PDA

View Full Version : Maroney arrested

alpine
01-18-2011, 04:53 AM
Denver Broncos running back Laurence Maroney was arrested in St. Louis.

KMOV-TV reports the 25-year-old was arrested on unlawful weapons charges and drug charges late Monday night.

Link (http://www.kwgn.com/news/kdvr-denver-broncos-laurence-maroney-arrested-20110118,0,545057.story)

tsiguy96
01-18-2011, 04:55 AM
nice knowin ya.

Cool Breeze
01-18-2011, 04:56 AM
Well I guess he's good for something

Ratboy
01-18-2011, 04:57 AM
Who cares about that Patriot.

ColoradoDarin
01-18-2011, 04:58 AM
Have fun in the CFL Larry.

srphoenix
01-18-2011, 04:59 AM
McD strikes again, thanks for taking our 4th round pick this year for trash

WolfpackGuy
01-18-2011, 05:05 AM
Additionally charged with stealing game checks from the Broncos.

Kaylore
01-18-2011, 05:07 AM
I guarantee you Belichick knew this. The dude was going to be cut so Bill knew he could talk his disciple into anything.

go_broncos
01-18-2011, 05:09 AM
Mcd strikes again.
It's sad that we gave 4th round pick for this guy and our FO allowed it to happen.
That's the reason we are a joke.
How the hell do you give that much power to Mcd???

Ratboy
01-18-2011, 05:16 AM
Mcd strikes again.
It's sad that we gave 4th round pick for this guy and our FO allowed it to happen.

That is why John Elway is in charge.

A trade like that would have been laughed at by him.

Broncoman13
01-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Sadly we could have got Marshawn Lynch instead. RBs would be looking a whole lot better with Lynch in the mix instead of Maroney.

Lendale White will have a chance to create a role for himself still. He looked good in the preseason until he went down. Hopeful that he can rebound and help the team out!

oubronco
01-18-2011, 05:58 AM
Drugs and guns won't these dumbass's ever learn

strafen
01-18-2011, 06:02 AM

I still can't believe the Broncos haven't filed a lawsuit against McDaniels for having destroyed the team!.

Man-Goblin
01-18-2011, 06:08 AM
Traded a 4th for Maroney and a 6th.

Anyways, of all the players on all the Broncos rosters of all time, I can't imagine one ending up in the police blotter and eliciting less of a reaction out of me.

HooptyHoops
01-18-2011, 06:09 AM
I was thinking this was a new year for the Broncos....maybe this is just a hang over from the past season....as long Maroney isn't a Bronco next year, I don't care....

long beach bronco
01-18-2011, 06:14 AM
I blame Dwayne Bowe for all of this mess. All he had to do was to recover that onside kick back in 2008 against the Chuggers and we would have made the playoffs and Shanny wouldn't have been fired (at least that year). This two year nightmare that we have all lived would never have happened...........I hate you Bowe!!!!!!!!!!

jhns
01-18-2011, 06:18 AM
I remember a lot of you trying to justify getting rid of Marshall and Cutler because we were going after high character players. I guess fighting with your girlfriend is much worse than randomly raping women. I'm sure being cocky is much worse than what our new high character RB did...

BroncosSR
01-18-2011, 06:22 AM
Tougher... Smarter...

long beach bronco
01-18-2011, 06:24 AM
I wan't our old offense back (Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, Sheff), all we needed was defense, why couldn't they all have seen that. It's so dissappointing the direction we went in after Shanny refused to fire Slowik.

Jesterhole
01-18-2011, 06:25 AM
Well, I bet SoB sure is sleeping well these days knowing that we can now blame everything on McDaniels sorry ass.

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 06:33 AM
That is why John Elway is in charge.

A trade like that would have been laughed at by him.

Let's wait and see what he actually does in trades...Elway is going to make mistakes...

spdirty
01-18-2011, 06:42 AM
McD's legacy lives on.

Pony Boy
01-18-2011, 06:46 AM
The root of the problem is that he never wanted to play in the cold weather.

ColoradoDarin
01-18-2011, 06:49 AM
The root of the problem is that he never wanted to play in the cold weather.

bwhahahahahah rep!

Old Dude
01-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Looks like we can add running back to our list of off-season needs - - but we all knew that anyway.

bowtown
01-18-2011, 06:55 AM
Not to trying to defend the trade, but did anyone actually read the article? Sounds to me like he might not even be involved.

TheReverend
01-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Not to trying to defend the trade, but did anyone actually read the article? Sounds to me like he might not even be involved.

No way dude, try as he might, Maroney can't dance his way out of anything.

mkporter
01-18-2011, 06:58 AM
I wan't our old offense back (Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, Sheff), all we needed was defense, why couldn't they all have seen that. It's so dissappointing the direction we went in after Shanny refused to fire Slowik.

Did you just wake from a coma and start visiting the mane again? Or are you a very funny troll?

mkporter
01-18-2011, 06:59 AM

Yep, if there is any way that he could possibly be taken down, it will happen.

bowtown
01-18-2011, 07:00 AM

Who knows though, maybe he just has a penchant for being at the wrong place at the wrong time off the field as well.

mkporter
01-18-2011, 07:00 AM
Sadly we could have got Marshawn Lynch instead. RBs would be looking a whole lot better with Lynch in the mix instead of Maroney.

Lendale White will have a chance to create a role for himself still. He looked good in the preseason until he went down. Hopeful that he can rebound and help the team out!

Although possibly worth it, that would have cost us two 6th rounders more.

bowtown
01-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Although possibly worth it, that would have cost us two 6th rounders more.

Exactly, plus he would have been nearly as bad behind our line, and the Denver PD would have figured out a way to arrest him by now as well.

Homer Simpson
01-18-2011, 07:03 AM

I'm looking forward to Obama's inauguration, but am a little worried about the economy and swine flu.

Jason in LA
01-18-2011, 07:03 AM
I blame Dwayne Bowe for all of this mess. All he had to do was to recover that onside kick back in 2008 against the Chuggers and we would have made the playoffs and Shanny wouldn't have been fired (at least that year). This two year nightmare that we have all lived would never have happened...........I hate you Bowe!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't Bowe, it was the boob thread being taken down. After that thread was taken down the Bowe play happened and then a boat load of bad stuff started happening to the Broncos.

Miss I.
01-18-2011, 07:05 AM
It wasn't Bowe, it was the boob thread being taken down. After that thread was taken down the Bowe play happened and then a boat load of bad stuff started happening to the Broncos.

I don't get that tho. There are plenty of boobs posting on a regular basis. ;D

errand
01-18-2011, 07:24 AM

Yet again the infamous double standard of the orangemane comes to light....

Ever hear of Maurice Clarett? Wasn't he a guy that Mike drafted in the 3rd round despite being outta football for awhile and couldn't outrun your grandma?

errand
01-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Mcd strikes again.

See my above post....how do you give so much power to a guy who drafts clarett in the 3rd round....oh and when he's fired and goes to Washington he trades for potential hall of famer McNabb only to bench him. What was that catch phrase from Guiness beer? Oh yeah...."Brilliant!"

I don't care if you guys wanna bitch about McDaniels....but let's be consistent in the bitching...posts like these rarely if ever were seen during the last several years of mike's reign. I guess that's what 2 cobwebbed covered SB trophies nets you

jhns
01-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Yet again the infamous double standard of the orangemane comes to light....

Ever hear of Maurice Clarett? Wasn't he a guy that Mike drafted in the 3rd round despite being outta football for awhile and couldn't outrun your grandma?

Ummm, people make fun of that pick every time there is any news about Clarett to post. What exactly are you talking about? What does that have to do with this thread?

You would think the McDaniels fans would move on by now. They get so mad that he is laughed at that they feel the need to randomly throw Bronco greats under the bus even when it has nothing to do with anything....

errand
01-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Drugs and guns won't these dumbass's ever learn

That's what happens when you look the other way and/or accept the thug culture alot of these boneheads live.

errand
01-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Ummm, people make fun of that pick every time there is any news about Clarett to post. What exactly are you talking about? What does that have to do with this thread?

You would think the McDaniels fans would move on by now. They get so mad that he is laughed at that they feel the need to randomly throw Bronco greats under the bus even when it has nothing to do with anything....

Not defending anyone, nor am I a fan of any player or coach...i love the Broncos. I'm just pointing out alot of the hypocrisy on here. And you're wrong...people make fun of Clarett....rarely do they say things like "shanahan strikes again"

You clowns act like mike never made a ****ing mistake or finished in last place before. Get ****ing real....

It never occurs to you guys that had mike not been a totally inept clown when it came to drafting talent ('06 is his high point) Josh never would have been our head coach in the first place.....mike's stubborn loyalty to clowns who couldn't coach cost him his job in Denver.

Throw the greats under the bus? It's 2011 dude....not 1998. Mike's "genius" left when Elway hung them up and TD got a career ending injury

vancejohnson82
01-18-2011, 07:44 AM
wasnt charged....had a gun with a license

ummmm, whats the big deal?

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 07:45 AM

I am well aware of the Boob mojo thread thingy, but think about this...

If Champ catches the interception on the terrible out-route pass that Rapistburger throws in the 2005 AFC Championship, he races for a touchdown, giving Denver an early lead, Denver goes on to beat Pittsburgh, then Seattle, Shanahan doesn't move up to draft Cutler, because Plummer is the "next" John Elway, Plummer doesn't collapse and lose confidence in 2006 therefore no rookie is inserted, Denver wins the division makes the playoffs for the fourth straight year, Shanahan keeps his job, Plummer is just now handing the reigns of the ship off to a new quarterback...

Damn you Champ!

errand
01-18-2011, 07:50 AM
Let's wait and see what he actually does in trades...Elway is going to make mistakes...

...but he's john elway...he never makes a mistake. In fact if you care to do the research you'll find that he's never lost a game, thrown an INT, nor finished in last place EVER.

jhns
01-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Not defending anyone, nor am I a fan of any player or coach...i love the Broncos. I'm just pointing out alot of the hypocrisy on here. And you're wrong...people make fun of Clarett....rarely do they say things like "shanahan strikes again"

You clowns act like mike never made a ****ing mistake or finished in last place before. Get ****ing real....

It never occurs to you guys that had mike not been a totally inept clown when it came to drafting talent ('06 is his high point) Josh never would have been our head coach in the first place.....mike's stubborn loyalty to clowns who couldn't coach cost him his job in Denver.

Throw the greats under the bus? It's 2011 dude....not 1998. Mike's "genius" left when Elway hung them up and TD got a career ending injury

Umm, even the biggest Shanahan homers make fun of his personnel desicions. I'm not sure what board you are reading. He has been gone for years and there just isn't as much to say about him. Who is even left that you would say was a bad Shanahan personnel decision? When exactly did we even have a top 10 pick under Shanahan, let alone the second overall? He was here for a LOT longer than McDaniels. He has pleanty of time to prove he was as bad as him....

Now Shanahan isn't a Bronco great? The guy who brought this franchise its only two SBs? Wow, you clearly show that you aren't a Broncos fan. I can't wait until McDaniels lands a new job so some of you can follow him. Pathetic...

errand
01-18-2011, 07:53 AM
I am well aware of the Boob mojo thread thingy, but think about this...

If Champ catches the interception on the terrible out-route pass that Rapistburger throws in the 2005 AFC Championship, he races for a touchdown, giving Denver an early lead, Denver goes on to beat Pittsburgh, then Seattle, Shanahan doesn't move up to draft Cutler, because Plummer is the "next" John Elway, Plummer doesn't collapse and lose confidence in 2006 therefore no rookie is inserted, Denver wins the division makes the playoffs for the fourth straight year, Shanahan keeps his job, Plummer is just now handing the reigns of the ship off to a new quarterback...

Damn you Champ!

I blame Mike himself...he constantly put a band aid on the eyesore that was our defensive line, and while i'll give him his due as an offensive guru...his overall neglect on the defensive side of the ball has left us without alot of playmakers. Hopefully having a defensive guy as HC will change that.......and hopefully the pendulum won't swing the other way

vancejohnson82
01-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Umm, even the biggest Shanahan homers make fun of his personnel desicions. I'm not sure what board you are reading. He has been gone for years and there just isn't as much to say about him. Who is even left that you would say was a bad Shanahan personnel decision? When exactly did we even have a top 10 pick under Shanahan, let alone the second overall? He was here for a LOT longer than McDaniels. He has pleanty of time to prove he was as bad as him....

Now Shanahan isn't a Bronco great? The guy who brought this franchise its only two SBs? Wow, you clearly show that you aren't a Broncos fan. I can't wait until McDaniels lands a new job so some of you can follow him. Pathetic...

I can't wait until you move on and get another agenda

Kaylore
01-18-2011, 07:59 AM
I don't get that tho. There are plenty of boobs posting on a regular basis. ;D

Well there goes the Boob mojo theory. Maybe it was Bowe all along! Ha!

jhns
01-18-2011, 08:02 AM

Don't worry, you will never have to see me post again when you follow McDaniels to his new team.

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 08:04 AM
So, McDaniels got arrested in St. Louis last night, huh...weed and weapons. Have fun Sam Bradford.

errand
01-18-2011, 08:11 AM

I'm sorry if I'm alot more consistent in my observations of the team...I look at it obejectively, not emotionally. I don't let my personal likes and dislikes get in the way of the team.

the team's success is all that matters to me...not who plays for them or coaches them. My only problem with them firing McDaniels is that it tells whoever replaces him that they're gonna be on a very short leash (2 year window eveidently)...and he's probably the one guy who can turn Tebow into the passer we all hope he'll be. (Look at his work with 6th round college back-up Tom Brady, 7th round career back-up Matt Cassell, and the 5th round physically limited Kyle Orton)

Homer Simpson
01-18-2011, 08:11 AM
So, McDaniels got arrested in St. Louis last night, huh...weed and weapons. Have fun Sam Bradford.

Most people who supported him have moved on, the hateful ones who wished harm upon him are still obsessed it seems.

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Most people who supported him have moved on, the hateful ones who wished harm upon him are still obsessed it seems.

Well, Maroney is toast, I would imagine as far as a roster spot...which kind of sucks to be honest with you. The guy has done nothing but play in pass-first offenses, and finally a running-first coach comes in, and he goes off and does something dumb that's going to get him suspended. He might have actually been an asset to Denver...oh well...

Moreno is definitely the one piece that's not getting moved. I would imagine there are two more spots to be won in the rotation, along with a fullback, because I don't think Larson is the type of fullback Fox will want.

jhns
01-18-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm sorry if I'm alot more consistent in my observations of the team...I look at it obejectively, not emotionally. I don't let my personal likes and dislikes get in the way of the team.

the team's success is all that matters to me...not who plays for them or coaches them. My only problem with them firing McDaniels is that it tells whoever replaces him that they're gonna be on a very short leash (2 year window eveidently)...and he's probably the one guy who can turn Tebow into the passer we all hope he'll be. (Look at his work with 6th round college back-up Tom Brady, 7th round career back-up Matt Cassell, and the 5th round physically limited Kyle Orton)

If you don't care then why are you going completely off topic to whine that we are laughing at McDaniels and not throwing Shanahan under the bus enough? That doesn't sound like someone that doesn't care to me.

There are many people that can work with Tebow. He looked good to me after McDaniels was gone. We kept our coordinator. I don't see the problem.

Broncos_OTM
01-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Dude so much for high character. Been to st loius bowevee and do t blame him for carrying a gun

schaaf
01-18-2011, 08:29 AM
This sucks. I thought this guy was gonna be a beast coming out of college. Did okay his first two years at New England and now spends 4 seconds dancing behind the line of scrimmage

Swedish Extrovert
01-18-2011, 08:37 AM

I played against Lendale White in HS. I had to tackle him once. It was not a fun experience for me. I literally hit him at the line and somehow it became a 7 yard gain.

strafen
01-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Well, Maroney is toast, I would imagine as far as a roster spot...which kind of sucks to be honest with you. The guy has done nothing but play in pass-first offenses, and finally a running-first coach comes in, and he goes off and does something dumb that's going to get him suspended. He might have actually been an asset to Denver...oh well...

Moreno is definitely the one piece that's not getting moved. I would imagine there are two more spots to be won in the rotation, along with a fullback, because I don't think Larson is the type of fullback Fox will want.Just when you've thought you've heard it all, this... Ha! ROFL! LOL Hilarious!

strafen
01-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Hey, this guy has a great lateral running abilities.
He can run from sideline to sideline like no other back I've ever seen! ROFL!

errand
01-18-2011, 08:47 AM
If you don't care then why are you going completely off topic to whine that we are laughing at McDaniels and not throwing Shanahan under the bus enough? That doesn't sound like someone that doesn't care to me.

There are many people that can work with Tebow. He looked good to me after McDaniels was gone. We kept our coordinator. I don't see the problem.

Not whining dude....just making an observation that the majority of clowns on here like you hold certain players or coaches above criticism. I recall Dennison getting bashed on here alot when his OL's played just as good as Gibb's did. But it was Ok to bitch about rick...not alex....whatever dude.

The potential problem is that the OC wasn't the guy taking a personal interest in Tebow succeeding....McDaniels did. Like i said you can say Josh was in over his head as HC, but he was a damn good coach of QB's.

strafen
01-18-2011, 08:48 AM

Throw the greats under the bus? It's 2011 dude....not 1998. Mike's "genius" left when Elway hung them up and TD got a career ending injuryBS!
That's exactly what you're doing. Go back and read what you've been posting, dude!
You're bashing Shanahan to try to make Josh look good.
Josh screwed this team up in a big way!

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 08:50 AM
According to the Missouri Courts system, he hasn't been charged with anything yet.

Just saying.

strafen
01-18-2011, 08:52 AM
So what you're basically saying, you're still in love with McDaniels?
You refuse to move on and keep defending McDaniels.
The coach that in 1.5 year left this franchise like a freakin' tornado swept Dove Valley to the ground?
That guy?
You love him so much you don't care what he did to the Broncos franchise?

Can't you see the state of the Broncos right now?

This is a truly rebuilding year after the Mcdaniels destruction.
It's going to take a while to clean the mess that mother****er did to us!

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 08:58 AM
The coach that in 1.5 year left this franchise like a freakin' tornado swept Dove Valley to the ground?
That guy?

Nope, pretty much just sick of the constant McDaniels sucks rhetoric, after he got fired.

Back to Maroney. According to Missouri Courts, nothing has been filed at this time against him.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/

Can't link it directly to my search for Maroney.

Did find out this is where he lives in St. Louis:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=12560+GRANDVIEW+FOREST+DR&sourceid=Mozilla-search

Mile High Shack
01-18-2011, 09:01 AM
I never considered Maroney a Bronco anyway, so

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ReYfu5E-hOE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ReYfu5E-hOE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bronco militia
01-18-2011, 09:02 AM
is anyone else surprised he wasn't able to dance out of this arrest?

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 09:03 AM
is anyone else surprised he wasn't able to dance out of this arrest?

Except...maybe he did...

According to Missouri Courts, nothing has been filed at this time against him.

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/

Can't link it directly to my search for Maroney.

Did find out this is where he lives in St. Louis:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=12560+GRANDVIEW+FOREST+DR&sourceid=Mozilla-search

jhns
01-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Not whining dude....just making an observation that the majority of clowns on here like you hold certain players or coaches above criticism. I recall Dennison getting bashed on here alot when his OL's played just as good as Gibb's did. But it was Ok to b**** about rick...not alex....whatever dude.

The potential problem is that the OC wasn't the guy taking a personal interest in Tebow succeeding....McDaniels did. Like i said you can say Josh was in over his head as HC, but he was a damn good coach of QB's.

Sorry but this is all BS... Everyone makes fun of the Clarett pick. It was made fun of a LOT when it happened. It was brought back up and made fun of when he was arrested. It happened again when he got out. It then happened again this past offseason when he joined the UFL. It is pretty obvious that you were just mad people were making fun of McDaniels....

As for Shanahan being shown more respect, he is only given that by a few like me. I'm sorry but a guy like Shanahan, who has actually done good for this franchise, deserves a lot more respect than McDaniels, who never once did anything good for this franchise. I show the same respect to every player that did something. I will always homer out when talking about guys like Elway, TD, Smith, Atwater, etc (there are a lot).... I'm not sure how you can claim to be a fan of this franchise and then hate on the guys that did so much for it...

colonelbeef
01-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Mcd strikes again.

Easily the worst hire in Broncos history.

What a disgrace.

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 09:26 AM
I can't believe the Broncos would hire a coach that would go to St. Louis and get caught with hookers, drugs and guns, all at the same time!

errand
01-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Sorry but this is all BS... Everyone makes fun of the Clarett pick. It was made fun of a LOT when it happened. It wad brought back up and made fun of when he was arrested. It happened again when he got out. It then happened again this past offseason when he joined the UFL. It is pretty obvious that you were just mad people were making fun of McDaniels....

As for Shanahan being shown more respect, he is only given that by a few like me. I'm sorry but a guy that Shanahan, who has actually done good for this franchise, deserves a lot more respect that McDaniels, who never once did anything good for this franchise. I show the same respect to every player that did something. I will always homer out when talking about guys like Elway, TD, Smith, Atwater, etc (there are a lot).... I'm not sure how you can claim to be a fan of this franchise and then hate on the guys that did so much for it...

Your hero worship clouds your objectivity.....I'd think that any Broncos coach or player would be worthy of your praise there, superfan.

you bash mcDaniels, it's you being a fan. I blast Mike...i'm a hater.

Mike gets credit where credit is due from me...he took a roster in '95 and tweaked it into becoming SB's champs in consecutive seasons and for that i thank him and applaud him...but the past decade saw him field nothing but average teams for the most part...save for when he had Jake as his QB, and Kubiak as his OC. When they left or were jettisoned he returned to his average ways of good to pretty good offense/no defense teams. Now have i made anything up? Have i not told the truth?

you say josh did nothing good for this team...sure he didn't win but 11 games outta 27, but then again mike went 16-20 in his first 36 games as head coach. who's to say josh wouldn't have turned the team around in year 3? We'll never know....but to say he did nothing good for the team is inaccurate.

He got rid of a prima-donna WR in Marshall, and gave Lloyd another chance....Lloyd responded by making pr bowl....and Marshall? He did Ok in Miami, but his numbers pale when compared to what he or Llloyd did in Denver under Josh.

He got rid of a new idea resisting QB in Cutler who's INT's were maddening to practically everyone....and in '09 Jay threw an NFL high 26 int's

He acquired journeyman-like QB Kyle Orton who's shown marked improvement in every season under Josh, and prior to injuring his ribs, was on pace to shatter almost every Broncos franchise single season passing record. Orton has thrown 41 TD's and only 21 INT's in his two seasons as a Bronco...and passed for over 7,400 yards.

He saw that Dumervil would be a better fit as a 3-4 rush LB than a down lineman in the 4-3....Dumervil responded with 17.5 NFL leading sacks in '09

He acquired Brian Dawkins to give our secondary some pop it hadn't seen since Lynch played.

He injected youth into our our old creaking OL, and in the secondary with Cox and Thompson...his moving up to take smith last year seemed like a mistake when this season began, but it ends up he did have an eye for talent as smith had 5 INT's for the Lions. could've used those 5 ints in Denver that's for sure.

And he energized the franchise by drafting Tebow.....and it looks like his alleged blunder was actually a shrewd pick as Tim played well....and showed potential to become something special.

And ironically his being in over his head as our head coach has left us in position to draft a pretty good playmaker in Fairley....so please a little respect.

vancejohnson82
01-18-2011, 09:36 AM
That guy?

ummm, I said that Maroney wasn't charged with anything....then started reading through the thread and couldnt help but notice that the same people are bitching about a 4th round pick being "wasted" on this guy and that McDaniels is at fault for the descruction of the franchise...i then pointed out that people should move on

colonelbeef
01-18-2011, 09:37 AM

The problem isn't that McDaniels 'made a few mistakes', it's that he completely ****ed up everything he touched, traded away all of the talent, got caught cheating and then lied about it, and ruined the perception of the Broncos league wide in just 1.5 years.

Why is this so hard for you to understand? You are comparing a rainstorm to Hurricane Katrina

colonelbeef
01-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Your hero worship clouds your objectivity.....I'd think that any Broncos coach or player would be worthy of your praise there, superfan.

Mike gets credit where credit is due from me...he took a roster in '95 and tweaked it into becoming SB's champs in consecutive seasons and for that i thank him and applaud him...but the past decade saw him field nothing but average teams for the most part...save for when he had Jake as his QB, and Kubiak as his OC. When they left or were jettisoned he returned to his average ways of good to pretty good offense/no defense teams. Now have i made anything up? Have i not told the truth?

you say josh did nothing good for this team...sure he didn't win but 11 games outta 27, but then again mike went 16-20 in his first 36 games as head coach. who's to say josh wouldn't have turned the team around in year 3? We'll never know....but to say he did nothing good for the team is inaccurate.

He got rid of a prima-donna WR in Marshall, and gave Lloyd another chance....Lloyd responded by making pr bowl....and Marshall? He did Ok in Miami, but his numbers pale when compared to what he or Llloyd did in Denver under Josh.

He got rid of a new idea resisting QB in Cutler who's INT's were maddening to practically everyone....and in '09 Jay threw an NFL high 26 int's

He acquired journeyman-like QB Kyle Orton who's shown marked improvement in every season under Josh, and prior to injuring his ribs, was on pace to shatter almost every Broncos franchise single season passing record. Orton has thrown 41 TD's and only 21 INT's in his two seasons as a Bronco...and passed for over 7,400 yards.

He saw that Dumervil would be a better fit as a 3-4 rush LB than a down lineman in the 4-3....Dumervil responded with 17.5 NFL leading sacks in '09

He acquired Brian Dawkins to give our secondary some pop it hadn't seen since Lynch played.

He injected youth into our our old creaking OL, and in the secondary with Cox and Thompson...his moving up to take smith last year seemed like a mistake when this season began, but it ends up he did have an eye for talent as smith had 5 INT's for the Lions. could've used those 5 ints in Denver that's for sure.

And he energized the franchise by drafting Tebow.....and it looks like his alleged blunder was actually a shrewd pick as Tim played well....and showed potential to become something special.

And ironically his being in over his head as our head coach has left us in position to draft a pretty good playmaker in Fairley....so please a little respect.

LOL.

4-12 and fired, Cutler in the NFCCG.

End of story.

jhns
01-18-2011, 09:41 AM

Again, it will be nice when McDaniels finds a new job and all of his fans follow him. Your post was good comedy though.

vancejohnson82
01-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Again, it will be nice when McDaniels finds a new job and all of his fans follow him. Your post was good comedy though.

shouldnt you be bumping the Peyton Hillis thread?

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 09:43 AM

Man, if only you had done the same with your boy toy Cutler two years ago...

Greatspirits
01-18-2011, 09:47 AM

I blame Peyton Hillis, if he doesn't get hurt against the Queefs, we also make the playoffs and he's still here!

errand
01-18-2011, 09:50 AM
The problem isn't that McDaniels 'made a few mistakes', it's that he completely ****ed up everything he touched, traded away all of the talent, got caught cheating and then lied about it, and ruined the perception of the Broncos league wide in just 1.5 years.

Why is this so hard for you to understand? You are comparing a rainstorm to Hurricane Katrina

Mike was never fined by the league for actions deemed as giving him some kind of advantage? You forget the SB years when he was accused of cooking the books like Enron?

josh filmed a practice....I'm more pissed he lost the ****ing game, than the fact he made us look bad taping the practice.

As far as the perception of the Broncos league wide...don't really care what the rest of the league thinks, but if that's your argument.....

you do realize we were labelled one of the NFL's dirtiest teams when Mike was our coach, don't you? Ever here of cut blocks that while not "illegal" have shortened the career of numerous players and are frowned upon by alot of players and coaches alike?

Hell even former 49ers back-up Elvis Grbac told a tale of how mike basically ordered him to throw a bullet at al Davis' head during warm-ups one time....true story? who knows but Mike and elvis...but please don't try to play the league rep card.

Mike was considered just as big an a-hole as josh was in some cities.....

errand
01-18-2011, 09:52 AM

...as virtually all of your posts are.LOL

Don't worry though, Jay's playing on Sunday so your week won't be a total loss

cutthemdown
01-18-2011, 09:54 AM

Whiner

UberBroncoMan
01-18-2011, 09:57 AM
I blame Peyton Hillis, if he doesn't get hurt against the Queefs, we also make the playoffs and he's still here!

Actually if Bowe doesn't **** up an onside kick, SD never wins that game in KC and we're in the playoffs.

Edit: Didn't even read what you quoted. Guess that thought still resonates.

broncocalijohn
01-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Well back to topic, was the gun to shoot his NFL career dead and the drugs to ease the pain?

Maroney wasnt going to be retained anyways and this will make it easier to can his ass.

broncocalijohn
01-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Whiner

Did you mean winner or whiner?

vancejohnson82
01-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Well back to topic, was the gun to shoot his NFL career dead and the drugs to ease the pain?

Maroney wasnt going to be retained anyways and this will make it easier to can his ass.

i cant wait to watch him run for 1400 yards in Cleveland next year

errand
01-18-2011, 10:20 AM
LOL.

4-12 and fired, Cutler in the NFCCG.

End of story.

Oh, so '09 doesn't count? At least we have actual confirmation that you truly do have a personal agenda here.....

frerottenextelway
01-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Why are Shanahan and Cutler being talked about in this thread? Is it really their fault Maroney got arrested? Some people just can't get over them.

errand
01-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Why are Shanahan and Cutler being talked about in this thread? Is it really their fault Maroney got arrested? Some people just can't get over them.

i think it all started when someone blamed josh McDaniels for Maroney exhibiting poor judgement in St. Louis

bronco militia
01-18-2011, 10:30 AM
i cant wait to watch him run for 1400 yards in Cleveland next year

Ha!

jhns
01-18-2011, 10:35 AM
i think it all started when someone blamed josh McDaniels for Maroney exhibiting poor judgement in St. Louis

LOL

Yes, that is what made Cutler and Shanahan relevant to this conversation... Silly McDaniels fans....

gunns
01-18-2011, 10:59 AM

There has been plenty said about Shanahan. I began doubting him in 2002 and was calling for his head from 2006. This is a thread about Maroney and Maroney is McD's **** up, not Shanahan's. If you are in need of venting about Shanahan start another thread and I'll gladly join in.

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Wait...was McDaniels driving the white Bronco?

gunns
01-18-2011, 11:09 AM

Moreno is definitely the one piece that's not getting moved. I would imagine there are two more spots to be won in the rotation, along with a fullback, because I don't think Larson is the type of fullback Fox will want.

OMG, OMG, OMG! I cannot believe there is a Bronco fan that would say something like that. And then gives an excuse of being in a pass first offense. Un****ingbelievable.

BroncosMT
01-18-2011, 11:10 AM
OMG, OMG, OMG! I cannot believe there is a Bronco fan that would say something like that. And then gives an excuse of being in a pass first offense. Un****ingbelievable.

this

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 11:15 AM

How has Maroney NOT been in a pass-first offense his entire career? That's exactly what McDaniels offense is and that's what Maroney has played under. You get some quality run-first oriented coaches in here like Fox, and what we assume to be the offense installed by McCoy, and its Maroney's first shot at a run-first pro-style offense since college.

How is that not true?

Would he stop dancing? Could the coaches get him to use his physical tools, which he has showed in his career, and make him into a better runner?

What's un****ingbelievable is this immediate need to **** on every player that was brought in here the last two years. What's un****ingbelievable is that if McDaniels liked him, he must be ****. You people need to get a clue. There's a reason McDaniels seems to be the top offensive coordinator candidate out there right now. We're staring at a running back who had 2,500 yards in four years in a pass-happy offense, and people are bitching and moaning about him.

It's the same bull**** about Moreno...guy has been the 15th best guy in the league at getting yards the last two years, and people think he's ****. You're right, it is un****ingbelievable.

errand
01-18-2011, 11:26 AM
welcome to the mane mizzou....kind of like bizzarro world on seinfeld. The team takes a backseat to hero worship on this site......

Alot of the posters on here like certain players and coaches, and evidently losing missing the playoffs is ok as long as certain players and coaches are still here.

gunns
01-18-2011, 11:29 AM
How has Maroney NOT been in a pass-first offense his entire career? That's exactly what McDaniels offense is and that's what Maroney has played under. You get some quality run-first oriented coaches in here like Fox, and what we assume to be the offense installed by McCoy, and its Maroney's first shot at a run-first pro-style offense since college.

How is that not true?

Would he stop dancing? Could the coaches get him to use his physical tools, which he has showed in his career, and make him into a better runner?

What's un****ingbelievable is this immediate need to **** on every player that was brought in here the last two years. What's un****ingbelievable is that if McDaniels liked him, he must be ****. You people need to get a clue. There's a reason McDaniels seems to be the top offensive coordinator candidate out there right now. We're staring at a running back who had 2,500 yards in four years in a pass-happy offense, and people are b****ing and moaning about him.

It's the same bull**** about Moreno...guy has been the 15th best guy in the league at getting yards the last two years, and people think he's ****. You're right, it is un****ingbelievable.

I never said Maroney was not in a pass first offense. I said it was an excuse.
2,500 yards over FIVE years. Which averages to 625 yards. A RB should be ready to run whenever he is called on. But to soothe your battered ego, if this is all he can do because he was in a pass first offense it merely provides one more reason we should have NEVER spent a 4th on him.

Tombstone RJ
01-18-2011, 11:31 AM

the same can be said for your lame azz and Shanahan... hit the road scum bag.

DomCasual
01-18-2011, 11:35 AM
The mug shot (Dear Lord):

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/01/18/0118-laurence-mug3.jpg

gunns
01-18-2011, 11:37 AM

Well the game checks certainly weren't being spent on hair care. I'd prefer the Boob thread over scary stuff like this.

jhns
01-18-2011, 11:38 AM
the same can be said for your lame azz and Shanahan... hit the road scum bag.

LOL

First off, scum bag? How old are you? 70?

Second, you aren't a Bronco fan if you aren't a Shanahan fan. Sorry.

"I am a Broncos fan! I hate Elway, TD, Shanahan, Atwater, Rod Smith, etc..." Sorry, that just doesn't make sense at all.

Tombstone RJ
01-18-2011, 11:40 AM
LOL

First off, scum bag? How old are you? 70?

Second, you aren't a Bronco fan if you aren't a Shanahan fan. Sorry.

"I am a Broncos fan! I hate Elway, TD, Shanahan, Atwater, Rod Smith, etc..." Sorry, that just doesn't make sense at all.

just making a point that you're a hypocrit of the highest order. Perhaps scum bag is not the right name, how about douche bag instead?

jhns
01-18-2011, 11:47 AM
just making a point that you're a hypocrit of the highest order. Perhaps scum bag is not the right name, how about douche bag instead?

Works for me. I'm not a hypocrite at all. I give respect to those that have done great things for this organization. I laugh at people who **** on those that did great things for this organiztion while trying to defend those that did nothing for this organization. It is called being a Denver Broncos fan.

BroncosMT
01-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Good heavens....wow

Tombstone RJ
01-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Works for me. I'm not a hypocrite at all. I give respect to those that have done great things for this organization. I laugh at people who **** on those that did great things for this organiztion while trying to defend those that did nothing for this organization. It is called being a Denver Broncos fan.

fair enough, but I have a hard time accepting you as a fan police. You are a hypocrit when you tell another poster to quit posting here in order to go follow McD, yet you are posting ad nausiem about how great Shanny and Culter were (and they didn't win jack crap as a tandem) and they are no longer part of the Broncos. We know you don't like McD, we get it. But your being a fan police of posters who refuse to throw McD under the bus is (when the Broncos front office is more to blame) is comical.

colonelbeef
01-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Good heavens....wow

Smarter.... Tougher.

-McFired

jhns
01-18-2011, 12:11 PM
fair enough, but I have a hard time accepting you as a fan police. You are a hypocrit when you tell another poster to quit posting here in order to go follow McD, yet you are posting ad nausiem about how great Shanny and Culter were (and they didn't win jack crap as a tandem) and they are no longer part of the Broncos. We know you don't like McD, we get it. But your being a fan police of posters who refuse to throw McD under the bus is (when the Broncos front office is more to blame) is comical.

Where did I tell them to post somewhere else? I just said it will be nice when they do....

I don't care if you throw McDaniels under the bus. What does that have to do with this thread? It was a thread about a player that McDaniels brought in. A poster got upset that McDaniels was being talked about and started in on this "why can't we just bash Shanahan for this?".... There is no way you can tie anything from the topic of this thread to Shanahan.... When people start randomly hating on Bronco greats for no reason, I come in and laugh at them.

I get to be the fan police because I stick up for all that is right in the world. You all defend everything that is wrong with this world(McDaniels) and throw Bronco greats under the bus to do so. I don't even really need to be the fan police. When you do this, you have already told everyone you aren't a Broncos fan.

"Real Bronco fans hate everyone that did good for the Broncos! Why would we show any respect to these individuals?" Again, it just doesn't make sense.

bowtown
01-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Updating an earlier item, Laurence Maroney has reportedly been released without charges after his Monday night arrest for possession of marijuana and unlawful use of a weapon.

"Mr. Maroney was unlawfully arrested for possession of weapons," said Maroney's rep. "He holds a permit to carry a concealed weapon and he had his permit on his person when he was arrested. He was not arrested for any drugs nor was he involved in a high speed chase. He was released without being charged with any offense and we do not anticipate he will be charged with any criminal offense." We'll update this if more unfolds, but it sounds like Maroney has somehow dodged a bullet here, no pun intended.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41136349/ns/sports-player_news/

5 pages of nothing about nothing. Par for the course.

DomCasual
01-18-2011, 12:19 PM

Did you see the mugshot?

If nothing else comes of this, the mugshot was worth the five pages.

gyldenlove
01-18-2011, 12:27 PM

Prepared for unemployment.

Can someone tell me why this utter douchenozzle got a free ride through college and hard working students who actually want an education have to pay their own way?

Tombstone RJ
01-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Where did I tell them to post somewhere else? I just said it will be nice when they do....

I don't care if you throw McDaniels under the bus. What does that have to do with this thread? It was a thread about a player that McDaniels brought in. A poster got upset that McDaniels was being talked about and started in on this "why can't we just bash Shanahan for this?".... There is no way you can tie anything from the topic of this thread to Shanahan.... When people start randomly hating on Bronco greats for no reason, I come in and laugh at them.

I get to be the fan police because I stick up for all that is right in the world. You all defend everything that is wrong with this world(McDaniels) and throw Bronco greats under the bus to do so. I don't even really need to be the fan police. When you do this, you have already told everyone you aren't a Broncos fan.

"Real Bronco fans hate everyone that did good for the Broncos! Why would we show any respect to these individuals?" Again, it just doesn't make sense.

LOL

Talk about a self righteous, egotistical hypocrit of the highest order, wow, you are a true douchebag (but you already know this)!

jhns: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/narcissism

k9-style
01-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Yeah in a year you need every pick you have and then some and I can't help but think of 2 players we've drafted in the past in round #4...B. Marsh & Doom.

You would think it might occur to a guy who was in NE and knows Belicheat that if Moronic couldn't crack the starting line up behind Ben-Jarvis-Green-how-names-do-I-really-need-Ellis and Woodcock and ends up being like 5th on the depth chart. Then why in the hell would we want him? Oh yeah because if he's good enough for NE he must be good enough for McHoody.

bowtown
01-18-2011, 12:35 PM

Can someone tell me why this utter douchenozzle got a free ride through college and hard working students who actually want an education have to pay their own way?

Pretty judgemental based on appearance, huh?

Mile High Shack
01-18-2011, 12:40 PM

he's got the best knitted hair in the league

Mile High Shack
01-18-2011, 12:41 PM
http://blog.timesunion.com/fiberarts/files/2009/06/6a00d8341d366253ef00e54f4673d68834-640wi.jpg
VS.

jhns
01-18-2011, 12:54 PM
jhns: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/narcissism

I do love me some me.

broncosteven
01-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Voltron has to carry a gat and blow weed to take the edge off being Voltron.

BTW I wonder if TD called Voltron also.

strafen
01-18-2011, 01:06 PM
STFU dude, just STFU!

gyldenlove
01-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Pretty judgemental based on appearance, huh?

No, more based on the fact that he is driving around in a car at night with criminals while he is facing the very real risk of unemployment. I guess David Kircus can put in a good word for him at Subway, in a few years he will need it.

Drek
01-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah in a year you need every pick you have and then some and I can't help but think of 2 players we've drafted in the past in round #4...B. Marsh & Doom.

You would think it might occur to a guy who was in NE and knows Belicheat that if Moronic couldn't crack the starting line up behind Ben-Jarvis-Green-how-names-do-I-really-need-Ellis and Woodcock and ends up being like 5th on the depth chart. Then why in the hell would we want him? Oh yeah because if he's good enough for NE he must be good enough for McHoody.

1. We didn't lose quantity of picks, just exchanged a 4th for a 6th. The rate of return on 4th round picks is marginally better than 6th round picks. Both are crap shoots.

2. Maroney consistently started over BJGE and the Pats didn't pick Woodhead up until after Maroney had been traded. He was New England's primary back his entire time there.

As for the original thread, you all know that Maroney is only still a Bronco in name only right? This was the last year on his contract and it seems highly unlikely we'll be retaining him. When FA opens we have no more to do with Maroney than we currently do with Travis Henry.

JJJ
01-18-2011, 01:22 PM

That was a great game.

Ruined a great QB rivalry too.

Chris
01-18-2011, 01:44 PM

Marthafartha is crimping on my style!

Popps
01-18-2011, 01:51 PM
1. We didn't lose quantity of picks, just exchanged a 4th for a 6th. The rate of return on 4th round picks is marginally better than 6th round picks. Both are crap shoots.

2. Maroney consistently started over BJGE and the Pats didn't pick Woodhead up until after Maroney had been traded. He was New England's primary back his entire time there.

As for the original thread, you all know that Maroney is only still a Bronco in name only right? This was the last year on his contract and it seems highly unlikely we'll be retaining him. When FA opens we have no more to do with Maroney than we currently do with Travis Henry.

As usual, you all can stop in and check out Drek's post if you want a pinch of reality mixed in with your hysteria.

cutthemdown
01-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Look at his eyes. That is the I'm never playing in the NFL again look.

BroncosMT
01-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Look at his eyes. That is the I'm never playing in the NFL again look.

Lets hope not for the Broncos at least....

jhns
01-18-2011, 02:05 PM
As usual, you all can stop in and check out Drek's post if you want a pinch of reality mixed in with your hysteria.

Yeah guys! It was a good trade! It is always good to give up a mid round pick for a player that does nothing! Just ask these two McDaniels fans who have been completely wrong about pretty much everything the past two years....

The only attempted fact in his first point is completely wrong. Everyone has already agreed on his second point long before he showed up. Then you come with this post. Funny stuff.

24champ
01-18-2011, 02:08 PM

Good post as usual Drek.

DenverBrit
01-18-2011, 02:11 PM

It's off-season and the villagers need someone to torch. ;)

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/angry_mob_by_acwraith.jpg

Chris
01-18-2011, 02:31 PM
I spose understand the drugs thing if that's your jam but why the need to carry a gun while doing drugs... baffles me...

Tombstone RJ
01-18-2011, 02:56 PM
STFU dude, just STFU!

ROFL!

ok dragster...

broncocalijohn
01-18-2011, 03:03 PM

Well, missouribronc also claimed that Hillis is basically Garbage. He had some classics in that never dying Hilis thread. He came on board late and amazing he would after Hillis was approaching 1000 yards or more. Missed the original post gunns and who in their right mind would actually think Maroney wasnt at fault for his suckyness? Oh, the great Missourbronc did.

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Well, missouribronc also claimed that Hillis is basically Garbage. He had some classics in that never dying Hilis thread. He came on board late and amazing he would after Hillis was approaching 1000 yards or more. Missed the original post gunns and who in their right mind would actually think Maroney wasnt at fault for his suckyness? Oh, the great Missourbronc did.

How many 2,000 yard seasons did Hillis have in Denver again? Was it 2, or 3?

oubronco
01-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Phoney Maroney

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2011/0118/20110118__LaurenceMaroney~p1_200.jpg (http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=3532259 )

Pony Boy
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
Phoney Maroney

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2011/0118/20110118__LaurenceMaroney~p1_200.jpg (http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/imageDisplay.jsp?contentItemRelationshipId=3532259 )

Ricky William mug shot, I think marijuana makes your hair grow funny

HILife
01-18-2011, 04:46 PM
One of the WORST moves McD made.

broncosteven
01-18-2011, 05:51 PM

I get the feeling that now that mCd is gone there will be less to complain about.

I doubt anyone will be making trades while Elway and the new GM (or is Xanders safe?) are out picking up pizzas.

broncosteven
01-18-2011, 05:51 PM

I dunno, giving up on a guy you moved up in the draft to get is kinda hard to process.

BroncosSR
01-18-2011, 06:45 PM
One of the comments on deadspin said "It is hard to run from the cops when you can only run 3 yards at a time"

gunns
01-18-2011, 06:59 PM
How many 2,000 yard seasons did Hillis have in Denver again? Was it 2, or 3?

:saywhat: Your post about Maroney made me spit out my drink. Fortunately I'm used to your posts now.

maven
01-18-2011, 07:01 PM

The trade made absolutely no ****ing sense. ****ing horrible trade.

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 07:02 PM
:saywhat: Your post about Maroney made me spit out my drink. Fortunately I'm used to your posts now.

Are you honestly going to tell me if we have Moreno, who I believe is capable of a 1,000-1,100 yard season, with a few hundred receiving yards, along with another 600-700-yard back (regardless of who it is or where he came from), you wouldn't take it?

Take out Maroney's association with the Patriots...look at the numbers...if he were one of the backs in a 1,800-yard duo, would you be unhappy?

All hypothetical, because he's going to be cut, but at least we've gotten away from the other conversation in this thread.

The Hillis post was obvious hyperbole, but he still didn't do as much as people think in a Bronco uniform.

schaaf
01-18-2011, 07:15 PM
One of the comments on deadspin said "It is hard to run from the cops when you can only run 3 yards at a time"

haha I was just thinking about that play on the goalline on fourth down where Maroney had an easy run in and he somehow managed to get an inch from the line and fall completely parallel with the goal line.

vancejohnson82
01-18-2011, 07:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkiBOi9CDWA&feature=related

schaaf
01-18-2011, 07:28 PM

.... is that real? and i thought he said if there's a hoe hahaha

Caveat Lector
01-18-2011, 09:15 PM
The trade made absolutely no ****ing sense. ****ing horrible trade.

Errr... It did make a little sense at the time.

IIRC, Moreno and Bucky were both beat up at the time and McD didn't trust Ball/Hall to stop Orton getting killed in pass protection. So he brought in a guy that knew the system/protection schemes. It was a trade of desperation rather than hope, but there was logic to it...

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Errr... It did make a little sense at the time.

IIRC, Moreno and Bucky were both beat up at the time and McD didn't trust Ball/Hall to stop Orton getting killed in pass protection. So he brought in a guy that knew the system/protection schemes. It was a trade of desperation rather than hope, but there was logic to it...

I am Inigo Montoya, you killed my father. Prepare to die.

SimonFletcher73
01-19-2011, 03:49 AM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_ZzSeX2ctOaA/RtWw9-Px2UI/AAAAAAAAAOI/Yw3JJmggOek/s400/koolaid.jpg

Maroney purchased the Kool-Aid bling because he thought it had high liquidity. Hope he has a good lawyer.

MOCRUSH
01-20-2011, 01:54 PM

Give it some time. Under Missouri law it is a D felony to handle a loaded firearm while intoxicated (misdemeanor for unloaded) (571.030.1(5) R.S.Mo). He would not be charged under this statute until the prosecutor has evidence of both intoxication and handling or other unlawful use of a loaded (and operable) firearm. Forensic testing of the firearm is necessary to establish this...St. Louis City PD forensic lab routinely takes months to process evidence.

A valid concealed carry license does not prevent being charged under this statute.

DomCasual
01-20-2011, 03:53 PM

So many possible retorts...

Captain 'Dre
01-20-2011, 06:25 PM
Link (http://www.kwgn.com/news/kdvr-denver-broncos-laurence-maroney-arrested-20110118,0,545057.story)

Now there's a day brightener for ya. ugh!~