PDA

View Full Version : Is this realistic

llayne
01-17-2011, 07:28 AM
I know a lot of people hate the idea of trading for albert haynesworth, but if we could get him and AJ Hawk(I remember there was talk of him being traded) and go to a 4/3 and then draft another DL...how close does this to getting us to fixing our D

OrangeSe7en
01-17-2011, 07:33 AM
No. I dont think the FO want any part of him.

rbackfactory80
01-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Are you watching a movie you don't understand. Go back and look at Haynesworth's career and explain how he can help. He has had one good year the last decade.

footstepsfrom#27
01-17-2011, 07:37 AM
WAY to expensive even if he was a solid citizen, which he's not.

cmhargrove
01-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Remember the mantra - we need youth. Build our own talent base through the draft. If we are going to return to respectabiliity, we need to build a playoff contender first. Then, when we are really, really close - we go find our next "Neil Smith" to put us over the top.

This will take a couple (or few) years if done properly, but we have nowhere to go but up right now.

Que
01-17-2011, 09:00 AM
no

Kaylore
01-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Yeah I really believe they are going to start drafting talent. Xanders has said so and Fox keeps saying he doesn't believe the team is "at ground zero" and while "they need some help" they don't need to start from scratch. I'm going to guess after the staff is assembled, there will be two to four week evaluation period and then we'll see a lot of older guys cut and they'll draft a lot of defensive talent and maybe sign a few Panthers free agents.

serious hops
01-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Haven't you been paying attention? Getting Haynesworth isn't helping anyone.

DenverBrit
01-17-2011, 10:41 AM
I know a lot of people hate the idea of trading for albert haynesworth, but if we could get him and AJ Hawk(I remember there was talk of him being traded) and go to a 4/3 and then draft another DL...how close does this to getting us to fixing our D

Shanny, is that you??

orinjkrush
01-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Yeah I really believe they are going to start drafting talent. Xanders has said so and Fox keeps saying he doesn't believe the team is "at ground zero" and while "they need some help" they don't need to start from scratch. I'm going to guess after the staff is assembled, there will be two to four week evaluation period and then we'll see a lot of older guys cut and they'll draft a lot of defensive talent and maybe sign a few Panthers free agents.

i hope we don't turn into the Denver Panthers. yuck.

misturanderson
01-17-2011, 01:43 PM

Almost all of the panthers' upcoming FAs would be upgrades at positions that we need upgrades. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Get used to the fact that when a new coach is hired, he will bring players form his previous stop with him. We will probably see quite a few former panthers on the Broncos next year.

TheReverend
01-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Resounding "no" to both.

hades
01-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Yes, we need to work a deal to get him and Donovan Mcnabb!

/sarcasm

bendog
01-17-2011, 02:23 PM
This would only work if Bowlen hadn't woken up and fired McD's ****ty little ass.

peacepipe
01-17-2011, 02:43 PM
shanny, is that you??

lol

elsid13
01-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Haynesworth makes IHOP look like Rod Smith.

TDmvp
01-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Like for the 10th time in the 5th thread on this subject , NO ....

bendog
01-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Haynesworth makes IHOP look like Rod Smith.

In size as well as personality

Steve Sewell
01-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey lets add a fat, underachieving, 30 year old locker room cancer who quit after he got paid a huge FA contract to rebuild our defense around.

That would be a great idea.

Drek
01-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Haynesworth has made his money. No one will ever extract more than 30% effort from him the rest of his career. Within 5 years of retirement he'll break four bills though.

And a lot of people around here hate DJ Williams for myriad reasons that aren't all true about DJ but are all completely true for AJ Hawk (flies around, doesn't make big plays, frequently out of position, can't take on blockers, etc.).

broncocalijohn
01-17-2011, 03:42 PM
AJ Hawk would be a good pickup to keep an eye out for Brady Quinn. Isnt Hawk dating or married Quinn's sister or was it AJ Hawk's brother dating Brady Quinn?

boppool
01-17-2011, 03:48 PM

I wouldn't mind taking some of their defensive players. At least, it would be an upgrade.

boppool
01-17-2011, 03:49 PM
AJ Hawk would be a good pickup to keep an eye out for Brady Quinn. Isnt Hawk dating or married Quinn's sister or was it AJ Hawk's brother dating Brady Quinn?

Hawk is married to Laura Quinn, sister of Brady.

schaaf
01-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm pretty sure Brady looks more feminine than his sister.

oubronco
01-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Why the hell would anyone want him on our team, I just don't understand it

BroncoBuff
01-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Haynesworth will be a great bargain, but it's gotta be a 4-3 scheme. If so, definitely go for it. DTs are all jerks, at least he's the best jerk.

Apparently though, AJ Hawk cannot, under any circumstances, be on the field for passing downs. Sounds like a younger Andra Davis to me.

elsid13
01-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Haynesworth will be a great bargain, but it's gotta be a 4-3 scheme. And apparently Hawk cannot, under any circumstances, be on the field for passing downs. Sounds like a younger Andra Davis to me.

How can Haynesworth be a bargain when he would refuse to show up, takes plays off and refuse to listen to hes coaches or play according to the game plan???

BroncoBuff
01-17-2011, 04:45 PM
How can Haynesworth be a bargain when he would refuse to show up, takes plays off and refuse to listen to hes coaches or play according to the game plan???

But remember he signed with Washington when they were a 4-3 defense, then the next year Mike came in insisting on the 3-4. There's no glory for the man in the middle in a 3-4. Mike is a headstrong d!ck too, his doghouse has a one-way door as we all know. Sure, his one 'did not practice' listing for Haynesworth was hilarious, "headache' :~ohyah!: But let's not kid ourselves, Mike pushed all his buttons, really cut him loose. So he deserves a good chunk of the blame for all that.

DTs are all asshat clowns ... the WRs of the defense. Warren Sapp, Vince Wilfork, Gerard Warren, Kris Jenkins, Darryl Gardener, Haynesworth. Why not just go all in with Albert? Arguably the best player in the league when he played in a 4-3 ... maybe the best run-stuffer ever.

listopencil
01-17-2011, 04:53 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=96427

http://i52.tinypic.com/mj4ifn.gif

footstepsfrom#27
01-17-2011, 05:02 PM
But remember he signed with Washington when they were a 4-3 defense, then the next year Mike came in insisting on the 3-4. There's no glory for the man in the middle in a 3-4. Mike is a headstrong d!ck too, his doghouse has a one-way door as we all know. Sure, his one 'did not practice' listing for Haynesworth was hilarious, "headache' :~ohyah!: But let's not kid ourselves, Mike pushed all his buttons, really cut him loose. So he deserves a good chunk of the blame for all that.

DTs are all asshat clowns ... the WRs of the defense. Warren Sapp, Vince Wilfork, Gerard Warren, Kris Jenkins, Darryl Gardener, Haynesworth. Why not just go all in with Albert? Arguably the best player in the league when he played in a 4-3 ... maybe the best run-stuffer ever.
The best in the league? Best run stuffer ever? Albert how did you get hold of Buff's password? ;D

razorwire77
01-17-2011, 05:09 PM
If we were 9-7 this year, ran a 4-3 and the only major weakness holding us back from competing in the playoffs was D-line, I'd say roll the dice and bring him in for a look. But the team is early in the stages of a rebuilding process, and we're nowhere close to having the horses on defense to make a run next year. All Albert would do is become at worst case a cancer, and at best case a bad influence on whatever youngsters on defense we draft. Pass.

elsid13
01-17-2011, 05:12 PM

I live in DC area and know all about the situation here in Ashburn, I would shot down the plane Haynesworth was on if they attempt to bring him to Denver. The man is a freaking cancer that stop playing. He should be laugh out of the league.

BroncoBuff
01-17-2011, 05:20 PM
The best in the league? Best run stuffer ever? Albert how did you get hold of Buff's password? ;D

Yeah, overboard with "best ever," but his last two years with the Titans were phenomenal, he was the fashionable pick for MVP in '08. If not the best player in the league, then among the top handful. Completely dominated, shut down the middle of the line. I remember watching him against the Vikings then, and he was beating Hutchinson-Birk double teams.

elsid13
01-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah, overboard with "best ever," but his last two years with the Titans were phenomenal, he was the fashionable pick for MVP in '08. Completely shut down the middle of the line. I remember watching him against the Vikings then, and he was beating Hutchinson-Birk double teams.

When he was motivated and wanted to get payed.

BroncoBuff
01-17-2011, 05:24 PM
When he was motivated and wanted to get payed.

They said the same thing about Kris Jenkins.

footstepsfrom#27
01-17-2011, 05:29 PM
They said the same thing about Kris Jenkins.
But Jenkins just had a few personal problems he had trouble dealing with, he wasn't refusing to play or pulling the kind of stuff this guy is. Adding him would give us two huge salaries on the D-line that are both questionable. Doom may not be the player he was in the 3-4 but he's gonne get paid like it anyway. In retrospect it would have been wiser to hold off till we hired a new coach to see what defense he wants to run before we did his contract. It seems we're tied to that contract now whether we want to be or not.

FireFly
01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
I would love Hawk on our team.

He'd be an upgrade imo depending on the scheme.

It's not going to happen though