PDA

View Full Version : Cutler deal was beginning of end for Denver

Pages : 1 [2]

bronco militia
01-21-2011, 08:51 AM
How is this even on McDaniels? Bowlen is THE ONE who forced the trade to happen and Cutler is the ONE who cried his way out?

link?

The MVPlaya
01-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Elway on 87.7

Jay Cutler would probably be a Bronco today if I were GM
We gave up on him too early
Jay is a talent you don't see come around too often

How about those remarks from our current VP

Nice job of putting faith in Tebow there buddy.

What the hell is John talking about? we gave up on him too early? His ass was done with Denver, disrespected the owner, and the city... what else do you want? He lost Jeremy Bates, and he wasn't going to get the pampered treatment...

I'm not denying that if there was a solid GM structure in place, Cutler might of still been here, but giving up on him really doesn't anything to do with the picture.

He said **** Denver and rolled out...

KO5K
01-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Yup. He has many interviews, starting from the day Cutler was traded, that talk up Cutler. The guy running the team doesn't agree with a lot on this board. I'm sure it is just that he doesn't know much about playing QB in the NFL.

According to you Elway doesn't even know who the f*** Jay ****ler is.

jhns
01-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Let's not forget this is pretty much the same defense that brought Rex Grossman to the Super Bowl.

LOL

Really? You want to try proving that? I say it will be easy to show you how dumb your post is as they don't even begin to compare.

TheReverend
01-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Elway on 87.7

Wtf does John Elway know about the QB position? Didn't he notice at lunch Cutler was just staring at the tv?! :rofl:

The MVPlaya
01-21-2011, 08:56 AM
link?

Wow, I've linked this over and over man... it's been talked about over and over...I'm about to sign off, no disrespect, but it's all over the internet. Bowlen also made a public statement, or letter to season ticket holders, after Cutler was traded. Bowlen has also talked about how much he respected McDaniels for taking all the heat for the Cutler deal when it was Bowlen who pulled the trigger.

But just search google or something... if you can't find it I'll link here when I sign on later.

But someone should be able to confirm... it'd be pretty sad if someone couldn't.

jhns
01-21-2011, 08:57 AM
According to you Elway doesn't even know who the **** Jay ****ler is.

What? Is that supposed to make sense?

Dedhed
If Jay Cutler is a middle of the road QB as you ridiculously put it, what does it make Kyle Orton?The same. Both will have success if they're carried by their defense. Neither will have success if the game falls to them.

The MVPlaya
Wtf does John Elway know about the QB position? Didn't he notice at lunch Cutler was just staring at the tv?! :rofl:

He knows enough that he doesn't think Tim Tebow is going anywhere soon.

KO5K
01-21-2011, 08:59 AM
What? Is that supposed to make sense?

More sense than most of the garbage you come out with.

jhns
01-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Wow, I've linked this over and over man... it's been talked about over and over...I'm about to sign off, no disrespect, but it's all over the internet. Bowlen also made a public statement, or letter to season ticket holders, after Cutler was traded. Bowlen has also talked about how much he respected McDaniels for taking all the heat for the Cutler deal when it was Bowlen who pulled the trigger.

But just search google or something... if you can't find it I'll link here when I sign on later.

But someone should be able to confirm... it'd be pretty sad if someone couldn't.

You just are a mental midget. Do you really believe he wasn't just trying to help his new head coach not get run out of town? Are you really claiming the front office will always tell the public the truth? How do you explain them constantly saying the decisions were group efforts and then suddenly switching it to everything was McDaniels recently? One of those two things has to be a lie.

Cutler would still be here if McDaniels wasn't in charge. Period.

baja
01-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Elway on 87.7

Even if that is his belief it's a dumb thing to say publicly.

jhns
01-21-2011, 09:05 AM
More sense than most of the garbage you come out with.

To some of you, sure. That is because you just aren't on my level. This is nothing to be ashamed about, you just need to learn your place.

Now let's break down what you just said. Elway can't know that Cutler is a good QB if he doesn't know him personally. Now what makes this really dumb is I can give direct quotes from Elway saying that he doesn't know Cutler personally and that he thinks Cutler is a good QB.

So again, wtf are you talking about?

KO5K
01-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Elway on 87.7

Why is this guy even on the radio?

Joe 'The Devil' Ellis never bothered.

So why does Elway have to go on there spewing crap that makes an uneasy fan base even more uneasy, the guy needs to get on with his job and STFU.

jhns
01-21-2011, 09:08 AM

Why? Because it makes you and the rest of the emo half of the fan base look like a bunch of jackasses?

Gutless Drunk
01-21-2011, 09:09 AM

Not really. All of that is pretty much a given nationwide. It's not saying anything football people do not already know. It's not even news. The only place you would get an argument is here with the "he called me a six" emo's

KO5K
01-21-2011, 09:09 AM
To some of you, sure. That is because you just aren't on my level. This is nothing to be ashamed about, you just need to learn your place.

Now let's break down what you just said. Elway can't know that Cutler is a good QB if he doesn't know him personally. Now what makes this really dumb is I can give direct quotes from Elway saying that he doesn't know Cutler personally and that he thinks Cutler is a good QB.

So again, wtf are you talking about?

Yeah true, I accept your point.

But if Elway doesn't know Cutler personally, ie, he doesn't know how he handles himself in the locker room etc. etc. How can he even suggest that he wouldn't have traded Cutler if he doesn't know anything about him?

Dedhed
01-21-2011, 09:12 AM
LOL

Really? You want to try proving that? I say it will be easy to show you how dumb your post is as they don't even begin to compare.

You're right there are no similarities at all between this year's Bears' defense and in 2006.

There are no similarities between being the #4 scoring defense and being the #3 scoring defense in the NFL.

Keep living the dream, dolt.

jhns
01-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Yeah true, I accept your point.

But if Elway doesn't know Cutler personally, ie, he doesn't know how he handles himself in the locker room etc. etc. How can he even suggest that he wouldn't have traded Cutler if he doesn't know anything about him?

Umm, maybe because this is football... You need to get McDaniels teachings out of your head. Personality doesn't matter unless it gets you arrested. The only reason that even matters now is because this is Goodells NFL. Every SB team that there has ever been has had guys with ego problems and really poor character. That doesn't make them bad players. This isn't where you go to find dates. This is the NFL. It is a bunch of big guys paid to run full speed into each other....

Anyways, your point is retarded. Cutler hasn't had a problem working under Shanahan or any of the Bears staff. It was only McDaniels, the guy who got fired for being a douche.... Do you know Peyton Manning personally? Do you think he is a good QB? You do know he has publicly thrown teammates under the bus after losses, right? Does that change your opinion of his play and ability to win?

KO5K
01-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Umm, maybe because this is football... You need to get McDaniels teachings out of your head. Personality doesn't matter unless it gets you arrested. The only reason that even matters now is because this is Goodells NFL. Every SB team that there has ever been has had guys with ego problems and really poor character. That doesn't make them bad players. This isn't where you go to find dates. This is the NFL. It is a bunch of big guys paid to run full speed into each other....

Anyways, your point is retarded. Do you know Peyton Manning personally? Do you think he is a good QB? You do know he has publicly thrown teammates under the bus after losses, right? Does that change your opinion of his play and ability to win?

Personality doesn't matter? Let me tell you something....

It does.

And you don't constantly hear stories of Manning being an utter douchebag.

Just this week there's new stories about ****ler being a dick to people who he should highly respect.

Elway shouldn't be saying **** like that. He doesn't know anything about Jay Cutler other than what he sees on the football field, and let's be honest, that's nothing to be proud of, he has no idea whether he would've traded Cutler or not.

But, we shouldn't even be having this conversation, why is Elway even saying crap like this? Why isn't he in his office tracking down potential DCs etc.

baja
01-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Why? Because it makes you and the rest of the emo half of the fan base look like a bunch of jackasses?

No because it shows poor judgment, it throws Pat Bowlen his friend and employer under the bus and throws gas on the fire that is raging within the fan base but because it's what you want to hear you will see none of this.

TheReverend
01-21-2011, 09:32 AM

...and you came to that conclusion from ANY of his quotes HOW?

CEH
01-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Whether he's on the radio or not is irrelevant to this thread

We have the VP of the Denver Broncos saying it was a mistake to trade Cutler

I'll take ELway on my side of this argument any day. Legwold was on after Elway and he said basically the same thing that with each passing day this trade will look more and more foolish for Denver. No competent GM would have traded a 25 year old Pro Bowl QB

Merlin
01-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Chicago is a good fit for any QB. Why?

The defense and special teams play can carry just about any offense into the playoffs.

Let's not forget this is pretty much the same defense that brought Rex Grossman to the Super Bowl.
That D is nowhere near the same, it just shows how you just like to spew out hate without even checking your facts.

BTW, nor is the O. The had a far better OL and two stud RBs, and far better WRs. Grossman was absolutely horrible when it counted in the second half of the season, you know, the part of the season Cutler at times was forced to carry the team despite an absence of talent in the O (with the exception of Forte). Have you ever checked Forte's number's prior the bye? His yds per carry were atrocious. The OL for Chi was historically bad prior to the bye, now it is merely very bad.

As to the D, yes they were critical at the beginning of the season, but at crunch time in the last 5 games that mattered to make the playoffs and then get the second seed, they were non existent. Only in one game did they allow less than 20 points. Those games depended on the offense against playoff teams to win. And the only teams that were not playoffs shut down and beat GB with a backup QB (Detroit), and the Vikes had a top 10 ranked D (but Cutler put 40 on them), and that would be the same Vikes team that beat the Eagles (although they did not have to contend with Favre since he had been knocked out by Chi).

McD supporters really ought to stop riding that horse. Your support of McD made you look naive at best, your support of his moves after the fact, at times, make you look plain stupid. I'm guessing most of you guys are under 25 and have very little understanding of football in particular, and personnel/people management in general (especially talented personnel).

baja
01-21-2011, 09:35 AM
John should go to work and keep his opinions about the past to himself. What possible good can come of this?

jhns
01-21-2011, 09:36 AM
No because it shows poor judgment, it throws Pat Bowlen his friend and employer under the bus and throws gas on the fire that is raging within the fan base but because it's what you want to hear you will see none of this.

Bowlen admitted mistakes were made after McDaniels first offseason. He again admitted a ton of mistakes were made when he fired Josh. He again just came out saying the fans deserve more and the last two years were a disaster.

I'm pretty sure Bowlen agrees at this point.

CEH
01-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Why is this guy even on the radio?

Joe 'The Devil' Ellis never bothered.

So why does Elway have to go on there spewing crap that makes an uneasy fan base even more uneasy, the guy needs to get on with his job and STFU.

Start another thread about Elway saying was too much and I'll agree with you but that's for another thread. In fact I said Elway needs to hunker down and work on the team and got alot of flack for that opinion

Dedhed
01-21-2011, 09:38 AM
That D is nowhere near the same, it just shows how you just like to spew out hate without even checking your facts.

So being the #3 scoring defense in the league is nowhere near the same as having the #4 scoring defense?

That's fact, not hate.

orangemonkey
01-21-2011, 09:40 AM

It does.

Just this week there's new stories about ****ler being a dick to people who he should highly respect.

Elway shouldn't be saying **** like that. He doesn't know anything about Jay Cutler other than what he sees on the football field, and let's be honest, that's nothing to be proud of, he has no idea whether he would've traded Cutler or not.

But, we shouldn't even be having this conversation, why is Elway even saying crap like this? Why isn't he in his office tracking down potential DCs etc.

This is wrong. Manning was the biggest douchebag, whiner, throw your team under the bus QB, in his first 5 years. You consistently heard stories about this. Manning matured and became the superbowl winning, Sony commercials guy that everyone now loves.

CEH
01-21-2011, 09:43 AM
This is wrong. Manning was the biggest douchebag, whiner, throw your team under the bus QB, in his first 5 years. You consistently heard stories about this. Manning matured and became the superbowl winning, Sony commercials guy that everyone now loves.

Manning said when I learned that a punt is not a bad thing that's when I became a better QB. Same goes for Cutler. I think he's learning a punt or sack is not a bad thing

oubronco
01-21-2011, 09:45 AM

It does.

It's apparent you know more about the QB position than John Elway and isn't hiring a DC the Head coaches job

jhns
01-21-2011, 09:45 AM

It does.

So let me get this straight... You believe Elway hasn't met Cutler but you believe the stories that came out earlier this week, which included Elway meeting Cutler, are true? Wow.... You just don't care to even try making sense... I find it funny that you actually think those stories happened and were kept from the public for all this time. It is even funnier that you think a Denver reporter knew about these stories and just kept them quiet through all of the Cutler drama so he could post them a couple years after the majority of the world doesn't care anymore. If that were at all true, he wouldn't have a job right now. Newspapers aren't exactly doing well enough to withhold these things...

There are stories of Manning being a douche. You just don't know them because you don't follow the league. What is throwing your teammates under the bus? How is that being a team player and non douchey?

jsco70
01-21-2011, 09:53 AM
it just shows how you just like to spew out hate without even checking your facts.

Sorry to barge in, but aren't you being a little dramatic here?

I think everyone should really consider the fact this is a kids game played for entertainment by grown men. Do people really need to go this far when "debating" something so trivial, and, quite frankly, irrelevant to anything that should truly matter?

To answer my own question based upon the tolerance people have towards one another in this day and age, yes. We should all get as angry as possible, derogatory and crazed over the ****ing Jay Cutler trade. Carry on. :thumbs:

SoDak Bronco
01-21-2011, 09:53 AM
There is a reason you never see a young QB as talented traded away...and Elway was being honest when he said we shouldn't of traded him. Josh and his Ego (have heard this before) got in the way and we traded cutler away, and used picks on guys like Tebow and Knowshon, BeyBey, when we had a bunch of those pieces in place. If we would've used our picks on DEF and not trying to find replacements for guys Josh traded away we wouldn't be a 4-12 team. We may be playing in the playoffs. But we need to move foward and find some young guys to be the foundation of this team going foward, this upcoming draft is going to be HUGE.

baja
01-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Bowlen admitted mistakes were made after McDaniels first offseason. He again admitted a ton of mistakes were made when he fired Josh. He again just came out saying the fans deserve more and the last two years were a disaster.

Starting to look like So Cal is the one that's got it right.

KO5K
01-21-2011, 10:03 AM
It's apparent you know more about the QB position than John Elway and isn't hiring a DC the Head coaches job

You don't need to be John Elway to know that Cutler is no elite QB.

And you don't think Elway is involved in the hiring of the staff? He's the one who's supposed to be setting up all the interviews, which let's be honest, hasn't gone very well so far.

AlienBronco
01-21-2011, 10:04 AM
I wonder if it's the owner losing face or ex- Broncos boy QB coach genius losing face is the problem.

The only mistake Broncos owner did was trusting unnamenium with the head coaching duties

KO5K
01-21-2011, 10:05 AM

Point taken.

jhns
01-21-2011, 10:12 AM

LOL

"I know QBs and what it takes to be an NFL QB better than Elway!"

LOL

So Elway wouldn't know because he doesn't know Cutler. Since you think you do know, are you now claiming to know Cutler? I'm just curious. I have a couple Cutler Bronco jerseys I would love to get signed if you could hook that up.

orangemonkey
01-21-2011, 10:21 AM
There is a reason you never see a young QB as talented traded away...and Elway was being honest when he said we shouldn't of traded him. Josh and his Ego (have heard this before) got in the way and we traded cutler away, and used picks on guys like Tebow and Knowshon, BeyBey, when we had a bunch of those pieces in place. If we would've used our picks on DEF and not trying to find replacements for guys Josh traded away we wouldn't be a 4-12 team. We may be playing in the playoffs. But we need to move foward and find some young guys to be the foundation of this team going foward, this upcoming draft is going to be HUGE.

Great post. Free agency should also be exciting for TE's and CBs. How about Asomugha matched with Champ? Wicked. I'm pretty friggen' excited to see how the three headed monster (Xanders, Elway, Fox) does with the draft/FA.

Archer81
01-21-2011, 10:23 AM

BTW, nor is the O. The had a far better OL and two stud RBs, and far better WRs. Grossman was absolutely horrible when it counted in the second half of the season, you know, the part of the season Cutler at times was forced to carry the team despite an absence of talent in the O (with the exception of Forte). Have you ever checked Forte's number's prior the bye? His yds per carry were atrocious. The OL for Chi was historically bad prior to the bye, now it is merely very bad.

As to the D, yes they were critical at the beginning of the season, but at crunch time in the last 5 games that mattered to make the playoffs and then get the second seed, they were non existent. Only in one game did they allow less than 20 points. Those games depended on the offense against playoff teams to win. And the only teams that were not playoffs shut down and beat GB with a backup QB (Detroit), and the Vikes had a top 10 ranked D (but Cutler put 40 on them), and that would be the same Vikes team that beat the Eagles (although they did not have to contend with Favre since he had been knocked out by Chi).

McD supporters really ought to stop riding that horse. Your support of McD made you look naive at best, your support of his moves after the fact, at times, make you look plain stupid. I'm guessing most of you guys are under 25 and have very little understanding of football in particular, and personnel/people management in general (especially talented personnel).

The only real differences between the 06 and 10 Bears team are number of sacks given up and PPG. Otherwise, they are pretty damn similar in output from the QB, HB and WR positions.

So having the Bears defense clearly helps the offense in this situation. Facts. Not that scary.

:Broncos:

vancejohnson82
01-21-2011, 10:43 AM
how did this conversation deteriorate into a McDaniels conversation again?

Why is Elway making it a conversation point discussing a personnel move we made two years ago?

We also should've drafted Ed Reed too...

Archer81
01-21-2011, 10:48 AM

Why is Elway making it a conversation point discussing a personnel move we made two years ago?

And Stephen Jackson.

CEH
01-21-2011, 10:48 AM

Did you read the title of this thread?
Sounds likes a thread about this speciifc personnel move to me

vancejohnson82
01-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Did you read the title of this thread?
Sounds likes a thread about this speciifc personnel move to me

Didn't we have 1,001 of these conversations when it happened and for the years after?

McD and THE ORGANIZATION made the move....

SoCalBronco
01-21-2011, 11:23 AM

Then he should fire himself and get lost. He is responsible for everything that has occurred. He has brought tremendous amounts of pain and suffering upon his fan base. Alot of people don't respect him and won't give him the time of day. God knows I won't. I'm not interested in his stupid (ghostwritten) letters or anything he has to say. **** him.

Merlin
01-21-2011, 11:24 AM
The only real differences between the 06 and 10 Bears team are number of sacks given up and PPG. Otherwise, they are pretty damn similar in output from the QB, HB and WR positions.
I know you are young and like to look at things superficially, but look up the players and where they stood in relation other players at their skill position. To suggest the running game and OL were comparable is utterly naive. BTW, you do know that none of the present WR would come close to being a number one in most teams. Have a look at GB's receivers and compare them to Chi. Look at the running backs they had then, and compare them. Lastly, how did Grossman play in the second half of that season??? Did you bother looking at his stats? How about the D in Chicago in the last 5 games that counted? How many points did they allow? How many points did Cutler have to put up to win those games?

Dedhead since when does one compare statistics by saying "well they were #3 that yr and are #4 this yr"? Are you actually saying where they were rated each yr gives you ANY idea of how they performed? Then the #1 D of this yr must be comparable to the D of the Bears from their SB yr. Hell, this D is only 4 positions away, it can't be that different. You are a little too transparent...

Merlin
01-21-2011, 11:27 AM
And Stephen Jackson.

I always wondered about that one. I know we didn't know if Gold was returning, but what a beast. If he had played with a decent team (especially a team that knew how to run the ball), he would now be in the conversation of one of the best of the decade.

But then Socal would get all pissed because we passed on DJ ;D

SoCalBronco
01-21-2011, 11:28 AM
I always wondered about that one. I know we didn't know if Gold was returning, but what a beast. If he had played with a decent team (especially a team that knew how to run the ball), he would now be in the conversation of one of the best of the decade.

But then Socal would get all pissed because we passed on DJ ;D

Actually we wouldnt have taken SJ...since Chris Perry was our No. 1 rated RB that year. But if you guys want Chris Perry instead of DJ.....well, that wouldnt surprise me either.

jhns
01-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Then he should fire himself and get lost. He is responsible for everything that has occurred. He has brought tremendous amounts of pain and suffering upon his fan base. Alot of people don't respect him and won't give him the time of day. God knows I won't. I'm not interested in his stupid (ghostwritten) letters or anything he has to say. **** him.

That is a little harsh in my opinion. Yes, he was just as much to blame as McDaniels for all of this stuff. That said, the difference between the two is that Bowlen has done many good things for this organization too. He gave us two SBs. He has invested a lot more time and money than any other individual over the last 30+ years. Honestly, he is allowed to drive the team into the ground if he wants to. At least he is a good enough owner to admit his mistakes and try correcting them.

That all said, I do understand how you can feel the way you do.

bowtown
01-21-2011, 11:32 AM

<IFRAME class=youtube-player title="YouTube video player" height=390 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xP1-oquwoL8" frameBorder=0 width=640 type="text/html" allowFullScreen></IFRAME>

Thinking you might need a little dose of perspective in your life.

Gutless Drunk
01-21-2011, 11:45 AM

And you don't think Elway is involved in the hiring of the staff? He's the one who's supposed to be setting up all the interviews, which let's be honest, hasn't gone very well so far.

So you just signed up this month and you went with the "Kyle Orton 5K?"hmmm...

KO5K
01-21-2011, 11:56 AM
So you just signed up this month and you went with the "Kyle Orton 5K?"hmmm...

I'm going for the sarcastic 'KO5K'. I used it to piss 'neckbeard' and 'Alastor' off, you can add me to your long list of Alastor's Country rejects.

I was calling for Orton to be benched after the Raider's debacle, watching him mope around in London sure ruined that trip.

KO5K
01-21-2011, 11:58 AM
LOL

"I know QBs and what it takes to be an NFL QB better than Elway!"

LOL

So Elway wouldn't know because he doesn't know Cutler. Since you think you do know, are you now claiming to know Cutler? I'm just curious. I have a couple Cutler Bronco jerseys I would love to get signed if you could hook that up.

It's a figure of speach, you know what I mean.

Jay Cutler is nothing more than a mediocre QB right now, do I need to explain myself further?

jhns
01-21-2011, 12:11 PM
It's a figure of speach, you know what I mean.

Jay Cutler is nothing more than a mediocre QB right now, do I need to explain myself further?

Yes you do. Before you start, let's see your credentials. I would love to know why you think you are smarter than Elway when it comes to QB play.

KO5K
01-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes you do. Before you start, let's see your credentials. I would love to know why you think you are smarter than Elway when it comes to QB play.

Huh?

What the **** are you on about dude?

I've said that Elway shouldn't be prancing around saying what he would've done with Cutler because he didn't know what it was like in the situation.

Cutler was butt hurt that Shanahan was fired, maybe he never would've got on with the new regime, we'll never know so there isn't much point in speculating.

And secondly, I THINK IN MY OPINION that Cutler is a mediocre QB.

Where have I ever said that I am smarter when it comes to QBs? Of course I'm not. Unless you're trying to insinuate that Elway's comments meant he thinks Cutler is an elite QB because they don't.

vancejohnson82
01-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Huh?

I've said that Elway shouldn't be prancing around saying what he would've done with Cutler because he didn't know what it was like in the situation.

Cutler was butt hurt that Shanahan was fired, maybe he never would've got on with the new regime, we'll never know so there isn't much point in speculating.

Where have I ever said that I am smarter when it comes to QBs? Of course I'm not. Unless you're trying to insinuate that Elway's comments meant he thinks Cutler is an elite QB because they don't.

since you are new here, I will do you a favor....on this message board there are no opinions...only definites...and those definites are handed to us by jhns

KO5K
01-21-2011, 12:20 PM
since you are new here, I will do you a favor....on this message board there are no opinions...only definites...and those definites are handed to us by jhns

HAHA, thanks man.

jhns
01-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Huh?

Riiiight, you know what happened better that Elway...

LOL

The guy has many friends in the organization and you are the one that knows... Wow... Cutler just couldn't get over Shanahan as he was here working with McDaniels in his time off within a week of McDaniels being hired.. That makes sense. You do know that this was a rumor at one point right? You know what happened when it started, which was after he was traded? McDaniels, Bowlen, Cutler, and his agent all came out and said it wasn't true at all. Cutler was on board until he was lied to.

jhns
01-21-2011, 12:27 PM

This. Again, learn your place.

KO5K
01-21-2011, 12:31 PM
This. Again, learn your place.

Being told to learn your place from jhns has to be a low point in ones life.

jhns
01-21-2011, 12:36 PM

Don't worry, there is a much lower point that many of you will hit. It will come when you realize what little girls you all act like. "That NFL player hurt my feelings and now all of my opinions are based on hurt feelings." You kids are embarrassing this fan base.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2011, 11:34 PM
...and you came to that conclusion from ANY of his quotes HOW?

Are you serious? Maybe the fact that he can't say 1 positive thing about Tebow the QB, not Tebow the football player? Maybe the fact that he's not said ANYTHING about his progress in throwing the football and how raw he is.

John hasn't even given Tebow the same respect that he gave Cutler in this interview... saying players like Cutler don't come around often...

Have you heard him say that about Tebow?

All he's said about Tebow is yeah... he's a hard worker he obviously has the off field stuff..yeah yeah... but he's raw and he needs to learn how to throw timing routes (or something of this nature) etc etc.

He's fond of Tebow, but he's gay for Cutler.

Missouribronc
01-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Don't worry, there is a much lower point that many of you will hit. It will come when you realize what little girls you all act like. "That NFL coach hurt my feelings and now all of my opinions are based on hurt feelings." You kids are embarrassing this fan base.

Is hypocrisy inherently ironic by its very nature?

Or is irony inherently hypocritical by its very nature?

Odysseus
01-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Is hypocrisy inherently ironic by its very nature?

Or is irony inherently hypocritical by its very nature?

I think that irony is inherently hypocritical in that it is very natural.

Punisher
01-22-2011, 07:16 AM
I'm gonna find McD one day and oh boy that guy is gonna get kicked in the balls so hard.

TheReverend
01-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Are you serious? Maybe the fact that he can't say 1 positive thing about Tebow the QB, not Tebow the football player? Maybe the fact that he's not said ANYTHING about his progress in throwing the football and how raw he is.

John hasn't even given Tebow the same respect that he gave Cutler in this interview... saying players like Cutler don't come around often...

Have you heard him say that about Tebow?

All he's said about Tebow is yeah... he's a hard worker he obviously has the off field stuff..yeah yeah... but he's raw and he needs to learn how to throw timing routes (or something of this nature) etc etc.

He's fond of Tebow, but he's gay for Cutler.

So from something like this:

"To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow ... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can," Elway said. "Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco. Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false."

""I don't believe that anyone is going to come over and say, 'I don't want Tim Tebow.' If they do, then maybe we don't want them," Elway said.

You come up with this:

Makes sense...

Dedhed
01-22-2011, 09:26 AM

It's actually more of a confirmation that you have a modicum of sense.

Dedhed
01-22-2011, 09:30 AM

"To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow ... I think he's a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can," Elway said. "Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco. Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false."

""I don't believe that anyone is going to come over and say, 'I don't want Tim Tebow.' If they do, then maybe we don't want them," Elway said.

I'm baffled by the ideas that people have inserted into Elway's comments. Jhns and MVP are, of course the worst, who seem to believe that instead of the above that Elway is of the opinion that Tebow is the worst quarterback prospect he's ever seen and that there is little hope for him in the league.

jhns
01-22-2011, 10:23 AM
I'm baffled by the ideas that people have inserted into Elway's comments. Jhns and MVP are, of course the worst, who seem to believe that instead of the above that Elway is of the opinion that Tebow is the worst quarterback prospect he's ever seen and that there is little hope for him in the league.

What? When did I say that? I love Tebow and know Elway likes him as well. I have never once claimed anything other than this.

The MVPlaya
01-22-2011, 10:55 AM

You come up with this:

Makes sense...

like I said, Elway has talked about Tebow the football player more than the QB... the quote you just provided talks about moving Tebow in a transaction, and what he thinks Tebow CAN be.

However, my sentence says that John Elway doesn't think Tebow is going anywhere soon... meaning he's still raw as a MF.

Your quote really just helps my case, and doesn't really prove yours at all.

All John just said was, in basic ideas:

Tim Tebow is staying and we like him.
We want a coach who wants to coach Tebow.
He is a hard worker, so therefore he can become a great QB.

Now compare that to what he said about Jay Cutler:

Guys like that don't come around very often.

:rofl:

It's not something you should say to the Denver fans... but who gives a damn anyways he knows they'll be on his jock even if he wore a Raiders jersey to a party.

Mr. Elway
01-22-2011, 11:46 AM
I think some people are missing the point. Elway's comments are not a shot at Tebow (they didn't even talk about Tebow at all in the interview), nor is he pining after Cutler. Rather they are a shot at McDaniels, specifically at his general lack of patience.

I continue to think that Elway is approaching this with a long-term vision. He said he would have given Cutler more of a chance here. Combine that with his past comments on Tebow, it's easy to infer that he intends to avoid making the same mistake by giving up on Tebow, even if it takes a few seasons for him to blossom. He's not telling the Cutler fanboys "you were right, and we are screwed now and stuck with Tebow" he is just suggesting that we would have been better off allowing our investment sufficient time to mature (pun intended). In the real world, the Broncos don't have a choice between Jay Cutler and Tim Tebow. Elway is not making message board arguments, he's just trying to rebuild a mfing franchise.

Jetmeck
01-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Don't worry, there is a much lower point that many of you will hit. It will come when you realize what little girls you all act like. "That NFL player hurt my feelings and now all of my opinions are based on hurt feelings." You kids are embarrassing this fan base.

Have to say this is the case of most haters on here.

The MVPlaya
01-22-2011, 12:02 PM
I think some people are missing the point. Elway's comments are not a shot at Tebow (they didn't even talk about Tebow at all in the interview), nor is he pining after Cutler. Rather they are a shot at McDaniels, specifically at his general lack of patience.

I continue to think that Elway is approaching this with a long-term vision. He said he would have given Cutler more of a chance here. Combine that with his past comments on Tebow, it's easy to infer that he intends to avoid making the same mistake by giving up on Tebow, even if it takes a few seasons for him to blossom. He's not telling the Cutler fanboys "you were right, and we are screwed now and stuck with Tebow" he is just suggesting that we would have been better off allowing our investment sufficient time to mature (pun intended). In the real world, the Broncos don't have a choice between Jay Cutler and Tim Tebow. Elway is not making message board arguments, he's just trying to rebuild a mfing franchise.

I too think that they are a shot at McDaniels more than anything, which is his general purpose.

However, the reason why it makes absolutely no sense is that it was Bowlen that made the call and not McDaniels, so if the truth of the situation matters, he's actually taking a shot at Mr.Bowlen.

CEH
01-22-2011, 12:12 PM
I too think that they are a shot at McDaniels more than anything, which is his general purpose.

However, the reason why it makes absolutely no sense is that it was Bowlen that made the call and not McDaniels, so if the truth of the situation matters, he's actually taking a shot at Mr.Bowlen.

I disagree. McD was the superior . It was his job to either trade the dude or work with him not play silly game.

Bowlen as CEO just stepped in and closed the deal.
Someone had to make a decision and if Bowlen was backing Josh Jay wanted no part of the little lying sack of crap.

At that point Jay was not coming back. He drew his line in the sand and worked Josh

Another shiny Josh moment

After trading Hillis Josh walked into McCoy's office who wanted Hillis involved in the offense more in '09 and said " we just traded your boyfriend". Talk about a lack of everything. That was the mentality around Dove Valley with Josh in control.

OABB
01-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Have to say this is the case of most haters on here.

I agree. especially if you substute "NFL player" for " NFL coach". The irony in this place is thick, man.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Elway on 87.7

And this is who you have running your organization right now, fans.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091202133715/uncyclopedia/images/5/5c/Vomit.gif

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-24-2011, 07:02 AM
And this is who you have running your organization right now, fans.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091202133715/uncyclopedia/images/5/5c/Vomit.gif

You address "fans" as you're not one of them.

Thank you for clearing that up.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 07:03 AM
Are we really just going to act as if Elway didn't make himself look like a total dumbass?

The obvious thing to do would have been to just no comment and deflect the situation... but this moron put himself on a limb for no ****ing reason.

I know you idiot fans will give him a pass though...

Ratboy
01-24-2011, 07:06 AM
Elway on 87.7

Oh.. wow.

I thought John Elway didn't like Cutler?

There goes that, Orange Mane.

Ratboy
01-24-2011, 07:08 AM
Are we really just going to act as if Elway didn't make himself look like a total dumbass?

The obvious thing to do would have been to just no comment and deflect the situation... but this moron put himself on a limb for no ****ing reason.

I know you idiot fans will give him a pass though...

Actually it gives us hope.

It shows that when we have talent at a skill position, we're not going to dump them for no apparent reason.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 07:10 AM
Actually it gives us hope.

It shows that when we have talent at a skill position, we're not going to dump them for no apparent reason.

Right, because there was none...

I guess Elway is cool with having a QB disrespect the owner cutting him his checks... you're telling me that there was no apparent reason to have traded Jay Cutler? Hilarious!

Thanks for making Elway look like even more of a dumbass.

Job well done.

Rohirrim
01-24-2011, 11:24 AM
“Chicago got the big prize here,” Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. said. “The way this trade worked out for both Chicago and Denver is proof why teams don’t trade young, franchise quarterbacks. It’s just not something you do.”

He should know. He's an expert.