PDA

View Full Version : Video of Nick Fairley's "Cold" Comment

Pony Boy
01-17-2011, 09:36 AM
I don't see how anyone can think he was being serious when he made that comment, Skip ahead to 4:00 into the video if you don't want to watch it all.

<EMBED height=236 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=420 src=http://www.wkrg.com/news/video_external/nick-fairley-entering-2011-nfl-draft/1204035/ wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" allowNetworking="all"></EMBED>
WKRG.com News (http://www.wkrg.com/)

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article/nick-fairley-entering-2011-nfl-draft/1204035/Jan-14-2011_2-58-pm/

schaaf
01-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Nice find, he was obviously joking with the media.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Good, lets put this dumb argument to rest

Mediator12
01-17-2011, 09:45 AM
Much ado about nothing. The kid was emotional about leaving to go to the NFL and was having fun with that comment about not going somewhere cold. Anyone who has ever read people for a living would tell you the same.

Pony Boy
01-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Good, lets put this dumb argument to rest

You gotta love "the sky is falling" mentality that runs rampant on the OM.

hades
01-17-2011, 10:20 AM
The nerve of that guy!

Gcver2ver3
01-17-2011, 10:23 AM
when am i going to learn to stop paying attention to PFT?...

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 10:25 AM
I have it on good authority that he hates babies and Asians.

Cmac821
01-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Lol, well that video makes everyone look like a clown, including myself.

brncs_fan
01-17-2011, 10:27 AM
The question for me was whether or not he was joking in his comments. Now that I see it wasn't malicious and entitled I am willing to forget.

gyldenlove
01-17-2011, 10:29 AM
This is something 90% of players say, I know it is NHL, but I talked to John Tavares, Michael Del Zotto and Nazem Kadri before they were drafted and they all said they wanted to go somewhere warm and they ended up in New York and Toronto, so I don't think it is anything more than a joke.

Pony Boy
01-17-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't think he's signed with an agent yet, he wasn't wearing diamond studs the size of marbles.

Rohirrim
01-17-2011, 10:39 AM
It's funnier when a hockey player says it. ;D

footstepsfrom#27
01-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Lol, well that video makes everyone look like a clown, including myself.
I actually thought it was cool that he made the announcement at his high school.

bendog
01-17-2011, 11:01 AM
I see now why he needed two years at community college before gaining admittance to the academically outstanding SEC.

footstepsfrom#27
01-17-2011, 11:05 AM
I see now why he needed two years at community college before gaining admittance to the academically outstanding SEC.
I think he gets tongue tied in front of the cameras, but your point has some merit. He's gonne get the thrice over from any team looking at him.

Missouribronc
01-17-2011, 11:07 AM
I actually thought it was cool that he made the announcement at his high school.

I would imagine that's more because he went home after the Championship game rather than going back to Auburn to classes.

TheReverend
01-17-2011, 11:07 AM
For fifty million dollars I'd play football in Antartica

Los Broncos
01-17-2011, 11:25 AM
For fifty million dollars I'd play football in Antartica

Haha

Mile High Shack
01-17-2011, 11:30 AM
I think he cleared his throat too much

Agamemnon
01-17-2011, 11:30 AM
I have a feeling he learned a lesson in this, namely to never trust the media. If they can sensationalize something, they will, every single time.

By the way, he seems like a good kid. Maybe not the smartest, but he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I think all the "character issues" are really imaginary. He plays nasty on the field, but nothing seems to indicate that he's a bad apple off it.

Cito Pelon
01-17-2011, 11:46 AM
Nice find, he was obviously joking with the media.

There's an old saying, "There is much truth in jest."

bendog
01-17-2011, 11:50 AM
let's not go the dusty baker road on MLK jr day. (-:

strafen
01-17-2011, 11:55 AM
I haven't seen anything taken out of context for something so meaningless, yet people are making a huge deal out of it. This is the mane afterall.

Baba Booey
01-17-2011, 12:03 PM
I can't believe people took that comment seriously.

Agamemnon
01-17-2011, 12:04 PM
There's an old saying, "There is much truth in jest."

Yep, he doesn't want to play in the cold. He's a southern boy, should that be surprising? Having grown up in Colorado, I wouldn't want to play in the south (I don't know how people live with that heat and humidity honestly). Doesn't mean I wouldn't if I was a pro getting paid millions of dollars, just means my preference would be otherwise. Pretty sure he'll suck it up when push comes to shove.

ro_50
01-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Gosh, you people are making into a big deal when it's not. Nick Fairley will play where he's picked. He's a good Auburn man.

DarkHorse
01-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Still think he's gonna be bad news for the team that drafts him. Has nothing to do with the cold comment, it's everything else i've seen and read about him. Can't pinpoint exactly what it is but there's something about him that wreaks suspensions, conduct detrimental to the team, insubordination, etc....

If we draft him I hope i'm not right.

ro_50
01-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Still think he's gonna be bad news for the team that drafts him. Has nothing to do with the cold comment, it's everything else i've seen and read about him. Can't pinpoint exactly what it is but there's something about him that wreaks suspensions, conduct detrimental to the team, insubordination, etc....

If we draft him I hope i'm not right.

Where exactly are you reading that. He was never in trouble off the field for anything this season or even last season.

Concerns w/ him are his ability to play every snap without tiring out and his temper on the field, which he does need to control a bit and this is coming from me, a lifelong AU fan.

HILife
01-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Sounds like he was half joking. He prefer not to play in the cold weather, but it's whatever.

Pony Boy
01-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I can't believe people took that comment seriously.

4 pages worth....you gotta love the OM

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96494

Cito Pelon
01-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Yep, he doesn't want to play in the cold. He's a southern boy, should that be surprising? Having grown up in Colorado, I wouldn't want to play in the south (I don't know how people live with that heat and humidity honestly). Doesn't mean I wouldn't if I was a pro getting paid millions of dollars, just means my preference would be otherwise. Pretty sure he'll suck it up when push comes to shove.

Well, I'd be a little skeptical about this guy if I was interviewing him. I'd grill him about that comment, because you sure don't want to have a guy on your team that would prefer to be elsewhere.

Pony Boy
01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Well, I'd be a little skeptical about this guy if I was interviewing him. I'd grill him about that comment, because you sure don't want to have a guy on your team that would prefer to be elsewhere.

Yep, and make sure you tell him good grits are impossible to find in Colorado and also Denver is way north of the sweet tea line, it runs along I-40. Don't want to get that kid out of his comfort zone.

DarkHorse
01-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Where exactly are you reading that. He was never in trouble off the field for anything this season or even last season.

Concerns w/ him are his ability to play every snap without tiring out and his temper on the field, which he does need to control a bit and this is coming from me, a lifelong AU fan.

Various articles from around the 'net - there was an article a couple weeks back with quotes from the Oregon QB stating that Fairley was a dirty player, posts here on the O-mane from college FB fans stating the same thing, numerous articles and notes from mock drafts indicating that he is an 'on the edge of legal' player, etc....

That same temper on the field can lead to suspensions, fines, etc... - the same things I stated there was concern for.

I can dig up the links if need be but i'm 'fairley' certain that everyone has read them at some point or another. I don't watch junior NFL football so i'm by no stretch an expert. I'm basing my gut feelings on articles, concerns from other posters that do watch college FB and....... a gut feeling.

Cito Pelon
01-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Yep, and make sure you tell him good grits are impossible to find in Colorado and also Denver is way north of the sweet tea line, it runs along I-40. Don't want to get that kid out of his comfort zone.

Good grits are available at Ft. Carson. Any Army base has fresh grits available at any time of day. But he's not gonna go that route.

Chris
01-17-2011, 03:31 PM
We will fly in sweet tea and hot southern air every day for this kid.

P.S. I still hate the cold and love me some humid heat.