PDA

View Full Version : Mora leaves w/o Deal - Let's get Keith Butler!

UberBroncoMan
01-18-2011, 08:21 PM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

# I don't know what to make of the fact that Mora has already left Denver. But I don't think it is good, but that's just me. about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

#No deal in place yet for Mora as DC. He spent the day at Dove Valley meeting with Fox + staff, but flew out this evening. about 3 hours ago via TweetDeck

Thank ****ing god. Mora is a dog **** of a coach. Probably on his way to Philly.

What do you all think about trying our ass off to pry Keith Butler away from the Steelers when they are knocked out of the playoffs (hopefully). The dude has been in the system for a while and largely thought the be the heir to Dick when he retires.

schaaf
01-18-2011, 08:27 PM
I wish Fox good luck with that haha

OBF1
01-18-2011, 08:28 PM
I want to give Lou Holtz a shot.... Why the eff not???

Broncoman13
01-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Meh... Blessing in disguise per haps. Maybe now we can go after one of Dom Capers boys up there in Green Bay! Actually one of them Tgrovak or whatever his name is has ties to Fox. No idea what kind of terms they parted on though?

spdirty
01-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah Id take Butler in a second.

Lev Vyvanse
01-18-2011, 09:46 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__FIaozgXAJA/SnXYz_7ZJLI/AAAAAAAAAAw/A5l5raEaXnM/s1600/FEELS%2BGOOD%2BMAN%2BDOG%2BTEXT.jpg

extralife
01-18-2011, 10:02 PM
man, I can't even bring myself to care. whoever it is will be fired at the end of the season anyway.

Kaylore
01-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Well...bye.

mkporter
01-18-2011, 10:05 PM
What do you all think about trying our ass off to pry Keith Butler away from the Steelers when they are knocked out of the playoffs (hopefully). The dude has been in the system for a while and largely thought the be the heir to Dick when he retires.

We can interview anyone after this weekend regardless of whether they win or lose, because of the extra week before the super bowl. Not that I'll be crying if the Steelers lose.

Ratboy
01-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Kind of sucks.

He has tons of experience in the NFL and that's where Denver Broncos want to go. I hope they have another guy in mind that has close to his experience, both head coaching and as a defensive coordinator.

OABB
01-18-2011, 10:20 PM
I ****ing hope Philly signs him! Keep that cockhole away from our team. I'd rather have slowick.

Yeah. I said it.

OABB
01-18-2011, 10:30 PM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/326925-linebacker-coach-keith-butler-denies-the-miami-dolphins-of-his-talents

looks like butler wants to stay in Pitt. Who would turn down coaching the likes of our defensive players over Pitt? He's missing out.

BroncoDoug
01-18-2011, 10:38 PM
man, I can't even bring myself to care. whoever it is will be fired at the end of the season anyway.

this.

strafen
01-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Carolina's DC Ron Meeks is available, is he not?

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Another day, another coach says **** denver! THIS PLACE IS ****TY GET ME THE **** OUT! SHOULDA CANCELLED THE INTERVIEW LIKE THE OTHER COACHES...

Elway probably called him John Mora....
LOLLOLLOL

orange crusher
01-18-2011, 11:33 PM
This is good news!

24champ
01-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Well...bye.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ReYfu5E-hOE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ReYfu5E-hOE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

TDmvp
01-19-2011, 12:16 AM
Another day, another coach says **** denver! THIS PLACE IS ****TY GET ME THE **** OUT! SHOULDA CANCELLED THE INTERVIEW LIKE THE OTHER COACHES...

LOLLOLLOL

You tell em retard.
http://www.faillol.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/retarded-boy.gif

The MVPlaya
01-19-2011, 01:39 AM
You tell em retard.
http://www.faillol.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/retarded-boy.gif

My jokes have some sort of accuracy... while the ones people make here do not.

Blart
01-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Defensive Coordinator is just a title, our coach likes his own style D.

shovelpass#30
01-19-2011, 04:47 AM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/326925-linebacker-coach-keith-butler-denies-the-miami-dolphins-of-his-talents

looks like butler wants to stay in Pitt. Who would turn down coaching the likes of our defensive players over Pitt? He's missing out.

That was a year ago, right? Guess he might hold out to see if LeBeau decides to call it a day after another SB win.

ColoradoDarin
01-19-2011, 05:14 AM
I bet part of the interview Elway asked him what he thought the Eagles fans should think of Sean McDermott when Carolina comes back to play them?

Kaylore
01-19-2011, 05:14 AM
We're better off. I want someone that wants to build their football career. I think Mora burned out early because of being fired twice and the analyst job. He can collect a paycheck and live on the coast. I hope we wait a week or two and get someone who comes from an elite background.

BroncosMT
01-19-2011, 06:17 AM
We're better off. I want someone that wants to build their football career. I think Mora burned out early because of being fired twice and the analyst job. He can collect a paycheck and live on the coast. I hope we wait a week or two and get someone who comes from an elite background.

This

OABB
01-19-2011, 06:28 AM
That was a year ago, right? Guess he might hold out to see if LeBeau decides to call it a day after another SB win.

Yes. My mistake. I misread the year. However I doubt his mind has changed.

Rascal
01-19-2011, 06:28 AM
Sweet.

Ratboy
01-19-2011, 06:31 AM

No one wants this job.

Our defense is in shambles.

TonyR
01-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Well, remember that McD originally left St. Louis without a deal. So never say never.

Kaylore
01-19-2011, 06:46 AM
No one wants this job.

That's not true. That's why someone would want it. If it doesn't work out, they can say "well the front office is run by John Elway, I did what I could." If they can turn things around then it will make their careers. We need someone who is willing to take that risk. A young up-and-comer who sees opportunity, not an old fart looking to preserve his legacy and nit-pick his demands.

Broncos123
01-19-2011, 07:15 AM
That's not true. That's why someone would want it. If it doesn't work out, they can say "well the front office is run by John Elway, I did what I could." If they can turn things around then it will make their careers. We need someone who is willing to take that risk. A young up-and-comer who sees opportunity, not an old fart looking to preserve his legacy and nit-pick his demands.

I don't bye that coaches don't want to be here. Coaches love to coach! If you believe in yourself you would want this job, you can only improve this defence, can't get much worse, emphasis should and will be getting players for the D. This is a Great opportunity for a Def. Coordinator to make a name for himself. I agree with Kaylore

ColoradoBuff
01-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Meh... Blessing in disguise per haps. Maybe now we can go after one of Dom Capers boys up there in Green Bay! Actually one of them Tgrovak or whatever his name is has ties to Fox. No idea what kind of terms they parted on though?

I agree....he was Carolina's DC until 2008 i believe and was run off by the owner not Fox. I think he is our choice!:yayaya:

TonyR
01-19-2011, 07:24 AM
If Mora and the Broncos do not work out a deal, Fox could pursue Trgovac, who currently coaches the defensive line for Green Bay. Because of the Packers' postseason run, the Broncos cannot talk to him until next week.

Read more: Mora interviews with Fox and Broncos' brass, but he leaves town without offer - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17131935#ixzz1BUlJaOsp
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

CEH
01-19-2011, 07:27 AM
Travagoc was offered a contract extention but saw the writing on the wall with the current staff and moved on

bronco militia
01-19-2011, 07:29 AM
mora is looking to add to his resume for his next head coaching gig.....

this job is too big for the smug a-hole

Gcver2ver3
01-19-2011, 08:10 AM
No one wants this job.

well thats typically the way DCs get jobs...

people aren't exactly firing the DCs for top 10 defenses on a regular...

baja
01-19-2011, 08:22 AM
mora is looking to add to his resume for his next head coaching gig.....

this job is too big for the smug a-hole

Ever sence someone posted the transcript of Mora saying he would quit any job he had to coach the Huskies I do not want Mora anywhere near Dove Valley.

We need someone in 100% for this job.

Drek
01-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Travagoc was offered a contract extention but saw the writing on the wall with the current staff and moved on

Which makes this seem like a perfect chance to reunite with Fox in a more stable set up after spending a couple years diversifying his skill set in Green Bay.

He'd be a great pick up for us and would enable us to run a 4-3/3-4 hybrid like the talent on this team would probably best actually fit with.

TheReverend
01-19-2011, 08:46 AM

Defensive background HC's DO make it harder to attract a quality DC, because they don't want to be handcuffed to the HC's base schemes.

Shoemaker
01-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Trgovac would definitely be my first choice. Familiarity with Fox, past success coaching a defense, expertise on the weakest area of our team (defensive line), experience with coaching either the 3-4 or the 4-3, learning under Dom Capers and helping coach one of the best defenses in the NFL in Green Bay, AND a name that'll provide endless entertaining misspellings while being almost impossible to turn into some stupid nickname?

That's the whole package right there, folks.

2KBack
01-19-2011, 09:00 AM
Which makes this seem like a perfect chance to reunite with Fox in a more stable set up after spending a couple years diversifying his skill set in Green Bay.

He'd be a great pick up for us and would enable us to run a 4-3/3-4 hybrid like the talent on this team would probably best actually fit with.

Can Kevin Greene come too in some capacity? For some reason I think that guy would be good for our players. I just watched an NFL films piece on him working with the linebackers in Green Bay.

Tombstone RJ
01-19-2011, 09:15 AM
No one wants this job.

Not according to Fox. It needs work but it is not in shambles. I'm glad Mora is deciding to leave town, I'd rather go with someone else who actually has a passion for the game and isn't an arrogent blowhard who likes hear himself talk...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-19-2011, 09:21 AM

LOLLOLLOL

Yay for you! You get to bitch and moan about a perceived slight again! Hooray for your repression complex!

Austin Bronco Fan
01-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Good! I didn't like the Mora idea anyway.

Wouldn't mind at all if we ended up snaging Trgovak.

And MVP- Just because Mora left without a deal doesn't mean it was ultimately his idea. Maybe he demanded too much and the Denver brass kicked him to the curb?

BroncosMT
01-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Not according to Fox. It needs work but it is not in shambles. I'm glad Mora is deciding to leave town, I'd rather go with someone else who actually has a passion for the game and isn't an arrogent blowhard who likes hear himself talk...

Well said :approve:

edog24
01-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Good riddance, I did not want Mora!