PDA

View Full Version : Mora removes himself as DC candidate for Philly and Denver

BigPlayShay
01-19-2011, 03:30 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Glazer/status/27854365058404352

@Jay_Glazer
Jay Glazer: Just got a call from Jim Mora Jr., who said he's decided to take his name out of denver & philly jobs, didn't think they're rt fit rt now

vancejohnson82
01-19-2011, 03:32 PM
ehhhh, im kinda ambivalent on this news

crush17
01-19-2011, 03:34 PM
thank GOD.

he was not someone I wanted on this staff whatsoever.
he's a hot headed prick with an ego. no thanks.

PRBronco
01-19-2011, 03:34 PM
What does MVPlaya think?

OABB
01-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Thank tebow. Would have been a disaster with mora-n. I still like wink or turdglovich.

tsiguy96
01-19-2011, 03:37 PM
mora wants to be a HC again, and hes looking for a team built to be a top contender. glad hes not it though.

TheReverend
01-19-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm pretty pleased about this development.

Goobzilla
01-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Anyone but Wink.

titan
01-19-2011, 03:40 PM
I think Mora would have been OK, but he likely would be gone in a year or two for another opportunity. I prefer a DC that will stay for a few years. The broncos need stability on the defensive side of the ball, not another defensive coordinator change a year from now.

mkporter
01-19-2011, 03:41 PM

@Jay_Glazer
Jay Glazer: Just got a call from Jim Mora Jr., who said he's decided to take his name out of denver & philly jobs, didn't think they're rt fit rt now

Read: They won't pay me enough.

serious hops
01-19-2011, 03:42 PM
No big loss.

serious hops
01-19-2011, 03:42 PM

Yep, pretty much.

OBF1
01-19-2011, 03:47 PM
So now who? Not freeking winky-dink

~Crash~
01-19-2011, 03:48 PM
Anyone but Wink.

Is there someone out there that is good with stats ? I would bet that our last 3 weeks when wink had a chance to do what he wanted to do he was way better stats wise. I know our Running game was way better . McD was making the staff do things a certain way . His way!

Rohirrim
This changes everything!

No.

I guess it doesn't.

Nevermind.

Gcver2ver3
No big loss.

agreed...

but i'm still irritated with the amount of coaches that have turned us down in some capacity...

i'm used to it being the other way around...

zdoor
01-19-2011, 03:49 PM

Was thinking the same thing...

~Crash~
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
So now who? Not freeking winky-dink

There is plenty of good people out there it will not be hard to find a great Defensive mind out there.

baja
01-19-2011, 03:52 PM
There is only one "right fit" for Jim Mora jr. the Washington Huskies.

baja
01-19-2011, 03:53 PM
We are at post #20 and everyone agrees it's good to have.... No Mora

UberBroncoMan
01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Great news. Very happy to see it confirmed.

FantomForce
01-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Thank goodness

strafen
01-19-2011, 03:56 PM
agreed...

but i'm still irritated with the amount of coaches that have turned us down in some capacity...

The disaster Mcdaniels left behind will scare most people.
There's some much uncertainty we don't know how long is going to take for this franchise to be back at the level of contenders...
Sad but true...

Mile High Shack
01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
This makes me happy

http://www.webanswers.com/post-images/8/87/F52FC63F-1479-BF34-F1AEF76427E27773.jpg

i4jelway7
01-19-2011, 03:58 PM
keep Wink... Dumervil coming back and w/ John Fox's help on the D Wink gets the job done... Champ may see that as a positive and want to stay

OBF1
01-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Is there someone out there that is good with stats ? I would bet that our last 3 weeks when wink had a chance to do what he wanted to do he was way better stats wise. I know our Running game was way better . McD was making the staff do things a certain way . His way!

Last 3 weeks for Wink's D

Week 15 vs raiders: 238 yards passing, 266 rush and 39 points

Week 16 vs Texans: 310 yards passing, 91 rushing and 23 points

Week 17 vs Chargers: 313 yards passing, 164 rushing and 33 points

That is a total of 95 points or just under 32 a game. 2 of those were against AFC west rivals.

Pretty much sucked. And this is why anyone thinking Wink is a good move should be spaded and neutered and banned from the starting any new threads for 6 months.

Mile High Shack
01-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Last 3 weeks for Wink's D

Week 15 vs raiders: 238 yards passing, 266 rush and 39 points

Week 16 vs Texans: 310 yards passing, 91 rushing and 23 points

Week 17 vs Chargers: 313 yards passing, 164 rushing and 33 points

That is a total of 95 points or just under 32 a game. 2 of those were against AFC west rivals.

Pretty much sucked. And this is why anyone thinking Wink is a good move should be spaded and neutered and banned from the starting any new threads for 6 months.

indeed, I wouldn't let Wink coach my rec flag football team

DarkHorse
01-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Sounds like Champ is endorsing Wink.

pricejj
01-19-2011, 04:29 PM
My guess is that it is going to be Trgovac.

1. Trgovac was Fox's DC in Carolina 2003-2008 where they averaged the 10th best scoring defense, over that time, in the NFL.
2. Elway said that the ENTIRE staff would attend the Senior Bowl, Jan. 29th.
3. Even if Green Bay wins this weekend, Trgovac would be able to interview and accept the job during the bye week before the Superbowl.
4. We have heard of NO other interviewers.

Carolina message board posters seem to think that he was the reason Carolina's defense was not consistently in the top 5, due to non-blitzing style. Regardless, I would be VERY happy with a top 10 defense here in Denver.

In the meantime, Trgovac has been learning the intracacies of the 3-4, while coaching the Green Bay D-Line during their switch-over to the 3-4.

UberBroncoMan
01-19-2011, 04:34 PM

1. Trgovac was Fox's DC in Carolina 2003-2008 where they averaged the 10th best scoring defense, over that time, in the NFL.
3. Even if Green Bay wins this weekend, Trgovac would be able to interview and accept the job during the bye week before the Superbowl.

Carolina message board posters seem to think that he was the reason Carolina's defense was not consistently in the top 5, due to non-blitzing style. Regardless, I would be VERY happy with a top 10 defense here in Denver.

In the meantime, Trgovac has been learning the intracacies of the 3-4, while coaching the Green Bay D-Line during their switch-over to the 3-4.

Unfortunately Trogovac moved to Green Bay in account of his wife and kids. His son is in college now but his daughter is 12. He was spending too much time away from home as the DC in Carolina which is why he went with a demotion.

Doubt he leaves, as nice as it would be.

mkporter
01-19-2011, 04:38 PM

I hope that it will be Trgovac for reason #1. He did a very good job with Carolina and Fox before, and his subsequent job with Green Bay has to be seen as positive too.

As far as #2 goes: I think people are reading too much into Elway's tweet. I'm sure that John assumed that the whole staff would be assembled by then, but I doubt if it is a hard deadline. I think he was mostly excited because Bowlen ponied up the $$ so that the whole staff could make the trip, which is unusual

#3: I thought this too, but it turns out that this is only true for head coaching positions. Coaches for SB bound teams cannot interview for coordinator or assistant positions during the off week.

serious hops
01-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Unfortunately Trogovac moved to Green Bay in account of his wife and kids. His son is in college now but his daughter is 12. He was spending too much time away from home as the DC in Carolina which is why he went with a demotion.

Doubt he leaves, as nice as it would be.

Hey, putting kids through college is expensive!

Greatspirits
01-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Yee Haw! No more mora!

gtown
01-19-2011, 05:08 PM
I am in the minority here, but I think Wink should be given a second chance. The D lacks talent, not incorrect scheme. Getting Doom back is a big piece of that, and we have a whole lot of high picks this year to get some blue-chip players. Keep some continuity for once!!

Broncomutt
01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Kinda glad Mora isn't gonna be a Bronco given some of the things I've read.

For anybody who still wants Wink, let's remember it was 8 weeks into the season before he could consistently field a defense with the correct number of players.:dummy:

DarkHorse
01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Kinda glad Mora isn't gonna be a Bronco given some of the things I've read.

For anybody who still wants Wink, let's remember it was 8 weeks into the season before he could consistently field a defense with the correct number of players.:dummy:

Make sure to let Bailey know that, i'm sure he's waiting to hear your expert analysis. ;)

Hamrob
01-19-2011, 06:33 PM
I think most defenses coordinator candidates would be intrigued. Seriously...how many studs do you have to have on one defense to be a good defense? We already have a bunch of decent players and a couple studs...such as Doom (for sure), Ayers (potential), DJW etc.

Plus we have the #2 pick (Bowers, Fairley or Peterson) plus 3 more high picks that will probably be spent on D as well.

If I'm a D-coordinator...there's enough there to like.

schaaf
01-19-2011, 06:36 PM
What does MVPlaya think?

that this shows how crappy of a franchise this is that Jim Mora doesn't want to coach the broncos, there is no light in living, the broncos will never win another game

and we're by far the ****tiest fans in the entire country

gunns
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Thank heavens, I really didn't want Mora. Don't want Wink. Why not go after someone on one of the final 4 teams in the playoffs. All have great defenses, like...ah hem cough Keith Butler. We've waited years, we can wait a few more weeks.

mkporter
01-19-2011, 06:50 PM
that this shows how crappy of a franchise this is that Jim Mora doesn't want to coach the broncos, there is no light in living, the broncos will never win another game

and we're by far the ****tiest fans in the entire country

For having only been here a month or so, you've got this place figured out pretty well. :)

Hulamau
01-19-2011, 07:06 PM
agreed...

Dont take it personally he jsut wanted a bigger payday than his Seattle head coaching job offers this year. Not going to give up more than 1 or 2 extra Million he already has coming plus whatever he'll make on the TV circuit to be a DC for someone else at half the money.

Only shot either Philly or us had was to pay a kings ransom and glad we passed

Taco John
01-19-2011, 07:10 PM

@Jay_Glazer

Uh... Denver let this guy leave town without a deal. How do you take your name out the pool when you've already been eliminated?

KipCorrington25
01-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Who knew it would take Mora not coming here to finally get everyone to agree.

But the Wink supporters, shame on you...

schaaf
01-19-2011, 08:10 PM
For having only been here a month or so, you've got this place figured out pretty well. :)

I call it being a boss :strong: haha

OABB
01-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Who knew it would take Mora not coming here to finally get everyone to agree.

But the Wink supporters, shame on you...

Not a supporter neccessarily, but considering him verses a position coach we've never heard of it could be worse.

serious hops
01-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Thank heavens, I really didn't want Mora. Don't want Wink. Why not go after someone on one of the final 4 teams in the playoffs. All have great defenses, like...ah hem cough Keith Butler. We've waited years, we can wait a few more weeks.

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler has a clause in his contract that may prevent him from interviewing elsewhere.
Butler had been viewed as a prime candidate for the defensive coordinator job in Arizona, where he would team up with pal Ken Whisenhunt, but it sounds like the Steelers' "defensive coordinator in waiting" behind Dick LeBeau may not even get a chance to interview. Cardinals defensive backs coach Teryl Austin has been mentioned as another possibility for the coordinator job.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=2033&line=198549&spln=1

Whisenhunt maintains interest in Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler, but can't talk to him until the Steelers are out of the playoffs. Even then, the Steelers have to grant permission, and that's questionable since they have assured Butler he will replace Dick LeBeau as coordinator whenever LeBeau decides to retire.

If Whisenhunt is denied permission to interview Butler, I expect him to ask for permission to talk to Steelers secondary coach Ray Horton, who knows the LeBeau defensive scheme as well as anyone.

Horton played under LeBeau with Bengals and has coached under him with the Steelers since 2004. Horton has coached in the NFL for 16 years and played for 10 with the Bengals and Cowboys. He also has coached with the Redskins, Bengals and Lions.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/KentSomers/114836

I'd love to get Butler, but I'm not sure he's a very realistic option for us at this point.

strafen
01-19-2011, 08:29 PM
I am in the minority here, but I think Wink should be given a second chance. The D lacks talent, not incorrect scheme. Getting Doom back is a big piece of that, and we have a whole lot of high picks this year to get some blue-chip players. Keep some continuity for once!!I disagree.
The 2010 defense was, on paper, better than the 2009 defense...
The key was the Nolan's scheme/coaching that made the difference.
I don't think Wink is at that level yet, so I would have to pass on that.

This is a crucial time for the franchise. A lot has to be reconstructed.
We've got to have top-notch coaching staff...

strafen
01-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Uh... Denver let this guy leave town without a deal. How do you take your name out the pool when you've already been eliminated?Haha! no kiddin'!
There was something about Mora I wasn't quite getting good vibes about.
This and on top of his body of work.
I wasn't too excited about him.
I would still say this, no matter who the DC is, Fox will initially have his hands on the defense while he stamps his signature on it and his constant input throughout...

primetime714
01-19-2011, 08:41 PM
Not a supporter neccessarily, but considering him verses a position coach we've never heard of it could be worse.

Can't get worse than a last place defense. Plus Wink himself was a no-name position coach before this past year. You can point to the talent we had last year, but a good defensive coordinator can get a lot more out of crap talent than Wink did. I feel for him cause he never really had much of a chance with McD and with the talent/injuries that we had this past year, but he still showed us absolutely nothing and there is zero reason to give him another chance.

Archer81
01-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Uh... Denver let this guy leave town without a deal. How do you take your name out the pool when you've already been eliminated?

Perception is reality. How does it look for Mora to go to an interview for a team with one of the NFL's worst defenses and totally underwhelm the new VP/HC?

He should stick with NFLN.

:Broncos:

Dedhed
01-19-2011, 08:47 PM
I wasn't excited about Mora. But even better, this probably means that we'll get to interview some folks on the staffs of the four teams left.

Other than the Packers the others are all there solely because of their defenses, and the Packers are extremely good defensively as well. There are bound to be a couple of dynamic defensive minds in the mix who might be ready for the move up the food chain.

OABB
01-19-2011, 08:48 PM
D talent is our issue. Dick labeu couldn't coach is above 30. Our linebackers are terrible. Dj is a will in a 4-3. Our safeties are Calvin lowery bad and our dline is below average. Wink dialed up a lot of blitzes against the chargers and we rarely got past the line.

We showed flashes, held some good runners in check at times and wink can't really be judged until we get an MLB who can read which gap to play and a safety can tackle.

I'm not saying wink is the guy, but he could be good. We just don't know.

strafen
01-19-2011, 08:51 PM

In the meantime, Trgovac has been learning the intracacies of the 3-4, while coaching the Green Bay D-Line during their switch-over to the 3-4.Good stuff.
Chemistry is important. I'll be ok with him working for Fox...

baja
01-19-2011, 08:53 PM
D talent is our issue. Dick labeu couldn't coach is above 30. Our linebackers are terrible. Dj is a will in a 4-3. Our safeties are Calvin lowery bad and our dline is below average. Wink dialed up a lot of blitzes against the chargers and we rarely got past the line.

We showed flashes, held some good runners in check at times and wink can't really be judged until we get an MLB who can read which gap to play and a safety can tackle.

I'm not saying wink is the guy, but he could be good. We just don't know.

Not trying to be a wise guy here but you can say the same about Slowick.

strafen
01-19-2011, 08:55 PM

I'm not saying wink is the guy, but he could be good. We just don't know.Like I've said. At this particular time, the franchise IMO is not in a position to take chances and see if Wink would cut it or not.
That's a position the team is not about to put themselves in...Not on the defense.
The defense is our biggest challenge. Think about it.

Taco John
01-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Not trying to be a wise guy here but you can say the same about Slowick.

For the record, I did say the same thing about Slowick. That being said, I'd just as soon burn the Josh era with fire. I'm not a fan of keeping either OC or DC from the last crew.

Steve Prefontaine
01-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Great news for Philly and Denver.

OABB
01-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Wink never played the DBs 15 yards off of the receivers. He called about all that you can call. Our DEs set the edge sometimes and we shut down the run. Than, they would lose contain and we'd get smoked. It's obvious that when they played to coaching they were at least average.

Slowick did things that made you question if you were insane while looking at them. Not the same IMO.

BroncoDoug
01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Any coaches on the Bears we can poach after they lose this weekend?

tsiguy96
01-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Any coaches on the Bears we can poach after they lose this weekend?

was rod marinelli a successful DC?

i doubt theyd let him interview, not sure if he would even want to.

edit: just checked, he is DC in chicago now.

Tombstone RJ
01-19-2011, 10:41 PM
so glad Mora Jr. said "I'm too good for these jobs" and walked away, now he can work on his tan, man.

strafen
01-19-2011, 10:43 PM

edit: just checked, he is DC in chicago now.For as much as you credit the Bears' defense for their success and NOT Cutler, that's something you should've already known, right?

pricejj
01-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I'd love to get Butler, but I'm not sure he's a very realistic option for us at this point.

Great post serious_hops :)

Heard snippets of a John Fox interview on 104.3 the Fan today. Referring to the search for a DC, Fox said:

"It's a fluid situation... I can't say yet."

Sounds to me like he already has someone picked out (Trgovac).

The MVPlaya
01-19-2011, 11:28 PM

Right, it wasn't Mora's idea to leave, it was that Denver that "let" him leave.

Just like coaches canceling interviews with Denver.

****in idiot Taco, you'll be a moron forever. You do not have a subjective/non-biased bone in your body.

Keep suffering though.

OABB
01-19-2011, 11:30 PM

****in idiot Taco, you'll be a moron forever. You do not have a subjective/non-biased bone in your body.

Keep suffering though.

You are a twat.

The MVPlaya
01-19-2011, 11:31 PM
What does MVPlaya think?

I think that the fact that Mora flew into Denver for an interview instead of canceling was a step in the right direction.

How many days has it been now since Mora left? And we haven't heard a damn thing about a new DC candidate... you know, considering this new, transparency thing going on... that must mean they don't have anything lined up and they're having trouble getting anything lined up.

You know, it's all about being transparent.

The MVPlaya
01-19-2011, 11:34 PM
With Mora leaving - I still think Denver needs a DC with some sort of experience.

John Fox isn't calling the plays. You have a project OC already, and add that with another project DC on a defense with limited talent... you got trouble.

And not the type of trouble Spags and McDaniels will cause the rest of the league.

strafen
01-19-2011, 11:47 PM

Keep suffering though.Damn!
That's a rude way to treat the owner of the site, isn't it?
Show some class once in a while!

mkporter
01-20-2011, 12:11 AM
You are a twat.

Try this, works wonders:

This message is hidden because The MVPlaya is on your ignore list.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-20-2011, 12:29 AM
Translation: I'm a big fraud of a coach and I like my cushy TV job.

serious hops
01-20-2011, 12:38 AM
Great post serious_hops :)

Heard snippets of a John Fox interview on 104.3 the Fan today. Referring to the search for a DC, Fox said:

"It's a fluid situation... I can't say yet."

Sounds to me like he already has someone picked out (Trgovac).

Gracias. I'd be happy with Trgovac, I think he's a solid choice.

DarkHorse
01-20-2011, 01:59 AM
My feeling is that we're just plain short on talent on the defensive side of the ball, not going to matter much who coaches this current group. The majority on D is just bottom of the barrel when it comes to actual talent.

broncocalijohn
01-20-2011, 02:29 AM
For the record, I did say the same thing about Slowick. That being said, I'd just as soon burn the Josh era with fire. I'm not a fan of keeping either OC or DC from the last crew.

Our problem is how many coaches (3) and defense coordinators (about 6) are we going to go through in the last6/7 seasons? Stability is needed. Not saying Wink is the total package but if Fox retains him, he can always look for another coach come next season. I dont want just any body in there, I want someone that will stick around. Mora jr was not going to be that guy.

broncocalijohn
01-20-2011, 02:32 AM
Damn!
That's a rude way to treat the owner of the site, isn't it?
Show some class once in a while!

If MVPlaya was a fan of a different team (and that team now might be the Rams), Taco would have him banned for being a troll. I really dont see the difference in his rants compared to other team fans. Out of the top 100 other team posters, 95% are decent members here. He is worse than those 95% and arguably maybe worse than all 100. Not sure what TJ sees in him to stay. It isnt the personal attack on TJ's opinion as that would be pretty weak on TJ but this trolling is just consistent and smells of a troll.

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 02:53 AM
If MVPlaya was a fan of a different team (and that team now might be the Rams), Taco would have him banned for being a troll. I really dont see the difference in his rants compared to other team fans. Out of the top 100 other team posters, 95% are decent members here. He is worse than those 95% and arguably maybe worse than all 100. Not sure what TJ sees in him to stay. It isnt the personal attack on TJ's opinion as that would be pretty weak on TJ but this trolling is just consistent and smells of a troll.

Not sure how you can say this with posters like JHNS, go_broncos, strafan etc.

Maybe because my posts make sense and they make too much sense it irritates the hell out of you guys. Look at my history, I have reasonable posts and takes without going all rated-r.

A lot of times people on here say stupid things, so I'll respond accordingly.

You know, kind of the like the idiots in the thread where McDaniels negotiations with the Rams went to a hold, then all the members on here got wild? Then after he got hired, it went all hush? Yeah.

My posts make sense, I have logical reasoning behind all (or most) of them. It's probably why when most people respond to me it doesn't involve anything that has to do with football... because they can't really don't have any response to that portion.

Caveat Lector
01-20-2011, 03:25 AM

edit: just checked, he is DC in chicago now.

As far as I recall Marinelli was no more than a D-line coach before Detroit hired him as HC. I guess that's how you end up 0-16... Hilarious!

McDman
01-20-2011, 04:27 AM

Maybe because my posts make sense and they make too much sense it irritates the hell out of you guys. Look at my history, I have reasonable posts and takes without going all rated-r.

You know, kind of the like the idiots in the thread where McDaniels negotiations with the Rams went to a hold, then all the members on here got wild? Then after he got hired, it went all hush? Yeah.

My posts make sense, I have logical reasoning behind all (or most) of them. It's probably why when most people respond to me it doesn't involve anything that has to do with football... because they can't really don't have any response to that portion.

Haha, wow, talk about the definition of hubris.

Clearly no one can match your football intelligence.

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 05:33 AM
Haha, wow, talk about the definition of hubris.

Clearly no one can match your football intelligence.

Just something I noticed.

If people actually responded with something well written/thought out it wouldn't be true.

Mile High Shack
01-20-2011, 05:55 AM
Just something I noticed.

If people actually responded with something well written/thought out it wouldn't be true.

Indeed,your well thought out analysis on how all Denver fans are idiots and bad fans is a well thought out rational argument

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Indeed,your well thought out analysis on how all Denver fans are idiots and bad fans is a well thought out rational argument

that argument has more proof than any other argument I've ever had on these forums.

Proof:

www.orangemane.com
www.denverbroncos.com
www.broncosforums.com

Come on now, let's be serious for a second here... you can't possibly read through any Broncos forums and leave as if you learned anything.

And if you did, it was probably false information.

For **** sake, Woody Paige is the face of the Denver Broncos for writing articles...

Kaylore
01-20-2011, 06:11 AM
There is only one "right fit" for Jim Mora jr. the Washington Huskies.

And BYU great Steve Sarkisian isn't going anywhere! :approve:

Mile High Shack
01-20-2011, 06:11 AM
Wow.....just wow, well, maybe someday all of us can be as awesome as you. Wow

strafen
01-20-2011, 07:08 AM

You are a putz!

Broncoman13
01-20-2011, 07:27 AM
MVP is a clown, you guys don't really take him serious do you? People like him don't really need a response. He is the kind that you just nod at and say okay, but never put any thought into what he/she is saying.

schaaf
01-20-2011, 07:31 AM

Keep suffering though.

dude get the **** out of here.

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 07:34 AM
MVP is a clown, you guys don't really take him serious do you? People like him don't really need a response. He is the kind that you just nod at and say okay, but never put any thought into what he/she is saying.

Yeah until I pull up statistics and proof, and then some people still don't put any thought to it because well.. that's a Denver fan!

BroncosMT
01-20-2011, 07:42 AM
I think i just figured out why the iggy button was made....

Kaylore
01-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Not to derail the thread, but I'm grateful Mora walked. He's overrated. Lets find someone who wants to be here.

BroncosMT
01-20-2011, 07:48 AM
Not to derail the thread, but I'm grateful Mora walked. He's overrated. Lets find someone who wants to be here.

i would agree....i was shaky about him when he was being considered....wasn't a good fit here IMO

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 07:49 AM

That seems to be the fundamental problem right now, who wants to be here.

Broncos should be able to find someone soon though, it's not like Fox hasn't been around for a while. Maybe they're waiting for a candidate in the playoffs, who knows...

I don't think Mora was going to be a problem nor the answer though, so in reality, him leaving or let go really isn't a big deal IMO.

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 07:51 AM
What's interesting to me is, how the hell did Carolina get Sean McDermott? I would imagine Rivera would be running that defense as DC too...

2KBack
01-20-2011, 07:53 AM
What's interesting to me is, how the hell did Carolina get Sean McDermott? I would imagine Rivera would be running that defense as DC too...

Which will make McDermott look really good and get him a shot at a HC gig probably

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 08:00 AM
Which will make McDermott look really good and get him a shot at a HC gig probably

Well if it is a known thing that McDermott isn't calling the plays and that Rivera is the one that handles all the defense while he is a yes man, I don't think it would make that big of a difference, at least in the NFL level.

Do you know who Saints OC is?

2KBack
01-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Well if it is a known thing that McDermott isn't calling the plays and that Rivera is the one that handles all the defense while he is a yes man, I don't think it would make that big of a difference, at least in the NFL level.

Do you know who Saints OC is?

nope, but I don't know who a lot of coordinators are in the league. I know Kubiak got a head gig though

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 08:12 AM
nope, but I don't know who a lot of coordinators are in the league. I know Kubiak got a head gig though

Kubiak called plays, and coached Steve Young, John Elway...etc.

Broncoman13
01-20-2011, 08:15 AM
When did Kubiak coach Steve Young? Idiot Bronco fans! Sheesh!

BroncosMT
01-20-2011, 08:16 AM

Wasn't Kubiak part of the niners when they won before he came to Denver....I could be mistaken

2KBack
01-20-2011, 08:17 AM
Wasn't Kubiak part of the niners when they won before he came to Denver....I could be mistaken

you aren't. Kubiak was the QB coach for the 49ers when they won the superbowl

The MVPlaya

There you have it.

And people are mad at me for my views...

BroncosMT

"He served as the quarterbacks coach for the San Francisco 49ers in 1994,[5] guiding Hall of Fame quarterback Steve Young to one of his best seasons. Young received his second NFL MVP and captured Super Bowl XXIX MVP honors by throwing a record six touchdowns in San Francisco’s 49–26 win over the San Diego Chargers."

Broncoman13
01-20-2011, 08:20 AM
One year with Young when he was a three time probowl player before he got there and a four time probowler after he went to Denver. You're really going to credit Kubiak for Young's success... Seriously?

jhns
01-20-2011, 08:20 AM
LOL @ "playa"...

The dude argued with me for a long time that McDaniels and his moves were good for this team. He then claims others are dumb... Can't get better than that.

Broncoman13
01-20-2011, 08:24 AM

Yeah he was with Niners for one season. It's like crediting Frank Reich for Peyton Mannings success in Indy. One year working with Manning, he should be a OC or HC by now!

2KBack
01-20-2011, 08:24 AM
One year with Young when he was a three time probowl player before he got there and a four time probowler after he went to Denver. You're really going to credit Kubiak for Young's success... Seriously?

That's not really the point. He is claiming that such successes are the reaosn Kubiak got a HC job. My point was that despite being overshadowed by what was considered an offensive genius HC he still got a HC gig. Similarly if the Mcdermmott/Rivera defense is awesome, Mcdermmott would likely be considered for HC jobs as well.

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 08:26 AM

lol nice try to back out. I didn't credit him with anyone's success, I used the word coached.

And why aren't you asking me why I'm crediting Kubiak for John Elway's success when he was a 6 time pro bowl player, 1 time NFL MVP, and 3 super bowl appearances?

Not even going to insult you here, you've done enough damage to yourself.

Members are shaking their head in disbelief... why the hell are you proving "playa" right!

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 08:27 AM
That's not really the point. He is claiming that such successes are the reaosn Kubiak got a HC job. My point was that despite being overshadowed by what was considered an offensive genius HC he still got a HC gig. Similarly if the Mcdermmott/Rivera defense is awesome, Mcdermmott would likely be considered for HC jobs as well.

Only if McDermmott plays a huge role and calls plays... Kubiak played a huge role for us here in Denver and called plays... he was in Denver for a decade before he got a HC gig.

Don't think McDermott would get a HC gig if he played Mike McCoy's role.

2KBack
01-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Only if McDermmott plays a huge role and calls plays... Kubiak played a huge role for us here in Denver and called plays... he was in Denver for a decade before he got a HC gig.

Don't think McDermott would get a HC gig if he played Mike McCoy's role.

There nothing yet to say that he didn't take the Job in Carolina because he was told he would get to call the defense.

Broncoman13
01-20-2011, 08:30 AM
So why isn't Frank Reich a HC yet MVP? He is obviously the reason Manning is so good.

Just remember, you are the one that was happy with the moves McD was making. Now when the Broncos are sick of him, you want to blame the fans??? I don't think the joke is on me here bro... But keep telling yourself that!

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 08:32 AM
There nothing yet to say that he didn't take the Job in Carolina because he was told he would get to call the defense.

That's true. That's why I am confused because I'd imagine Rivera would call the plays.

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 08:34 AM
So why isn't Frank Reich a HC yet MVP? He is obviously the reason Manning is so good.

All I said was he coached those players... and he called plays. Look at what you turned this into. I know you wish I said those things, but I didn't. You did this to yourself.

And the joke is on you.

2KBack
01-20-2011, 08:36 AM
That's true. That's why I am confused because I'd imagine Rivera would call the plays.

I'd probably prefer that if I was a Carolina fan, but Rivera might be trying to be a real delegating HC...I don't know. Could be that McDermmott really loves good Carolina BBQ...I know I do

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 08:38 AM
I'd probably prefer that if I was a Carolina fan, but Rivera might be trying to be a real delegating HC...I don't know. Could be that McDermmott really loves good Carolina BBQ...I know I do

Yes... either way they get 2 pretty good DCs...

baja
01-20-2011, 08:46 AM

Dude you make a mistake best to just let it go. I too thought Kubes spent his whole career in Denver before moving to Houston.

Broncoman13
01-20-2011, 09:05 AM
Dude you make a mistake best to just let it go. I too thought Kubes spent his whole career in Denver before moving to Houston.

No I knew Kubes was in San Fran. I just think it's ridiculous to try and use that in your point. Frank Reich has coached Peyton Manning and Manning is having great success. I guess he deserves to move up to a OC position now... Even though everyone knows that Reich has very little to do with Manning's success, same as Kubes had little to do with Young's.

You can do this with hundreds of coaches. Had he said Kubes was instrumental in the Broncos SB runs and helping Elway to be a more complete player... No argument!

It's as bad as people giving McD all the credit for Brady having so much success. He inherited a HOF QB who has happened to do just fine without McD.

BroncosMT
01-20-2011, 09:07 AM

You knew he was in San Fran? Not based on that....but your point is made

Broncoman13
01-20-2011, 09:13 AM
You knew he was in San Fran? Not based on that....but your point is made

Meh, my point was that he wasn't calling plays or doing anything more than Ben McDainels was doing in Denver this year. Poor choice of words saying when did he coach, should have said when did he call plays.

Tombstone RJ
01-20-2011, 09:32 AM

plus, you're just really, really pissed off, so you got going for yah...