PDA

View Full Version : Chicago paper on Cutler

TonyR
01-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Leading his team to a lopsided win over the Seattle Seahawks in a divisional playoff game was not a defining moment in Jay Cutler’s as-yet-undefined career — no matter how many wrote or said otherwise.

Beating the worst playoff team in history at home is not how legends are forged.

All Cutler proved last week was that a mid-sized moment wasn’t too big for him. It’s going to take a stronger statement for people to quit viewing him as a more fleet-of-foot version of Rex Grossman. It’s going to take a win over the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday at Soldier Field for Cutler to begin to earn the respect every quarterback craves.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/3394881-419/cutler-game-ball-bears-quarterback.html

I know what to expect out of Rodgers. I don’t know what I’ll get from Jay Cutler. Even in the Bears’ playoff victory over Seattle — one of Cutler’s best games of the season — there were two, maybe three passes the Seahawks could have picked off. Could have, but didn’t. Will Cutler be so careless and lucky against the Packers?

You’ll often hear quarterbacks say they’re playing against the opposing defense, not the opposing quarterback. But this is as close to a cage match of two QBs as you’re going to get. Rodgers the wise, skilled operator vs. Cutler the physically gifted, mercurial question mark.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/3412561-419/bears-packers-rodgers-cutler-season.html

tsiguy96
01-21-2011, 10:44 AM
after listening to sirius radio a lot, the general public really doesnt like cutler much.

TonyR
01-21-2011, 10:46 AM
after listening to sirius radio a lot, the general public really doesnt like cutler much.

Nope. ESPN radio did "confidence picks" on all four QBs for this weekend and Cutler came in fourth. A strong performance and a win against GB will do a lot to elevate his reputation. A loss and poor performance will cement his current rep.

peacepipe
He wins a super bowl it ain't gonna make a damn differance what his attitude is like or whether people like him or not.

OABB
I was just thinking, how come we never discuss cutler very much here? And than this beauty of a thread popped up.

So..... What is everyone's opinion onthe man? Do we like the trade? Did we get good compensation?

Discuss.

Archer81
I forsee great things for this thread.

:Broncos:

TonyR
01-21-2011, 10:48 AM
And than this beauty of a thread popped up.

LOL Quiet today and I couldn't resist. I thought it was interesting that a couple of Chicago Sun Times articles were echoing what a lot of us are saying in the Cutler discussions this week.

Archer81
01-21-2011, 10:50 AM
LOL Quiet today and I couldn't resist. I thought it was interesting that a couple of Chicago Sun Times articles were echoing what a lot of us are saying in the Cutler discussions this week.

But but but...he did something only Otto Graham ever did...automatically makes him the best QB ever...

If Green Bay wins this week alot of these Cutler threads are quickly going to drop off the front page.

tsiguy96
01-21-2011, 10:51 AM
they said on sirius radio today, if sanchez wins this next playoff game, he will have more road playoff wins than any QB ever

TonyR
01-21-2011, 10:52 AM
they said on sirius radio today, if sanchez wins this next playoff game, he will have more road playoff wins than any QB ever

Sanchez is an odd case because he generally sucks all season and then seems to rise to the occasion in the playoffs.

Ray Finkle
01-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Not another ****ing Cutler thread....let it go....

Gutless Drunk
01-21-2011, 10:55 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/E5Lec3m1pLY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

SoCalBronco
01-21-2011, 11:00 AM
The sound you hear is goalposts constantly being moved back. Here are the facts: 1) We're 4-12. 2) Cutler is in the NFC Title Game.

BroncosMT
01-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Not another ****ing Cutler thread....let it go....

This

orangemonkey
Funny how you conveniently left out this part of the article. Now, that is some funny ****.

"Bears fans can take consolation in the fact I’ve been wrong often this season. The team has surprised me at almost every step, and it might surprise me again Sunday. But I don’t think so."

Yeah, I can see why the McD nuthuggers are latching on to this guy's words. Too funny.

CEH
This game will not change my mind on whether I think the trade was in the best interests of the Denver Broncos. Now maybe if Cutler retires after the season and never plays again I might have to change my mind and agree with the Anti Cutler crowd.

Even if Tebow goes on to become an All Pro I don't believe the way you build a football team is to trade talent and then use the aquired pick to replace the same positition

SoCalBronco
01-21-2011, 11:04 AM
BTW I'm glad you guys are admitting that you are now bound by Woody or Kiszla's opinions going forward because that's exactly what you are doing here...."see....see...the writers in his own city don't like him, so therefore its true that he sucks".

Archer81
01-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Funny how you conveniently left out this part of the article. Now, that is some funny ****.

"Bears fans can take consolation in the fact Iíve been wrong often this season. The team has surprised me at almost every step, and it might surprise me again Sunday. But I donít think so."

Yeah, I can see why the McD nuthuggers are latching on to this guy's words. Too funny.

Aww. What is funny is that you believe a Bears win somehow validates your opinion. If you believe McDaniels was wrong, that should be good enough. For the people who don't care Cutler is gone, they will continue to not care.

Which reminds me. Any luck finding my posts where I bashed the team?

baja
01-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Can someone please why you must be a McD "nuthugger" if you think Cutler is not a good quarterback?

Inkana7
01-21-2011, 11:05 AM
BTW I'm glad you guys are admitting that you are now bound by Woody or Kiszla's opinions going forward because that's exactly what you are doing here...."see....see...the writers in his own city don't like him, so therefore its true that he sucks".

True. Sportswriters have no perspective on the team they cover. At all.

orangemonkey
01-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Aww. What is funny is that you believe a Bears win somehow validates your opinion. If you believe McDaniels was wrong, that should be good enough. For the people who don't care Cutler is gone, they will continue to not care.

Which reminds me. Any luck finding my posts where I bashed the team?

If you don't care, why do keep posting in threads like this? Right.

I don't need to waste any more heartbeats on you. You continue to support McD's decisions.

Ray Finkle
01-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Here is my feeling on Cutler threads that he is no longer a Bronco (from the time he was traded until now)....

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jb0AK6Jng4E" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

orangemonkey
01-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Here is my feeling on Cutler threads that he is no longer a Bronco (from the time he was traded until now)....

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jb0AK6Jng4E" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

LOL. That is some funny ****.

Inkana7
01-21-2011, 11:11 AM
If you don't care, why do keep posting in threads like this? Right.

I don't need to waste any more heartbeats on you. You continue to support McD's decisions.

What's wrong with supporting McDaniels' decisions? The team really sucked with him but its not like the guy didn't make one singular good move. You think the Broncos would be in the playoffs if we had Cutler? Please.

orangemonkey
01-21-2011, 11:16 AM
What's wrong with supporting McDaniels' decisions? The team really sucked with him but its not like the guy didn't make one singular good move. You think the Broncos would be in the playoffs if we had Cutler? Please.

It's highly likely that the Denver Broncos would not be 4-12 and in worst shape in franchise history if Cutler was kept and the emphasis was put on defense. That said, I have a renewed sense of excitement now that a true Bronco in Elway is at the helm and the Cheatriot fungus has taken a demotion in St. Louie.

baja
01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
It's highly likely that the Denver Broncos would not be 4-12 and in worst shape in franchise history if Cutler was kept and the emphasis was put on defense. That said, I have a renewed sense of excitement now that a true Bronco in Elway is at the helm and the Cheatriot fungus has taken a demotion in St. Louie.

If you think the Broncos are in the worse shape in franchise history you don't know franchise history.

Gcver2ver3
01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
what say you Taco?...

Taco John
01-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Leading his team to a lopsided win over the Seattle Seahawks in a divisional playoff game was not a defining moment in Jay Cutlerís as-yet-undefined career ó no matter how many wrote or said otherwise.

Beating the worst playoff team in history at home is not how legends are forged.

All Cutler proved last week was that a mid-sized moment wasnít too big for him. Itís going to take a stronger statement for people to quit viewing him as a more fleet-of-foot version of Rex Grossman. Itís going to take a win over the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday at Soldier Field for Cutler to begin to earn the respect every quarterback craves.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/3394881-419/cutler-game-ball-bears-quarterback.html

I know what to expect out of Rodgers. I donít know what Iíll get from Jay Cutler. Even in the Bearsí playoff victory over Seattle ó one of Cutlerís best games of the season ó there were two, maybe three passes the Seahawks could have picked off. Could have, but didnít. Will Cutler be so careless and lucky against the Packers?

Youíll often hear quarterbacks say theyíre playing against the opposing defense, not the opposing quarterback. But this is as close to a cage match of two QBs as youíre going to get. Rodgers the wise, skilled operator vs. Cutler the physically gifted, mercurial question mark.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/3412561-419/bears-packers-rodgers-cutler-season.html

I think this is a fair article.

orangemonkey
01-21-2011, 11:36 AM
If you think the Broncos are in the worse shape in franchise history you don't know franchise history.

Ok Baja. I guess Karl Mecklenburg and Floyd Little "don't know franchise history" either, eh?

When the entire Josh McDaniels era, on and off the field, is put into context, it's not a stretch to argue that if they're not the worst team in franchise history, today's Broncos team has gone lower than any previous lowest point.
"It has," said former star linebacker Karl Mecklenburg, who played on three Super Bowl teams, as well as one 5-11 clunker in 1990. "You look at what's gone on, and it's spiraled downhill. And it continues to spiral downhill."

If the Broncos are among the worst in this 32-team era of parity, doesn't that make them among the worst in franchise history?
"You look at the facilities and the equipment and the opportunities these guys have now ó this team had a helluva lot more advantages than we had," said Hall of Fame running back Floyd Little, who joined a putrid team in 1967 out of Syracuse.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16880374?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+dp-sports+(Denver+Post:+Sports)

Garcia Bronco
01-21-2011, 11:37 AM
He was 50 percent on his passes up by 21

Taco John
01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
what say you Taco?...

I think it's going to take a complete team effort for Chicago to beat Green Bay this week. Personally, I think Green Bay is going to win the game.

I just don't buy the idea that the only reason the Bears are in the playoffs is because of the defense, like so many want to say. There are several games this season against quality, playoff opponents where Cutler carried the team. He's capable of that. He doesn't do it every week. He's also capable of having really bad games. But his good games outweigh his bad games, and the fact is that we're watching the Bears in a championship game this weekend, when all the people bagging on him now for not being good enough have been telling us all along that he'd sink to the bottom in Chicago.

Taco John
01-21-2011, 11:40 AM

When was a worse time in franchise history? Like the 60's? When they were a brand new team? 1971 when Lou Saban got fired?

Our entire defense is a huge question mark right now at every single position. Our offensive line is a huge question mark. Our runningbacks - a huge question mark. Our quarterback - a huge question mark.

This is not a team in good shape. I don't think it's a ridiculous stretch to say that John Fox is inheriting one of the worst Broncos situations in franchise history. The true saving grace is that we play in the AFC West.

_Oro_
01-21-2011, 11:42 AM
I still think Cutler is more like Favre than anyone else. He may very well win a super bowl but he's going to lose some playoff games throwing stupid picks too.

Hopefully someday he'll be losing to Tebow in the superbowl.

jhns
01-21-2011, 11:44 AM
This is by far the worst year in the franchises NFL history. Not once has this team ever had the first or second overall pick in the NFL draft. Don't let the facts get in your way though.

Has this team ever had 12 losses in a season before? I'm pretty sure the answer is no but I can't look it up right now.

55CrushEm
01-21-2011, 11:47 AM
The sound you hear is goalposts constantly being moved back. Here are the facts: 1) We're 4-12. 2) Cutler is in the NFC Title Game.

Yeah, yeah.......and Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer both "won" Superbowls (not their defenses, right?)......so they must be better than Marino, Fouts, et.al.

:hitself:

maven
01-21-2011, 11:51 AM
I was a HUGE Cutler fan. But, it's been two football seasons and the excitement for him is over. I'm to the point where I don't really care if he wins a super bowl or he's "not a winner" anymore. Whether he leads them over the Pack. Green Bay & Chicago? Like I give a ****.

I look at the Denver roster and I see nothing but **** everywhere. It's going to be boring and long before this team does anything.

Kaylore
01-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I think it's going to take a complete team effort for Chicago to beat Green Bay this week. Personally, I think Green Bay is going to win the game.

I just don't buy the idea that the only reason the Bears are in the playoffs is because of the defense, like so many want to say. There are several games this season against quality, playoff opponents where Cutler carried the team. He's capable of that. He doesn't do it every week. He's also capable of having really bad games. But his good games outweigh his bad games, and the fact is that we're watching the Bears in a championship game this weekend, when all the people bagging on him now for not being good enough have been telling us all along that he'd sink to the bottom in Chicago.

Sorry, I disagree. He has the number three scoring defense in the NFL, number 9 overall, the number 1 ST unit in the NFL statistically. The Bears offense was ranked 30th, and when you consider that they had 21st best rushing offense this year, and then see they tied for third overall for most interceptions, it's quickly clear Jay Cutler didn't carry crap for the Bears, they carried him. They got all their points of turnovers and short fields. And this doesn't take into the fact that he's still one of the most fumble-prone QB's in the league, leading in that stat yet again.

The Bears played the worst road team in the playoffs who had a record of 2-7 and by all accounts had no right being there. I'm very curious to see how Cutler plays against a team that just blew up a 13-3 Atlanta team in their own house, where Ryan has lost I think two games at home in his career. Especially considering the Packers know Cutler like the back of their hand. Better hope it isn't cold too, Cutler has a 66 passer rating in very cold games with any kind of precipitation too.

jhns
01-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah, yeah.......and Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer both "won" Superbowls (not their defenses, right?)......so they must be better than Marino, Fouts, et.al.

:hitself:

Ummm, did you really just compare Chicagos defense to a couple of the greatest defenses of all time?

LOL

The anti Cutler crowd continues to show that they have nothing.

strafen
01-21-2011, 11:57 AM
I think this is a fair article.By the same token, that bad Seattle team is the one that knocked the SB Champions Saints out of the play-offs, no?
Just saying...

orangemonkey
01-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Sorry, I disagree. He has the number three scoring defense in the NFL, number 9 overall, the number 1 ST unit in the NFL statistically. The Bears offense was ranked 30th, and when you consider that they had 21st best rushing offense this year, and then see they tied for third overall for most interceptions, it's quickly clear Jay Cutler didn't carry crap for the Bears, they carried him. They got all their points of turnovers and short fields. And this doesn't take into the fact that he's still one of the most fumble-prone QB's in the league, leading in that stat yet again.

The Bears played the worst road team in the playoffs who had a record of 2-7 and by all accounts had no right being there. I'm very curious to see how Cutler plays against a team that just blew up a 13-3 Atlanta team in their own house, where Ryan has lost I think two games at home in his career. Especially considering the Packers know Cutler like the back of their hand. Better hope it isn't cold too, Cutler has a 66 passer rating in very cold games with any kind of precipitation too.

And it really boils down to this. If Cutler elevates his game against Rodgers and the Packers very good defense, his naysayers will go away. If he folds badly, his rep of a mistake prone loose cannon continues. I like his chances this weekend based on his outstanding play after the bye. Jay controls his destiny, however, and he has the tools to beat the Packers.

Bears 24, Packers 21.

BroncosMT
01-21-2011, 12:02 PM
And it really boils down to this. If Cutler elevates his game against Rodgers and the Packers very good defense, his naysayers will go away. If he folds badly, his rep of a mistake prone loose cannon continues. I like his chances this weekend based on his outstanding play after the bye. Jay controls his destiny, however, and he has the tools to beat the Packers.

Bears 24, Packers 21.

I agree he controls his destiny....but here were some pretty poorly thrown balls against a regularly good d would have been picked.....he needs to be in control....if not it could get ugly

OABB
01-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Farve jr. Is going to let the cannon loose!

I expect no less than 6 turnovers from pancake face.

orangemonkey
01-21-2011, 12:09 PM
I agree he controls his destiny....but here were some pretty poorly thrown balls against a regularly good d would have been picked.....he needs to be in control....if not it could get ugly

I totally agree. He plays like Brett Farvre in that respect. Taking those chances is something he had to do in the SEC to compete and win. But he's made vast improvements over the last year. Mike Martz agrees with you too but he also believes Jay can continue to improve and be great.

Do you think Rogers or the Packers D think they are going up against Dilfer or Johnson? Hell no. They know that Jay can make low percentage plays that burn defenses.

Bottom line is that Rogers and Cutler have one playoff win a piece and play with two outstanding defenses. Bears have better ST's, but Packers have an elite set of receivers. This really is an epic matchup.

Taco John
01-21-2011, 12:12 PM

That's all fine and good, but if the Bears lose only these two games, they're sitting at home during the playoffs, and it's the NY Giants in the post season instead of the Bears:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010122600/2010/REG16/jets@bears
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010112804/2010/REG12/eagles@bears

If you want to make the argument that the Bears defense carried that team the first half of the season, you'd be right. But the second half of the season, the Bears offense was clicking, and Cutler was making a lot more good decisions than bad decisions.

I think Cutler still has room to grow, but I think it's inaccurate to paint a picture that says the Bears defense is the only reason they are in the NFC Championship game. Inaccurate is not the right word. Totally wrong is a better descriptor. Cutler and the Bears defense picked eachother up when they needed to. The Bears are a good team.

Gcver2ver3
01-21-2011, 12:13 PM

fair enough...that makes sense...

jhns
01-21-2011, 12:16 PM
What I find funny is that some posters here thing they know QB play better that Shanahan, Elway, Bowlen, and McDaniels. Every single one of these guys has come out and said Cutler is a good QB. Shanahan said he doesn't have a personality flaw. Elway and Shanahan said it was a mistake for this organization to give him away. Chicago paid a ton to get him. Multiple other teams offered lots of resources to get him.

I think we should listen to the message board kids though.

Inkana7
01-21-2011, 12:24 PM
That's all fine and good, but if the Bears lose only these two games, they're sitting at home during the playoffs, and it's the NY Giants in the post season instead of the Bears:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010122600/2010/REG16/jets@bears
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010112804/2010/REG12/eagles@bears

If you want to make the argument that the Bears defense carried that team the first half of the season, you'd be right. But the second half of the season, the Bears offense was clicking, and Cutler was making a lot more good decisions than bad decisions.

I think Cutler still has room to grow, but I think it's inaccurate to paint a picture that says the Bears defense is the only reason they are in the NFC Championship game. Inaccurate is not the right word. Totally wrong is a better descriptor. Cutler and the Bears defense picked eachother up when they needed to. The Bears are a good team.

Like I said in the other thread, Jay did NOT carry the team against the Eagles. The defense allowed a grand total of 13 points going into the 4th quarter.

Taco John
01-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Like I said in the other thread, Jay did NOT carry the team against the Eagles. The defense allowed a grand total of 13 points going into the 4th quarter.

I don't know if you've been watching the Eagles this year or not - apparently not - but the 4th quarter counts when you're playing that team. It's probably the most important quarter.

Also, did you happen to notice that Cutler put up 4 TDs that game, 3 of them in the first half? He completely took the Eagles game plan away from them. How can you seriously downplay 4 TDs in a game?

55CrushEm
01-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Ummm, did you really just compare Chicagos defense to a couple of the greatest defenses of all time?

LOL

The anti Cutler crowd continues to show that they have nothing.

Nope, I did no such comparison. I'm just illustrating the point that below average QB's have "won" postseason games riding the strength of the team, which is the defense......exactly what Cutler is doing. I did not compare defenses. Jesus, you harp on people about their reading comprehension......perhaps you should brush up on yours, no?

LOL

And the pro Cutler crowd continues to honestly believes that Cutler, NOT the defense, is the strength of the Chicago Bears ??? Perhaps you have nothing......just sayin'.

Btw, has Cutler actually AUTOGRAPHED your Chicago Bears Snuggie?

jhns
01-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Nope, I did no such comparison. I'm just illustrating the point that below average QB's have "won" postseason games riding the strength of the team, which is the defense......exactly what Cutler is doing. I did not compare defenses. Jesus, you harp on people about their reading comprehension......perhaps you should brush up on yours, no?

LOL

And the pro Cutler crowd continues to honestly believes that Cutler, NOT the defense, is the strength of the Chicago Bears ??? Perhaps you have nothing......just sayin'.

Btw, has Cutler actually AUTOGRAPHED your Chicago Bears Snuggie?

If you aren't comparing them, then what does it have to do with the conversation? Cutler is just riding the defense as he scores 4 TDs in his playoff win? Interesting take.

Cutler is a strength of the Bears. Without his great play the last half of the season, they aren't where they are. Without all of his 4th quarter comebacks, they aren't where they are. The fact is, Chicago has a complete team. They have a good offense, defense, and special teams. Just like most teams that make it this far. The one thing that makes the anti Cutler argument funny is that him and Forte are the offense...

Taco John
01-21-2011, 12:44 PM
And the pro Cutler crowd continues to honestly believes that Cutler, NOT the defense, is the strength of the Chicago Bears ???

I don't think that anyone has said that...

OABB
01-21-2011, 12:46 PM
Here's an article on cutler from the onion:

i think it is hilarious, and actually the moat honest article out there.

http://mobile.theonion.com/articles/jay-cutler-proves-naysayers-wrong-by-defeating-shi,18898/

55CrushEm
01-21-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't think that anyone has said that...

Really? Check jhns posts........

And you haven't noticed that when anyone posts ANYTHING derogatory about Cutler, even if it is true......such as the inconsistent play, the fumbles, etc.....jhns and a few others aren't quick to jump all over them as Cutler haters?

TonyR
01-21-2011, 12:49 PM

I "conveniently" left it out because if I included it I wouldn't have gotten a reaction out of you and therefore would have missed out on the free entertainment. You getting all defensive and butt hurt about an article in the Chicago press which really isn't all that incendiary? That's what's funny. Do you think maybe you're taking this, and yourself, a wee bit too seriously? Just maybe?

jhns
01-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Really? Check jhns posts........

And you haven't noticed that when anyone posts ANYTHING derogatory about Cutler, even if it is true......such as the inconsistent play, the fumbles, etc.....jhns and a few others aren't quick to jump all over them as Cutler haters?

Actually, I don't think of you as Cutler haters. I think of you as McDaniels fans that couldn't think for yourselves when the trade happened. Now you have spent two years hating on him and defending McDaniels moves. It is just too hard for most to admit that they were completely wrong for such a long period. I just don't understand why anyone would feel that it is smart to still defend McDaniels moves. Elway just laughed at all of you and your opinions.

orangemonkey
01-21-2011, 12:57 PM
I "conveniently" left it out because if I included it I wouldn't have gotten a reaction out of you and therefore would have missed out on the free entertainment. You getting all defensive and butt hurt about an article in the Chicago press which really isn't all that incendiary? That's what's funny. Do you think maybe you're taking this, and yourself, a wee bit too seriously? Just maybe?

I would way serious is the exact opposite of how I'm taking this. That's why I laughed at you and the article.

ColoradoDarin
01-21-2011, 01:06 PM

http://mobile.theonion.com/articles/jay-cutler-proves-naysayers-wrong-by-defeating-shi,18898/

:rofl:

Cutler will play his first postseason game against an opponent with a winning record Sunday.

55CrushEm
01-21-2011, 01:09 PM
If you aren't comparing them, then what does it have to do with the conversation? Cutler is just riding the defense as he scores 4 TDs in his playoff win? Interesting take.

Cutler is a strength of the Bears. Without his great play the last half of the season, they aren't where they are. Without all of his 4th quarter comebacks, they aren't where they are. The fact is, Chicago has a complete team. They have a good offense, defense, and special teams. Just like most teams that make it this far. The one thing that makes the anti Cutler argument funny is that him and Forte are the offense...

As I said.....I wasn't comparing the Bucs ro Ravens defense to this year's Bears defense....which is WHAT YOU ASKED, mockingly. And now you're suggesting that I SHOULD be comparing the defenses, otherwise "what does it have to do with the conversation?" It DOESN'T.

Damn, man........

Again, the only comparison was people (erroneously) giving too much credit to QB's for "winning" playoff games, when in fact, the defense deserves most of the credit......nothing more, nothing less.

I apologize for offending your sensitivities over your unbridled love and admiration for the one, the only, Jay Cutler.

jhns
01-21-2011, 01:12 PM
As I said.....I wasn't comparing the Bucs ro Ravens defense to this year's Bears defense....which is WHAT YOU ASKED, mockingly. And now you're suggesting that I SHOULD be comparing the defenses, otherwise "what does it have to do with the conversation?" It DOESN'T.

Damn, man........

Again, the only comparison was people (erroneously) giving too much credit to QB's for "winning" playoff games, when in fact, the defense deserves most of the credit......nothing more, nothing less.

I apologize for offending your sensitivities over your unbridled love and admiration for the one, the only, Jay Cutler.

OK, so then why does the defense deserve more credit for the playoff win? I would love to hear about Cutler not contributing as much as the defense when he had four TDs...

bendog
01-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Oh Lord, you guys are still getting bent over by Culter. Let is go. Josh ****ed us with the trade. **** happens. move on.

btw, it is sort of funny for chicago papers to analyze qbs, since they really haven't had one since Luckman.

BroncosMT
01-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Oh Lord, you guys are still getting bent over by Culter. Let is go. Josh ****ed us with the trade. **** happens. move on.

btw, it is sort of funny for chicago papers to analyze qbs, since they really haven't had one since Luckman.

McMahon was pretty good if I remember correctly...before he got hurt

55CrushEm
01-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Actually, I don't think of you as Cutler haters.

Personally, I don't care a whole heck of a lot what you DO think of me. I would be curious though, for you to find a post of mine showing me as a "McDaniels lover", though.....I just wanted the guy to succeed, just like I wanted Shanny to succeed, and just like I want Fox to succeed......"lover"? Not so sure.

And for what it's worth, I DO think of you as a Cutler lover........as I said, anytime anyone points out facts about his play that criticize him, rather than commend him......you jump all over them, calling them McD lovers.....it's quite humorous really.....and everytime you do that, you only exacerbate your image/rep of swinging from his diabetic nuts.

Steve Sewell
01-21-2011, 01:21 PM

^^This in a nutshell.

2KBack
01-21-2011, 01:22 PM

McMahon wasn't bad for what he did, but he averaged like 250 passing attempts a season, sometimes are few as 150. He was a caretaker if ever there was one.

55CrushEm
01-21-2011, 01:23 PM
OK, so then why does the defense deserve more credit for the playoff win? I would love to hear about Cutler not contributing as much as the defense when he had four TDs...

Hey, if you want to get all moist between the legs about Chicago beating up on the worst team in the playoffs.....then be my guest.

Read post #37 on why Cutler doesn't deserve most of the credit for this season.

DrFate
01-21-2011, 01:26 PM

He was a very mediocre QB who had a high media profile. He was far from a bad player, but he got a lot of attention for being eccentric. The team did respond to him, though, and always played hard when he was on the field.

BroncosMT
01-21-2011, 01:27 PM
McMahon wasn't bad for what he did, but he averaged like 250 passing attempts a season, sometimes are few as 150. He was a caretaker if ever there was one.

I don't remember watching a lot of bears games....i was too into the broncos....but always thought he was manageable I guess....good point

jhns
01-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Personally, I don't care a whole heck of a lot what you DO think of me. I would be curious though, for you to find a post of mine showing me as a "McDaniels lover", though.....I just wanted the guy to succeed, just like I wanted Shanny to succeed, and just like I want Fox to succeed......"lover"? Not so sure.

And for what it's worth, I DO think of you as a Cutler lover........as I said, anytime anyone points out facts about his play that criticize him, rather than commend him......you jump all over them, calling them McD lovers.....it's quite humorous really.....and everytime you do that, you only exacerbate your image/rep of swinging from his diabetic nuts.

If you aren't a McDaniels fan then why are you still here defending his horrible moves? That seems like something a fan would do to me.

I am a Cutler lover. I even send him letters telling him that we should both dump our girls and run away together. He never responds though. I just hope the restraining order doesn't get approved.

Steve Sewell
01-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Can we just ban Cutler threads after the postseason is over? Pretty please?

jhns
01-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Hey, if you want to get all moist between the legs about Chicago beating up on the worst team in the playoffs.....then be my guest.

Read post #37 on why Cutler doesn't deserve most of the credit for this season.

You just said the defense was the reason they won the playoff game....

Who said he should get most of the credit? I say they are a complete team every time I say anything about credit. You are the one claiming Cutler doesn't do his part... I claim he does and that they wouldn't be there without him... You McDaniels fans just don't understand football. You wouldn't support McDaniels moves if you did.

BroncosMT
01-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Can we just ban Cutler threads after the postseason is over? Pretty please?

:thanku::thanku::thanku:

2KBack
01-21-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't remember watching a lot of bears games....i was too into the broncos....but always thought he was manageable I guess....good point

I think he was good enough, but Chicago has been pining for one of these golden boy franchise types for a loooong time. I personally don't think Cutler is it, but the Chicago fans I know obsess over QB's. They don't have an Elway to dream about.

tsiguy96
01-21-2011, 01:35 PM
i still think we need an "ex broncos" forum here.

Miss I.
01-21-2011, 01:35 PM
I am just curious, is it possible to not really give a **** about either one of them, Cutler or McDaniels now that they are not Broncos? Don't hate em, don't like em, just don't care? And if one posits an idea that is not entirely hateful of either one nor entirely kiss ass of one of them is it possible to avoid being labeled a lover or a hater of any of them? Is it possible to just have an objective analysis of the strengths and/or weaknesses of either person without namecalling or labeling? Just curious.

KO5K
01-21-2011, 01:38 PM
I am just curious, is it possible to not really give a **** about either one of them, Cutler or McDaniels now that they are not Broncos? Don't hate em, don't like em, just don't care? And if one posits an idea that is not entirely hateful of either one nor entirely kiss ass of one of them is it possible to avoid being labeled a lover or a hater of any of them? Is it possible to just have an objective analysis of the strengths and/or weaknesses of either person without namecalling or labeling? Just curious.

Hater.

jhns
01-21-2011, 01:39 PM

Of course you can. If you include any opinions, then no.

Requiem
01-21-2011, 01:41 PM
The Packers are going to destroy Diabetes Boy and the Bears.

baja
01-21-2011, 01:43 PM
When was a worse time in franchise history? Like the 60's? When they were a brand new team? 1971 when Lou Saban got fired?

Our entire defense is a huge question mark right now at every single position. Our offensive line is a huge question mark. Our runningbacks - a huge question mark. Our quarterback - a huge question mark.

This is not a team in good shape. I don't think it's a ridiculous stretch to say that John Fox is inheriting one of the worst Broncos situations in franchise history. The true saving grace is that we play in the AFC West.

Yes in the 60's and early 70's

As I've been saying for quite some time our bottom line problem is Pat Bowlen, he is not capable of making sound decisions and unlike Josh McDaniels he's still here. Pat made the only encouraging move he could short of selling the team by basically giving the team to John Elway. Now was this a good move? Only time will tell but so far John has picked an OK HC but has shown he has a propensity to talk too much to the media. It feels good to blame Josh McD for what went wrong but unfortunately that's not the whole story. All we can do now is hope Elway will figure it out, if not we are the new Detroit Lions.

BTW TJ save this post because I'm predicting 10 wins next season. We are not as bad personal wise as some of you guys think and I think John, in spite of his loose tongue, will learn on the job and pull this off.

Kaylore
01-21-2011, 01:44 PM

Cutler, who threw for two touchdowns against Seattle's godawful 27th-ranked defense and had a four-game interception streak snapped only because Seahawks safety Jordan Babineaux inexplicably muffed a pass thrown at the goal line.

I think it's funny there are still people here who bend over backwards to defend him. I'll give cutler his props if he beats Green Bay. That will be a feat. But beating the Seahawks at home? WE beat them at home by a larger margin.

Cutler has two problems. He never plays well two weeks in a row and he does poorly when everyone has been telling him how good he is the week before. Let's see how this week goes.

Royalfan19
01-21-2011, 01:48 PM
The Chicago media and the Bear's fan base in general is the most self-loathing in the NFL. They want Lovie Smith fired, and some even think he's the worst coach in the NFL, this is a guy who been one of the winningest coaches in the NFL over the last 6 years, has multiple playoff appearances and has been to two NFC championship games and a Superbowl. Its like they've forgotten that they were absolutely nothing before Lovie Smith. Cutler is easily the most talented and best QB they will ever have playing in that **** stadium, seriously.

tsiguy96
01-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Yes in the 60's and early 70's

As I've been saying for quite some time our bottom line problem is Pat Bowlen, he is not capable of making sound decisions and unlike Josh McDaniels he's still here. Pat made the only encouraging move he could short of selling the team by basically giving the team to John Elway. Now was this a good move? Only time will tell but so far John has picked an OK HC but has shown he has a propensity to talk too much to the media. It feels good to blame Josh McD for what went wrong but unfortunately that's not the whole story. All we can do now is hope Elway will figure it out, if not we are the new Detroit Lions.

BTW TJ save this post because I'm predicting 10 wins next season. We are not as bad personal wise as some of you guys think and I think John, in spite of his loose tongue, will learn on the job and pull this off.

what has he said to the media that is bad? i think you dig way too much into pat bowlen with no real evidence taht hes such a terrible owner, when most people who actually know him would say otherwise. hed do anything for this team to win, thats an understatement.

Taco John
01-21-2011, 01:51 PM

And I thought I was optimistic.

You've got us winning two more than I do. I think we'll get 8.

Miss I.
01-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Of course you can. If you include any opinions, then no.

how do you differentiate between an objective observation and an opinion? Granted there are some obvious predicators, such as "I think" (which really is funny given some of the things posted" or "I feel," but even statistics provided can simply be "interpreted." Everything starts with an opinion. A hypothesis is really only a fancier version of an opinion. What establishes it as anything more is the supporting evidence provided.

But I am not suggesting people not have opinions anyway. Opinions are like assholes, there are a lot of them on this board, oh wait, um we all have one thats it.

Just simply put I can value Jay's talents, not like his occasional pouts, his interceptions, without loving or hating him. I can value McDaniels abilties with grooming QBs, and yet also appreciate he made incredibly arrogant, and poor personnel decisions without being a lover or a hater.

bendog
01-21-2011, 01:53 PM

I think it's funny there are still people here who bend over backwards to defend him. I'll give cutler his props if he beats Green Bay. That will be a feat. But beating the Seahawks at home? WE beat them at home by a larger margin.

Cutler has two problems. He never plays well two weeks in a row and he does poorly when everyone has been telling him how good he is the week before. Let's see how this week goes.

yeah, I'm sure glad "josh' traded him.

jhns
01-21-2011, 01:57 PM
how do you differentiate between an objective observation and an opinion? Granted there are some obvious predicators, such as "I think" (which really is funny given some of the things posted" or "I feel," but even statistics provided can simply be "interpreted." Everything starts with an opinion. A hypothesis is really only a fancier version of an opinion. What establishes it as anything more is the supporting evidence provided.

But I am not suggesting people not have opinions anyway. Opinions are like a-holes, there are a lot of them on this board, oh wait, um we all have one thats it.

Just simply put I can value Jay's talents, not like his occasional pouts, his interceptions, without loving or hating him. I can value McDaniels abilties with grooming QBs, and yet also appreciate he made incredibly arrogant, and poor personnel decisions without being a lover or a hater.

Good point about the opinions. I don't know. I guess you won't be able to on Bronco fan forums when it comes to certain subjects. This is the most polarized I have ever seen this fan base.

Miss I.
01-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Good point about the opinions. I don't know. I guess you won't be able to on Bronco fan forums when it comes to certain subjects. This is the most polarized I have ever seen this fan base.

Probably so, but I remember so much nasty talk about Jake Plummer when I moved to CO. I moved here just as we got blown out by the Steelers and the amount of bile I heard everytime I went into a sportsbar about him was pretty disturbing. I even remember a few websites that went as far as to say he was a loser because he cried when Pat Tillman died, saying all sorts of things about him being a gay loser all sorts of stuff. It was vile. And of course everyone seemed to want him gone. Jake is not a great QB, he made a lot of mistakes, but he I didn't hate him. I thought he did a good job, just wasn't able to win the big games unfortunately.

DrFate
01-21-2011, 02:04 PM
I am just curious, is it possible to not really give a **** about either one of them, Cutler or McDaniels .

It boils down to this - a lot of posters on this board (I won't name them) defended their opinion on the original McDaniels/Cutler saga to such an extent, I think they feel their 'board cred' is on the line.

You have people STILL who want to defend McDaniels, his moves, etc. They do it indirectly by attacking Cutler. If the Bears lose, this board is going to be flooded by people who say 'SEE SEE, McDaniels was right!! Cutler is a ***** and a frowncannon!!!' It won't matter if Cutler throws for 900 yards and 10 TDs and has no turnovers against GB. They'll bring up his diabetes and his 'attitude' problems and continue to stoke the fire that McDaniels was the right side to choose.

If the Bears win, those same people will do everything they can to diminish Cutler's performance, say he rode a good defense and a good return game, etc. They'll ignore the terrible offensive line, the lack of WR options, etc. When Orton was winning with that recipe in Chicago, he was 'a winner'. When Cutler does it, he's trash.

It alls boils down to digging a hole so deep you can't get out of. They want to continue to try to prove they were 'right' even though the debate is over, settled, done - and both parties are elsewhere.

tsiguy96
01-21-2011, 02:06 PM
It boils down to this - a lot of posters on this board (I won't name them) defended their opinion on the original McDaniels/Cutler saga to such an extent, I think they feel their 'board cred' is on the line.

You have people STILL who want to defend McDaniels, his moves, etc. They do it indirectly by attacking Cutler. If the Bears lose, this board is going to be flooded by people who say 'SEE SEE, McDaniels was right!! Cutler is a ***** and a frowncannon!!!' It won't matter if Cutler throws for 900 yards and 10 TDs and has no turnovers against GB. They'll bring up his diabetes and his 'attitude' problems and continue to stoke the fire that McDaniels was the right side to choose.

If the Bears win, those same people will do everything they can to diminish Cutler's performance, say he rode a good defense and a good return game, etc. They'll ignore the terrible offensive line, the lack of WR options, etc. When Orton was winning with that recipe in Chicago, he was 'a winner'. When Cutler does it, he's trash.

It alls boils down to digging a hole so deep you can't get out of. They want to continue to try to prove they were 'right' even though the debate is over, settled, done - and both parties are elsewhere.

you did exactly what you are calling everyone out for doing, sticking to one side of your argument and talking **** about everyone else for being on the other. both of your scenarios are "pro cutler, anti mcdaniels" view points, which is stupid because neither of them are broncos anymore, maybe you need to get over it as much as anyone else.

bendog
01-21-2011, 02:08 PM

Word. I've never heard of a board with so many people still bitching about a guy traded away two years ago. The amusing thing is that if the trade had worked out, they wouldn't be bitching about the guy. The entire world of football knows Den got jammed up with this because McD couldn't draft for crap. Posters here are down to Tebow > Cutler.

enjolras
01-21-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm still amazed at how any of the sixes here that still love that moping douche-knocker that plays QB in Chicago.

God I hope someone puts him out of the game in the first 3 minutes.

~Crash~
01-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Go Bears

Kaylore
01-21-2011, 02:13 PM

Once again, why does it have to be about McDaniels? McDaniels failed as a coach. He cheated, got caught and didn't even win cheating. He sucked. He made a slew of poor decisions on personnel and in other areas.

None of that changes whether Cutler does well or does poorly this weekend. And McDaniels being a poor GM doesn't make him wrong in the Cutler Vs McD scenario, nor does it make Cutler less of an aloof, mopey douche bag.

Cutler playing bad won't make McDaniels a good personnel guy or good head coach anymore than Cutler winning will make Cutler less of a douche bag.

~Crash~
I'm still amazed at how any of the sixes here that still love that moping douche-knocker that plays QB in Chicago.

You do get that type of talk wishes plagues on our team right ?

So here it goes I wish him the best because yes he is such a team guy.

_Oro_
Word. I've never heard of a board with so many people still b****ing about a guy traded away two years ago. The amusing thing is that if the trade had worked out, they wouldn't be b****ing about the guy. The entire world of football knows Den got jammed up with this because McD couldn't draft for crap. Posters here are down to Tebow > Cutler.

We should stop b****ing about Cutler and go back to b****ing about the new catwoman.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSiEoF0LZajDDp83CK6dh1Ju1UEAn8ta kYtmxAdiUBOIUpCIgS5LA&t=1

DrFate
01-21-2011, 02:17 PM
you did exactly what you are calling everyone out for doing, sticking to one side of your argument and talking **** about everyone else for being on the other.

I give you credit for actually realizing it, tsiguy. There are 2 important differences.

1) Cutler is 1 game from the Super Bowl, McDaniels was fired. FIRED. Midseason. Canned. His ass shown the door. The debate ended with a clear outcome.

2) I don't wish any ill on McDaniels or his new team. He's with the Rams, but I don't root against the Rams because of this. I don't wish for their team plane to crash or for McDaniels to acquire some unpleasant disease. I fully expect McDaniels to fail there because he is a miserable little Napolean. But I simply don't care that much. The Sect of McDaniels is constantly doing everything they can to diminsh any accomplishments of Cutler, and in some peverse way try to reclaim part of that old debate.

I can't think of a single person who has been a vocal McDaniels critic who has started a thread saying '****, I hope the Rams SUCK next year'.

They don't care. I don't care. But I don't believe the reverse can be said - the member of the Sect have voodoo dolls of Cutler. Get over it.

DrFate
01-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks, enjolras, for so succinctly proving my point.

jhns
01-21-2011, 02:20 PM
The amusing thing is that if the trade had worked out, they wouldn't be b****ing about the guy.

This is reality.

It's ok though. The guy currently in charge of the team just said it was a mistake. He just laughed at all of the McDaniels fans.

bronclvr
01-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Alright, Cutler's a p***y-there I said it. I tried to watch the Game last Sunday, but everytime I see him I want to punch him. There's just something about that smug, idiot, "I don't care" attitude on his face that grates me the wrong way.

The Packers were my favorite Team when I first started watching Football (at about the age of 6)-I finally wiffed a clue and became a Bronco's Fan when I was about 10 (and the Bronco's sucked when I was that age)-anyway, this weekend I'm a Packer Fan again, so GO PACKERS! Stuff that pouty, classless, INT throwing, son of a Charmin's Commercial!

Seriously though, I just want to see him on his back, oh, about twenty times with Ryan Pickett, B.J. Raji or Howard Green (maybe all three-that's 1017 pounds of meat) sitting on him farting in this face-ok, I'm better now-:flower:

bendog
01-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Once again, why does it have to be about McDaniels? McDaniels failed as a coach. He cheated, got caught and didn't even win cheating. He sucked. He made a slew of poor decisions on personnel and in other areas.

None of that changes whether Cutler does well or does poorly this weekend. And McDaniels being a poor GM doesn't make him wrong in the Cutler Vs McD scenario, nor does it make Cutler less of an aloof, mopey douche bag.

Cutler playing bad won't make McDaniels a good personnel guy or good head coach anymore than Cutler winning will make Cutler less of a douche bag.

Because look who starts the threads. It's the guys who washed McD's jock. THEY have their CRED at stake. Cutler must suck. Why the **** do they even care about Cutler? McD jammed this team up with two drafts. That's a gift that keeps giving. You have Elway saying there are maybe two guys on the defense that could have started in 97. Cutler can win or lose, play great or suck, but none of that has any impact of Denver fans ... except for them to gnash their teeth that they defended McD for two years. It's pathetic

DrFate
01-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Once again, why does it have to be about McDaniels? McDaniels failed as a coach.

Because it's the same people on this board. Those who will go to their graves thinking McDaniels was a unabashed genius are the SAME PEOPLE who constantly bring up Cutler, and constantly want to diminish anything positive he does. Cutler isn't a top 5 QB, as some on this board have claimed. (he'd have to supplant Brady, Manning, River, Brees, and Rodgers to be in that club, and he hasn't). The people who are constantly starting Cutler threads are the same people who still want to try to prove they were 'right' about McDaniels.

EDIT: or read what bendog wrote, he said it better than I did. :thumbsup:

He cheated, got caught and didn't even win cheating. He sucked. He made a slew of poor decisions on personnel and in other areas.

True, true, true, true, true, and true

Kaylore
01-21-2011, 02:30 PM
I see your points now. I guess these factions will be around some time then. Oh well. I stopped caring about the Bears winning when we weren't getting their first round pick anymore. I do have interest in Cutler, but no more so than Aaron Rogers or whoever else. I suppose my personal dislike for him makes me enjoy his failing more than others. But not more than Big Ben or Rivers. I probably hate Rivers the most. Oh well.

colonelbeef
01-21-2011, 02:30 PM

Exactly.

As though Cutler winning his division and a playoff game is some sort of victory for the team that just went 4-12 and fired the coach who traded him :ouwknow:

DrFate
01-21-2011, 02:34 PM
But not more than Big Ben or Rivers. I probably hate Rivers the most. Oh well.

I root against Rapistburger the most - for obvious reasons.

Odysseus
01-21-2011, 02:38 PM
I was just thinking, how come we never discuss cutler very much here? And than this beauty of a thread popped up.

So..... What is everyone's opinion onthe man? Do we like the trade? Did we get good compensation?

Discuss.

DA BEARS!

The only players I don't like on the Broncos team have been BRONCOS players that failed the team. The Maurice Clarett types that bring nothing. The endless string of busts on defense and pancake eating pricks that we paid money for nothing. The draft pick that you would not recognize in the Wal-Mart even if he wore his jersey. Hate? Naw. I like good karma.

Former Broncos? Why hate them if the succeed? How does that better the Broncos? They stepped in a pile of dog doo. It's supposed to stink.

Gort
01-21-2011, 02:38 PM

no, it's not possible.

using JHNS logic,

a) if you don't love Cutler, then you are a McD lover
b) if you are a McD lover, then nothing you post is valid

see how that works? it's the online equivalent of JHNS putting his hands over his ears, humming la-la-la-la-la, and saying out loud "i can't hear you" whenever anything remotely critical of Frown Cannon is posted.

jhns
01-21-2011, 02:41 PM

This should be put in place of the videos at the top of the forum.

bendog
01-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I see your points now. I guess these factions will be around some time then. Oh well. I stopped caring about the Bears winning when we weren't getting their first round pick anymore. I do have interest in Cutler, but no more so than Aaron Rogers or whoever else. I suppose my personal dislike for him makes me enjoy his failing more than others. But not more than Big Ben or Rivers. I probably hate Rivers the most. Oh well.

Fair enough. I don't really have any dislike for Cutler. He hasn't raped anyone or killed dogs so far as I know. Cutler hates the press and doesn't want to be the face of the franchise. Years ago, guys made tons more from endorsements and off the field stuff. Now we get guys like Rivers who really have no interest in being seen as "nice." Even Plummer was more than happy to give everyone the finger, literally, and drive off in his Element with the money.

55CrushEm
01-21-2011, 03:07 PM
You just said the defense was the reason they won the playoff game....

Who said he should get most of the credit? I say they are a complete team every time I say anything about credit. You are the one claiming Cutler doesn't do his part... I claim he does and that they wouldn't be there without him... You McDaniels fans just don't understand football. You wouldn't support McDaniels moves if you did.

No.....I don't believe I said the defense was the reason that the Bears won the playoff game. I don't think I said anything specific to the playoff game at all. I did say that the strength of the Bears is their defense. Is it not?

You can relax.....I don't think I've ever said that Cutler doesn't have good games. Of course, he does. ALL QB's have good games. I just don't think he's an elite QB. Could he be? I don't know. I think he's got to be more consistent. Cutler could just as easily throw up 5 INT's on Suday as he could 5 TD's. We all know he's a high risk, high reward guy.

And where our big difference lies is this.....I don't give a **** that he's not on our team anymore......he pouts. He doesn't inspire teammates. You act like a jilted lover.

Cuter has physical tools.......but his intangibles, from leadership to decision making, have HUGE question marks, if they don't outright stink.

Blueflame
01-21-2011, 03:18 PM
no, it's not possible.

using JHNS logic,

see how that works? it's the online equivalent of JHNS putting his hands over his ears, humming la-la-la-la-la, and saying out loud "i can't hear you" whenever anything remotely critical of Frown Cannon is posted.

What's been noted is that the posters who have started most of the anti-Cutler threads (Cutler's harshest critics here on the Mane) also just "happen" to be the same ones who posted the most-fervent arguments in support of McDaniels.

Miss I made a very valid point... why do we even care about either McDaniels or Cutler now that they no longer are affiliated with the Broncos? It just doesn't matter.

As far as this weekend goes... there is no ignominy in losing to a team that is playing the game of football at as high a level as the remaining 4 teams. Here's to a fun weekend of quality playoff football and may the best teams win. :thumbsup:

~Crash~
01-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Alright, Cutler's a p***y-there I said it. I tried to watch the Game last Sunday, but everytime I see him I want to punch him. There's just something about that smug, idiot, "I don't care" attitude on his face that grates me the wrong way.

The Packers were my favorite Team when I first started watching Football (at about the age of 6)-I finally wiffed a clue and became a Bronco's Fan when I was about 10 (and the Bronco's sucked when I was that age)-anyway, this weekend I'm a Packer Fan again, so GO PACKERS! Stuff that pouty, classless, INT throwing, son of a Charmin's Commercial!

Seriously though, I just want to see him on his back, oh, about twenty times with Ryan Pickett, B.J. Raji or Howard Green (maybe all three-that's 1017 pounds of meat) sitting on him farting in this face-ok, I'm better now-:flower:

I sure hope you don't have a kid that looks or acts like Cutler....

tsiguy96
01-21-2011, 03:20 PM
can we please have an "ex broncos" forum? please?

~Crash~
01-21-2011, 03:31 PM

that sounds great and any post that wishs any players harm could we put them into the butt

~Crash~
01-21-2011, 03:31 PM
bad carma

bronclvr
01-21-2011, 03:33 PM

Isn't that called the Raider's Forum? :twokisses

Hogan11
01-21-2011, 03:35 PM

That'd be nice, wouldn't it?

jhns
01-21-2011, 03:40 PM

This doesn't jive with your last post. So you aren't saying that you made that comparison because the Bears defense deserves most of the credit for the playoff win? I guess we are back to square one. What exactly does that comparison have to do with this thread?

enjolras
01-21-2011, 03:40 PM
Fair enough. I don't really have any dislike for Cutler. He hasn't raped anyone or killed dogs so far as I know. Cutler hates the press and doesn't want to be the face of the franchise. Years ago, guys made tons more from endorsements and off the field stuff. Now we get guys like Rivers who really have no interest in being seen as "nice." Even Plummer was more than happy to give everyone the finger, literally, and drive off in his Element with the money.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/07/cutler-on-fans-denvers-on-like-a-6-and-chicagos-like-a-9/

ďItís a lot [different]. Denverís like a 6
and Chicagoís like a 9. Itís a quite bit different. Just the fans and
how passionate they are, thatís probably the biggest difference.Ē

That's all I need. That mopey, frosted tip, douchebag has most definitely earned my hate.

jhns
01-21-2011, 03:47 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/07/cutler-on-fans-denvers-on-like-a-6-and-chicagos-like-a-9/

That's all I need. That mopey, frosted tip, douchebag has most definitely earned my hate.

Awww, did big mean QB hurt yo poe whittle feewings?

Atwater His Ass
01-21-2011, 03:48 PM
I like that Jay doesn't give a **** what people think about him. I like how he treats the media like crap. I also like how he does a lot of things to support the local community and doesn't care if you know about it or not.

It's funny how many people like to judge him based on how he looks or how an outsider who doesn't know anything, perceives his attitude. It's like you're all a bunch of jaded girlfriends.

It's also funny watching the fans of a 4-12 horrible horrible horrible Bronco team trying to bag on a guy playing in the NFCCG and downplaying that achievement. Like having the #2 pick in the draft is some sort victory to be celebrated. Pathetic.

Blueflame
01-21-2011, 03:54 PM
This doesn't jive with your last post. So you aren't saying that you made that comparison because the Bears defense deserves most of the credit for the playoff win? I guess we are back to square one. What exactly does that comparison have to do with this thread?

Football's a team sport... generally the team that wins is the one that makes the fewest mistakes... on offense, defense, and special teams. It isn't a newsflash that teams that make the playoffs usually have pretty decent defenses.

Miss I.
01-21-2011, 03:58 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/tumblr_l2kxe3VPXH1qzmowao1_500.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5331)

Inkana7
01-21-2011, 04:11 PM
ugh this thread

enjolras
01-21-2011, 04:21 PM
I just don't get it. The guys turns his back on the city and the franchise. He throws a GIANT hissy fit, stamps his feet, and generally acts like a child until he gets his way. He then proceeds to completely trash this city and it's team.

And yet like half the board think he's a great guy?

HE'S A FRICKING JACKA**. Seriously, this guy did everything he could to wreck this franchise, but then throws the city of Denver under the bus and like a bunch of battered spouses you're sitting here defending him?

I seriously can't believe I'm reading this. This CHILD is so respectable that we're openly rooting for him?

Take away the Broncos and Denver even. If he did the same thing to Jacksonville I'd hate him even then. Spoiled brats don't deserve to have goods things happen to them.

Christ.. I'm just raging as I type this. This guy should be public enemy #1 around here. He antagonized us. He did his best to damage the thing we're all supposedly here to support. Yet we're supposed to root for this sub-human douche?

I for one, will not. There is one, and only one, player in the league I wish a career ending injury on. God needs to make an example out of him.

TheReverend
01-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I just don't get it. The guys turns his back on the city and the franchise. He throws a GIANT hissy fit, stamps his feet, and generally acts like a child until he gets his way. He then proceeds to completely trash this city and it's team.

HE'S A FRICKING JACKA**. Seriously, this guy did everything he could to wreck this franchise, but then throws the city of Denver under the bus and like a bunch of battered spouses you're sitting here defending him?

I seriously can't believe I'm reading this. This CHILD is so respectable that we're openly rooting for him?

Take away the Broncos and Denver even. If he did the same thing to Jacksonville I'd hate him even then. Spoiled brats don't deserve to have goods things happen to them.

Christ.. I'm just raging as I type this. This guy should be public enemy #1 around here. He antagonized us. He did his best to damage the thing we're all supposedly here to support. Yet we're supposed to root for this sub-human douche?

I for one, will not. There is one, and only one, player in the league I wish a career ending injury on. God needs to make an example out of him.

Omg, anyone else notice this post is spot on about Josh McDaniels?

I mean... SPOT ****ING ON.

Miss I.
01-21-2011, 04:31 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/19/spidercat.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4911)

Tombstone RJ
01-21-2011, 04:33 PM

I think the peeps who are "defending" Cutler are doing it more to point out how bad McD was, rather than how great Cutler is. Basically, if you like Cutler you don't like McD and if you defend McD then you don't like Cutler... it's the twisted reality of many posters on the OMane.

Really it's just best to walk away from threads like this because there is no right opinion on the matter. Cutler is one game away from being in the SB and for some reason some posters here think that if Cutler was still with the Broncos, everything would be ok in Bronco land. "McD destroyed this franchise!!!" is the Cutler supporters motto when in fact, the front office is to blame for the current state of the Broncos and McD just happens to be the biggest scape goat.

Oh well, par for the course...

Miss I.
01-21-2011, 04:35 PM
ok, taking some advice, no more mediating...this time I brought fire power. ;D

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/fireeu1.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1775)

TheReverend
01-21-2011, 04:36 PM
I think the peeps who are "defending" Cutler are doing it more to point out how bad McD was, rather than how great Cutler is. Basically, if you like Cutler you don't like McD and if you defend McD then you don't like Cutler... it's the twisted reality of many posters on the OMane.

Really it's just best to walk away from threads like this because there is no right opinion on the matter. Cutler is one game away from being in the SB and for some reason some posters here think that if Cutler was still with the Broncos, everything would be ok in Bronco land. "McD destroyed this franchise!!!" is the Cutler supporters motto when in fact, the front office is to blame for the current state of the Broncos and McD just happens to be the biggest scape goat.

Oh well, par for the course...

what...?

HAT
01-21-2011, 04:40 PM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93431

:thumbs:

Tombstone RJ
01-21-2011, 04:40 PM
what...?

what?

Hamrob
01-21-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm a Jay Cutler fan. I think he's immensely talented and gets an unfair rap for being stand-offish.

I can't stand McD...he made this team worse in two years than we were before he came aboard...despite all the extra picks.

That being said, we got fair trade value in return. I will root for Jay to do well. I hope they win this weekend...but, it will be a challenge...because the Packers are very good and Rogers is playing amazing football right now.

But, I'm over Cutler as a Broncos Player...and I'm stoked about Tim Tebow and can't wait to see him improve next year!

Blueflame
01-21-2011, 05:52 PM

He's paid to throw a football. Who cares if he's a jerk or has personality issues? He's most assuredly not the only... nor the highest profile... professional athlete who is rumored to have that type of "people skills" (or lack thereof) And he isn't a Bronco anymore so I don't care a whit. If his attitude or choices get him into trouble, it's another franchise's headache.

Interesting though that you hate him more than other professional athletes who have been alleged to have committed rape or even murder.

For the sake of your blood pressure, you should perhaps avoid the "Cutler threads".... since he sparks such a visceral reaction in you.

TonyR
01-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Because look who starts the threads... ...It's pathetic

What I love is people like this who complain about these awful threads but continue to not only read them but also post in them. Weird, huh?

baja
01-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm a Jay Cutler fan. I think he's immensely talented and gets an unfair rap for being stand-offish.

I can't stand McD...he made this team worse in two years than we were before he came aboard...despite all the extra picks.

That being said, we got fair trade value in return. I will root for Jay to do well. I hope they win this weekend...but, it will be a challenge...because the Packers are very good and Rogers is playing amazing football right now.

But, I'm over Cutler as a Broncos Player...and I'm stoked about Tim Tebow and can't wait to see him improve next year!

Wouldn't it be fine if more posters could follow this progression of reasoning?

TonyR
01-21-2011, 06:07 PM
The people who are constantly starting Cutler threads are the same people who still want to try to prove they were 'right' about McDaniels.

Just for the record, I started this thread and I'm not trying to prove I was "right" about McD. I rooted for, supported, and defended the guy but I think I'm just as aware as anyone that he sucked. So be careful with your generalizations.

Hogan11
01-21-2011, 06:08 PM
It took a good three to four years before the Portis threads finally disappeared.....so hopefully the Cutler threads won't be around too much longer

Odysseus
01-21-2011, 09:38 PM
He's paid to throw a football. Who cares if he's a jerk or has personality issues? He's most assuredly not the only... nor the highest profile... professional athlete who is rumored to have that type of "people skills" (or lack thereof) And he isn't a Bronco anymore so I don't care a whit. If his attitude or choices get him into trouble, it's another franchise's headache.

Interesting though that you hate him more than other professional athletes who have been alleged to have committed rape or even murder.

For the sake of your blood pressure, you should perhaps avoid the "Cutler threads".... since he sparks such a visceral reaction in you.

We hated Brian Griese because he was not Elway.

We hated Plummer because despite his spark he was not an elite quarterback and he was not Elway.

We love Tebow because he's better than Tebow and invented cold fusion, world peace, and if he was in a fight with Superman with prison rules Tebow would kick his ass!

We hate Cutler because our front office could not figure out how to bridge gaps in communications so now he's in the playoffs with an NFC team doing basically the same thing he did here only now he's better or worst and we hate him because we are supposed to hate him?

Fans are insane. Why would anyone want to talk to fans?

Orange&BlueMohawk
01-22-2011, 01:39 AM
I just hate Cutler's face. It makes me want to punch a old woman.

The MVPlaya
01-22-2011, 02:47 AM
People here value Cutler more than Chicago's papers do.

Including yours truly, John Elway.

Odysseus
01-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Wouldn't it be fine if more posters could follow this progression of reasoning?

Cutler is a form of NFL Capitalism oppressing the masses with his indifference and disappointment with our inept coach! It is his fault McD failed! Cutler should return and honor us with apologies, ass kissing, Cadillacs, and free beer! He represents the Imperialist interests of Roger Goodell and the world domination main stream agenda of beer manufacturers and food vendors who honor us with plastic trinkets with there logos!

Um. I understand this kind of hate. I just thought that sports was about sports.

How about the Portis for Bailey trade? Did we win?

Odysseus
01-22-2011, 05:27 AM
I just hate Cutler's face. It makes me want to punch a old woman.

Old women? Like Halle Berry old? Rachel Welch old? Betty White old? :giggle:

strafen
01-22-2011, 07:56 AM

Really it's just best to walk away from threads like this because there is no right opinion on the matter. Cutler is one game away from being in the SB and for some reason some posters here think that if Cutler was still with the Broncos, everything would be ok in Bronco land. "McD destroyed this franchise!!!" is the Cutler supporters motto when in fact, the front office is to blame for the current state of the Broncos and McD just happens to be the biggest scape goat. Oh well, par for the course...

You're full of **** man.
Who are you trying to sell that crap to?
Do you really believe what you typed there?
Mcdaniels the scapegoat?
Scapegoat of what?
You make as much sense as somebody standing inside a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle...
Blaming the FO for the current state of the Broncos?
Explain that one for me, would ya'?!

McDaniels destroyed this franchised?
You bet he did. We're going into this season not only to fix the things (defense) that McDaniels should've fixed but all the ****-ups he crated.
This is a fully rebuild process from coaches on down to players...

Cito Pelon
01-22-2011, 08:18 AM

Actually, it's a pretty fair argument to say that, but add in ST's also.

Not to take anything away from Jay, he's played pretty well since the bye week, been throwing some nice TD's and keeping the mistakes down, been finding the open guy, been keeping plays and drives alive with his legs.

misturanderson
01-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Actually, it's a pretty fair argument to say that, but add in ST's also.

Not to take anything away from Jay, he's played pretty well since the bye week, been throwing some nice TD's and keeping the mistakes down, been finding the open guy, been keeping plays and drives alive with his legs.

I'll just repost this from the other thread, proves your point:

I think getting Urlacher back from injury and signing Peppers has had FAR more to do with the bears' new found success than Cutler.

I would say that the statistics back me up. 19th ranked scoring O in 2009 to 21st ranked in 2010 (though a 0.5 PPG increase, still worse than the 2010 Broncos though) vs. 21st ranked scoring D in 2009 to 4th in 2010 (5.5 PPG decrease).

Hmmm...I wonder why the bears' went from a 7-9 team to the NFC championship game in one year. Couldn't be Cutler because all he did this year was throw fewer picks. Though he essentially made up for it by losing way more fumbles, he still improved his TD:TO ratio to (very slightly) greater than 1 though. Impressive.

orangemonkey
01-22-2011, 09:56 AM
I'll just repost this from the other thread, proves your point:

I think getting Urlacher back from injury and signing Peppers has had FAR more to do with the bears' new found success than Cutler.

I would say that the statistics back me up. 19th ranked scoring O in 2009 to 21st ranked in 2010 (though a 0.5 PPG increase, still worse than the 2010 Broncos though) vs. 21st ranked scoring D in 2009 to 4th in 2010 (5.5 PPG decrease).

Hmmm...I wonder why the bears' went from a 7-9 team to the NFC championship game in one year. Couldn't be Cutler because all he did this year was throw fewer picks. Though he essentially made up for it by losing way more fumbles, he still improved his TD:TO ratio to (very slightly) greater than 1 though. Impressive.

This is just garbage. Check out this research Adam Schefter pulled together. Basically, Cutler has been one of the best quarterbacks since the bye. I would say that along with good defensive play and great ST's is what propelled the Bears to the playoffs.

4. Cutler rates high: The Bears' Cutler is questioned for some of the throws he makes. But over the past seven games, few quarterbacks have been hotter. Cutler's average passer rating over the past seven games is 94.5 -- and that's with a 43.5 rating in the regular-season finale at Green Bay and a 32.9 rating in the snow against New England. In each of the other five games during that seven-game stretch, during which he has thrown 13 touchdown passes and six interceptions, Cutler had a passer rating of at least 104.2. The Packers have kept Cutler in check this season and might again Sunday. [U]But few players as scrutinized as Cutler this season have been this good.

Cito Pelon
01-22-2011, 10:31 AM
This is just garbage. Check out this research Adam Schefter pulled together. Basically, Cutler has been one of the best quarterbacks since the bye. I would say that along with good defensive play and great ST's is what propelled the Bears to the playoffs.

4. Cutler rates high: The Bears' Cutler is questioned for some of the throws he makes. But over the past seven games, few quarterbacks have been hotter. Cutler's average passer rating over the past seven games is 94.5 -- and that's with a 43.5 rating in the regular-season finale at Green Bay and a 32.9 rating in the snow against New England. In each of the other five games during that seven-game stretch, during which he has thrown 13 touchdown passes and six interceptions, Cutler had a passer rating of at least 104.2. The Packers have kept Cutler in check this season and might again Sunday. [U]But few players as scrutinized as Cutler this season have been this good.

"SINCE THE BYE" is the key. Also the Bears running game has picked up since the bye week. The first seven games the Bears rushing attack was less than 80 yards 5 games, less than 70 yds 4 times.

After the bye the Bears have been consistently over 100 yds per game. Just look at the stats.

They stopped playing a Martz-type fling it all over the place passing game and certainly went more conservative. More RB screens, using the infamous bubble screens, picking their deep strikes less often.

CHI may be the worst team this week of the final four, but I think they have a good chance playing at home in a cold, windy environment. Job one for both the Bears and Packers is run and stop the run, make the short passing game work, take your strikes downfield and hit them, play good ST's. Same as it always is.

orangemonkey
01-22-2011, 11:07 AM
"SINCE THE BYE" is the key. Also the Bears running game has picked up since the bye week. The first seven games the Bears rushing attack was less than 80 yards 5 games, less than 70 yds 4 times.

After the bye the Bears have been consistently over 100 yds per game. Just look at the stats.

They stopped playing a Martz-type fling it all over the place passing game and certainly went more conservative. More RB screens, using the infamous bubble screens, picking their deep strikes less often.

CHI may be the worst team this week of the final four, but I think they have a good chance playing at home in a cold, windy environment. Job one for both the Bears and Packers is run and stop the run, make the short passing game work, take your strikes downfield and hit them, play good ST's. Same as it always is.

On average, Green Bay has had similar rushing production since the bye. Pitt and Jets have had better. But let's go ahead and say rushing is a common denominator for all teams. How does that water down Shefter's assertion that Cutler has been one of the hottest QB's since the bye? I know - next we'll hear about field position, quality of the turf, color of the jersey's, fan support, quality of the air, Jay's having more sex with his girlfriend, Jay's diabetes medicine, turns out, is a performance enhancing drug, etc.

Cito Pelon
01-22-2011, 11:18 AM
On average, Green Bay has had similar rushing production since the bye. Pitt and Jets have had better. But let's go ahead and say rushing is a common denominator for all teams. How does that water down Shefter's assertion that Cutler has been one of the hottest QB's since the bye? I know - next we'll hear about field position, quality of the turf, color of the jersey's, fan support, quality of the air, Jay's having more sex with his girlfriend, Jay's diabetes medicine, turns out, is a performance enhancing drug, etc.

It doesn't.

You do bring up an interesting point that Jay seeings how he has injection marks from the insulin he can mask injecting PED's. And has there been studies about how insulin masks PED's? J/K, carry on.

orangemonkey
01-22-2011, 11:20 AM
It doesn't.

You do bring up an interesting point that Jay seeings how he has injection marks from the insulin he can mask injecting PED's. And has there been studies about how insulin masks PED's? J/K, carry on.

;-) Fair enough.

TonyR
01-22-2011, 11:23 AM
How does that water down Shefter's assertion that Cutler has been one of the hottest QB's since the bye?

Yep, he kept that 30th ranked offense humming along!

DivineBronco
01-22-2011, 11:44 AM

CEH
01-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Yep, he kept that 30th ranked offense humming along!

Anyone know how to rank the offenses and defenses from week 8 on?

Would you rather be playing well in Sept or December

What you need is a weighted average as the 1st four weeks or 1/4 of the season is really irrelevant to how a team is playing in the last four weeks heading into the playoffs.

The MVPlaya
01-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Anyone know how to rank the offenses and defenses from week 8 on?

Would you rather be playing good in Sept or December

that probably wouldn't be accurate, considering Cutler missed 1 game and 2 quarters during the 1st half of the season.

But you do have a point, Cutler had strong performances in the 2nd half of the season, along with poor ones against Packers and NE.

You also can't discount strength of opponents either...

TheReverend
01-22-2011, 12:47 PM
It doesn't.

lolwat

TheReverend
01-22-2011, 12:48 PM
that probably wouldn't be accurate, considering Cutler missed 1 game and 2 quarters during the 1st half of the season.

But you do have a point, Cutler had strong performances in the 2nd half of the season, along with poor ones against Packers and NE.

You also can't discount strength of opponents either...

They played 4 playoff teams in the second half and a much harder schedule than the first half as a whole.

ColoradoDarin
01-22-2011, 01:08 PM
lolwat

You should read the whole post again, I think you missed the "J/K, carry on" part...

Orange&BlueMohawk
01-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Old women? Like Halle Berry old? Rachel Welch old? Betty White old? :giggle:

Old enough. But not young and lame enough to get all butthurt and start to pout, like when rumors of trade come up.

The MVPlaya
01-23-2011, 03:05 AM
They played 4 playoff teams in the second half and a much harder schedule than the first half as a whole.

Why did you duck me in the other thread? You said Orton had more fumbles lost than cutler, and I asked you to clarify because this past season, Cutler had more fumbles lost than Orton... on less drop backs.

tsiguy96
01-23-2011, 03:45 AM

whats funny is there is multiple NFL QBs who finished the season with a higher average, but he gets credit for doing it for half a season...
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&experience=null&d-447263-n=1&season=2010&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=0&d-447263-p=1

6, to be exact. 5/6 made the playoffs, 2 of them are still in it.

TheReverend
01-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Why did you duck me in the other thread? You said Orton had more fumbles lost than cutler, and I asked you to clarify because this past season, Cutler had more fumbles lost than Orton... on less drop backs.

Because you couldn't read or comprehend what was posted and talking to you gets more and more pointless by the day?

baja
01-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Because you couldn't read or comprehend what was posted and talking to you gets more and more pointless by the day?

Translation; I am the smartest person in the room and I can barely tolerate the rest of you

frerottenextelway
01-23-2011, 09:58 AM
Orton is probably a better golfer than Cutler with all the practice he's getting in now.

oubronco
01-23-2011, 10:01 AM
It's mindboggling the hate for Cutler around here (i know he pouted on his way out) but to me the hate should be towards McD he's the one who jettisoned Cutler and led to him leaving and if you can't see the kid has alot of talent and is a good QB. JMO

Popps
01-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Jay has a chance to be the next Rex Grossman if he can win today.

Fingers crossed. :)

Hulamau
01-23-2011, 10:15 AM

Agree here Kaylore, I watched all but two Chicago games this year and Cutler was better than last year no doubt .. his OC last year was beyond incompetent ... but this Chicago team is in the championship for one and only one reason .. the combined strength of their Defense/ST .... It's highly doubtful whether Cutler would have done any better on our team this year than Orton did overall ... save perhaps for the last three Orton games where he pretty much shiat the bed due in large part to his unreported injury and lack of mobility.

Maybe Jay gets lucky and makes it to the SB .. ,maybe even wins it, but if so it will likely be far more on that D and ST with Cutler just not screwing the pooch and making a few timely plays that at least compensate for his inevitable mistakes.

oubronco
01-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Will all the haters admit their failure if Cutler wins the Superbowl and is MVP?

WolfpackGuy
01-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Will all the haters admit their failure if Cutler wins the Superbowl and is MVP?

Nah, they're not haters.

They're just overlooking what really happened and are projecting their anger over how much that trade *ucked the team over.

HAT
01-23-2011, 10:48 AM
It's mindboggling the hate for Cutler around here (i know he pouted on his way out) but to me the hate should be towards McD he's the one who jettisoned Cutler and led to him leaving

You didn't see this morning's Klis column?

"On Jan. 12, 2009, the day that McDaniels was officially announced as the Broncos' head coach, Cutler called the front office and demanded a trade, according to three NFL sources....."

Read more: Klis: The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_17170363#ixzz1BsjLIefv
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

tsiguy96
01-23-2011, 10:55 AM
It's mindboggling the hate for Cutler around here (i know he pouted on his way out) but to me the hate should be towards McD he's the one who jettisoned Cutler and led to him leaving and if you can't see the kid has alot of talent and is a good QB. JMO

you say its mindblogging the hate for him, but in the same sentence admit he pouted his way out of town. is it that hard of a connection to make?

orangemonkey
01-23-2011, 10:56 AM

"On Jan. 12, 2009, the day that McDaniels was officially announced as the Broncos' head coach, Cutler called the front office and demanded a trade, according to three NFL sources....."

Read more: Klis: The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_17170363#ixzz1BsjLIefv
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Wow, if this is true, the Vandy alum is a lot smarter than people give him credit. It took the first live interview with McD for me to predict he would be a loser.

Gort
01-23-2011, 10:59 AM
you say its mindblogging the hate for him, but in the same sentence admit he pouted his way out of town. is it that hard of a connection to make?

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/11/18/sports/football/19cutler/blogSpan.jpg

CEH
01-23-2011, 12:54 PM

Nice timing there Broncos PR Machine. Way to keep this a secret for the last 2 years only to leak something on the day Cutler may go to the Super Bowl (I think GB wins however). They must be worried the outcome of today's game might effect season ticket sales or just doing damage control after Elway said what he said on Friday

TonyR
01-23-2011, 02:08 PM

This might be thread worthy.

TonyR
01-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Can't wait to see what the Chicago papers have to say about this loser tomorrow!!!

MplsBronco
01-23-2011, 03:47 PM

Can he do all of that from the SIDELINE?

bombay
01-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Can't wait to see what the Chicago papers have to say about this loser tomorrow!!!

He's actually helping his team.

TonyR
01-23-2011, 05:17 PM

LOL Yup, he's real MVP material. Gutty performance today.

BroncoDoug
01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Just backed up all the reasons I don't like him. He was playing like dog crap, then took himself out of the game

Dedhed
01-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Will you admit that he's a mediocre QB who was carried by the Bears' defense?

But sure, the day Cutler wins a Super Bowl and is the MVP I'll call him a good QB.

But I'm going to guess that I'm pretty safe from ever having to offer up that admission.

~Crash~
01-23-2011, 10:14 PM

Next season you have now jinks tebow you do get that right ?:wave:

\And when you did this it should of been sent straight to the butt..

Archer81
01-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Next season you have now jinks tebow you do get that right ?:wave:

\And when you did this it should of been sent straight to the butt..

You realize you have now jinxed Tebow, right? :wave:

Fixed it.