PDA

View Full Version : Mora, Jr Interview

Rascal
01-18-2011, 11:32 AM
This interview occurred while he was HC of the Atlanta Falcons.

Interviewer: If it ever works out, if there's an opening, and you're available, we want you to coach the Huskies.

Mora: Well, I really have a lot of respect for Ty, and I know he'll do a great job. But if he ever decides to move on, and get in the NFL or you know, go back to Notre Dame or whatever, if that job's open you'll find me at the friggin' head of the line with my resume in my hand ready to take that job.

Interviewer: If you're available.

Mora: It doesn't even matter if I'm available.

Interviewer: So if you just won the Super Bowl, and it's available, you're there?

Mora: I'd be there

Interviewer: You're there, OK.

Mora: Dewey, I promise you that. Now, I want to see Ty succeed, and I want to see that program succeed. But if he decides at some point that he's ready to move on and they want me, I will be there. I don't care if we're in the middle of a playoff run, I'm packing my stuff and coming back to Seattle.

Interviewer: So, are you saying ...

Mora: You know, it's funny, and I mean that, and I'm dead serious, the further I get away from it the more I'm drawn to it. You know, that's the job I want, so...

Interviewer: You would leave the Falcons for that job?

Mora: Absolutely.

Interviewer: Wow.

Mora: As I'm sitting here, I'm looking at a Huskies helmet.

Homer Simpson
01-18-2011, 11:39 AM
So the Mane has it's new villain then?

Tim
01-18-2011, 11:43 AM
I remembered when this happened and he swore it was a joke

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 11:44 AM
So the Mane has it's new villain then?

Well, Broncos fans have to best themselves. Hate the last coach before he coached a game...we'll one up it, we hate the defensive coordinator before he signs the contract.

:afro:

tsiguy96
01-18-2011, 11:44 AM
I remembered when this happened and he swore it was a joke

yea i remember that too, but those are very strong words that he repeated multiple times for it to be a joke.

gyldenlove
01-18-2011, 11:50 AM
It if funny though, Petrino ran off despite saying he wouldn't, Mora said he would but never ran off.

Man-Goblin
01-18-2011, 11:53 AM
I heard he doesn't want to coach anywhere cold, either.

Tombstone RJ
01-18-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm wondering why the Huskies never hired Mora, yah know, with all his great experience and all and the fact that he just loves them Huskies...

gyldenlove
01-18-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm wondering why the Huskies never hired Mora, yah know, with all his great experience and all and the fact that he just loves them Huskies...

Maybe he loves them huskies a bit too much .... in the biblical sense.

Mr. Elway
01-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Also he didn't call TD back.

underrated29
01-18-2011, 12:37 PM
What they left off was, if his girlfriend was moving to South Carolina......He would up and leave for that.

Mile High Shack
01-18-2011, 12:43 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/akKjLWG0KG4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/akKjLWG0KG4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

damnit, I didn't see that someone brought up the old thread

Pontius Pirate
01-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Always good to have a strong #2 as a back-up for when the Broncos fire John Fox mid-way through next season.

footstepsfrom#27
01-18-2011, 03:36 PM
This guy is a real asshole...a total piece of crap human being. The more I think about it, that's what the defensive players need, or some of them anyway, a guy who will put a boot up their ass.