in this thread.

OABB
01-24-2011, 10:07 AM

good point.

now about Cutler sucking and blowing the nfccg, what say you?

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 10:13 AM
colonelbeef, any many others, don't understand what rebuilding meant. The fact that Denver never really acknowledged we were doing that contributed to all this fiasco around McDaniels. We will never really know how McDaniels would have turned out, again, as everyone else knows, a coach should be given at least 3 years to build something, considering he was handed over a roster in which character was not a criteria, and the CAP issues were all ****ed up.

McDaniels did a lot for this franchise, taking the blow for trading Jay, drafting Tim Tebow, helping fix all the dead money the Broncos had on the roster, marked a true rebuilding stage for this organization (which is still in shambles), ...etc.

McDaniels put his stamp on the franchise in drafting Tim Tebow, and it will be there forever as long as Tim Tebow is a Bronco.

Now we have someone with WAY, WAY less experience at what he's doing than McDaniels did. and this guy is running the WHOLE organization and football team.

I'm sorry, but that's just how it is.

Mediator12
01-24-2011, 10:14 AM
This is absolutely true. He demanded a trade as soon as Shanahan went out the door actually. Ask TJ, I told him before all this crap came down....

Lev Vyvanse
01-24-2011, 10:23 AM
colonelbeef, any many others, don't understand what rebuilding meant. The fact that Denver never really acknowledged we were doing that contributed to all this fiasco around McDaniels. We will never really know how McDaniels would have turned out, again, as everyone else knows, a coach should be given at least 3 years to build something, considering he was handed over a roster in which character was not a criteria, and the CAP issues were all ****ed up.

McDaniels did a lot for this franchise, taking the blow for trading Jay, drafting Tim Tebow, helping fix all the dead money the Broncos had on the roster, marked a true rebuilding stage for this organization (which is still in shambles), ...etc.

McDaniels put his stamp on the franchise in drafting Tim Tebow, and it will be there forever as long as Tim Tebow is a Bronco.

Now we have someone with WAY, WAY less experience at what he's doing than McDaniels did. and this guy is running the WHOLE organization and football team.

I'm sorry, but that's just how it is.

Cap issues? Now you are just making **** up.
2009:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/26/tampa-bay-working-with-most-salary-cap-space/
2010:
No cap.
What issue?

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Cap issues? Now you are just making **** up.
2009:
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/26/tampa-bay-working-with-most-salary-cap-space/
2010:
No cap.
What issue?

lol you've already forgotten.

Henry has long been removed from the Broncos' roster, but he still is a strong presence on their books. The former running back and current convicted drug dealer counts $3.6 million against the team's $128 million salary cap budget this year.
"He's on somebody else's roster right now," cornerback Champ Bailey said with a chuckle. "I learn something about the salary cap every year. I can understand it counting maybe for the following year, but this far down the road? The system is crazy."

Read more: Broncos' ascent even more stunning because of "dead money" burden - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13664610#ixzz1ByUdaMP0
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

+ more dead money.

Now, shut the **** up you ****in idiot, I don't understand how certain topics can be talked about and somehow forgotten in less than 2 years later.

DIAF DIAF DIAF

^^^ LOL

Archer81
01-24-2011, 10:31 AM
lol you've already forgotten.

Henry has long been removed from the Broncos' roster, but he still is a strong presence on their books. The former running back and current convicted drug dealer counts $3.6 million against the team's $128 million salary cap budget this year.
"He's on somebody else's roster right now," cornerback Champ Bailey said with a chuckle. "I learn something about the salary cap every year. I can understand it counting maybe for the following year, but this far down the road? The system is crazy."

Read more: Broncos' ascent even more stunning because of "dead money" burden - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13664610#ixzz1ByUdaMP0Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

+ more dead money.

Now, shut the **** up you ****in idiot, I don't understand how certain topics can be talked about and somehow forgotten a less than 2 years later.

DIAF DIAF DIAF

^^^ LOL

The article is from 2009. Anything more recent, perhaps?

vancejohnson82
01-24-2011, 10:33 AM
No, you are all jokes. Every single one of you that constantly cries about getting over Cutler. It isn't me starting these threads. I just post in them to laugh at all of you. For people that have moved on, you all sure have an insane obsession. Me? I don't really care what happens with Cutler. I didn't even watch the games yesterday. I was putting stuff away in my new house.

real big football fan

Beantown Bronco
01-24-2011, 10:46 AM

You might want to read his response again. He's talking about McD inheriting a cap mess in 2009....he then cited a 2009 article with the specifics to support his argument. Why would he need a more recent article?

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 10:47 AM

Why does it matter when it was from? My original post talked about what he did in his tenure here... and there are more articles, just search google.

baja
01-24-2011, 11:13 AM
You might want to read his response again. He's talking about McD inheriting a cap mess in 2009....he then cited a 2009 article with the specifics to support his argument. Why would he need a more recent article?

I have a 1964 article stating Kennedy was shot but I'll look around for something more current before I confirm the truth of it. ;D

Boobs McGee
01-24-2011, 11:22 AM

Except he wasn't. That's the whole point. Go back and read the article again...he WAS NOT willing to work with the new regime, because he demanded a trade the day Josh was hired. BEFORE the cassel talks began.

That's my whole point in bringing this up...Jay pussed out before giving anything a chance to work.

Agamemnon
01-24-2011, 11:42 AM
I don't care how it happened. I'm just glad it did. I don't want that self-centered vagina on my team.

Archer81
01-24-2011, 01:00 PM

Doh!...

Well it suddenly makes sense then. My bad.

baja
01-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Someone should go to a Bears board and ask who they would rather have going forward, Jay Cutler, Tim Tebow or Kyle Orton.

TailgateNut
01-24-2011, 03:52 PM
real big football fan

He'll read about it later. That's how he learned about the broncos after he grew some pubic hair, although he wants everyone to believe he's been following football for decades.

He's the biggest BSer on the OM.

TheReverend
01-24-2011, 04:14 PM
This is absolutely true. He demanded a trade as soon as Shanahan went out the door actually. Ask TJ, I told him before all this crap came down....

Yes, but you are leaving key details out of this post, though.

Boobs McGee
01-24-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm curious Rev (you seem like a fairly level headed poster, and from what I recall were a staunch cutler supporter), assuming Klis has his facts straight, does the new information cast jay in a different light for you?

steeledude
01-24-2011, 07:15 PM

That is the stupidest thing I've ever read on here, and that's saying something. He gave one guy the finger and a bunch of people saw it. Not the same thing at all. Being an observer of the finger isn't the same as getting the finger. You're like an old woman who is easily offended.

mwill07
01-24-2011, 08:11 PM
How does this new revelation effect the whole "McD lied!!!" meme? If cutler asked to be traded originally, how could he have been upset if McD was trying to trade him?

I'm a little confused.

baja
01-24-2011, 09:37 PM
How does this new revelation effect the whole "McD lied!!!" meme? If cutler asked to be traded originally, how could he have been upset if McD was trying to trade him?

I'm a little confused.

You have just stumbled on the degree douchery that Cutler and his agent perpetrated on the Broncos

SoCalBronco
01-24-2011, 09:54 PM

I'm a little confused.

Why would this confuse you? Just for the sake of fun, let's assume that you are right. So what? Is it reasonable for Jay to get very angry and say certain things when he just found out he lost his coach (the guy who drafted him too) and it appears there is also a great possibility he will lose his OC who he got along well with? He just came out of college and he does have a temper to some extent as do most 25 year old kids...how would that be an unreasonable instant reaction? Now you might say if he kept on that track then it would become unreasonable...not a bad comment. But it appears rather clear that he wasn't "still on that track" over time. If that were true, then it follows that he wouldn't have come in to the facility to work with the new staff BEFORE OTA'S and also ON HIS OWN TIME after he saw them and got to know them a little bit. It is very difficult to square this with the proposition that somehow he KEPT wanting to be traded well after the firing but before the Matt Cassel thing. It makes no sense...why would he be there on his own time? EVEN IF he had a blowup over a very traumatic event (if you dont think the Shanahan firing was traumatic, I can tell you its still traumatic to me and I didnt work with the guy every day either), it does not show that he wanted to get traded from Day 1 and kept wanting that.

Boobs McGee
01-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Why would this confuse you? Just for the sake of fun, let's assume that you are right. So what? Is it reasonable for Jay to get very angry and say certain things when he just found out he lost his coach (the guy who drafted him too) and it appears there is also a great possibility he will lose his OC who he got along well with? He just came out of college and he does have a temper to some extent as do most 25 year old kids...how would that be an unreasonable instant reaction? Now you might say if he kept on that track then it would become unreasonable...not a bad comment. But it appears rather clear that he wasn't "still on that track" over time. If that were true, then it follows that he wouldn't have come in to the facility to work with the new staff BEFORE OTA'S and also ON HIS OWN TIME after he saw them and got to know them a little bit. It is very difficult to square this with the proposition that somehow he KEPT wanting to be traded well after the firing but before the Matt Cassel thing. It makes no sense...why would he be there on his own time? EVEN IF he had a blowup over a very traumatic event (if you dont think the Shanahan firing was traumatic, I can tell you its still traumatic to me and I didnt work with the guy every day either), it does not show that he wanted to get traded from Day 1 and kept wanting that.

In my opinion, it IS unreasonable. If you're boss at work was fired, as well as your manager, would you just all of a sudden start DEMANDING to get transferred to a different company because you didn't like the new management? What if the new management had a particular skillset that would greatly improve your work habits?

rmsanger
01-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Man that QB class of VY, Leinart, and Cutler is one giant fial! fing awful...

SoCalBronco
01-24-2011, 10:11 PM
In my opinion, it IS unreasonable. If you're boss at work was fired, as well as your manager, would you just all of a sudden start DEMANDING to get transferred to a different company because you didn't like the new management? What if the new management had a particular skillset that would greatly improve your work habits?

Assuming this speculation is true (and its a big IF), I think it would only be unreasonable if that tack kept up after the emotional impact of the traumatic event subsided. But it didnt. It's a simple fact of life (cue Ray Finkle posting the Facts of Life intro with Mindy Cohn...again) that when someone is faced with a very traumatic event out of the blue (esp a young person), they will react in an unusual way, but it will generally subside and that's what happened here even if you believe this happened, since he came in there on his OWN ACCORD and on his OWN TIME REPEATEDLY to work with these people. There's nothing unreasonable about this, IMO.

Boobs McGee
01-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Assuming this speculation is true (and its a big IF), I think it would only be unreasonable if that tack kept up after the emotional impact of the traumatic event subsided. But it didnt. It's a simple fact of life (cue Ray Finkle posting the Facts of Life intro with Mindy Cohn...again) that when someone is faced with a very traumatic event out of the blue (esp a young person), they will react in an unusual way, but it will generally subside and that's what happened here even if you believe this happened, since he came in there on his OWN ACCORD and on his OWN TIME REPEATEDLY to work with these people. There's nothing unreasonable about this, IMO.

First off, I think it's unfair to generalize. Not everyone reacts in an unusual way when something doesn't go exactly how they'd planned. JAY did this. Others HAVE done this. But, it isn't the norm, and I don't give hall passes for reacting like a petulant child. Actually, I WOULD give a hall pass if the person reacted like he did, and then realized the err of his ways, eventually trying to make amends. But he never retracted his offer. By just showing up to work like you're obligated to, you're not making any divergence from your original flareup. You still harbor misgivings about your coach, and continually demand a trade. I don't recall ever hearing jay say "hey, you know what, I overreacted. I want to be Denver Bronco from here on out". What I saw, was a guy coming to mandatory work functions, whilst constantly looking for an out. The coach had to prepare for the possibility that an emotionally unstable player wouldn't give his all, and acted accordingly.

You had an employee (again, it's an IF, but three separate NFL sources hardly constitutes a BIG if) that showed blatant unwillingness to work towards your vision. You have to have a backup plan, even IF the guys comes around eventually.

baja
01-24-2011, 10:41 PM
I can only imagine how much Jay's emo ways must have pissed of the dictatorial McDaniels.

TailgateNut
01-25-2011, 06:20 AM

Traumatic event?Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

TheReverend
01-25-2011, 07:00 AM
I'm curious Rev (you seem like a fairly level headed poster, and from what I recall were a staunch cutler supporter), assuming Klis has his facts straight, does the new information cast jay in a different light for you?

Nope. Jay did so on the advice of a very close to the situation confidant.

Point blank: Denver said no. And how did Jay react? He came in to Dove Valley and started working with Josh to learn the offense.

WolfpackGuy
01-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Cutler would've been in camp and ready that May and McClueless would probably still be head coach.

I don't see the reason Bowlen had to get involved unless he was trying to avoid a repeat of Elway-Reeves.

jhns
01-25-2011, 07:24 AM
All of you McDaniels fans just need to move on. The guy that is now running the team has already called you a bunch of dumbasses. You would think you would get the point.

Missouribronc
01-25-2011, 07:54 AM
All of you McDaniels fans just need to move on. The guy that is now running the team has already called you a bunch of dumbasses. You would think you would get the point.

http://skepacabra.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/pot-kettle-black.jpg

HAT
01-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Except he wasn't. That's the whole point. Go back and read the article again...he WAS NOT willing to work with the new regime, because he demanded a trade the day Josh was hired. BEFORE the cassel talks began.

That's my whole point in bringing this up...Jay pussed out before giving anything a chance to work.

And there's this from January 3rd...A week BEFORE McD was hired
~~~~~~~~

After Mike Shanahan was fired Tuesday, Cutler, the Broncos' 25-year-old quarterback, made it clear through an emotional phone call with Ellis, the Broncos' chief operating officer, that play-caller Jeremy Bates had BETTER stay.

Cutler reiterated his endorsement of Bates, in much calmer tones, during a phone call the following morning placed by Bowlen, the Broncos' owner.

"Obviously he's the man around here now, so I will be talking to Jay," Bowlen said.

Cutler has been kept abreast of the coaching search. He knew the five candidates, not including Bob Stoops, before anyone else knew.

Cutler's desire to retain Bates is tied for the top reason why the Broncos are leaning toward making a defensive coordinator their head coach. The other tied-for-first reason is this Broncos franchise desperately needs to fix its defense.

(LATER in the article....)

But firing Shanahan now had the feeling of abandoning a rebuilding project just as it was developing some promise. The only way to explain the timing is the owner had become fed up with owning a company that was run by somebody else.

"I'm here every day and I make the decisions," Bowlen said Wednesday. "I run the show."

Read more: Don't discount Cutler's role in coach search - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11362889#ixzz1C4NqnEZj
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

So..................

Shanny fired

Jay goes Emo on Ellis and starts making demands

Pat mellows him out with a condescending, "Sure kid, we'll keep you in the loop"

Pat's decides he's not gonna let some Emo QB determine the fate of HIS franchise. Was maybe leaning defensive minded HC with Bates but ultimately went with who he thought best.

Ellis/Pat hire McD

FLASH FORWARD to the Klis article in the OP....

On Jan. 12, 2009, the day that McDaniels was officially announced as the Broncos' head coach, Cutler called the front office and demanded a trade, according to three NFL sources."

And people still think McD ran Cutler out of town? GTFO

vancejohnson82
01-25-2011, 11:11 AM

once again....Elway said nothing of the sort

baja
01-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Damn you must have but some time into that HAT.

HAT
01-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Damn you must have but some time into that HAT.

Not really....I just searched threads with Cutler in the title for that January. Somebody had linked that Klis article from 1/3/09 and it reminded me of his article this week (In the OP here).

I don't understand why he sat on the "trade demanded on hiring day" for 2 years though. But it's pretty obvious that at least one of his "3 NFL sources" is somebody in Denver's own FO.

Yet, jhiz and others want to discredit the premise simply because he didn't actually name his sources (Journalism 101)

Rohirrim
01-25-2011, 11:59 AM
I also think Bus had a hand in this. I don't doubt he was whispering in Jay's ear that he could get him the gig with the Bears, Jay's favorite team growing up. Bus Cook has a record of this kind of ****.

Missouribronc
01-25-2011, 12:08 PM
I also think Bus had a hand in this. I don't doubt he was whispering in Jay's ear that he could get him the gig with the Bears, Jay's favorite team growing up. Bus Cook has a record of this kind of ****.

Nah...never...

:afro:

jhns
01-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Yet, jhiz and others want to discredit the premise simply because he didn't actually name his sources (Journalism 101)

Or because everyone involved in the situation said it didn't happen. Your unnamed sources have nothing on my named ones...

Maybe because it doesn't even make sense. Cutler asked for a trade when McDaniels was hired only to come in and work with him during his off time right after? That makes sense to you? This is the Cutler you know? He hates something enough to want a trade and then just shrugs it off?

It isn't just that your source is bad. It's that what you are saying just doesn't make sense AND you don't have a good source...

Missouribronc
01-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Cutler asked for a trade when McDaniels was hired only to come in and work with him during his off time right after? That makes sense to you? This is the Cutler you know? He hates something enough to want a trade and then just shrugs it off?

Actually, that sounds just like Cutler.

JakeNbake
01-25-2011, 12:16 PM
I demanded a trade when McDaniels got fired

Missouribronc
01-25-2011, 12:17 PM

I demanded a trade when they benched Orton.

HAT
01-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Actually, that sounds just like Cutler.

ROFL!

Beat me to it.

JakeNbake
01-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I demanded a trade when they benched Orton.

Good man.

HAT
01-25-2011, 12:19 PM

FU spam-bot!

JakeNbake
01-25-2011, 12:19 PM
:) shake it baby

Rohirrim
01-25-2011, 12:20 PM
When Elway retired, I had my dad turn in my playbook.