PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs: Seattle Seahawks @ Chicago Bears

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ColoradoDarin
01-16-2011, 02:56 PM
No I'm not. Go back and read it. My argument has been consistent. I think you might have misread something, with due respect.

It's similar, but different. One argument is that the bears had a tougher schedule than the chiefs, the other argument is that the chiefs never faced 3 teams like that (with Cassel wining/doing well). While they can go together, they can also be mutually exclusive.

TDmvp
01-16-2011, 02:57 PM
You're telling I'm detached from reality?

You realize based on what you just said, you can just twist up every single football argument ever made in favor of whomever you like?

Philip Rivers 2008
4009 yards
65.3%
34 TD
11 int
8.4 YPA
105.5 QB rating

Jay Cutler 2008
4526 yards
62.3%
25 TD
18 int
7.3 YPA
86.0 qb rating.

How the **** are you even going to sit here and say Jay Cutler deserved it over Philip Rivers?

It's great that you're using defense as an argument here, but when we're talking about the Bears this season, you're completely disregarding it.

People might sit here and laugh because of my insults, but those who really read between the lines see what a ****ing idiot and moron you are.

No he didn't. He completely missed pro bowl which was the big deal of Jay cutler making it over him.

Not that you'll comprehend this , But you do realize Rivers was snubbed for Brett not Jay right ? The starters in order was , Brett , Jay and Kerry Collins.

Brett made it on name alone and didn't have a good season. 3,472yds 22tds 22 ints...

No one has said Rivers didn't deserve to make , they are saying Jay did ...
As well as Rivers .

Brett was a sentimental pick by the fans for some god unknown reason they went 9-7 and missed the playoffs and I listed his stats . HE IS WHY RIVERS WAS SNUBBED ...

Cutler threw for 4,526 yds ,25tds 18ints and those are pro bowl numbers .

Collins lead the Titians to a 13-3 season and the 1 seed in the AFC and earned him a pro bowl ...

So Rivers was snubbed for Brett ... But I'm sure you will find some way to spin that.

The MVPlaya
No, I'm not wrong. Rivers was not passed over that year; he chose not to go.

Wow... how many times you people have to be wrong... like I said in my previous post...

I've said over and over and over, Broncos fans are dumb, they lie, they make up information on the spot, they get SIMPLE FACTS WRONG, even when it's about the Denver Broncos. Denver fans are ****ING IDIOTS.

Now onto you,

Cutler MADE the pro bowl, Rivers was an ALTERNATE meaning he wasn't in the original voting. The original pro bowlers voted were Manning, Favre, Cutler.

Taco John
It's similar, but different. One argument is that the bears had a tougher schedule than the chiefs, the other argument is that the chiefs never faced 3 teams like that (with Cassel wining/doing well). While they can go together, they can also be mutually exclusive.

One is an argument that the bears had a tougher schedule than the chiefs. The other is supporting evidence of this fact.

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Especially this Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers one... this was a direct incident that involved one of our own players and you guys still don't even ****ing know...

Even tho that information is easily accessed on the internet, 10 seconds away, you rather spend your time posting false information.

I've said over and over and over, Broncos fans are dumb, they lie, they make up information on the spot, they get SIMPLE FACTS WRONG, even when it's about the Denver Broncos. Denver fans are ****ING IDIOTS.

I distinctly recall Cutler deferring to the veteran Kerry Collins and allowing him to play (in that Pro Bowl) first (taking Cutler's turn).

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Wow... how many times you people have to be wrong... like I said in my previous post...

Now onto you,

Cutler MADE the pro bowl, Rivers was an ALTERNATE meaning he wasn't in the original voting. The original pro bowlers voted were Manning, Favre, Cutler.

Nonetheless, Rivers had the opportunity to play in that Pro Bowl.

TDmvp
01-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Google , it's your friend ...

Favre, Rivers sidelined by injuries
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3847848

There was movement on the AFC Pro Bowl quarterback roster on Tuesday.

Both the Jets' Brett Favre and the Chargers' Philip Rivers are not going to play in the game because of injuries. Tennessee's Kerry Collins has been named to the roster. Favre was one of three AFC quarterbacks to be named to the Pro Bowl last month. Rivers was the No. 1 alternate. Collins was the No. 2 alternate.

Collins was a surprise standout for the Titans, who had the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs after going 13-3. Collins, who took over for Vince Young early in the season, threw for 2,678 yards and 12 touchdowns. He will join Peyton Manning of the Colts and Jay Cutler of the Broncos as the AFC's quarterbacks. The game will be played in Honolulu on Feb. 8.

ColoradoDarin
01-16-2011, 03:03 PM
One is an argument that the bears had a tougher schedule than the chiefs. The other is supporting evidence of this fact.

Hmmmm, yet again, it's similar, but not the same. Think about it this way (obviously made up and not the reality of this year):

Team one:
Plays 3 toughest teams and 13 weak teams.

Team two:
Plays 16 average teams.

Either team could still have an overall tougher schedule. So no, it really doesn't support anything.

The MVPlaya
01-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Not that you'll comprehend this , But you do realize Rivers was snubbed for Brett not Jay right ? The starters in order was , Brett , Jay and Kerry Collins.

Brett Favre had the retirement issues looming, he's pretty in by default. Jay was the 3rd QB voted in which is why it was a big ordeal too..

The fact is though, no matter what order, Jay got in OVER Rivers, that's what happened. If you have one spot left, it was Jay that got in, and that's why it was controversial.

The fact that you couldn't get those simple facts straight, I refuse to read the rest of your post which is probably dumb and ****ty, and filled with more **** that needs to be broken down for accuracy.

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 03:05 PM

Both the Jets' Brett Favre and the Chargers' Philip Rivers are not going to play in the game because of injuries. Tennessee's Kerry Collins has been named to the roster. Favre was one of three AFC quarterbacks to be named to the Pro Bowl last month. Rivers was the No. 1 alternate. Collins was the No. 2 alternate.

Collins was a surprise standout for the Titans, who had the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs after going 13-3. Collins, who took over for Vince Young early in the season, threw for 2,678 yards and 12 touchdowns. He will join Peyton Manning of the Colts and Jay Cutler of the Broncos as the AFC's quarterbacks. The game will be played in Honolulu on Feb. 8.

Thank you for posting that... as I said originally, Rivers bowed out due to injuries.

The MVPlaya
01-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Nonetheless, Rivers had the opportunity to play in that Pro Bowl.

No one is denying that. That's not even a relevant argument... the point is Cutler got in over Rivers.

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Brett Favre had the retirement issues looming, he's pretty in by default. Jay was the 3rd QB voted in which is why it was a big ordeal too..

The fact is though, no matter what order, Jay got in OVER Rivers, that's what happened. If you have one spot left, it was Jay that got in, and that's why it was controversial.

The fact that you couldn't get those simple facts straight, I refuse to read the rest of your post which is probably dumb and ****ty, and filled with more **** that needs to be broken down for accuracy.

IOW... you refuse to read his post because it proves you to have been wrong.

The MVPlaya
01-16-2011, 03:07 PM

The ORIGINAL 3 was

Manning, Favre, Cutler

Is it really that hard?

I didn't say Rivers DIDN'T decline, Rivers was an ALTERNATE and Cutler made it over Rivers...

LMAO,,, you guys are too ****ing stupid...

frerottenextelway
01-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Peyton Hillis.

The MVPlaya
01-16-2011, 03:08 PM
IOW... you refuse to read his post because it proves you to have been wrong.

How have I been wrong?

Please tell me... I've yet to be proven wrong...

TDmvp
01-16-2011, 03:09 PM
http://www.drdriving.org/images/spin-arrows.gif

keep spinning retard ...

Blueflame
The ORIGINAL 3 was

Manning, Favre, Cutler

Is it really that hard?

I didn't say Rivers DIDN'T decline, Rivers was an ALTERNATE and Cutler made it over Rivers...

LMAO,,, you guys are too ****ing stupid...

Guess ESPN is "too effing stupid" too.... (his post quotes ESPN).

The MVPlaya
Google is your friend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Pro_Bowl

e Philip Rivers was the first alternate, but declined due to injury[2]

Gutless Drunk
No one is denying that. That's not even a relevant argument... the point is Cutler got in over Rivers.

Wrong.

Favre got in over Rivers. Favre did not deserve it.

Do you not understand this?

The MVPlaya
01-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Guess ESPN is "too effing stupid" too.... (his post quotes ESPN).

I am not sure what you're saying.

Are you saying that Rivers was on the original pro bowl roster?

TDmvp
01-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Google is your friend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Pro_Bowl

e Philip Rivers was the first alternate, but declined due to injury[2]

Yup , and he was the 1st alt because of Brett , Not Jay .

Jay had Pro Bowl #'s , Brett didn't .

The MVPlaya
01-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Wrong.

Favre got in over Rivers. Favre did not deserve it.

Do you not understand this?

Do you understand that Cutler was the 3rd QB voted in?

Like I said, this is a pointless argument saying Favre got in over Rivers, because Rivers is/was better than both Favre and Cutler that season... and this argument breaks that down to Rivers being better than Jay Cutler.

But you idiots are still stuck on some elementary concept of Rivers making the pro bowl that season...

Ya'll are ****ing pathetic...

The MVPlaya
01-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Yup , and he was the 1st alt because of Brett , Not Jay .

Jay had Pro Bowl #'s , Brett didn't .

what do you mean because of Brett? What does it even mean to be a 1st alt because of someone?

This makes absolutely NO sense.

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 03:15 PM
How have I been wrong?

Please tell me... I've yet to be proven wrong...

LOL

Post #485: (mine)
"Um... didn't Rivers bow out of the Pro Bowl due to injury that year? I believe he did...

And... that is why Kerry Collins got the opportunity to go to the Pro Bowl.... as Rivers' replacement."

Post #491: (yours)
"No he didn't. He completely missed pro bowl which was the big deal of Jay cutler making it over him."

Post #493: (yours)
Do you even know anything?

Blueflame was wrong... and thanks for that quote because he is dumb for saying that since it was FALSE.

Taco, you ****ing idiot.

Two things: I was not wrong. And I'm not a "he" either...

bendog
01-16-2011, 03:16 PM

Like I said, this is a pointless argument saying Favre got in over Rivers, because Rivers is/was better than both Favre and Cutler that season... and this argument breaks that down to Rivers being better than Jay Cutler.

But you idiots are still stuck on some elementary concept of Rivers making the pro bowl that season...

Ya'll are ****ing pathetic...[/QUOTE]
He has reached nirvana

Gutless Drunk
01-16-2011, 03:16 PM

Yes...and Cutler was better than Favre. so it should have been:
Rivers
Manning
Cutler

and Cutler is still a Pro Bowler.
You said he was not because Rivers did not make it. You have been proven to not know what you are talking about

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 03:17 PM
I am not sure what you're saying.

Are you saying that Rivers was on the original pro bowl roster?

What part of this...

"Um... didn't Rivers bow out of the Pro Bowl due to injury that year? I believe he did..."

is: A) wrong... or B) difficult to comprehend? It's fact that Rivers had the opportunity to play in that Pro Bowl.

The MVPlaya
01-16-2011, 03:19 PM
LOL

Two things: I was not wrong. And I'm not a "he" either...

Ok - you come in saying that Rivers made the pro bowl when I was talking to Taco able Rivers making it over Cutler...

Yes I was wrong in saying "He didn't make the pro bowl."

However, I have no idea why you even came in and talked about Rivers being in the pro bowl it had nothing to do with the argument... the original 3. If you notice, I reiterated by saying that Rivers was an alternate soon after.

I am done talking about Rivers in the pro bowl.

He was an alternate, that's all that really needs to be said.

TDmvp
01-16-2011, 03:22 PM
what do you mean because of Brett? What does it even mean to be a 1st alt because of someone?

This makes absolutely NO sense.

God you are stupid beyond words . I don't have time to reteach you basic math.

But here I'll ballpark it for you...

3 spots , 4 people , 1 left out ...

so hence someone getting in that shouldn't MAKES someone that should have been a alt ...

After you are done here might I suggest this website
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1568842481.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Everyday Math For Dummies.com
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/everyday-math-for-dummies-cheat-sheet.html

Blueflame
Ok - you come in saying that Rivers made the pro bowl when I was talking to Taco able Rivers making it over Cutler...

Yes I was wrong in saying "He didn't make the pro bowl."

However, I have no idea why you even came in and talked about Rivers being in the pro bowl it had nothing to do with the argument... the original 3. If you notice, I reiterated by saying that Rivers was an alternate soon after.

I am done talking about Rivers in the pro bowl.

He was an alternate, that's all that really needs to be said.

Rivers was an alternate because Favre got in based on his career numbers; not that season's numbers. Cutler's numbers (especially early in the season, which is what most Pro Bowl bids are based on, considering that voting starts early) justified him being there.

The MVPlaya
What part of this...

"Um... didn't Rivers bow out of the Pro Bowl due to injury that year? I believe he did..."

is: A) wrong... or B) difficult to comprehend? It's fact that Rivers had the opportunity to play in that Pro Bowl.

You're right, he had a chance to play... however you jumped into the conversation saying... Ummm...."....." as if it was contributing to me and Taco's conversation.

Your original post was a little deceiving... because philip rivers was an alternate.

Obviously Taco got confused too, because he quoted you with the smilies as if you proved me wrong in our conversation with Taco (about Cutler making it over Rivers), when it had nothing to do with it.

CEH
01-16-2011, 03:23 PM
It's not unanswerable. The answer is obvious: the Bears had a tougher schedule than the Chiefs.

If you use www.profootballreference.com they have a formula for offensive and defensive strength. the average is 0.0 meaning 16 teams are > 0 and 16 teams are < 0. The higher the number the stronger the unit

Chi played 8 defensive teams > 0 and KC played 2 teams > 0.

Just one site . I'm sure Outballoutsiders has some sort of statiscal values as well

KC also beat only one team with a winning record. I'm sure CHI beat more than one. KC had a really easy schedule this year

The MVPlaya
01-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Rivers was an alternate because Favre got in based on his career numbers; not that season's numbers. Cutler's numbers (especially early in the season, which is what most Pro Bowl bids are based on, considering that voting starts early) justified him being there.

Favre was the 2nd QB voted in, Cutler was the 3rd... Cutler got in over Rivers... since Rivers was the 4th QB (1st alternate).

And again, Rivers greatly outperformed Cutler early in the season and late in the season in 2008.

However I think what you're saying is true, because chargers sucked to start off the season and that's probably what voters were concerned about...

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 03:29 PM
You're right, he had a chance to play... however you jumped into the conversation saying... Ummm...."....." as if it was contributing to me and Taco's conversation.

Your original post was a little deceiving... because philip rivers was an alternate.

Obviously Taco got confused too, because he quoted you with the smilies as if you proved me wrong in our conversation with Taco (about Cutler making it over Rivers), when it had nothing to do with it.

So let's clearly define your argument here: you're saying Cutler's numbers did not justify a Pro Bowl selection that year? Because it sounds to me like you're reaching hard to try to suggest that he didn't earn it...

Why did I enter the conversation? To correct the impression that a healthy, snubbed Rivers sat home feeling butthurt over having no opportunity to play in that Pro Bowl. Fact is... his "alternate" status was a moot point because he chose not to play in a meaningless exhibition anyway.

ol#7
01-16-2011, 03:31 PM
What is up with the last 3-4 people who voted for the bears to win after the game was out of hand/over? Your prognosticating skills are indeed incredible!

The MVPlaya
01-16-2011, 03:35 PM
God you are stupid beyond words . I don't have time to reteach you basic math.

But here I'll ballpark it for you...

3 spots , 4 people , 1 left out ...

so hence someone getting in that shouldn't MAKES someone that should have been a alt ...

After you are done here might I suggest this website
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1568842481.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Everyday Math For Dummies.com
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/everyday-math-for-dummies-cheat-sheet.html

Basic math?

Order in which QBs got in

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Cutler
4. Rivers

How the hell did Favre knock out Rivers? If that was a fact, that means CUTLER would have moved down a spot.

You should consider ordering that book.

The MVPlaya
01-16-2011, 03:37 PM
So let's clearly define your argument here: you're saying Cutler's numbers did not justify a Pro Bowl selection that year? Because it sounds to me like you're reaching hard to try to suggest that he didn't earn it...

Why did I enter the conversation? To correct the impression that a healthy, snubbed Rivers sat home feeling butthurt over having no opportunity to play in that Pro Bowl. Fact is... his "alternate" status was a moot point because he chose not to play in a meaningless exhibition anyway.

2 years ago...

I don't care if Rivers got a chance or not, that's not my point.

I am suggesting that Cutler shouldn't have made it over Rivers which is what happened.

Steve Prefontaine
01-16-2011, 03:37 PM
It's funny how the arguments keep adjusting in order to trash Cutler and whatever he accomplishes. For the longest time he was a "loser" and Orton was a "winner". Now that Orton's a "loser" and Cutler is on a winning team, he's still not a winner because he has a decent squad around him.

I can't blame Denver fans though, it hurts seeing him go to the NFC Championship game.

Cutler played a hell of a game today. With that said, I could care less. Give me some Tebow clips!

frerottenextelway
01-16-2011, 03:39 PM
http://www.forthemommas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/211_kleenex.jpg

TDmvp
01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Basic math?

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Cutler
4. Rivers

How the hell did Favre knock out Rivers? If that was a fact, that means CUTLER would have moved down a spot.

It was more a facetious reply to you asking how someone could make someone else a alt ... Not the order of who got the most votes.
If you don't see how someone could make someone else a alt you are F-ing stupid , so I was basically being a sarcastic @$$hole toward you.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSzEf--cIWs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSzEf--cIWs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Miss I.
01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.
-- Author Unknown

frerottenextelway
01-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Cutler: A Pro Bowl quarterback in 2008, a Championship quarterback in 2010.

Miss I.
01-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things that cannot be.
-- Anon

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Basic math?

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Cutler
4. Rivers

QB Peyton Manning IND 32 10 16 16 371 555 4002 27 12 20 21 1 0 0 0 0.0 0

QB Brett Favre NYJ 39 17 16 16 343 522 3472 22 22 21 43 1 0 2 0 0 0.0 0

QB Jay Cutler DEN 25 2 16 16 384 616 4526 25 18 57 200 2 0 0 0 1 0.0 0

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/probowl.htm

Now, are you seriously trying to argue that at QB who had 343 completions in 522 attempts for 3472 yards, with 22 TDs and 22 INTs... deserved the Pro Bowl more than a QB who had 384 completions of 616 attempts for 4526 yards with 25 TDs and 18 INTs? Good luck supporting that theory.

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 03:53 PM
2 years ago...

I don't care if Rivers got a chance or not, that's not my point.

I am suggesting that Cutler shouldn't have made it over Rivers which is what happened.

Please take a second look at the numbers and tell me which QB of the 3 (non-alternates) "should not have" made it so that Rivers could have had the opportunity to decline to play (due to injuries) as a non-alternate.

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Cutler: A Pro Bowl quarterback in 2008, a Championship quarterback in 2010.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3ALwKeSEYs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P3ALwKeSEYs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

TonyR
01-16-2011, 06:18 PM
What is up with the last 3-4 people who voted for the bears to win after the game was out of hand/over? Your prognosticating skills are indeed incredible!

The better question would be why anyone would have picked the Seahawks to win outright. A mediocre team playing on the road against a team coming off a bye?

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 06:20 PM
The better question would be why anyone would have picked the Seahawks to win outright. A mediocre team playing on the road against a team coming off a bye?

Because....

1. Alot of people got excited when they beat the defending Champion Saints.

2. Alot of people had blind hatred for the Bears because of Cutler so they voted for Seattle regardless of reason.

broncosteven
01-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Because....

1. Alot of people got excited when they beat the defending Champion Saints.

2. Alot of people had blind hatred for the Bears because of Cutler so they voted for Seattle regardless of reason.

Yep,

Cutler had the kind of game today I was hoping to see for 16 years as a Bronco. He did well today and made a good team better.

He will have to play the same type of game next week to have any chance at beating a peaking GB team but it is the best matchup out of the NFC.

I almost forgot that we have the 2nd pick overall in the draft and are on our 2nd HC of the post Shanny/Cutler era while watching todays games.

It was also fun watching the Jets backup their antics by sending Brady and Belly home "one and done".

Taco John
01-16-2011, 06:59 PM

Rivers didn't make it over Cutler and it's debatable whether he should have or not. It's not debatable whether he should have made it in over Favre, though. Farve didn't belong there.

Blueflame
01-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Rivers didn't make it over Cutler and it's debatable whether he should have or not. It's not debatable whether he should have made it in over Favre, though. Farve didn't belong there.

It's also not debatable that numbers like 384 of 616 for 4526 yards, 25 touchdowns and 18 Ints.... do justify a Pro Bowl nod. And most of the people who argue that Cutler shouldn't have been selected that year would agree that "a QB" with those stats should go... as long as they didn't know those numbers were Cutler's. The hatred for him is personal and some Broncos fans desperately want him to fail... to the point of denying that he's ever had any success at all in the NFL.

Requiem
01-17-2011, 12:26 AM
86-106- This is a winning team to you?

Please, spin more, it's amusing to watch you squirm

I was going by "winning seasons."

SoCalBronco
01-17-2011, 01:24 AM
you clearly know nothing about me, but carry on.

funny how you and your BF colonel continue with your pining for cutler, non stop, regardless of time or situation or how hes even performing. like ive said before, no one is forcing you to be a fan of the broncos, if you like and miss cutler that much, go be a bears fan!

Not this **** again. Look dude, here are the facts:

1. You ADMITTED previously that up until a few years ago, you were a casual fan.

2. Yet you spent the last year and a half calling people out left and right, questioning their fanhood and riding the TruFan train all the way to 11-17.

So I don't want to hear it. Just ****ing stop, already. Go teach another kid how to do a pullup or something.

The MVPlaya
01-17-2011, 01:42 AM
QB Peyton Manning IND 32 10 16 16 371 555 4002 27 12 20 21 1 0 0 0 0.0 0

QB Brett Favre NYJ 39 17 16 16 343 522 3472 22 22 21 43 1 0 2 0 0 0.0 0

QB Jay Cutler DEN 25 2 16 16 384 616 4526 25 18 57 200 2 0 0 0 1 0.0 0

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2008/probowl.htm

Now, are you seriously trying to argue that at QB who had 343 completions in 522 attempts for 3472 yards, with 22 TDs and 22 INTs... deserved the Pro Bowl more than a QB who had 384 completions of 616 attempts for 4526 yards with 25 TDs and 18 INTs? Good luck supporting that theory.

NO, why are you wasting your time on this point? I've already said, Favre got in the pro bowl by DEFAULT since the retirement situation.

Again, you keep reaching with the Favre argument... let me reiterate the debate for you and every single other idiot that's talking about Favre.

Do I believe Jay Cutler should have made it over Favre? YES, I do.

However, since the situation was, Favre being in 2nd place, and Cutler being in 3rd with Rivers in 4th, it is debatable that Rivers should have gotten in over BOTH in respect to numbers.

What I am talking about here is this situation: Favre is getting in by default and you have 1 more spot to give to either Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers, THAT is the the argument, so stop bringing in Favre. PHilip Rivers should of made it over Favre, as cutler should have too.

Are you guys really this ****ing stupid where you can't see this?

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Cutler
4. Rivers

This list says that Cutler deserved the pro bowl nod more than Rivers.

How the **** are you going to tell me the QB that led the league in TD passes and QB rating, which had a QB rating of almost 20 better than Cutler didn't get in over him?

You guys keep talking about Favre like I don't know. Favre and Cutler made it over Rivers, not just Favre by himself. I'm here talking about Cutler making it over Rivers... you morons are obviously too stuck on Jay to ****ing see that since you have to bring in some other variable that doesn't CHANGE the original argument, which is Jay getting in over Rivers not IS JAY CUTLER A PRO BOWL QB....

Damn...Denver fans.... you guys are disappointing.

The MVPlaya
01-17-2011, 01:46 AM
It's also not debatable that numbers like 384 of 616 for 4526 yards, 25 touchdowns and 18 Ints.... do justify a Pro Bowl nod. And most of the people who argue that Cutler shouldn't have been selected that year would agree that "a QB" with those stats should go... as long as they didn't know those numbers were Cutler's. The hatred for him is personal and some Broncos fans desperately want him to fail... to the point of denying that he's ever had any success at all in the NFL.

The argument is based on Rivers getting in over Cutler.

Yes, I originally said in quotes, "...like Cutler "made the pro bowl""

I turned the argument in Cutler getting over Rivers since Cutler was in the 3rd spot and it was a decision of him or Rivers.

That was possibly Favre's last season, so he was going to get in by default... the reality of the situation IS

1 spot left, Cutler or Rivers and that's what matters.

The Favre argument doesn't get anywhere because he was getting in regardless.

NUB
01-17-2011, 02:28 AM
I turned the argument in Cutler getting over Rivers since Cutler was in the 3rd spot and it was a decision of him or Rivers.

That's not how Pro Bowl voting works.

Blueflame
01-17-2011, 02:36 AM
NO, why are you wasting your time on this point? I've already said, Favre got in the pro bowl by DEFAULT since the retirement situation.

Again, you keep reaching with the Favre argument... let me reiterate the debate for you and every single other idiot that's talking about Favre.

Do I believe Jay Cutler should have made it over Favre? YES, I do.

However, since the situation was, Favre being in 2nd place, and Cutler being in 3rd with Rivers in 4th, it is debatable that Rivers should have gotten in over BOTH in respect to numbers.

What I am talking about here is this situation: Favre is getting in by default and you have 1 more spot to give to either Jay Cutler and Philip Rivers, THAT is the the argument, so stop bringing in Favre. PHilip Rivers should of made it over Favre, as cutler should have too.

Are you guys really this ****ing stupid where you can't see this?

1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Cutler
4. Rivers

This list says that Cutler deserved the pro bowl nod more than Rivers.

How the **** are you going to tell me the QB that led the league in TD passes and QB rating, which had a QB rating of almost 20 better than Cutler didn't get in over him?

You guys keep talking about Favre like I don't know. Favre and Cutler made it over Rivers, not just Favre by himself. I'm here talking about Cutler making it over Rivers... you morons are obviously too stuck on Jay to ****ing see that since you have to bring in some other variable that doesn't CHANGE the original argument, which is Jay getting in over Rivers not IS JAY CUTLER A PRO BOWL QB....

Damn...Denver fans.... you guys are disappointing.

No, the point is that Favre's numbers... not Cutler's... were far lower than Rivers' and if any of the duly selected AFC QBs was "undeserving" of Pro Bowl honors, it was Favre (and Collins, who ultimately played in Rivers' place). And again... Pro Bowl voting starts around mid-season, meaning a QB whose numbers are gaudy early in the season will have a Pro Bowl advantage over a QB who plays "catch-up" with nice numbers in December. Now, if you look at the entire season's numbers (as you are here), you can cry "Rivers should have gotten in instead". But the Pro Bowl voters did not have the full season's numbers to go by.

And again... your point is moot because Rivers wasn't going to play in the Pro Bowl anyway... due to injury. Which leaves your debate position as: Jay Cutler still should have played in that Pro Bowl... only as "the alternate" instead of as "the guy who was legitimately chosen to be there". And if that were the case (if he only went to the Pro Bowl as a replacement because the guy who was selected for the honor was injured), then you'd be semi-justified in suggesting that the honor was "undeserved" (which is what you're trying to say). Unfortunately for you, your opinion does not "trump" the Pro Bowl voters... and they didn't see things the same way you do. Cutler's selection to the Pro Bowl was every bit as valid and justified as Manning's... and Favre's... and your attempt to claim otherwise is just... silly.

Blueflame
01-17-2011, 02:39 AM
The argument is based on Rivers getting in over Cutler.

Yes, I originally said in quotes, "...like Cutler "made the pro bowl""

That was possibly Favre's last season, so he was going to get in by default... the reality of the situation IS

1 spot left, Cutler or Rivers and that's what matters.

The Favre argument doesn't get anywhere because he was getting in regardless.

So was Cutler. Because the Pro Bowl voters said so.

We "get it" already that you hate Cutler....

Rashomon
01-17-2011, 12:49 PM
The burden of proof is on you guys stating such things, not for me to look it up. I'm not picking a side on this argument, I just wanted to see the quality of defenses they faced side-by-side, because using team record to distinguish such doesn't fly in my book as far as arguments go.

I was curious about this, so I looked it up. Cassel only played two teams that had a winning record, Indy at 10-6, and SD at 9-7. The only Top 10 Total Defense he faced was SD at #1. He only faced SD once this year. KC was 1-1 in those two games, and Cassel's QB rating was not over 71 in either game, and he only threw for 68 yards in the win against SD in the season opener.

Cutler and Chicago had 6 games against winning teams (NE 14-2, GB 10-6, NYG 10-6, PHI 10-6, and NYJ 11-6). They also had 7 games against Top 10 Total Defense teams (NYJ #3, GB #5 twice, MIA #6, NYG #7, and MIN #8 twice). Against teams with winning records, Chicago was 3-3. Against Top 10 Defenses, Chicago was 5-2.

There is no question that Chicago faced much better teams and defenses than KC this year.

The MVPlaya
01-24-2011, 07:01 AM
Bump

Where's Rev and Taco been all day?

You ****in idiots.

http://fast1.onesite.com/community.allhiphop.com/user/imstilldatninja/thread_backfire.jpg