PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow is most like _____ ?

Jesterhole
01-16-2011, 08:50 AM
1) Steve McNair - good solid leader, makes as many plays with his legs as his arm, a general on the field

2) Steve Young - a brilliant runner and passer, needed time to develop but ultimately became a HoF player

3) Vince Young - Talented runner, mediocre passer, good enough to win a few games but nothing to buid around

4) Eric Crouch - Dude, wasn't college great?

OABB
01-16-2011, 08:54 AM
John elway.

colonelbeef
01-16-2011, 09:06 AM
People saying Steve Young obviously never saw him play.

Tebow:Young as
Larry Csonka:Barry Sanders

Tebow reminds me of a slightly more mobile Boomer Esiason. Of these options, the clear answer is McNair

misturanderson
01-16-2011, 09:09 AM
So basically he's either future HOFer, a future league MVP, or a total bust? I think he's maybe closer to VY as far as potential and playing style without the mental breakdowns that are ultimately the only reason VY is considered a bust.

Jesterhole
01-16-2011, 09:14 AM
So basically he's either future HOFer, a future league MVP, or a total bust?

Yes.

HILife
01-16-2011, 09:17 AM
John elway.

You heard it here first.

OABB
01-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Correction. Elway is most like tebow.

DHallblows
01-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Correction. Elway is most like tebow.

There it is :thumbs:

Dedhed
01-16-2011, 11:03 AM
I hate the "He's the next, whoever". No great player has ever become the next, whoever. Tebow will be the same.

He will become the type of player who people compare the next generations to.

Chris
01-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Tim Tebow = Tim Tebow

schaaf
01-16-2011, 11:04 AM
I don't see the Tim Tebow option???

Garcia Bronco
01-16-2011, 11:05 AM
He's better than all those guys except Steve Young.

Jay3
01-16-2011, 11:09 AM

Tebow reminds me of a slightly more mobile Boomer Esiason. Of these options, the clear answer is McNair

Steve Young ran like Tebow when he was starting out.

footstepsfrom#27
01-16-2011, 11:27 AM

"Slightly" more mobile? Esiason's highest season rushing total was 278 yards, a figure Tebow could reach in three games. Esiason was a pocket passer not a running threat like this kid is. Tebow runs better than Elway did.

Grover
01-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Tim Tebow = Stampeding Rhinoceros

So I've got to choose "none of the above" on your poll.

colonelbeef
01-16-2011, 11:33 AM
"Slightly" more mobile? Esiason's highest season rushing total was 278 yards, a figure Tebow could reach in three games. Esiason was a pocket passer not a running threat like this kid is. Tebow runs better than Elway did.

Esiason was quite mobile- remember, the rules are different now. QBs then couldnt run for fear of losing their head. Different ballgame now.

In terms of throwing motion, size, and pocket mobility, he reminds me of Esiason. I might have understated the difference RE: running outside of the pocket, but dropping back, they look really similar to me

Boomhauer
01-16-2011, 11:53 AM
____________Dante Culpepper :tebow:

ICON
01-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Tim Tebow is most like..............Tim Tebow :approve:

Jesterhole
01-16-2011, 12:05 PM
I hate the "He's the next, whoever". No great player has ever become the next, whoever. Tebow will be the same.

The question is 'who is he most like.' You don't hate comparing things too, do you?

Sodak
01-16-2011, 12:39 PM
Tim Tebow reminds me of Eddie McCaffrey. He kind of looks like him too...

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Where is the Kordell Stewart option?

fdf
01-16-2011, 01:03 PM

Heck, I'll take the Larry Csonka of quarterbacks. Csonka tore the league up for several years. I always admired his running, except when he was playing against the Broncos.

fdf
01-16-2011, 01:19 PM
He's better than all those guys except Steve Young.

Right now, he reminds me most of Jake Plummer, but with potential. They both shine as passers when they are rolling out. Tebow is already a scary passer (from a DC perspective) on the run and Plummer was too. Both are/were pretty good at making something out of a busted play. That's what I liked most about Plummer.

The differences: (1) Jake could not pass well from the pocket--it just wasn't in him. Tebow shows potential in the pocket--he threw some beautiful deep outs in the last three games standing tall in the pocket. 1(a) Tebow has a stronger arm by far. (2) Jake got flustered and made really stupid decisions under pressure. Tebow already seems to have better judgment in that regard--his stupid mistakes seem to be knowledge of the game type problems, not getting flustered types. (3) Jake let his moods affect his play. I don't think that's going to be a problem with Tebow. He only seems to have one mood when he's playing. (4) Tebow is already a much better and stronger runner than Plummer ever was. (5) Tebow throws taller and does not have passes batted down at the line all the time.

So I think he's going to be a Plummer style QB but with a much greater upside. Of course, when Plummer played for Denver, he was a mature QB who could read defenses. In that sense, he was a much better QB than Tebow today, who looks like a rookie in that regard.

Taco John
01-16-2011, 01:20 PM
Watching Roethlisberger yesterday, I thought he looked a lot like him, only better.

Requiem
01-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Man was created in His image. It is fair to say that these guys are like Tebow, not the other way around.

extralife
01-16-2011, 01:24 PM

you could have just condensed all that into the words "Steve Young," who is conveniently an option

Cool Breeze
01-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Where is the Jesus option?

Ray_Lewis'_Victim
01-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Ed McCaffrey?

jerad_geiger10
01-16-2011, 02:29 PM
my vote is for Jesus.

tsiguy96
01-16-2011, 02:36 PM
mcnair

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Kodell Stewart. Tebow is a gimick, a false hope, much like his hero zombie jesus.

tsiguy96
01-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Kodell Stewart. Tebow is a gimick, a false hope, much like his hero zombie jesus.

http://employmentinterview.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mr-positivity.jpg?w=106&h=106

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 03:07 PM
If jesus was ressurected what happened to him? Did he just walk into the sunset? We have a name for those who are dead and come back. Zombies.

driver
01-16-2011, 05:17 PM
If you can find any film take a look at the way Sammy Baugh played, But Tebow is bigger and tougher.

Steve Sewell
01-16-2011, 05:28 PM

You're just a complete scumbag. Welcome to ignore.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM

Well, you are an easy win. The truth is hard to take, I guess it's easier to run like a girl than to dispute facts. Good for you to know your limitations.

Jesterhole
01-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Lol, some people on here have such sandy vaginas, it's amazing. You'd never think it's a group of (mostly) grown adult male football fans.

DenverBrit
01-16-2011, 06:01 PM

http://jghanks.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/td-jesus.jpg

UboBronco
01-16-2011, 06:04 PM
After reading the last few post's I wonder why anyone even bothers joining the mane, as it is no longer about the Broncos, only ones political or religious views. Please let me know where a Bronco forum is for us who want to partake in Bronco talk.

I for one think Tim Tebow is mostly compared to Joe Kaap, though most people on this forum never saw him play, or even know who he is...

dsmoot
01-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Well, you are an easy win. The truth is hard to take, I guess it's easier to run like a girl than to dispute facts. Good for you to know your limitations.

But you don't state facts. There is nothing to dispute.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 06:13 PM
But you don't state facts. There is nothing to dispute.

Give us some fact to dispute, I know it's hard, I wish you luck.

rugbythug
01-16-2011, 06:15 PM
If jesus was ressurected what happened to him? Did he just walk into the sunset? We have a name for those who are dead and come back. Zombies.
Luke 24:50

DenverBrit
01-16-2011, 06:16 PM
After reading the last few post's I wonder why anyone even bothers joining the mane, as it is no longer about the Broncos, only ones political or religious views. Please let me know where a Bronco forum is for us who want to partake in Bronco talk.

I for one think Tim Tebow is mostly compared to Joe Kaap, though most people on this forum never saw him play, or even know who he is...

At least spell Joe's name correctly. It's Kapp.

It's also off season, so lighten up.....but try Broncomania.

troya900
01-16-2011, 06:18 PM

Give us some fact to dispute, I know it's hard, I wish you luck.

God Bless, God Bless, God Bless and God Bless.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 06:20 PM

Depends. If you believe the Christian tradition, 40 days after His resurrection He ascended into heaven. If you don't believe Christian tradition, he either 1. never existed or 2. died on the cross and that was it, or 3. managed to survive being scourged, whipped, throttled, limbs broken and teeth beaten out of his head and managed to get out of Jerusalem and lived out his days in relative quiet.

Your attempt at humor, much like your opinion of Tebow sucks elephant balls.

:Broncos:

Dedhed
01-16-2011, 06:20 PM
you could have just condensed all that into the words "Steve Young," who is conveniently an option

If that was at all my point I might have said just that.

You clearly missed the point of what I said.

orangemonkey
01-16-2011, 06:25 PM
You should have Doug Flutie on this list. Tebow so far hasn't shown he has prototypical talent. Elite heart and drive but far from elite talent at this point. Both fingers crossed on him, but unfortunately, I think he'll take a lot of damage before he proves to be elite.

extralife
01-16-2011, 06:28 PM
If that was at all my point I might have said just that.

You clearly missed the point of what I said.

no I think my post just went over your head

WolfpackGuy
01-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Where's the Doug Nussmeier option?

Actually, Steve Young is being insulted by even appearing on the list with the other 3.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Luke 24:50

Tell us the passage, and how it explains the first 30 years of jesus life. There are more holes than the Patriot's defense.

Jay3
01-16-2011, 07:08 PM

No, zombies are undead, able to move and display minimal motor function, but without higher cognition or other indicia which are considered to be coming back to life.

Whereas Jesus came back to life. Not a zombie.

Jay3
01-16-2011, 07:09 PM
You should have Doug Flutie on this list.

If Doug Flutie was huge and strong and fast.

orangemonkey
01-16-2011, 07:13 PM
If Doug Flutie was huge and strong and fast.

Ok maybe JMarc Russell and Vince Young are better picks for you. Point is, you can't compare a project QB to the likes of a HoF QB like Steve Young until at least your GM/Coach call him a starter. Is that fair?

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 07:25 PM
No, zombies are undead, able to move and display minimal motor function, but without higher cognition or other indicia which are considered to be coming back to life.

Whereas Jesus came back to life. Not a zombie.

Ok, so where did he go? What did he do? What happened to him and what did he do with the rest of his life? And what was the first 30 years of his life like? Did they not exist?

rugbythug
01-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Ok, so where did he go? What did he do? What happened to him and what did he do with the rest of his life? And what was the first 30 years of his life like? Did they not exist?

It is completely hilarious the someone who is is negative about the religion know so little about it. It's in the bible you should read it.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 07:37 PM
It is completely hilarious the someone who is is negative about the religion know so little about it. It's in the bible you should read it.

I have read it, but my issue is what part of it is real? If you could tell us what part of the unabridged bible you could translate for us it would be a great help to us all. Do you believe all that is in the bible or just some of it? Do you think that it all should be applied to everyday life?

rugbythug
01-16-2011, 07:42 PM
The bible is all true. As I am not jewish I read the new testament more than the old.

OABB
01-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Christ came back. As Tim tebow.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 07:54 PM
The bible is all true. As I am not jewish I read the new testament more than the old.

Which version? The original one or the one that was ratified at one of the councils of Nicea? Both made significant changes to the book. If you had any idea how many times the word of god has been edited by men you would understand the lack of faith in it. But I'm sure you could care less, you follow blindly either way.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Which version? The original one or the one that was ratified at one of the councils of Nicea? Both made significant changes to the book. If you had any idea how many times the word of god has been edited by men you would understand the lack of faith in it. But I'm sure you could care less, you follow blindly either way.

Before Nicea there was no bible. Just the letters from and written notes on sermons given by the apostles and disciples. If you cannot find a message in scripture, thats your problem.

bendog
01-16-2011, 08:01 PM
May Tim save u all

rugbythug
01-16-2011, 08:03 PM

Please don't assume to know me.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Before Nicea there was no bible. Just the letters from and written notes on sermons given by the apostles and disciples. If you cannot find a message in scripture, thats your problem.

The problem you have is that men in a council decided on the word of god. Rules and leaders who had it in their best interest to keep the masses in line. Not one time, not ever has there ever been a hint of divine influence.

chanesaw
01-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Tebow doesn't remind me of any of those players.

Jay3
01-16-2011, 08:19 PM
24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[b] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’[c]

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

32 When they heard about the resurrection of the dead, some of them sneered, but others said, “We want to hear you again on this subject.” 33 At that, Paul left the Council. 34 Some of the people became followers of Paul and believed. Among them was Dionysius, a member of the Areopagus, also a woman named Damaris, and a number of others.

Acts 17:24-34

rugbythug
01-16-2011, 08:20 PM
The problem you have is that men in a council decided on the word of god. Rules and leaders who had it in their best interest to keep the masses in line. Not one time, not ever has there ever been a hint of divine influence.

What would it take for you to belive in god?

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Tebow doesn't remind me of any of those players.

Your right, Kordell has some success in the league. We will se if Tebow can replicate those gains.

randomtask
01-16-2011, 08:48 PM
scttgrd, do you go door to door handing out pamphlets to people and telling them your views on Christianity?

I'm just wondering, because it seems you've been bringing religion into every thread you post in since Tebow was announced the starter. in fact, I'd be willing to bet that you are one of the top 2 posters who have posted about Tebow's religious views.

Just so you know, there's a subforum here on the Orange Mane called the War, Religion, and Politics forum. It's a great place to view propaganda supporting and (much more often) demonizing all the political parties, read conspiracy theories by the resident conspiracy theorists, and vent when something War, Religion, or Politics-related has gotten you riled-up. More to the point, it's also a great way to keep war, religion, and politics from derailing legitimate football discussion in the main forum.

I guess what I'm getting at is, that if you don't like Tebow for football-related issues, then by all means, post it here in the main forum. That's what this part of the Orange Mane is for; to discuss the Broncos and football in general. If you, however, want to b**** and moan about Tebow's religious views and Christianity in general, please do so in the WRP forum.

It's just really annoying knowing that half the time that you go into a thread about our starting quarterback, it's going to turn into a religious thread. And you, scttgrd, are the reason nearly every time.

Jesterhole
01-16-2011, 08:55 PM
You should have Doug Flutie on this list. Tebow so far hasn't shown he has prototypical talent. Elite heart and drive but far from elite talent at this point. Both fingers crossed on him, but unfortunately, I think he'll take a lot of damage before he proves to be elite.

Far from elite talent? No way. The arm, legs and head are all there. Does he needs coaching? Yes. Better mechanics? More time in a pro offense? Yes. The talent is all there bro...

OABB
01-16-2011, 08:55 PM
So scatgrd hates tebow because he's Christian? Seriously? People are that dense?

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 08:58 PM
What would it take for you to belive in god?

If god himself came to me and made an attempt to prove himself, I would have a number of questions that he himself would find contradictory. That is the nature of your faith. At it's base it is confused and at it's best it is brutal. Not a way I would wish for my daughter to live her life. At 8 years old she has already decided, without my influence, it sounds like a bad movie. I may not believe, but I never, at her age would guide her in either direction. Hard as it may be to believe, but I think most people given the evidence would at least question or outright deny a god.

OABB
01-16-2011, 09:00 PM
If god himself came to me and made an attempt to prove himself, I would have a number of questions that he himself would find contradictory. That is the nature of your faith. At it's base it is confused and at it's best it is brutal. Not a way I would wish for my daughter to live her life. At 8 years old she has already decided, without my influence, it sounds like a bad movie. I may not believe, but I never, at her age would guide her in either direction. Hard as it may be to believe, but I think most people given the evidence would at least question or outright deny a god.

What if she became a fan of tebow?

Tim
01-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Steve Young.

does this remind anyone of of the run in oakland?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8P1TzqWEgY

Jesterhole
01-16-2011, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=Tim;3090571]Steve Young.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O8P1TzqWEgY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O8P1TzqWEgY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Great post! And a great run too, though Tim wouldn't have avoided any of those dudes, lol...

rugbythug
01-16-2011, 09:09 PM

That is not an answer. And it is also completely false. Every, people group has claimed a god from the begning of time. I see no need to talk religion with someone who has all the answers even when no one is asking any questions.

I will pray for you tonight. Have a great week.

driver
01-16-2011, 09:12 PM
scttgrd, do you go door to door handing out pamphlets to people and telling them your views on Christianity?

I'm just wondering, because it seems you've been bringing religion into every thread you post in since Tebow was announced the starter. in fact, I'd be willing to bet that you are one of the top 2 posters who have posted about Tebow's religious views.

Just so you know, there's a subforum here on the Orange Mane called the War, Religion, and Politics forum. It's a great place to view propaganda supporting and (much more often) demonizing all the political parties, read conspiracy theories by the resident conspiracy theorists, and vent when something War, Religion, or Politics-related has gotten you riled-up. More to the point, it's also a great way to keep war, religion, and politics from derailing legitimate football discussion in the main forum.

I guess what I'm getting at is, that if you don't like Tebow for football-related issues, then by all means, post it here in the main forum. That's what this part of the Orange Mane is for; to discuss the Broncos and football in general. If you, however, want to b**** and moan about Tebow's religious views and Christianity in general, please do so in the WRP forum.

It's just really annoying knowing that half the time that you go into a thread about our starting quarterback, it's going to into a religious thread. And you, scttgrd, are the reason nearly every time.

WHAT HE SAID!:approve::approve::approve: rep coming

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 09:18 PM
That is not an answer. And it is also completely false. Every, people group has claimed a god from the begning of time. I see no need to talk religion with someone who has all the answers even when no one is asking any questions.

I will pray for you tonight. Have a great week.

And every group from the beginning of time has reported alien encounters. I have no more belief in them than I do a god.

driver
01-16-2011, 09:19 PM

You need to go away, preferably to some country where someone with a rifle is seriously trying to do some damage to you. That might change some of you're silly assed opinions.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 09:24 PM

It's just really annoying knowing that half the time that you go into a thread about our starting quarterback, it's going to turn into a religious thread. And you, scttgrd, are the reason nearly every time.

I don't think Tebow is a good quarterback either way. But I have never been to anyones door to ply my beliefs, unlike you and your kind. Door to door sales of religion seems a bit slimy. But keep ignoring the element that advocates his faith, your looking the other way in those instances is just as much of an indictment of it as me refuting it.

I am sorry I hurt your feelings, equal coverage seems to bother you more than you like to admit.

OABB
01-16-2011, 09:28 PM
I don't think Tebow is a good quarterback either way. But I have never been to anyones door to ply my beliefs, unlike you and your kind. Door to door sales of religion seems a bit slimy. But keep ignoring the element that advocates his faith, your looking the other way in those instances is just as much of an indictment of it as me refuting it.

I am sorry I hurt your feelings, equal coverage seems to bother you more than you like to admit.

What part of 25 ppg don't you like?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
01-16-2011, 09:32 PM
No "Jesus Christ" option?

Absolute disappoint.

randomtask
01-16-2011, 09:33 PM

I'm actually agnostic, so unless you know some agnostics who go door to door, then your post is a bit off. But I should point out that what you're doing right now is the internet equivalent of going door to door and proselytizing those who have no interest in being proselytized.

I'm pretty sure that won't get through your skull, but I had to try.

I just get tired of every thread you post in turning into a piece of crap.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 09:47 PM

You either completely misread his post or you understood it and ignored it. In the Tebow threads you make anti-Christian cracks. You are evangelizing for atheism (a religion like any other) by attacking Tebow for being a vocal Christian. You attempt to cover your dislike of his religiousity by bitching about Tebow's delivery, throwing motion or the way he plays the game.

The bolded makes no goddamned sense. Who is he? Tebow? And why does it matter to you if he speaks about his faith? What difference could that make to you? As previously mentioned, if you want to complain about religion, go to the WRP forum and I am sure Gaff will be glad to inform you of the huge zionist conspiracy involving the NFL, Tebow, Mini-nukes and wikileaks.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm actually agnostic, so unless you know some agnostics who go door to door, then your post is a bit off. But I should point out that what you're doing right now is the internet equivalent of going door to door and proselytizing those who have no interest in being proselytized.

I'm pretty sure that won't get through your skull, but I had to try.

I just get tired of every thread you post in turning into a piece of crap.

I guess the idea went right over your head, I must say I'm not really surprised. I don't see you objecting to all the posts advocating Tebows faith and extolling it. But boy you got your hackles up as soon as I posted any kind of rebuttal. You are a hypocrite, as is usual. Like shooting fish in a barrel, you come calling as soon as your viewpoint is challenged.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 09:52 PM
It's as if all other views must be silenced so that you and those like you can have your say. But any other idea is to be squashed, is your position so weak that it has no footing when presented with other ideas?

OABB
01-16-2011, 09:54 PM
It's as if all other views must be silenced so that you and those like you can have your say. But any other idea is to be squashed, is your position so weak that it has no footing when presented with other ideas?

Why are you talking to yourself on a message board? It's kinda creepy.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 09:58 PM

Uhh...right. We told you the correct forum to go vent in and its somehow silencing a differing opinion. Are you new? Have you posted here before? Your entire basis of disliking Tebow, which has been proved in multiple threads is your dislike of his Christianity. Every post you have made in this thread have somehow related to attacking the validity of scripture, to muddling historical facts regarding the bible and the genesis of Christianity to pretending that somehow you are some great martyr being persecuted because we see through the bull**** you are presenting.

You have nothing left to stand on. So again, if you have a problem with Christianity, make a thread about it in the WRP.

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 10:02 PM
As previously mentioned, if you want to complain about religion, go to the WRP forum and I am sure Gaff will be glad to inform you of the huge zionist conspiracy involving the NFL, Tebow, Mini-nukes and wikileaks.

Haha...good stuff. I knew it was only a matter of time once the WRP forum was brought up that Gaff, mininukes and zionism would be mentioned.

Rep. ROFL!

randomtask
01-16-2011, 10:02 PM
I guess the idea went right over your head, I must say I'm not really surprised. I don't see you objecting to all the posts advocating Tebows faith and extolling it. But boy you got your hackles up as soon as I posted any kind of rebuttal. You are a hypocrite, as is usual. Like shooting fish in a barrel, you come calling as soon as your viewpoint is challenged.

The thing is, scttgrd, that I don't see any posts "advocating Tebows faith and extolling it" in this thread until you decided to start your rant. From what I can see, you started it.

If you really think that there are a bunch of posts "advocating Tebows faith and extolling it", as you say, then please quote some that weren't made due to your anti-religion rants. Feel free to go outside of this thread in your search.

The only thing i can think is that maybe you think that the Tebow religious jokes are the posts "advocating and extolling" Tebow's faith.If that's the case, then the cure you need is to get the sand out of your vagina.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 10:40 PM
The thing is, scttgrd, that I don't see any posts "advocating Tebows faith and extolling it" in this thread until you decided to start your rant. From what I can see, you started it.

If you really think that there are a bunch of posts "advocating Tebows faith and extolling it", as you say, then please quote some that weren't made due to your anti-religion rants. Feel free to go outside of this thread in your search.

The only thing i can think is that maybe you think that the Tebow religious jokes are the posts "advocating and extolling" Tebow's faith.If that's the case, then the cure you need is to get the sand out of your vagina.

Talk about ignorance, for one who claims to be agnostic you are very apologetic for those who claim faith. I am a different kind that you may not be used to dealing with. I am not an athiest, that is a nice label placed on some who do not believe. You are one of those who can't seem to make up your mind. A hypocrite in every sense of the word. You don't have a problem with proclamations of faith, but for those who doubt or challenge you condemn. How nice for you, riding the fence till you find a reason to take your feet for a stand. Stand proud my friend, i am sure someone will notice.

randomtask
01-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Talk about ignorance, for one who claims to be agnostic you are very apologetic for those who claim faith. I am a different kind that you may not be used to dealing with. I am not an athiest, that is a nice label placed on some who do not believe. You are one of those who can't seem to make up your mind. A hypocrite in every sense of the word. You don't have a problem with proclamations of faith, but for those who doubt or challenge you condemn. How nice for you, riding the fence till you find a reason to take your feet for a stand. Stand proud my friend, i am sure someone will notice.

Still waiting for those quotes showing posts "advocating Tebows faith and extolling it".

OABB
01-16-2011, 10:45 PM

Agnostics basically believe in god, but don't define or judge his existance. Pretty cool if you ask me. Athiests are as religious as born agains, only they believe in not believing.

And you suck.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Talk about ignorance, 3. for one who claims to be agnostic you are very apologetic for those who claim faith. I am a different kind that you may not be used to dealing with.1. I am not an athiest, that is a 2. nice label placed on some who do not believe. You are one of those who can't seem to make up your mind. A hypocrite in every sense of the word. 4. You don't have a problem with proclamations of faith, but for those who doubt or challenge you condemn. How nice for you, 5. riding the fence till you find a reason to take your feet for a stand. Stand proud my friend, 6. i am sure someone will notice.

1. Bull****.
2. Atheism is a lack in belief in a God. You believe no God exists. Its not a label, its a definition of the philosophy you are proclaiming.
3. An agnostic allows for the possibility a God/Gods exist. They see no proof to confirm or deny God's existence, and therefore just leave it at that. They also tend to live and let live.
4. No one is condemning you, you twit. They are correctly trying to get you to realize how ridiculous you sound.
5. Hence, agnostic.
6. Clearly you did, and incorrectly summed up his position.

You fail, freakshow.

randomtask
01-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Agnostics basically believe in god, but don't define or judge his existance. Pretty cool if you ask me. Athiests are as religious as born agains, only they believe in not believing.

And you suck.

To be completely accurate, Agnostics believe in the possibility of a god existing.

It's a bit off topic, but my personal view of religion can be summarized pretty well by a quote by Marcus Aurelius:

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

Steve Sewell
01-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Lol, some people on here have such sandy vaginas, it's amazing. You'd never think it's a group of (mostly) grown adult male football fans.

Listen, I don't mind people that have a low opinion of a players football abilities. That's what this discussion board is for...to talk football.

However, scttgrd is here to trash a player on his religion first and foremost. His agenda has been pretty blatant for quite some time, and it has no place on this forum. For what its worth, I think any discussion of a players personal life choices is in bad taste on this forum, both positive and negative. If I wanted to read this type of **** I would hang on the WRP subforum.

Broncos4Life
01-16-2011, 11:00 PM

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O8P1TzqWEgY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O8P1TzqWEgY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Great post! And a great run too, though Tim wouldn't have avoided any of those dudes, lol...

Nice vid. Haven't seen that in awhile. Would love to see Tim bust off one of those to win a game!

Broncos4Life
01-16-2011, 11:01 PM

Great vid. Would lvoe to see Tim bust off one of those to win a game!

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 11:07 PM
1. Bull****.
2. Atheism is a lack in belief in a God. You believe no God exists. Its not a label, its a definition of the philosophy you are proclaiming.
3. An agnostic allows for the possibility a God/Gods exist. They see no proof to confirm or deny God's existence, and therefore just leave it at that. They also tend to live and let live.
4. No one is condemning you, you twit. They are correctly trying to get you to realize how ridiculous you sound.
5. Hence, agnostic.
6. Clearly you did, and incorrectly summed up his position.

You fail, freakshow.

I had some respect for you, but just because I have no belief in a fairytale god doesn't mean I am an athiest. To me an agnostic can't decide whether to **** or get off the pot. Talk about beating around the bush.

As far as condemning me, I seem to get people like you all worked up over seemingly nothing. I mean if I am so wrong why bother to reply?

And If I sound ridiculous to you, you have no idea how crazy you sound to me. Really, god cares who wins or loses in a football game? I mean if there was a god? That is the definition of crazy.

As if god had time to worry about the quarterback of the Denver Broncos. If he did exist, and had time to worry about that I would wonder where the heck his priorities were?

Damn, this whole thing is bat**** crazy. Sometimes people scare me.

Dedhed
01-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Well, you are an easy win. The truth is hard to take, I guess it's easier to run like a girl than to dispute facts. Good for you to know your limitations.You haven't posted a thing in regards to Tebow that borders on the truth.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 11:11 PM
You haven't posted a thing in regards to Tebow that borders on the truth.

And you only post what you think might be. Until we see something, we are all guessing. Are you ready to predict a lombardi?

Dedhed
01-16-2011, 11:11 PM

Just so you know. You're proclaiming far more faith based assertions than any agnostic. You clearly know very little about any of this.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 11:14 PM
1. I had some respect for you, 2. but just because I have no belief in a fairytale god doesn't mean I am an athiest. 3. To me an agnostic can't decide whether to **** or get off the pot. Talk about beating around the bush.

4. As far as condemning me, I seem to get people like you all worked up over seemingly nothing. I mean if I am so wrong why bother to reply?

5. And If I sound ridiculous to you, you have no idea how crazy you sound to me. Really, god cares who wins or loses in a football game? I mean if there was a god? That is the definition of crazy.

6. As if god had time to worry about the quarterback of the Denver Broncos. If he did exist, and had time to worry about that I would wonder where the heck his priorities were?
7. Damn, this whole thing is bat**** crazy. Sometimes people scare me.

1. This is inconsequential to the discussion.
2. Yes, that is exactly what it means.
3. Very open minded of you. How very...authoritarian. You are a budding pharisee, huh?
4. Because you are wrong to do it in this forum, giggle teets.
5. I could care less what sounds ridiculous to you. I also dont recall saying God cared either way about who wins a football game. I sense you are projecting.
6. True ignorance is mocking something you halfway understand and then pretend like it doesnt matter to you. Pick up a book, chief. Simply because you are not in school does not mean your education ends.
7. People who dont know the meaning of words or what they believe in scare me.

MacGruder
01-16-2011, 11:18 PM
From what I heard, Steve Young said Tebow should revolutionize the game. So I say none of the above. The closest thing to Tebow is Tebow in college.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Just so you know. You're proclaiming far more faith based assertions than any agnostic. You clearly know very little about any of this.

I can say I have based my ideas in the words of the bible. I have read it many times and find some of the words to be useful. But sadly most of it is misogynistic and cruel.

broncocalijohn
01-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Tebow is left handed, a QB, religious, loves to run and he is white. Of course it is Steve Young. But he does remind me a tad of Ed McCaffrey.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 11:30 PM
1. This is inconsequential to the discussion.
2. Yes, that is exactly what it means.
3. Very open minded of you. How very...authoritarian. You are a budding pharisee, huh?
4. Because you are wrong to do it in this forum, giggle teets.
5. I could care less what sounds ridiculous to you. I also dont recall saying God cared either way about who wins a football game. I sense you are projecting.
6. True ignorance is mocking something you halfway understand and then pretend like it doesnt matter to you. Pick up a book, chief. Simply because you are not in school does not mean your education ends.
7. People who dont know the meaning of words or what they believe in scare me.

What should scare you is your lack of understanding of what you profess to know. History is a great indicator of intent. If you have no idea of it then I can understand. You want to call me something, but you have no idea what it means. And worse you missed the mark. It is so easy to speak on what you know, how will you speak on what you don't?

And as much as you care to ignore it, Tebows faith is an issue. Will you condemn the faithful as much as you chastise the unbelievers?

SoCalBronco
01-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Tebow is left handed, a QB, religious, loves to run and he is white. Of course it is Steve Young. But he does remind me a tad of Ed McCaffrey.

That's Decker, bro.

OABB
01-16-2011, 11:39 PM
To be completely accurate, Agnostics believe in the possibility of a god existing.

It's a bit off topic, but my personal view of religion can be summarized pretty well by a quote by Marcus Aurelius:

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

My bad. Thanks for the correction. Scatgrd still sucks.

Archer81
01-16-2011, 11:41 PM
What should scare you is your lack of understanding of what you profess to know. History is a great indicator of intent. If you have no idea of it then I can understand. You want to call me something, but you have no idea what it means. And worse you missed the mark. It is so easy to speak on what you know, how will you speak on what you don't?

And as much as you care to ignore it, Tebows faith is an issue. Will you condemn the faithful as much as you chastise the unbelievers?

This is possibly the dumbest post I have ever seen on this board...and I was here for BroncoWarrior, Rasta and the twit selling chinese made jerseys. You clearly lack any historical knowledge of christianity and you clearly lack any philosophical understanding of the nature of faith. You have, however agreed that my thesis that you hate Tebow because of his faith is correct.

And again, no one is chastising you for being an atheist. They are telling you to take your lame religious views to the WRP forum. This is not a concept that is incredibly hard to understand.

You are quickly approaching ****tard territory.

OABB
01-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Scat tard is killing me in this thread. Does he really not know how transparant he sounds. It's sad to watch bias defended lamely. At least when I'm biased I admit it. This song and dance is pahetic. Now i hate athiests.

Requiem
01-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Scott's candy van must have run out of gas again.

scttgrd
01-16-2011, 11:58 PM
This is possibly the dumbest post I have ever seen on this board...and I was here for BroncoWarrior, Rasta and the twit selling chinese made jerseys. You clearly lack any historical knowledge of christianity and you clearly lack any philosophical understanding of the nature of faith. You have, however agreed that my thesis that you hate Tebow because of his faith is correct.

And again, no one is chastising you for being an atheist. They are telling you to take your lame religious views to the WRP forum. This is not a concept that is incredibly hard to understand.

You are quickly approaching ****tard territory.

Again, I'm not an athiest. I didn't expect to change anyones mind tonight.

Tebow won't fail because of his faith, it will be because he is a bad quarterback.

But listening to most here how can he go wrong if god is on his side?

enjolras
01-17-2011, 12:00 AM
I think we're missing the most obvious comparison here.

Bernie Kosar.

Tebow is bigger and stronger, but they both have similar throwing styles and Kosar was definitely a very good runner as well.

And before you scoff, Kosar was an excellent NFL QB. He would have made a couple of superbowls if it wasn't for a certain VP of Football Operations.

scttgrd
01-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Scott's candy van must have run out of gas again.

Always the funny one, I am glad you don't live in my neighborhood. Don't you have a warrant out on you yet?

OABB
01-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Again, I'm not an athiest. I didn't expect to change anyones mind tonight.

Tebow won't fail because of his faith, it will be because he is a bad quarterback.

But listening to most here how can he go wrong if god is on his side?

So (according to you)it's too early for us to tell if tebow is gonna be good, but YOU can proclaim that he isn't in the same amount of time? How does that work?

broncocalijohn
01-17-2011, 12:15 AM
That's Decker, bro.

No, Decker looks like McCaffrey. In fact, McCaffrey looks like every player on the Broncos........as long as the player is white. Ask Kaylore, it is true.

scttgrd
01-17-2011, 12:19 AM
So it's too early for us to tell if tebow is gonna be good, but YOU can proclaim that he isn't in the same amount of time? How does that work?

I look at the mechanics, how long will it take to correct a bad throwing motion? Anyone can make the easy throws, it's the quick outs and the long sideline plays that tell the story.

And it has nothing to do with Tebows natural mechanics, it's how accurate can he be in an NFL style offense? If he can get that under control he can be good. That and limiting his runs a bit. He will be a boom or bust kind of player. I don't care for the guy, but he can be a great player if he can limit his runs and be tighter on his passing motion.

cutthemdown
01-17-2011, 12:19 AM

Uh Boomer although he had some good yrs has 1500 career rushing yrds and 7 rushing tds. He wasn't a good runner at all. Man I know you make some lame takes but this one a doozy even for you. Keep it up man you are funnier then will Farrell.

cutthemdown
01-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Tebow would have 1500 yrds after about 2 1/2 yrs starting and will have over 7 tds rushing sometime next yr. How can someone like Colonboy compare him to Boomer?

OABB
01-17-2011, 12:28 AM
I look at the mechanics, how long will it take to correct a bad throwing motion? Anyone can make the easy throws, it's the quick outs and the long sideline plays that tell the story.

And it has nothing to do with Tebows natural mechanics, it's how accurate can he be in an NFL style offense? If he can get that under control he can be good. That and limiting his runs a bit. He will be a boom or bust kind of player. I don't care for the guy, but he can be a great player if he can limit his runs and be tighter on his passing motion.

Was that so hard?

TDmvp
01-17-2011, 12:35 AM
As someone living in Cincinnati and been here my whole life and watched Boomer , Tebow plays NOTHING like Boomer.

I really like Tebow after getting to know more about him and hope we win with him , but him and Boomer have totally different skill sets and styles.

Boomer had some great years tho, 4 pro bowls and a MVP .

enjolras
01-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Borrowed from WolfpackGuy in another thread:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7gADSqn_-E#t=03m20s

First take in the greatness of #7 on one of the best passes he ever threw.

Then look at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njX2ysS1k-8&feature=related&t=55s

The similarities between Kosar and Tebow in terms of mechanics are striking.

cutthemdown
01-17-2011, 02:24 AM
As someone living in Cincinnati and been here my whole life and watched Boomer , Tebow plays NOTHING like Boomer.

I really like Tebow after getting to know more about him and hope we win with him , but him and Boomer have totally different skill sets and styles.

Boomer had some great years tho, 4 pro bowls and a MVP .

It's one of the worst comparisons ever. Boomer lol. I mean cmon about all they have in common is they are both big men. Athletically they don't move at all alike. Tebow more like a smarter, more mature Vince Young. Where Vince maybe a tad more agile, Tebow has power.

cutthemdown
01-17-2011, 02:25 AM
As far as athletically speaking though Kosar and Tebow not very alike from what i remember of Kosar. Also only 5 career rushing tds for Kosar. I remember him not having any type of agility when it came to running.

enjolras
01-17-2011, 10:50 AM
As far as athletically speaking though Kosar and Tebow not very alike from what i remember of Kosar. Also only 5 career rushing tds for Kosar. I remember him not having any type of agility when it came to running.

Ya, but mechanically Tebow is very far away from someone like Steve Young. Kosar is left handed and threw the ball with much the same motion as Tebow does.

I think we're finding that there are precious few comparisons to Tebow (which we already knew didn't we?). I think the Kosar comparison is the closest. Sure he wasn't much of a runner, but if Tebow is ever going to look like a pocket passer it's because he looks more like Kosar than anyone else.

Jay3
01-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Ya, but mechanically Tebow is very far away from someone like Steve Young. Kosar is left handed and threw the ball with much the same motion as Tebow does.

Agree on the similarity of motion, but Kosar was a righty.

cutthemdown
01-17-2011, 02:32 PM
I remember Ken Anderson being a tad more of a runner then boomer was but that was a long time ago.

Hard to compare throwing motions IMO to make a comparison but whatever.

Let's just hope they compare people to Tebow in a few yrs because he is dominating.

Old Dude
01-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Let's not carried away, guys.

He has a lot of work to do. There's no doubt he has the work ethic. But we'll have to wait and see whether he can stay healthy, how long it takes and how it all translates.

At this point, he looks like a tough and highly mobile rookie who is not very good at reading defenses and who needs more work on his dropback and release.

And yes, that is a bit like Elway as a rookie.

TDmvp
01-17-2011, 03:26 PM
It's one of the worst comparisons ever. Boomer lol. I mean cmon about all they have in common is they are both big men. Athletically they don't move at all alike. Tebow more like a smarter, more mature Vince Young. Where Vince maybe a tad more agile, Tebow has power.

Only thing I see in common are they are both left handed (Boomer/Tebow) ... But yea Cutthemdown i totally agree with yas.

razorwire77
01-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Someone a couple of pages back mentioned Ben Roethlisberger. To me from a strictly football standpoint that's the best comparison of another QB currently in the league. Both guys are extremely strong and extend plays by being huge and having excellent balance. Both throw an excellent deep ball by not putting too much air under it to where it sails. I think Tebow is more athletic once he makes the decision to run, and Ben has a quicker release and slightly stronger arm on intermediate stuff. Obviously, Ben reads defenses better, because of his experience. You don't want either guy throwing the ball 45 times, but if you get Tebow a decent running game, he'll beat you off of the play action in a similar way to Roth. If Tim continues to develop, that's who I see him being the most like in a couple of years. Hopefully during that development we work on running the ball consistently, and raising the overall talent level on defense.

yerner
01-17-2011, 05:14 PM
He's Peyton Hillis playing quarterback.

frerottenextelway
01-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Reminds me of Jay Cutler.

Jay3
01-17-2011, 05:25 PM
He smells like teen spirit.

BroncoBuff
01-17-2011, 05:25 PM
Don't like those choices. I'd say Vinny Testaverde.

TheReverend
01-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Why is there no "Clark Kent" option?

SoCalBronco
01-17-2011, 05:37 PM
Don't like those choices. I'd say Vinny Testaverde.

Nah, Tim doesn't blow big games.

bendog
01-17-2011, 05:44 PM
He's Peyton Hillis playing quarterback.

Tiny didn't trade him.

Popps
01-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Watching Roethlisberger yesterday, I thought he looked a lot like him, only better.

Roethlisberger was a top-flight NFL passer his rookie season, basically. He's had a 90+ passer rating all but one season. His running and mobility is just a compliment to his arm.

Tebow is the inverse, right now. He looks very much like a guy ready to run on every snap... and his motion still looks abnormal. Doesn't mean it's bad, but it's definitely different. (No, despite one coach saying so... it doesn't look like "Steve Young," either. Check out the videos I posted of Young coming out of BYU... a natural NFL passing motion.)

Tebow is going to be a project, and that's fine. I love the kid... and I hope the franchise will be patient with him and implement a real NFL team around him rather than expecting him to carry the franchise.

Jay Cutler is playing in an NFCCG this weekend because they put a team around him. If a QB that erratic can have success, I'm positive Tebow can as well.

I believe in Tebow long-term, but I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they're not willing to be patient as he learns how to go through his reads, get rid of the ball more quickly and develop a pass-first playing style.

Essentially, I'm hoping this coaching staff will drop the "QB Daddy" syndrome... and put a real, functional NFL team around whoever our QB winds up being.

Not sure if you were serious, but Tebow isn't on the same planet as Ben R. as a passer right now, but he may be given time... and he's got even more mobility and weapons to utilize on top of it.

Plus, he doesn't rape people.

Cito Pelon
01-17-2011, 07:46 PM

He has a lot of work to do. There's no doubt he has the work ethic. But we'll have to wait and see whether he can stay healthy, how long it takes and how it all translates.

At this point, he looks like a tough and highly mobile rookie who is not very good at reading defenses and who needs more work on his dropback and release.

I hope he throws about 15,000 passes this off season. I hope the staff finds somebody to work with him for the next few months to get that throwing motion exacted. Dude needs lots of reps.

He's a superb athlete, but not refined.

LT-Bronco
01-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Alfred Williams said best...

Tim Tebow is most like Bradlee Van Pelt, than any other quarterback.

Cito Pelon
01-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Tebow vs. Elway for their rookie years? I guess there is some comparison. They're both mentally tough. Elway was thrown into the mix from day one, Tebow was not. But thankfully Tebow was thrown into the mix by game 13, and he showed he's mentally tough. And that's what you want to see from a QB. He wasn't shell-shocked, he produced.

Jesterhole
01-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Plus, he doesn't rape people.

Hey now, Ben doesn't rape all people, only women.

Tombstone RJ
01-17-2011, 09:00 PM
1) Steve McNair - good solid leader, makes as many plays with his legs as his arm, a general on the field

2) Steve Young - a brilliant runner and passer, needed time to develop but ultimately became a HoF player

3) Vince Young - Talented runner, mediocre passer, good enough to win a few games but nothing to buid around

4) Eric Crouch - Dude, wasn't college great?

where's the choice for none of the above? Tebow is twice the leader McNair ever was, he's not as athletic as either of the Youngs and he's obviously better than Crouch could ever hope to be.

If I had to chose I'd say Steve Young but Tebow is not as athletic as SY. Off the top of my head, I cannot think of one past NFL QB who is like Tebow, and I think this is why many pundits don't like his game and claim he can't be successful in the NFL. Fact is, Tebow's style is unique and this is why he is so exciting to watch. He very much plays like a LBer at the QB position and if he can master the passing game, he's gonna be loved in Denver for a very long time.

BroncoBuff
01-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Alfred Williams said best...

Tim Tebow is most like Bradlee Van Pelt, than any other quarterback.

Ouch.

Whenever anybody mentions Alfred, I like to roll out this list - one I came up with all by myself. I'm betting he's the only football player, maybe the only athlete ever to accomplish this twin-trifecta:

First:
Alfred was 1st team All American at CU
Alfred was a team captain at CU
Alfred won a National Championship at CU

And later:
Alfred was a 1st team All Pro with the Broncos
Alfred was a team captain with the Broncos
Alfred won (two) Super Bowls with the Broncos

I'm betting that can't be matched.

Wait ... maybe Ray f'ing Lewis. Damn.

SoCalBronco
01-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Ouch.

Whenever anybody mentions Alfred, I like to roll out this list - one I came up with all by myself. I'm betting he's the only football player, maybe the only athlete ever to accomplish this twin-trifecta:

First:

Alfred was 1st team All American at CU
Alfred was a team captain at CU
Alfred won a National Championship at CU

And later:

Alfred was a 1st team All Pro with the Broncos
Alfred was a team captain with the Broncos
Alfred won (two) Super Bowls with the Broncos

I'm betting can't be matched. Wait ... maybe Ray f'ing Lewis. Damn!

Ray only won one Super Bowl and zero National Championships.

BroncoBuff
01-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Ray only won one Super Bowl and zero National Championships.

YAY!

Actually, Joe Sakic accomplished a similar twin-trifecta ... he was:
Stanley Cup Champion
Captain of the Stanley Cup winners
MVP of the league the same year

And was simul-freaking-taneously:
Olympic Gold Medal winner
Co-Captain of Gold Medal Team Canada
MVP of the Olympic tournament

Talk about being at the top of the game.

SoCalBronco
01-17-2011, 11:23 PM
YAY!

Stanley Cup Champion

Crosby has a similar thing, although he wasn't MVP the same year he won the Stanley Cup (although he was team Captain that year). He did win the Olympic Gold the year after and was an alternate Captain...while not tournament MVP he did have the golden goal.

I can see Jay having a list like this pretty soon.

Jesterhole
01-17-2011, 11:26 PM
YAY!

Stanley Cup Champion

Unfortunately you're talking about both hockey and Canada, two things in a dead heat during the race for irrelevance...

BroncoBuff
01-17-2011, 11:29 PM
I can see Jay having a list like this pretty soon.

LOL ... we're having some fun now, you and me, the only two who never slinked off to hide their Jay-love in a closet.

OABB
01-17-2011, 11:31 PM
LOL ... we're having some fun now, you and me, the only two who never slinked off to hide their Jay-love in a closet.

Chris simms. That is all.

MacGruder
01-18-2011, 04:46 AM
Roethlisberger was a top-flight NFL passer his rookie season, basically. He's had a 90+ passer rating all but one season. His running and mobility is just a compliment to his arm.

Tebow is the inverse, right now. He looks very much like a guy ready to run on every snap... and his motion still looks abnormal. Doesn't mean it's bad, but it's definitely different. (No, despite one coach saying so... it doesn't look like "Steve Young," either. Check out the videos I posted of Young coming out of BYU... a natural NFL passing motion.)

Tebow is going to be a project, and that's fine. I love the kid... and I hope the franchise will be patient with him and implement a real NFL team around him rather than expecting him to carry the franchise.

Jay Cutler is playing in an NFCCG this weekend because they put a team around him. If a QB that erratic can have success, I'm positive Tebow can as well.

I believe in Tebow long-term, but I think a lot of people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they're not willing to be patient as he learns how to go through his reads, get rid of the ball more quickly and develop a pass-first playing style.

Dude, you have been swilling what all the ignorant critics have been selling.

Tebow has a tendency to run a lot.. but that is because he sees all the openings and he is in a horrible situation AND has an incredible desire to win.

There is no way Tebow could run as much as he does if he wasn't punishing teams with his passing. The issues that you see are really more about the team than Tebow. It's just that unlike Orton Tebow doesn't have to fall down and lay there when the play isn't there and the line can't protect him... AND he isn't a dink and dunker like Orton. That is why the teams running improves so much with him and why he had such a high yard per pass.

Odysseus
01-18-2011, 04:51 AM

I hope he has the longevity this team has been missing.

Odysseus
01-18-2011, 05:00 AM

It's too early.

Smiling Assassin27
01-18-2011, 08:41 AM
Daunte Culpepper or Ben Roethlisberger.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-20-2011, 08:13 PM
Tim Tebow > Matt Cassel

Matt Cassel has a horrible deep ball. In 2008 with the Pats, he was 2 for 20 over 30 yards. In 2010 with the Chiefs, he was 1 for 17.

This year Tim Tebow was 3 for 9 over 30 yards.

To recap:

In two years:

Cassel 3 for 37 over 30 yards
Tebow 3 for 9 over 30 yards

Tim Tebow > Matt Cassel

scttgrd
01-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Tebow will be a poor mans Kordell Stewart. Except he will be injured a bit more often. College tape is a whole lot different than the NFL. Even McD managed a 6-0 start, as soon as teams see how he is going to be used it will mean more hits and more bench time.

Tombstone RJ
01-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Tebow will be a poor mans Kordell Stewart. Except he will be injured a bit more often. College tape is a whole lot different than the NFL. Even McD managed a 6-0 start, as soon as teams see how he is going to be used it will mean more hits and more bench time.

a poor man's Kordell Stewart? Wow, that's harsh dude. I'd say he's a rich man's Randal Cunningham, or maybe a moderately-well-to-do man's Tavaris Jackson. Heck, maybe he's even a upper-middle class man's David Garrard, or maybe a solid middle class man's Fran Tarkenton. But no way, now how is he a poor man's Kordell Stewart. Capice?

~Crash~
01-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Tim Tebow = Tim Tebow

yep

scttgrd
01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
a poor man's Kordell Stewart? Wow, that's harsh dude. I'd say he's a rich man's Randal Cunningham, or maybe a moderately-well-to-do man's Tavaris Jackson. Heck, maybe he's even a upper-middle class man's David Garrard, or maybe a solid middle class man's Fran Tarkenton. But no way, now how is he a poor man's Kordell Stewart. Capice?

He is not fast enough to avoid contact, at some point he will take a real hit. All those QB's you listed had the same quality. They were able to move and escape contact. Can the same be said of Tebow? Combine that with his delivery and he will be a target.

Tombstone RJ
01-20-2011, 10:08 PM
He is not fast enough to avoid contact, at some point he will take a real hit. All those QB's you listed had the same quality. They were able to move and escape contact. Can the same be said of Tebow? Combine that with his delivery and he will be a target.

basically you are saying what many NFL analysts have said about Tebow--he's mobil but not fast enough or quick enough to survive in the NFL, combine that with a bad delivery and he's just not suited to the NFL game. I can't argue with any of that analysis, that being said, sometimes the whole player is more than the sum of the parts... in other words, we shall see...

Tombstone RJ
01-20-2011, 10:11 PM
I got it!!! I freaking know who Tebow is most like!!!!

Doug-by-god-Flutie... only bigger!!!

Jesterhole
01-20-2011, 11:23 PM

Please go watch the tape again. Watch his run in the Oakland game. Those were NFL defesive backs and linebackers he was outrunning.

Do you really think Tebow isn't smart enough or willing to work hard enough to learn the drop back game?

MacGruder
01-21-2011, 03:42 AM
People forget there is such a thing as talent.. Tebow has the PERFECT skillset. He is a fantastic down field passer.. AND a dominant short yardage runner. You combine these abilities and add his intelligence and preparation and just a talent for running the ball.. and you get the most dominant college player ever.

After Tebow won his first game as starting QB in the NFL Steve Young said he thought Tebow should revolutionize the NFL. People who say Tebow will get injured running forget that pocket passers are no safer.. if not in more danger. Tebow would be a fool not to use his athleticism.

The Moops
01-21-2011, 05:16 AM
Tebow is much bigger and powerful than Young. He doesn't run as well as Young, but runs better than McNair did.

Ideally, I'd like to see him be like Roethlisberger (the anti-Roethlisberger off the field, of course) and the Broncos become like the Steelers . . .

* A great punishing defense
* Superb smash-mouth running game
* Corps of playmaking receivers
* And Tebow, a gutsy winner, who you know will make the plays to win in the 4th quarter

Tombstone RJ
01-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Big Ben is a prototypical stand-in-the-pocket QB with good arm strenght and good accuracy. Tebow is not a prototypical NFL QB outside of maybe his size. However, I agree, the Broncos need to build a team with a fantastic defense and an excellent running game to allow Tebow to flourish. Of course, that can be said for just about any QB in the NFL, no?

Chris
01-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Someone a couple of pages back mentioned Ben Roethlisberger. To me from a strictly football standpoint that's the best comparison of another QB currently in the league. Both guys are extremely strong and extend plays by being huge and having excellent balance. Both throw an excellent deep ball by not putting too much air under it to where it sails. I think Tebow is more athletic once he makes the decision to run, and Ben has a quicker release and slightly stronger arm on intermediate stuff. Obviously, Ben reads defenses better, because of his experience. You don't want either guy throwing the ball 45 times, but if you get Tebow a decent running game, he'll beat you off of the play action in a similar way to Roth. If Tim continues to develop, that's who I see him being the most like in a couple of years. Hopefully during that development we work on running the ball consistently, and raising the overall talent level on defense.

What kind of system did the rapist play in when he was at Miami of Ohio?

Archer81
01-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Please go watch the tape again. Watch his run in the Oakland game. Those were NFL defesive backs and linebackers he was outrunning.

Do you really think Tebow isn't smart enough or willing to work hard enough to learn the drop back game?

Read through this thread and read Sctt's comments. Its obvious he 1. has not watched tebow, and repeats what ESPN says, and 2. is hung up on religious affiliation.

OABB
01-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Scat tard at it again.

jhns
01-21-2011, 10:38 AM
What, no Jesus option?

I don't know who he is like. I have never seen a QB with his skill set before. None of them have his size, speed, and strength combo. He throws a great deep ball but really needs to work on the shorter throws.

bendog
01-21-2011, 01:27 PM
There's a tebow special on espn2 sunday at 11 central!!!! Tivo tebow!!!!

The Moops
01-22-2011, 04:27 AM
Saw the Tebow special last night on ESPN2 about his preparation for the 2010 NFL draft.

Now I'm even more impressed (if that is possible) with this young man.

White Horses Inc.
01-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Touchdown Jesus?