PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon never called TD back

UberBroncoMan
01-17-2011, 07:43 PM
http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1342734

That's some ****ed up stuff. His stock just dropped big time for me.

broncosteven
01-17-2011, 07:47 PM
I heard that in another thread around here but didn't know it was actually true.

The dude has alot to learn.

TDmvp
01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
Things I took out of that ...

Josh is a moron
Zone blocking ... Good
Knowshon , maybe a penis , maybe not ...

TD , The man ...

SoCalBronco
01-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Hillis would have called TD back. ;D

Truthfully, I dont think he's a bad kid at all. I'm more concerned that he's kind of a puss with all these times he pulls himself out of the game with these injuries. Grow some sack, ballerina.

schaaf
01-17-2011, 07:58 PM
After the interview with TD, knowshon immediately called in and said that he never received the messages but that he would love to talk to him and get some advice from TD

BigPlayShay
01-17-2011, 07:59 PM
After the interview with TD, knowshon immediately called in and said that he never received the messages but that he would love to talk to him and get some advice from TD

This.

Homer Simpson
01-17-2011, 08:03 PM

Don't let the facts get in the way of an Omane over reaction.

srphoenix
01-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Remember last year when knowshon and marshall were going at it on the sidelines, let's just say I'm sure marshall wasn't the one trying to motivate knowshon. He's a good back that's played behind a mixed up line and has had some injurie woes, I think he'll have a better year next year. He is still the best rb of that draft by a good margin

OABB
I heard moreno yelled at a kid for cutting in line.

schaaf

I should have waited until the stakes had been lit and the mob had been organized ;)

UberBroncoMan
01-17-2011, 08:07 PM
I should have waited until the stakes had been lit and the mob had been organized ;)

Counter Fact: Perhaps he only called in because that went public and he was saving face by making up the fact that he "never" go the messages. I hear Cutler never got a phone call either.

See. All is good now.

HAT
01-17-2011, 08:08 PM
Another thread with a connection to 90's era Broncos?

http://tf2chan.net/offtopic/src/129082112440.jpg

Oh the irony of Broncos fans that smack KC & Oakland around for hanging on to past glory.

WolfpackGuy
01-17-2011, 08:09 PM
He is still the best rb of that draft by a good margin

LeSean McCoy says, "What!?"

schaaf
01-17-2011, 08:10 PM
Counter Fact: Perhaps he only called in because that went public and he was saving face by making up the fact that he "never" go the messages. I hear Cutler never got a phone call either.

See. All is good now.

Thanks for having my back ^5

Let the frenzy resume haha

Cmac821
01-17-2011, 08:10 PM

Fixed and done, next issue

Dr. Broncenstein
01-17-2011, 08:16 PM
I expect this thread to be an example of civil discussion.

SoCalBronco
01-17-2011, 08:16 PM
Another thread with a connection to 90's era Broncos?

http://tf2chan.net/offtopic/src/129082112440.jpg

Oh the irony of Broncos fans that smack KC & Oakland around for hanging on to past glory.

Actually, it would be awesome if we could go back to 97-98. That was the only year in HS that I actually had more than like 3 friends, the economy was good, Denver was winning games, I got to the State Finals in S&D and for the first and only time ever, a girl actually bought something for me.

Hire Kyle Shanahan. Now. And Ryan Slowik while we're at it.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/shanahan(1).jpg

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/89616741.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0A589DBEE2251D102 860319964BF30B2476F934BD936B25ECE30A760B0D811297

;D

HAT
01-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Actually, it would be awesome if we could go back to 97-98. That was the only year in HS that I actually had more than like 3 friends, the economy was good, Denver was winning games, I got to the State Finals in S&D and for the first and only time ever, a girl actually bought something for me.

;D

Let me know when you find that time machine SoCal. I got married in '97 and unhappily divorced in 2005. I'd gladly go back to being newly married to the love of my life AND celebrating Bronco Super Bowls. :strong: :yayaya:

SoCalBronco
01-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Let me know when you find that time machine SoCal. I got married in '97 and unhappily divorced in 2005. I'd gladly go back to being newly married to the love of my life AND celebrating Bronco Super Bowls. :strong: :yayaya:

Sorry about your divorce, man.

ColoradoDarin
01-17-2011, 08:36 PM
As I said in the other thread, Knowshon was the guy who called up Dwill's mother to ask if he could wear #27. That story and this story don't add up, which makes me inclined to believe him.

Pony Boy
01-17-2011, 08:36 PM
I know in my case I always call TD back, if not that day then for sure the next morning......as Wilford Brimley would say "it's the right thing to do".

HILife
01-17-2011, 08:40 PM

Sorry to hear that. That's the kind of stuff you hope never happens. You always hope that when people say "I do" they mean it forever.

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 08:57 PM
I blame McDaniels for everything and anything mentioned in this thread that went bad.

schaaf
01-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I know in my case I always call TD back, if not that day then for sure the next morning......as Wilford Brimley would say "it's the right thing to do".

I'm Wilford Brimley and I have Diabeetus

Steve Sewell
01-17-2011, 09:07 PM

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/89616741.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0A589DBEE2251D102 860319964BF30B2476F934BD936B25ECE30A760B0D811297

;D

I'll send my Delorean over right away.

Archer81
01-17-2011, 09:27 PM
While cruising on a fishing boat in Baja wearing my Myrtle Beach 2000 tshirt, I received an odd text from a buddy of mine on the light rail. The text was odd because it said Surrender Dorothy...the image attached with the text was a inflatable lobster. Now being the totally wicked broheim that I am, I texted back what? and then I got a chime on my Ipod that I got an email. I opened it up and it was an article written by some fool swearing to God Mike Mayock plagiarized him. I started to giggle at this point, because clearly anyone with a BYU degree can run a sentence together. Anyhoo, at this point I was done fishing and decided to come back in and enjoy a cervesa with some buddies of mine when Moreno shows up and takes a seat. He then received a call from TD and they had a good conversation while the group enjoyed celviche(sp) and tortilla chips.

True story.

:Broncos:

HAT
01-17-2011, 10:43 PM
While cruising on a fishing boat in Baja wearing my Myrtle Beach 2000 tshirt, I received an odd text from a buddy of mine on the light rail. The text was odd because it said Surrender Dorothy...the image attached with the text was a inflatable lobster. Now being the totally wicked broheim that I am, I texted back what? and then I got a chime on my Ipod that I got an email. I opened it up and it was an article written by some fool swearing to God Mike Mayock plagiarized him. I started to giggle at this point, because clearly anyone with a BYU degree can run a sentence together. Anyhoo, at this point I was done fishing and decided to come back in and enjoy a cervesa with some buddies of mine when Moreno shows up and takes a seat. He then received a call from TD and they had a good conversation while the group enjoyed celviche(sp) and tortilla chips.

True story.

If Ghostbusters wasn't on the bar TV and Tommy Lee Jones wasn't overseeing these events from the next table over....I call bullshiit

Archer81
01-17-2011, 10:50 PM
If Ghostbusters wasn't on the bar TV and Tommy Lee Jones wasn't overseeing these events from the next table over....I call bullshiit

Funny you mentioned that. Bill Murray is a fishing buddy (we dont talk about it to the press, obviously) and he was telling me about the night he and Tommy Lee Jones and two other friends got completely trashed in Vegas after a bachelor party. They woke up the next morning with a mother****ing tiger in the bathroom, a baby in the closet and Murray had a tooth missing. The fourth dude they locked on the roof. Boy was Tommy Lee Jones pissed. Luckily though he and Murray smoothed it out. TLJ had a Ghostbusters marathon going on the bar TV. He likes to bartend in Baja. Its a chance for him to get away once and awhile from the albatross that is fame.

Hamrob
01-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Moreno should beg TD for lessons....because, he can't wear TD's jock!

He's a good back who doesn't know when to stop dancing and just hit the damn hole. I'd love to see him in the zone running scheme....because that is really where he could excel (IMO).

Studs (ala Turner) would need to jump all over him everytime he tried to dance in practice...but eventually, he'd learn to make one cut and go. Moreno has average speed and is a tough runner...perfect for the ZBS.

And for those who are down on the ZBS...the best RB in the NFL this year was that kid from Houston!

vancejohnson82
01-17-2011, 10:55 PM
I heard moreno yelled at a kid for cutting in line.

hahahahaa

Archer81
01-17-2011, 10:58 PM

He's a good back who doesn't know when to stop dancing and just hit the damn hole. I'd love to see him in the zone running scheme....because that is really where he could excel (IMO).

Studs (ala Turner) would need to jump all over him everytime he tried to dance in practice...but eventually, he'd learn to make one cut and go. Moreno has average speed and is a tough runner...perfect for the ZBS.

And for those who are down on the ZBS...the best RB in the NFL this year was that kid from Houston!

Houston in the playoffs?

Not trying to pick a fight, but no one can run a pure ZBS anymore. Defensive linemen are both too big and too fast for it. I think implementing some ZBS elements with a more physical front is the way to go.

SoCalBronco
01-17-2011, 11:02 PM

Moreno isn't anywhere near close to perfect for ZBS. In fact, his running style is completely antithetical to the ZBS style. He dances like crazy, he doesnt have the patience for the one cut and go scheme, he wont wait for the lineman's blocks to develop, he's a complete dancer almost from the moment he hits the LOS.

vancejohnson82
01-17-2011, 11:05 PM

wtf is S&D?

vancejohnson82
01-17-2011, 11:05 PM
btw, Terrell Davis is a legend....i will listen to him talk football all day

OABB
01-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Moreno is best suited in a defensive player blocking system or a dpbs. Basically, he requires the defense from the other team to be blocked or else he dances too much trying to avoid tacklers in the backfield.

schaaf
01-17-2011, 11:23 PM
wtf is S&D?

I'm guessing Shot and Discus???

Shoemaker
01-17-2011, 11:37 PM
wtf is S&D?

Gotta be Speech & Debate.

OrangeSe7en
01-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Moreno isn't anywhere near close to perfect for ZBS. In fact, his running style is completely antithetical to the ZBS style. He dances like crazy, he doesnt have the patience for the one cut and go scheme, he wont wait for the lineman's blocks to develop, he's a complete dancer almost from the moment he hits the LOS.

I thought I was the only one who feels that way. I get so used to seeing "perfect for ZBS" where he's concerned, that I just tune it out.

OABB
01-17-2011, 11:49 PM
I thought I was the only one who feels that way. I get so used to seeing "perfect for ZBS" where he's concerned, that I just tune it out.

You aren't the only one. Alot of people here are stupid.

OrangeSe7en
01-18-2011, 12:00 AM
You aren't the only one. Alot of people here are stupid.

And you're not one of them?

OABB
01-18-2011, 12:02 AM
And you're not one of them?

Nope. I'm super smart.

Ratboy
01-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Moreno is a pussy.

I hope we trade him.

SoCalBronco
01-18-2011, 12:13 AM

Indeed

footstepsfrom#27
01-18-2011, 01:25 AM
So apparently he eventually did talk to Davis. If so I'd like to have been a fly on the wall for that.

Jetmeck
01-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Remember last year when knowshon and marshall were going at it on the sidelines, let's just say I'm sure marshall wasn't the one trying to motivate knowshon. He's a good back that's played behind a mixed up line and has had some injurie woes, I think he'll have a better year next year. He is still the best rb of that draft by a good margin

We still need another back to go with him !

footstepsfrom#27
01-18-2011, 02:02 AM
We still need another back to go with him !
I'd like to see Noel Devine in there...Darren Sproles II

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/010/764/82911374_crop_340x234.jpg?1282198705

Popps
01-18-2011, 10:32 AM
I can't confirm this.... but there's a rumor going around that Moreno once farted in public.

Now, no one knows if it was done on purpose or not, but I think we need to really think about what this means about his character, and the future of him and the team.

errand
01-18-2011, 10:59 AM
http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1342734

That's some ****ed up stuff. His stock just dropped big time for me.

While i'm sure TD could offer some sage advice, what's the big deal? what he gonna do? Tell the kid how the zone blocking running game works? Why? Moreno doesn't play in it....kind of like having Warren Moon tell Tebow about the run and shoot

BroncosMT
01-18-2011, 11:12 AM
While i'm sure TD could offer some sage advice, what's the big deal? what he gonna do? Tell the kid how the zone blocking running game works? Why? Moreno doesn't play in it....kind of like having Warren Moon tell Tebow about the run and shoot

To me its a lack of respect not only for a great person but someone who was vital to the organization......a legend if you will........any advice is good advice for no show right now.....not cool. Listen to the elders of the game.....one might learn something.

OABB
01-18-2011, 11:16 AM
I think td called to ask him what it's like to run the ball without blocking. More curiosity than anything else.

errand
01-18-2011, 11:27 AM
To me its a lack of respect not only for a great person but someone who was vital to the organization......a legend if you will........any advice is good advice for no show right now.....not cool. Listen to the elders of the game.....one might learn something.

The key word here is WAS. TD works for NFL Network...you know the guys that have been lampooned on here many times for being idiots? It's not like TD is the aging vet trying to advise the young guy taking over for him like Elway to griese......

you guys act like Moreno owes TD something...

orangemonkey

He could teach him the correct way to do the Mile Hile Salute.

errand
i think td called to ask him what it's like to run the ball without blocking. More curiosity than anything else.

lol ^5^5

BroncosMT
01-18-2011, 11:36 AM
The key word here is WAS. TD works for NFL Network...you know the guys that have been lampooned on here many times for being idiots? It's not like TD is the aging vet trying to advise the young guy taking over for him like Elway to griese......

you guys act like Moreno owes TD something...

He doesn't owe him anything....but if one of the greatest rushers in the teams history calls....its just good manners to call him back

Homer Simpson
01-18-2011, 11:40 AM
He doesn't owe him anything....but if one of the greatest rushers in the teams history calls....its just good manners to call him back

Not being funny, but did you read post 5 in this thread?

broncocalijohn
01-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Yeah, something nerdy. I thought he meant D & D which would fit too.

broncosteven
01-18-2011, 11:49 AM
LeSean McCoy says, "What!?"

Shonn Green too, but he is too busy playing the AFC Championship

BroncosMT
01-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Not being funny, but did you read post 5 in this thread?

Sounds like an excuse don't you think>? could be wrong....but since it was brought into the light...trying to save his image....IMO

DrFate
01-18-2011, 12:00 PM

Please save me a seat on the time machine. My stats looks very much like this also...

errand
01-18-2011, 12:11 PM

Ok, so what? Is this really news-worthy? Moreno diodn't call TD back...oh God NOOOOOO! How will the Broncos ever recover?

Again give me specifics of what TD is gonna say to the kid that he probably hasn't already heard before Zone blocking details? Moreno doesn't play in it, so whatever advice Td could give him valuable as it might be to say Arian Foster, it's kind of worthless to Knowshon Moreno.

How to be a pro? Knowshon's been a very good high character guy since day one, .... so again worthless advice.

Not sure what if anything TD could say to Knowshon that'll help him unless he knows how to open holes on the OL......

errand
01-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Shonn Green too, but he is too busy playing the AFC Championship

Greene is having trouble finding playing time behind Tomlinson.....still a platoon guy so far. But agree his team is doing very well.

underrated29
01-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I also am inclined to believe knowshon.

His rookie year when we drafted him my buddies were at the highlandsranch lodos. Knowshon was there. They went up to him and shook his and stuff. They said that knowshon was really cool and seemed more than happy to shake his their hands. They did also mention that the girl he was with did not seem to thrilled.

Nothing we have ever seen would indicate knowshon would not call someone, who also happens to be his alma back. Both were bulldogs-dont forget.

listopencil
01-18-2011, 12:57 PM
I heard Knowshon eats babies.

schaaf
01-18-2011, 01:04 PM
I heard Knowshon eats babies.

and doesn't like cold weather.... just what I heard

dbfan21
01-18-2011, 02:02 PM

Hilarious!

Kaylore
01-18-2011, 02:08 PM

Don't forget his jazz hands.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Knowshon+Moreno+Denver+Broncos+v+Kansas+City+TYHLm y_CApvl.jpg

That dude wastes more movement in five yards than a circus clown.

Requiem
01-18-2011, 02:14 PM
He will have 1,500 all purpose yards next season.

OABB
01-18-2011, 02:16 PM

are we getting a center and LG that can block next year?

CEH
01-18-2011, 02:24 PM
are we getting a center and LG that can block next year?

maybe but one thing for sure we will have a top notch Oline coach this year. One of the best in the business.

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 02:29 PM

How dare you suggest Moreno is capable of that...

OABB
01-18-2011, 02:31 PM
maybe but one thing for sure we will have a top notch Oline coach this year. One of the best in the business.

If our oline can block the other teams defense, I expect our running game to improve. I may be crazy, and not in line with alot of posters here on the mane, but I believe that a good running game is predicated on not allowing defenders 5 yards behind the LOS. Again, I understand how crazy this line of thinking is but I thought it would be interesting to offer another opinion on this board.

go_broncos
01-18-2011, 02:35 PM

i have to reply to this post..

ROFL!

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 02:43 PM
If our oline can block the other teams defense, I expect our running game to improve. I may be crazy, and not in line with alot of posters here on the mane, but I believe that a good running game is predicated on not allowing defenders 5 yards behind the LOS. Again, I understand how crazy this line of thinking is but I thought it would be interesting to offer another opinion on this board.

Well, we could try to get Barry Sanders out of retirement. I hear he has children...maybe they could do it.

cutthemdown
01-18-2011, 02:45 PM

Sorry but Lesean McCoy in the 2nd round by far the best RB in that draft. It was a weak draft for RB's and Broncos took one 12th which was way too high for Moreno considering his lack of speed.

Popps
01-18-2011, 02:47 PM

Moreno was extremely productive in the 2nd half of the season.

He's got plenty of talent. It's all about his health. That's the real issue.

cutthemdown
01-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Unbelievable we took Smith, Mcbath, Quinn in the 2nd round that yr with McCoy to be had. Not to mention the bust Moreno in the first. Man 2009 was a horrid draft.

cutthemdown
01-18-2011, 02:49 PM

The thing is he doesn't do a good job of avoiding hits and doesn't get super low at the point of attack.

He's got avg speed, very avg agility, avg receiver, decent blocker, not much wiggle and doesn't break a lot of tackles. I'm I totally missing his supposed skill set? He's Sammy Winder 2.0

cutthemdown
01-18-2011, 02:51 PM

Sort of productive but I can find tons of backs who have 4-5 good games every yr. Moreno has to do better or he will soon be just another bkup rb in the NFL. Already I think Broncos forced to bring in another potential starter.

I like going after Bush in Oakland if they let him hit the FA market.

Missouribronc
01-18-2011, 02:52 PM
The thing is he doesn't do a good job of avoiding hits and doesn't get super low at the point of attack.

He's got avg speed, very avg agility, avg receiver, decent blocker, not much wiggle and doesn't break a lot of tackles. I'm I totally missing his supposed skill set? He's Sammy Winder 2.0

Wow...Sammy Winder?

Knowshon Moreno has had two seasons that are already better than all but one of his.

schaaf
01-18-2011, 02:54 PM
I think Moreno will be fine.
Smith and Quinn suck.

Hopefully Mcbath can stay healthy I think he has some nice potential

UberBroncoMan
01-18-2011, 03:27 PM
I think Moreno will be fine.
Smith and Quinn suck.

Hopefully Mcbath can stay healthy I think he has some nice potential

I think McBath has the ability to be a great safety for us. Just a damn shame he's been injured so much. The good news is that if he can be healthy this year and live up to his potential it will be like we just signed a quality safety.

...McD sure had a love for signing injury prone players.

Archer81
01-18-2011, 03:56 PM
...McD sure had a love for signing injury prone players.

I hope you were joking here. Or do you not remember bad Broncos personnel moves before 2008?

cutthemdown
01-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Wow...Sammy Winder?

Knowshon Moreno has had two seasons that are already better than all but one of his.

Ya Moreno avg .4 yrds a carry more. Wow I really was off on that sorry. By the times its said and done i doubt Moreno does much better. Hope I am wrong but Moreno just not exciting. He doesn't break a lot of tackles, have moves, or do anything really well. For the 12 pick in the draft you need more.

One more yr not getting it done and Moreno probably won't even be considered a starting RB anymore.

broncosteven
01-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Ya Moreno avg .4 yrds a carry more. Wow I really was off on that sorry. By the times its said and done i doubt Moreno does much better. Hope I am wrong but Moreno just not exciting. He doesn't break a lot of tackles, have moves, or do anything really well. For the 12 pick in the draft you need more.

One more yr not getting it done and Moreno probably won't even be considered a starting RB anymore.

Since KM has such great 1st round blocking skills maybe Fox will move him to FB and we can get back to the days of finding 1500+ yard rushers in day 2 of the draft or off the street.

At least no one would mind seeing a FB get caught from behind by a DL 15 yards downfield.

extralife
01-18-2011, 07:03 PM
the important thing here is TD has a ****ing barbecue sauce

totally buying the hell out of that

Vegas_Bronco
01-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Wow...this thread delivers...I haven't laffed this hard in a while on the Omane....Tommy Lee Jones sitting across the table...ghostbusters - laff!