PDA

View Full Version : Mort: Carson Palmer Demands Trade From Bengals

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2011, 11:16 AM
@mortreport Filed to ESPN: Carson Palmer will demand a trade from Bengals; willing to play retirement card, if necessary.

Yikes, didn't really see that coming. I was under the impression Cincy was getting rid of T.O. & Chad Johnson for Palmer's benefit.

Jesterhole
01-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Can't blame him. I'd want to go to a some place that wants to win as well.

brncs_fan
01-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Surprising but understandable. He went their to change the franchise around and has been riddled with BS ever since.

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Surprising but understandable. He went their to change the franchise around and has been riddled with BS ever since.

You've got to wonder what would have happened if he never got hurt in that playoff game against Pittsburgh. Just a mess since then, both him and the team in general.

Dr. Broncenstein
01-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Orton for Palmer. Make it happen.

tsiguy96
01-23-2011, 11:23 AM
wonder if having him on market changes ortons value

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2011, 11:23 AM
the guy has been playing like crap the last few years but it's hard to know where the blame really resides.

atomicbloke
01-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Damn.... this screws up Orton's trade value.

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2011, 11:25 AM
the guy has been playing like crap the last few years but it's hard to know where the blame really resides.

Yeah... I mean, as it stands now, I don't think this hurts Orton's value because I think Orton has been better. But perhaps the situation was bad, perhaps Carson still has talent but needs a better organization, etc. None of us can really know.

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2011, 11:26 AM

yep, thanks Carson, you broken-down-washed-up prima donna...

Man-Goblin
01-23-2011, 11:26 AM

What else would we be getting back from the Bengals?

brncs_fan
01-23-2011, 11:28 AM
You've got to wonder what would have happened if he never got hurt in that playoff game against Pittsburgh. Just a mess since then, both him and the team in general.

Exactly. He was skyrocketing to the top rung of the QB ladder when that happened. Then he comes back tentative and then they let TJ leave and keep Ocho-Cinco who is too busy clowning to make any real contributions followed by the signing of TO who sparks a bromance with Chad.

Hogan11
01-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Can't blame him, I wouldn't want to play with TO & Ocho either

HILife
01-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Cardinals new QB?

spdirty
01-23-2011, 11:31 AM
I'd love to trade Orton for Palmer, let Palmer compete with Tebow for the job. Never happen though. San Fran, Zona, Minnesota, Seattle, Chicago, one of em will overpay for him.

Hogan11
01-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Cardinals new QB?

They're too cheap...the Bills OTOH

ColoradoDarin
01-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Good timing Carson, you should have waited 2 weeks and did this at the half of Superbowl. Hey dill hole, you want to wait until the season is over??

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Cardinals new QB?

that's what I'm thinking... what about the Niners?

Tombstone RJ
01-23-2011, 11:33 AM
No way do I want the Broncos to go after Palmer... give Tebow the chance and trade Orton. Let Quinn be the back up.

Borks147
01-23-2011, 11:39 AM
seahawks should trade whitehurst for him

Boomhauer
01-23-2011, 11:43 AM

In heartbeat. I'd hope trades also allows us to dump McD scraps and maybe get back some picks too.

k9-style
01-23-2011, 11:49 AM
No trade here. His contract is almost as enormous as McDouchebag's ego.

Killericon
01-23-2011, 11:57 AM
It's about time. I really hope he goes somewhere classy and does well for himself.

Rascal
01-23-2011, 11:59 AM
he has 39 million/3 years left on his contract...good luck with that.

SouthStndJunkie
01-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Mike Brown won't put up with any bull****....he will let him rot in hell before he lets a player tell him what to do when he is under contract.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Don't care what it does to Orton's trade value.

3, 4, and 5 could draft QBs now, 2 isn't a bad spot to be.

That One Guy
01-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Am I the only one that saw Palmer completely missing receivers and RBs at 7 yds this season? Whatever is wrong with Palmer makes him a non-guarranteed-starter in my book. He was making some throws as bad as any I've ever seen. Anyone remember the season finale when he tried to hit TO in the EZ?

Rascal
01-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Am I the only one that saw Palmer completely missing receivers and RBs at 7 yds this season? Whatever is wrong with Palmer makes him a non-guarranteed-starter in my book. He was making some throws as bad as any I've ever seen. Anyone remember the season finale when he tried to hit TO in the EZ?

He has been crap since his knee injury.

Rascal
01-23-2011, 01:08 PM

:thumbsup:

Ratboy
01-23-2011, 01:38 PM

:notworthy

NFLBRONCO
01-23-2011, 01:41 PM

Yep I don't expect us picking at 2.

Tim
01-23-2011, 01:44 PM
I wonder if his little bro jordan gets a shot now.

DarkHorse30
01-23-2011, 01:44 PM

I don't think so. Palmer is the most overrated "star" QB in the league. He's terrible. Feet of stone and can't hit wide open guys. USCrappy QB

Boltjolt
01-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Carson Palmer sucks

Hogan11
01-23-2011, 02:37 PM
I don't think so. Palmer is the most overrated "star" QB in the league. He's terrible. Feet of stone and can't hit wide open guys. USCrappy QB

Arrogant as well, he was damn near unbearable in the 2009 season. I see this past season as poetic justice, Karma is a biatch.

400HZ
01-23-2011, 02:51 PM
He finished the season strong. Knocked the stupid Chargers out of the playoffs. That's got to count for something around here, right?

boltaneer
01-23-2011, 03:35 PM
He finished the season strong. Knocked the stupid Chargers out of the playoffs. That's got to count for something around here, right?

He lives in Del Mar and I think he'd be a nice backup for Rivers. :)

I've always thought he was a bit overrated and his play has dropped considerably but another team hurting for a QB will give him a chance to start.

Agamemnon
01-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Excellent opportunity for Chicago to upgrade the QB position. :wiggle:

WolfpackGuy
01-23-2011, 03:50 PM
So much for getting anything for Orton...

That One Guy
01-23-2011, 04:07 PM
He lives in Del Mar and I think he'd be a nice backup for Rivers. :)

I've always thought he was a bit overrated and his play has dropped considerably but another team hurting for a QB will give him a chance to start.

At one point in time, he was awesome. He just isn't anymore. Some of his throws nowadays are "Whooooooooa" type throws. I saw one this season where he threw a pick 6 trying to dump off to the RB and overthrow him by at least 5 yds when the RB was only about 5 from him.

maven
01-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Wonder what he's worth? Anyway, just because he wants to be traded doesn't mean Cincy will do it. He's under contract. Ocho Cinco wanted out of Cincy, and they never traded him.

Hogan11
01-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Wonder what he's worth? Anyway, just because he wants to be traded doesn't mean Cincy will do it. He's under contract. Ocho Cinco wanted out of Cincy, and they never traded him.

That's because nobody wanted that side show freak

Jason in LA
01-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Cincy is a mess. They're a losing organization and they pretty much have to give into their coach's demands just for him to come back and now their QB wants out.

maven
01-23-2011, 04:22 PM

I think he wanted out during the 2007 season or the end of it? He was a pretty good player back then and teams would've definitely wanted him. Cincy let him sulk and he's still there today.

TDmvp
01-23-2011, 04:23 PM

Actually that's wrong ...

The Skins 2 years ago tried to give the Bengals a crap load for him and in typical Bengal fashion they blew it , just like when the Saints / Ditka tried to give them their whole draft to move up for Ricky and the Bengals passed cause they was sold on Akili Smith...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3358557

The Redskins offered their first-round pick, No. 21 overall, and a conditional third-rounder in 2009 that could escalate to a first-rounder if Johnson and the Redskins hit certain performance levels , Cincy says no

The following year the Raiders tried to give them Michael Bush a 2nd and 5th (i think those was the picks) for Chad and they passed again.

Hate Chad . Hate the Bengals. Live in Cincinnati ...

Hogan11
01-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Actually that's wrong ...

The Skins 2 years ago tried to give the Bengals a crap load for him and in typical Bengal fashion they blew it , just like when the Saints / Ditka tried to give them their whole draft to move up for Ricky and the Bengals passed cause they was sold on Akili Smith...

The following year the Raiders tried to give them Michael Bush a 2nd and 5th (i think those was the picks) for Chad and they passed again.

Hate Chad . Hate the Bengals. Live in Cincinnati ...

Well, that's true...I forgot about that.

TDmvp
01-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Well, that's true...I forgot about that.

Hey but I agree with you that no one in their right mind wants him :O)

db56
01-23-2011, 06:13 PM
No way do I want the Broncos to go after Palmer... give Tebow the chance and trade Orton. Let Quinn be the back up.

This!!

OrangeSe7en
01-23-2011, 06:29 PM
So much for getting anything for Orton...

More than one team needs a QB.

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2011, 07:09 PM
More than one team needs a QB.

This, plus even though I'm hard on Orton, I do think he's better than Palmer at this point.

primetime714
01-23-2011, 07:15 PM
We're now the only team in the top 5 not strongly looking at QB's.

Palmer will have some value, but at the same time his contract is terrible and he hasn't done much lately. Some teams may prefer Orton in a trade particularly teams looking to draft a young QB. Orton at 1 year 9M is a good short term option that could be more in the right situation (Minnesota?).

If Carolina goes with Fairley I think #2 is up for auction. Ideally we could trade back a few spots and still pick up Bowers or Peterson.

iforgotmypassword
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
wasn't the knee injury.... the elbow injury is when he started gettin ****t. If i'm a team lookin for a QB I go 1. Kolb 2. Palmer 3. Orton.... Alot of people have this order is reverse....

FireFly
01-23-2011, 09:20 PM

I don't think he's played like crap at all.

The pieces just haven't been in place for him. They're rubbish on O and on D. He is for my money their only really good player. And he is REALLY good imo

FireFly
01-23-2011, 09:22 PM

Neither is 6

broncocalijohn
01-23-2011, 09:42 PM
wonder if having him on market changes ortons value

Of course! now there needs to be more teams willing to change QBs. How many GMs would want Palmer over Orton? This isnt good if we plan on trading him. Personally, I say keep him until at least training camp unless one hell of any offer comes through.

primetime714
01-23-2011, 09:47 PM
wasn't the knee injury.... the elbow injury is when he started gettin ****t. If i'm a team lookin for a QB I go 1. Kolb 2. Palmer 3. Orton.... Alot of people have this order is reverse....

That's the right order. Although the wild card is Palmer's contract which is just awful. Also the Eagles want a king's ransom for Kolb. Orton while not as good as either of them comes on a nice 1 year deal at a reasonable trade price (future 2nd or 3rd).

That One Guy
01-23-2011, 09:51 PM
I don't think he's played like crap at all.

The pieces just haven't been in place for him. They're rubbish on O and on D. He is for my money their only really good player. And he is REALLY good imo

My opinion isn't any more valid than yours so it's a sincere question if you'd explain a bit about why you believe he's REALLY good. I've only watched some here and there but when I have, he's made numerous passes that just make me think he shouldn't even be in the league anymore. It's not even usually something he can blame on a player running the wrong route. It's where the player is standing in position, squatting in a zone style and he just throws it into the wrong time zone.

Odysseus
01-23-2011, 10:10 PM

Exactly!

Agamemnon
01-23-2011, 10:14 PM
This, plus even though I'm hard on Orton, I do think he's better than Palmer at this point.

They're both crap to be honest.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-23-2011, 10:15 PM
We know one thing - he wants nothing to do with the Broncos.

How does that feel, guys?

strafen
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
I don't think the guy has done much lately to have teams lining up for his services, let alone demand a trade
I would not be surprised if Cincy drafts a QB this year, regardless whether Palmer stays or goes...

SoCalBronco
01-23-2011, 10:20 PM
They're both crap to be honest.

I get the feeling (no inside source or anything, just a gut thing) that John Fox is not in a hurry to get rid of Orton. He's a conservative, traditional football coach and a guy like Orton is safe to him. I'm sure he appreciates seeing Tebow working non stop, but I just get the sense that he would prefer Orton, even though that is contrary to what alot of us want (including myself) and probably contrary to Bowlen's bottom line as well. If true (and it is a big if as I am speculating), it would make for an interesting dynamic between those who would like to get rid of Orton for draft picks (as much as I dog on Xanders, he's probably in this category and its a category I would be in too), guys who would like to stick with Orton (possibly Fox) and those who might have doubts about Tebow, but understand what he can become and also understand the economic aspect of Tebow-mania (Elway).

strafen
01-23-2011, 10:44 PM
I get the feeling (no inside source or anything, just a gut thing) that John Fox is not in a hurry to get rid of Orton. He's a conservative, traditional football coach and a guy like Orton is safe to him. I'm sure he appreciates seeing Tebow working non stop, but I just get the sense that he would prefer Orton, even though that is contrary to what alot of us want (including myself) and probably contrary to Bowlen's bottom line as well.IF they keep Orton it will be for insurance reason and not as a starter.
I don't see Tebow regressing, I don't see Tebow losing his job to Orton/
As long as Tebow continues to do what he's been doing and getting better, he'll be our opening day starting QB.
Keeping McCoy as our OC may have been a FO ruling if you know what I mean...

TDmvp
01-23-2011, 10:50 PM
For some retarded reason Bengals fans (I live in Cincy) have a hard on for Brady Quinn and have been bishing that they should have went after him from the Browns after seeing what we gave up for him . Right at the start of our season they all was talking about wishing the Bengals will still try to get him from us.

They are so sick or Palmer tho and would take anyone else on the planet right now. How easy they forget what it was like to have David Klingler , Jeff Blake , Akili Smith and Kitna.

broncocalijohn
01-23-2011, 10:52 PM
For some retarded reason Bengals fans (I live in Cincy) have a hard on for Brady Quinn and have been bishing that they should have went after him from the Browns after seeing what we gave up for him . Right at the start of our season they all was talking about wishing the Bengals will still try to get him from us.

They are so sick or Palmer tho and would take anyone else on the planet right now. How easy they forget what it was like to have David Klingler , Jeff Blake , Akili Smith and Kitna.

I am sure we can work something out for our 3rd string QB.

TDmvp
01-23-2011, 10:54 PM
I am sure we can work something out for our 3rd string QB.

I hope we do just to shut them up about it and to get that tool off our roster.

robbieopperude
01-24-2011, 12:53 AM
I would say the order of available QB's will probably very per system but there are just a handful of guys available. V.Young, K.Kolb, C.Palmer, K.Orton, and probably D.McNabb. C.Palmer's best bet would be to restructure his contract so that another team will take him. Maybe he ends up in Washington for a year. I see McNabb landing in either Minn, S.F. or Arz. The teams that miss out on him will be in on Kolb and ultimately A.Reid will move him if he can find a quality backup for Vick. I will put money down that Vick won't play all 16 games next year. Then you have Tenn. and probably S.F. looking at Orton with maybe Miami also interested based on what I have read on this board.

Based on that information I would say Orton's value is a future 2nd or 3rd this year.

My comparison of Palmer and Orton goes like such: On Palmers and Orton's best days Palmer is better. On the average day Orton is better and on there bad days your getting blown out so it doesn't matter. I do like Orton's ability to take care of it in the red zone. Price tag goes in Orton's favor currently also but I think Cinci can leverage Palmer into restructuring if he wants out of there. Overall if i am Tenn. looking for a QB I would take Orton but not before McNabb or Kolb.