PDA

View Full Version : rams talk with mcd breaking down: MCD TO RAMS-deal is done

Pages : [1] 2

tsiguy96
01-18-2011, 08:29 AM
mcdaniels apparently NOT going to rams. weird turn of events, mcdaniels may not have an OC spot at all this year, with vikings apparently moving on too.

mortreport Chris Mortensen
Filed to ESPN: Rams' talks breaking down w McDaniels; Rams seek permission to talk to Falcons' Bill Musgrave & Vikings' Darrell Bevell

mortreport Chris Mortensen
Also filed to ESPN: Musgrave interviewing with Browns and Vikings over next 2 days for OC jobs; Bevell still in Vikes picture

Rohirrim
01-18-2011, 08:31 AM
In other news, Shift Keys Invented for Keyboards! New innovation sweeping the country.

Merlin
01-18-2011, 08:32 AM
That is surprising since according to people like you he was god's gift to coaching. Were you not posting less than a week ago that the jobs would pour in for him?

That One Guy
01-18-2011, 08:34 AM
In other news, Shift Keys Invented for Keyboards! New innovation sweeping the country.

He capitalized NOT and OC. Apparently it's just an all or nothing thing.

frerottenextelway
01-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Smart moves by Minnesota and St Louis IMO.

TheReverend
01-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Weird, I heard he'd be the most sought after OC on the market this year!

ROFL!

tsiguy96
01-18-2011, 08:41 AM
That is surprising since according to people like you he was god's gift to coaching. Were you not posting less than a week ago that the jobs would pour in for him?

i was quoting i think peter king, who said he will get his choice of OC spots. now as the week goes on, he may not have one at all.

TheReverend
01-18-2011, 08:44 AM
They probably just don't want to trade Bradford for Trent Edwards.

Mogulseeker
01-18-2011, 08:46 AM
**** it.... bring him in as a QB coach.

CEH
01-18-2011, 08:51 AM
It's called due-dillegence. Something we didn't do when Josh hired the video guy.

The NFL is a pretty tighted knit circle. Be interesting to know if both teams bail and why. It's one thing for one team to move on but two back to back something is up or maybe Josh just said BB wants me back in NE or maybe I'll just sit on my butt with Bowlen's money

strafen
01-18-2011, 08:54 AM
That freakin' idiot got no business being around any football team under any capacity.
Ban his ass from the NFL for incompentence!

lostknight
01-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Yeah, this does strike me as either Josh asking too much, or someone spiking his references. Knowing McDaniels, probably both.

RaiderH8r
01-18-2011, 08:59 AM

LOL

And the Rev wins the inertnetz.

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 09:05 AM
I heard he got arrested in St. Louis last night.

tsiguy96
01-18-2011, 09:07 AM
McDaniels appeared poised to replace Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur, who was hired as the Browns' new head coach. However, more than two days of talks did not produce a deal between the Rams and McDaniels, a surprising development that may have been derailed by the team's conservative fiscal approach, one source said. The talks could be revived but neither side appears optimistic.

McDaniels also is in conversation with other unidentified teams, according to another source.

The Falcons value Musgrave and view him as the potential successor to offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, who is considered a future head-coaching candidate. However, a team source said Falcons coach Mike Smith reluctantly granted permission for Musgrave to interview with the Browns and Vikings, although there was no guarantee Musgrave would accept those jobs even if offered a promotion.

The Rams, however, hold an attraction to quality coordinator candidates because of Bradford, who is expected to be named the NFL's Offensive Rookie of the Year.

another update

Archie
01-18-2011, 09:08 AM

Classic...

Drek
01-18-2011, 09:13 AM
Word in St. Louis is that Spagnuolo only wants to hire "his" guys. Right now Brad Childress is supposedly his front runner.

lostknight
01-18-2011, 09:14 AM

this.

TonyR
01-18-2011, 09:17 AM
another update

Sounds like it's about $$$.

Boomhauer
01-18-2011, 09:20 AM
These teams might be interested in him as a HC..........
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID4865/images/BGSU.jpg
http://serv01.siteground202.com/~c100blac/Joomla/images/logos/emu.jpg

Mile High Shack
01-18-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm not saying I was right, but I did say he will be out of football this year :)

Pony Boy
01-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Come on guys, he's just trying to find a mother-f***ing job.

CEH
01-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Maybe Josh and Ben can go back to McKinley High and teach Glee club

It's going to be real intrestesting to see if Ben gets another NFL job at the QB coach level or higher. Barone has been busted back down to TE coach where he is probably a good TE coach. Wink will end up with one of his buddies the Ryans but nowhere near a DC level.

BroncosMT
01-18-2011, 09:29 AM
He can afford to take the year off.....my guess is he will end up back with the Pats in some form.....

Kaylore
01-18-2011, 09:30 AM

LOL

Curious to see where he ends up.

TheReverend
01-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Maybe Josh and Ben can go back to McKinley High and teach Glee club

It's going to be real intrestesting to see if Ben get another NFL job at the QB coach level or higher. Barone has been busted back down to TE coach where he probably is a good TE coach. Wink will probably end up with one of his buddies the Ryans but nowhere near a DC level.

I'd love to see Wink stay on with the LBs

CEH
01-18-2011, 09:34 AM

Speaking of innovations sweeping the country

I heard there was a new type of gym revolutionizing the personal fitness market geared towards a "Less Intimating Workout environment"

I'd like to find out more about this

I'd love to see Wink stay on with the LBs

I think Wink is a quality defensive coach at the right level.

Rascal
01-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Grammar police? Wow.

Wink deserves to be the quality defensive coach for a high school team.

colonelbeef
01-18-2011, 09:42 AM
So Cutler gets to play at home in the NFCCG while the dick who traded him can't even find a coordinator position.

How embarrassing for McShambles

Mile High Shack
01-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Grammar police? Wow.

maybe a rec flag football team

Rohirrim
01-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Grammar police? Wow.

Just trying to be helpful. Using no caps creates threads and posts that look insignificant, like text messages. Maybe that's the effect he's after? ???

Dr. Broncenstein
01-18-2011, 10:27 AM
There is an opening in the lollipop guild, in case the football thing doesn't work out.

broncocalijohn
01-18-2011, 10:37 AM
mcdaniels apparently NOT going to rams. weird turn of events, mcdaniels may not have an OC spot at all this year, with vikings apparently moving on too.

Can you at least give us all (1) of the Broncos players that tweeted for him to be hired back in the organization?

tsiguy96
01-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Can you at least give us all (1) of the Broncos players that tweeted for him to be hired back in the organization?

i dont know if fired coaches ever get support to be "hired back" into any team? they get fired for a reason, and im sure the players understand why.

broncocalijohn
01-18-2011, 10:41 AM
i dont know if fired coaches ever get support to be "hired back" into any team? they get fired for a reason, and im sure the players understand why.

You know, I didnt expect you to actually respond to this. Ripping on your December 4th thread on all the support he had via tweeter and then you gave us one is the mockery I was trying to make. You answering it though is touching as I was making fun of you. TSI, that post was tongue in cheek.

broncosteven
01-18-2011, 10:42 AM

There is also this great World Wide InTeRWEbs invention that was actually built into the Tubeing of Al Gores Information super highway called Hyperlinks.

They are free to use and help people link to other documents which was the whole premise of DARPA funding the project of connecting Universities so that data could be linked and shared.

TSI is lucky we still don't need to use Gopher to find data anymore!

tsiguy96
01-18-2011, 10:43 AM
You know, I didnt expect you to actually respond to this. Ripping on your December 4th thread on all the support he had via tweeter and then you gave us one is the mockery I was trying to make. You answering it though is touching as I was making fun of you. TSI, that post was tongue in cheek.

he did have support, i gave you quotes of what they actually said at the time. not much to really debate about actual quotes from them.

SoonerBronco
01-18-2011, 10:56 AM

Out freaking standing....

tsiguy96
01-18-2011, 03:20 PM
bump

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
RT @mortreport: Filed by myself and @AdamSchefter to ESPN: McDaniels to Rams as offensive coordinator is now a done deal.

Tombstone RJ
01-18-2011, 03:24 PM
How ironic. McD is now working for the coach that many wanted in the first place (including myself) Steve Spagnola... I wonder if they are transitioning to a spread offense....

Inkana7
Heh. Oh, the Mane..

Man-Goblin
Welcome to the 700 club Stephen Jackson!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-18-2011, 03:28 PM
bump

AdamSchefter @mortreport: Filed by myself

I hear Mort is wiping his own ass now, as well.

OrangeSe7en
01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
There is an opening in the lollipop guild, in case the football thing doesn't work out.

I think I also saw that Darby O'Gill put a help wanted ad in the paper.

That One Guy
01-18-2011, 03:40 PM
These teams might be interested in him as a HC..........
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID4865/images/BGSU.jpg
http://serv01.siteground202.com/~c100blac/Joomla/images/logos/emu.jpg

Hey, I'm a football fan now because of the free tickets I used to get to Eastern Michigan games as a kid. Never was into watching sports until they gave those tickets and we got into it.

Since EMU could never win (Charlie Batch was the school's pride and joy back then), we rooted for Michigan in the significant games. Broncos' orange and blue was closest to Michigan's yellow and blue so when we kids were picking our teams to root for, I went with the Broncos as my team.

And now you know my story. I'll always have a soft spot for the emus.

OBF1
01-18-2011, 03:46 PM
This again proves that 92.6 percent of the Orangemane poster do not know sh it about football or what is going on behind the scenes, No matter how much the want to act like they do.

Well played

OBF1
01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Now on ESPN.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6034987

schaaf
01-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Feel sorry for Stephen Jackson he's a good back that now won't be utilized at all

JDB7821
01-18-2011, 03:49 PM
Now if the Rams bring in Julio Jones they could have a pretty nice offense.

WolfpackGuy
01-18-2011, 03:50 PM
*yawn*

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the "Most predictable show on turf."

tsiguy96
01-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Feel sorry for Stephen Jackson he's a good back that now won't be utilized at all

hes a really, really good back whos been worked to hell the last few years, maybe decreasing the load on him and increasing the passing attack will make him more productive. i dont think a guy like spags would allow him to abandon the run.

mustangtoby
01-18-2011, 03:53 PM
I just wanna know who their gonna trade Bradford for...

JDB7821
01-18-2011, 03:54 PM
I just wanna know who their gonna trade Bradford for...

I hear Kyle Orton is on the block.

Homer Simpson
01-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Thats the end to the Tebow rumors then.

Popps
01-18-2011, 04:02 PM

ROFL!

Whoops.

Jetmeck
01-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Look you guys have to take this guy back to Colorado, I can't have him in my home state of Missouri !

Play2win
01-18-2011, 04:05 PM
McD = Mike Martz ???

Tombstone RJ
01-18-2011, 04:23 PM
It will be interesting to see what McD can do with Bradford...

Play2win
01-18-2011, 04:30 PM

It will be interesting what he can with NO Lloyd...

UberBroncoMan
01-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Wish he ended up in Seattle or Minni. Might have been able to send off Orton for a 2nd then.

bombay
01-18-2011, 04:35 PM

Bradford isn't a project like Cassell. I like the kid and hope McD doesn't feel that he has to put his stamp on him.

~Crash~
01-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Come on guys, he's just trying to find a mother-****ing job.

someone pull up the jobs photos , We need to find the poor bastard a job.

elsid13
01-18-2011, 04:45 PM
someone pull up the jobs photos , We need to find the poor bastard a job.

Like it that hard for midget tranny to find work. Hell I am sure Spider will pay him $2.50 for an hour worth of work.

HooptyHoops
01-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Looks like Rams will be drafting some WR's!!

oubronco
01-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Man I hope he doesn't ruin Bradford

Boobs McGee
01-18-2011, 04:57 PM

No matter how much dislike is hurled towards Mcd, the thing we all know he can do is coach up qb's. I'm guessing that's one of the reasons he was so appealing in the Rams' coaching search...probly want him to come in and make Bradford into a super talent.

ps the next time your in colorado hit me up and that autographed ball is yours :thumbs:

UberBroncoMan
01-18-2011, 05:01 PM

Quite the opposite is going to happen. Dude couldn't handle being an HC. He's an absolutely amazing QB coach, and OC at that. Had Josh never come here and some other dude ****ed up I'd be all for Josh coming here as the OC over McCoy.

Rohirrim
01-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Can we trade them Maroney for Jackson straight up?

broncogary
01-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Can we trade them Maroney for Jackson straight up?

No, we'd have to throw in a 6th.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Look at all the idiots in this thread making fools of themselves jumping the gun like a typical dumb **** broncos fan. It's gonna be funny when Bradford puts up top qb numbers next season and completely shatters Tim Tebow numbers. Bradford is going to make Tebow look like a scrub with the coaching staff in Denver.

Y'all continue with the jokes tho.

Hopefully Mcdaniels deals Bradford for tebow.

Maybe then Denver would have a real QB and not hope for luck next season.

Pathetic piece of **** fans.

LOL LOL Ha! Ha!

strafen
01-18-2011, 05:16 PM
There are rumors now they're starting to talk now.
It could be possible that the breakdown in the negotiations had something to do with McDaniels wanting power in personnel decisions Ha!

Los Broncos
01-18-2011, 05:17 PM

There it is.

Boobs McGee
01-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Look at all the idiots in this thread making fools of themselves jumping the gun like a typical dumb **** broncos fan. It's gonna be funny when Bradford puts up top qb numbers next season and completely shatters Tim Tebow numbers. Bradford is going to make Tebow look like a scrub with the coaching staff in Denver.

LOL LOL Ha! Ha!

holy **** dude, I'm a McD nuthugger but you seem like his GD boyfriend. Obsess much? Go find a new hobby

serious hops
01-18-2011, 05:18 PM

LOL LOL Ha! Ha!

Do you actually enjoy being a complete assbag, or can you just not help yourself?

Homer Simpson
01-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Looks like Rams will be drafting some WR's!!

Perhaps trading for some?

Hamrob
01-18-2011, 05:21 PM

LOL LOL Ha! Ha!Dude, you're the biggest joke on these boards! Feel free to jump out of McD's jock any day now.

Smart decision by McD. Bradford is the real deal and has 70% accuracy capability. A year with Bradford and he'll get another HC shot.

DrFate
01-18-2011, 05:22 PM
I do not see this ending well...

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 05:24 PM
holy **** dude, I'm a McD nuthugger but you seem like his GD boyfriend. Obsess much? Go find a new hobby

Honestly it's less to do with that and more to do with the situation.

If he ended up going to Vikings, Niners, Raiders I really wouldn't be as high.

Bradford fits the perfect QB mold for McDaniels system.

Insanely accurate with his short-med passes super quick release extremely smart...

If you don't believe me wait for Drek to chime in on what he thinks MCDaniels will do with Bradford.

Gort
01-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Look at all the idiots in this thread making fools of themselves jumping the gun like a typical dumb **** broncos fan.

Dear MVPlaya,

Please kill yourself. Thank You.

Signed,

The World

TDmvp
01-18-2011, 05:33 PM

He's the mane's resident retard .

Basically the only reason his isn't banned I figure is he makes a great whipping boy for the regulars if you need to kill a couple hours watching some moron dance...

It's really good times , and I highly suggest it for anyone when you are bored waiting on life to move on , just stir up the The MVPlaya for a while and watch him cuss and rant and call people stupid and bang his head into the wall like a pituitary retard.

Like the people who don't have him on ignore even read what he says or isn't just baiting him for a good laugh.

He's Gonzolays (former Mane member for those not around then) minus the racism basically.

OBF1
01-18-2011, 05:36 PM
This message is hidden because The MVPlaya is on your ignore list.

I would rather watch american idol than see anymore of this douchebags rants.

crush17
01-18-2011, 05:36 PM
MVPlaya = flava clown

TDmvp
01-18-2011, 05:39 PM
This message is hidden because The MVPlaya is on your ignore list.

I would rather watch american idol than see anymore of this douchebags rants.

Totally ... And I hate American Idol with a passion that burns deep within my soul like the sun.

GoBroncos84
01-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Undoubtedly hurt feelings and bitterness over what transpired here the last 2 seasons, but putting all of that aside and judging this situation as objectively as possible: Very smart move by the Rams. McD can coach and develop QBs. This helps Bradford take the step towards elite within a few years, IMO. There's a good chance he would have gotten there anyway, but this increases the chances and expedites the growth process. Keep McDaniels far away from personnel decisions and they will succeed.

DenverBrit
01-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Excellent for Sam Bradford and the Rams offense.

McPoopypants has moved on, so must we.

vancejohnson82
01-18-2011, 05:43 PM

LOL LOL Ha! Ha!

why the hate for Tebow? I think thats a piece of **** fan statement to make

baja
01-18-2011, 05:45 PM

ROFL!

And the rev nails another one. Not!

5 teams were interested in him. Weird huh?

schaaf
01-18-2011, 05:46 PM

Insanely accurate with his short-med passes super quick release extremely smart...

If you don't believe me wait for Drek to chime in on what he thinks MCDaniels will do with Bradford.

Dude I felt sorry for you for a little bit, but I now realized that you are a complete douchebag.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 05:48 PM
why the hate for Tebow? I think thats a piece of **** fan statement to make

Please read again. I dont hate Tebow.

I'm a very big fan of Tebow.

That doesn't mean I need to get detached from reality tho.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Dude I felt sorry for you for a little bit, but I now realized that you are a complete douchebag.

Felt sorry becausE why? Because everyone completely derails from talking about foOtball when they respond to me?

vancejohnson82
01-18-2011, 05:54 PM
" I hope they trade Tebow for Bradford. Maybe Denver will have a real quarterback next season"

thats a ringing endorsement of our guy right there

broncosteven
01-18-2011, 05:55 PM

Good, now you can change you avatar to blue and yellow and find a Ram board to join!

You can post all your seething vitriol about how bad the Bronco fanbase over there every 4 years that we play each other.

baja
01-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Please read again. I dont hate Tebow.

I'm a very big fan of Tebow.

That doesn't mean I need to get detached from reality tho.

Things could turn out as you say just as easy as the way the herd mentality is assuming. E.I. McD will fail and Tebow will be the next Elway. Time will tell.

Personally I think they both will do very well. Tebow will show when you have "It" that translates into success in every life endeavor including NFL QB and McD IMO is poised to mimic Shanny's career in the sense he will be an OC for a season or two then get another HC gig and do very very well.

The other thing I will predict is I will get shiit for this post. Something about "old" people i'd imagine. ;D

schaaf
01-18-2011, 05:57 PM

LOL LOL Ha! Ha!

I hate to break it to ya, this is not talking football or being a true fan at all. Why can't you support a rookie quarterback that has the potential to be amazing to Denver and to Bronco's fans even the dip****s like you.

GoBroncos84
01-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Things could turn out as you say just as easy as the way the herd mentality is assuming. E.I. McD will fail and Tebow will be the next Elway. Time will tell.

Personally I think they both will do very well. Tebow will show when you have "It" that translates into success in every life endeavor including NFL QB and McD IMO is poised to mimic Shanny's career in the sense he will be an OC for a season or two then get another HC gig and do very very well.

The other thing I will predict is I will get shiit for this post. Something about "old" people i'd imagine. ;D

I agree with you 100%. Tebow has "it", we just have to develop the basics with him. McD will be one hell of a coach someday after learning his lessons here. It's unfortunate we got him on his first job instead of having another team hire him first. But what's done is done, we have to move on and look forward.

SouthStndJunkie
01-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Smart move by the Rams....Josh wasn't ready to be a head coach, but he knows how to coach QBs and the passing game.

SouthStndJunkie
01-18-2011, 06:15 PM
Smart move by Josh as well....he is going to a team with a QB that he can groom....this will help to rebuild Josh's reputation.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 06:15 PM
" I hope they trade Tebow for Bradford. Maybe Denver will have a real quarterback next season"

thats a ringing endorsement of our guy right there

That was a play on the previous line.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 06:26 PM

Since it's the future, anything can happen you're right. I can win the lottery with the next drawing too.

However, I think Tebow will succeed in this league based on what he's about. I strongly believe in hard work over talent, however Tebow has both. I just don't think the current coaching staff can bring the best out of Tebow. John Fox is a defensive coach, and Jimmy Clausen looked absolutely horrible last season considering he was more NFL ready than Tebow and ran a pro offense in college (similar system to the one ran in Carolina). He was argued to be just as ready for the NFL as Bradford was.

The Broncos have great offensive weapons. That will be Tebow's advantage, at least for this upcoming season.

But when you're looking from a subjective basis: even Elway couldn't find many positive things to say about Tebow's QB'ing skills. When asked about Tebow he talked about him as a football player, but when talking about his throwing skills Elway really never said anything positive. This tells me Tebow needs a strong mentor, and a strong QB staff to really bring him to an elite level. Let's be real, that's where we all want Tebow to be.

During the draft last year, and watching Sam in college, his game translates almost directly to McDaniels offense. Extremely accurate, extremely smart. Add that quick release, and you got an elite QB in the making.

Bradford will blossom before Tebow will... that's for damn sure.

However, for Tebow to become elite (didn't want to use a flower metaphor here), he needs an offensive mind behind him.

baja
01-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Since it's the future, anything can happen you're right. I can win the lottery with the next drawing too.

However, I think Tebow will succeed in this league based on what he's about. I strongly believe in hard work over talent, however Tebow has both. I just don't think the current coaching staff can bring the best out of Tebow. John Fox is a defensive coach, and Jimmy Clausen looked absolutely horrible last season considering he was more NFL ready than Tebow and ran a pro offense in college (similar system to the one ran in Carolina). He was argued to be just as ready for the NFL as Bradford was.

The Broncos have great offensive weapons. That will be Tebow's advantage, at least for this upcoming season.

But when you're looking from a subjective basis: even Elway couldn't find many positive things to say about Tebow's QB'ing skills. When asked about Tebow he talked about him as a football player, but when talking about his throwing skills Elway really never said anything positive.<b> This tells me Tebow needs a strong mentor, and a strong QB staff to really bring him to an elite level. </b>Let's be real, that's where we all want Tebow to be.

During the draft last year, and watching Sam in college, his game translates almost directly to McDaniels offense. Extremely accurate, extremely smart. Add that quick release, and you got an elite QB in the making.

Bradford will blossom before Tebow will... that's for damn sure.

However, for Tebow to become elite (didn't want to use a flower metaphor here), he needs an offensive mind behind him.

You really think John Elway & John Fox don't get that and you do?

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 06:35 PM
You really think John Elway & John Fox don't get that and you do?

John Elway probably knows this.. John Fox... well... that's a different story.

baja
01-18-2011, 06:40 PM
John Elway probably knows this.. John Fox... well... that's a different story.

Out of 7 billion people on the planet John Fox is in a fraternity of 32 chosen to lead an NFL team and you think that somehow he doesn't understand that Tebow needs a lot of coaching up yet you do.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Out of 7 billion people on the planet John Fox is in a fraternity of 32 chosen to lead an NFL team and you think that somehow he doesn't understand that Tebow needs a lot of coaching up yet you do.

Right... because that's what I said...

Blueflame
01-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Smart move by Josh as well....he is going to a team with a QB that he can groom....this will help to rebuild Josh's reputation.

... and the 9'ers can still be on the lookout for video cameras... only now it'll be twice a year. :P

baja
01-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Right... because that's what I said...

Maybe you are carzy

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Maybe you are carzy

Maybe...

Honestly though, you bolded what I said.. I said he needs a strong offensive mind behind him, that's much more specific and deeper than just coaching.

Mike McCoy doesn't fit that bill.

Think about it...you need continuity on offense/defense in order to reach the elite level...

Do you REALLY think McCoy will excel and be here for 3-5+ years?

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Maybe...

Honestly though, you bolded what I said.. I said he needs a strong offensive mind behind him, that's much more specific and deeper than just coaching.

Think about it...you need continuity on offense/defense in order to reach the elite level...

He helped take Jake Delhomme to a Super Bowl as his quarterback coach...just saying...trying to be positive...

Dukes
01-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Two years ago who would have thought McDaniels would be working for Spags? Weird turn of events. This move could make Bradford a top 10 qb next year

maven
01-18-2011, 06:57 PM
However, I think Tebow will succeed in this league based on what he's about. I strongly believe in hard work over talent, however Tebow has both.

I think Tebow has a great work ethic and lacks the talent. So no, he doesn't have both. And forget about hard work over talent. I'd rather have hard work and talent.

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Two years ago who would have thought McDaniels would be working for Spags? Weird turn of events. This move could make Bradford a top 10 qb next year

I, to be completely honest, am curious how lex feels about this.

No joke. I'd actually like to hear his opinion on this.

baja
01-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Maybe...

Actually I do. There were 4 teams ready to snap up McCoy if we didn't resign him. I agree with you about continuity and Fox has done a marvelous job of it. He kept 6, count um 6, coaches from the previous staff. That is rare. Most of the change is on defense, the place where we have the most problems. I think they have made a beautiful transition don't you?

OrangeSe7en
01-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Isn't Brandon Lloyd from St Louis? Maybe we should try to sign him to a longer term deal or try to trade him to St Louis now or risk having him go there when his current deal runs out?

Play2win
01-18-2011, 07:41 PM
I do not see this ending well...

Pretty much true of any thread LVPlaya starts posting in.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 08:21 PM
He helped take Jake Delhomme to a Super Bowl as his quarterback coach...just saying...trying to be positive...

He helped the team make the super bowl... he didn't do much for delhomme as you can see his career has gone into oblivion after 3-4 seasons. Look at Delhomme's numbers that year.

Not saying that Fox can't coach QBs or anything of that nature...

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Actually I do. There were 4 teams ready to snap up McCoy if we didn't resign him. I agree with you about continuity and Fox has done a marvelous job of it. He kept 6, count um 6, coaches from the previous staff. That is rare. Most of the change is on defense, the place where we have the most problems. I think they have made a beautiful transition don't you?

What 4 teams were so desperate for McCoy?

OABB
01-18-2011, 08:44 PM
I think Tebow has a great work ethic and lacks the talent. So no, he doesn't have both. And forget about hard work over talent. I'd rather have hard work and talent.

Yeah. Tebow has no talent. Good call. Have you ever thought about being a scout? You have a gift.

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 08:52 PM

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/148472-1/Okay_wtf_reaction.gif?

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 08:58 PM
You are a miserable **** right now Playa.

broncocalijohn
01-18-2011, 09:10 PM

Why would he ruin him? McD did something correct and that was make Orton more exciting as a QB. If anything, Bradford will be better under McDaniels. As long as McD knows he is an OC and not try to **** up the franchise, he should be ok. Perfect division to start over too.

broncocalijohn
01-18-2011, 09:12 PM
MVPlaya = flava clown

Brandon Marshall does not approve of this statement.

listopencil
01-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Why would he ruin him? McD did something correct and that was make Orton more exciting as a QB. If anything, Bradford will be better under McDaniels. As long as McD knows he is an OC and not try to **** up the franchise, he should be ok. Perfect division to start over too.

I think McD is going to make the Rams better. Schadenfreude is fun, and I engage in it as much as the next guy, but I'm trying to be realistic. If the Mayor of your town hires a monkey to be your Fire Chief, and your house burns down, do you blame the monkey or the Mayor?

strafen
01-18-2011, 10:57 PM
I think McD is going to make the Rams better. Schadenfreude is fun, and I engage in it as much as the next guy, but I'm trying to be realistic. If the Mayor of your town hires a monkey to be your Fire Chief, and your house burns down, do you blame the monkey or the Mayor?Based on what?
NE has not missed him, and certainly he didn't make us better...

The MVPlaya
01-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Based on what?

Last time the Patriots and Brady have won a playoff game was with McDaniels.

listopencil
01-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Based on what?

Based on the production of Orton and our WR's with the knowledge that he will have someone overseeing him. It's fairly obvious, but go ahead and wallow in the hate. I couldn't give a **** less.

NhocCuteGirlz
01-18-2011, 11:05 PM

broncocalijohn
01-18-2011, 11:27 PM

Hey newbie above, what was your point on your post?

EDIT: DAMN! His was last on page 5. Ill go get it.

Blueflame
01-19-2011, 01:41 AM
You are a miserable **** right now Playa.

Unfortunately it would be abuse of mod powers to change his username to PMSPlaya... so I won't. But it's the thought that counts. :P Ha!

fontaine
01-19-2011, 02:27 AM
This is a good move for McD. He's back in his place coaching QBs and the passing game with someone in charge to give him a swift kick in the balls every time he thinks about getting out of line like starting a bunch or rookies or practice squad nobodies along the OL, trading for Maroney etc.

It's too bad for him but some people just do better when they're not given a lot of responsibility and some other guy is in charge to give them a boot up the a$$ and point to the right direction.

McD is a lot like a donkey in that regard.

The MVPlaya
01-19-2011, 03:54 AM
he thinks about getting out of line like starting a bunch or rookies or practice squad nobodies along the OL, trading for Maroney etc.

What the hell? Now rookie OL aren't suppose to start?

Shame on Shanahan for starting Clady.

Shame on the Steelers starting Pouncey.

HAT
01-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Based on what?

lolwut?

go_broncos
01-19-2011, 06:38 AM
this is not good news..
I was hoping that KC will hire him as their OC.

Kaylore
01-19-2011, 06:42 AM
this is not good news..
Why? Why would you want him making Cassel into something decent again? A coordinator is a perfect position for McD because he can just coach and not mess with personnel.

_Oro_
01-19-2011, 06:44 AM
What the hell? Now rookie OL aren't suppose to start?

Shame on Shanahan for starting Clady.

Shame on the Steelers starting Pouncey.

So you're saying Walton and Beadles are the same caliber of players as Clady and Pouncey?

TheReverend
01-19-2011, 06:51 AM
Whoops.

Not really. You're aware almost a half dozen other OCs have been hired first, and that every place he has coaching ties to wasn't even interested in giving him an interview, right?

baja
01-19-2011, 06:57 AM
Not really. You're aware almost a half dozen other OCs have been hired first, and that every place he has coaching ties to wasn't even interested in giving him an interview, right?

You mean like NE where they were still playing. You make it sound like he has ties all over the league, name them.

jhns
01-19-2011, 07:09 AM
I like how there are still McDaniels defenders here. It makes me laugh. It is like some fans don't even care about this team and what he did to it...

baja
01-19-2011, 07:32 AM
I like how there are still McDaniels defenders here. It makes me laugh. It is like some fans don't even care about this team and what he did to it...

You seem to be able to only see the red light or the green light while most of the world operates under the yellow light.

You don't know what I'm talking about do you.

jhns
01-19-2011, 07:37 AM
You seem to be able to only see the red light or the green light while most of the world operates under the yellow light.

Sure I do. You enjoy golden showers. I say, to each their own.

schaaf
01-19-2011, 07:49 AM

You're talking about traffic signals of course :approve:

Mile High Shack
01-19-2011, 07:51 AM
I was wrong...oh well

I think he'll be a decent OC

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-19-2011, 08:10 AM
this is not good news..
I was hoping that KC will hire him as their OC.

If this is true, you're dumber than anyone even thought. The ONE thing that he's shown is that he can coordinate a damn good offense, and you WANT him going to a division rival?

Christ, what a retard.

bendog
01-19-2011, 08:20 AM
As long as he can't talk them into trading Bradford for Cassel/Horton, it may work out.

Drek
01-19-2011, 08:23 AM
As long as he can't talk them into trading Bradford for Cassel/Horton, it may work out.

Trading Jay Cutler was the single most intelligent thing Josh McDaniels has done in his entire career, including being the OC of the NFL's best single season offense in 2007.

baja
01-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Trading Jay Cutler was the single most intelligent thing Josh McDaniels has done in his entire career, including being the OC of the NFL's best single season offense in 2007.

Marshall is up there too.

bendog
01-19-2011, 08:25 AM

it worked out so well for Denver. i'm not surprised you're still washing tiny's jock

jhns
01-19-2011, 08:33 AM

LOL

See what I mean about McDaniels fans? They can't move on because they argued themselves into such deep holes. Now they would have to admit to how dumb they have been over the past two years in order to live in reality...

It is funny though. "Giving away a young pro bowl QB was the bestest move ever! Don't you see how we have improved from it? I mean, you don't just become the worst you have ever been by chance! Yes, it was a great day for this franchise!"

.... The reality is, he is a good QB that should have never been traded. The reality is, all of this crying about personality is dumb. For one, no one that has worked with Jay has had a problem with him outside of McDaniels. The second point is that these are football players. Even if you hate his personality, who cares? He wasn't going to date you anyways...

go_broncos
01-19-2011, 08:34 AM
If this is true, you're dumber than anyone even thought. The ONE thing that he's shown is that he can coordinate a damn good offense, and you WANT him going to a division rival?

Christ, what a retard.

You used to support blindly whatever josh used to do and you are calling me dumb..
Any one that supported him or still supports him is the biggest idiot in this planet.

When you say he can coordinate good offense..what do you mean???
what did he do special with our offense?
he doesn't value running game and we don't pass the ball to TE's.

That idiot ruined the team and you are still supporting him.

go_broncos
01-19-2011, 08:35 AM
LOL

See what I mean about McDaniels fans? They can't move on because they argued themselves into such deep holes. Now they would have to admit to how dumb they have been over the past two years in order to live in reality...

It is funny though. "Giving away a young pro bowl QB was the bestest move ever! Don't you see how we have improved from it? I mean, you don't just become the worst you have ever been by chance! Yes, it was a great day for this franchise!"

.... The reality is, he is a good QB that should have never been traded. The reality is, all of this crying about personality is dumb. For one, no one that has worked with Jay has had a problem with him outside of McDaniels. The second point is that these are football players. Even if you hate his personality, who cares? He wasn't going to date you anyways...

They still think Mcd is a good coach..Ha!

jhns
01-19-2011, 08:38 AM
You used to support blindly whatever josh used to do and you are calling me dumb..
Any one that supported him or still supports him is the biggest idiot in this planet.

They think he is special because he did something with the most talented offense of the modern era. Who cares that when he doesn't have all that talent, he is complete crap. The Rams will find that out soon enough. They just made one of the biggest offensive weapons, Steven Jackson, completely useless.

go_broncos
01-19-2011, 08:38 AM
Why? Why would you want him making Cassel into something decent again? A coordinator is a perfect position for McD because he can just coach and not mess with personnel.

He is not a good OC..He will be fired after 2 years..

baja
01-19-2011, 08:44 AM
They still think Mcd is a good coach..Ha!

So do the Rams and the Seahawks

go_broncos
01-19-2011, 08:45 AM
So do the Rams and the Seahawks

Baja..don't worry..he will be fired in 2 seasons.

Drek
01-19-2011, 08:48 AM
it worked out so well for Denver. i'm not surprised you're still washing tiny's jock

So if we had Cutler instead of Orton at QB this year we would have gone something other than 4-12?

Jay Cutler, the guy who's never won a big game in his life?

The guy who last year threw a half dozen more picks than any other QB in the NFL?

Who this year had to change himself into a conservative passer only to recreate his 2nd year numbers in his 5th season? Those numbers firmly planting him in the mid-teens statistically in most passing categories?

He's a middle of the road QB. We traded him for a franchise QB level package that will once again pay off this year when we trade Kyle Orton for a mid-round draft pick. Three consecutive years in which dealing Cutler will deliver us additional picks.

Getting that kind of value out of a mid-level player is genius. McDaniels made a **** ton of mistakes here, but dealing Cutler wasn't one of them.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-19-2011, 08:51 AM

Christ, you are ****ing stupid. Just shut the **** up, you look and sound like a goddamn retard. Maybe you are a retard. Would certainly make sense with your "football takes."

Look you pathetic waste of oxygen: He coordinated the most prolific offense IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. Not only that, when paired with Cassel the offense barely lost a step, went 11-5 and just missed the playoffs. THAT is what I mean when I say "he can coordinate a good offense." I say that because he's coordinated a good offense before. And you want him to go to a division rival to coordinate THEIR offense? Are you ****ing stupid? Or do you just not pay attention to anything but flicking your peter?

You're a ****ing child, and you have absolutely zero business attempting to talk football on this or any other message board. You know NOTHING about football whatsoever. Shut. The ****. Up.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Baja..don't worry..he will be fired in 2 seasons.

Translation: "DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I LIKE FUT BALL DURRRRRRRRR"

****ing dumb****.

go_broncos
01-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Christ, you are ****ing stupid. Just shut the **** up, you look and sound like a goddamn retard. Maybe you are a retard. Would certainly make sense with your "football takes."

Look you pathetic waste of oxygen: He coordinated the most prolific offense IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. Not only that, when paired with Cassel the offense barely lost a step, went 11-5 and just missed the playoffs. THAT is what I mean when I say "he can coordinate a good offense." I say that because he's coordinated a good offense before. And you want him to go to a division rival to coordinate THEIR offense? Are you ****ing stupid? Or do you just not pay attention to anything but flicking your peter?

You're a ****ing child, and you have absolutely zero business attempting to talk football on this or any other message board. You know NOTHING about football whatsoever. Shut. The ****. Up.

says the guy that supported Mcd blindly..Hilarious!

go_broncos
01-19-2011, 08:53 AM
Translation: "DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I LIKE FUT BALL DURRRRRRRRR"

****ing dumb****.

Says the guy who supported Mcd..

TheReverend
01-19-2011, 08:55 AM
So if we had Cutler instead of Orton at QB this year we would have gone something other than 4-12?

He won 8 with a comparable defense against a much tougher schedule and lost the division to a tie breaker, actually.

He's in the NFCCG...

The guy who last year threw a half dozen more picks than any other QB in the NFL?

Drew Brees threw a half dozen more than Cutler this year. He must be awful.

Who this year had to change himself into a conservative passer only to recreate his 2nd year numbers in his 5th season? Those numbers firmly planting him in the mid-teens statistically in most passing categories?

He's #6 in ypa... Johnny Knox, their only legit receiver, had 19 ypc. Conservative? Ha!

He's a middle of the road QB. We traded him for a franchise QB level package that will once again pay off this year when we trade Kyle Orton for a mid-round draft pick. Three consecutive years in which dealing Cutler will deliver us additional picks.

It only pays off if these kids start making something of themselves. At the moment, it's absolutely been a landslide in Chicago's favor.

Getting that kind of value out of a mid-level player is genius. McDaniels made a **** ton of mistakes here, but dealing Cutler wasn't one of them.

See above.

jhns
01-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Says the guy who supported Mcd..

Isn't it funny? I love seeing people that claimed McDaniels was doing a good job tell others how dumb they are. I'm not at all qualified to work in the NFL and it was very easy for me to see the huge mistakes being made.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-19-2011, 08:58 AM
says the guy that supported Mcd blindly..Hilarious!

You can't come back with any facts. You're a ****ing piece of ****. I promise, if you leave, you won't be missed.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Isn't it funny? I love seeing people that claimed McDaniels was doing a good job tell others how dumb they are. I'm not at all qualified to work in the NFL and it was very easy for me to see the huge mistakes being made.

So McDaniels WASN'T a successful offensive coordinator? Interesting. Strong take. You and go_broncos should have really stupid babies together.

TheReverend
01-19-2011, 09:03 AM
So McDaniels WASN'T a successful offensive coordinator? Interesting. Strong take. You and go_broncos should have really stupid babies together.

To be fair, he did nothing but regress the Denver offense since he arrived. You're more than welcome to cite his work in New England, but after his failures here, I do have to question how much of that was Belicheck.

Miss I.
01-19-2011, 09:03 AM
Elusive Kyle, I would seriously suggest you retract your last post. Wishing someone ill in the manner in which you did it I believe is a bannable offense, not to mention just going beyond what is necessary. And before you go off on me, I actually mean this post kindly. Please respect that.

strafen
01-19-2011, 09:04 AM

Getting that kind of value out of a mid-level player is genius. McDaniels made a **** ton of mistakes here, but dealing Cutler wasn't one of them.There are a lot of people here that kiss your ass and think you're the greatest poster in the world. Perhaps is because you say the things they want to hear.

I however think, your credibility goes out the window by your one-sided arguments that are in most cases biased or have an agenda attached to it.

And then you're proudly pointing out the brilliance of Mcdaniels for having acquired extra picks in the dealing of Cutler.
What did we do with those picks?
The defense and the whole team is far off worse than it's been in years!
And you're talking like what Mcdaniels did here was a great thing.
You're too biased to be taken seriously

Case in point. How can you say with a straight face Cutler is a middle of the road QB?
Are you serious, or is it a hate and bias dominating your argument?
Cutler could well go to the SB and win it this year. Just like any other QB in the play-offs right now.
It's the people like you that I would love for Cutler to do well and win the SB.
I'm sure the credit will be given to the defense or any other reason you'll see fitting your argument.
They said in Chicago, they were a QB away from being a good team. Guess what?
They've got their QB and one with a lot of potential.
Wake up out of that deep denial you're living dude. Reality will eventually slap you in the face...

Drek
01-19-2011, 09:06 AM
He won 8 with a comparable defense, actually.
And a far healthier offense around him. Not to mention Mike Shanahan as the HC. You're always extolling the virtues of Mike Shanahan around here. So which is it? Did Cutler make the team 4 games better or did Shanahan?

I personally lean towards Shanahan. He's got a long track record of his teams out performing their talent level.

He's in the NFCCG...
Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. So does Brad Johnson.

Drew Brees threw a half dozen more than Cutler this year. He must be awful.
And the guy who led the league only had three more than the next guy behind him, which would be the real comparison here, FYI. How far did you outstrip the entire field with your willingness to give the ball away.

He's #6 in ypa... Johnny Knox, their only legit receiver, had 19 ypc. Conservative? Ha!
Jay Cutler's NFL rank for pass attempts in a season:
07 - 12th
08 - 2nd
09 - 4th
10 - 20th

Sounds like a more conservative approach to me. But lets see how many more cherries you can pick before the branches are bare.

It only pays off if these kids start making something of themselves. At the moment, it's absolutely been a landslide in Chicago's favor.
Sure didn't look that way this time last year, did it?

And I didn't say he then spent all those picks wisely. I just said that trading Cutler was a brilliant move of extracting maximum value. Is inability to make something special happen with all that extra draft value is a big part of why he isn't here anymore (that and being an anti-social douche of a human being).

I look forward to your next intellectually dishonest reply.

jhns
01-19-2011, 09:08 AM

Maybe we should. We can call them all go_jhns. I like it.

Sure, he had two successful seasons with the most talented offense in the modern era of football. Good for him. He completely sucked here with different players. He actually made the offense worse than it was... Your "fact" that they didn't fall off with Cassel is a funny one. I mean, I would much rather have 6550 yards and 75 TDs than 5850 yards and 43 TDs.

ghostofjosh
01-19-2011, 09:12 AM

So what are you tyring to say?Hilarious!

Gutless Drunk
01-19-2011, 09:13 AM
To be fair, he did nothing but regress the Denver offense since he arrived. You're more than welcome to cite his work in New England, but after his failures here, I do have to question how much of that was Belicheck.

I don't know why people continually act like his Bronco offenses were good. They weren't. 14th in yards and 19th in scoring. Juggernaut!

He was good in New England (a lot of people are) and he sucked here... I guess we will be able to judge better after the Rams. Although he was smart in hitching himself to Bradford.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-19-2011, 09:15 AM

I get that, but you're comparing apples and tangerines.

In Denver, he was the HC, not the OC.

In New England, where he had his success, he was the OC.

In Saint Louis, he'll be the OC.

This thread is about him being hired as the OC in Saint Louis.

Shoemaker
01-19-2011, 09:21 AM
I however think, your credibility goes out the window by your one-sided arguments that are in most cases biased or have an agenda attached to it.

And then you're proudly pointing out the brilliance of Mcdaniels for having acquired extra picks in the dealing of Cutler.
You're too biased to be taken seriously

Holy ****. dragster, you calling somebody out for being biased and posting with an agenda is one of the most hilariously ironic things I've read on this board. And that's saying something.

But aside from that, I'm forced to conclude that you didn't actually read Drek's post. I'm pretty sure he never said that every decision McDaniels made was great, or that he spent the picks for Cutler well, or anything ABOUT the defense or team as a whole. He simply praised one of McDaniels' moves: trading Cutler for an absolute haul of draft picks plus Orton.

What you don't seem to be able to grasp is that most of the posters here don't deal in absolutes. Just because one of us praises a particular move McDaniels made here doesn't mean we're praising EVERY move he made here. McDaniels made a lot of mistakes, but to you (and several other posters here) if somebody praises him for ANYTHING, they're defending EVERYTHING he's done. Which is hardly ever the case.

Drek
01-19-2011, 09:24 AM

Great, lets discuss them. I only give 1. opinions and 2. support said opinions with logical points. Is it 100% right? Of course not, if so I'd be a highly paid analyst in a field other than the one I actually work in.

I wouldn't say proudly. Nothing about the Broncos over the last ~5 years inspires a ton of pride. Like our new HC just said "its only fun when you win".

As a point completely secondary to the trade itself or are you trying to use ends to justify the means (or more accurately in this case, decry the means).

And in '09 it was far better than it had been in years.

Key injuries + losing good staff = decline in performance. Shocking.

No, I'm just talking like not everything he did was a crime against humanity. He made some good moves. He made some bad moves. He made some that were just mediocre. He ignored making moves in many places that needed them. In the end the bad outweighed the good in the short term, hence why he's no longer here.

Case in point. How can you say with a straight face Cutler is a middle of the road QB?
Because his statistical numbers, his play on the field, and the opinions of more qualified experts than us deem him to be middle of the road. As a point of reference for this: yesterday on Mike & Mike (sans the lame Mike) four former NFL players (Derrick Brooks, Mike Golic, Tim Hasselback, and another I can't recall) agreed that Cutler is the 4th best QB left in the playoffs. Behind Mark Sanchez. Mark Sanchez is a middle of the road QB if ever there was one at this point in his career.

Cutler could well go to the SB and win it this year. Just like any other QB in the play-offs right now.
As I said to Rev, Dilfer and Brad Johnson have SB rings. Does that mean they were something other than mediocre QBs?

It's the people like you that I would love for Cutler to do well and win the SB.
I'd be quite happy with that outcome myself. I'm a big Brian Urlacher fan.

I'm sure the credit will be given to the defense or any other reason you'll see fitting your argument.
Yes. I'm sure the defense and special teams were just riding Cutler's coat tails all season, right?

They said in Chicago, they were a QB away from being a good team. Guess what?
Seeings how they went to the SB with Rex Grossman at QB for them I'd question the accuracy of that statement.

They've got their QB and one with a lot of potential.
Then why did it take over a year for this "good QB" to produce for them?

Wake up out of that deep denial you're living dude. Reality will eventually slap you in the face...
Thanks for the advice, will take it under advisement.

jhns
01-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Holy ****. dragster, you calling somebody out for being biased and posting with an agenda is one of the most hilariously ironic things I've read on this board. And that's saying something.

But aside from that, I'm forced to conclude that you didn't actually read Drek's post. I'm pretty sure he never said that every decision McDaniels made was great, or that he spent the picks for Cutler well, or anything ABOUT the defense or team as a whole. He simply praised one of McDaniels' moves: trading Cutler for an absolute haul of draft picks plus Orton.

What you don't seem to be able to grasp is that most of the posters here don't deal in absolutes. Just because one of us praises a particular move McDaniels made here doesn't mean we're praising EVERY move he made here. McDaniels made a lot of mistakes, but to you (and several other posters here) if somebody praises him for ANYTHING, they're defending EVERYTHING he's done. Which is hardly ever the case.

Your post would make sense if it wasn't to defend Drek. The dude defends everything McDaniels, or at least close to. You can just look to yesterday to see it. He was defending the Maroney trade. A guy that did nothing for this team and that is probably gone soon... He is still trying to claim one of the worst moves in this franchises history was a good thing.. The Marshall move was a good thing to him. Every big move was good for this franchise while we became the worst the franchise has been in many decades... Yeah, real objective...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Your post would make sense if it wasn't to defend Drek. The dude defends everything McDaniels, or at least close to. You can just look to yesterday to see it. He was defending the Maroney trade. A guy that did nothing for this team and that is probably gone soon... He is still trying to claim one of the worst moves in this franchises history was a good thing.. The Marshall move was a good thing to him. Every big move was good for this franchise while we became the worst the franchise has been in many decades... Yeah, real objective...

Again, you have an inability to separate someone looking objectively at certain moves -- the Cutler move, Marshall move, Maroney move -- as successful, and "blindly supporting" McDaniels. There is middle ground to be had. Those who are not morons can see that. Drek shows facts and figures that back his points, and you come back with "YOU'RE BLINDLY FOLLOWING MCDANIELS RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!" It's pretty lame.

Drek
01-19-2011, 09:45 AM

Swapping a 4th for a 6th so we have an RB on the roster who knows the system is "one of the worst moves in franchise history"?

Then what do you call using a 3rd on Mo Clarett? Willie Middlebrooks? Resigning Ian Gold and moving DJ over to SOLB? Drafting Terry Pierce in the 2nd just so you can hard ball Al Wilson on his extension? Signing IHOP? Dale Carter? Giving Simeon Rice $5M to do nothing? Trading up for Jarvis Moss? Giving away the entire second day plus a future 3rd to grab Marcus Thomas?

Hell, how about trying to trade Al Wilson when he couldn't pass a physical, then just outright cutting him like dead weight when that fell through? Giving Dominique Foxworth away for free because it was easier than letting him honestly compete with Dre Bly? Funneling several million dollars into Nate Jackson's bank account and constantly blocking a roster spot out of every camp for half a decade for effectively NO game day production?

All of these things strike me as far worse than swapping a 4th for a 6th in order to temporarily fill a need at RB early in the season.

And just to preempt the inevitable, this is not Mike Shanahan bashing. Mike Shanahan is the greatest coach in Broncos history and in my opinion one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. Easily a top 5 game day coach of all time. He is a Broncos icon and always should be. But he stopped practicing what he preached by the end of his time here and was sloppy in the front office. His immense superiority as a coach let him gloss over it for far longer than anyone else could have, but glossing over something doesn't fix it, only covers it up for a short time.

Shoemaker
01-19-2011, 09:46 AM

The majority of your points here were just responded to in a post by Drek over in the Bates firing thread, so I won't discuss them here.

I did, however, notice something in this post which kind of perplexed me, and I put it in bold.

You specifically brought up the Brandon Marshall trade as an example of a bad move. Was this a typo? Because, of all of McDaniels' moves, I would think the Marshall trade would be one of the few examples his detractors wouldn't bring up.

I mean, we traded a very talented but malcontent receiver who was a jaywalking violation away from being suspended for half a season and desired to be the highest paid receiver in the NFL for two second round picks, one of which was a key piece in allowing us to draft Tebow.

While he goes to Miami and has a down season, Brandon Lloyd comes out of nowhere to replace his production and then some. I have a hard time seeing how this team was hurt by the Marshall move, or why you'd bring it up as a particularly egregious example of McDaniels' incompetence.

TonyR
01-19-2011, 09:52 AM
A couple of nitpicks:

He's in the NFCCG...

Cutler played well down the stretch, I'm not going to take that away from him, but they just beat a very mediocre Seattle team at home. If they beat Green Bay and he plays well against a real defense he'll be deserving of the accolades.

People keep saying this but I don't think you measure a trade that way. If I give you $10 grand for something worth $5 grand you "won the deal" even if you piss the money away and I do well with the asset I overpayed for.

OABB
01-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Cutler has improved. It's easy to see. But he could have turned the ball over three times last game, and going against gb, he won't have the benefit of playing a losing team in the playoffs at home. If cutler regresses, it will be thbmost enjoyable it's been in a long time here.

CEH
01-19-2011, 09:58 AM
A couple of nitpicks:

Cutler played well down the stretch, I'm not going to take that away from him, but they just beat a very mediocre Seattle team at home. If they beat Green Bay and he plays well against a real defense he'll be deserving of the accolades.

Maybe we should change this to say Cutler played his best the last half of the season his offense averaging 26.5 ppg to help CHI secure the #2 seed and a week off.

That is the real reason why they played SEA . Having the #2 seed

Josh even said several times he wanted the Broncos playing well after Thanskgiving.

You can lose it in Sept or Oct but you can't win it in Sept or Oct

jhns
01-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Again, you have an inability to separate someone looking objectively at certain moves -- the Cutler move, Marshall move, Maroney move -- as successful, and "blindly supporting" McDaniels. There is middle ground to be had. Those who are not morons can see that. Drek shows facts and figures that back his points, and you come back with "YOU'RE BLINDLY FOLLOWING MCDANIELS RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!" It's pretty lame.

I think I getting to the root of the problem here. You guys don't seem to know what a fact is.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-19-2011, 10:12 AM
I think I getting to the root of the problem here. You guys don't seem to know what a fact is.

Says the guy who claims McD wasn't successful as an OC, and whose every retort starts with "you're just blindly following McD." Good one.

jhns
01-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Swapping a 4th for a 6th so we have an RB on the roster who knows the system is "one of the worst moves in franchise history"?

Then what do you call using a 3rd on Mo Clarett? Willie Middlebrooks? Resigning Ian Gold and moving DJ over to SOLB? Drafting Terry Pierce in the 2nd just so you can hard ball Al Wilson on his extension? Signing IHOP? Dale Carter? Giving Simeon Rice $5M to do nothing? Trading up for Jarvis Moss? Giving away the entire second day plus a future 3rd to grab Marcus Thomas?

Hell, how about trying to trade Al Wilson when he couldn't pass a physical, then just outright cutting him like dead weight when that fell through? Giving Dominique Foxworth away for free because it was easier than letting him honestly compete with Dre Bly? Funneling several million dollars into Nate Jackson's bank account and constantly blocking a roster spot out of every camp for half a decade for effectively NO game day production?

All of these things strike me as far worse than swapping a 4th for a 6th in order to temporarily fill a need at RB early in the season.

And just to preempt the inevitable, this is not Mike Shanahan bashing. Mike Shanahan is the greatest coach in Broncos history and in my opinion one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. Easily a top 5 game day coach of all time. He is a Broncos icon and always should be. But he stopped practicing what he preached by the end of his time here and was sloppy in the front office. His immense superiority as a coach let him gloss over it for far longer than anyone else could have, but glossing over something doesn't fix it, only covers it up for a short time.

Sorry, the worst move was trading Cutler. Those were two different points.

TheReverend
01-19-2011, 10:14 AM
And a far healthier offense around him. Not to mention Mike Shanahan as the HC. You're always extolling the virtues of Mike Shanahan around here. So which is it? Did Cutler make the team 4 games better or did Shanahan?

I personally lean towards Shanahan. He's got a long track record of his teams out performing their talent level.

Both. I have NO doubts that Shanahan completely elevated Cutler's game to a much higher level, but the fact remains, he won twice as many games in 2008 with a statistically similar defense.

Sorry that doesn't fit your agenda.

Trent Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. So does Brad Johnson.

Your statement was "the guy who's never won a big game in his life".

Fact: He just scored FOUR ****ING TOUCHDOWNS in the playoffs to go to the NFCCG.

And the guy who led the league only had three more than the next guy behind him, which would be the real comparison here, FYI. How far did you outstrip the entire field with your willingness to give the ball away.

Please explain how that's "the real comparison"? Because it's completely meaningless...

Jay Cutler's NFL rank for pass attempts in a season:
07 - 12th
08 - 2nd
09 - 4th
10 - 20th

Sounds like a more conservative approach to me. But lets see how many more cherries you can pick before the branches are bare.

He was also knocked out for 1.5 games with a concussion. They also won and ran to protect to leads because that's how you play football. They also had the worst OL protection in the NFL.

But hey, I'm just "cherry picking" with blatant facts, so why not let Mike Martz speak to the topic instead:

"He's as sharp an individual as I've ever been around," Martz said. "Mentally, it can be a dangerous thing for me, because sometimes I've put too much on him because I know he can handle it. I have to be very careful of that because he's so smart. He's just very, very sharp not just smart smart, but football-awareness (smart) and he has a great feel for it. He's a one-time guy. I take him out there and I give him one rep, and he has a good feel for it."

Sure didn't look that way this time last year, did it?

And I didn't say he then spent all those picks wisely. I just said that trading Cutler was a brilliant move of extracting maximum value. Is inability to make something special happen with all that extra draft value is a big part of why he isn't here anymore (that and being an anti-social douche of a human being).

I look forward to your next intellectually dishonest reply.

And you're calling ME "intellectually dishonest"?

Your bias towards Cutler is well documented. No big deal, why not just admit it and say "Alright, he's playing great, but I hate him" like many others have done.

jhns
01-19-2011, 10:18 AM
The majority of your points here were just responded to in a post by Drek over in the Bates firing thread, so I won't discuss them here.

I did, however, notice something in this post which kind of perplexed me, and I put it in bold.

You specifically brought up the Brandon Marshall trade as an example of a bad move. Was this a typo? Because, of all of McDaniels' moves, I would think the Marshall trade would be one of the few examples his detractors wouldn't bring up.

I mean, we traded a very talented but malcontent receiver who was a jaywalking violation away from being suspended for half a season and desired to be the highest paid receiver in the NFL for two second round picks, one of which was a key piece in allowing us to draft Tebow.

While he goes to Miami and has a down season, Brandon Lloyd comes out of nowhere to replace his production and then some. I have a hard time seeing how this team was hurt by the Marshall move, or why you'd bring it up as a particularly egregious example of McDaniels' incompetence.

The reason McDaniels failed was because he gave away talent and didn't replace it. That is because he continually traded proven talent for a crap shoot(Dreks description of draft picks).

Marshall was some of that talent. Lloyd didn't replace Marshall. Lloyd was here before we traded Marshall. Marshall and Lloyd would be a hell of a lot better than Lloyd and Gaffney. I'm not sure how this is up for debate.

TheReverend
01-19-2011, 10:21 AM
A couple of nitpicks:

How about hanging 38 points on the #3 defense in the NFL that just knocked Peyton Manning and Tom Brady out in consecutive weeks holding them both to sub 20 pts?

Seattle had just beaten the World Champs. Seattle had a guy that was immensely involved in Cutler's development and knew how he plays and what he sees inside and out. End result: Pitch and catch. Backyard football to the tune of 4 effortless touchdowns.

People keep saying this but I don't think you measure a trade that way. If I give you $10 grand for something worth $5 grand you "won the deal" even if you piss the money away and I do well with the asset I overpayed for.

No. You can quantify 10,000 dollars. If I gave you a ****load of packs of baseball cards (draft picks) and a three dollar bill (orton) that might be worth more than $5 grand, but they ended up not being, then yes, I won the deal, and that's a better comparison. Known commodities versus unknown commodities that you also didn't even bother preparing to research (re: a ****ing index card Ha! )

baja
01-19-2011, 10:21 AM

This is why I say he can't see the yellow light, it's green or red for him. ;D

jhns
01-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Says the guy who claims McD wasn't successful as an OC, and whose every retort starts with "you're just blindly following McD." Good one.

I bet you can't a single post from me that has "you're just blindly following McD." in it at any point. I never once said he wasn't successful as a coordinator. I did show how it might have been an a team making him since he only did it for two years and wasn't even great one of those years though. I also made the point of the talent he had when doing good. I don't even need to point out what happened here. I get that you can't follow this. We see your intelligence level in pretty much every one of your post.

TonyR
01-19-2011, 10:32 AM
No. You can quantify 10,000 dollars. If I gave you a ****load of packs of baseball cards (draft picks) and a three dollar bill (orton) that might be worth more than $5 grand, but they ended up not being, then yes, I won the deal, and that's a better comparison. Known commodities versus unknown commodities that you also didn't even bother preparing to research (re: a ****ing index card Ha! )

I hear what you're saying. But if, for example, Den did well/got lucky with their picks, and Chi did poorly/got unlucky with theirs, we'd be saying the opposite about the same trade. The fact that Denver did poorly with their picks does not reduce the value of those picks at the time of the trade.

Let me try another way since you don't like my money example. If I gave you a first round pick and you gave me a second round pick in the same year you won the exchange from a value perspective. A first round pick is worth more than a second round pick, always and every time, despite the fact that they are really "unknown commodities". If you blow your pick and I succeed with mine I didn't now "win" the exchange. I just did better with my asset than you did with yours. I maximized my value, you minimized yours. But you still "won" the initial exchange.

misturanderson
01-19-2011, 10:36 AM
That is the real reason why they played SEA . Having the #2 seed

So he gets credit for getting so lucky that the worse seed (#2 vs. #1) got to play the worst possible opponent (SEA vs. GB)?

Seriously? That is an argument you're making towards Cutler's prowess?

SportinOne
01-19-2011, 10:39 AM
All i know is this:

After the trade, the people in favor of it and Orton, pointed to the fact that Jay had a losing record in Denver, and that Orton had a great record as a starter in Chicago. Back then, us Cutlerites tried to point out that Orton had a lot of help, and that Jay had none. However, back then, the details and facts didn't matter.

Now, Jay is playing for the same kind of team Orton had, went 11-5 and beat the Packers for the division title, and is one game from the super bowl. Orton has averaged, what, 5 and a half wins per season?

TheReverend
01-19-2011, 10:39 AM
I hear what you're saying. But if, for example, Den did well/got lucky with their picks, and Chi did poorly/got unlucky with theirs, we'd be saying the opposite about the same trade. The fact that Denver did poorly with their picks does not reduce the value of those picks at the time of the trade.

Let me try another way since you don't like my money example. If I gave you a first round pick and you gave me a second round pick in the same year you won the exchange from a value perspective. A first round pick is worth more than a second round pick, always and every time, despite the fact that they are really "unknown commodities". If you blow your pick and I succeed with mine I didn't now "win" the exchange. I just did better with my asset than you did with yours. I maximized my value, you minimized yours. But you still "won" the initial exchange.

Chicago got one pick which turned into Johnny Knox. Do you think he's been the sole difference for that football team?

Point blank: We traded a PROVEN commodity (whether or not people here still want to stick their heads in the sand or not) and traded it for possibility.

Naturally what they did with that possibility was ****ing dreadful (Cutler+Knox vs Orton, Ayers, Seth Olsen, Richard Quinn, and a portion of Tebow)

jhns
01-19-2011, 10:40 AM

What you are failing to explain is what you think Cutlers real value was. Who do you think we can trust to determine it? You or the multiple front offices in the NFL that called up offering multiple first round picks?

misturanderson
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Chicago got one pick which turned into Johnny Knox. Do you think he's been the sole difference for that football team?

I think getting Urlacher back from injury and signing Peppers has had FAR more to do with the bears' new found success than Cutler.

I would say that the statistics back me up. 19th ranked scoring O in 2009 to 21st ranked in 2010 (though a 0.5 PPG increase, still worse than the 2010 Broncos though) vs. 21st ranked scoring D in 2009 to 4th in 2010 (5.5 PPG decrease).

Hmmm...I wonder why the bears' went from a 7-9 team to the NFC championship game in one year. Couldn't be Cutler because all he did this year was throw fewer picks. Though he essentially made up for it by losing way more fumbles, he still improved his TD:TO ratio to greater than 1 though. Impressive.

bendog
01-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Hilarious!We're really a better team than we were in 08. REally.

strafen
01-19-2011, 10:43 AM

What you don't seem to be able to grasp is that most of the posters here don't deal in absolutes. Just because one of us praises a particular move McDaniels made here doesn't mean we're praising EVERY move he made here. McDaniels made a lot of mistakes, but to you (and several other posters here) if somebody praises him for ANYTHING, they're defending EVERYTHING he's done. Which is hardly ever the case.To single out a good move amongst the plethora of bad moves Mcdaniels made only qualifies as a moral victory.
Moral victories don't count in the NFL.
All the moves McDaniels made were bad moves.
The worst season in franchise history backs that fact up.
But keep praising Mcdaniels and refuse to assess the damage he did to our football team.
How could you and other posters don't seal with "absolutes" and grasp the reality for what it is.
McDaniels didn't do us any favor.

FantomForce
01-19-2011, 10:44 AM
So does this mean Llyod is going to be a Ram next year

strafen
01-19-2011, 10:48 AM
So does this mean Llyod is going to be a Ram next year

I've just heard on the radio one of the snags in the negotiations with McDaniels was money. He wanted $2mil/year! Ha!
Oh, and he wanted to bring Ben Mcdaniels for which the Rams told him they didn't know he had a brother coaching in the NFL. ROFL!

The St Louis Newspaper had this report. I forgot the name of the newspaper...

strafen
01-19-2011, 10:49 AM
So does this mean Llyod is going to be a Ram next yearThey need to somebody to chuck it deep to... ^5

baja
01-19-2011, 10:53 AM
I think getting Urlacher back from injury and signing Peppers has had FAR more to do with the bears' new found success than Cutler.

This. They brought Peppers to that already awesome defense.

2KBack
01-19-2011, 10:55 AM

They've also reduced Hester's offensive snaps and had him focus on being a game changing return man again. He led the league in punt and kick off returns and scored 3 TDs on returns.

Ignore the third phase at your peril

Drek
01-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Both. I have NO doubts that Shanahan completely elevated Cutler's game to a much higher level, but the fact remains, he won twice as many games in 2008 with a statistically similar defense.

Sorry that doesn't fit your agenda.
No agenda here. So what is it? Would we be a 6-10 team with Cutler and Shanahan or would be we 7-9 with Mike and 5-11 with Cutler? Who brought more to the table in '08 when we went 8-8 despite a horrible D?

Wins and losses in the NFL aren't measured in a vacuum. Using the defense as your only touch point of continuity from the '08 to the '10 club doesn't make the comparison remotely valid.

Your statement was "the guy who's never won a big game in his life".

Fact: He just scored FOUR ****ING TOUCHDOWNS in the playoffs to go to the NFCCG.

So beating a 7-9 Seahawks team that got drubbed by the 4-12 Broncos earlier in the year is him winning the big game? The same game where Cutler was beaning Seahawks DBs with bad passes they failed to catch?

Please explain how that's "the real comparison"? Because it's completely meaningless...
What I said was the equivalent of saying "this horse who came in last was four lengths behind the pack! He was way off the pace."

Your rebutal ammounted to "Yeah, but in this other race the linear distance between him and another horse who was not in last place was the same distance so therefore the previous point holds no merit."

Not apples to apples. By your standard I could just as easily say that Kyle Orton threw half as many picks in only 1.5 less games.

But that wasn't the point of the original statement now was it? Its a pointless tangent that ignores the fact that guys who led the league in picks by a wide margin generally aren't immediately labelled "good QBs" when they throw fewer picks in fewer attempts the next season.

He was also knocked out for 1.5 games with a concussion. They also won and ran to protect to leads because that's how you play football. They also had the worst OL protection in the NFL.
Except that he was 25th in attempts per game and most who've watched the Bears play agree that his OL has made massive strides after the first few weeks of the season. Most notably after the bye Garza came back healthy and Chris Williams became the full time starter at the other guard spot.

But hey, I'm just "cherry picking" with blatant facts, so why not let Mike Martz speak to the topic instead:

"He's as sharp an individual as I've ever been around," Martz said. "Mentally, it can be a dangerous thing for me, because sometimes I've put too much on him because I know he can handle it. I have to be very careful of that because he's so smart. He's just very, very sharp not just smart smart, but football-awareness (smart) and he has a great feel for it. He's a one-time guy. I take him out there and I give him one rep, and he has a good feel for it."

Awesome, a Martz quote. So how exactly does Martz "putting too much on him" imply they weren't playing a generally conservative offense? I don't see anywhere in that quote that implies a high amount of risk involved in their passing attack. All I see is Martz talking about how well Cutler learns new plays. I've never said anything negative regarding that aspect of Cutler's game.

Now how about the simple observation that Mike Martz isn't running nearly as aggressive a passing offense this year as he ever has? That much has been pretty obvious.

And you're calling ME "intellectually dishonest"?
Yes. Because your style of debate amounts to dropping key aspects of someone's view, twisting it to fit what you want to argue against, and then grabbing fringe statistics as though they're worthwhile data while ignoring the more sound stats that go counter to your own belief.

Much like this debate about Chicago playing a safer offense this year than last where you bring up one WR's YPC as though that carries more merit than where the offense ranked in sheer volume of passes thrown.

Your bias towards Cutler is well documented. No big deal, why not just admit it and say "Alright, he's playing great, but I hate him" like many others have done.
I have no bias against him. Just my opinion that he's a middle of the road QB who has yet to show the ability to elevate his game and his team when called on in big games late in the year. The first part is statistically supported by his play on the football field. The second by the simple fact that he has yet to do it at any level, five years into the league, including two "win and you're in" scenarios with the Broncos.

The only bias I see comes from those who didn't utter a peep when Cutler was ****ting his pants weekly last season now pounding their chests about the "crime" McDaniels committed in trading Cutler as soon as his team's defense and special teams carry his bottom half of the league offense to a divisional title. Not entirely unexpected though. If Cutler had bombed in Chicago and found success four years from now with some random other team we'd have the same people championing Mike Shanahan's "chosen one" even then.

jhns
01-19-2011, 11:03 AM
All i know is this:

After the trade, the people in favor of it and Orton, pointed to the fact that Jay had a losing record in Denver, and that Orton had a great record as a starter in Chicago. Back then, us Cutlerites tried to point out that Orton had a lot of help, and that Jay had none. However, back then, the details and facts didn't matter.

Now, Jay is playing for the same kind of team Orton had, went 11-5 and beat the Packers for the division title, and is one game from the super bowl. Orton has averaged, what, 5 and a half wins per season?

Great post. The only thing I will add is that when Orton made the playoffs and had lots of wins, he also had a defense that makes their current defense look like a joke.

Gutless Drunk
01-19-2011, 11:04 AM

And Cutler was one of the reason Peppers came.

" Julius Peppers could see it to a great degree, which is why he signed with the Bears as a free agent when just about every team in the NFL would have welcomed him. "It wasn't a roll of the dice," Peppers said, when I asked him to look back. "It was a calculated approach I took. I'm looking at the roster and seeing Jay Cutler, a young playmaker coming into his prime as a quarterback. On the defensive side, I'm thinking, 'OK, if I'm out there with [Brian] Urlacher and [Lance] Briggs we should be in just about every game, just from a defensive standpoint."

http://search.espn.go.com/s/404/?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.espn.go.com%2Fchicago%2Fn f...ael%26id%3D6028545&404=true

bendog
01-19-2011, 11:07 AM
But I hear Cutler doesn't speak to him.

misturanderson
01-19-2011, 11:08 AM
And Cutler was one of the reason Peppers came.

" Julius Peppers could see it to a great degree, which is why he signed with the Bears as a free agent when just about every team in the NFL would have welcomed him. "It wasn't a roll of the dice," Peppers said, when I asked him to look back. "It was a calculated approach I took. I'm looking at the roster and seeing Jay Cutler, a young playmaker coming into his prime as a quarterback. On the defensive side, I'm thinking, 'OK, if I'm out there with [Brian] Urlacher and [Lance] Briggs we should be in just about every game, just from a defensive standpoint."

http://search.espn.go.com/s/404/?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.espn.go.com%2Fchicago%2Fn f...ael%26id%3D6028545&404=true

So a guy saying good things about his teammates after he signs a contract with that team proves what exactly? Certainly proves nothing about Cutler's actual value as a player.

I bet the bears also offered him the most money.

TonyR
01-19-2011, 11:10 AM

I would say that the statistics back me up. 19th ranked scoring O in 2009 to 21st ranked in 2010 (though a 0.5 PPG increase, still worse than the 2010 Broncos though) vs. 21st ranked scoring D in 2009 to 4th in 2010 (5.5 PPG decrease).

Hmmm...I wonder why the bears' went from a 7-9 team to the NFC championship game in one year. Couldn't be Cutler because all he did this year was throw fewer picks. Though he essentially made up for it by losing way more fumbles, he still improved his TD:TO ratio to greater than 1 though. Impressive.

Best post of the thread. Right on the money.

Drek
01-19-2011, 11:10 AM
How about hanging 38 points on the #3 defense in the NFL that just knocked Peyton Manning and Tom Brady out in consecutive weeks holding them both to sub 20 pts?
Do you watch football on Sundays Rev? I ask because I can't believe anyone who does would compare the Jets defense the last two weeks with anything they did for the first 16. Especially not anything they did in the last 8.

Rex Ryan completely changed the way they play defense for those two games.

Seattle had just beaten the World Champs. Seattle had a guy that was immensely involved in Cutler's development and knew how he plays and what he sees inside and out. End result: Pitch and catch. Backyard football to the tune of 4 effortless touchdowns.

You mean those same World Champs who barely made it in as a wild card over Tampa Bay and the Giants?

And the same former coach the Seahawks just fired?

Once again this underscores what I mean when I say "intellectual dishonesty". The large asterisks hanging out there and other important stats fall by the wayside while you pick how you want to frame everything to strengthen your argument.

Its excellent debating tactics but it is also intellectual dishonesty.

misturanderson
01-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Best post of the thread. Right on the money.

I can't take credit away from the beatdowns that Drek is throwing down. Anyone trying to champion Cutler on THAT team is bringing a knife to a gun fight.

baja
01-19-2011, 11:15 AM
They've also reduced Hester's offensive snaps and had him focus on being a game changing return man again. He led the league in punt and kick off returns and scored 3 TDs on returns.

Good point.

I'm looking forward to the Bears / Packers game. Two teams with good defenses and good ST's. The play at the QB position should be the difference in this game. If Cutler outplays Rogers than I will give Cutler his due. I'm betting on Aaron though.

baja
01-19-2011, 11:20 AM
But I hear Cutler doesn't speak to him.

Serious? Do you have more to that story?

misturanderson
01-19-2011, 11:20 AM

The bears were #1 in punt return average and #2 in kickoff return average (up from #15 and #3 respectively in 2009). Yet another part of that team, completely unrelated to Cutler, that has had a lot (probably as much as Cutler to be honest) to do with the bears being where they are this year vs. last year.

broncosteven
01-19-2011, 11:34 AM

I concur with this.

After duh bears traded 2 1sts for Cutler and he stunk it up in Turners system last year they also went and traded their 2nd round pick for Gains Adams who promptly passes away (RIP). Landing Peppers made the DL better, getting Urlacker healthy all year was big too.

Mike Martz also helped the O improve from last year.

The big difference from duh bear teams that won games for Orton was that the D was scoring points, some games they would have 14 points and the O only 3 or 7. That is the big reason they wouldn't start Orton in the playoffs that year. They knew a playoff team has to score on O, you can't count on last second INT pick6's or a punt return to win games in playoffs.

jhns
01-19-2011, 11:50 AM
I concur with this.

After duh bears traded 2 1sts for Cutler and he stunk it up in Turners system last year they also went and traded their 2nd round pick for Gains Adams who promptly passes away (RIP). Landing Peppers made the DL better, getting Urlacker healthy all year was big too.

Mike Martz also helped the O improve from last year.

The big difference from duh bear teams that won games for Orton was that the D was scoring points, some games they would have 14 points and the O only 3 or 7. That is the big reason they wouldn't start Orton in the playoffs that year. They knew a playoff team has to score on O, you can't count on last second INT pick6's or a punt return to win games in playoffs.

It isn't even worth debating the difference between those Chicago teams. Their defense was way better then. They gave up far fewer points and yards. Their defense and special teams scored way more points. Orton threw for like 1500 yards on the season...

TheReverend
01-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Do you watch football on Sundays Rev? I ask because I can't believe anyone who does would compare the Jets defense the last two weeks with anything they did for the first 16. Especially not anything they did in the last 8.

Rex Ryan completely changed the way they play defense for those two games.

Odd, considering they did the exact same thing to NE and held them to 7 less points in week two.

Nice try though.

You mean those same World Champs who barely made it in as a wild card over Tampa Bay and the Giants?

And the same former coach the Seahawks just fired?

Once again this underscores what I mean when I say "intellectual dishonesty". The large asterisks hanging out there and other important stats fall by the wayside while you pick how you want to frame everything to strengthen your argument.

Its excellent debating tactics but it is also intellectual dishonesty.

I mean the 11-5 Saints that would've been division champs in ANY other NFC division. Did you mistake them for the Packers? They're the ones that snuck in with tie breakers. Go figure, you don't know what you're talking about AGAIN.

bendog
01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Serious? Do you have more to that story?

too funny. Actually espn had an interview with Rodgers little bro, who is a qb at vandy, who said cutler offseasoned in Nashville and helped him get adjusted to the SEC and worked out with him. too funny. God you are desperate baja.

strafen
01-19-2011, 01:11 PM
This. They brought Peppers to that already awesome defense.Haha!!!
I love it that you add the "already AWESOME" defense.
You're not trying to imply Cutler didn't have anything to do with the Bears success, are you?
Naaah. ROFL! Ha!
The fact that Cutler is going to be playing in the NFCCG should be enough reason for you and all Mcdaniels lovers out there to start eating crow.

Gutless Drunk
01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Haha!!!
I love it that you add the "already AWESOME" defense.
You're not trying to imply Cutler didn't have anything to do with the Bears success, are you?
Naaah. ROFL! Ha!
The fact that Cutler is going to be playing in the NFCCG should be enough reason for you and all Mcdaniels lovers out there to start eating crow.

True story...Denver's defense was better than Chicago's in 2009.

Denver 7th in yards, Chicago 12th. Denver 12th in points, Chicago 21st.

Rohirrim
01-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Good point.

I'm looking forward to the Bears / Packers game. Two teams with good defenses and good ST's. The play at the QB position should be the difference in this game. If Cutler outplays Rogers than I will give Cutler his due. I'm betting on Aaron though.

Why aren't there coffin corner punt specialists in the NFL anymore? There used to be a ton of them, starting with Ray Guy. Now, idiots just kick away to Hester. Everytime I see that, I think "Dumb ****."

gyldenlove
01-19-2011, 02:51 PM
http://cheezfailbooking.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/up-next-in-sports.jpg?w=300

broncocalijohn
01-19-2011, 04:25 PM
Stayed away from this debate pretty much the whole year. I am one that didnt like Cutler's attitude in Denver, wasnt sad at all to see him go, knew he would struggle in Chicago but have a much better year this year. As a guy that loves to see him fail, I cannot help but post and say he has improved as much as having his team be in the NFCCG. He is part of the reason why they are one game away from the SuperBowl. Sure, his defense is the catalyst of the team but he is no Trent Dilfer either. He earned it but I still want Packers to crush him and the Bears.

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Jay Cutler is one of the reasons that Chicago is 1 game away from the SB, but lets put things in perspective here. How much did he contribute?

Chicago was 28th in the league in passing while the Chicago offense as a whole was 30th in the league. That's the definition of garbage.

Now their defense was 9th overall and 4th in points given up.

Let's be real here, the defense is what led them to the playoffs.

Are you guys really convincing yourselves that it took an elite/great QB to lead a team that had the 3rd to last worst offense in the league?

Jay Cutler turned the ball over a total of 22 times this season, compared to 27 last season, which is almsot the EXACT same ratio of turnover per drop back for BOTH seasons.

I have nothing against Cutler and I am happy for him and the Bears, but let's put things in perspective.

eddie mac
01-20-2011, 02:22 AM
Cutler and McDaniels are a pair of ****s. End of thread.

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 02:54 AM
Nazi Germany surrendered to the United States on May 7th, 1945.

Chuck Norris was born on May 6th, 1945.

Coincidence? I think not.

fontaine
01-20-2011, 02:59 AM
Cutler and McDaniels are a pair of ****s. End of thread.

Seriously I can't understand why there's still a debate over which one was the cause.

They are BOTH unsuffereable a$$holes with a seriously over inflated sense of self worth.

Cutler didn't want to hear it or take advice from hall of famers like Lynch/Elway.

McDaniels went into a hissy fit because a far better defensive coach in Nolan didn't play XO's exactly the way little Joshie wanted him to and treated the GM like an errand boy.

You put two of those kind of idiots together and sooner or later they'll refuse to work together and find reasons to part ways.

I'm delighted both a$$clowns are out of Denver and we have two replacements in Fox/Tebow who are humble, hard working and legit guys who believe in working for the team rather than always looking out for themselves.

And lastly what the hell has Cutler achieved in Chicago with a great defense that Grossman/Orton haven't?

TDmvp
01-20-2011, 03:33 AM
Nazi Germany surrendered to the United States on May 7th, 1945.

Chuck Norris was born on May 6th, 1945.

Coincidence? I think not.

Nice try retard ...
http://www.faillol.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/retarded-boy.gif

But considering Chuck Norris was born on March 10, 1940 I'm going with not a coincidence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Norris

But thanks for trying ...

tsiguy96
01-20-2011, 03:57 AM
Seriously I can't understand why there's still a debate over which one was the cause.

They are BOTH unsuffereable a$$holes with a seriously over inflated sense of self worth.

Cutler didn't want to hear it or take advice from hall of famers like Lynch/Elway.

McDaniels went into a hissy fit because a far better defensive coach in Nolan didn't play XO's exactly the way little Joshie wanted him to and treated the GM like an errand boy.

You put two of those kind of idiots together and sooner or later they'll refuse to work together and find reasons to part ways.

I'm delighted both a$$clowns are out of Denver and we have two replacements in Fox/Tebow who are humble, hard working and legit guys who believe in working for the team rather than always looking out for themselves.

And lastly what the hell has Cutler achieved in Chicago with a great defense that Grossman/Orton haven't?

thank you. the more i hear about how it was with mcdaniels there, i agree that it was time to move on, and glad with how it has turned out with fox/tebow. time to move on...until the next great QB controversy shakes the walls in denver.

The MVPlaya
01-20-2011, 04:30 AM
Nice try retard ...
http://www.faillol.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/retarded-boy.gif

But considering Chuck Norris was born on March 10, 1940 I'm going with not a coincidence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Norris

But thanks for trying ...

lol - I gotta give you credit for looking it up, because I didn't...

HAT
01-20-2011, 07:27 AM
True story...Denver's defense was better than Chicago's in 2009.

Denver 7th in yards, Chicago 12th. Denver 12th in points, Chicago 21st.

True story...Denver had a better record than Chicago in 2009. Thanks for reinforcing the point of Cutler being along for the ride.

TonyR
01-20-2011, 07:35 AM
The Rams added an offensive coordinator, but are now minus a quarterbacks coach. At a press conference Wednesday to formally announce the hiring of Josh McDaniels as the team's new offensive coordinator, coach Steve Spagnuolo said that assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach Dick Curl is retiring.

That could open the door for McDaniels to bring in his brother Ben as quarterbacks coach. Ben McDaniels was the QB coach for Josh, his older brother, this season with the Denver Broncos.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_000451f4-23fb-11e0-b219-00127992bc8b.html

Blueflame
01-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Jay Cutler is one of the reasons that Chicago is 1 game away from the SB, but lets put things in perspective here. How much did he contribute?

Chicago was 28th in the league in passing while the Chicago offense as a whole was 30th in the league. That's the definition of garbage.

Now their defense was 9th overall and 4th in points given up.

Let's be real here, the defense is what led them to the playoffs.

Are you guys really convincing yourselves that it took an elite/great QB to lead a team that had the 3rd to last worst offense in the league?

Jay Cutler turned the ball over a total of 22 times this season, compared to 27 last season, which is almsot the EXACT same ratio of turnover per drop back for BOTH seasons.

I have nothing against Cutler and I am happy for him and the Bears, but let's put things in perspective.

Are you seriously trying to question how much the QB contributed to a team's playoff appearance? Particularly if you take into consideration the fact that he's playing behind the O-line that's ranked dead last in the league? Of course he contributed to their winning season this year.

strafen
01-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Are you seriously trying to question how much the QB contributed to a team's playoff appearance? Particularly if you take into consideration the fact that he's playing behind the O-line that's ranked dead last in the league? Of course he contributed to their winning season this year.
It's not surprise that all 4 QB's playing this weekend were all 1st round selections.
First time this has ever happened...

Yeah, let's undermine the importance of a franchise QB...

vancejohnson82
01-20-2011, 01:41 PM
It's not surprise that all 4 QB's playing this weekend were all 1st round selections.

and 3 out of the teams have top 5 defenses...the only team outside of it is Chicago and they are #8

jhns
01-20-2011, 01:48 PM
and 3 out of the teams have top 5 defenses...the only team outside of it is Chicago and they are #8

So let's put all of this together and come to the easy conclusion. It takes a complete team to be the best. Who knew?

The MVPlaya
01-21-2011, 12:21 AM

lol it would seem with the stats I presented, it would appear it's a fair argument.

I have no idea what your point is though... you're all over the place.

Blueflame
01-21-2011, 03:18 AM
lol it would seem with the stats I presented, it would appear it's a fair argument.

I have no idea what your point is though... you're all over the place.

No, you're trying to say that even though the Bears are in the NFCCG... Jay Cutler didn't do a damn thing to get them there. Reality? As bad as his O-line has played...and as many times as he's been sacked... it's surprising that he isn't on IR.

I guess haters gonna hate... even if the Bears win the SB.

The Joker
01-21-2011, 03:26 AM
Really good move by the Rams to be honest.

Sam Bradford just hit the jackpot, he's going to be an absolute beast in McDaniels system.

SportinOne
01-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Great post.

wouldn't ****ing kill you to give some rep, then, would it?

:thumbsup:

jhns
01-21-2011, 01:37 PM
wouldn't ****ing kill you to give some rep, then, would it?

:thumbsup:

LOL

I would but mine are gray worthless ones and I am too embarressed to let that be known.

:(

SportinOne
01-21-2011, 01:39 PM
LOL

I would but mine are gray worthless ones and I am too embarressed to let that be known.

:(

i never understood the gray ones... do some people just have them?

jhns
01-21-2011, 01:45 PM
i never understood the gray ones... do some people just have them?

I don't know the exact system but you don't get green and red rep until you hit a certain number of rep points. Since I had a poster go through and neg rep like 150 straight posts once, I have a negative rep total. That makes me have gray rep.

You can see your rep total by clicking the rep button at the bottom of one of your posts.

jhns
01-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Oh and gray rep gives the other poster 0 rep points. Green gives positive rep points and red gives negative rep points.

KO5K
01-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Oh and gray rep gives the other poster 0 rep points. Green gives positive rep points and red gives negative rep points.

How many points do you start off with?

jhns
01-21-2011, 02:22 PM
How many points do you start off with?

I would assume 0 but I don't know. If you haven't gotten rep yet, you can click the little scale at the bottom of one of your own posts and it will tell you how much rep you have.

broncocalijohn
01-21-2011, 10:12 PM
The Rams added an offensive coordinator, but are now minus a quarterbacks coach. At a press conference Wednesday to formally announce the hiring of Josh McDaniels as the team's new offensive coordinator, coach Steve Spagnuolo said that assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach Dick Curl is retiring.

That could open the door for McDaniels to bring in his brother Ben as quarterbacks coach. Ben McDaniels was the QB coach for Josh, his older brother, this season with the Denver Broncos.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/article_000451f4-23fb-11e0-b219-00127992bc8b.html

You mean Ben, our QB coach, was Josh McDaniels brother? Ben McDaniels? I and everyone here thought it was a coincedence. Thanks TonyR for that lil tidbit the first sentence was lacking.
But off of being a total dick to you, yes that could be the answer to big brother's next job. Following Josh in his footsteps.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2011, 10:15 PM
You mean Ben, our QB coach, was Josh McDaniels brother? Ben McDaniels? I and everyone here thought it was a coincedence. Thanks TonyR for that lil tidbit the first sentence was lacking.
But off of being a total dick to you, yes that could be the answer to big brother's next job. Following Josh in his footsteps.

was looking through my rep yesterday...

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/439/screenshot20110121at101.png

broncocalijohn
01-21-2011, 10:24 PM
was looking through my rep yesterday...

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/439/screenshot20110121at101.png

Put the post up there before you blame me for anything or that I think the same as you do. If so (on my rep), I dont call the whole fanbase ****ty. Put it all up there hater.

The MVPlaya
01-21-2011, 10:27 PM
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7549/screenshot20110121at102.png

Missouribronc
01-21-2011, 10:31 PM

So...it took 45 years for this to happen, and the first time it happens its a mandate on drafting a QB in the first round...

Oh, btw, we already have two of those on the roster.

Championship.

broncocalijohn
01-21-2011, 10:49 PM
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/7549/screenshot20110121at102.png

Just read it. That was about stats stating Kyle Orton cant throw downfield. Here is the thread. That Rep was about some posters not looking at what we were talking about and not listening concerning the thread. Far different than calling the whole fanbase idiots for agreeing to can your new favorite team's OC. Next time you think I am on your side, post everything concerning it. I also apologized to one poster for jumping on him. Something you are too egotistical to even try.

Page 2 is where my post is located..http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2932651#post2932651

The MVPlaya
01-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Just read it. That was about stats stating Kyle Orton cant throw downfield. Here is the thread. That Rep was about some posters not looking at what we were talking about and not listening concerning the thread. Far different than calling the whole fanbase idiots for agreeing to can your new favorite team's OC. Next time you think I am on your side, post everything concerning it. I also apologized to one poster for jumping on him. Something you are too egotistical to even try.

Page 2 is where my post is located..http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2932651#post2932651

Wow... it wasn't that serious I'm not sure why you went all research paper on me.

You said we have some ****ty fans.. I agree. lol

broncocalijohn
01-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Wow... it wasn't that serious I'm not sure why you went all research paper on me.

You said we have some ****ty fans.. I agree. lol

because you and I dont think alike. Sure, we did on that topic but you are basically a troll. I have more respect for Chiefs fans that come in here to bash. At least I know where they are coming from.