PDA

View Full Version : Broncos owner Bowlen to fans: You deserve more!

baja
01-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Broncos owner Bowlen to fans: You deserve more

Posted Jan. 19, 2011 @ 10:24 a.m. ET
By PFW staff
In a letter to Broncos season ticket holders, owner Pat Bowlen told fans that last season was the most difficult year in his 27-year tenure with the team.

"You deserve more from this franchise than what we saw in 2010, and you have my word that<b> I will restore the culture of winning, trust and integrity within the Broncos," Bowlen wrote in the letter, according to the Associated Press. "There is a Bronco Way that exists, and it entails success on the field, honoring tradition and maintaining the highest level of character."</b>

The Broncos missed the playoffs for the fourth consecutive season last year, the most since the franchise's first appearance in 1977.

Off the field, the team had to deal with issues stemming from the team taping 49ers practices in London prior to their game against San Francisco, as well as multiple player arrests; including ILB D.J. Williams, who was the captain of the defense.

The team has since fired head coach Josh McDaniels, brought in John Elway as their new executive vice president of football operations and hired former Panthers sideline boss John Fox as their new head coach.

PRBronco
01-20-2011, 04:22 PM
We deserve more...pass rush? Yes please!

gunns
01-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Aint that the truth! It's called DEFENSE!

baja
01-20-2011, 04:27 PM
It's looking more and more like the major reason Josh is gone is SpyGate II. Remember when Pat came out and gave him a vote of confidence only to retract it the next day. We all thought that that was strange but what if new information came to light about Josh's involvement after the first statement by Pat.

CEH
01-20-2011, 04:27 PM

By PFW staff
In a letter to Broncos season ticket holders, owner Pat Bowlen told fans that last season was the most difficult year in his 27-year tenure with the team.

"You deserve more from this franchise than what we saw in 2010, and you have my word that<b> I will restore the culture of winning, trust and integrity within the Broncos," Bowlen wrote in the letter, according to the Associated Press. "There is a Bronco Way that exists, and it entails success on the field, honoring tradition and maintaining the highest level of character."</b>

The Broncos missed the playoffs for the fourth consecutive season last year, the most since the franchise's first appearance in 1977.

Off the field, the team had to deal with issues stemming from the team taping 49ers practices in London prior to their game against San Francisco, as well as multiple player arrests; including ILB D.J. Williams, who was the captain of the defense.

The team has since fired head coach Josh McDaniels, brought in John Elway as their new executive vice president of football operations and hired former Panthers sideline boss John Fox as their new head coach.

Translation: Please please pretty please renew your season tickets

TailgateNut
01-20-2011, 04:35 PM

:yayaya:..................Rah Rah Rah!!!!!

orinjkrush
01-20-2011, 04:41 PM
as far as owners go, am glad to see he's making a serious effort.

gutless drunk and all.

strafen
01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
It's looking more and more like the major reason Josh is gone is SpyGate II. Remember when Pat came out and gave him a vote of confidence only to retract it the next day. We all thought that that was strange but what if new information came to light about Josh's involvement after the first statement by Pat.
Keep saying that, you'll eventually end up believing it...
It may have been the last stroke, but not the major reason...

The state of this franchise is a state of shambles. It's got nothing to do with Spygate II.
It's about how Josh Mcdaniels in record time destroying one of the proudest franchises in all football.

Read what Mr. Bowlen is saying...
Restoring a winning culture!
Trust and loyalty
Restoring to the highest level of character.
That tells you pretty much what Mr. Bowlen thinks of Mcdaniels

last season was the most difficult year in his 27-year tenure with the team.< McDaniels

"You deserve more from this franchise than what we saw in 2010, and you have my word that I will restore the culture of winning, trust and integrity within the Broncos," Bowlen wrote in the letter, according to the Associated Press. "There is a Bronco Way that exists, and it entails success on the field, honoring tradition and maintaining the highest level of character."^ nuff said

baja
01-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Keep saying that, you'll eventually end up believing it...

The state of this franchise is a state of shambles. It's got nothing to do with Spygate II.
It's about how Josh Mcdaniels in record time destroyed one of the proudest franchises in all football.

Read what Mr. Bowlen is saying...
Restoring a winning culture!
Trust and loyalty
Restoring to the highest level of character.
That tells you pretty much what Mr. Bowlen thinks of Mcdaniels

< McDaniels

^ nuff said

So much just passes through your ears you must have a constant whistling sound in your head.

frerottenextelway
01-20-2011, 05:11 PM
If we were 12-4 instead of 4-12, McGate would be a dead and forgotten issue.

It was probably the icing on the cake, but the cake was that the guy never considered himself a Bronco, was a bad coach, traded away popular talent for jacksh_t and was not likeable as a human being.

strafen
01-20-2011, 05:12 PM
So much just passes through your ears you must have a constant whistling sound in your head.
That's very profound.
You should've been a poet... :wave:

baja
01-20-2011, 05:14 PM
That's very profound.
You should've been a poet... :wave:

Actually I am - so good I'm retired in Mexico living the good life. ;D

gunns
01-20-2011, 05:37 PM

I've never doubted this. I think this was 1/2 the reason. The other one was the empty seats

TheProfessor
01-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Yes we deserve better... our coach just spent the last 2 seasons acting like a monkey with a gun. Unfortunately Ellis and Bowlen are not only the ones who hired the monkey, but they were the ones who gave him the loaded gun.

Thankfully, it looks like maturity and experience are now back in vogue at Dove Valley. Better late than never... I guess.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyDolFOGXQGC5PpGj0dQTQapViMI0qi TN_EgaAbYrdS5sOZJqRVQ

bpc
01-20-2011, 06:18 PM

That and he sucked ass as a person, coach, leader, and his record was an abomination. Other than that, he was peachy.

Los Broncos
01-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Hope this means fixing the defense.

Jetmeck
01-20-2011, 06:40 PM
If we were 12-4 instead of 4-12, McGate would be a dead and forgotten issue.

It was probably the icing on the cake, but the cake was that the guy never considered himself a Bronco, was a bad coach, traded away popular talent for jacksh_t and was not likeable as a human being.

Outstanding grasp of reality !

WolfpackGuy
01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Thank god he didn't mean more McClueless.

Jetmeck
01-20-2011, 06:46 PM
The other one was the empty seats

Since I am too far away to get to Denver regularly I'd like to thank the fans of Denver for showing their disgust with McDummy and the state of the once proud franchise by staying home and driving the point home that we as fans were not going to put up with this.

We are BETTER than Chef fans who kept filling Arrowhead year after year while ownership of that joke of a franchise kept putting pitiful excuses for a football team on the field.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-20-2011, 08:01 PM

Quoted For Truth.

SoCalBronco
01-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Stopped reading at Bowlen. Not interested in anything he has to say.

BroncoDoug
01-20-2011, 11:21 PM
All the Broncos need is more Cowbell!!

TailgateNut
01-20-2011, 11:41 PM

Just don't bring them in the stadium and use one, 'cause some asshole will call the "yellow jscket police" to inform you to "loose it or leave".

schaaf
01-21-2011, 01:00 AM

I have a feva, and the only medication is ....mo cowbell!

The MVPlaya
01-21-2011, 01:16 AM
"There is a Bronco Way that exists, and it entails success on the field, honoring tradition and maintaining the highest level of character."</b>

Really? It's been missing for 90%+ percent of the last decade.

We've been ripped off.

55CrushEm
01-21-2011, 06:53 AM

By PFW staff

"You deserve more from this franchise than what we saw in 2010, and you have my word that I will restore the culture of winning, trust and integrity within the Broncos," Bowlen wrote in the letter, according to the Associated Press. "There is a Bronco Way that exists, and it entails success on the field, honoring tradition and maintaining the highest level of character."

Ummmm....FIFTH consecutive year.....the FIFTH ****ing year we've missed the ****ing playoffs.....and it ****ing sucks.

Kaylore
01-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Ummmm....FIFTH consecutive year.....the FIFTH ****ing year we've missed the ****ing playoffs.....and it ****ing sucks.

Yeah we really are irrelevant.

TailgateNut
01-21-2011, 07:05 AM
Really? It's been missing for 90%+ percent of the last decade.

We've been ripped off.

I'd rather get to know a long time Lion fan than to waste a minute of my life with ilk like you. Jumped on the wagon after the Super Bowl and are as fairwaeather as the come.

baja
01-21-2011, 07:05 AM
So how many times do you think we will be a nationally televised game this season?

BroncsRule
01-21-2011, 08:01 AM
So how many times do you think we will be a nationally televised game this season?

Well, we play the Pats, Jets & Packers next year - so that's 3 chances.

Popps
01-21-2011, 09:00 AM
We've deserved more for 10 years or so. Not sure why we're getting an apology letter now.

Pat tried something and it didn't work out, or at least didn't work out as quickly as we all would have liked. No need for an apology... just go out and build a real defense.

My hint? Don't start by drafting a CB #2 overall....

HAT
01-21-2011, 09:17 AM
so how many times do you think we will be a nationally televised game this season?

Mile High Shack
01-21-2011, 09:20 AM

more than this year, mostly b/c of Tebow

Inkana7
01-21-2011, 11:07 AM

The Tebow Factor ensures us at least one.

SoCalBronco
01-21-2011, 11:11 AM
We do deserve better....better ownership. Unfortunately, that's not going to change because Kaiser has the right to match any offer and they (rightly) don't want to give him an opening so we're stuck with the old man.

Sucks.

bendog
01-21-2011, 02:04 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/01/21/2011-01-21_college_student_files_suit_for_18m_after_he_say s_las_vegas_hooker_didnt_spend_en.html

Odysseus
01-21-2011, 02:15 PM

Exactly.

Why doesn't Bowlen lower ticket prices or parking prices?

Beantown Bronco
01-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Then, by definition, that means that Pat would be hiding something rather big from the league. How does that go along with his "I will restore the culture of....trust and integrity.......and maintaining the highest level of character" if he himself is hiding stuff from the league and obstructing their investigation?

baja
01-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Then, by definition, that means that Pat would be hiding something rather big from the league. How does that go along with his "I will restore the culture of....trust and integrity.......and maintaining the highest level of character" if he himself is hiding stuff from the league and obstructing their investigation?

Maybe the league does know and for the sake of the league itself they are keeping quiet.

Beantown Bronco
01-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Maybe the league does know and for the sake of the league itself they are keeping quiet.

Again....trust and integrity. And this new program of transparency they promised. That would mean it's all a lie.

And if they were really worried about doing things for the "sake of the league," there's this little thing called the CBA that pokes a pretty big hole in that theory.

baja
01-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Again....trust and integrity. And this new program of transparency they promised. That would mean it's all a lie.

And if they were really worried about doing things for the "sake of the league," there's this little thing called the CBA that pokes a pretty big hole in that theory.

My point is they may feel they can't afford to tell the truth on this. What is the Program of transparency all about anyway? Selling tickets. These two stories are really about the same thing, protecting the golden goose.

As for the CBA, that's different. That's about who gets the eggs. It's always the fight over the eggs that ends up killing the goose that laid them.

Mogulseeker
01-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I have a feva, and the only medication is ....mo cowbell!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/q4royOLtvmQ" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

I like this one though:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xy5JwYOlgvY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

footstepsfrom#27
01-21-2011, 09:07 PM
We deserve more...but will we get it? It kind of irks me that Pat seems to only now be distancing from McDaniels fiasco. Pat, you signed off on every more made by this guy!