PDA

View Full Version : Lakers @ Nuggets game

The MVPlaya
01-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Was this a home or away game for the Lakers? Because I all I heard were MVP chants for Kobe. :rofl:

Oh, and watch the beginning of the highlights... anyone who saw my thread yesterday already knows what I'm thinking.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310121007

Analysts aren't even defending you guys.

I must say though, it was a good game until Denver's defense fell apart in the 3rd and got ass raped by Kobe, pun intended.

Anytime you let Ron Artest put up 19, you might as well call it quits.

TD30
01-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Boo him or cheer him Anthony isn't staying and he has had his mind made up before the season started. Kobe Bryant is an idiot. I respect his talent but logic and decision making has never been his strong suit so maybe he should just keep his mouth shut

Missouribronc
01-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Bandwagon, douche bag Lakers fans who've probably never been to L.A., and might not even be able to find it on the map...

****'em. Nuggets fans have dealt with this BS for years, as just about every NBA team has...

BigPlayShay
01-22-2011, 12:06 AM
Anything you let Ron Artest put up 19, you mind as well call it quits.

Here we have another example of the Playa being a smarter fan than us Denver folk. Face it, he just provides "realistic intakes" that we can't even begin to understand. We should all be honored that he graces us with his presence on this board.

Los Broncos
01-22-2011, 12:19 AM
Here we have another example of the Playa being a smarter fan than us Denver folk. Face it, he just provides "realistic intakes" that we can't even begin to understand. We should all be honored that he graces us with his presence on this board.

I don't even belong on the same board as him, I'm just a dumb Broncos fan.

OBF1
01-22-2011, 12:30 AM
I am an idiot bronco fan as well :)

Go Lakers

PS: I have been going to Lakers for over 25 years.

schaaf
01-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Was this a home or away game for the Lakers? Because I all I heard were MVP chants for Kobe. :rofl:

Oh, and watch the beginning of the highlights... anyone who saw my thread yesterday already knows what I'm thinking.

I must say though, it was a good game until Denver's defense fell apart in the 3rd and got ass raped by Kobe, pun intended.

I honestly don't know what fan base would be okay and still continue to back a player that the city of Denver has been behind since the second he was drafted and now he makes his mind up that he just doesn't want to play for them anymore. This is exactly why the NBA is turning into a complete joke. Absolutely no loyalty.

You may think the city of Denver has ****ty fans. But I cannot wait to graduate college and move to Denver and support all of the teams in Denver.

I have yet to see you provide a good and reasonable discussion to a topic related about the Broncos or its fans, which is odd because this is a forum for the Denver Broncos and its fans.

Would you please stop being such a douche?

TDmvp
01-22-2011, 02:04 AM

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/271/englishmotherur2mediums.png

After you're done going outside and playing hide n go F yourself , please take some time off and maybe post less and try to indulge in some of this.

http://almightydad.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Hooked-on-Phonics.JPG

And to think you are the guy who goes from thread to thread calling people stupid yet you sound like someone who was home schooled by the cast of Jersey Shore.

Edit : and you go back and edit it and you still fail .Brilliant...

Anythime you let Ron Artest put up 19, you mind as well call it quits.

The MVPlaya
01-22-2011, 02:44 AM
my bitch shows up...

playing hide n go F yourself

extralife
01-22-2011, 02:47 AM
christ, can we ban the little brat yet

TDmvp
01-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Anytime you let Ron Artest put up 19, you mind as well call it quits.

Keep trying retard ... Maybe after the 4th edit you successfully complete a basic sentence.

Little hint .... I think the word you are looking for is might not mind.

SimonFletcher73
01-22-2011, 04:22 AM
No tacos. Who cares about the result.

Kaylore
01-22-2011, 05:32 AM
No tacos. Who cares about the result.

No kidding.

My intake is Tacos.

strafen
01-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Another failed project of the Los Angeles school district system.

strafen
01-22-2011, 07:51 AM
I am an idiot bronco fan as well :)

Go Lakers

PS: I have been going to Lakers for over 25 years.That goes without saying...

RhymesayersDU
01-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Didn't get a chance to see the whole game, sadly. We left around halftime, and by the time the cab got us to the bar and we got inside, it was mid 4th quarter and the Nuggies were down 15. That 3rd quarter was a killer, clearly.

gunns
01-22-2011, 08:36 AM
Go celtics!

Jason in LA
01-22-2011, 10:21 AM

After you're done going outside and playing hide n go F yourself , please take some time off and maybe post less and try to indulge in some of this.

And to think you are the guy who goes from thread to thread calling people stupid yet you sound like someone who was home schooled by the cast of Jersey Shore.

Now that is just funny. ;D

Jason in LA
01-22-2011, 10:26 AM
I honestly don't know what fan base would be okay and still continue to back a player that the city of Denver has been behind since the second he was drafted and now he makes his mind up that he just doesn't want to play for them anymore. This is exactly why the NBA is turning into a complete joke. Absolutely no loyalty.

Well a couple things to consider. The chances of ever winning a title with the Nuggets is very slim. Similar to the problems in Cleveland. So why stick around?

As for loyalty, he was drafted, he didn't go there by choice. They didn't develop him into a great player. He was extremely talented when they got him. So the city being behind him doesn't really mean so much. Does the city of Denver deserve him simply because they sucked really bad when it was his year to be drafted? He has every right to go play somewhere else.

The MVPlaya
01-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Well a couple things to consider. The chances of ever winning a title with the Nuggets is very slim. Similar to the problems in Cleveland. So why stick around?

As for loyalty, he was drafted, he didn't go there by choice. They didn't develop him into a great player. He was extremely talented when they got him. So the city being behind him doesn't really mean so much. Does the city of Denver deserve him simply because they sucked really bad when it was his year to be drafted? He has every right to go play somewhere else.

Exactly...

OrangeSe7en
01-22-2011, 11:30 AM

Anytime you let Ron Artest put up 19, you might as well call it quits.

It's kind of sad that someone would brag about Kobe being a rapist.

Gutless Drunk
01-22-2011, 11:39 AM

And nobody is stopping him. He can play out his contract and go wherever he wants.
He doesn't have every right to the money the Nuggets can pay him if he doesn't want to be a Nugget. If all he cares about is winning, say you won't extend with anyone, play it out and go join Kobe or Amare.

schaaf
01-22-2011, 11:46 AM

I agree, but then if a fanbase chooses to not root for someone when they know he's leaving what's the big deal? Why should the fanbase continue to have his back when he is leaving.

oubronco
01-22-2011, 12:06 PM

Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

The MVPlaya
01-22-2011, 12:07 PM
I agree, but then if a fanbase chooses to not root for someone when they know he's leaving what's the big deal? Why should the fanbase continue to have his back when he is leaving.

I dont' know, maybe the fact that he's played almost 8 seasons with the city, grown up right in front of your eyes, and provided the city of Denver with some sort of hope every season?

I mean, it's not surprising people are mad... but you do what you gotta do. He's not putting Denver on blast (not yet at least), so as a player you do what you have to do. It's up to the FO to provide the fans a future star...

It's 2010, you can be a fan of anyone no matter what city.

RhymesayersDU
01-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Yeah I have mixed feelings about the Carmelo thing. There's certainly some hurt feelings as a fan, but I also understand where he's coming from. (1) Our front office is similar to Cleveland's. Many botched decisions, bad contracts, etc. I mean, this team needs to be re-worked, but we are a few players away. (2) He wants to go home. He's from NY/Baltimore/That area. I mean let's be honest, who wouldn't want to? Even though it sucks, I can't fault the guy wanting to live elsewhere. I live in Albuquerque, NM and as soon as I can I want to move. So on a human level, we all have things that we want to do.

bronco militia
01-22-2011, 03:03 PM

I disagree.....pro players are not developed at the pro-level. they either have it or they don't. It's up to Melo to mature and develope his game.

and fans should not feel obligated to support a player because he plays on their favorite team.

OrangeSe7en
01-22-2011, 03:10 PM
I dont' know, maybe the fact that he's played almost 8 seasons with the city, grown up right in front of your eyes, and provided the city of Denver with some sort of hope every season?

I mean, it's not surprising people are mad... but you do what you gotta do. He's not putting Denver on blast (not yet at least), so as a player you do what you have to do. It's up to the FO to provide the fans a future star...

It's 2010, you can be a fan of anyone no matter what city.

The Denver fans don't ow him anything if he's leaving. They cheared him the past 8 years that you mentioned. They're no more obligated to cheer for him than he is to stay there.

Jason in LA
01-22-2011, 06:00 PM

I don't have any problem with the fans not supporting him, but the names he gets called and the booing, that's a bit much. Just like with LeBron, I see nothing wrong with him leaving to have a better chance of winning a title. The fans of Denver are not entitled to have him play for the Nuggets. He has no obligation to be loyal to them. If they can't build a championship team there, then bounce.

Jason in LA
01-22-2011, 06:03 PM
He wants to go home. He's from NY/Baltimore/That area. I mean let's be honest, who wouldn't want to? Even though it sucks, I can't fault the guy wanting to live elsewhere. I live in Albuquerque, NM and as soon as I can I want to move. So on a human level, we all have things that we want to do.

Also consider that his wife has a career in the entertainment field, which she had before they met. And she's from New York, where her family still is. So career and family wise I bet she's dying for him to go to the Knicks.

Mogulseeker
01-22-2011, 07:37 PM
This is why the NBA is a joke.

bronco militia
01-22-2011, 10:05 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/meloblogger.gif

Gutless Drunk
01-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Also consider that his wife has a career in the entertainment field, which she had before they met. And she's from New York, where her family still is. So career and family wise I bet she's dying for him to go to the Knicks.

If he wants to play for the Knicks all he has to do play out his contract and then sign with them. It might cost him about 40 million, but he will be where he thinks he can win, I guess, and his wife will be happy. So it's all good.
Who knows with her new-found career resurgence due to being in New York she might be able to make that up.
Carmelo's problem is he wants everything. He wants the max extension that he can only get now. He wants to go to a stacked team like Bron and Wade and he wants to only go to New York.
I never begrudge someone wanting the money or to go somewhere and win.
But he is being pretty ridiculous and that's why most people are ready to say good riddance

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2011, 02:35 AM
This is why the NBA is a joke.

Why's that, exactly?

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2011, 02:37 AM
If he wants to play for the Knicks all he has to do play out his contract and then sign with them. It might cost him about 40 million, but he will be where he thinks he can win, I guess, and his wife will be happy. So it's all good.
Who knows with her new-found career resurgence due to being in New York she might be able to make that up.
Carmelo's problem is he wants everything. He wants the max extension that he can only get now. He wants to go to a stacked team like Bron and Wade and he wants to only go to New York.
I never begrudge someone wanting the money or to go somewhere and win.
But he is being pretty ridiculous and that's why most people are ready to say good riddance

That's exactly what he's doing. He's playing out his contract. At the end of the year, he has a player option. He's let everybody know upfront that he won't be exercising it.

Honestly, like I said earlier in this thread, as a fan I certainly have some hurt feelings over it. But even I have to admit he's played hard nearly every night, and has tried to minimize being a distraction.

NhocCuteGirlz
01-23-2011, 02:44 AM
Boo him or cheer him Anthony isn't staying and he has had his mind made up before the season started. Kobe Bryant is an idiot. I respect his talent but logic and decision making has never been his strong suit so maybe he should just keep his mouth shut
| Migration Outlook to Notes 6.0 (http://soft444.com/2011/01/20/migration-outlook-to-notes-6-0/) | Send Gifts to pakistan screensaver5 3.0145 (http://soft444.com/2010/12/07/send-gifts-to-pakistan-screensaver5-3-0145/) | Wixkill 0.9.0.0 (http://soft444.com/2011/01/18/wixkill-0-9-0-0/) | PamFax for Mac OS 3.0.0.3 (http://soft444.com/2010/12/18/pamfax-for-mac-os-3-0-0-3/) | Twitter Tweeter 1.0 (http://soft444.com/2010/12/07/twitter-tweeter-1-0/)

RhymesayersDU
01-23-2011, 02:46 AM
Yeah the thing with Kobe is, even if he's right, you can't call out the fans. It's just a bad play that will never work out in your favor.

Are people stupid to boo Melo? I don't know. Maybe. But an athlete should never call out the fans. It's just a bad play.

broncswin
01-23-2011, 06:46 AM
F*** Kobe...an Melo to for that matter. Poor Melo! Are we suppose to feel sorry for this fool or what?! Oh he wants to go home and play, be by his family...right and La La is in the entertainment field...LMAO, that is like saying we all work for ESPN...they are nothing but a side show in this crazy world.

My rant is over...Melo can suck it

Jason in LA
01-23-2011, 05:45 PM
right and La La is in the entertainment field...LMAO, that is like saying we all work for ESPN...they are nothing but a side show in this crazy world.

You may not like the type of entertainment she's in, but that is entertainment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_La_%28entertainer%29