PDA

View Full Version : Packers assistant says he would listen to Broncos

bronclvr
01-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Green Bay Packers defensive line coach Mike Trgovac said publicly in Green Bay today he would listen to the Broncos if they wished to wait to interview him for Denverís opening for defensive coordinator.

Trgovac canít talk about Denver specifically because of league rules regarding assistant coaches who are under contract. The Broncos canít ask permission to interview Trgovac until the Packers have played the NFC Championship Game Sunday.

Trgovac was John Foxís defensive coordinator in Carolina for six seasons. Long-time friends of Trgovacís in the league say he has a daughter who will be a senior in high school next fall and that could influence his desire to interview with the Broncos.

More here:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/01/21/packers-assistant-says-he-would-listen-to-broncos/6675/

Cmac821
01-21-2011, 04:50 PM
That is confusing, "Trgovac can’t talk about Denver specifically" but "Mike Trgovac said publicly in Green Bay today he would listen to the Broncos "

Bronco Boy
01-21-2011, 04:55 PM
That is confusing, "Trgovac canít talk about Denver specifically" but "Mike Trgovac said publicly in Green Bay today he would listen to the Broncos "

He didn't say which Broncos. Heh.

Chris
01-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Maybe it was pillow talk.

baja
01-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Any of the coaches can interview the week after the Championship games

HILife
01-21-2011, 05:05 PM
More importantly, is his daughter hot.......and over 18?

Dr. Broncenstein
01-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Buy a vowel, dimwit.

Chris

Xanders already gave her the three legged stool speech.

Perry1977

This. ^^

HILife
01-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Buy a vowel, dimwit.

She could've been held back 2 or 3 times.

HooptyHoops
01-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Cool, lets hope he has a great relationship with Fox and they can get a deal DONE!!

baja
01-21-2011, 05:22 PM
John Elway introduces Mick Trgovac

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/mike_trgovac.jpg

rbackfactory80
01-21-2011, 05:22 PM
I can't believe someone would want to work for the Denver Broncos.

meangene
01-21-2011, 05:23 PM
Any of the coaches can interview the week after the Championship games

I thought that too but the Post this morning said otherwise - assistant coaches can only interview for head coaching positions until their team is eliminated. Also, Dennis Allen was interviewed by Fox today in North Carolina. Looks like Cleveland is going with Dick Jauron so I guess we could wait on Trgovac. I think I prefer Allen actually - more of an aggressive defense background.

orange crusher
01-21-2011, 05:47 PM
I thought that too but the Post this morning said otherwise - assistant coaches can only interview for head coaching positions until their team is eliminated. Also, Dennis Allen was interviewed by Fox today in North Carolina. Looks like Cleveland is going with Dick Jauron so I guess we could wait on Trgovac. I think I prefer Allen actually - more of an aggressive defense background.

I thought I saw something saying that they didn't have to grant permission to interview unless it was for a head coaching position. Since this would be a move from DL coach to DC, they would have to be real dicks to not allow him to interview.

meangene
01-21-2011, 05:51 PM
I thought I saw something saying that they didn't have to grant permission to interview unless it was for a head coaching position. Since this would be a move from DL coach to DC, they would have to be real ***** to not allow him to interview.

This was the quote from the Post:

League rules prohibit interviews with assistant coaches who are still employed and under contract with another team unless they are interviewing for a head coaching position. Assistants on Super Bowl teams can interview to be a head coach during the week following the conference championship games, but that is the only exception.

Read more: Will Broncos coach Fox wait on Packers defensive coach Trgovac? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17153694#ixzz1BiknlyVn
http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Not that they are necessarily correct! ;D

mkporter
01-21-2011, 05:57 PM
This was the quote from the Post:

League rules prohibit interviews with assistant coaches who are still employed and under contract with another team unless they are interviewing for a head coaching position. Assistants on Super Bowl teams can interview to be a head coach during the week following the conference championship games, but that is the only exception.

Read more: Will Broncos coach Fox wait on Packers defensive coach Trgovac? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17153694#ixzz1BiknlyVn
http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Not that they are necessarily correct! ;D

I've seen this elsewhere too. Assistant coaches under contract cannot interview for positions other than HC jobs until their season is over, and then it must be with the consent of their team.

broncolife
01-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Come on Bears

Beantown Bronco
01-21-2011, 08:09 PM

I don't know too many people that are over 18 in January of their junior year of HS.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2011, 08:28 PM

Broncos are looking like some desperate pussies here.... you got ASSISTANT coaches (non cord.) saying that they'll give the BRONCOS an opportunity to interview them. lmao like THEY'RE doing the Broncos a favor.
:rofl:

Lets be real...do you see any other team being treated like this?

Can you imagine a coach saying, oh yeah, I'll listen to the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens...:rofl: no, the organizations come to YOU...

but in this case, since we're still filled with incompetent people in the FO, we have to let DL coaches do us some favors.

Los Broncos
01-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Buy a vowel, dimwit.

Hey it's Mock!

schaaf
01-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Broncos are looking like some desperate pussies here.... you got ASSISTANT coaches (non cord.) saying that they'll give the BRONCOS an opportunity to interview them. lmao like THEY'RE doing the Broncos a favor.

Can you imagine a coach saying, oh yeah, I'll listen to the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens...:rofl: no, the organizations come to YOU...

but in this case, since we're still filled with incompetent people in the FO, we have to let DL coaches do us some favors.

Thanks for your insight Bro! :thumbsup:

Rashomon
01-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Green Bay Packers defensive line coach Mike Trgovac said publicly in Green Bay today he would listen to the Broncos if they wished to wait to interview him for Denverís opening for defensive coordinator.

Trgovac was John Foxís defensive coordinator in Carolina for six seasons.

Does anyone know why Trgovac went from Defensive Coordinator at Carolina to D Line coach in Green Bay? That certainly seems like a step down.

Ratboy
01-21-2011, 09:11 PM
http://twitter.com/jordantrgovac

schaaf
01-21-2011, 09:31 PM
http://twitter.com/jordantrgovac

game on! haha

ghostofjosh
01-21-2011, 10:00 PM
That is confusing, "Trgovac canít talk about Denver specifically" but "Mike Trgovac said publicly in Green Bay today he would listen to the Broncos "

was thinking the same thing

zdoor
01-21-2011, 10:45 PM

I think he made the comment trying to say if we wait, he's interested . It had already been reported, he was someone Fox wanted.

baja
01-21-2011, 10:49 PM
I think he made the comment trying to say if we wait, he's interested . It had already been reported, he was someone Fox wanted.

Yes and it's quite obvious.

broncocalijohn
01-21-2011, 10:56 PM

Can she compete with Wade Phillips' daughter? Sickos, google it for your own pleasure. Also, the article stated that his daughter would be a senior and he would be inclined to talk to Denver. Why? Does she go to school in Colorado? If she is in Wisconsin, wouldnt she want to finish her school there for her senior year?

baja
01-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Can she compete with Wad Phillips' daughter? Sickos, google it for your own pleasure. Also, the article stated that his daughter would be a senior and he would be inclined to talk to Denver. Why? Does she go to school in Colorado? If she is in Wisconsin, wouldnt she want to finish her school there for her senior year?

No it means she graduates in the spring and could move then or go on to college. It would be a natural break in life and a good time to make a major move.

MABroncoFan
01-21-2011, 11:44 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/114404784.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

broncocalijohn
01-21-2011, 11:53 PM
No it means she graduates in the spring and could move then or go on to college. It would be a natural break in life and a good time to make a major move.

Here is the quote:
Long-time friends of Trgovacís in the league say he has a daughter who will be a senior in high school next fall and that could influence his desire to interview with the Broncos.

Ratboy
01-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Means he won't interview.

OBF1
01-22-2011, 12:32 AM

Or around all us idiot, stupid fans ;D

d bronx42
01-22-2011, 01:16 AM
From rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1966&line=199174&spln=1

Packers DL coach Mike Trgovac is considered the favorite for the defensive coordinator vacancy in Denver.
It's expected to be Trgovac's job if he wants it, although the Broncos must wait for the Packers' season to end to interview him. Trgovac was new Denver coach John Fox's defensive coordinator in Carolina from 2003 until 2008, before being replaced by Ron Meeks. "I was not fired," Trgovac insisted when explaining his departure. "I left (the Panthers) on a great note."

Jan. 22 - 1:34 am et

schaaf
01-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Means he won't interview.

in the mind of MVPlaya--- because of how ****ty the fans of Colorado are and this pathetic organization.

The Moops
01-22-2011, 04:23 AM
Met Trgovac years ago when he was the Redskins d-line coach.

Total no-nonsense guy dedicated to coaching his players.

OABB
01-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Yeah....gonna call him mike.

baja
01-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Here is the quote:
Long-time friends of Trgovacís in the league say he has a daughter who will be a senior in high school next fall and that could influence his desire to interview with the Broncos.

Oh I see than it doesn't make so much sense unless it means because she has only one year left to finish her school he would only be away for one season. At any rate he seems like he would be a good choice.