PDA

View Full Version : Tom Jackson... WTF?

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/01/20/tom-jacksons-curious-explanation-of-his-jets-pats-pick/

By now, many of you have heard about the explanation offered by ESPN’s Tom Jackson in defending his prediction that the Patriots would beat the Jets on Sunday.

For those of you who haven’t, here’s the background.

Jackson picked the Pats to win the game. After the Jets won, linebacker Bart Scott came unhinged during an interview with ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio, specifically calling out Jackson and ESPN’s Keyshawn Johnson for predicting that the Jets would lose.

Jackson explained his decision as a social experiment or sorts.

“I played a bit of a psychological game with the Jets,” Jackson said, via Yahoo! Sports. “It’s something that I need to explain. I thought that more important to the Jets than hearing another score of ’24-21, they have a chance to win,’ was that it was important that they have in their mind, ‘You got beat 45 to 3. A large segment of the population believes that can happen to you again.’

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Tom-Jackson-insists-he-picked-Pats-because-it-d-?urn=nfl-309643

Tom Jackson wasn't alone in picking the New York Jets to lose to the New England Patriots on Sunday. Oddsmakers installed the Pats as 9.5-point favorites and nearly everyone on the morning pregame shows was predicting Tom Brady(notes) and company would advance to the AFC championship.
But in his postgame interview with ESPN, Jets linebacker Bart Scott(notes) singled out Jackson, who picked the Pats to win 30-10, as someone the team proved wrong. One day later, the ESPN analyst took to the radio to defend his pick, insisting that he only predicted New England would win big because it'd motivate the Jets. "It was done pre-meditated," he told "Mike and Mike in the Morning."
Uh, all right.

bronco militia
01-20-2011, 08:17 AM
LOL at Florio...who the **** cares?!?!

bronco militia
01-20-2011, 08:19 AM
oh, and this is just more proof Florio loves to hate on the Broncos

TonyR
01-20-2011, 08:31 AM
oh, and this is just more proof Florio loves to hate on the Broncos

Why do people keep saying this? Every fan base thinks the same thing, and it's just as wrong among other fan bases as it is among the Denver fan base. He gets hits to his web site by stirring up controversies. He does it with every team.

Chris
01-20-2011, 08:54 AM
I couldn't care less about sports media

or anyone involved with it

even if they're former Broncos.

Dedhed
01-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Sounds like Tommy might be a little scared of Mr. Scott.

schaaf
01-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Bart Scott is a douche

McDman
01-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Why do people keep saying this? Every fan base thinks the same thing, and it's just as wrong among other fan bases as it is among the Denver fan base. He gets hits to his web site by stirring up controversies. He does it with every team.

Haha, I thought the exact same thing. If we had one good thing to talk about in the last five years he probably would have mentioned it.

BroncoLifer
01-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Sounds like Tommy might be a little scared of Mr. Scott.

You must not have seen TJ play for the Broncos.

Dedhed
01-20-2011, 10:14 AM
You must not have seen TJ play for the Broncos.There might be a little difference between that TJ and today's TJ, you know, from a physical standpoint.

BroncoLifer
01-20-2011, 10:17 AM
There might be a little difference between that TJ and today's TJ, you know, from a physical standpoint.

TJ's body may be weak but I'll wager that his spirit is still willing.

Dedhed
01-20-2011, 10:21 AM
TJ's body may be weak but I'll wager that his spirit is still willing.

I'd wager that Bart Scott would snap the 59 year old TJ in half if it came to blows.

NhocCuteGirlz
01-20-2011, 10:21 AM
images/smilies/lolup.gif at Florio...who the **** cares?!?!

vancejohnson82
01-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Bart Scott is a totally classless loser....i hope the Jets get smoked this weekend

they couldn't stop a nosebleed...thats great stuff to say in your huddle or your locker room

but this is a team that put up 45 points on you a few weeks ago....grow up

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
01-20-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't care what anybody says, Tom Jackson is the ****ing man.

Denver should bring him into the locker room every year to give a pep talk before the Raiders game.

Denver Crush
01-20-2011, 01:41 PM
You must not have seen TJ play for the Broncos.

;)

The Moops
01-21-2011, 05:11 AM
Tommy has been with ESPN since 1987 . . . this is the first time he's had to backpedal. He's a proven pro. Let's cut him some slack. Maybe he meant to do it on purpose, maybe he didn't.

Frankly, who cares . . .

mikey555
01-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Al I know is bart scott could'nt lace up Tom Jackson's cleats!!!!

Hogan11
01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Scott has seen one too many WWE interviews

AmericanBroncFan
01-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Maybe TJ is just playing a game with those who ask him why he picked the Pats. 99% of America picked the PATS. F scott

Dudeskey
01-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Al I know is bart scott could'nt lace up Tom Jackson's cleats!!!!

Not in TJ's prime, hell no

footstepsfrom#27
01-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Bart Scott...Pffft, yes it's incumbant upon sports media to pick the Jets Mr. Scott. What an ass clown.

The Moops
01-22-2011, 04:24 AM
TJ is like a half dozen other Broncos who should be sporting gold jackets in Canton.